Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-03-2017, 08:22 AM   #1951
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I guess the committee needs to figure out the answer quickly as to what they are looking for in playoff teams.

I think Alabama is the better team(which is what they are supposedly to be picking) or most deserving which you might lean Ohio States way because of playing that extra Big Ten Championship game and winning.

Either way this good to get some actual answers as to how they are going to pick their playoff teams.

Id speculate Ohio State gets in for sure if it was any other team than Alabama in their situation.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:27 AM   #1952
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
BS. Ohio State has 0 wins against actual good teams. Their "top 10" wins are against teams that also played and beat nobody. OSU lost by 15 at home to their only really good opponent. Wisconsin isn't a top 10 team in any version of reality. PSU didn't play anyone and lost a couple of games. MSU played one decent team, ND, and got blown out.

USC has as much claim at OSU. Bama and Auburn both have a better argument. The real debate should be UCF and Bama since the AAC was better than the B1G this year.

Yes, we get it you hate the Big Ten. The hatred doesnt make your arguments any stronger however.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:31 AM   #1953
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

I'm not smart enough to figure this out, so help me. Why is it a lock that Clemson is number 1? Georgia and Clemson have the same number of losses, with Georgia loss being against a way better team and a team they ended up beating the second time. Clemson has a close win against that same team and the win against Miami as their best wins. Georgia also has wins against Notre Dame, and if you compare schedule to schedule they look very similar.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:34 AM   #1954
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Alabama is in.

Ohio St. beats Wisc., Oklahoma beats TCU, Clemson beats Miami. Auburn beats Georgia.

Alabama beats Oklahoma, Clemson beats Auburn.

Alabama (probably) beats Clemson to take the rubber match.

(Patriots win Super Bowl, nation wakes up to Sonny & Cher, drives off cliff.)

Bah, Auburn! Well, sub in Georgia and I think it'll be the same four. It might be hard to justify seeding Bama higher than Georgia to get those matchups though.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:36 AM   #1955
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I vote for Alabama at #4 and give them the benefit of doubt.

OSU slipped in over conference champion Penn State last year so this thing about conference champions is lessened.

TBH, I feel sorry most for Auburn. They had a fantastic year but just came up short against GA.

Some humor similar to what's going on at all the College football forums.

Ohio State vs. Alabama: Who’ll Get The College Football Playoff No. 4 Spot? | College Football News

Ohio State had 3 top 10 wins last year, that's why they sneaked into the playoffs. The better comparison is Ohio State in 2015. That was a really good team that lost a late game to MSU in bad conditions and missed the playoffs due to a lack of big wins.

Another difference this year was the number of conference games. OSU had 9 compared to Bama's 8. If OSU missed Iowa and played Mercer instead this isn't even a conversation.

I'm not saying OSU deserves to be in over Alabama, it's a 50-50 thing. But if OSU is picked maybe it will lead to the end of chickenshit Saturday in the SEC.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:41 AM   #1956
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Tell that to the Franklin kids at Vandy that are still in jail. He's a POS and exactly what State Penn deserves.

I'll bite, just because at some point you should give it a rest as your constant bashing is getting a tad bit old. We get it, you don't like PSU, nor the BIG

PSU is just fine with Franklin, hence the contract extension, but again your thoughts on the subject matter are simply a refreshing read.

I am curious though, at what point do you think coaches are holding the hands of kids they have on their team at 2:00am when they have been drinking/ doing drugs and are doing stupid shit?

Last edited by muns : 12-03-2017 at 08:41 AM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 08:46 AM   #1957
tarcone
Coordinator

tOSU is in. They are a conference Champ. And, really, they played 10 conference games when you count the championship.

Alabama's schedule isnt any better than tOSU's. So that isnt an argument that can be used.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:08 AM   #1958
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt View Post

1)Clemson
2)Oklahoma
3)Georgia
4).........OSU

Sorry Bama, you dont deserve it and they arent taking 2 teams from the same conference...yet.

Goodnight.

I fully agree.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:33 AM   #1959
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Gonna guess Clemson would much rather play OSU. And that kind of gives you where I’d go with this one.

I think Clemson matches up, much better, with Alabama than Ohio State.
I think they are a pick 'em against either team.

I think USC actually should be more a part of this conversation.

I'm not sure how Ohio State gets in with the Iowa loss, tbh.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:45 AM   #1960
pbot
H.S. Freshman Team

If Ohio State gets in, and I think they will, it's because the Big Ten isn't going to be left out of the playoff entirely - when the Pac12 champ has 2 losses also.

In less than 90 minutes either Saban or Meyer and their associated fanbases are going to be livid. The comittee is going to catch a lot of twitter/media heat either way, so my guess is they won't piss off the B1G.

Last edited by pbot : 12-03-2017 at 09:47 AM. Reason: spelling
pbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 09:47 AM   #1961
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
I'll bite, just because at some point you should give it a rest as your constant bashing is getting a tad bit old. We get it, you don't like PSU, nor the BIG

PSU is just fine with Franklin, hence the contract extension, but again your thoughts on the subject matter are simply a refreshing read.

I am curious though, at what point do you think coaches are holding the hands of kids they have on their team at 2:00am when they have been drinking/ doing drugs and are doing stupid shit?

This is silly, Franklin is a total POS and contributes nicely to the PSU legacy. He does not have to hold the hands of kids at 2am, but he should not participate in the cover up of rape. And I'm a B10 fan.
Old 12-03-2017, 10:57 AM   #1962
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
This is silly, Franklin is a total POS and contributes nicely to the PSU legacy. He does not have to hold the hands of kids at 2am, but he should not participate in the cover up of rape. And I'm a B10 fan.

NO! Pick a side, it is either one or the other.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:23 AM   #1963
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I'm not smart enough to figure this out, so help me. Why is it a lock that Clemson is number 1? Georgia and Clemson have the same number of losses, with Georgia loss being against a way better team and a team they ended up beating the second time. Clemson has a close win against that same team and the win against Miami as their best wins. Georgia also has wins against Notre Dame, and if you compare schedule to schedule they look very similar.

If you compare their schedules they look similar?

Georgia played in the weakest P5 division BY FAR this year.

The end.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #1964
Butter
Coordinator

Committee has consistently said who you play and who you beat is more important than who you lose to.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:38 AM   #1965
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Committee has consistently said who you play and who you beat is more important than who you lose to.

Hard to look past that Iowa game but scheduling Mercer is rewarded.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:40 AM   #1966
hollmt
High School Varsity

Well, there you have it. Bama in.
I'm not at all upset about it. 3 years ago or longer I would have been, but there are more important things to worry about.
OSU will get USC now I imagine and that is just fine.

The committee did just leave out 40% of the power 5 though, which I think they will need to answer to. It is enough that the playoff left out 20% each year plus other possible teams that need rewarded for their seasons. All this really does is speed up the process on adjusting the playoff to something else.

Go Bucks!

Last edited by hollmt : 12-03-2017 at 11:44 AM.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:47 AM   #1967
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
Well, there you have it. Bama in.
I'm not at all upset about it. 3 years ago or longer I would have been, but there are more important things to worry about.
OSU will get USC now I imagine and that is just fine.

The committee did just leave out 40% of the power 5 though, which I think they will need to answer to. It is enough that the playoff left out 20% each year plus other possible teams that need rewarded for their seasons. All this really does is speed up the process on adjusting the playoff to something else.

Go Bucks!

40% of the "Power 5" is arguably worse than the AAC this year. Neither the B1G or Pac 12 belonged in the final 4.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:50 AM   #1968
bronconick
College Starter

It's pretty simple. The committee ultimately rewards being a Power 5 with the fewest losses. Everything else is to fill time on Tuesday evenings on ESPN
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:50 AM   #1969
MrBug708
Head Coach

Too competitively balanaced with a stronger schedule should't be a limiting factor, but Bama probably still deserved it.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:52 AM   #1970
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I'm not too upset Ohio State isn't in. Too inconsistent. I do wonder, though, is this a statement that scheduling a weaker OOC is the way to go? I have seen people say don't punish Alabama for FSU being mediocre, and that's fine, but the fact is FSU was mediocre this year. It's not punishing them. It's just how it is.

Question: If Ohio State played Mercer instead of the Sooners and their only loss was to Iowa.. are they in? Should OSU cancel TCU for Mercer or a similar ranked team?
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:52 AM   #1971
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
40% of the "Power 5" is arguably worse than the AAC this year. Neither the B1G or Pac 12 belonged in the final 4.

Just shut the hell up.

Your consistent harassment/hatred for the BIG and whatever else is old. You have jerked off so much over it and the 15 point loss AT HOME to Oklahoma, that your pecker has had to have fallen off by now. You have stated that no less that 194 times. Your comments are stale and stupid and you need to go stand in the corner like the brat you are.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:57 AM   #1972
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
I'm not too upset Ohio State isn't in. Too inconsistent. I do wonder, though, is this a statement that scheduling a weaker OOC is the way to go? I have seen people say don't punish Alabama for FSU being mediocre, and that's fine, but the fact is FSU was mediocre this year. It's not punishing them. It's just how it is.

Question: If Ohio State played Mercer instead of the Sooners and their only loss was to Iowa.. are they in? Should OSU cancel TCU for Mercer or a similar ranked team?

I don't know if you can take much from this. It matters who you are.

For instance, Wisconsin and UCF are punished for weak SOS. Alabama is not. The message is that Alabama can schedule weak opponents and it's OK. Ohio State probably can too. Other schools, not so much.

What happens on the field doesn't matter.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 11:57 AM   #1973
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:

The end.

The Terrible 14 West was much worse. Wisconsin in the only top 40 team on that side of the conference. The second best team in the west lost to 6th best team in the ACC Coastal by 24.

Using the conference standings (not overall) I'll take Georgia over Wisconsin every time. South Carolina over Northwestern. Kentucky over Purdue. Iowa over Mizzou, but it's close with the way Mizzou played later in the year. Florida over Nebraska. Minnesota over Vandy. Finally, even Tennessee isn't bad enough to lose to Illinois.

That's 2 of 7 for the B1G west and the 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2 aren't close. The SEC East isn't that good, but they're much better than the weak side of the B1G.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:59 AM   #1974
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

And the SEC East is barely above the Sun Belt.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:59 AM   #1975
HerRealName
College Prospect

ESPN completely forgot about Georgia's blowout loss to Auburn during their analysis
Old 12-03-2017, 12:00 PM   #1976
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
It's pretty simple. The committee ultimately rewards being a Power 5 with the fewest losses. Everything else is to fill time on Tuesday evenings on ESPN

Unless you're Wisconsin which had the same number of losses, a tougher schedule, and one more win (2 more over FBS opponents) than Alabama.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:01 PM   #1977
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post

Well, partially. Wisconsin still has just one loss, and that loss came to the #5 team. But their relatively close loss left them w/o a shot in hell. Their loss *should* be considered stronger than Bama's if tOSU was closer to the playoff than Auburn. So at that point it's either that Wisconsin's wins over Iowa and Michigan (Northwestern?) are weaker than Bama's over LSU/MSU. And or well, they're Alabama.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:02 PM   #1978
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Just shut the hell up.

Your consistent harassment/hatred for the BIG and whatever else is old. You have jerked off so much over it and the 15 point loss AT HOME to Oklahoma, that your pecker has had to have fallen off by now. You have stated that no less that 194 times. Your comments are stale and stupid and you need to go stand in the corner like the brat you are.

Really, my reading has been so much more enjoyable since I put him on ignore. I'd recommend it to everyone.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:04 PM   #1979
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I'm not sold on Gus and his lunatic wife.
Maybe best OC in the nation, mediocre HC.

I'll say it again, Mike Leach is the PEFECT fit for Arkansas. I think he'd win an SEC title at least there.

He's never won a title at any stop. I'd put Sumlin ahead of him easily.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:04 PM   #1980
bhlloy
Coordinator

Just seems absurd to me that a team can be rewarded for scheduling as many cupcakes as they possibly can including what is basically a bye late in the season, but Saban knows what he’s doing.

Sucks because it takes away from some of the great nonconference games we see but more and more teams are going to start doing it as it clearly works.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:06 PM   #1981
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
but more and more teams are going to start doing it as it clearly works.

This special scheduling exemption only applies to a handful of schools.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:07 PM   #1982
RainMaker
General Manager

With that said it would be smart for the Big 10 to cut one of their conference games and schedule FCS schools again.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:08 PM   #1983
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
And the SEC East is barely above the Sun Belt.

We will see after the bowls won’t we? A potential national champ plus wins by Mizzou and South Carolina seems like it would be a tad higher than the sun belt but keep biting on the narrative about the SEC east while ignoring the Pac12, Miami’s division, and whatever crap division Wisconsin is in.

Last edited by panerd : 12-03-2017 at 12:11 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:15 PM   #1984
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
I don't know if you can take much from this. It matters who you are.

For instance, Wisconsin and UCF are punished for weak SOS. Alabama is not. The message is that Alabama can schedule weak opponents and it's OK. Ohio State probably can too. Other schools, not so much.

What happens on the field doesn't matter.

This didn't work in favor of Ohio State in 2015. In 2015, OSU was defending national champs with one loss and pretty clearly one of the top two teams. They didn't get the playoff pick in similar circumstances to Alabama this year.

I think it's interesting how Auburn was punished in relation to Alabama by playing the Championship game.

Ohio State was also likely hurt by Gene Smith (the AD) being named to the committee this year.

All in all, no complaints except I freakin' hate chickenshit Saturday. It really needs to be punished instead of reinforced.

Last edited by HerRealName : 12-03-2017 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:18 PM   #1985
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
This didn't work in favor of Ohio State in 2015. In 2015, OSU was defending national champs with one loss and pretty clearly one of the top two teams. They didn't get the playoff pick in similar circumstances to Alabama this year.

I think it's interesting how Auburn was punished in relation to Alabama by playing the Championship game.

Ohio State was also likely hurt by Gene Smith (the AD) being named to the committee this year.

All in all, no complaints except I freakin' hate chickenshit Saturday. It really needs to be punished instead of reinforced.

Not a real fan of Bama here would have rather since UCF actually but how exactly is preseason top five FSU now being spun as playing cupcakes? Who would have predicted that?
Old 12-03-2017, 12:21 PM   #1986
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

UCF OSU
USF PSU
Memphis Wisconsin

Depending on the matchups, I'll take the AAC to win 2 out of 3 about 70% of the time. The conferences this year were pretty easy to shake out.

1a. SEC
1b. Big 12
3. ACC
4/5. Toss-up between AAC and B1G. There's a clear gap between 3 and the ones below. I'd take AAC 4th and B1G 5th, but could see an argument for B1G 4th.
6. Pac-12
Old 12-03-2017, 12:23 PM   #1987
cuervo72
Head Coach

FSU isn't the cupcake, but playing them (or Notre Dame, or whomever) in week 1 rather than week 11 or 12 is a savvy move. It's a lot easier to overcome a loss there than were it to come later. And the cupcake weekend basically ensures nobody in the entire league notches a loss that week.

Last edited by cuervo72 : 12-03-2017 at 12:24 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:24 PM   #1988
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
We will see after the bowls won’t we? A potential national champ plus wins by Mizzou and South Carolina seems like it would be a tad higher than the sun belt but keep biting on the narrative about the SEC east while ignoring the Pac12, Miami’s division, and whatever crap division Wisconsin is in.

It's not narrative, it's based on what happened.

The 2nd best team in the SEC East was South Carolina. A team ranked in the 60's. I mean you're bragging about a Missouri team that lost 35-3 at home to Purdue.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:24 PM   #1989
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Not a real fan of Bama here would have rather since UCF actually but how exactly is preseason top five FSU now being spun as playing cupcakes? Who would have predicted that?

I'm not spinning anything. I'm talking about most of the SEC playing FCS teams on week 11 or 12 instead of a 9th conference game.

Last edited by HerRealName : 12-03-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:26 PM   #1990
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

That was FSU with Francois. It has to be weighted differently.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:27 PM   #1991
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
UCF OSU
USF PSU
Memphis Wisconsin

Depending on the matchups, I'll take the AAC to win 2 out of 3 about 70% of the time. The conferences this year were pretty easy to shake out.

1a. SEC
1b. Big 12
3. ACC
4/5. Toss-up between AAC and B1G. There's a clear gap between 3 and the ones below. I'd take AAC 4th and B1G 5th, but could see an argument for B1G 4th.
6. Pac-12

LOL

Big 10 has 3 of the top 6 teams in S&P+. They're easily the 2nd best conference in football.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:35 PM   #1992
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Quote:
LOL

Big 10 has 3 of the top 6 teams in S&P+. They're easily the 2nd best conference in football.

LOL, they hardly played anyone and lost when they did.

Wisconsin played 1 good team all year and lost. OSU played 1 good team OOC and lost by 15 at home. PSU played nobody (Akron, Pitt, GA State in OOC) and lost 2 games. Michigan State finished with the 4th best record in the conference and lost the only good OOC game they played by 20. Northwestern had the 5th best record and lost by 24 to Duke. Michigan finished 8-4 and literally didn't beat a team that finished with a record over .500. You have to get to Iowa before you get a win OOC that's any good.

I'll take what actually happened on the field as the metric for measuring conferences.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:38 PM   #1993
bob
College Starter

Ultimately college football is a pageant, similar to figure skating. It's not a sport until winning all your games allows you to compete for a championship.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 12:39 PM   #1994
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
LOL, they hardly played anyone and lost when they did.

Wisconsin played 1 good team all year and lost. OSU played 1 good team OOC and lost by 15 at home. PSU played nobody (Akron, Pitt, GA State in OOC) and lost 2 games. Michigan State finished with the 4th best record in the conference and lost the only good OOC game they played by 20. Northwestern had the 5th best record and lost by 24 to Duke. Michigan finished 8-4 and literally didn't beat a team that finished with a record over .500. You have to get to Iowa before you get a win OOC that's any good.

I'll take what actually happened on the field as the metric for measuring conferences.

Big 10 was 31-10 OOC. SEC was 45-10 but that includes all the FCS cupcakes. So they had identical OOC records when you toss out FCS and the SEC SOS OOC was only slightly better than the Big 10.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:46 PM   #1995
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It's not narrative, it's based on what happened.

The 2nd best team in the SEC East was South Carolina. A team ranked in the 60's. I mean you're bragging about a Missouri team that lost 35-3 at home to Purdue.

See you are doing exactly what everyone does to bag on the SEC East. You take the end of the season to say Vandy and South Carolina suck (ignoring wins over NC State and K State because they are early season and saying a South Carolina loss to Clemson means they suck but Miami is still deserving of top 12 status after the same ass kicking) then for Mizzou you ignore the 6 game win streak and instead choose to go to the beginning on the season. Plus they all have a loss to potential national champ Georgia.

My claim has never been they are Ohio States division or the SEC West but give me a break on the Sun Belt shit. The PAC 12, ACC Miami division, Big 10 Wisconsin division, and Big 12 minus their top three teams (put them in two divisions and one really sucks) all are equivalent possibly worse.

Last edited by panerd : 12-03-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #1996
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
See you are doing exactly what everyone does to bag on the SEC East. You take the end of the season to say Vandy and South Carolina suck (ignoring wins over NC State and K State because they are early season and saying a South Carolina loss to Clemson means they suck but Miami is still deserving of top 12 status after the same ass kicking) then for Mizzou you ignore the 6 game win streak and instead choose to go to the beginning on the season. Plus they all have a loss to potential national champ Georgia.

My claim has never been they are Ohio States division or the SEC West but give me a break on the Sun Belt shit. The PAC 12, ACC Miami division, Big 10 Wisconsin division, and Big 12 minus their top three teams (put them in two divisions and one really sucks) all are equivalent possibly worse.

Missouri's 6-game win streak didn't include a single team in the top 80. Any team with a pulse pounded them.

Like I'm not pulling the Sun Belt stuff out of my ass. After Georgia, that division is ranked right around where the Sun Belt is.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:02 PM   #1997
Edward64
Head Coach

Alabama it is.

Clemson vs Alabama
OU vs GA
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2017, 01:06 PM   #1998
GrantDawg

Quote:

The end.

But they played Notre Dame, Mississippi St., and Auburn on top of their conference schedule. The SOS between Clemson and UGA was only a .1 difference. And Georgia didn't lose to a team that only had one other conference win.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:16 PM   #1999
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post

Auburn wasn't punished. If they won, they'd been in. If there was not a SEC championship game, Auburn couldn't have made it on the two losses they already had. I don't think Alabama should have made it (really, it should have been UCF which had no shot), but Auburn won their way back into conversation, but could have only made it with one more win.
Old 12-03-2017, 01:17 PM   #2000
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
They say that, and then they put in Alabama ahead of Ohio State so...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote