Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-30-2010, 12:29 AM   #1951
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Joe Rogan knows his shit. He sees way more than he is capable of even saying in the timing of the broadcast. Easily the most enjoyable commentator around.

Thought it was funny how they both mised Edgar's nose though. He was bleeding between the 4th and 5th round but they didn't mention it until about a minute into the 5th as if it just had started. (nothing major, it just amused me for some reason)

Never saw what caused it though, maybe one of the guys from his corner punched him between rounds...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:09 AM   #1952
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Joe Rogan knows his shit. He sees way more than he is capable of even saying in the timing of the broadcast. Easily the most enjoyable commentator around.

Ya, I think his commentary is great and directed towards explaining the sport to noobs, which is exactly what a growing sport needs. Something as simple as explaining the last few seconds of the Lesnar/Carwin fight - how Carwin was fine as long as he could keep his elbow pressed out giving himself a little room to breath in that choke hold. Seconds later, Lesnar just turns a little, and completely cuts off that survial crutch - fight over.

Last edited by molson : 08-30-2010 at 10:09 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #1953
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Rogan is great and undervalued in term of commentators. His only problem is that he has too few go-to phrases for the ending of a good fight. JOE ROGAN IS NO JOKE! JOE ROGAN CAN BANG! THAT IS THE CRAZIEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:27 PM   #1954
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:

+1, Can't fight the internet.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:51 AM   #1955
DeToxRox
Head Coach

UFC is officially back in Michigan.

November 20th, UFC 123 with Rampage vs Machida confirmed as the headliner at the Palace.

Can't wait to go.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:23 PM   #1956
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
UFC is officially back in Michigan.

November 20th, UFC 123 with Rampage vs Machida confirmed as the headliner at the Palace.

Can't wait to go.

Yeah. That is going to rock.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #1957
PilotMan
Head Coach

Anyone catch the highlights from Bellator? Soto v. Warren?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:40 PM   #1958
BYU 14
Coordinator

Warren is one tough SOB...
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #1959
saldana
Pro Starter

soto got f'n cocky...deserved to get wrecked.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #1960
PilotMan
Head Coach

Well, I for one, hope they get to do it again. I think that Soto has the skills to beat him. There is no way that Schmelenko takes out Lombard. I think that Hess would have schooled him had his knee just not totally torn to shreds.

Like Steam?

Old 09-13-2010, 05:41 PM   #1961
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

See that Josh Barnett signed with Strikeforce.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #1962
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Chael Sonnen failed his 117 drug test and looks like he is going to get a year suspension.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 11:52 AM   #1963
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Chael Sonnen failed his 117 drug test and looks like he is going to get a year suspension.

bummer.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:22 PM   #1964
PilotMan
Head Coach

Wow, I guess it's a good thing that he didn't win the fight then, huh?

Like Steam?

Old 09-25-2010, 11:49 PM   #1965
PilotMan
Head Coach

No matter the ending, that was still a terrible fight, and a really poor show overall. Evan Dunham got robbed.

Like Steam?

Old 09-26-2010, 01:46 AM   #1967
Recoil
High School Varsity

Truly bad card. The buy rate on this one has to be pretty low.
Recoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 02:56 PM   #1968
PilotMan
Head Coach

The reason that I had round 2 to Dunham was not that he was doing that much, he finished that round really strong, but in my opinion, he didn't let Serra do anything at all that he wanted. His positioning and defense scored better for me than Sherk's pressing against the cage and constant takedown attempts, none of which he got.

Like Steam?

Old 09-26-2010, 05:19 PM   #1969
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
Mir is trash at this point. No viable reason to even have him around other than his mouth to sell fights.

Last edited by sovereignstar : 09-26-2010 at 05:20 PM.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #1970
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Mir is trash at this point. No viable reason to even have him around other than his mouth to sell fights.

It's more like Cro-Cop is trash at this point. I have been saying this since he came back. He sucks, he doesn't have it at all. Pat Barry should have finished him, but he let him up, because I don't think that he had any intention of beating him. A strong flurry and he would have finished it. Dos Santos killed him, the other guy he beat by eye poke. Mir just didn't want to get hit, and certainly didn't fear his takedowns. I think that it was just a terrible setup all the way around. I think that you put Mir in against any other second tier fighter, and he probably comes away with the win, but I don't think he can beat any of the top 4.

Like Steam?

Old 09-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #1971
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's more like Cro-Cop is trash at this point. I have been saying this since he came back. He sucks, he doesn't have it at all. Pat Barry should have finished him, but he let him up, because I don't think that he had any intention of beating him. A strong flurry and he would have finished it. Dos Santos killed him, the other guy he beat by eye poke. Mir just didn't want to get hit, and certainly didn't fear his takedowns. I think that it was just a terrible setup all the way around. I think that you put Mir in against any other second tier fighter, and he probably comes away with the win, but I don't think he can beat any of the top 4.

In all fairness Barry did break his hand and his foot in that fight, so that could explain some of the 'letting him off the hook'

But yes, it was an underwhelming card, although I didn't disagree with the decisions at all (a couple I guess could have realistically gone either way, but there were no shockers IMO)
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:37 PM   #1972
PilotMan
Head Coach

I don't even need to say who. He is just a studly badass.

Like Steam?

Old 10-01-2010, 01:50 AM   #1974
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If anyone is interested, I am starting an MMA themed game int the werewolf subforum. It is not a werewolf game by any stretch of the imagination but more of a game based off TUF.

It may lead to an interactive dynasty if it is received well. We have 8 open slots remaining.

TUF - The WW Edition - Front Office Football Central
Old 10-04-2010, 12:54 AM   #1975
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
If anyone is interested, I am starting an MMA themed game int the werewolf subforum. It is not a werewolf game by any stretch of the imagination but more of a game based off TUF.

It may lead to an interactive dynasty if it is received well. We have 8 open slots remaining.

TUF - The WW Edition - Front Office Football Central

Yeah, this might be a WW thing, but I think any MMA fan should check this out. EF put a ton of thought into this, and I think has a lot of potential to be pretty damn cool. I would love to see some more participation there for this.

Check it out at least, if you haven't followed the link.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #1976
AlexB
Pro Starter

Randy Couture has just been on the BBC light entertainment magazine show 'The One Show' for all of 30 seconds, breaking chocolate. Next week Pele plays blow football
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 06:10 PM   #1978
PilotMan
Head Coach

I am almost losing sleep in anticipation over this weekend's card.

Like Steam?

Old 10-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #1979
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Actually hoping that the Yankees win tonight so the Phillies game will be early and I can watch the fight tomorrow night.

Oh, and in the mean time I found some reading material...

hxxp://punch.ocregister.com/2010/10/13/ufc-octagon-girl-arianny-celeste-graces-playboy-cover/12920/
Old 10-22-2010, 12:21 PM   #1980
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
I am almost losing sleep in anticipation over this weekend's card.

I am too, but it is our wedding anniversary, so I will be watching it Sunday morning as I am still a good husband

Just have to stay away from spoilers!!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #1982
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The countdown begins.... Should be a great fight. Kind of hoping that Cain wins, to give the Brock fanboy a little humility.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:39 PM   #1983
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I have mixed feelings about Brock. On the surface I always want him to lose, but I think deep down I know his greatest value is as the unstoppable villain who holds onto the belt until eternity, turning all opposition into paste.
Old 10-23-2010, 02:44 PM   #1984
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I have mixed feelings about Brock. On the surface I always want him to lose, but I think deep down I know his greatest value is as the unstoppable villain who holds onto the belt until eternity, turning all opposition into paste.

I feel pretty much the same way.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #1985
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post

I'm torn on him to be honest. Hated all the hype as the start of his career and the WWE style crap he brought early on trying to be the villain.

I gained a lot of respect for him when he came back from his health problems and he seemed to be a little different at that point. Still cocky but seems to have let go of his WWE villain role that he brought with him initially.

What still gets under my skin are the fanboys that he has. The ones that won't give his opponents any credit.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:09 PM   #1987
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
As much as I like Brock I think it may be best for him long term to take a loss at this point. Carwin damn near brought it to him and if Cain gets him down I doubt we see him gas like Shane did.

Agreed with the idea that Brock seems to be moving from arrogant/cocky down to more of just a confidence. With a guy so naturally gifted, who accomplishes all he has while always being told he's the greatest, the illness, nearly getting knocked out, and maybe even losing to someone who isn't a complete douchebag like Mir can all be good things if he handles it properly.

For those who didn't see it he was on Rome is Burning this week. Rome brought up statements that Chael Sonnen made about Brock. Brock response was, "I don't know who he is. Is he a fighter? I'm serious. Seriously." I'm not sure how legit that was but it seemed like the right way to deal with someone trying to stay relevant during a 1 year drug suspension.

Hopefully it's not the case but I would hae to say of all the fighters out there Brock is one that would not surprise me if he ends up testing positive for steroids at some point.

I know that's not fair to the guy but he is just so freakishly massive that it would not surprise many if he were actually using.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:13 PM   #1988
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Might be a stupid question, so sue me if it is.

I am working tonight, but thinking of buying tonight's fights.

Am I able to DVR it, or is there some chip or some stupid crap in there that won't let me?

Thanks!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:16 PM   #1990
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Might be a stupid question, so sue me if it is.

I am working tonight, but thinking of buying tonight's fights.

Am I able to DVR it, or is there some chip or some stupid crap in there that won't let me?

Thanks!

Not sure what provider you have but I have been able to DVR a couple events in the past that I had purchased.

The other option would be to purchase it later on On Demand.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:17 PM   #1991
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He's actually slimmed down enough that I think he might not be (anymore). He used to walk around in the 285-290+ range and now he's down to 270. He even made weight by a full pound.

I assume by your addition of anymore that you wouldn't be surprised if it did come out at some point that he is (or was).
Old 10-23-2010, 03:21 PM   #1992
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Not sure what provider you have but I have been able to DVR a couple events in the past that I had purchased.

The other option would be to purchase it later on On Demand.

I have Time Warner. I am sure if you can do it one place, you can probably do it most anyplace. My fear was Dana White might have had some power trip when negotiating UFC rights and made the companies include some sort of signal in the shows that made them so they weren't copyable. Thanks!

Old 10-23-2010, 03:28 PM   #1994
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd be stunned if he wasn't in WWE and maybe his fight before UFC. After that he seemed just massive more than massive and cut and after the sickness (and changed diet) he just seems like a big, athletic freak.

There is definitely a change in his appearance since his illness. He is still massive but before it was more like "are you serious, that's an actual human?"
Old 10-23-2010, 05:24 PM   #1997
PilotMan
Head Coach

I tell you why I am such a huge Brock fan. The Dakota's have their sports stars, but they are few and far between. Here's a guy, a family man, who comes from the same are I do. He is a farm boy, a father, a workhorse. He's a larger than life persona. He has overcome a career threatening illness. I want him to succeed for a long, long time.

Like Steam?

Old 10-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #1998
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Glad to see the Hammer take down Tito. Tito may not be his former self but man he still can get the crowd riled up. Was very respectful at the end of the fight.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 10:13 PM   #1999
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Brock's illness was a result of what he was taking in my opinion. I'd bet a cocktail of some synthetic steroid (testosterne), growth hormone, and IGF...
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #2000
Dutch
"Dutch"

I gotta agree with Joe....Kampman could've beat up Shields if he didn't just go for those damn chokes. Shields was finished in the 3rd round...and still won the fight!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote