Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2008, 01:14 AM   #1951
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

OOC MESSAGE FROM VISION

Folks, earlier today (Thursday) my wife and I found out about a very sudden and wholly unexpected death in her immediate family. I was able to fire off a very sparse and uninformative PM to hoops and Tyrith, but had no time to explain it here.

I do expect to have some time to participate with the game, it just will be touch and go for a few days perhaps. I take seriously the investment that the community puts into games like this which I enjoy so much, so I will do my best to live up to my own commitment to you.

Just understand (and, really, I know that you do) that this game must take a backseat for a while; my wife and family are hurting and need me more than you.

So, carry on, and I'll be in to contribute as best as I can.

Thanks in advance, because I know how FOFC pulls together in the bad times.

Yours,
The FOFC Poster Currently Known as Vision

PS I'll be watching for the first one of you bastitches that says "Hmm Vision has been quiet, that's suspicious"!!!
Vision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:21 AM   #1952
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Folks, earlier today (Thursday) my wife and I found out about a very sudden and wholly unexpected death in her immediate family. I was able to fire off a very sparse and uninformative PM to hoops and Tyrith, but had no time to explain it here.

I do expect to have some time to participate with the game, it just will be touch and go for a few days perhaps. I take seriously the investment that the community puts into games like this which I enjoy so much, so I will do my best to live up to my own commitment to you.

Just understand (and, really, I know that you do) that this game must take a backseat for a while; my wife and family are hurting and need me more than you.

Yours,

PS I'll be watching for the first one of you bastitches that says "Hmm Vision has been quiet, that's suspicious"!!!

Don't worry, I've been looking for an excuse to blow up something from the mod chair, I've got your back.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:22 AM   #1953
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
HULK'S CHILDHOOD DESTROYED!!!!

[ooc - I'm sorry this completely cracks me up. Probably the biggest laugh I've had playing werewolf ]
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:25 AM   #1954
EmmaFrost
Mascot

[ooc]Ouch! Should always read to the end of the thread before posting. Incredibly bad timing on my part. You shouldn't worry about a game when something like this happens. Take all the time you need.
Old 10-10-2008, 01:40 AM   #1955
IronFist
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The rule under Doom - meet the new boss, same as the old boss? Opinions differ amongst the subjects, as Doom and his new Prelates initiate a flurry of activity. However, as the day comes to a close, it is Nightcrawler who draws the most suspicion.

"Something is amiss with Nightcrawler" says Firebird, and the rout is on. Nearly half of the heroes decide that this is all the evidence they require to unearth a traitor. After a few protestations of innocence, Nightcrawler begins to teleport rapidly, avoiding attacks from Firebird, Quicksilver, and GhostRider. However, he is eventually felled by the punch from the rubbery Mr. Fantastic. He gasps, spits up blood, and utters his final words.

"Sorry ... (cough) ... (indecipherable) -king"

The other monumentous event is the eruption of the being now known as the SuperSkrull in front of Kang the Conqueror. The torrent of white-hot flame immediately melts through his defenses and leaves the future warlord howling in agony. Eventually the flames die down, leaving him very badly burned ... in a great deal of pain ... but still alive.

Scarlet Witch draws the ire of Doom, SilverSurfer, and Beast near the end of the day. Her hex defenses are enough to stave off Doom, but the Surfer and Beast lay into her and knock her unconscious. Mimic and Magneto intercede on her behalf, asking that she be spared to help save the world in the coming days. It is clear that she is not trusted, but she lives into the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
I think someone with a different skillset than I have might have to figure out what Nightcrawler was saying. (ooc: read I have no idea about most of the characters so no idea who would or might be a king or call himself a king or acted like a king or whatever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Note that he spoke "-king" so he may not have been referring to a king, but rather saying smoking, faking, etc.

MY guess was perhaps the traitors were attempting to convert Nightcrawler to their side? Or some new faction.

Doom wonders also if there are clues in the means of night kills. I believe Strange was liquefied, and Apocalypse was killed in an explosion? Could this mean anything or just be flavor text?

Is it possible he is referring to the Shadow King? It is from the age of apocalypse. The Shadow King telepathically probed peoples minds and was known to possess the minds of people. One thing about the Shadow King, he jumped from person to person.

In the storyline, Nightcrawler actually came up with the plan to stop the Shadow King.

Here is a link:

Shadow King (Age of Apocalypse) - Marvel Universe: The definitive online source for Marvel super hero bios.
IronFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 03:03 AM   #1956
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Day 3 Damage Results:

Nightcrawler - 21 (Firebird, QuickSilver, Ghost Rider, Emma Frost, Mr Fantastic, Cable, Hulk, Henry Pym, Mimic, Magneto, Punisher)
Kang the Conqueror - 10 (Human Torch-Special)
Scarlet Witch - 8 (Beast, Dr Doom, Silver Surfer) +3
Spiderman - 5 (Prof X, IronFist, Kang, Jean Grey, Colossus) -2
Beast - 3 (Scarlet Witch, DESTROYER)
Jean Grey - 1 (Nick Fury)
Mimic - 1 (Vision)
Punisher - 1 (Silver Samurai)
Silver Samurai - 1 (Aardwolf)

No Attack: Spider-Man, Nightcrawler

Day 2 Damage Report:

Gambit: 17 (Kang, Vision, Jean Grey, Dr Doom, Human Torch, Nightcrawler, Hulk, Henry Pym, Apocalypse, Beast)
Spider-Man: 8 (Magneto, Cable, Punisher, IronFist, Firebird, Prof X) +2
Colossus: 6 (Silver Samurai, Ghost Rider, Nick Fury, Mr Fantastic)
Aardwolf: 3 (Quicksilver, Mimic)
SilverSamurai: 3 (Aardwolf, Emma Frost)
Scarlet Witch: 2 (Silver Surfer)
Hulk: 1 (Gambit)
Silver Surfer: 1 (Scarlet Witch)

No Attack: Colossus, Spider-Man.

Day 1 Damage Report:

IronFist - 10 (Jean Grey, Kang, Ghost Rider, Cable, Vision, Nightcrawler, Beast, Prof X)
HumanTorch - 7 (Colossus, Silver Samurai)
DrDoom - 5 (Mr Fantastic, Nick Fury, Human Torch, Firebird, IronFist)
Apocalypse - 4 (Hulk)
Spider-Man - 3 (Punisher) +2
Colossus - 2 ( )
JeanGrey - 2 (QuickSilver)
Vision - 2 (Emma Frost)
Hulk - 2 (Apocalypse)
SilverSamurai - 2 (Silver Surfer)
Gambit - 2 (Henry Pym)
Magneto - 1 (Scarlet Witch)
EmmaFrost - 1 (Aardwolf)
NickFury - 1 (Magneto)
Jewel - 1 (Mimic)
Punisher - 1 (SpiderMan)

No Attack - Dr Doom, Dr Strange, Jewel, Gambit

1 point standard attack
2 point standard attack
3 point standard attack
4 point standard attack

This is my current reading. I regret that I do not have time to thoroughly check through every claim on the matter. I shall endeavour to do so later.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:57 AM   #1957
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I fear that the task of compiling this list is beyond even my not-inconsiderate intellect, especially when the likes of team membership must be considered. I can see several faults in the above list already. Things would be made easier if everyone stated their base attack and how much damage they attempted to deal out every day. I am aware that I have probably missed out people who have already stated how they attacked or how much damage they normally inflict but you'll forgive me for not wanting to search through again. I shall attempt to keep this list updated.

1. Nightcrawler - Base 1, presumed attack at base day one and two
2. Emma Frost - Base 2, attacked at base every day.
3. Ghost Rider -
4. Hulk - Base 4,
5. Apocalypse - Base 2, presumed attack at base day one and two
6. Silver Surfer - Base 2,
7. Colossus - Base 2, attacked for 6 day one, Base attack day 3
8. Jean Grey - Base 1
9. Professor X - Base 1
10. Mr. Fantastic - Base 1
11. Iron Fist
12. Mimic - Base 1
13. Henry Pym - Base 2
14. Vision - Base 1, attacked at base every day
15. Kang the Conqueror - Base 2
16. Beast - Base 1
17. Dr. Doom -
18. Cable -
19. Firebird -
21. Quicksilver - Base 2
22. Aardwolf - Base 1, attacked at base every day
23. Nick Fury - Base 1
25. Spider Man - Base 1, attacked at base day 1

26. Magneto - Base 1
27. Punisher - Base 1, attacked at 3 day one,
28. SuperSkrull (aka Human Torch) - Base 1, presumed attack at base day one and two
30. Scarlet Witch - Base 1
31. Silver Samurai - Base 1

You should not feel that you have to reply to my directives just because I am the second prelate.

Oh, silly me. That came out wrong. You should feel that you have to reply to my directives because I am the second prelate. Unless you are Dr Doom or Mr Fantastic, of course.

Thank you, in advance, for your co-operation.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:07 AM   #1958
EmmaFrost
Mascot

On to the attacks on Spider-Man. It is fair to say that if you removed the attack by Kang and left in the attack by Mimic that his day three assailants currently read as a who's who of my current major suspects. I would be astounded if at least one of his assailants didn't prove themselves to be treachorous. To my mind this goes a long way towards proving Parker's loyalty. We all might question his devotion to that loyalty but I do not believe non-participation is as big a crime as treachery.

I also concur with Mr Fantastic's assessment that the attacks on Spiderman are suggestive of traitors attempting to achieve two loyalist kills on one day. I would request that people desist from their persecution of Spiderman and turn their attention to other, more suitable, targets.

I also find it noteworthy that, if we do assume Spiderman's loyalty, Ironfist has consistently attacked known loyalist every day. I would be interested in hearing Ironfist's response to the revelation that there was already an anti-herald faction in our midsts. Is it supposition that there are two independent factions in our ranks arrayed against Galactus?
Old 10-10-2008, 05:46 AM   #1959
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:

Yours,

Even androids have lives outside of Werewolf. Seriously though, my condolences to your wife and her family. Unfortunately, sometimes the only thing that will help is time.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 05:57 AM   #1960
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
The forces of Doom are giddy after defeating Galactus' toy, the Destroyer. Surely the master would not be far behind? Hmm, Galactus was not going to fall on this day. He actively defended himself, erecting a force wall that slowed the progress of the heroes. From there, and army of small, mosquito-like metal objects flew at the characters, biting into their flesh. EmmaFrost evaded the creatures and transforms into a diamond warrior, lashing out at the head of the cosmic being. The Beast attempts to duplicate his "Sentinel" attack, but it is considerably less success. The rest of the team - SilverSurfer, Quicksilver, IronFist, and HenryPym - never even reach the giant. After a couple of minutes of futility, the attackers are teleported back to earth.

I have a very strong feeling that the results shown are based on the amount of energy expended by the participants, or possibly on whether the person has already attacked Galactus. I invested a large quantity of energy into the attack, thus I succeded in penetrating through to the Destroyer of Worlds. Perhaps others would be willing to reveal how much effort they placed into the assault.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:01 AM   #1961
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Note that he spoke "-king" so he may not have been referring to a king, but rather saying smoking, faking, etc.

MY guess was perhaps the traitors were attempting to convert Nightcrawler to their side? Or some new faction.

Doom wonders also if there are clues in the means of night kills. I believe Strange was liquefied, and Apocalypse was killed in an explosion? Could this mean anything or just be flavor text?
Good points. I agree with Richards as far as the sample size. I hadn't examined the night kills. I don't think that they're flavor text at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
Is it possible he is referring to the Shadow King? It is from the age of apocalypse. The Shadow King telepathically probed peoples minds and was known to possess the minds of people. One thing about the Shadow King, he jumped from person to person.

In the storyline, Nightcrawler actually came up with the plan to stop the Shadow King.

Here is a link:

Shadow King (Age of Apocalypse) - Marvel Universe: The definitive online source for Marvel super hero bios.
It could be the Shadow King, but I"m not sure if that's just coincidence with Nightcrawler. Could it have been that the player that is the Shadow King had to control Nightcrawler? Or maybe the Shadow King read the history and knew Nightcrawler was his weakness?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
On to the attacks on Spider-Man. It is fair to say that if you removed the attack by Kang and left in the attack by Mimic that his day three assailants currently read as a who's who of my current major suspects. I would be astounded if at least one of his assailants didn't prove themselves to be treachorous. To my mind this goes a long way towards proving Parker's loyalty. We all might question his devotion to that loyalty but I do not believe non-participation is as big a crime as treachery.
The problem with looking at the people (myself included) who committed attacks on Spidey are below:
Quote:
D3 votes:
Destroyer struck Beast
Post #1316 - Firebird attacks Nightcrawler
Post #1322 - Quicksilver attacks Nightcrawler
Post #1327 - GhostRider attacks Nightcrawler
Post #1466 - HumanTorch NOVA BLAST Kang
Post #1575 - Punisher attacks Nightcrawler
Post #1637 - EmmaFrost attacks Nightcrawler
Post #1661 - Vision attacks Mimic, activates defense
Post #1670 - Cable attacks Mimic
Post #1679 - Punisher revoked attack on Nightcrawler, attacks Mimic
Post #1724 - Aardwolf attack SilverSamurai
Post #1738 - Mr.Fantastic attacks Nightcrawler
Post #1741 - ProfX attacks Spider-Man
Post #1745 - Cable cancels attack on Mimic, attacks Nightcrawler
Post #1746 - Kang attacks Colossus
Post #1757 - Punisher cancels attack on Mimic, Grenade Nightcrawler + SilverSamurai (invalid, already used "special")
Post #1767 - Mimic attacks Spider-Man
Post #1770 - IronFist attacks Spider-Man
Post #1780 - Magneto revokes attack on Colossus, attacks Spider-Man
Post #1787 - Kang revokes attack on Colossus, attacks Spider-Man
Post #1800 - NickFury attacks JeanGrey
Post #1801 - JeanGrey attacks Spider-Man
Post #1807 - Hulk attacks Nightcrawler
Post #1813 - HenryPym attacks Nightcrawler
Post #1822 - Beast attacks Scarlet Witch
Post #1826 - DrDoom attacks Scarlet Witch (physical)
Post #1827 - Scarlet Witch attacks Beast
Post #1840 - SilverSamurai attacks Punisher

Not attacked: Nightcrawler, SilverSurfer, Colossus, Spider-Man, Punisher
The ones who did were (in order): Prof X, Mimic, IronFist, Magneto, Kang.

1. Prof X, Magneto and I all used base attacks. Hardly something that would kill the wall crawler.
2. In the sliding scale of innocence, I'd look at the ones who attacked later than earlier.

I really don't see how you could accuse Prof X of trying to kill Spidey when he did a base attack and he was the first attack.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:06 AM   #1962
Mimic
High School JV

Second part of your post:
Quote:
I also concur with Mr Fantastic's assessment that the attacks on Spiderman are suggestive of traitors attempting to achieve two loyalist kills on one day. I would request that people desist from their persecution of Spiderman and turn their attention to other, more suitable, targets.

I also find it noteworthy that, if we do assume Spiderman's loyalty, Ironfist has consistently attacked known loyalist every day. I would be interested in hearing Ironfist's response to the revelation that there was already an anti-herald faction in our midsts. Is it supposition that there are two independent factions in our ranks arrayed against Galactus?
I find it funny that people jumped all over me for stating that Magneto was the most cleared of us at the time (again, I did not say he was cleared), yet now we have assumptions that Spidey is cleared.

Based on the coloring in the first (maybe second?) post of the thread of names, there are definitely more than two independent factions in our ranks arrayed against Galactus. There are the Earthbound ones and then there was the Skrull. Whether there were others on the Torch's team or not, we don't know. At this point I believe we have at least:

1. Loyalists
2. Rebels/Traitors
3. Herald (Galactus must eat the planet)

4. Perhaps the Shadow King?
Old 10-10-2008, 06:11 AM   #1963
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
Base (1ep) attack Spider man

Doh, missed this one. I didn't find where Jean Grey attacked spidey.

Must go running. Be back in a bit.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:19 AM   #1964
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I think there is a difference between clearing someone baed on an act of self-preservation and the evidence that someone finds themselves under attack from, on day three, some of the most people under suspicion at the moment.

Since you mention Magneto I remember Jean Grey mentioned that he should be regarded as cleared during private team talks. A co-incidence?

With regards to Ironfist consultation of my notes do indicate that I have been overly harsh on him. He did not claim that his mission was to stop Galactus, just that his powers of mediation allowed him to slow the Planet Eaters' progress. He did mention that there was another faction opposed to him. Does he believe that this faction were the Skrulls or the herald (at last count that makes - Loyalists, Rebels, Skrull, Herald, Ironfist)
Old 10-10-2008, 06:25 AM   #1965
Beast
n00b

I remain distressed at the situation with the Scarlet Witch. She asserts that she is more effective when large amounts of energy are expended, which is why she did not take action to assist the Galactus Mission of yesterday.

What is missing from this argument is any effort on her part to determine how much energy was being put forth my the mission participants.

How did she know that there would not be sufficient energy to trigger her affect on the mission? I know that I expended 3 points, and was able to reach my objective. How did the Witch know that Pym, Surfer, Quick and whoever the 4th failure was were not investing a significant amount of their power.

I find it logical at this point to conclude that one of those who did not even reach Galactus is a traitor, and is also in colusion with the Scarlet Witch.

Magneto, I encourage you to contemplate this with your mind, instead of with your emotions. Your continued attempts to alter the fate of your daughter are, I believe, misplaced. Should that be proven, it will relflect on you in two possible manners. First, that you were in collusion with her, or second, that you have your own victory condition that involves having your entire family alive at the end of the game. Either way, you are working towards your own interests, and not those of our Lord Doom.

Standard Attack Scarlet Witch
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:30 AM   #1966
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good morning, all. This moderator has overslept, but will now begin processing results. I'm hoping to finish them before dropping the kid off.

Be ready for another exciting day to close out the week.

I'm assuming weekend play is out with this many people still in the mix. However, I have thought about putting out a Mission over the weekend for those who are able to participate. If people have thoughts, for or against, let us know.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:40 AM   #1967
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
GI really don't see how you could accuse Prof X of trying to kill Spidey when he did a base attack and he was the first attack.

For the little it is worth Charles is probably the one I suspect the least. However I am willing to wager that he has accumulated a large quantity of power during his 3 days of inaction. I await to see how he deploys this power with interest.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:42 AM   #1968
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Beast, you are far too hasty. Let today unfold before making up your mind -- I suspect you will realize your mistake before today is over.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:45 AM   #1969
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
How did she know that there would not be sufficient energy to trigger her affect on the mission? I know that I expended 3 points, and was able to reach my objective. How did the Witch know that Pym, Surfer, Quick and whoever the 4th failure was were not investing a significant amount of their power.

Also note that I never claimed to know that there would not be sufficient energy. I made a decision based on the number of "Heroes" who went on the mission.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:45 AM   #1970
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Special Actions participated in.

2. Emma Frost - Mission, Guard, Galactus
3. Ghost Rider - Galactus, Guard, Mission,
4. Hulk - Unknown, Galactus, Mission
6. Silver Surfer - Galactus, Galactus, Galactus
7. Colossus - Mission, Galactus, Guard
8. Jean Grey - Mission, Galactus, Guard
9. Professor X - Unknown, Unknown, Guard
10. Mr. Fantastic - Galactus, Unknown, Unknown
11. Iron Fist - Unknown, Guard, Galactus
12. Mimic - Unknown, Unknown, Mission
13. Henry Pym - Unknown, Mission, Galactus
14. Vision - Galactus, Mission, Mission
15. Kang the Conqueror - Galactus, Unknown, Mission
16. Beast - Mission, Mission, Galactus
17. Dr. Doom - Unknown, Displace Apocalypse, Unknown
18. Cable - Unknown, Mission, Guard
19. Firebird - Mission, Mission, Unknown
21. Quicksilver - Mission, Mission, Unknown
22. Aardwolf - Unknown, Mission, Guard
23. Nick Fury - Unknown, Guard, Unknown
25. Spider Man - Galactus, Unknown, Unknown
26. Magneto - Mission, Mission, Mission,
27. Punisher - Unknown, Mission, Mission,
30. Scarlet Witch - Unknown, Special Attack, Unknown
31. Silver Samurai - Unknown, Mission, Unknown
Old 10-10-2008, 06:49 AM   #1971
EmmaFrost
Mascot

It would seem my list is, once again, incorrect. QuickSilver was on the Galactus mission yesterday. Although I barely noticed his presence. Anyone else should feel free to correct me. I know that Mr Richards invented his null-energy device yesterday, which was probably his special action - but we have no independent evidence that this is the case.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:49 AM   #1972
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
This has nothing to do with how much you did to help, Witch. It has to do with your blatant refusal to help, or to commit to helping, or to explain why you cannot help. Your vague promises of maybe helping possibly leave you every bit of wiggle room that a traitor might want. Doom needs no servants who wish to do their own thing without consultation. Your words say the right thing, but at the wrong time. Before the deadline is the time to explain that you do not have the energy to expend.

While I am debunking lies about me, I'll go back to this. I never at any time said that I do not have the energy to expend -- I said that I was saving energy. Why? Because I didn't think it was right to waste it on what I deemed would be a failed mission, even with my help. Not to mention, it has been confirmed by Mimic, who I know everyone has tons of trust in, that we are working together on a scheme to destroy Galactus. This scheme requires me to save energy, rather than pissing it away on a mission to ding him up a little.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:51 AM   #1973
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:

Yours,

I hope everything works out in your time of grief.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:51 AM   #1974
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
Could it have been Firebird herself? I don't know if she went on any missions or anything, just a random thought, and since I don't have enough enemies, I figure I might as well throw out the name of someone who's been nice to me ever since I got here.

For once, it is my turn to apologize. This accusation of Firebird was short-sighted. Thinking about it more, I fail to see why she would telepathically control Nightcrawler, only to have him killed.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:53 AM   #1975
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
It would seem my list is, once again, incorrect. QuickSilver was on the Galactus mission yesterday. Although I barely noticed his presence. Anyone else should feel free to correct me. I know that Mr Richards invented his null-energy device yesterday, which was probably his special action - but we have no independent evidence that this is the case.

I was in fact on the Galctus mission.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:53 AM   #1976
Quicksilver
n00b

HMMM, Vision has been awful quiet.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:54 AM   #1977
Cable
Mascot

Quote:

Yours,

Sorry for your loss.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 06:57 AM   #1978
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Ghost Rider, Ironfist and Cable - your basic attack and how much damage you dealt each day please.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #1979
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Sorry, Emma, I meant to give you mine -- you are correct, 1 point, which is all I've dealt any day. I do not feel the need to attack more than is necessary, as some of my adversaries have decided.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #1980
IronFist
n00b

Quote:
I have a very strong feeling that the results shown are based on the amount of energy expended by the participants, or possibly on whether the person has already attacked Galactus. I invested a large quantity of energy into the attack, thus I succeded in penetrating through to the Destroyer of Worlds. Perhaps others would be willing to reveal how much effort they placed into the assault.

I placed one point. Sorry, but I was at negative energy after day 1. I put in what I could. I am happy to spend a greater amount today on whatever mission is needed. If I am going to use any decent abilities, I need a little energy too.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:59 AM   #1981
Cable
Mascot

Quote:
Ghost Rider, Ironfist and Cable - your basic attack and how much damage you dealt each day please.

My standard attack is only 1 and I have only dealt 1 each day.
Cable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:01 AM   #1982
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Yours,

Very sorry and my prayers go out to you and your family...now quit being so damned quiet.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:02 AM   #1983
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Emma, my apologies as I apparently missed your first request but saw your two today. On a standard attack I do 3 points of damage. I have not done anything other than a standard attack on anyone other than Galactus and his planet Destroyer guy. In other words, all of my votes have been for my base attack.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:03 AM   #1984
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Also, I count 20 points for Nightcrawler. Did someone add a point to get him to 21?
Old 10-10-2008, 07:05 AM   #1985
IronFist
n00b

Quote:

My standard is 2 points, for every standard attack(day 2 and 3) I have only used one energy point, doing 2 points of damage (my minimum).
Old 10-10-2008, 07:05 AM   #1986
hoopsguy
General Manager

Note - PMs are still going out, and likely will be for a while yet.

Nightfall brings with it a growing sense of uncertainty. Three days into your efforts to quash the rebellion, and you have not yet turned up one rebel. If they had not routed you on the first day in Tunisia it would be hard to believe that the Rebellion even exists.

Except, of course, for the growing body count. On this night, it is Professor X who joins the ranks of the brutally butchered. It appears that his head was forced to separate from the rest of his body. Some might find irony in this. Others feel a sense of loss, even in this dog-eat-dog world. But you will all miss the presence of his great mind in the coming days.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:18 AM   #1987
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Before I forget

Order Professor X to protect Magneto

I believe that is correct. This leaves me the quandary of whom to attack and but a short time to decide. There appear to be a multitude of potential targets.

Did this order stand the whole night? Sorry, I just don't have time to go all the way back through. If so, was this an attack on Magneto and X rolled in the way or an attack on X? I'm guessing Magneto could possibly have an answer to that.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:19 AM   #1988
Mimic
High School JV

Yet another loss for the loyalists. I forget who mentioned it, but perhaps we should look at the way the night kills were done.

Dr. Strange-liquidfied
Apocalypse-blown up
Professor X-decapitated

Probably Strange and X were the only two we can for sure identify with the rebels, but all three were very different.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:21 AM   #1989
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
While I am debunking lies about me, I'll go back to this. I never at any time said that I do not have the energy to expend -- I said that I was saving energy. Why? Because I didn't think it was right to waste it on what I deemed would be a failed mission, even with my help. Not to mention, it has been confirmed by Mimic, who I know everyone has tons of trust in, that we are working together on a scheme to destroy Galactus. This scheme requires me to save energy, rather than pissing it away on a mission to ding him up a little.

I know a lot of people don't trust me and I can see why, but hopefully you'll save your attacks against the witch for at least another cycle.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #1990
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Good morning, all. This moderator has overslept, but will now begin processing results. I'm hoping to finish them before dropping the kid off.

Be ready for another exciting day to close out the week.

I'm assuming weekend play is out with this many people still in the mix. However, I have thought about putting out a Mission over the weekend for those who are able to participate. If people have thoughts, for or against, let us know.

Never fear, I shall invent something called an alarm clock for you!

As for weekend play, I have the ability to step out of my lab from time to time during the weekend to see what is going to happen, but if others do not have the same availability I am uncertain to what perception might be falsely made about those who participate or don't participate over the weekend that incorrectly shapes our thoughts due to a simple case of availability.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:24 AM   #1991
Mimic
High School JV

I must be going and will be gone for most of the morning. As I leave, I'd like to throw the question to Doom: why do you trust me?

I have some suspicions on why Doom would want me to defeat Galactus and I believe that when he called off the dogs off the witch that was part of it. The Scarlet Witch and I are under suspicion, but our leader believes in us?

I wonder why.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:27 AM   #1992
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostRider View Post
Did this order stand the whole night? Sorry, I just don't have time to go all the way back through. If so, was this an attack on Magneto and X rolled in the way or an attack on X? I'm guessing Magneto could possibly have an answer to that.

Never mind, I found the time. I think the order stood so maybe Magneto witnessed something.

On the weekend front, I can play some too.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:33 AM   #1993
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Having observed the death of Kurt first hand I can confirm that he was possessed until just before the time of death. He died released from the power that sought to control him. He was a changed man from the person we had seen over the last three days.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:35 AM   #1994
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:

Why would someone attack Magneto if they knew he was guarded. Unless it was a chance that the ordering Professor X to guard him was faked which seems more unlikely. Seems on the probability scale, the possibility that professorX was attacked is greater than Magneto was attacked hoping that professorX's guard order was faked.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:37 AM   #1995
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I was thinking that somebody may have underestimated his ability to guard and tried to take out both. I do see what you're saying though and that seems more likely I guess.

My morning appointment hasn't shown so it looks like I'll get to be around some.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:37 AM   #1996
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:

The rebels knew that Erik was protected, there would be no reason for them to target him and "accidentally" kill Charles. I think there can be little doubt that Charles was the intended target of this act. As to why - he is a telepath who, I am sure, the rebels had ascertained had a large stockpile of energy to call upon. I am a little surprised, however, that the rebels made no attempt to connect him with the possession of Nightcrawler, as he had not commited any known public actions on the first two days.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:38 AM   #1997
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Doom must refresh himself. I will be back shortly to consider the affairs of the day.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:40 AM   #1998
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Mr Fantastic. Have you given any thought to my offer to form a team. We can do that either by you joining the Brotherhood of Mutants or by forming a seperate team. I think you joining the Brotherhood would be beneficial as I would still be able to act beneficially with the elements in my team I can trust. However I do fear energy drain or mission sabotage by possible treacherous members on my team should they decide that they are close to being brought to their timely deaths.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:44 AM   #1999
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Does anyone have anything approaching an accurate record of the teams currently in existance? I have completely lost track of who belongs to my own team, let alone any other. But fear that there are one or two rebel elements concealed in our numbers.

Feel free to colour code it for my entertainment. I enjoy colour coding. It is pleasing to my eyes.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:47 AM   #2000
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Mr Fantastic. Have you given any thought to my offer to form a team. We can do that either by you joining the Brotherhood of Mutants or by forming a seperate team. I think you joining the Brotherhood would be beneficial as I would still be able to act beneficially with the elements in my team I can trust. However I do fear energy drain or mission sabotage by possible treacherous members on my team should they decide that they are close to being brought to their timely deaths.

I still have some present matters that I need to finish before I consider in full my actions for today (ooc: read, I am still waiting for my morning pm that I would like to look at before I go further). I am not a huge fan of all of the team hopping that has gone on, and because of team bonuses I feel we should be trying to make more use of during missions by trying to group more team members on a similar mission if/when possible for more bonus. Nothing is beyond consideration however, but does anyone have a current list of everyone on each team? I feel ok about a few people on my current team (Vision and SilverSurfer and perhaps others that I am not remembering are on my team currently) and I don't know if I would want to abandon them just yet.