Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #20251
Atocep
Coordinator

Trump doubled down on the FBI never actually getting the DNC's physical server along with the conspiracy theory that's its sitting somewhere in Ukraine yesterday during a Fox and Friends interview.

With the Boomer vs Millennial talk on the board today this is a good example of why Boomers need voted out office. The question of whether or not the physical server has any importance is a litmus test for basic IT knowledge and if you fail that question you shouldn't be holding any office that requires the use of or understanding of IT principles.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 11:55 AM   #20252
Edward64
Head Coach

Com'on Bolton, join the fun, give Trump the finger, and testify.

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...019/index.html
Quote:
John Bolton says his Twitter account has been "liberated"

John Bolton, President Trump's former national security adviser, is back on Twitter today and just tweeted that he has "liberated" his account.

Bolton added that his account was "previously suppressed unfairly in the aftermath of my resignation as National Security Advisor."

He ended the tweet with a cryptic message: "More to come....."

This follows an earlier tweet today — his first in more than two months — where Bolton said: "Glad to be back on Twitter after more than two months. For the backstory, stay tuned........"
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:34 PM   #20253
QuikSand
lolzcat

meanwhile...

QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 01:50 PM   #20254
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
meanwhile...

Jen Barber should be hired to take over that department.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 08:58 AM   #20255
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

As polls are showing that support for impeachment is actually dropping since the open hearings (especially among independents) it really highlights how much MSM's influence has totally eroded outside the "coasts." It also highlights how hard it is going to be for any Democrat to beat Trump in 2020. The Right has condition people to trust no news source, but believe every conspiracy theory. I just don't see how we correct this.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 09:57 AM   #20256
Galaril
Pro Starter

Devin Nunez likely to be investigated for ethics violation as he apparently met with ousted corrupt prosecutor to get dirt on Bidens. WTF.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/devin...hpf&yptr=yahoo

Last edited by Galaril : 11-24-2019 at 09:58 AM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 12:29 PM   #20257
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril View Post
Devin Nunez likely to be investigated for ethics violation as he apparently met with ousted corrupt prosecutor to get dirt on Bidens. WTF.

This episode of House of Cards is too absurd, imma just quit watching.
Old 11-24-2019, 12:40 PM   #20258
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I don't see how the Dems can decide not to continue the inquiry. The GOP isn't going to vote to convict, so just keep investigating and see what comes out. A whole lot came out in a month, so see what happens over the next year.

But I expect they'll wrap everything up by Christmas and pass it on to the Senate so they can focus on solving people's problems or some such nonsense slogan.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:34 PM   #20259
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

dola

Just this weekend:

Sarah Sanders said the President reads more than anyone she knows.

Sen. Kennedy said that it may be the Russians or the Ukrainians that interfered with the 2016 election.

and

Rick Perry said Trump was the chosen one.

I'm less sure we get out of this with each passing day. When the GOP is willing to make Trump a God-Emperor, I'm not sure how we regain normality.
Old 11-24-2019, 10:41 PM   #20260
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Yeah, the recent results from actual elections have been heartening, but it is maddening that slime keeps pouring out of this administration at an unprecedented rate and yet the needles indicating public & political support never appear to move in the slightest.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:45 PM   #20261
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
dola

Just this weekend:

Sen. Kennedy said that it may be the Russians or the Ukrainians that interfered with the 2016 election.

and

I'm less sure we get out of this with each passing day. When the GOP is willing to make Trump a God-Emperor, I'm not sure how we regain normality.

The GOP is in fight or flight mode. The party is dying and they do realize it which why Cornyn has tweeted and said the things he has. This fight is about the survival of the party for them so they're willing to do whatever it takes to retain power. The gerrymandering, the Trump worship, the immigration stance, the corruption all goes back to maintaining power and relevance as the country goes through a transition away from being dominated by older, white, religious men.

Whether or not we can get back to normality likely comes down to whether Trump wins in 2020 and just how quickly the makeup of this country changes and flips some traditional red areas blue.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:18 AM   #20262
Edward64
Head Coach

A good statement from China but want deeds vs words.

My cynical self is thinking China offered this up so Trump has a face saving way of proceeding with & accepting Phase 1 of the trade war pullback. But am hopeful this is a fundamental change in Chinese policy and will result in real reform (but probably not).

China vows more protection for intellectual property - MarketWatch
Quote:
The Chinese government released a document on Sunday calling for more protection of intellectual property rights (IPR), one issue at the center of trade talks with the U.S. "Strengthening IPR protection is the most important content of improving the IPR protection system and also the biggest incentive to boost China's economic competitiveness," said the document, released by the General Offices of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee and the State Council. The guidelines advise "speeding up the introduction of a punitive compensation system for infringements of patents and copyrights, and strengthening the protection of trade secrets, confidential business information and their source codes." In addition, it also says China needs to step up international cooperation in IPR protection and help communication between domestic and foreign rights holders and provide support in overseas IPR disputes. The development comes as investors have been scaling back hopes for a phase-one agreement between Bejing and Washington before the end of the year. Such a deal was expected to set the stage for dealing with a chief U.S. complaint, that China steals intellectual property.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:47 PM   #20263
Izulde
Head Coach

I would trust Trump before I trusted China - and y'all know my views on the former.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 01:06 PM   #20264
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I would trust Trump before I trusted China - and y'all know my views on the former.

It's the Kobayashi Maru test.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 11-25-2019, 03:29 PM   #20265
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Federal subpoenas issued regarding Giuliani's consulting biz.

Quote:
Potential charges under consideration: Obstruction of justice, money laundering, conspiracy to defraud the US, making false statements to feds, failure to register as a foreign agent, hiding foreign campaign donations, straw man campaign donations, mail fraud and wire fraud.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:40 PM   #20266
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Potential charges under consideration: Obstruction of justice, money laundering, conspiracy to defraud the US, making false statements to feds, failure to register as a foreign agent, hiding foreign campaign donations, straw man campaign donations, mail fraud and wire fraud.

It's like giuliani is playing Indict Me Bingo with all those charges.

Old 11-25-2019, 05:31 PM   #20267
Comey
College Starter

McGahn ordered to testify. Here's hoping this leads to Bolton coming forward, and Mulvaney ultimately getting jailed for contempt.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 05:46 PM   #20268
stevew
Hall Of Famer

We fired the Navy leader over this Gallagher shit?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 06:24 PM   #20269
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

Yes, despite all of his military advisers telling him to stay out of it. President Snowflake can't look weak though.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:25 PM   #20270
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

No. We fired him because he spoke out against Trump and has honor.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 07:01 PM   #20271
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Gallagher is the perfect poster boy for Trump. For all I know about military law it might be questionable whether stabbing a captured and restrained individual enemy soldier qualifies as a war-crime, but I'm absolutely certain it doesn't make you any kind of hero.

Last edited by thesloppy : 11-25-2019 at 07:03 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:55 PM   #20272
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Tucker Carlson working hard tonight to convince Trump Assad didn't use chemical weapons and Russia should destroy Ukraine.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:16 PM   #20273
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Trump puts Kushner in charge of overseeing border wall construction: report | TheHill

*snort* Nobody questioned this move while they were currently leaning HARD into "Joe Biden used his influence to get his son a job he wasn't qualified for"?
Old 11-26-2019, 07:14 AM   #20274
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Gallagher is the perfect poster boy for Trump. For all I know about military law it might be questionable whether stabbing a captured and restrained individual enemy soldier qualifies as a war-crime, but I'm absolutely certain it doesn't make you any kind of hero.

Whatever do you mean?

Gallagher was a great fighter. He was one of the ultimate fighters. Tough guy.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:16 AM   #20275
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
No. We fired him because he spoke out against Trump and has honor.

To be fair, if the Secretary of the Navy didn't follow the chain of command and he said one thing privately and did something else publicly, then he deserves to be fired.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:18 AM   #20276
spleen1015
Coordinator

Double dola,

It is bullshit though. If you're going to fire the Secretary of the Navy for lacking integrity, then you need to resign the office of Secretary of Defense because you work for someone you lacks any kind of integrity whatsoever.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:42 AM   #20277
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

And Esper's story doesn't make much sense. He fired the Secretary because he made a secret deal with Trump to rig the hearing so that Gallagher would keep his trident, so Esper fired him and gave Gallagher his trident.

Meanwhile, the Secretary's story is that Trump's order was impossible for him to follow, so he refused and was terminated.

I know which story I find more credible.
Old 11-26-2019, 07:59 AM   #20278
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
dola

Just this weekend:

and

Dershowitz last night:

Quote:
"Of course the President's not the king. The President's far more powerful than the king. The President has the power that kings have never had"

Thomas Jefferson: "The problem with King George is that he doesn't have enough power. Let's declare independence and fix that."
Old 11-26-2019, 10:03 AM   #20279
JediKooter
Coordinator

President* Big Brain strikes again!

Not the Onion:

Trump wonders why the 100th anniversary of women's suffrage wasn't celebrated 'a long time ago'

Old 11-26-2019, 12:55 PM   #20280
GrantDawg

I....just...why?

Old 11-26-2019, 01:03 PM   #20281
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I....just...why?

This dynamic duo make Dan Quayle look like a genius.

Old 11-26-2019, 06:43 PM   #20282
JediKooter
Coordinator

I'm so sick and tired of this extremely racist administration:

Census Bureau Emails Prove DOJ Repeatedly Lied About Origins of Citizenship Question

Old 11-26-2019, 07:51 PM   #20283
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I....just...why?

edit: never mind, Twitter beat me to it

Last edited by cuervo72 : 11-26-2019 at 07:52 PM.
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:40 AM   #20284
PilotMan
Head Coach

Has anyone watched "The Family" on Netflix, or read the book?

I coincidentally started it yesterday. It's stuff like this that makes it really come into focus.

Trump supporters say God chose him to be president

It's really interesting when god chooses people for good things, without the recognition that he also chooses them for bad. All those good people who died yesterday, were also chosen by god, no?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:49 AM   #20285
QuikSand
lolzcat

We'll refer you to the free will thread.
Old 11-27-2019, 08:49 AM   #20286
PilotMan
Head Coach

non dola cause of QS

In other news. Looks like Guiliani is the next one under the trump bus.

Quote:
President Donald Trump appeared to hang his personal lawyer out to dry in an interview with former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly on Tuesday night, insisting that Rudy Giuliani's push for a Biden investigation in Ukraine was not done on his behalf and noting that Giuliani has “other clients.”

Trump Denies Giuliani Acted on His Behalf in Ukraine: ‘Rudy Has Other Clients’

Like Steam?

Last edited by PilotMan : 11-27-2019 at 08:52 AM.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:21 AM   #20287
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I coincidentally started it yesterday. It's stuff like this that makes it really come into focus.

Trump supporters say God chose him to be president
My evangelical friend used this argument with me. He also believes Obama was also chosen by God. A little too "convenient" for me thinking back on those 8 years of conversation. I'll be sure to use this argument with the next Democratic president.

Last edited by Edward64 : 11-27-2019 at 09:24 AM.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:52 AM   #20288
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
We'll refer you to the free will thread.

I've felt for a while that Pharaoh got a raw deal vis a vis free will:
Exodus 9:12 But the LORD hardened Pharaoh's heart, and he would not listen to them, just as the LORD had told Moses.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 01:50 PM   #20289
JediKooter
Coordinator

Now why would you need to have two sets of books? Wikipedia has an explanation as to why you would and sounds like it's not uncommon for publicly traded companies. However, I don't think trump's property is a publicly traded company or under the umbrella of one. I could be wrong though. However, trump and his rabble's default setting is to be dishonest about almost everything...

New documents show Trump kept 2 sets of books for his biggest property in Manhattan, pointing to potential financial fraud

Old 11-27-2019, 02:02 PM   #20290
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Now why would you need to have two sets of books? Wikipedia has an explanation as to why you would and sounds like it's not uncommon for publicly traded companies. However, I don't think trump's property is a publicly traded company or under the umbrella of one. I could be wrong though. However, trump and his rabble's default setting is to be dishonest about almost everything...

New documents show Trump kept 2 sets of books for his biggest property in Manhattan, pointing to potential financial fraud

He could maintain one set of books to maximize his income and thus brag about how rich he is. Given his ego I wouldn't dismiss the possibility.

He could maintain another to show to the IRS to show how broke he is.

Or it could be fraud. Either way this reminds of that one scene from The Producers.
Old 11-27-2019, 02:34 PM   #20291
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
He could maintain one set of books to maximize his income and thus brag about how rich he is. Given his ego I wouldn't dismiss the possibility.

Or it could be fraud. Either way this reminds of that one scene from The Producers.

Wait, wouldn't that be fraud anyway?

Like Steam?

Old 11-27-2019, 02:35 PM   #20292
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm leaning towards fraud. If trump didn't have the reputation of lying and cheating and not paying, then I would be leaning more towards everything being on the up and up.

Old 11-27-2019, 05:13 PM   #20293
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
In other news. Looks like Guiliani is the next one under the trump bus.

Trump Denies Giuliani Acted on His Behalf in Ukraine: ‘Rudy Has Other Clients’

Never mind he told the freaking president of Ukraine to call Rudy. Nope, no way he could be doing anything on Trump's behalf.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:05 AM   #20294
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Never mind he told the freaking president of Ukraine to call Rudy. Nope, no way he could be doing anything on Trump's behalf.

"I told the Ukraine President to talk to Rudy because Rudy is fun to talk to. I thought Rudy could tell him about his baseball card collection."
Old 11-28-2019, 09:39 AM   #20295
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post

There's already a fair amount of evidence that Trump was overvaluing his assets for loan applications and undervaluing them for taxes.
Old 12-01-2019, 06:37 AM   #20296
Edward64
Head Coach

Happy that it seems HK protesters have new life and determination with the (supposed) Trump support.

No doubt in my mind that Trump will sell them down the river if he can get a better deal from China. I don't think most of the HK protesters know this though.
Old 12-01-2019, 09:10 AM   #20297
PilotMan
Head Coach

I always knew there was power amongst us.

Quicksand engulfs a bipartisan plan that even trump backs.

Like Steam?

Old 12-02-2019, 02:29 PM   #20298
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

The party of family values strikes again!

Rep. Duncan Hunter to abandon 'not guilty' plea in campaign finance scandal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Article
Earlier this year, as the congressman continued to deny his guilt and prosecutors disclosed more of their evidence in public court filings, it became clear that Hunter had extramarital affairs with at least five different women over many years -- and paid for them with campaign funds.

Though never identified publicly, three of the women were noted to be lobbyists and two others were reported to be congressional staffers.
Old 12-02-2019, 03:15 PM   #20299
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Note to Republicans-the "witch hunt" defense has not worked for any of you so far-try to find another one will you?
Old 12-02-2019, 03:44 PM   #20300
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Note to Republicans-the "witch hunt" defense has not worked for any of you so far-try to find another one will you?

It is going to work for the President. It just won't work for anybody that actually can be held accountable.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 12-03-2019 at 05:31 AM.