Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-23-2024, 09:33 AM   #2001
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think he for sure would have. I think it is why Biden waited until after to drop out.

Well that and between this and the Crowdstrike thing, everyone's completely forgotten about the RNC convention. Trump must be fuming.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 09:49 AM   #2002
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
To my mind, why he left is not relevant.

The delegates choosing a candidate that nobody voted for as their presidential candidate is what is undemocratic.

So if he had a debilitating stroke you would feel the same way? Primary voters chose the ticket knowing Harris was the backup to a very frail old man and they process is playing out.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 09:50 AM   #2003
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Well that and between this and the Crowdstrike thing, everyone's completely forgotten about the RNC convention. Trump must be fuming.

Based off social media the entire party is losing their collective shit. I feel bad for any ketchup bottles.
Old 07-23-2024, 10:14 AM   #2004
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Tactically, the only thing that makes sense is they knew he was behind and needed time to catch up, so they hoped an early debate would give him some momentum. But if they saw him day-to-day, it's hard to believe they thought that would work.

I think the simplest explanation is that Trump had been harping on the idea of debates and suggesting that Joe was too infirm to debate and would never agree, and they assumed he would ride that for months unless they nipped it in the budr ASAP and possibly reversed the narrative with a strong showing.

I also think it's possible/likely that all the different teams involved might not have had the same level of knowledge about Joe's condition & weren't necessarily strategizing with those considerations.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 07-23-2024 at 10:14 AM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 10:15 AM   #2005
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Based off social media the entire party is losing their collective shit. I feel bad for any ketchup bottles.

You have a shitty candidate if you fear someone thrown into the race 2 months before early voting starts.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 10:39 AM   #2006
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

They know they have a shitty candidate.

Question for the collective FOFC. What percentage of the gop establishment actually buys into the maga bullshit? I’m not talking about Cletus from middle Alabama. I’m talking about lawmakers, media, etc.
Old 07-23-2024, 10:44 AM   #2007
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

Question for the collective FOFC. What percentage of the gop establishment actually buys into the maga bullshit? I’m not talking about Cletus from middle Alabama. I’m talking about lawmakers, media, etc.

Depends on how you see buying in. If you mean parroting the the bullshit, they'll all fall in line. If you mean actually believing the bullshit then very few from the establishment. Most know Trump is full of shit and toxic but they fall in line because they believe he gets results and they like job security.
Old 07-23-2024, 10:47 AM   #2008
Atocep
Coordinator

The secret service director resigning was a given after yesterday's disaster of a hearing.
Old 07-23-2024, 10:55 AM   #2009
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Biden giving a speech Wednesday night. If his people and the DNC are smart, it will be self deprecating, along the lines of not realizing himself he was slipping, that he is doing what's best for the country, and mention the rigors of the job for someone in their 80s with strong hints about Trump's age without directly saying it. Something about how his own temperament when he came into office and how that's changed, subtly comparing it to Trump being a mental disaster. And obviously talk up Kamala.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 10:56 AM   #2010
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Depends on how you see buying in. If you mean parroting the the bullshit, they'll all fall in line. If you mean actually believing the bullshit then very few from the establishment. Most know Trump is full of shit and toxic but they fall in line because they believe he gets results and they like job security.

I mean actually believing. Not using him as their useful idiot.
Old 07-23-2024, 11:05 AM   #2011
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

They will buy in and continue to buy in as long as there is power in it. Once the power is weakened, it will wither away and the collective lawmaker support for it. To answer your question, as long as it's convenient. Only 10% are true believers.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

Last edited by PilotMan : 07-23-2024 at 11:07 AM.
PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 11:18 AM   #2012
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Thought about Roy Cooper as VP choice.

He's 67.

So if Harris chooses him, that's more acceptable to all of the Dems who see themselves as possible next-in-line. If she picks, say, Whitmer, then that puts Whitmer in the drivers seat in 2028 or 2032. If she picks Cooper, then he assumedly won't run for pres, which makes it open for the rest of them
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 11:19 AM   #2013
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Biden giving a speech Wednesday night. If his people and the DNC are smart, it will be self deprecating, along the lines of not realizing himself he was slipping, that he is doing what's best for the country, and mention the rigors of the job for someone in their 80s with strong hints about Trump's age without directly saying it. Something about how his own temperament when he came into office and how that's changed, subtly comparing it to Trump being a mental disaster. And obviously talk up Kamala.

I suspect ratings will be through the roof. A real chance for Biden to materially affect the race.
Old 07-23-2024, 12:23 PM   #2014
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

If Not Like Us is not Kamala Harris's campaign song, then they need to fire whoever runs her campaign.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 12:31 PM   #2015
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If Not Like Us is not Kamala Harris's campaign song, then they need to fire whoever runs her campaign.

Looks like it's going to be Beyonce's 'Freedom'.
Old 07-23-2024, 12:41 PM   #2016
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The secret service director resigning was a given after yesterday's disaster of a hearing.

I was surprised to look up that the Secret Service directory when Kennedy was shot stayed in power for another 10 years!
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 12:50 PM   #2017
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

He has to toe the line between "I can do this job" and "but also campaigning full time between now and November and thinking ahead 4 years, it was time to step aside." If he talks about how hard it is to be president when he's slipping mentally, he's begging for a 25th Amendment petition.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 01:02 PM   #2018
bronconick
College Starter

I hope Joe Biden has given Lee Corso the courage to do the right thing.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 01:46 PM   #2019
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

This sounds right. I have seen some polls today where Harris has jumped over Trump, but I don't know the quality. If she doesn't have a lead by mid-late August, she probably never will....
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 02:03 PM   #2020
Danny
Head Coach

Itll be interesting. There is now the potential to actually capatalize on anything health related or cognitive with Trump that happens prior to the election. That was a nom issue before when youre own candidate is even older witj their own issues there.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 02:07 PM   #2021
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I mean it's simple. Biden is not good at campaigning and doesn't seem to want to. Even four years ago he didn't seem to "get it". However he has shown he was a good president and good at getting things done. They should give him a diplomatic position in france or something to retire in.
CrimsonFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 02:08 PM   #2022
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Itll be interesting. There is now the potential to actually capatalize on anything health related or cognitive with Trump that happens prior to the election. That was a nom issue before when youre own candidate is even older witj their own issues there.

silly boy, republicans don't care about anything bad their candidates do.
Old 07-23-2024, 02:18 PM   #2023
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

It sure would be wild if the the GOP changed candidates too hahaha. It won't happen because they're cultists who like doing what a bully tells them to do. BUt it'd be fun
And then the Labor party swoops in!
Old 07-23-2024, 02:28 PM   #2024
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
PredictIt odds...

Shapiro .32
Beshear .27
Cooper .22
Kelly .15
Buttigieg .07
Whitmer .04
Pritzker .03
Walz .02

This sure has changed.

Kelly .42
Shapiro .28
Cooper .17
Beshear .10
Walz .06
Buttigieg .03
Pritzker .02
Whitmer .02

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 02:32 PM   #2025
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
That was the perfect first campaign speech earlier from Harris.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 02:35 PM   #2026
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
It sure would be wild if the the GOP changed candidates too hahaha. It won't happen because they're cultists who like doing what a bully tells them to do. BUt it'd be fun
And then the Labor party swoops in!

Trump had his chance to drop out pre-conviction.

Though since he's spending all of his time shitposting and playing golf anyway, it isn't like running for President is putting any sort of burden on him.
Old 07-23-2024, 02:50 PM   #2027
GrantDawg

Quote:
This sure has changed.

Kelly .42
Shapiro .28
Cooper .17
Beshear .10
Walz .06
Buttigieg .03
Pritzker .02
Whitmer .02

The more I think about it, the more I think anyone but Mark Kelly would be a mistake. He not only puts Arizona back in play, but he quite possibly helps the Dems win the Senate race there. He just seems like the perfect pairing with Harris.
Old 07-23-2024, 03:05 PM   #2028
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Biden should throw Trump in jail right now for violating the Logan act. After all he’s immune anyway.
Old 07-23-2024, 03:30 PM   #2029
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I mean it's simple. Biden is not good at campaigning and doesn't seem to want to. Even four years ago he didn't seem to "get it". However he has shown he was a good president and good at getting things done. They should give him a diplomatic position in france or something to retire in.

He'll be seen as a bad President and his foreign policy as a disaster over time. I think the quicker the Dems can separate him and his policies from the party, the better off they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
That was the perfect first campaign speech earlier from Harris.

It was very good. It helps a lot when you have a candidate who can speak clearly and attack their opponent's weakness.
Old 07-23-2024, 04:03 PM   #2030
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

These are apparently the names that Kamala has requested be vetted for the VP spot. Pritzker camp said they received no request so maybe that's wrong.

Kelly feels like the strongest but giving up that Arizona Senate seat hurts. They'd have to see numbers that show he would increase their chances considerably to be chosen in my opinion. I can't see Whitmer taking the spot, although maybe that's changed.

Out of this list, I'd probably go with Walz. Least amount of risk and a really good politician.

Last edited by RainMaker : 07-23-2024 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-23-2024, 04:10 PM   #2031
Flasch186
Coordinator

Damn that speech was rousing

The opposite of what Joe could do and the republicans now have to be backpedaling trying to figure out what to do now

This could literally be a blue wave now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 04:14 PM   #2032
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
He'll be seen as a bad President and his foreign policy as a disaster over time. I think the quicker the Dems can separate him and his policies from the party, the better off they are.

It was very good. It helps a lot when you have a candidate who can speak clearly and attack their opponent's weakness.

I think a lot will ride on this election. If Kamala wins, I dont think he will be remembered for all that much of his actual presidency good or bad but in beating trump and then stepping aside to help beat him again.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 04:16 PM   #2033
thesloppy
Pro Starter

The best nickname Trump could invent for Harrison was Lyin' Kamala. Sad. Low energy.
Old 07-23-2024, 04:20 PM   #2034
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I also love that the GOP rank and file has to be explicitly told not to focus on Kamala's race. Good luck getting that herd of cats back into the bag.

Last edited by thesloppy : 07-23-2024 at 04:20 PM.
Old 07-23-2024, 04:20 PM   #2035
Kodos
Resident Alien

Go easy on the man. He’s old.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 04:32 PM   #2036
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Polls starting to show a much more competitive race now. The one's released yesterday after Biden dropped out showed Harris polling 4 points better in swing states than Biden. This has the race tied.

Old 07-23-2024, 04:41 PM   #2037
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Out of this list, I'd probably go with Walz. Least amount of risk and a really good politician.

Walz is such a boring Tim Kaine-style pick. I think you ride the momentum and go with Kelly, Shapiro, or Whitmer. I'd prefer Beshear the most for reasons you've stated earlier, but I guess he's not being considered.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 04:48 PM   #2038
GrantDawg

Quote:

Kelly feels like the strongest but giving up that Arizona Senate seat hurts. They'd have to see numbers that show he would increase their chances considerably to be chosen in my opinion. I can't see Whitmer taking the spot, although maybe that's changed.

He would only have to resign if they won, and even then it would be a Democrat in the seat until a special election in 2026. If Governor Hobbs picks the right replacement, it wouldn't necessarily cost the Democrats the seat even then. Plus, having him on the ticket might help elect the Democrat that is running against Kari Lake this election. Gallego is leading right now, but it is a close race. Having Kelly on the ticket might make the difference. I think Kelly is a win-win.

Old 07-23-2024, 05:04 PM   #2039
Kodos
Resident Alien

Time for a thread title change.
Kodos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 05:07 PM   #2040
GrantDawg

Paging Dr. Edward. Surgery on the thread title, stat.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2024, 05:18 PM   #2041
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I think a lot will ride on this election. If Kamala wins, I dont think he will be remembered for all that much of his actual presidency good or bad but in beating trump and then stepping aside to help beat him again.

I think he will be remembered for Gaza. Not right now, but in 5-10 years after a younger generation comes up and investigations have been done.
Old 07-23-2024, 05:18 PM   #2042
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I also love that the GOP rank and file has to be explicitly told not to focus on Kamala's race. Good luck getting that herd of cats back into the bag.

And Vance's wife goes full DEI hire on Kamala.
Old 07-23-2024, 05:23 PM   #2043
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
He would only have to resign if they won, and even then it would be a Democrat in the seat until a special election in 2026. If Governor Hobbs picks the right replacement, it wouldn't necessarily cost the Democrats the seat even then. Plus, having him on the ticket might help elect the Democrat that is running against Kari Lake this election. Gallego is leading right now, but it is a close race. Having Kelly on the ticket might make the difference. I think Kelly is a win-win.

I'm just thinking long term. Arizona is a state that is swinging red and a guy like Kelly could keep that seat safe for the next 20 years. If Kelly makes it easier to win, you do it. But if you can get the same results with Walz or Cooper, I think that's a more strategic move.

Guessing they are running the numbers now and doing polls to see how much Kelly would move the needle.
Old 07-23-2024, 05:43 PM   #2044
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I think the GOP has some political reaction when they are able to argue that an action discriminates against whites, but they get nowhere arguing that people of color are inherently inferior to whites.

But they just can't help themselves.
Old 07-23-2024, 05:51 PM   #2045
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

dola

On the one hand an old man like Trump getting an eagle is pretty impressive.

But on the other hand, how is a 210 yd hole a par 4?
Old 07-23-2024, 05:51 PM   #2046
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Walz is such a boring Tim Kaine-style pick. I think you ride the momentum and go with Kelly, Shapiro, or Whitmer. I'd prefer Beshear the most for reasons you've stated earlier, but I guess he's not being considered.

It was reported locally that Beshear stated he was asked to submit vetting information.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 05:55 PM   #2047
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
But they just can't help themselves.

It's probably the biggest strength she has right now. They just can't help saying off-putting shit that doesn't sway a single voter. It comes across racist, misogynistic, and weird to suburban folks who ultimately decide these elections.

Beyond the race stuff, I saw people trying to call her out for not being a Mother. She is a stepmom, but that's not enough apparently. Just seems like a weird way to alienate every step parent in this country by insinuating they're bad.

They even threw out a line about how she's been collecting paychecks from the government for 20 years. Normally that's a good attack but one of those jobs was like the most popular job you can have in government (district attorney).

The best way to attack her would be to call out her being a toadie for big business and banks. But they can't really do that because that's sort of Trump's thing.
Old 07-23-2024, 05:57 PM   #2048
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Walz is actually good at politics unlike Tim Kaine. Look at what he's accomplished with a tiny majority in Minnesota.

Shapiro has been a successful Governor too but he has way more risk (although maybe more upside too). I guess with VP I side with they probably won't help but could hurt.
Old 07-23-2024, 06:15 PM   #2049
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Time for a thread title change.

Shouldn’t we wait until it’s official official? Seems disrespectful to Joe who made a great, selfless (albeit, somewhat late) decision?

Last edited by Edward64 : 07-23-2024 at 06:33 PM.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2024, 07:13 PM   #2050
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
The more I think about it, the more I think anyone but Mark Kelly would be a mistake. He not only puts Arizona back in play, but he quite possibly helps the Dems win the Senate race there. He just seems like the perfect pairing with Harris.

Yep, he's fully the correct choice here. He fits a lot if needs and he's a national icon. Fully on board.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote