Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #2001
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

2001: A FOFC Odyssey.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:59 AM   #2002
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Watching the replay of the O's-Detroit game on MLB Network since I missed it while watching Chiefs game. Man, that place was a mausoleum for most of the game.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:46 AM   #2003
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
You heard it here, folks. The ALCS is going to be the Sony Royals vs the Microsoft Orioles.

Please don't make me root for the Orioles!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 12:12 PM   #2004
markprior22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
You heard it here, folks. The ALCS is going to be the Sony Royals vs the Microsoft Orioles.

Wonder who will get the patch out first?

Last edited by markprior22 : 10-06-2014 at 12:13 PM.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 01:49 PM   #2005
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
Wonder who will get the patch out first?

Well the Orioles tried to package the team with Chris Davis and claimed it was absolutely necessary if they wanted to win the World Series, but then they unbundled him from the team right before the playoffs, which means they never should have bothered having him on the roster in the first place.

Meanwhile, Billy Butler's newfound base stealing prowess is a clear value-add and its popularity proves the baseball gods prefer Sony's baseball team to Microsoft's and the Orioles should just give up and go home.

(How am I doing?)
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #2006
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Signs you are getting old...

Offered 5th row dugout tickets to tonight's playoff game. Saw game doesn't start until 8, weather forecast says it might rain, so I turned them down. 15 years ago that would have just meant more drinking. or ?

EDIT: I think college football is the only must go atmosphere (Or World Series) for me anymore. HD and my own couch sound so much better than all the hassle.

Last edited by panerd : 10-06-2014 at 02:37 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 07:21 PM   #2007
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Signs you are getting old...

Offered 5th row dugout tickets to tonight's playoff game. Saw game doesn't start until 8, weather forecast says it might rain, so I turned them down. 15 years ago that would have just meant more drinking. or ?

EDIT: I think college football is the only must go atmosphere (Or World Series) for me anymore. HD and my own couch sound so much better than all the hassle.

I would have taken them.
Old 10-06-2014, 07:50 PM   #2008
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Tough loss for the Giants today. Now they have a severe disadvantage at starting pitcher tomorrow, and if they lose that game have to go back to Washington with zero momentum.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:00 PM   #2009
MrBug708
Head Coach

This umpire's strike zone is...terrible
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:07 PM   #2010
Ramzavail
College Starter

I'm really so sick of the Cards.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:12 PM   #2011
MrBug708
Head Coach

For a fan base that doesn't boo, they boo a lot
Old 10-06-2014, 11:15 PM   #2012
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, great win tonight!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 06:04 AM   #2013
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
This umpire's strike zone is...terrible

Understatement.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 09:04 AM   #2014
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
For a fan base that doesn't boo, they boo a lot

I love when Dodger fans try to jump on the make fun of St Louis bandwagon. Half your fans show up an hour late to the game and the other half are busy beating down opposing fans.

And I understand its sour grapes because you are losing... The strike zone, the fans... but you are a Dodger fan.

Last edited by panerd : 10-07-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:59 AM   #2015
Subby
lolzcat

Go Dodgers!

Cardinals Fans Get Ugly In Clash With Ferguson Protesters
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:01 AM   #2016
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Tough loss for the Giants today. Now they have a severe disadvantage at starting pitcher tomorrow, and if they lose that game have to go back to Washington with zero momentum.
I'm just glad the Nats could pull one out. What a great series this has been so far.

Your ballpark is seriously the most beautiful stadium I have ever seen. I think that every time I am lucky enough to see a game there. One day I'll go in person.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 10-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #2017
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
I'm just glad the Nats could pull one out. What a great series this has been so far.

Your ballpark is seriously the most beautiful stadium I have ever seen. I think that every time I am lucky enough to see a game there. One day I'll go in person.

It is a great place to see a game.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 10:48 AM   #2018
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Big win for the Cards. Tough pitching matchup today with Miller vs. Kershaw - but maybe the Redbirds will continue to have Kershaw's number.

Quote:
Yeah, not the best behavior. But, protesting outside of the stadium during a playoff game (and right next to the smoking section of the stadium) isn't likely to elicit well-reasoned responses from drunken fans out smoking.

Here are a few other articles about the mood before and during the game. No knifing instances nor anyone beat to an inch of their life by home fans. The two notable instances are a few Cardinals fans running up to a set of Dodger fans to return a set of computer printed out tickets they dropped on their way in and the rally DJ calling up a couple Dodger fans with Puig jerseys from East St. Louis, having a healthy banter with them and then offering them their choice of free gifts for being good sports. Yeah, I can see how those from California would feel out of place in St. Louis:

Cardinal Nation coexists with Dodgers fans before and during Game 3 : News

Metro-east news from Belleville, IL | Belleville News-Democrat
Old 10-07-2014, 11:58 AM   #2019
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Yeah, not the best behavior. But, protesting outside of the stadium during a playoff game (and right next to the smoking section of the stadium) isn't likely to elicit well-reasoned responses from drunken fans out smoking.

Here are a few other articles about the mood before and during the game. No knifing instances nor anyone beat to an inch of their life by home fans. The two notable instances are a few Cardinals fans running up to a set of Dodger fans to return a set of computer printed out tickets they dropped on their way in and the rally DJ calling up a couple Dodger fans with Puig jerseys from East St. Louis, having a healthy banter with them and then offering them their choice of free gifts for being good sports. Yeah, I can see how those from California would feel out of place in St. Louis:

Cardinal Nation coexists with Dodgers fans before and during Game 3 : News

Metro-east news from Belleville, IL | Belleville News-Democrat
Absolutely nothing you just posted excuses the virulently racist response to those protestors. Nice try though.

Go Dodgers.

Old 10-07-2014, 12:19 PM   #2020
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Absolutely nothing you just posted excuses the virulently racist response to those protestors. Nice try though.

Go Dodgers.

So those idiots speak for all Cardinals fans? You're joking, right?
Old 10-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #2021
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

Why waste your time? Who cares? He read an article and thinks it matters who he is cheering for, it's like us saying we don't like DC politicians so we are cheering for the Giants.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:52 PM   #2022
gstelmack
Pro Starter

You know, given that you took a Dodgers fan swipe just before his post, rocks and glass houses come to mind here.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:34 PM   #2023
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:

Go Dodgers.
I didn't realize choosing the lowest denominator of a few idiots was the best way to represent the whole of a team's fans. I referenced a few stories that were more representative of the rank and file fans. Given this new definition, though, I would much rather root for a team that may have a few racists in the crowd than fear for my life in the stadium and not feel comfortable taking my kids to a rival baseball game:

Los Angeles Dodgers: Why I Will Never Step Foot in Dodger Stadium Again | Bleacher Report

Last edited by Arles : 10-07-2014 at 01:47 PM.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:50 PM   #2024
lungs
Pro Rookie

Fear for your life at Dodger Stadium? Good grief. I went to a series decked out in opposing team colors and never once felt uncomfortable.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #2025
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Well, Dodger stadium is where an opposing fan was killed...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #2026
Arles
Grey Dog Software

And I've been to hundreds of Cardinal games (many with African Americans) and never noticed the racism referenced above. A reasonable person would probably not worry about either issues but Subby has set the rule that the worst example of your fans represents all, so he might disagree.

Last edited by Arles : 10-07-2014 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:55 PM   #2027
digamma
Torchbearer

No, it isn't.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:57 PM   #2028
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
And I've been to hundreds of Cardinal games (many with African Americans) and never noticed the racism referenced above. A reasonable person would probably not worry about either issues but Subby has set the rule that the worst example of your fans represents all, so he might disagree.

I find both assertions to be ridiculous. Just because you were responding to a ridiculous statement doesn't make your statement any less ridiculous.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:00 PM   #2029
digamma
Torchbearer

It's ok, lungs, he's on a roll.

We've gone from:
-It was the protesters own fault... to
-Dodgers fans are worse.... to
-I have a black friend!

I have plenty of other reasons to dislike the Cardinals. This is just some icing on top. Let's go Blue!
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #2030
lungs
Pro Rookie

On another note... instead of rooting against somebody in the postseason, I've decided to root FOR the Orioles this year.

Too bad O's vs. KC can't be the World Series
Old 10-07-2014, 02:07 PM   #2031
Subby
lolzcat

What happened with the protesters was really shitty. I do not think any Cardinals fans on this board would agree with how they were treated. I would have said "Go Cards" if some segment of Dodger fans had exhibited similarly shitty behavior yesterday (maybe they did and I didn't hear about it?). I was commenting on what was a terrible incident.

I am a 'Skins fan, so I am well-versed in shitty behavior by fans of my favorite team. I think we are all smart enough not to attribute the behavior of a small subset of fans to an entire fanbase.

Except for Cowboys fans. FUCK THOSE GUYS.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:07 PM   #2032
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:

It really has been fantastic. Bummer that one of these teams has to lose.

We are spoiled with the ballpark. Coming from Candlestick, it's easy to say we were due but man did they hit a home run with AT&T Park. I need to get out to PNC in Pittsburgh, because that's the one everyone says is the closest to AT&T in terms of quality. If you ever get out this way, let me know - it'd be fun to catch a game with you.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 10-07-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:09 PM   #2033
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Except for Cowboys fans. FUCK THOSE GUYS.

Now I have a problem with you!!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #2034
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
Now I have a problem with you!!!!
OH I AM SURE YOU ARE THE ONE EXCEPTION.

(and my...ahem...wife)

Old 10-07-2014, 02:11 PM   #2035
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
If you ever get out this way, let me know - it'd be fun to catch a game with you.
That sounds awesome. Beers on me.

Old 10-07-2014, 03:23 PM   #2036
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lungs View Post
On another note... instead of rooting against somebody in the postseason, I've decided to root FOR the Orioles this year.

Too bad O's vs. KC can't be the World Series

Don't get me wrong (and I'll post some games and thoughts from Sunday's game when I get a chance), I want KC to win but I really want to AL team to win this year.

Spoiler

FYI: It's 2 days later and I'm tired at work and still don't have all my voice back. That's a lot of years of catharsis bundled into a few hours.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 10-07-2014 at 03:24 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:31 PM   #2037
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Don't get me wrong (and I'll post some games and thoughts from Sunday's game when I get a chance), I want KC to win but I really want to AL team to win this year.

Spoiler

FYI: It's 2 days later and I'm tired at work and still don't have all my voice back. That's a lot of years of catharsis bundled into a few hours.

SI

I'll be completely honest in that the only reason I say O's over Royals is that my little league team was called the Orioles and I already have an Oriole hat (vintage 1960's replica) that I can wear

My preference to come out of the NL would be the Nats but that might be a hard hill to climb at this point.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:46 PM   #2038
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
It's ok, lungs, he's on a roll.

We've gone from:
-It was the protesters own fault... to
-Dodgers fans are worse.... to
-I have a black friend!
It's not about whether or not you like the Cardinals, it's about how silly this whole premise was. Anyone can cherry pick a bad instance or two with fans of a team, but that's hardly indicative of the whole lot. That is why I posted earlier:
Quote:
A reasonable person would probably not worry about either issues but Subby has set the rule that the worst example of your fans represents all, so he might disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut gallery aka digamma
I have plenty of other reasons to dislike the Cardinals. This is just some icing on top. Let's go Blue!
Fans are short for "fanatic" for a reason. There is no way anyone is going to convince anyone on this board to root for a team they don't like. It doesn't bother me one bit if every FOFCer roots against the Cardinals, I just didn't like this premise that because a couple drunken idiots shouted ignorant and racist comments at a Cards game - people shouldn't be rooting for St. Louis (which was his inference).

Last edited by Arles : 10-07-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:47 PM   #2039
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

It's not too far fetched to see the Nationals pulling this off. The Giants have Vogelsong tonight, and he's been extremely inconsistent recently. Their offense has been almost completely ineffective against lefties all season. Then, if the Nats win tonight, it's back to D.C. With all the momentum in the world on the Nats' side.

Last edited by Vince, Pt. II : 10-07-2014 at 03:47 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:59 PM   #2040
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Interesting stats on today's game:

For Dodgers:
Quote:
Dodgers lineup has a career .390 BA, .447 OBP and .659 SLG% against Shelby Miller.
For Cards:
Quote:
The Dodgers are 2-6 in Kershaw's last 8 starts vs. the Cardinals.

Should be a good game. From a Vegas standpoint, the Dodgers are getting about 61% of the bets so far today.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:23 PM   #2041
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post

Have you seen the post by panerd? The prompt dodger fans are brutal felons..
Old 10-07-2014, 06:29 PM   #2042
The Jackal
Coordinator

Whoops
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:29 PM   #2043
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Matt Adams!!!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 06:31 PM   #2044
MrBug708
Head Coach

Geez
Old 10-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #2045
tarcone
Coordinator

Go Cards!

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:14 PM   #2046
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Cards win! Cards win! Amazing series for the Redbirds with their late innings heroics!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:17 PM   #2047
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Crazy. If you would have told me the Dodgers were out in 4 games and that Kershaw pitched two of them I would have laughed at you a week ago. Unreal.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:18 PM   #2048
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

So does Mattingly get the ax?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:20 PM   #2049
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Rough week in the LA area. Angels and Dodgers out. State of Missouri single handedly broke their hearts.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 07:28 PM   #2050
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I've got a good feeling about tonight's game. I sense a Giants v Royals Series in the near future.

Vogelstrong!