Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-25-2011, 07:50 AM   #2001
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by youcancallmeal View Post
A couple of random things:

In assistant hiring: When you filter by salary, click on someone's "coach card", and then close it, you lose your salary filter (goes back to the default $250K). Would be nice to keep that rather than having to change it every time.

Yes! This is a good suggestion. I would have remembered this one when I got to the offseason, but you beat me to it.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 05:56 PM   #2002
bryce
High School Varsity

Another idea for a future version: being able to set the default defensive pressure as a team. As it is now, subs enter with "normal" default and starters default to "high." So every time I sub, I have to change my sub from "normal" to "high." It's be nice to set the default for the team to "high" for everyone.
Old 09-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #2003
bryce
High School Varsity

I just noticed something with respect to the Full Conference Movement option. I just finished a season where the 11th and 12th place teams in the Big 12 were Texas and Baylor. UT beat BU twice head-to-head, thus UT was correctly placed 11th in the conference standings, and BU 12th. But UT got demoted instead of BU... Does the conference tourney further add into the equation, or this a slight bug?...

Last edited by bryce : 09-03-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #2004
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Right now the game still demotes the team with the lowest prestige out of the last place group. I changed the promotion code to make sure it used the conference champ but never changed the demotion code.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #2005
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Here are preliminary files with conference alignments for the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons:

http://www.fbbgames.com/2011FBCB.zip
http://www.fbbgames.com/2012FBCB.zip

Here are options for extracting the file using my folders as an example.

To replace the normal default league, place the 3 csv files (teams.csv,conf.csv,tourneys.csv) in the normal data folder here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010\

To store the 2011 file as an extra usable default league place the 2011 folder within the archive here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010\defaultleagues\

As always you can locate the data folder that contains your default league files by going to Tools > Edit Default League > Open Folder. Just make sure you exit the league editor within the game first if you are planning to replace the main default league.

Last edited by HeavyReign : 09-06-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: added 2012
Old 09-06-2011, 01:47 PM   #2006
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Woot....thanks HeavyReign!
Old 09-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #2007
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Here are preliminary files with conference alignments for the 2011-12 and 2012-13 seasons:

http://www.fbbgames.com/2011FBCB.zip
http://www.fbbgames.com/2012FBCB.zip

Here are options for extracting the file using my folders as an example.

To replace the normal default league, place the 3 csv files (teams.csv,conf.csv,tourneys.csv) in the normal data folder here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010\

To store the 2011 file as an extra usable default league place the 2011 folder within the archive here:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\GDS\Fast Break College Basketball 2010\defaultleagues\

As always you can locate the data folder that contains your default league files by going to Tools > Edit Default League > Open Folder. Just make sure you exit the league editor within the game first if you are planning to replace the main default league.

I put the 2011 file in the ...\defaultleagues\ file and went to Open Folder. I see the three CSV files, but I don't know which one to select or what to do. If I click on a file, it opens in Excel. Even worse, now if I try to start a new game, I get a runtime error 52 "bad file name or number" message and CTD.

How have I messed up?
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #2008
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

You get this error if you just try to start a normal game or are you changing the League File box on the new game screen to 2011? I'll make patch later that should automate the process but I need to figure out if your main default league files got messed up. If it happens with the league file box set to "Default" then:

1) Go to tools > edit default league > open folder
2) Add .old to the file names for conf.csv, teams.csv, and tourneys.csv
3) Close the game and then reopen it and try and start a new game.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:20 AM   #2009
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Brian, is it possible to adjust the auto-recruiting feature you added in 2.2.17 so the user has the option of turning it off? I'm running into issues now in my solo gaming where, when I have players leave early and I don't have any targets I feel are worth offering, the AI is offering guys against my wishes and I'm ending up with marginal players on scholarship that I don't want.

The feature is great for MP leagues, but I think there needs to be an added button or something to allow for fully manual recruiting with no computer assistance so I don't get stuck with players I don't want on scholarship.

Thanks...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:06 AM   #2010
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I'll try and get a new patch uploaded when I get home Sunday night. I'm going to add the option to specify whether or not the auto recruiting will offer or revoke scholarships under the team setup screen. The default will be no for both.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:44 PM   #2011
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
You get this error if you just try to start a normal game or are you changing the League File box on the new game screen to 2011? I'll make patch later that should automate the process but I need to figure out if your main default league files got messed up. If it happens with the league file box set to "Default" then:

1) Go to tools > edit default league > open folder
2) Add .old to the file names for conf.csv, teams.csv, and tourneys.csv
3) Close the game and then reopen it and try and start a new game.

I deleted the new files and everything worked as it should. I'll try the above when I get a chance later this week.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
Old 09-11-2011, 11:58 PM   #2012
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'll try and get a new patch uploaded when I get home Sunday night. I'm going to add the option to specify whether or not the auto recruiting will offer or revoke scholarships under the team setup screen. The default will be no for both.
Thanks Brian - you rock!
Old 09-12-2011, 01:52 AM   #2013
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2219.exe

Version 2.2.19
Changes:
*The team export format has changed. Importing old team exports will cause a warning and the export will not be used.
*Save format updated so old versions will be unable to load saves from this version.
*Failed imports will show up in red on the import team files screen.
*added FTS to the roster offensive ratings screen
*added the option in team settings to decide whether or not autorecruiting will offer scholarships for you. The default is no.
*added the option in team settings to decide whether or not autorecruiting will revoke hopeless scholarship offers for you. The default is no.
*added default league files for 2011 and 2012 that can be selected on the new game screen.

Fixes:
*The salary filter on the assistant coach hiring screen should now be saved if you view a coach then return to the screen.
*added a error message when the save format is newer than the current installed build instead of crashing.

Hopefully that will take care of OldGiants' issue as well.

Last edited by HeavyReign : 09-12-2011 at 01:53 AM.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:03 PM   #2014
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Is my AD skimming off the top?

Something happened to my budget in the last two seasons. After many seasons in a row of bringing in $840K (team has been 100 prestige for the last 13 seasons), suddenly it dropped to $760K. Not only that, I'm not getting all of the money left over from coaching salaries applied to my recruiting budget - I've been stuck at $19K per month. My coaches add up to $515K, so I should be getting $24.5K per month right?

Is this a bug, or something intended to ramp up the difficulty level?

Also, just curious how the facilities improvements logic works. I eventually was given enough boosts to my facilities to get them to A+, but it's been many seasons since that happened and they've now dropped to A and 3rd best in the conference; this despite the 100 prestige and multiple championships since the facilities were last upgraded.

Running the latest 2.2.19 build.

Oh, and still getting some guys declaring that probably shouldn't - just had a couple guys that weren't projected to be drafted decide to enter the draft and - surprise surprise - weren't drafted.

Maybe for FBCB3 the declare early option can be given a percentage slider like injuries and academic suspensions...

Last edited by dawgfan : 09-18-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:24 PM   #2015
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Dola -

Nevermind on it not calculating correctly. Once I actually got to the July and the recruiting actions, the recruiting budget amount got corrected to $24.5K per month.

Still curious about how the budget is calculated though and why mine dropped from $840K per year to $760K. Is it directly tied to the letter rating of facilities? Is it something else?
Old 09-19-2011, 12:11 AM   #2016
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

This sounds like another behind the scenes issue. I'm pretty sure your school must have switched ADs with the new AD having a lower fund raising rating.

As far as the draft, there are going to be players that leave early that go undrafted. In the 2010 draft, 17 of 49 early entry players went undrafted:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...vingearly.html

I'm trying to find a breakdown for this past season but haven't come across one yet. This was also an usually season with perhaps more elite players staying the extra season due to the lockout.

For 2009 I found the following:
• The undrafted: Paul Harris and Eric Devendorf, Syracuse; Dar Tucker, DePaul; Shawn Taggart, Memphis; Daniel Hackett, USC; and Brandon Costner, NC State.

If you see someone enter the draft that seems off, I'm happy to take a look at it but really the game is actually a touch low on the overall amount of players entering early. I wouldn't be opposed to adding a modifier in the future.
Old 09-19-2011, 12:35 AM   #2017
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks for the explanation Brian. Sounds like another thing that would be cool for FBCB3 - expose the AD.

It could also be cool to add in some additional amount of negotiation between you as the coach and the school/AD - boost my budget and/or upgrade my facilities or I'll bolt for another job.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:34 AM   #2018
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I've noticed that IRL a bunch of early declarers have no real shot at the NBA but have a spot lined up in Europe. Stefan Landesberg of UVa comes to mind, among others.

I simply take the attitude that these types of players in FBCB2 are learning Turkish and/or Italian now.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:40 PM   #2019
youcancallmeal
n00b

I'm wondering if there might be too much parity in the game. I tend to coach at mid-majors, and even with really good teams I drop a ton of games against inferior opposition. I'm sure part of it is my poor coaching, but I see it among the CPU teams as well.

Here's a quick and dirty comparison. These are the conference records of winners from each league. On the left is the real-life 2010/11 season, on the right is the season that just finished in the MP league:

AE: 13-3/13-3
A10: 15-1/14-2
ACC: 14-2/12-4
ASUN: 19-1/15-5
B12: 14-2/12-4
BE: 15-3/13-5
BSKY: 13-3/11-5
BS: 16-2/11-7
B10: 16-2/15-3
BW: 14-2/13-3
CAA: 16-2/12-6
CUSA: 12-4/12-4
HOR: 13-5/14-4
Ivy: 12-2/11-3
MAAC: 15-3/12-6
MAC: 12-4/12-4
MEAC: 13-3/10-6
MVC: 15-3/13-5
MWC: 14-2/11-5
NEC: 16-2/10-8 (!)
OVC: 14-4/14-4
P10: 14-4/14-4
PAT: 13-1/11-3
SEC: 13-3/16-0
SOCON: 14-4/13-5
SOL: 11-5/13-3
SWAC: 16-2/16-2
WCC: 11-3/9-5
WAC: 15-1/12-4

To summarize: in 20 of the leagues, the real-life winner had a better record, compared to 3 leagues where the FBCB winner was better. I think the FBCB winners are losing too many games to mediocre teams. Whether this is because the superior players are underachieving or the lousy ones are overachieving, I couldn't guess.

I highlighted the 10-8 champion in the NEC, that's something I've seen several times in the game that I can't remember ever seeing in real life. The difference is really pronounced when you look at the Prestige 1 and 2 conferences. In real life the cream tends to distinguish itself pretty easily in these leagues, relative to the BCS conferences. In FBCB, the opposite seems to be true.
youcancallmeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 01:58 PM   #2020
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Hmmmmm...it appears I get run-time error 52 whenever I try to start a new career. I am currently using the latest patch (2.2.20). Anyone else getting this?
Old 09-27-2011, 03:55 PM   #2021
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Are you changing any of the default settings when you start a new game? This happened to OldGiants when I added the extra default leagues for download so it seems to be related to those files but I haven't been able to recreate it on either of my computers. Does it happen immediately when you click new to go to the new game screen?

Last edited by HeavyReign : 09-27-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 PM   #2022
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Are you changing any of the default settings when you start a new game? This happened to OldGiants when I added the extra default leagues for download so it seems to be related to those files but I haven't been able to recreate it on either of my computers. Does it happen immediately when you click new to go to the new game screen?

Yes, it occurs whenever I click either New or Begin Career. Now this seems to happen only in the latest updates. If I roll back to 2.2.0, I don't seem to have this issue. In fact, I rolled it back to create a new league and then I updated it. Hope that helps.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:58 PM   #2023
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Running 2.1.17 and the same thing happens to me, never happened before.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 10:44 PM   #2024
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2222.exe

Extract the files to your install directory. When you start the game it should say version 2.2.22 in the bottom left corner after applying the update.

Version 2.2.22
Fixes:
*Fixed error 52 when trying to go to the new game screen due to the presence of invalid files in the custom default leagues folder.

Version 2.2.21
Fixes:
*Added code to make sure recruiting actions are not imported for players who have already committed.
*the game will no longer import instructions to evaluate players you have already evaluated.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:55 PM   #2025
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

you rock dude!
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:52 AM   #2026
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Ummmmmm.....wow! Thanks a bunch sir!
Old 09-28-2011, 12:28 PM   #2027
dave731
High School JV

Lovin it...this game holds my attention as much as CH2K8 does. Best college basketball sim out there.

I'm about to bite the bullet and start working on a coaches file as I haven't seen any mods for a real one. If anybody knows of one, please point me in the right direction.

HeavyReign, quick question...When I'm editing the coaches file under the tools menu, none of the career records are saving. For example, I create Coach K and place him at Duke, input the career wins and losses but when I go back in and look at him, the wins and losses are reset to 0-0. Any reason for this? I can edit the current game coaches and change their records but then I'm stuck with those rosters every time I want to play. I'd like the ability to create an accurate coach's file but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Last edited by dave731 : 09-28-2011 at 01:53 PM.
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #2028
markprior22
High School Varsity

Once again Brian...thanks so much. Your support of this game is tremendous. Can't wait for your next release.
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #2029
bryce
High School Varsity

May I offer what I think would be a really robust addition to a new version (not necessarily a patch, as this is probably a bigger feature)?

In the recruiting section, it would be great to be able to filter some statistical categories. For example, I never recruit anyone who shoots less than 50% FTs, or 40% FGs. I also never recruit a PG with less than 2.0 A/TO ratio.

Along those same lines, if we had the ability to change the columns that are viewed in the stats section of recruiting, that would be huge. For example, when I'm recruiting PGs, I'd like to change the column fields to show A/TO ratio, even though I know both Assists and Turnovers are in the current setup and I can eyeball the rough approximation before opening the specific player for exacts, I'd prefer the exact ratio on the main screen. As another example, I would also add FT% to the mix for all recruits.

But we each value different stats differently, so giving the user to choose the filters and stats viewed would add a nice personalization.

Of course, I don't know how difficult that is, but just a thought...

Last edited by bryce : 10-01-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #2030
dave731
High School JV

I'm thru Cincy with naming head coaches and inputting their records. I just went with a league and am editing the coaches within the league. I am plugging in their alma maters, hometowns, and ages when easily accessible. I haven't touched individual coaching styles so all that is random. I'm just looking to get something going with the head coach's names and records for a career I'm going to start. I will likely save this as a backup once I get done and toy with the idea of creating a real named roster but it seems to be a very daunting task. I would also like to go back in and edit coaching styles to be more in line with the real counterparts.
Old 10-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #2031
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave731 View Post
I'm thru Cincy with naming head coaches and inputting their records. I just went with a league and am editing the coaches within the league. I am plugging in their alma maters, hometowns, and ages when easily accessible. I haven't touched individual coaching styles so all that is random. I'm just looking to get something going with the head coach's names and records for a career I'm going to start. I will likely save this as a backup once I get done and toy with the idea of creating a real named roster but it seems to be a very daunting task. I would also like to go back in and edit coaching styles to be more in line with the real counterparts.

That would be awesome. Keep it goin'!
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 07:00 PM   #2032
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce View Post
May I offer what I think would be a really robust addition to a new version (not necessarily a patch, as this is probably a bigger feature)?

In the recruiting section, it would be great to be able to filter some statistical categories. For example, I never recruit anyone who shoots less than 50% FTs, or 40% FGs. I also never recruit a PG with less than 2.0 A/TO ratio.

Along those same lines, if we had the ability to change the columns that are viewed in the stats section of recruiting, that would be huge. For example, when I'm recruiting PGs, I'd like to change the column fields to show A/TO ratio, even though I know both Assists and Turnovers are in the current setup and I can eyeball the rough approximation before opening the specific player for exacts, I'd prefer the exact ratio on the main screen. As another example, I would also add FT% to the mix for all recruits.

But we each value different stats differently, so giving the user to choose the filters and stats viewed would add a nice personalization.

Of course, I don't know how difficult that is, but just a thought...
+1 - this would be a great feature for FBCB3.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #2033
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
HeavyReign, quick question...When I'm editing the coaches file under the tools menu, none of the career records are saving. For example, I create Coach K and place him at Duke, input the career wins and losses but when I go back in and look at him, the wins and losses are reset to 0-0. Any reason for this? I can edit the current game coaches and change their records but then I'm stuck with those rosters every time I want to play. I'd like the ability to create an accurate coach's file but can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Sorry I missed this before. I'll take a look at this to see what's up for the next beta patch.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:42 PM   #2034
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Small update posted today with bonus feature for bryce.

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2223.exe

Extract the files to your install directory. When you start the game it should say version 2.2.23 in the bottom left corner after applying the update.

Version 2.2.23
Fixes:
*Fixed error 9 that could occur during conference scheduling when the conference had no conference tourney.

Changes:
*Clicking the "Legal Positions" header on the depth chart screen will toggle all of the positions between eligible and ineligible for all players.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:24 PM   #2035
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I have recently installed the game on a new laptop running windows 7. When I try to install this latest patch I get an error:

Chilkalog
Unzip to file:
failed to open file (2)
filename: fbcb2010.exe
current working directory: \\?\c:\program files.....
osErrorInfo: Access is denied

Any advice?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #2036
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Nevermind, figured it out.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:13 PM   #2037
dave731
High School JV

Quote:
Sorry I missed this before. I'll take a look at this to see what's up for the next beta patch.
Thanks...I am through Hofstra with real coaches names and records (and most hometowns and alma maters) on the league file for those wondering. I will upload it somewhere when I get through the initial set. Then I will try to go back through and get coaching styles down but I'm going to need some help with that type of stuff. If anyone knows of any websites that give breakdowns for coaching styles, let me know.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #2038
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Thanks...I am through Hofstra with real coaches names and records (and most hometowns and alma maters) on the league file for those wondering. I will upload it somewhere when I get through the initial set. Then I will try to go back through and get coaching styles down but I'm going to need some help with that type of stuff. If anyone knows of any websites that give breakdowns for coaching styles, let me know.

I would suggest going to kenpom.com and using team statistics for pace, assist percentage, and 3-point attempt percentage for the three relevant offensive statistical categories. The site will also guess at a team's tendency to use man v. zone or a combination thereof.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 05:04 AM   #2039
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2224.exe

Version 2.2.24
Fixes:
*Fixed a bug that could cause recruiting orders to not import under the new import system with an invalid cost error.
*Wins and Losses should correctly save when working on a coach file.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:37 AM   #2040
dave731
High School JV

Quote:
http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2224.exe

Version 2.2.24
Fixes:
*Fixed a bug that could cause recruiting orders to not import under the new import system with an invalid cost error.
*Wins and Losses should correctly save when working on a coach file.

Thanks, that did the trick. Now if there were only a way to pull an existing coach file out of a saved league? I think this may be a little difficult to do as it seems to be tied to the league.dat files. I will go ahead and start from the beginning again with the coaches though and will use kenpom to determine tendencies as best as I can.

Just saw another problem. When I created Coach K in a coach's file, then saved it, then created a league using the coach's file, it showed him as being the head coach of Duquesne instead of Duke. I double checked to make sure he was chosen for Duke in the initial creation and he was. Added Jim Boeheim and he was listed as coaching at Temple. The coaches appear to be shifting down one school on the alphabetical list when the file is used.

Last edited by dave731 : 10-05-2011 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 07:42 AM   #2041
bryce
High School Varsity

Quote:
Small update posted today with bonus feature for bryce.

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2223.exe

Extract the files to your install directory. When you start the game it should say version 2.2.23 in the bottom left corner after applying the update.

Version 2.2.23
Fixes:
*Fixed error 9 that could occur during conference scheduling when the conference had no conference tourney.

Changes:
*Clicking the "Legal Positions" header on the depth chart screen will toggle all of the positions between eligible and ineligible for all players.

Good to see, thanks man!
Old 10-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #2042
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Thanks, that did the trick. Now if there were only a way to pull an existing coach file out of a saved league? I think this may be a little difficult to do as it seems to be tied to the league.dat files. I will go ahead and start from the beginning again with the coaches though and will use kenpom to determine tendencies as best as I can.

Just saw another problem. When I created Coach K in a coach's file, then saved it, then created a league using the coach's file, it showed him as being the head coach of Duquesne instead of Duke. I double checked to make sure he was chosen for Duke in the initial creation and he was. Added Jim Boeheim and he was listed as coaching at Temple. The coaches appear to be shifting down one school on the alphabetical list when the file is used.

Just keep working on the one you have partially done in the active league. I'll add an option to export the coach file from that. I'll also look into the shifting error.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:13 PM   #2043
dave731
High School JV

Quote:
Just keep working on the one you have partially done in the active league. I'll add an option to export the coach file from that. I'll also look into the shifting error.
Sweet! You sure you don't want to go to work for EA Sports NCAA Football team?

Through Long Island for those wondering...

Last edited by dave731 : 10-05-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #2044
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

No "Real" programming jobs would want me. I don't know the right languages well enough. I did interview with Visual Concepts after releasing the first FBB thanks to SackAttack, but I never really got the chance to concentrate on learning more languages with my life being as chaotic as its been. I suppose right now no jobs want me but that's a much longer story.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:51 PM   #2045
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

This question is probably answered somewhere in this thread, but I just got a new machine and installed the game. Now when I go to click on a button, it doesn't respond. I also can't close the window without going to Task Manager. Is this a screen res issue or is there something else I'm missing?
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:58 PM   #2046
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

If the game is running then it does sound like potentially the DPI issue. I'm assuming windows 7 since its a new machine so:

1) Right-click on the desktop and choose "Personalize"
2) In the lower left corner of the screen choose "Display"
3) Make sure text size is set to 100%. You have 3 options(100/125/150)
or
3) Click on "Set custom text size (DPI)" in the left menu then uncheck "Use Windows XP style DPI scaling".

Only use the bottom option if the entire game window fits on your screen. Otherwise you have to use a smaller text size because Windows magnifies the size of the game window.

Last edited by HeavyReign : 10-05-2011 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:05 PM   #2047
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Thanks HR! That solved the problem.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #2048
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

I've got a question about how prestige works, and whether it may need tweaking:

I started a new career a couple days ago. Fast-simmed the first season then picked among offers at the start of the next season. I got an offer from Winthrop and took it. They had gone 23-9 the previous season, won the Big South tournament to get an NCAA bid where they lost in the 1st round and finished with an RPI of 130. Their prestige was 45 when I took the job.

In my first season, I went 28-5, won the conference and the conference tournament and made it to the 2nd round of the NCAA tournament as a #10 seed, with a final RPI of 60.

My prestige dropped a point to 44.

Seems rather odd that making the NCAA tournament for the 2nd year in a row, and actually advancing past the first round would result in a drop of my prestige when it was only at 45 to start with.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:26 AM   #2050
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

There's a couple parts to how prestige works. You get a base prestige for where you finish in your conference based on the prestige level of the conference. Then you get bonus prestige for things like making postseason tournaments and winning additional games. The end result is your season prestige. Then to determine your overall prestige the game uses a weighted average of the last 10 seasons with recent seasons being more important. Looking at it now, it shouldn't have been possible for you to drop there so I wouldn't mind taking a peek at the save ([email protected]). I also think I'll add a minimum prestige for the season based upon which round of the tourney you make it to. There was already one for the last couple rounds but it seems to make sense to add it in to the early rounds as well.

HiFi can you tell me anything more about what happened? It sounds like maybe you were trying to save at the time if the saved game is missing. If that is the case go to load save, click open folder, and you should see the folder for your save. Change any files that have the extension .bak to .dat instead and it should restore the last successful save. The only other suggestion I can make right now is if the game ever seems stuck and unresponsive, leave it for a while to see if it comes back. That sort of behavior seems to happen when the game is trying to access the hard drive.