Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-25-2010, 05:40 PM   #2001
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I can't bear to go into the threads here that are about animals dying. Oddly, I find it easier to go into threads where people are asking for prayers for a relative, but when it comes to animals, I can't do it; all I can think of is my old dog we had to have put down, and what will happen when it's Oz's time.

This strikes me as weird.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:45 PM   #2002
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I can't bear to go into the threads here that are about animals dying. Oddly, I find it easier to go into threads where people are asking for prayers for a relative, but when it comes to animals, I can't do it; all I can think of is my old dog we had to have put down, and what will happen when it's Oz's time.

This strikes me as weird.

/tk
Same thing with me. Makes me think of putting my dog down and knowing someone else is going through the same thing makes me depressed.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2010, 05:56 PM   #2003
JediKooter
Coordinator

I don't think it's too weird TK. I'm kind of the same way as you, I can only read so many of those kinds of posts (no disrespect to the posters), because it makes me sad. I think it may be something to do with, that our animals can only communicate with us to a certain degree and the rest of it, we have to rely on what we think may be right. Since we can't ask our pet if they want us to end it or ask them what else can we do to help, adds to the emotional overflow of something like that. With a parent, friend or relative, we can ask them (not always) how they feel, what can we do to make them more comfortable, etc... There's that extra layer of communication.

I don't put animals on the same level as humans, but, all the pets I've ever had were considered members of the family and not treated as something that can just be thrown away, neglected or abused. I think you have to be a cold blooded person to not feel bad when yours or someone's pet is sick or dying. I think your reaction is very normal.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:36 AM   #2004
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I have started down the path of making apps, or at least one app , for webOS. I have never done too much with javascript but I am picking it up. Palm makes it pretty easy for someone like me in a way. Got annoyed with it for about 36 hours and then I changed the way I was going about it completely and I am having a blast.

The screwed up part about this is:

I have now found a second "job" (along with my youth soccer coaching/admin work) that I can spend a ton of time on with great satisfaction.....but make no money off of it. Meanwhile I can't stand the job that does bring in some money.

Last edited by Cringer : 10-26-2010 at 06:36 AM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 08:02 AM   #2005
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Anyone going to Massilion/McKinley this weekend?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:46 PM   #2006
JediKooter
Coordinator

Oh my! She looks even better in real life: Ashley Eckstein - IMDb

She's doing some interview thing right next to my office. David is a lucky man.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-26-2010, 03:49 PM   #2007
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Oh my! She looks even better in real life: Ashley Eckstein - IMDb

She's doing some interview thing right next to my office. David is a lucky man.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:02 PM   #2008
JediKooter
Coordinator

Through that closed door, there she be...Sorry, don't have photoshop here at work to fix the picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1026001353.jpg (322.7 KB, 170 views)

Old 10-26-2010, 04:10 PM   #2009
JediKooter
Coordinator

Well holy crap. David is here too. I was wondering who the little blond dude was hanging around.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:12 PM   #2010
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Through that closed door, there she be...Sorry, don't have photoshop here at work to fix the picture.

You must be important...looks like a lot of wood in that office...
Old 10-26-2010, 04:15 PM   #2011
JediKooter
Coordinator

I don't like to brag, I just hope the ladies notice.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #2012
molson
General Manager

FOFC legend status if you can get a picture of both of them here in the next hour. You can be sneaky about it, just setup the camera behind that tissue box.

Last edited by molson : 10-26-2010 at 04:23 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:19 PM   #2013
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Well holy crap. David is here too. I was wondering who the little blond dude was hanging around.

Did you ask him where his parents are?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:24 PM   #2014
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Did you ask him where his parents are?

Haha!!

Old 10-26-2010, 04:26 PM   #2015
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
FOFC legend status if you can get a picture of both of them here in the next hour. You can be sneaky about it, just setup the camera behind that tissue box.

I would totally ask, but, I don't know if the company has a 'you will be fired' if do something like that policy. I was just talking to her/his assistant, but, then she got distracted.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #2016
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Was the kleenex that close before she got there?
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 04:44 PM   #2017
JediKooter
Coordinator

Haha! Yes it was and I was using it to blow my...nose.

Well they left, however, I heard them say they will be back tomorrow. So maybe I can try and see about grabbing a picture then.

Old 10-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #2018
stevew
Hall Of Famer

If you shake his hand, I bet all of his gritty white guy hustle will rub off on you.

Last edited by stevew : 10-26-2010 at 04:46 PM.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:09 PM   #2019
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
If you shake his hand, I bet all of his gritty white guy hustle will rub off on you.

I will come into work diving head first into the office and maybe win a series MVP too.

Walking by him, I can understand why he does not hit them out of the park like Pujols.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:42 PM   #2020
Bad-example
College Starter

SNL skit idea: Henry Winkler is hawking Reverse Mortgages all the time on TV. I want to see a sketch with a young leather-jacketed Fonzie making a sales pitch. Aaay! Whoa! Correctamundo!

It just seems like a slam dunk to me.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:35 PM   #2021
sabotai
General Manager

I watched Glee last night for the first time. I think Jayma Mays has got to be the cutest chick to have ever existed.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:46 PM   #2022
MJ4H
Coordinator

<3 her
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:48 PM   #2023
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

never heard of her before now but i am suddenly hungry for forehead

she is pretty cute
Old 10-27-2010, 04:18 PM   #2024
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example View Post
SNL skit idea: Henry Winkler is hawking Reverse Mortgages all the time on TV. I want to see a sketch with a young leather-jacketed Fonzie making a sales pitch. Aaay! Whoa! Correctamundo!

It just seems like a slam dunk to me.

I'm not sure what to do with here, that anybody still watches SNL, or that anybody who watches SNL knows The Fonz.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #2025
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I wonder if Jayma Mays is some how related to Jamal Mayers? I don't really see any resemblance, but their names are strikingly similar.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:29 PM   #2026
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I wonder if Jayma Mays is some how related to Jamal Mayers? I don't really see any resemblance, but their names are strikingly similar.

When I saw who posted this, I was surprised. Not that it was HB, but I thought it would have been Pumpy.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #2027
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm not sure what to do with here, that anybody still watches SNL, or that anybody who watches SNL knows The Fonz.

When our planet goes to crap and 10,000 years from now when some alien civilization digs up earth, they are going to be really confused by that bronze statue of the Fonz in Milwaukee.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 10-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #2028
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
When I saw who posted this, I was surprised. Not that it was HB, but I thought it would have been Pumpy.

That's interesting, because I felt like I was channeling Pumpy when I wrote it. It must be some sort of after effect of having spent a few days near the Pumpy Zone last month.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 10-27-2010, 04:48 PM   #2029
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

Wouldn't H_B be the obvious choice to comment on strikingly similar names?
Old 10-27-2010, 05:04 PM   #2030
Bad-example
College Starter

Quote:

I figure that the rare, funny SNL skit gets viewers via the YouTube. The point about The Fonz being fairly obscure to a large portion of the population is probably valid.

I still think it could be comedy gold though.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #2031
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I had a great time in Detroit/Novi today. I hope I get the job.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:43 PM   #2032
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I had a great time in Detroit/Novi today. I hope I get the job.

Good Luck!
Old 10-28-2010, 12:08 AM   #2033
thesloppy
Pro Starter

My entire extended family lives in Detroit, I visit every couple years, and I was born in Ann Arbor myself, many moons ago....all of which is to say that the D (and the surrounding area) still pleasantly surprises me every time I'm there.

....and always comes with a pinch of the unsurprisingly unpleasant, tho' there are lots of parts that remain impressive, even in decay.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 01:06 PM   #2034
stevew
Hall Of Famer

McRibbity goodness is back.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:27 PM   #2035
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I'd be much happier if they brought back the Patty Melt
Old 10-28-2010, 02:00 PM   #2036
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
That's interesting, because I felt like I was channeling Pumpy when I wrote it. It must be some sort of after effect of having spent a few days near the Pumpy Zone last month.
Damn straight. That shit stays with you like luggage.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #2037
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
My entire extended family lives in Detroit, I visit every couple years, and I was born in Ann Arbor myself, many moons ago....all of which is to say that the D (and the surrounding area) still pleasantly surprises me every time I'm there.

....and always comes with a pinch of the unsurprisingly unpleasant, tho' there are lots of parts that remain impressive, even in decay.

+1

Born in Livonia, famiy in Sterling Heights, Novi, and Bloomfield Hills (next door to Aretha no less!). Don't get back as much as I should, especially since we moved from Florida to Kentucky a few years ago. But I enjoy seeing the vaguely familiar (we moved when I was 10) every few years. And eating as many Bates hamburgers as is humanly possible.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 03:37 PM   #2038
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

We have a "Jeans Day" tomorrow at work. I love Jeans Day.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:03 PM   #2039
JediKooter
Coordinator

So do a bunch of people named Jean come to work that day?

Old 10-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #2040
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

We have a Jean's Week next week if we give $5 to someone that is going to Ethiopia next month to hand out shoes.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:27 PM   #2041
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
We have a Jean's Week next week if we give $5 to someone that is going to Ethiopia next month to hand out shoes.

What? We have to give $5 to cancer awareness and we only get to wear jeans one day. This is ridiculous.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:32 PM   #2042
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So do a bunch of people named Jean come to work that day?

Is Wyclef Jean going to visit?
Old 10-28-2010, 04:34 PM   #2043
JediKooter
Coordinator

That would be cool. Wonder if Jean Stapleton will be there too?

Old 10-28-2010, 04:38 PM   #2044
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Billy Jean King
Old 10-28-2010, 04:45 PM   #2045
JediKooter
Coordinator

Mr. Green Jeans.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:51 PM   #2046
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

If you buy a shirt that is a little snug, it will definitely shrink after the first wash. If you buy a shirt that is a little too big, it never shrinks.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:56 PM   #2047
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:

hxxp://kleincast.com/maps/mcrib.php

Work safe, but, seems slow to load.

Old 10-28-2010, 04:58 PM   #2048
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Any discussion of "Jean" begins and ends here-

Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:49 PM   #2049
RainMaker
General Manager

MORE JEAN

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 10:18 PM   #2050
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I can't stand women who think they can control every aspect of my damn life...honestly, I am getting a divorce because of one...then I find another that isn't even serious and she turns into a fucking nutcase on me....damn I am through.