Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2006, 02:49 PM   #2001
Barkeep49
Coordinator

dubb: I think the runaway train on Fouts is going to tell us something about Alan/Lathum soon. If Fouts is good Lathum suddenly looks a whole lot like a good guy. If Fouts is bad? Well Alan certainly deserves more of a look.

I like the idea of taking a look at someone like path or Vince who hasn't recieved as much scrutiny.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:49 PM   #2002
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
It seems pretty clear you were caught in a lie, Fouts is the mummy and with the way you are acting, I wouldnt be suprised if you wernt the one who summoned it.

try this quote to see if alan is the mystic...worth a shot.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:50 PM   #2003
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
How are you so sure Fouts is an avatar? I don't see how it matters what Fouts is as it plays into you and Alan. Alan seems to want him dead while you want him alive. Alan is siding with the entire group, how can you just single HIM out.

I think its not that he is singling me out, its that I singled him out. After we found out Blade was the seer and had said he didnt scan Lathum, it made Lathum's story seem untrue so I pressed. Lathum is just attacking back at me as a defense. ie: the best defense is an offense
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:51 PM   #2004
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'm not scanning Path. I see no reason AT ALL to believe he is anything other than he says he is. He protected me so I could use this role. That is enough for me.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:54 PM   #2005
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
dubb: I think the runaway train on Fouts is going to tell us something about Alan/Lathum soon. If Fouts is good Lathum suddenly looks a whole lot like a good guy. If Fouts is bad? Well Alan certainly deserves more of a look.

I like the idea of taking a look at someone like path or Vince who hasn't recieved as much scrutiny.

If Fouts is bad Alan does not deserve more of a look. I see nothing to believe that AT ALL. Find something, anywhere that connects Fouts being bad with Alan.

For all we know Fouts could be good. Lathum could be the head nec, knowing he didn't summon him and as a result knows that Fouts is dead anyway and IS the avatar so he's trying to make himself look good.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:56 PM   #2006
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
How are you so sure Fouts is an avatar? I don't see how it matters what Fouts is as it plays into you and Alan. Alan seems to want him dead while you want him alive. Alan is siding with the entire group, how can you just single HIM out.
I would rather not say how I am sure but I am confident (see last game, and no I am not the pack alpha ). AlanT is siding with the group because it is the obvious vote just like he did yesterday. I know I am taking a risk here and going out on a limb but I would rather take a chance on a theory I belive to be correct then be a sheep. If nothing else it gives us something to discuss today and in the future.

go ahead and scan 591, I'm not worried.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:59 PM   #2007
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Again I think scanning this group of indvidiuals is a bad idea. Hell scan me for all I care. But I think we'll have something ocncrete soon enough on Lathum/Alan without using up what is left of your role's power.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:59 PM   #2008
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

For all we know Fouts could be good. Lathum could be the head nec, knowing he didn't summon him and as a result knows that Fouts is dead anyway and IS the avatar so he's trying to make himself look good.

then scan 591 and clear me.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:00 PM   #2009
Barkeep49
Coordinator

What about Chubby? Could you see yourself doing a Chubby scan? If so I will try and find some quotes
Old 06-23-2006, 03:04 PM   #2010
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just as a heads-up: I'm hoping to be behind a large stack of poker chips at 9PM tonight so results won't be posted until late.

I'll look for Night 5 to end by noon on Sunday, setting up an extended Day 6 for Sunday afternoon + Monday.

If this schedule doesn't work for people, please let me know and I'll adjust accordingly.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:05 PM   #2011
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Chubby is a good call Barkeep.

Don't scan Barkeep, he had a scarab yesterday.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:06 PM   #2012
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
What about Chubby? Could you see yourself doing a Chubby scan? If so I will try and find some quotes
hehe, anyone else find this funny?
Old 06-23-2006, 03:08 PM   #2013
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Chubby is a good call Barkeep.

Don't scan Barkeep, he had a scarab yesterday.

-Anxiety

Having a scarab doesnt mean he is good. Just means the person who gave him one thought he was good.

But I agree not scanning barkeep. I believe him and Dubbs as cleared by Blade already
Old 06-23-2006, 03:09 PM   #2014
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Again I think scanning this group of indvidiuals is a bad idea. Hell scan me for all I care. But I think we'll have something ocncrete soon enough on Lathum/Alan without using up what is left of your role's power.

Then we will come back to this for LVP if Lathum is the head nec and knows he didn't summon Fouts thus making Fouts the avatar by default.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:10 PM   #2015
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Then we will come back to this for LVP if Lathum is the head nec and knows he didn't summon Fouts thus making Fouts the avatar by default.
Ok that's a fair point.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:10 PM   #2016
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

The only reason I say this is b/c it is the play I'd make if I were the head nec and knew I didn't summon him. Then IF Alan comes up good Lathum can always play it off. Trust me on that.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:12 PM   #2017
st.cronin
General Manager

LVP?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:12 PM   #2018
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Having a scarab doesnt mean he is good. Just means the person who gave him one thought he was good.

But I agree not scanning barkeep. I believe him and Dubbs as cleared by Blade already

Sorry, I meant he may have used a cursed scarab, therefore don't waste it.

Old 06-23-2006, 03:13 PM   #2019
Vince
Pro Starter

I agree that we should probably leave Lathum and Alan alone, but I'm starting to worry that we have two good guys who simply disagree about whether or not Fouts is the Avatar or Mummy. What happens if we get Fouts, and then the next one we go after (Lathum or Alan) is a good guy? Do we go after the other next?

I have no problem getting scanned myself -- I happen to know that I'm good, but no one else does, and it would be nice to be cleared. But I'm left to wonder...what is there that I have said that could be scanned?
Short of "I'm walking like an Egyptian here," which was my first post post-roles being sent out, I don't know that there is much that I have said that would give a good read on me. Plus, it's always better to nail a bad guy with a scan, rather than simply find a good guy.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:14 PM   #2020
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
LVP?

x2. What the hell is LVP?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:15 PM   #2021
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
LVP?

Least Valuable Play

I was set to send in the Lathum scan, but not I'm digging up info on someone else at the request of the group. I can't shake the feeling he is the head nec and just didn't summon Fouts tho. But no one else buys it so I'll go elsewhere.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:16 PM   #2022
Vince
Pro Starter

Isn't it impossible for Fouts to be a mummy if Lathum is the head necromancer and DIDN'T summon him?
Old 06-23-2006, 03:17 PM   #2023
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Trust your instincts. Unless those instincts tell you to build a case against Blade when he is both the Mystic and already dead and you just don't know it yet.

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 03:17 PM   #2024
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Trust your instincts. Unless those instincts tell you to build a case against Blade when he is both the Mystic and already dead and you just don't know it yet.

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 03:17 PM   #2025
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dubb- Thats an interesting theory but why on earth would I call that kind of attention to myself. If I was the head necro I would keep my mouth shut knowing the avatar was going to be killed no matter what. I would have nothing to gain by making that kind of play on a day where the lynch candidate was so obvious.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:17 PM   #2026
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I agree that we should probably leave Lathum and Alan alone, but I'm starting to worry that we have two good guys who simply disagree about whether or not Fouts is the Avatar or Mummy. What happens if we get Fouts, and then the next one we go after (Lathum or Alan) is a good guy? Do we go after the other next?

I have no problem getting scanned myself -- I happen to know that I'm good, but no one else does, and it would be nice to be cleared. But I'm left to wonder...what is there that I have said that could be scanned?
Short of "I'm walking like an Egyptian here," which was my first post post-roles being sent out, I don't know that there is much that I have said that would give a good read on me. Plus, it's always better to nail a bad guy with a scan, rather than simply find a good guy.

My thoughts about Lathum actually have nothing to do with Fouts to be honest. Its about him being content to let everyone think he was seer scanned until he made the mistake of getting into an arguement with the seer who denied scanning him. Ever since he has backed off that story some. His reactions today however increased my confidence in my beliefs, and those do have some to do with how he was trying to give people reasons not to vote for Fouts
Old 06-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #2027
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote Fouts

It feels a bit too simple and easy, but I don't know where else to go.

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #2028
Vince
Pro Starter

*Lightbulb over Vince's Head*

Wow. That's a brilliant move by Lathum, if true. He KNOWS that Fouts is probably going to get lynched, so he comes out defending him. If/when Fouts gets lynched and comes up Avatar, he's looking REAL nice. Jeez, I can't believe it took me that long to figure out that's what you were saying.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:20 PM   #2029
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
dubb- Thats an interesting theory but why on earth would I call that kind of attention to myself. If I was the head necro I would keep my mouth shut knowing the avatar was going to be killed no matter what. I would have nothing to gain by making that kind of play on a day where the lynch candidate was so obvious.

Are you kidding? You have EVERYTHING to gain if that is the case. The whole idea is that Fouts is probably going to be lynched even if you are vocal against it, and being vocal against it clears you in a big way.

Assuming you are the head necromancer.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:21 PM   #2030
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum

B/C the avatar is going to be killed no what if he is the avatar. It's like 30-1 in favor of killing Fouts when you come out in support. You would have alot to gain on a day where the lynch candidate is set in stone, b/c your plan would have almost no chance of failing.

Those are always the best kind of plans.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:23 PM   #2031
Vince
Pro Starter

Put me now firmly in favor of somehow testing Lathum today.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:23 PM   #2032
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Of course, it could just mean that Lathum is a good player.

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 03:24 PM   #2033
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I agree but to me the risk vs. reward facton isn't there. IMO.

If you belive this theory then I invite you to scan me.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:28 PM   #2034
Fouts
College Starter

I have been summoned to protect the Egyptians. I promise to give in order to save the people. I assure you, I am not evil.

I am suspicious of those that voted for me quickly. [Barkeep, Alan, Qwik, SunDvls] They clearly are worried about how I can assist the Egyptians.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:29 PM   #2035
Vince
Pro Starter

Or, we could just scan "I have been summoned to protect the Egyptians." Might save us a lot of headaches.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #2036
Vince
Pro Starter

Dola, welcome Fouts! Hopefully you won't be axed right away, unless you are a filthy mummy, then hopefully you are killed as soon as possible
Old 06-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #2037
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
I have been summoned to protect the Egyptians. I promise to give in order to save the people. I assure you, I am not evil.

I am suspicious of those that voted for me quickly. [Barkeep, Alan, Qwik, SunDvls] They clearly are worried about how I can assist the Egyptians.

Greatest post of the day. The one guy I've cleared, the one guy who never wavered in his support of our seer, and a guy supposedly scanned by the seer are all bad, you have to love fouts.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #2038
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
*Lightbulb over Vince's Head*

Wow. That's a brilliant move by Lathum, if true. He KNOWS that Fouts is probably going to get lynched, so he comes out defending him. If/when Fouts gets lynched and comes up Avatar, he's looking REAL nice. Jeez, I can't believe it took me that long to figure out that's what you were saying.

This is ridiculous. The head necro would keep their mouth shut, and join in the bandwagon.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:31 PM   #2039
st.cronin
General Manager

rofl

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:31 PM   #2040
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Dola, welcome Fouts! Hopefully you won't be axed right away, unless you are a filthy mummy, then hopefully you are killed as soon as possible

Yeah, nice time to join a game. Lets lynch someone before they get time to say hello.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:31 PM   #2041
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Or, we could just scan "I have been summoned to protect the Egyptians." Might save us a lot of headaches.
Actually it doesn't answer the Lathum question. Finding out what he is would be very interesting more so at this point.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:31 PM   #2042
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This is ridiculous. The head necro would keep their mouth shut, and join in the bandwagon.

Been there done that. Some people MIGHT, but no way I would. With that in mind I have to keep open the possibility that if it is a play I would make, someone else might just be ballsy enough to make it too.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:32 PM   #2043
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Greatest post of the day. The one guy I've cleared, the one guy who never wavered in his support of our seer, and a guy supposedly scanned by the seer are all bad, you have to love fouts.

Who said they were bad? I said I am suspicious of anyone who votes to kill the Avatar. Clearly the necros want me eliminated quickly.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:33 PM   #2044
hoopsguy
General Manager

Here is how I show the votes as of Post #2041:

Fouts - Barkeep (1862), Alan T (1864), Qwikshot (1887), SnDvls (1893), Saldana (1904), Chubby (1928), Schmidty (1937), Kingfc (1956), Path (1967), Anxiety (2027)

Alan T - Lathum (1912)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 03:33 PM   #2045
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Who said they were bad? I said I am suspicious of anyone who votes to kill the Avatar. Clearly the necros want me eliminated quickly.

Well, minus Alan, you pretty much just accused my circle of trust of being "suspicious".
Old 06-23-2006, 03:34 PM   #2046
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

bring on the scan
Old 06-23-2006, 03:34 PM   #2047
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Been there done that. Some people MIGHT, but no way I would. With that in mind I have to keep open the possibility that if it is a play I would make, someone else might just be ballsy enough to make it too.

Here dubb, Mr. Soothsayer, scan this.

I am the Avatar. I have come to help the eqyptians. This is a true statement.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:34 PM   #2048
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Frankly I hope Lathum IS the head necro at this point. I would so admire his move and admire dubb for latching onto it. Good werewolf play is a sight to behold and I could say I witnessed it.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:34 PM   #2049
kingfc22
Head Coach

unvote Fouts

I'm going to sit back and see what happens. I think dubb should test Fouts first post. #2034.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:34 PM   #2050
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Here is how I show the votes as of Post #2041:

Fouts - Barkeep (1862), Alan T (1864), Qwikshot (1887), SnDvls (1893), Saldana (1904), Chubby (1928), Schmidty (1937), Kingfc (1956), Path (1967), Anxiety (2027)

Alan T - Lathum (1912)

Does the Avatar get a vote?