Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2007, 01:19 PM   #2051
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

We really, really need to coordinate our service buying efforts. We need to set a plan in motion for the hiring of services and send in PMs now. Let's look at the services first:

Critical services

Macro Gothicus, barbarian turned citizen for his service during wartime (duh, #1)
Ardentus Enthusiastus, lawyer (our seer people!)

Almost critical

Durus Pimpus, dealer in sexual slaves (role blocker)
Maximus Maximus, ex-legionnaire (bodyguard)

If we want to use our seer, we need to control the pimp. Plus, if we control the pimp, we have no reason to fear announcing what services we purchase. I'm not sure the bodyguard stops a poisoning, but just in case, the first one goes here. If we lose Macro somehow, both BGs rise to to importance.

Good to have, but not as critical

Vitus Avidus, ex-legionnaire (bodyguard)

If we hire Macro, the second BG becomes of little importance (as noted)/

Remaining services

Balbus Senna, political philosopher from Corsica
Faustus Felix, owner of many horses
Bonus Oceanus, owner of many horses

These services are of no use to us, IMO. No one with a chance of getting a service should be bidding on these. Let them fall lower and see if anyone else can put them to good use.

Following, a plan to try to follow to get these services.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:32 PM   #2052
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I was suspicious of Neon (A couple of people who actually bothered to express an opinion seemed to share) but I was also hoping to get a scan of him to establish his identity. Now it looks like someone might not have wanted that to happen. It could be Neon or it could be someone else who want to have him executed.

I'm going to review Neon's posts to try and pinpoint what I find suspicious. (other than the obvious "don't scan me" bit). Unfortunately probably not tonight. To be honest though, I'm not a huge fan of the "If you think I'm guilty and I'm not then you must be guilty" argument Neon applied to me, KWhit and Autumn.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:36 PM   #2053
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Ironhead had some theory about either Pass or Chubby being guilty. Could he repeat it now that it seems to be pretty relevent to the lynch vote. .
Old 04-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #2054
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm also currently trying to formulate some suspicions I have about Coffee. He seems to have been given a free ride over assassainating someone in a key position and then coming out and saying that saldana was a villager. Again that is probably going to have to wait until tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:39 PM   #2055
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
To be honest though, I'm not a huge fan of the "If you think I'm guilty and I'm not then you must be guilty" argument Neon applied to me, KWhit and Autumn.

Oh, it has nothing to do with that.

My argument for KWhit and Autumn are regarding the post-counts, nothing to do with their thoughts of me.

My argument for you is that there are a lot of other guys out there who should be arrested (given that I'm a lawyer, and we lost the ability to scan an additional guy to the AE scan)

I'm out. See ya when I see ya.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:40 PM   #2056
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Here is a plan to hire these services. I'm not going to say we have to do this, but honestly, why would you not? If someone has a better plan, I would like to hear it. I am going to throw it some service purchase orders here, and I would like everyone so named to commit to doing it and send in the PM immediately. Then confirm that they have sent it.

Everyone so named needs to participate for it to work. If one of us doesn't do it, it fails. But if we all agree, and send in our PMs and confirm it, if anything goes awry the next day, we will know who "messed up" and who is likely a Tarq.

Really, unless you can come up with a betetr plan or sound reasoning for why this shouldn't work or isn't a good idea, I would expect any resistance to be evidence you are a Tarq and working against the Republic. Sorry to take the hard line, but at this point, we need someone to take control and ensure we get things done. I hope I will have backing in this.

Here is the plan:

Dodgeus Erchickus-- Bid for MACRO, the sword killer
Kayus Whitus-- Bid for ARDENT, lawyer
Abeus Anxietus-- Bid for DURUS PIMPUS, sex slave dealer

Ironus Headus-- Bid for MAXIMUS MAXIMUS, legionnaire/BG
Passus Caglius-- Bid for VITUS AVIDUS, legionnaire/BG

This should be all that is necessary to control the services. I would like to set up backup options, but I am uncertain of this because we start to get to more suspicious people (IMO). CoffeeWarlord and path12, though, have to be committed, because they are on the same level as Ironhead and Passacaglia. Wemust also lock down what they bid on.

Thusly, they should bid on:

Coffeus Yakus Warlordus-- Bid for MACRO, the sword killer
Pathus Twelvus-- Bid for ARDENT, lawyer

Narcizo and I are in the next wealth group, so we should submit backup bids as well. I will bid for the sex slave dealer, if Narcizo will bid for one of the legionnaires/BGs.

I would welcome backup bid commitments from Autumn, Barkeep and Peregrine, but we have some people who have been questioned here, so not sure if we can count on them. If they wish to participate and help, then they should announce their bid and confirm the PM sent.

Now, does anyone see any issues with this plan?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #2057
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm also currently trying to formulate some suspicions I have about Coffee. He seems to have been given a free ride over assassainating someone in a key position and then coming out and saying that saldana was a villager. Again that is probably going to have to wait until tomorrow.

I repeat, when I made the original post, I was still under the apparently mistaken impression that we got confirmation if we offed a Tarq.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 01:42 PM   #2058
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

OK. The latest I'm going to be here is around 15:00 Sunday. Please can I have input on who to arrest. I'm not going to be here again today. Sorry to cut and run without my usual essays but there's been a lot to take in and I don't have the same amount of time at the weekends.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:44 PM   #2059
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I HAVE SUBMITTED A BID FOR DURUS PIMPUS, A BACKUP BID.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:44 PM   #2060
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Quite simply, you have me bidding on someone that, assuming DC actually bids on, I cannot possibly get. What's the point?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:46 PM   #2061
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
I repeat, when I made the original post, I was still under the apparently mistaken impression that we got confirmation if we offed a Tarq.

Yeah I read that. Honestly speaking though you have to admit that you took very little flak for it and it's not exactly a comprehensive defence. And how do you now know that we don't get confirmation?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:49 PM   #2062
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah I read that. Honestly speaking though you have to admit that you took very little flak for it and it's not exactly a comprehensive defence. And how do you now know that we don't get confirmation?

Uh, 'cause noone has said we got a Tarq?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:51 PM   #2063
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Quite simply, you have me bidding on someone that, assuming DC actually bids on, I cannot possibly get. What's the point?

In case she messes up. And to get you to commit to whom you're bidding on. Would you rather bid on a useless horse owner?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #2064
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Just to follow up, the more we can get people to commit their service bids, the more we know where to look for Tarqs. Not choosing to so commit is suspicious in and of itself, once again, without damn good reason, IMO.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #2065
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Just to follow up, the more we can get people to commit their service bids, the more we know where to look for Tarqs. Not choosing to so commit is suspicious in and of itself, once again, without damn good reason, IMO.

I'll go along with this, but realize I disagree with your logic here. You're making it far too simplistic for the Tarqs to get a smidge of trust. They can kill at least 1 person a night at their leisure, we're trying to snuff out traitors with piss-poor information. Why WOULDN'T a Tarq just go along with this? They get free knowledge of who has what, and they still get their one kill.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:01 PM   #2066
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'll go along with this, but realize I disagree with your logic here. You're making it far too simplistic for the Tarqs to get a smidge of trust. They can kill at least 1 person a night at their leisure, we're trying to snuff out traitors with piss-poor information. Why WOULDN'T a Tarq just go along with this? They get free knowledge of who has what, and they still get their one kill.

But we have the bodyguards. We have the sword killer. We have the seers. Is it foolproof? Of course not. But right now, we're leaking kills and opportunities to gain information. At least this gives us some control over it.

Right now, we're shooting in the dark. Hell, even when we hit, we don't even know if we got a Tarq. At least with a certainty of who has offered what, we can trace actions (or lack thereof) to those people and eliminate them with arrests and executions. Either they will be Tarqs or lazy/apathetic/nonhelpful/etc. I don't see a downside to either sort being thrown from the rock.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:09 PM   #2067
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Alright, if we do this, we positively, absolutely have to have the whores in our pocket. Without them, we give the Tarqs a free roadmap of exactly who to use them on.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:10 PM   #2068
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Dola.

To expand on the above, the richest person we trust the most better bid on the whores.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:27 PM   #2069
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Ironhead had some theory about either Pass or Chubby being guilty. Could he repeat it now that it seems to be pretty relevent to the lynch vote. .

Yeah, I guess I'd like to hear that, too.

I'm down with CR's idea. My bid is sent.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:33 PM   #2070
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola.

To expand on the above, the richest person we trust the most better bid on the whores.

As long as the above bids are followed, the whores will be ours. Or we will know their assigned person is a Tarq (Anxiety).

Did you send in your bid?
Old 04-14-2007, 02:38 PM   #2071
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
As long as the above bids are followed, the whores will be ours. Or we will know their assigned person is a Tarq (Anxiety).

Did you send in your bid?

Just did.
Old 04-14-2007, 02:43 PM   #2072
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

First of all, I haven't been one of the top wealthy until yesterday. And I have used my powers for good, I've been one of the most open about what I've bought and what I've done with it since Day Two. I was the one to bring up what sex slaves do, for example.

I;m not posting at super high levels, but then again, I don;t always barring some serious notice my way early from the group or a very powerful role.

Besides, this is my 70th post in thread. You have 81. That;s not that big of a difference in terms of quiet vs loud.

Quote:
Here is my current trust list:

100% Trust

Chiefus Rumus (of course)

Good trust

Kayus Whitus
Passus Caglius
Narcizus Lispus
Mustangus Sallus

I feel pretty solid about this group right now. Kwhit did not have a faultless term as consul, but by and large he has been on the up and up and helping and active. Pass seems at least a little bit confirmed from the Mustang sword use. Narcizo has been one of the most helpful, analytical people in the game and Mustang was an original consul.

Moderate Trust

Ironus Headus
Ardentus Enthusiastus
Autumnus Leavus

Ironhead has done some things and announced others that have checked out, all in the name of good. I find him to be reasonably trustworthy. Ardent has drawn some looks for still being alive, but I really do believe he is being left there for us by the Tarqs to rouse suspicion. Everything he has said has checked out so far. Autumn has provided some very good analysis for a new player.

Moderate Distrust

Dodgeus Erchickus
Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus
Grammus Atticus
Pathus Twelvus
Peregrinus Barbarus
Neonus Chaosus

DC used to be higher but the continued issues of putting her wealth to good use, and our troubles overall with hiring services needs to fall at the feet of the most wealthy. At some point, I have to stop thinking there is a mess up and start wondering. So she drops to this list. She could go back up if she can successfully hire a critical service and use it in a demonstrative way for good. Barkeep has just had way too many issues as consul, and then he was on my short list as the possible patron of the Day One sword killer. Grammaticus is more personal. He has made a couple comments that struck me wrong, and he would be a veteran player who hasn't really made much of an impact. Path12 is another veteran member (although his posting is about right for what he does) who hasn't contributed much, and he was on my suspect list from the analysis. Peregrine is also on that list, and way too crafty a player to not be trusted by now if he is good. Neon's combativeness with Narcizo and some other "off" comments puts him here for me.

No Read/Uncertain

Abeus Anxietus
Coffeus Yakus Warlordus
Chubbus Chubbus
Daddyus Torgous
Tyrus Ithus

Anxiety has been extremely quiet. He should probably on a distrust list at this point. He is one of our wealthiest and in a position to help us, but I haven't heard anything from him. Still, the fact Ironhead got the sword killer today suggests there is no wolf in the top tier. I find it hard to believe the Tarqs wouldn't prioritize getting that service. I would feel a lot more comfortable if Anxiety was actively working with us and employing his wealth with us. Coffee had good clearing before and a vouching, but I sometimes think he is a candidate for conversion. He hasn't been as helpful as I had hoped he would be, plus he was as known good as anyone earlier in the game, and yet he still lives. No read on Chubby at all, of course, and now he's too poor to prove useful. DaddyTorgo has fallen to UTR status along with some of the other veteran players. He really hasn't contributed much to us that I have seen, much like Anxiety, path12 and Gramm. Tyrith has been kinda drop in with a comment and drop out sort. Hard to read that, although it can certainly be construed as suspicious.

To say I don't have a good feel for hardly anyone at this point would not be a stretch.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #2073
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here is a plan to hire these services. I'm not going to say we have to do this, but honestly, why would you not? If someone has a better plan, I would like to hear it. I am going to throw it some service purchase orders here, and I would like everyone so named to commit to doing it and send in the PM immediately. Then confirm that they have sent it.

Everyone so named needs to participate for it to work. If one of us doesn't do it, it fails. But if we all agree, and send in our PMs and confirm it, if anything goes awry the next day, we will know who "messed up" and who is likely a Tarq.

Really, unless you can come up with a betetr plan or sound reasoning for why this shouldn't work or isn't a good idea, I would expect any resistance to be evidence you are a Tarq and working against the Republic. Sorry to take the hard line, but at this point, we need someone to take control and ensure we get things done. I hope I will have backing in this.

Here is the plan:

Dodgeus Erchickus-- Bid for MACRO, the sword killer
Kayus Whitus-- Bid for ARDENT, lawyer
Abeus Anxietus-- Bid for DURUS PIMPUS, sex slave dealer

Ironus Headus-- Bid for MAXIMUS MAXIMUS, legionnaire/BG
Passus Caglius-- Bid for VITUS AVIDUS, legionnaire/BG

This should be all that is necessary to control the services. I would like to set up backup options, but I am uncertain of this because we start to get to more suspicious people (IMO). CoffeeWarlord and path12, though, have to be committed, because they are on the same level as Ironhead and Passacaglia. Wemust also lock down what they bid on.

Thusly, they should bid on:

Coffeus Yakus Warlordus-- Bid for MACRO, the sword killer
Pathus Twelvus-- Bid for ARDENT, lawyer

Narcizo and I are in the next wealth group, so we should submit backup bids as well. I will bid for the sex slave dealer, if Narcizo will bid for one of the legionnaires/BGs.

I would welcome backup bid commitments from Autumn, Barkeep and Peregrine, but we have some people who have been questioned here, so not sure if we can count on them. If they wish to participate and help, then they should announce their bid and confirm the PM sent.

Do I see issues? Yes. Let's say I'm the one getting the seer (and I'm not under your proposal, but the argument is malleable for any role they care about us not having). What's to stop the tarqs from killing me and slowing us down a day? Nothing. Hope that a legionnaire is used to protect me? Wouldn;t it have had to have been used yesterday on me in order to portect me today? So there is nothign we can do to keep them off me unless I was able to see ahead of time what I wanted and get protected by someone.

To recap, I bid on a legionaaire on Day X.

On Day X+1 I can put in a protection order.

On Day X+2, I am protected.

This is how it seems to be to me, although I've never had a BG, but that follows from other roles, bid on one day, win the following and submit an order, get he service the third day, that's how it worked for my sex slaves.

So, if I agree on Day X to place a bid for an important role, or even on Day X+1, then no one gets the benefit of that role if I am whacked. And you don;t have enough time to get a BG to clear me.

Old 04-14-2007, 02:51 PM   #2074
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
First of all, I haven't been one of the top wealthy until yesterday. And I have used my powers for good, I've been one of the most open about what I've bought and what I've done with it since Day Two. I was the one to bring up what sex slaves do, for example.

I;m not posting at super high levels, but then again, I don;t always barring some serious notice my way early from the group or a very powerful role.

Besides, this is my 70th post in thread. You have 81. That;s not that big of a difference in terms of quiet vs loud.

Well, your posts haven't mademuch of an impression on me then. I'm sorry if you find that disagreeable, but that's the case. I'm not saying you (or any of the others) have done nothing. It's just that I can pin down what many have contributed. You are one of the ones whose contributions and steady analysis don't immediately come to mind, and as I know and respect your quality as a WW player, that stands out to me.

You are critical to the plan I outlined above. Are you in? Will you submit a bid for the sex slaves?
Old 04-14-2007, 02:52 PM   #2075
Peregrine
Pro Starter

I'd be glad to put in a backup bid for whoever you'd like, CR. The bidding system seems like a good idea, though I'm not sure how much closer it will bring us to winning the game. The basic problem is we have nothing we can rely on, everything is potentially tainted. Even if we control the services, which is of course good, without a reliable role reveal we won't even know who we're executing.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:57 PM   #2076
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Do I see issues? Yes. Let's say I'm the one getting the seer (and I'm not under your proposal, but the argument is malleable for any role they care about us not having). What's to stop the tarqs from killing me and slowing us down a day? Nothing. Hope that a legionnaire is used to protect me? Wouldn;t it have had to have been used yesterday on me in order to portect me today? So there is nothign we can do to keep them off me unless I was able to see ahead of time what I wanted and get protected by someone.

To recap, I bid on a legionaaire on Day X.

On Day X+1 I can put in a protection order.

On Day X+2, I am protected.

This is how it seems to be to me, although I've never had a BG, but that follows from other roles, bid on one day, win the following and submit an order, get he service the third day, that's how it worked for my sex slaves.

So, if I agree on Day X to place a bid for an important role, or even on Day X+1, then no one gets the benefit of that role if I am whacked. And you don;t have enough time to get a BG to clear me.

If no one gets the benefit, that includes the Tarqs. It also proves (in death) that you are good, which narrows the pool for remaining Tarqs to hide in. And someone si going to die anyway from the wolves' poison. What makes you think, as someone of high wealth who is supposedly on the side of good, that you will not be a target anyway?

Everyone on this list is in danger. That much is obvious. But better that than just allow us to willynilly bid on services as we have been and watch us miss out continuously on information opportunities and losing second deaths to sword killers.

I have yet to hear a better plan.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:00 PM   #2077
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I'd be glad to put in a backup bid for whoever you'd like, CR. The bidding system seems like a good idea, though I'm not sure how much closer it will bring us to winning the game. The basic problem is we have nothing we can rely on, everything is potentially tainted. Even if we control the services, which is of course good, without a reliable role reveal we won't even know who we're executing.

Hopefully we can start to do that with the lawyers (seers) if we get control. We limit the rate with which we are dying by controlling the sword killer and bodyguards. And we stop plans to foil this by controlling the sex slave dealer.

This combined with two a day arrests and growing voting records will help us immensely in narrowing down our pool of Tarqs, IMO.
Old 04-14-2007, 03:20 PM   #2078
Lorena
Unregistered

I've been had one too many times in ww to be told what to do so I'm sorry if I don't go with the plan. All I can say is I have placed my bid and if I get it, I get it and if I don't, oh well.

If ya'll think I'm a Tarq for not going with the plan, the fucking arrsest my ass and get it the fuck over with. Sorry, but like I said earlier, I've been had once TOO MANY times to trust anyone that I have not scanned.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:43 PM   #2079
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
I've been had one too many times in ww to be told what to do so I'm sorry if I don't go with the plan. All I can say is I have placed my bid and if I get it, I get it and if I don't, oh well.

If ya'll think I'm a Tarq for not going with the plan, the fucking arrsest my ass and get it the fuck over with. Sorry, but like I said earlier, I've been had once TOO MANY times to trust anyone that I have not scanned.

So you're not going to go with the plan because you don't trust anyone (and I assume me included since I came up with the plan)? Or because you don't like being told what to do?

I'm not holding a gun to anyone's head. I am just saying if you choose not to participate, I have to assume you're a Tarq. The only way out of that, IMO, is showing us a better plan or why this is no better than what we are already doing.

Anxiety went about it the right way. He pointed out a flaw. I have responded to that as best as I can. I don't think his point is valid enough, though, because the flaw he pointed out is only a limitation in the plan, and doesn't actually stop the positive results from that plan. And he didn't present a plan that was better. But the point is, I understand his reticence. We need both of you to participate to make it work.

I am struggling to undertsand why you, in the position you are in as a wealthy senator, would not want to help us by bidding on the sword killer.

You don't trust anyone. Fine. Do you trust yourself? I assume you do. So who better to have the most critical service? You don't have to like the plan or do anything about it. Just bid on the sword killer for yourself, because you know you're loyal, and if you have the sword killer, he can't be used to kill anyone else.

If you have a major flaw with my plan or a better plan, please present it. I am open to ideas. We have time to change up. That's the sort of challenge that will show you're trying to help us win. I don't have any issues with someone with a rational critique of this plan

If you're just turning this down to be stubborn or because you don't like to be told what to do, well, then, yes, I agree with you--I will push hard to arrest you and see you thrown off the first rock we find.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:04 PM   #2080
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'd like to backup bid for Ardent, if that's ok. This seems like a great plan that CR has formulated and I am all for it. We need to control the actions of the game and this does it. I wish CR were available to be consul since this plan really thrusts him to the forefront of my trust list, despite his distrust of me.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:06 PM   #2081
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'd also point out to Anxiety that it seems as though the deaths happen BEFORE the bid. So the Tarqs wouldn't have a reason to take you down as the backup bidder would win the service.
Old 04-14-2007, 04:06 PM   #2082
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I base that on the order of the posts cronin does (lawsuits, arrests, services).
Old 04-14-2007, 04:10 PM   #2083
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I'd also point out to Anxiety that it seems as though the deaths happen BEFORE the bid. So the Tarqs wouldn't have a reason to take you down as the backup bidder would win the service.

incorrect

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:11 PM   #2084
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:
In case she messes up. And to get you to commit to whom you're bidding on. Would you rather bid on a useless horse owner?

Chief, how do you expect I react when you're basicly quoting what I said when I forgot to send my PM? Of course I'm pissed I wanted to know the allegiance of 1 person and I fucked it up. So because I fucked up does that mean I'm a Tarq? C'mon Chief, how many times have we played together and how many times have I missed a vote? With the exception of this game... none... zilch, NADA.

Quote:

Quote:

Exactly what he said. I'm afraid that if I let it be known who I bid on, then I'll be a free target to get killed at night.

I like your idea Chief, I just don't know where your allegiance lies so I'm a little hesitant to go with it at this point.

Old 04-14-2007, 04:12 PM   #2085
Ironhead
College Prospect

Anxiety, you should have received a vistor last night. Any reason why you haven't posted anything about it yet?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:13 PM   #2086
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Chief, how do you expect I react when you're basicly quoting what I said when I forgot to send my PM? Of course I'm pissed I wanted to know the allegiance of 1 person and I fucked it up. So because I fucked up does that mean I'm a Tarq? C'mon Chief, how many times have we played together and how many times have I missed a vote? With the exception of this game... none... zilch, NADA.

Exactly what he said. I'm afraid that if I let it be known who I bid on, then I'll be a free target to get killed at night.

I like your idea Chief, I just don't know where your allegiance lies so I'm a little hesitant to go with it at this point.

Someone is going to die at the end of the day and take one for the team so that the rest of us may live. Yes it might be you, but it might be me. I mean why did they take out hoops? SnDvls? Even Alan seems of marginal value. The Tarqs seem to be operating on their own agenda. Perhaps they are limited in who they can kill? I dunno. But I do know that someone is going to have to take one for the team. The question is do we gain any benefit from that event or not?
Old 04-14-2007, 04:46 PM   #2087
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I didn't quote what you said. Nothing I said was aimed at you directly. I responded the way I did to Coffee Warlord because he is your backup bid. It wasn't some criticque of your play, and I don't have any doubt you don't miss votes. You're an attentive and active player. This is a situation where you are reading something personal when, really, there is not. I don't know any other way to put it. If I was speaking with Narcizo about backing up Passacaglia on bodygaurds, I would have said "in case he messes up", see? It had nothing to do with you. It just happened that Coffee Warlord was assigned to be your backup, and he's the one that asked that question.

Backup bids are also important because they give us a point to move forward with, and, yes, because you could be killed. If you're killed, the backup gets the bid. And if the backup doesn't get th ebid, then we know someone above that person in the wealth chain is likely a Tarq, and did different htna what he said he would do. This gives us a much smaller pool of Tarq candidates.

Quote:

As Barkeep pointed out, someone is going to die anyway at the deadline. The wolves will still poison someone, I guarantee it. I'm not even sure a bodyguard can stop that. The wealthy are targets anyway. It is very likely you, or Anxiety or KWhit will die bidding on these services. That's why we have backups.

But don't think you're alone. Do you think I don't have a target on my back? Do you not think the Tarqs are very much wishing now they had killed me a night ago and hoops a night before that? Ardent is still a strong target. Peregrine is the tribune. We will be voting in two new consuls who will also be targets. There are a lot of targets.

Mistrust me all you want. That is the nature of WW.

Just ask yourself this question, one I have already proposed to you. Who do you trust in this game? Only yourself, right? You are virtually guaranteed to get any service you want. The most critical service is the sword killer, don't you agree? In your opinion, who better to control the most critical service than you? If you don't do it for the plan, do it for yourself as a loyal Senator.

You may not trust me. But you do trust yourself.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:00 PM   #2088
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If no one gets the benefit, that includes the Tarqs. It also proves (in death) that you are good, which narrows the pool for remaining Tarqs to hide in. And someone si going to die anyway from the wolves' poison. What makes you think, as someone of high wealth who is supposedly on the side of good, that you will not be a target anyway?

Everyone on this list is in danger. That much is obvious. But better that than just allow us to willynilly bid on services as we have been and watch us miss out continuously on information opportunities and losing second deaths to sword killers.

I have yet to hear a better plan.

Okay, let's do it today and today only, then if it works, we can keep it up, and if it fails, it fails. Fair enough?

Old 04-14-2007, 05:01 PM   #2089
Lorena
Unregistered

Chief, I trust Autumn and myself. I had AE scan Autumn on what... day 3 I think and there was no evidence of wrongdoing. My guess is he's either 100% clean, or he didn't do anything THAT DAY. I've never been a wolf so I don't know the mechanics of how night kills happen who gets assigned what or whatnot. This game is different so I don't know anything on how the Tarqs work either.

And BK you're right, someone has to take one for the team and if that's me, so be it.

Narc, you wanted someone to arrest, arrest me. I seem to have dropped in trust so if this is the only way to gain it back, then by all means do it. Actually, I'll be fairly dissapointed if I'm not.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:02 PM   #2090
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Anxiety, you should have received a vistor last night. Any reason why you haven't posted anything about it yet?

Only pm I got from this morning's change over is telling me who I won on the market and what I can do with him. No one visited me.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #2091
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

What is good about the plan is, it gives us some grounding information to build upon. If everyone bids as expected, we know who had the ability to do what and can analyze the results with better chances of getting a Tarq identified via analysis.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #2092
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post

I am 90% sure that Ardent Enthusiast is a Tarq. I haven't received a single PM concerning the "identity" of dead people. Of course, I've always been a horrible analysis guy... so, there.

I'd normally ask you to place a friendly wager on something like this.

Instead, I'm simply going to quote this in every post I have from now on. You'll eat these words.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:23 PM   #2093
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
What is good about the plan is, it gives us some grounding information to build upon. If everyone bids as expected, we know who had the ability to do what and can analyze the results with better chances of getting a Tarq identified via analysis.
I'm not sure that's true, but it should slow down the Tarqs at the very least. I mean we've now lost two goods due to the Tarqs gaining the swordsman.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #2094
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
incorrect
When's the next deadline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post

I am 90% sure that Ardent Enthusiast is a Tarq. I haven't received a single PM concerning the "identity" of dead people. Of course, I've always been a horrible analysis guy... so, there.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:31 PM   #2095
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Backup bids are also important because they give us a point to move forward with, and, yes, because you could be killed. If you're killed, the backup gets the bid. And if the backup doesn't get th ebid, then we know someone above that person in the wealth chain is likely a Tarq, and did different htna what he said he would do. This gives us a much smaller pool of Tarq candidates.

As Barkeep pointed out, someone is going to die anyway at the deadline. The wolves will still poison someone, I guarantee it. I'm not even sure a bodyguard can stop that. The wealthy are targets anyway. It is very likely you, or Anxiety or KWhit will die bidding on these services. That's why we have backups.
How do you know this about the underlined part? I was thinking it would depend upon the order of events. I believe someone asked st.cronin if the lawsuits were run first (changing the wealth) or the bids. I think hoops asked the question and I believe that st.cronins answer was bids first and law suits apply wealth change after that. I also assumed the Tarq kills would go last as that is a standars WW mechanic. If that is the case the bids could happen first, the deaths. So if I win a bid on the sword killer and get killed by poison (we think Tarqs), then the swork killer may go unused for the day.

st.cronin, do the Tarq kills go before or after the bids are resolved?
Old 04-14-2007, 05:33 PM   #2096
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Chief, I trust Autumn and myself. I had AE scan Autumn on what... day 3 I think and there was no evidence of wrongdoing. My guess is he's either 100% clean, or he didn't do anything THAT DAY. I've never been a wolf so I don't know the mechanics of how night kills happen who gets assigned what or whatnot. This game is different so I don't know anything on how the Tarqs work either.

And BK you're right, someone has to take one for the team and if that's me, so be it.

Narc, you wanted someone to arrest, arrest me. I seem to have dropped in trust so if this is the only way to gain it back, then by all means do it. Actually, I'll be fairly dissapointed if I'm not.

DC, what kind of info so you get on a scan? Does it tell you the senator is Republican or Tarq? Does it say good guy or bad guy, etc?
Old 04-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #2097
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:

I didn't finish the point I was trying to make. If the top wealthy and the counsel are or the Republic, then the wealthy should be arrested, hire a laywer to prove their innocence and if they're innocent great and if they're not then we got a Tarq.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:35 PM   #2098
st.cronin
General Manager

The order of events is, the services are awarded first (although the pms do not go out until the other stuff is processed). Then comes the other stuff, jail, lynch, kills, etc. The bids do not get re-awarded if the person awarded the bids gets killed.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:38 PM   #2099
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I'm not sure that's true, but it should slow down the Tarqs at the very least. I mean we've now lost two goods due to the Tarqs gaining the swordsman.

See, I don't know if this is entirely true. I don't know if the Tarqs made two sword kills or a Republican made one or both and does not want to fess up.
Old 04-14-2007, 05:41 PM   #2100
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Regarding the votes for rock diving, is Chubby playing?