Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-05-2006, 09:47 AM   #2051
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Nice skin. Me like it.
Old 06-05-2006, 11:26 AM   #2052
MJ4H
Coordinator

I like the skin, too. I have also noticed a performance increase with this skin. For instance, when I drag players around in tactics view it is much smoother.

Are there other popular skins out there that are popular or well thought-of that I can try to see if I get a performance increase or are easier on the eyes? This is such a huge improvement, I want to see if there isn't more I've been missing out there.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:37 AM   #2053
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

jus had one of those moments last night where you get way too into the game.

got drawn against ManU in the knockout round of the CL.

game 1: all-world WB L Fabio Grosso gets sent off on a BS call in the 4th minute. I manage to go up 1-0 before the Devils tie it up midway thru. pull out a stunning 2-1 win away.

game 2: I take an early 1-0 lead but ManU strike back and score two unanswered to take the lead on away goals in like the 78th minute or so. I throw caution to the wind and push everyone forward, throwing on 3 offensive subs. we manage to score in the 84th minute to take the aggregate lead back and close out the game surviving a late ManU rush.

and yeah I was yelling and exhorting my boys on

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-05-2006 at 11:40 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:38 AM   #2054
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

By the by, I have #1 on my wishlist for future versions of FM.

Make. Save. Files. Importable.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:55 AM   #2055
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord

seconded

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:07 PM   #2056
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Um.. DT, if you won 2-1 away, and were down 2-1 at home.. it's tied, ain't it? 3-3 and 2 away goals for each
Old 06-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #2057
Galaril
Pro Starter

Is it possible to setup the current world cup with the real teams as a stand alone I guess like in say the action-style soccer games ie FIFA or Winning Eleven?

Last edited by Galaril : 06-05-2006 at 12:28 PM.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:44 PM   #2058
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

No, FM does not support create a cup or that kind of thing.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:53 PM   #2059
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
Is it possible to setup the current world cup with the real teams as a stand alone I guess like in say the action-style soccer games ie FIFA or Winning Eleven?

Might be possible for us to make inhouse - but not for a user I'm afraid ...
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:00 PM   #2060
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
At the moment judging physio's is very difficult because of this (you have to really go by their 'work' as much as anything) ... we're changing this in the future though don't worry (apologies for any inconvenience).

Just a thought regarding this...could it be possible to make a physio history, where his 'stats' would include information about players developing injuries while under his care?
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #2061
scooter
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord

It's a nice thought, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The SI boys have stated in the past that this is pretty much impossible with all the changes to the game engine, and more importantly, the yearly changes that occur in league and competition rules.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:15 PM   #2062
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
It's a nice thought, but I wouldn't hold my breath. The SI boys have stated in the past that this is pretty much impossible with all the changes to the game engine, and more importantly, the yearly changes that occur in league and competition rules.

I know, I know.

But there's got to be a point where it MIGHT be feasible. The game as it stands is pretty damn rock solid. Is it really necessary to monkey with the guts of the game to the point where backwards compatibility is always out the window?

(Of course, as a programmer, I know the answer to this, but I'm hoping!)
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #2063
Flasch186
Coordinator

i am absolutely LOVING this new skin!!! Thanks, totally freshened up my game and career.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 06-05-2006, 02:15 PM   #2064
aran
High School Varsity

For physios it's be great to have stats like "Injury Length Estimation" and "Treatment Length over Average". ILE would be a percentage of times where the physios estimate of injury length is within a reasonable number of standard deviations from the injury's true length. TLoA would be a percentage indicating how much faster or slower this phsyio helps players heal than the average physio in the nation, continent, world, whatever.
aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:18 PM   #2065
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aran
For physios it's be great to have stats like "Injury Length Estimation" and "Treatment Length over Average". ILE would be a percentage of times where the physios estimate of injury length is within a reasonable number of standard deviations from the injury's true length. TLoA would be a percentage indicating how much faster or slower this phsyio helps players heal than the average physio in the nation, continent, world, whatever.

Yeah, tying something like that in with the suggestion I made earlier would be ideal to me.

One way I gauge their ability is to look at their reputation. In my current dynasty with Man U, I had two physios each rated "world class". Then one of my players retired and was classifield as a physio. I figured, what the hell, I'll pick him up for a year, see if I can boost his rep a bit. Well, I don't know if its a coincidence or not, but I had more injuries in that one season than I had in the four years since I joined the club. It could be that my team was getting pretty old, therefore more susceptible to injury, but either way, I didn't take any chances and let the new guy go. I'm just starting the new season, so time will tell.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:41 PM   #2066
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

If you want an alternative skin try this one...

http://www.throw-in.com/index.php?ac...1&sub=4&id=317

This guy created one that looks like itunes. It's kinda cool actually.

Last edited by MikeVick7 : 06-05-2006 at 02:42 PM.
MikeVick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #2067
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan
Might be possible for us to make inhouse - but not for a user I'm afraid ...

This would be a nice thing to release if at all possible during the world cup. I know it is kind of late but it could have been good to grab at the World Cup fever. In the us there isn't much of it but having lived overseas 12 years I know it can be pretty exciting during cup time.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:09 PM   #2068
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7
If you want an alternative skin try this one...

http://www.throw-in.com/index.php?ac...1&sub=4&id=317

This guy created one that looks like itunes. It's kinda cool actually.

That one looks interesting. Do the play, rewind, and ff buttons do anything?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #2069
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
That one looks interesting. Do the play, rewind, and ff buttons do anything?
Yeah, they just work like the reverse and forward buttons on any other skin. The play button is the continue and the reverse and forward buttons just go back and forth to the different screens that you've gone to if you're like searching the transfer list...etc.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:24 PM   #2070
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Um.. DT, if you won 2-1 away, and were down 2-1 at home.. it's tied, ain't it? 3-3 and 2 away goals for each

blah. so i must have gotten it wrong. i was posting that from my phone at work. let me load up the game and check it out.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:35 PM   #2071
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

okay so it was 2-1 at home and then 1-1 away.
Old 06-05-2006, 04:42 PM   #2072
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Here's another question -- in older versions, I used to be able to view a little graph which charted my team's standing in whatever league I was in throughout each week. Do they still have that?
Old 06-05-2006, 05:39 PM   #2073
SunDevil
College Prospect

I just wanted to say that I held out long enough. After 41 pages, 2000+ posts and 40,000+ views, I can no longer ignore or try to fend off the power that is WWSM 2006. I will be purchasing it tonight, where my journey into sleepless nights will begin. I hardly know anything about soccer but I figure to give it a good shot in trying to understand this game. I figure by the time I can play this game in any kind of average way, OOTP 2006 will have at least 2 or 3 patches.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #2074
SunDevil
College Prospect

dola

Also just wanted to say to Marc that I respect and appreciate how he handles the communication between the customers and his company.
Old 06-05-2006, 05:43 PM   #2075
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think for your first time, you need to jump into an international league, not the MLS
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:45 PM   #2076
SunDevil
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
Leagues that you call "open" are leagues that the game will simulate with complete player stats and in which you can go manage if you want to someday. By selecting some leagues, you creat what I call a "Football Universe" (that's my term) in which simulation will happen. The more leagues you select, the more processing will be needed and the slower the game will go from one day to the other.

For example, my current dynasty in FM2005 (though it's similar to one diffence in FM2006, I'll explain later) has the following leagues selected:
England (from League One and up)
France (top division)
Germany (top division)
Spain (top division)
Italy (top division)
Holland (top division)
Scotland (top division)

Or just about, something like 7 countries, 10 leagues. This means if I get sacked at QPR, I could apply for a job in any of these countries, or in a lower level in England. I tried starting a game with 10 countries and 15 or 17 leagues and it wasn't running fast enough for me.

As for the difference between FM2005 and FM2006, from what I understand by reading the SI forum, you can now select leagues with "basic details". These leagues are not manageable (i.e. you can't go take over a team in these leagues) but the games are still simmed with a very basic engine, thus generating a league table, helping the immersion factor even more, at a very small cost in term of processing time.

FM

I was thinking of doing this. Is this still a good option in this version?
Old 06-05-2006, 05:59 PM   #2077
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i was just thinking this earlier: are there any other games (short of FM05) that were released that have remained so consistently active and on the top couple pages of the forum for so long?

any other threads? cept the MF thread of course.
Old 06-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #2078
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil

Yes or maybe just one league with all levels for a start.
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:13 PM   #2079
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
i was just thinking this earlier: are there any other games (short of FM05) that were released that have remained so consistently active and on the top couple pages of the forum for so long?

any other threads? cept the MF thread of course.

I think there are two reasons which make this thread so durable: First, it is an EXCELLENT game. Second, the SI boards are a nightmare. We have no choice but to come here if we have questions.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:29 PM   #2080
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
I think for your first time, you need to jump into an international league, not the MLS

Bug would say the MLS is harder to play as in FM2006?
Old 06-05-2006, 06:31 PM   #2081
scooter
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Here's another question -- in older versions, I used to be able to view a little graph which charted my team's standing in whatever league I was in throughout each week. Do they still have that?

Yeah. If you go to the League Standings page for your league (or any other leagues you have selected), click on the "Pos" number on the left - it will show a graph of the position of the team you choose for the season. One of my favorites.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:37 PM   #2082
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
Yeah. If you go to the League Standings page for your league (or any other leagues you have selected), click on the "Pos" number on the left - it will show a graph of the position of the team you choose for the season. One of my favorites.

Thanks, I'll try it! I just tried the itunes skin, too -- it looks pretty cool! I don't really use itunes, but I like it. Maybe it will inspire me to use itunes now..
Old 06-05-2006, 06:53 PM   #2083
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I just wanted to say that I held out long enough. After 41 pages, 2000+ posts and 40,000+ views, I can no longer ignore or try to fend off the power that is WWSM 2006. I will be purchasing it tonight, where my journey into sleepless nights will begin. I hardly know anything about soccer but I figure to give it a good shot in trying to understand this game. I figure by the time I can play this game in any kind of average way, OOTP 2006 will have at least 2 or 3 patches.

I'm a new player this year. Found the disk version of wsm in a Gamestop and picked it up. The learning curve is steep if, like me, you know nothing of "football" but well worth the effort. Stick with it, don't give up, and I know people here don't like the SI boards but go there and read some of the topics in the tactics forums. I probably printed out 50 pages from different posts there that taught me a lot. And of course the bonus of more reading material for the throne room.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:57 PM   #2084
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
Leagues that you call "open" are leagues that the game will simulate with complete player stats and in which you can go manage if you want to someday. By selecting some leagues, you creat what I call a "Football Universe" (that's my term) in which simulation will happen. The more leagues you select, the more processing will be needed and the slower the game will go from one day to the other.

For example, my current dynasty in FM2005 (though it's similar to one diffence in FM2006, I'll explain later) has the following leagues selected:
England (from League One and up)
France (top division)
Germany (top division)
Spain (top division)
Italy (top division)
Holland (top division)
Scotland (top division)

Or just about, something like 7 countries, 10 leagues. This means if I get sacked at QPR, I could apply for a job in any of these countries, or in a lower level in England. I tried starting a game with 10 countries and 15 or 17 leagues and it wasn't running fast enough for me.

As for the difference between FM2005 and FM2006, from what I understand by reading the SI forum, you can now select leagues with "basic details". These leagues are not manageable (i.e. you can't go take over a team in these leagues) but the games are still simmed with a very basic engine, thus generating a league table, helping the immersion factor even more, at a very small cost in term of processing time.

FM

Quote:

I believe this is the same post I used when setting up my leauge. I took out Germany and Holland and added Wales and Ireland top to bottom. I thought it would help since I was starting out unemployed in the UK to have other small leagues to try to find players.

My computer is a few years old but has a 1.256 gig or ram and a 2 gig p4 processor and has no trouble running the game. At least not yet
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:59 PM   #2085
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed
I'm a new player this year. Found the disk version of wsm in a Gamestop and picked it up. The learning curve is steep if, like me, you know nothing of "football" but well worth the effort. Stick with it, don't give up, and I know people here don't like the SI boards but go there and read some of the topics in the tactics forums. I probably printed out 50 pages from different posts there that taught me a lot. And of course the bonus of more reading material for the throne room.

I wouldn't say it's any steeper than FOF or any of the .400 games.

Just keep this in mind:

GK: Handling
DC: Jumping, heading

Everybody else: Teamwork, passing

You'll be fine.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:03 PM   #2086
Easy Mac

probably asked, but, does anyone else seem to suffer from a midseason swoon every year? No matter what i do, my team always tanks in the middle of the season. two years on a row with new york, i gained 3 points from 12 games each season, right in the middle of my schedule. i know that coaches adapt to your tactics, but i just think the game compensates too much. i mean, each year i went from 1 to last in the division. no major injuries either year, and at the end of the years i finished 5th and 4th, and both times my team had around 5 players in the top 20 in avg rating, and i had the mls player of the year both times. i changed up tactics, tried everything, but both seasons my team just collapsed in midseason. any ideas why? they didn't seem tired.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:46 PM   #2087
SunDevil
College Prospect

Thanks Sweed, BreizhManu, and MrBug708
Old 06-05-2006, 08:57 PM   #2088
Galaril
Pro Starter

Ok, i am thinking of taking the plunge and after playing the demo and reading about htis great soccer game all these years finally go ahead and buy it. Anyways I was wondering if there is anywhere where I can find acomplete list of international teams in the game as well as leagues? I haven't been able to find it anywhere, and strangely enough not even on the SI site.

Last edited by Galaril : 06-05-2006 at 08:58 PM.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:00 PM   #2089
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Second, the SI boards are a nightmare. We have no choice but to come here if we have questions.

I have fond memories of the old days (circa 2000-2001ish) when the board (some of the forums anyways, like Off-Topic and Strategies) was actually pretty good. I don't even think I've visited it in the last year and a half.
Old 06-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #2090
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
Ok, i am thinking of taking the plunge and after playing the demo and reading about htis great soccer game all these years finally go ahead and buy it. Anyways I was wondering if there is anywhere where I can find acomplete list of international teams in the game as well as leagues? I haven't been able to find it anywhere, and strangely enough not even on the SI site.

Every international team in the world is in the game, you can control about 70 of them (they have to have enough players in the database to do so)

There's more then 50 + nations and most have more then 1 league.. do you want the list?
Old 06-05-2006, 09:37 PM   #2091
Flasch186
Coordinator

unbelieveably in the first World Cup game for wales both of my GK's got hurt and have been out. Game 2, we won 5-3 while I had a striker play GK, but here comes game 3 and I dont know if Ill have one of them back. I love this game.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 06-05-2006, 09:38 PM   #2092
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186
unbelieveably in the first World Cup game for wales both of my GK's got hurt and have been out. Game 2, we won 5-3 while I had a striker play GK, but here comes game 3 and I dont know if Ill have one of them back. I love this game.

you only took 2?? this is why you GOTTA take 3
Old 06-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #2093
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186

I hate injuries in these situations. I am currently managing Portugal. Having just played the 2016 European Championships, we had 7 starters injured (either in matches or training) by the time the first match ended. Needless to say, we were bounced pretty quickly.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #2094
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Every international team in the world is in the game, you can control about 70 of them (they have to have enough players in the database to do so)

There's more then 50 + nations and most have more then 1 league.. do you want the list?

If you have it and you could posyt it or send it to me that would great.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:26 PM   #2095
BreizhManu
College Benchwarmer

From wikipedia (hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Manager_2006) :

Playable leagues

Football Manager 2006 contains the same playable leagues as Football Manager 2005 but with 2 small additions. The French league now has a fourth viewable but unplayable level (the CFA division), and the structural change to the Swedish league involving the re-instatement of Division One has been implemented, with Division Two retained as a playable fourth level.
Country Levels Divisions
Argentina 2 2
Australia 1 1
Austria 2 2
Belarus 2 2
Belgium 3 4
Brazil 3 18
Bulgaria 2 2
Chile 2 4
China 2 2
Colombia 2 2
Croatia 2 3
Czech Republic 2 2
Denmark 3 3
England 6 7
Finland 2 2
France 3 3
Germany 3 4
Greece 2 2
Hong Kong 1 1
Hungary 2 2
Iceland 2 2
India 1 1
Indonesia 2 3
Ireland 2 2
Israel 2 2
Italy 4 7
Malaysia 2 3
Mexico 2 2
The Netherlands 2 2
Northern Ireland 3 3
Norway 3 6
Peru 1 1
Poland 2 2
Portugal 3 5
Romania 2 4
Russia 2 2
Scotland 4 4
Serbia & Montenegro 2 3
Singapore 1 1
Slovakia 2 2
Slovenia 2 2
South Africa 2 2
South Korea 2 2
Spain 3 6
Sweden 3 8
Switzerland 2 2
Turkey 3 5
Ukraine 2 2
United States 1 1
Uruguay 2 2
Wales 1 1

Each division is made of 8 (I think there is nothing under) to 24 teams (might be more in Brazil, I'm not sure), all playable.

And for Brazil it is not really 18 but more like 3 since there are National and State championships (with the same teams).

Oh and for international teams, it depends on the database you use, I know that for older versions of the game, any country with more than 250 players activated in the game was available for international management, I guess it has not changed that much. Marc V could probably tell you more about this.

Last edited by BreizhManu : 06-05-2006 at 10:32 PM.
BreizhManu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #2096
SunDevil
College Prospect

I downloaded the game and get it all installed. But I do not see my registration key in the email anywhere? Any tips? Of course having this much trouble trying to find the registration key should forshadow my challenge with this game.
Old 06-05-2006, 10:57 PM   #2097
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreizhManu
From wikipedia (hxxp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_Manager_2006) :

Playable leagues

Football Manager 2006 contains the same playable leagues as Football Manager 2005 but with 2 small additions. The French league now has a fourth viewable but unplayable level (the CFA division), and the structural change to the Swedish league involving the re-instatement of Division One has been implemented, with Division Two retained as a playable fourth level.
Country Levels Divisions
Argentina 2 2
Australia 1 1
Austria 2 2
Belarus 2 2
Belgium 3 4
Brazil 3 18
Bulgaria 2 2
Chile 2 4
China 2 2
Colombia 2 2
Croatia 2 3
Czech Republic 2 2
Denmark 3 3
England 6 7
Finland 2 2
France 3 3
Germany 3 4
Greece 2 2
Hong Kong 1 1
Hungary 2 2
Iceland 2 2
India 1 1
Indonesia 2 3
Ireland 2 2
Israel 2 2
Italy 4 7
Malaysia 2 3
Mexico 2 2
The Netherlands 2 2
Northern Ireland 3 3
Norway 3 6
Peru 1 1
Poland 2 2
Portugal 3 5
Romania 2 4
Russia 2 2
Scotland 4 4
Serbia & Montenegro 2 3
Singapore 1 1
Slovakia 2 2
Slovenia 2 2
South Africa 2 2
South Korea 2 2
Spain 3 6
Sweden 3 8
Switzerland 2 2
Turkey 3 5
Ukraine 2 2
United States 1 1
Uruguay 2 2
Wales 1 1

Each division is made of 8 (I think there is nothing under) to 24 teams (might be more in Brazil, I'm not sure), all playable.

And for Brazil it is not really 18 but more like 3 since there are National and State championships (with the same teams).

Oh and for international teams, it depends on the database you use, I know that for older versions of the game, any country with more than 250 players activated in the game was available for international management, I guess it has not changed that much. Marc V could probably tell you more about this.

Thnaks for the list. i never thought to check to see if there was a wikipedia page.:o
Old 06-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #2098
MrBug708
Head Coach

So I just noticed, on the wikipedia site, that you can do a Harchester United mod? Can anyone tell me anything about it?
Old 06-05-2006, 11:06 PM   #2099
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

There's 20 different Harchester United mods. they will reoplace the Premier League team you choose with harchester
Old 06-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #2100
MrBug708
Head Coach

Does it change just the name?