Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2011, 02:36 PM   #2052
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Looking at it now, it shouldn't have been possible for you to drop there so I wouldn't mind taking a peek at the save ([email protected]).
I zipped up the leaguedata folder for this career and e-mailed it to you - hope that's got all the info you need. If not, let me know. Thanks for taking a look...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:31 PM   #2053
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2225.exe

Extract the files to your install directory. When you start the game it should say version 2.2.25 in the bottom left corner after applying the update.

Version 2.2.25
Fixes:
*Fixed a bug that caused one team to rebound too well.
*Fixed a bug that gave lower than expected prestige to teams finishing in the top 2 in the conference while winning the conference tourney.

Changes:
*Added a minimum prestige for the season based on how far you got in the championship tournament to the early rounds of the tournament.
*Increased prestige for third and fourth postseason tourney results.
HeavyReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:53 PM   #2054
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks Brian!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:21 PM   #2055
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Hey Brian, is there a way to change the setting for a school's colors after a career has been started? I know where the HTML color values live in the teams.csv, but once a career has begun, is there a way (if I had the right .dat editing program) to adjust a field in the league.dat to change a team's color?
Old 10-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #2056
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Would adding the a field that lets you enter the html color code in the league editor work? You can click the team color in the editor and it brings up a the windows color selection dialog as well.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:35 PM   #2057
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You can click the team color in the editor and it brings up a the windows color selection dialog as well.
A-ha - I hadn't realized that functionality was in there. I guess I hadn't poked around in the League Editor enough to realize you could do that. Problem solved, thanks!

Quote:
Would adding the a field that lets you enter the html color code in the league editor work?
That would save a step for me in having to go into an image editor and cross-check the html color value with an RGB or HSV color value, but it's not a big deal. Now that I know I can edit colors on the fly within the League Editor, I'm good to go.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:50 PM   #2058
dave731
High School JV

Just an update...I am through Wagner and should finish the initial file either Monday or Tuesday. This will include all head coaches, their ages, hometowns, alma maters, and coaching records for the upcoming 2011-12 season. Ratings edits have only occurred on some of the major elite coaches along with some style changes for them so for the most part those are all still random...
dave731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:35 PM   #2059
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2226.exe

Version 2.2.26
Changes:
*Added the option to change team color using HTML color codes on the team editing screen
*Added text to the team color label in the team editing screens indicating that it is clickable.
*Updated the coach file format to be stored as a csv file.
*Added the option to export the coaches from an active league into a coach file from the edit current league screen. (temporary button to be updated when ready)
*Added the new MAC conference 12 team tourney format: 1/2 3xbye, 3/4 2xbye
Old 10-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #2060
Grim.Reaper
n00b

Quote:

Version 2.2.26
Changes:
*Added the option to change team color using HTML color codes on the team editing screen
*Added text to the team color label in the team editing screens indicating that it is clickable.
*Added the option to export the coaches from an active league into a coach file from the edit current league screen. (temporary button to be updated when ready)

I am so impressed by the continuing updates for this game. With college basketball around the corner, going to fire this up again. Just curious. Any other major features under consideration or have we topped on additions to this version?
Grim.Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 08:59 PM   #2061
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim.Reaper View Post
I am so impressed by the continuing updates for this game. With college basketball around the corner, going to fire this up again. Just curious. Any other major features under consideration or have we topped on additions to this version?
Man, as much as I love all the new stuff he's put in, I sure wish he'd save some for an FBCB3 so he can get paid!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:01 PM   #2062
Grim.Reaper
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Man, as much as I love all the new stuff he's put in, I sure wish he'd save some for an FBCB3 so he can get paid!

I can't really argue with that....has been tremendous service and deserves the money.
Old 10-10-2011, 09:27 PM   #2063
dave731
High School JV

Quote:

Version 2.2.26
Changes:

THANK YOU!!
Old 10-10-2011, 10:17 PM   #2064
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:

Nothing major is coming right now...just a collection of small fixes as needed. Most of my free time is devoted to getting the new pro version done. When I get stuck I'm working on my list of stuff for the next FBCB version as well.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:23 PM   #2065
Groundhog
Coordinator

I still have my dream that one day HR will be the one to deliver us the FM of basketball - one simulator with college, pro, international, world championships/olympics, players jumping between leagues, etc., all built in to one. Oh, a boy can dream...
Old 10-10-2011, 11:02 PM   #2066
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Gimme a few years
Old 10-11-2011, 03:03 PM   #2067
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

[rant]I swear there's nothing that kills my motivation faster than the "Will there be a way to play online leagues without buying the game?" crowd. Stuff like that is why there was a new college game before a new pro game. That's what's great about posting information here. You avoid that group of people entirely.[/rant]
Old 10-11-2011, 05:01 PM   #2068
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
[rant]I swear there's nothing that kills my motivation faster than the "Will there be a way to play online leagues without buying the game?" crowd. Stuff like that is why there was a new college game before a new pro game. That's what's great about posting information here. You avoid that group of people entirely.[/rant]

I get PM's every so often "Hey great league do you have an extra key so that I can join I can't afford the game". Instaban.

Last edited by Radii : 10-11-2011 at 05:01 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:26 PM   #2069
dave731
High School JV

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Ok, here's my real names coach's file. There were a couple of guys that I couldn't find hometowns for and some of the records may be a little off as wikipedia had some errors that I tried to catch. Ages were also hard to come by for some of the coaches but I was able to get relatively close on the ones I couldn't find (would take their graduating year as 22 years old and added the years since). Hope you guys enjoy...I will likely look at going back in and editing ratings at some point to be more in line with real life but this was more than enough work for me as it stands.
Old 10-11-2011, 07:49 PM   #2070
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

I'll point out that 2.2.26 is needed in order for the game to recognize the coach file as well.

Old 10-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #2071
Grim.Reaper
n00b

Quote:
I'll point out that 2.2.26 is needed in order for the game to recognize the coach file as well.

Dumb question. Going to install again tonight to play, but need help on process. Do I install first the main install file I got back when I first purchased this product and then this update file? Or do I have to incrementally install all the other updates somehow? Just want to make sure I don't miss some of the important files in between.

Thanks.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:14 PM   #2072
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

just install the latest update over whatever previous u have installed.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:19 PM   #2073
Grim.Reaper
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
just install the latest update over whatever previous u have installed.

great..thanks.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:30 PM   #2074
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:

Heh. Insert some pithy comment about how college basketball fans are less sleazy than pro basketball fans.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 08:52 PM   #2075
Grim.Reaper
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave731 View Post
MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

Ok, here's my real names coach's file. There were a couple of guys that I couldn't find hometowns for and some of the records may be a little off as wikipedia had some errors that I tried to catch. Ages were also hard to come by for some of the coaches but I was able to get relatively close on the ones I couldn't find (would take their graduating year as 22 years old and added the years since). Hope you guys enjoy...I will likely look at going back in and editing ratings at some point to be more in line with real life but this was more than enough work for me as it stands.

Wow...great work. I love playing with real life coaching records and information included. Really appreciate all the work!
Old 10-11-2011, 09:42 PM   #2076
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Quote:
Wow...great work. I love playing with real life coaching records and information included. Really appreciate all the work!

Awesome! Your efforts are appreciated!

EDIT: Quoted wrong post. THanks dave731

Last edited by Bigsmooth : 10-11-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:06 AM   #2077
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2227.exe

Version 2.2.27
Changes:
*Hitting enter after typing in the text box will act as the same as clicking continue or save on the team password and save screens.

Fixes:
*Added code to ensure the previous season's schedule requests are cleared at the start and end of the schedule period.
*Fixed issues with the reported number of available home games on the team schedule screen.
*Fixed a bug that caused some schedule proposals to not be processed.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:39 AM   #2078
dave731
High School JV

Would it be possible to add the conference tourney brackets to the html output file? I see the postseason brackets for the other tourneys are there but there is no option to output the individual conference tourneys.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:35 PM   #2079
scoman
n00b

Quote:
Nothing major is coming right now...just a collection of small fixes as needed. Most of my free time is devoted to getting the new pro version done. When I get stuck I'm working on my list of stuff for the next FBCB version as well.

Just wanted to say thanks for the game and the constant updates for what I consider the premier College basketball text sim on the market and really looking forward to the pro version.
scoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #2080
Radii
Head Coach

FBCB-FOFC.com • View topic - SIM: 3rd Recruiting Round

Looks like the CPU is auto-filling call lists even when all CPU recruiting options are turned off.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #2081
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
FBCB-FOFC.com • View topic - SIM: 3rd Recruiting Round

Looks like the CPU is auto-filling call lists even when all CPU recruiting options are turned off.
I was just going to note the same thing. The 2.2.19 patch added a feature to make the auto-recruit when there's recruiting budget left over default to "off" and something that you can change on the team settings.

I noticed that this happened to me last night and was trying to figure out where I can turn it off.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:48 PM   #2082
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

OK, found and double-checked my team settings screen and confirmed that it's set so that the computer is not supposed to auto-recruit/offer scholarships or auto-recruit/revoke scholarship offers. Yet last season the AI was adding players to my call list.

Playing the 2.2.27 release.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #2083
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Adding to the call list if there are open spots was intentional. I can change it to only fill the call list if no recruiting actions have been made if that's what people would prefer.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #2085
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave731 View Post
Would it be possible to add the conference tourney brackets to the html output file? I see the postseason brackets for the other tourneys are there but there is no option to output the individual conference tourneys.

I made a note to myself to include these in the future. They are just a lot of work because each one has to be made individually.
Old 10-24-2011, 10:43 PM   #2086
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

http://www.fbbgames.com/FBCB2010v2229.exe

Extract the files to your install directory. When you start the game it should say version 2.2.29 in the bottom left corner after applying the update.

Version 2.2.29
Changes:
*Added the option to set whether or not auto-recruiting fills the call list to the team setup screen. While this data was added to the team export file, this build should work fine when importing all builds since 2.2.19.

Fixes:
*Settings should properly be refreshed after importing a single team export from the team setup screen.

Version 2.2.28
Changes:
*changed the available games display on the schedule screen to show how many games you have left to schedule out of the total: Games Remaining: 11/13 Max Home Games: 6/8

Fixes:
*Available home games still wasn't working right
Old 10-24-2011, 11:26 PM   #2087
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Unbelievable. Thanks sir.
Old 10-25-2011, 02:44 AM   #2088
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
I would strongly prefer it only occur if recruiting actions are made. If it can be made an option, that would work as well.
When I fast-ish sim I often run into situations where I think I'll grab X recruits so I don't want to spend the time to look through every list for the last few Call List (or even Assistant Visit) slots, so I approve HR's line of thinking. Unless recruits cared about how many other players you were recruiting at their position (and until they commit they don't), and as long as the option to offer/not offer scholarships is there, I don't see why it matters.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 07:47 AM   #2090
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Giving this game a bump with college basketball starting up next week.

Great customer service. Still adding features almost 2 years later.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 11-01-2011 at 07:48 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:18 PM   #2091
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Does anybody have a mod with the future conference movements in place already?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #2092
bryce
High School Varsity

Did the latest patch do something to the transfer round? As in, accidentally disable it? I thought I just missed it by clicking too fast upon finishing last season, but it happened again after another season (it's all grayed out and just gets skipped in the offseason steps). I haven't touched any league option/setting...
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:06 PM   #2093
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

I haven't run into that myself.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #2094
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
Does anybody have a mod with the future conference movements in place already?

I added extra starting leagues with 2011 and 2012 alignments to the patches. The 2012 one is going to need to be updated again though with the latest changes. The files get installed to the defaultleagues folder inside the main data folder for the game. You can find it by going to Tools > Edit Default League > Open Folder.

Quote:
Did the latest patch do something to the transfer round? As in, accidentally disable it? I thought I just missed it by clicking too fast upon finishing last season, but it happened again after another season (it's all grayed out and just gets skipped in the offseason steps). I haven't touched any league option/setting...

I can take a look at your save if you want to send it to [email protected] again. Nothing should have changed there at all but you never know.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:16 AM   #2095
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
I added extra starting leagues with 2011 and 2012 alignments to the patches. The 2012 one is going to need to be updated again though with the latest changes. The files get installed to the defaultleagues folder inside the main data folder for the game. You can find it by going to Tools > Edit Default League > Open Folder.

I can take a look at your save if you want to send it to [email protected] again. Nothing should have changed there at all but you never know.

Brian I can also confirm the transfer thing. Nobody is showing up on the transfer lists and it skips right through that phase of the game if there isn't anybody transferring.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:25 AM   #2096
bryce
High School Varsity

Glad to see I'm not crazy... I was about to ask if there was there a trick to sending files. Even zipped, it far exceeds the capacity allowed by any email program (at least the webmails I have...)
Old 11-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #2097
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

People send them to my hotmail account all the time. You can leave off records.dat as that shouldn't have any effect. My testing so far hasn't revealed the issue so I could use the save to confirm/rule out a few things. If email won't work then posting it to one of the online file share sites would work or I could get you the details to send the file by ftp as well.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:34 AM   #2098
dave731
High School JV

I'm not seeing the transfer round issue either. Mine worked just fine...not sure what that is about.

I'm starting to work on the roster file for the 2011-12 season and it is a massive undertaking to say the least. I might try to work my way through the BCS conferences first but I am not making any guarantees as it takes a good 30-40 minutes for each team. I have Duke done and have started Boston College. I'm trying to do ratings as I go as well although that is proving to be difficult to determine for many freshmen.
Old 11-04-2011, 11:03 AM   #2099
bryce
High School Varsity

Figured out the file fiasco finally. Sent. Thanks for taking a peek.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #2100
HeavyReign
Fast Break Basketball

Thanks. I'll dig into it more later but one of my theories seems to be the issue. It isn't that the game is skipping the transfer period itself. The issue is actually that nobody is getting unhappy and transferring.