Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-13-2013, 08:32 AM   #2051
Autumn
Head Coach

I should be around more today, but still a rather busy day.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:04 AM   #2052
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
I wonder how Lord Baelish will respond to this. I hope Ser Barriston can watch your and Stark's back at the same time brother. We saw how well he protected the previous Hand though.

i have no aspirations of power, nor do i bear any ill will towards your brother, hence, I am perplexed as to why you choose to characterize me in any manner that would be envious or in any other way, negative towards Lord Tyrion
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #2053
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

It seems that some people place far too much emphasis on money - it is merely a means to an end, and there aren't really many ends that are worth it at this stage.

I have heard rumours that Balon is definitely taking the black. It would seem he is a patient man, as would be necessary if he is to stand on the Wall for the rest of his life. Waiting.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:02 AM   #2054
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

That would be...bizarre.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:05 AM   #2055
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] wouldn't surprise me if Balon wasn't allowed to bend the knee [/ooc]
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #2056
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

[ooc] Still haven't heard from a few people today...path/autumn/mr. greyjoy/joffrey [/ooc]
Old 06-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #2057
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
[ooc] Still haven't heard from a few people today...path/autumn/mr. greyjoy/joffrey [/ooc]

I expect you will have a raven at some point from me.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #2058
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
It seems that some people place far too much emphasis on money - it is merely a means to an end, and there aren't really many ends that are worth it at this stage.

I have heard rumours that Balon is definitely taking the black. It would seem he is a patient man, as would be necessary if he is to stand on the Wall for the rest of his life. Waiting.

I heard a rumor that there is always room for more saltwives on my ship.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #2059
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Maester Pycelle's aide hurried to the tower of the Master of Coin. King Joffrey was not pleased at all that Master Baelish chose not to attend the Small Council meeting today, not even sending a message.

The page himself, having been in attendance on these great personages for some years, was a little surpirsed as well, as it was not in Littlefinger's nature to insult--at least not until he was done with you. And men who go to Small Councils aren't the types of men Littlefinger chooses to insult.

As the aide approaches the door, he sees a diminutive figure standing before the door. Littlefinger's visitor turns around in alarm it his approach.

He is taken aback, as the woman is strikingly attractive. She seemed to recover quickly after seeing him, no doubt because he wore no Gold Cloak. To his knowledge, Baelish does not waste his time on women, ironically, so this must be one of his many whores, delivering messages or pouches of gold, more like.

"My Lady, are you here to visit with Lord Baelish?" the aide asked. He turned an inquiring glance at the closed door. "Has he not responded? Perhaps he is not inside?"

She seems to take a pause to consider the situation before responding.

"Yes, ser, I have business with the Lord this morning," she said. "I do believe he is within, though, as I thought I heard a groan and a noise at one point."

The aide turned to the door and knocked with some force, requesting Baelish's presence.

When there was no response after a few moments, the aide took another glance at the young woman and then reached for the door handle. It turned easily--it was unlocked!

The door creeped open, so the aide pushed it open. Sunlight shot through the bottom tower room where Littlefinger made his residence, casting the space in streaks of light and dark.

A foot was illuminated by the light, leading toward a corner of the room. Lord Baelish!

The aide rushed forward to the Master of Coin's prostrate form on the ground. He knelt down to check on him.

He's breathing, thank the Seven, the aide thought. Others had begun to gather at the door, as the woman hovered over him and Littlefinger.

"Call for the maester!" the aide yelled. "Lord Baelish is ill!"

As if to emphasize the point, Littlefinger groaned in pain. His eyes did not open, nor did he move, but he seemed to be breathing regularly. The aide noticed the overturned vial by his right hand. Before he could pick it up, he heard a gasp behind him.

The woman noticed something on the top of a table near the window. He stared at in shock--a scorpion! Pinned to the table by a dagger!

It appears to be dead. He knew this type, having been raised in the Reach. He had gone on merchant trips to the Sunspear in Dorne and seen this scorpions sold as "pets" in the marketplace. Their quick acting poison is reknowned. Did this scorpion sting Littlefinger?

A maester and two guards rushed in and went over to the fallen Lord.

"Maester, I believe he was stung by this scorpion," the aide said, pointing to the dead arachnid.

"I believe you are correct, ser," the maester said, leaning down next to the man. He picked up the vial and sniffed it carefully. "And I think he had an antidote!"

"He is... admirably resourceful," the aide noted with alacrity.

The maester bent over Lord Baelish again, listening carefully to his breathing and looking in his mouth and at the tips of his hands.

He looked up at the aide.

"He will live," the maester said. "He would not have without this antidote, but he reached it before he lost consciousness. He will need to be on bedrest for a couple days, though."

With that, the maester and guards started to lift Littlefinegr and take him over to his bed to continue his care.

LITTLEFINGER was targeted for an ASSASSINATION, which has failed! Littlefinger will be out of commission through the DAY TWELVE deadline.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #2060
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Of all the people to try and assasinate. Baelish? Really?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:35 AM   #2061
The Jackal
Coordinator

It is disheartening to see that men have lost the courage to wage battles. Assassins are the way of cowards.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:37 AM   #2062
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

We will march right now, Iron Born, were you to either stand with us or at the very least stand aside when the other cowards flee from our army.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #2063
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
We will march right now, Iron Born, were you to either stand with us or at the very least stand aside when the other cowards flee from our army.

The two of us want the same thing, and that cannot be achieved together.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #2064
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
The two of us want the same thing, and that cannot be achieved together.

Then I'm not certain how to progress. I fear no battle, but I am no fool to march into a suicide mission when I have other options. Which is what it is, at the moment.

I do find it amusing, however, that these so-called 'Kings' only dare stand and fight when they have the support of their rivals.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:57 AM   #2065
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A convoy of King Renly's men has been attacked on the road from Highgarden to Storm's End!

The attackers were unusually uncouth for this far into the genteel south of Westeros, a much more gentle and prosperous land than the darker, rockier terrain of the North. It seems clear this attack spawned from those lands.

The convoy was wiped out and a large shipment of Tyrell gold was taken!

TYRION LANNISTER'S MOUNTAIN MEN HAVE VENTURED FURTHER SOUTH AND SNEAK ATTACKED KING RENLY!!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:38 AM   #2066
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh, right. We gotta kill someone today.

Vote Axell Florent
Old 06-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #2067
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It is a silent and creepy night in the war camp of House Stark, tendrils of fog interlacing through tents and mingling with the dying smoke of a thousand campires.

Greywind slumbers at the entrance to King Robb Stark's tent, beside a half eaten slab of meat, a growl rumbling deep in his throat with every slow exhale.

Two guards stand in silent guard outside of the talent, bored and as always a little uneasy at the presence of the great direwolf. But the wolf seems to have had his fill with the meat.

The closest campfire is snuffed out by an Umber man, and the great light shining on the tent entrance snuffs out. At the very moment the firelight dies, a dark form that had all the appearances of a pile of firewood rises up near one guard and grabs him by the hand. He gasps in surprise and pain from the pinprick of a needle in the intruder's hand. He falls to his knees as everything starts to go dark. The guard beside him turns at the sound, but before he can withdraw his sword, the attacker has spun and back-chopped on his neck, almost a delicate move. Despite this, the guard suddenly cannot move. He is paralyzed! The dark form catches him as he starts to pitch forward. The attacker applies a grip to the guard's neck until the guard has passed out and then silently eases him to the ground.

The Faceless Man has arrived. His target is the King of the North...

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-13-2013 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:48 AM   #2068
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh, right. We gotta kill someone today.

Vote Axell Florent

Actually, it's not necessary to vote. Florent is the only eligible player left.

So at the end of the day today, he will die as an Enemy of the Realm.

Old 06-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #2069
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Ruh roh.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:55 AM   #2070
Danny
Head Coach

vot axel florent
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:00 PM   #2071
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

sacrifice

Shrug..
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:15 PM   #2072
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #2073
Autumn
Head Coach

A dangerous day for the realm today, it seems.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:18 PM   #2074
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Theoretically, everybody could vote no lynch, could they not? Not that it would happen, but I'm just saying ...
Old 06-13-2013, 12:20 PM   #2075
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote axel
Old 06-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #2076
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A man steps silently over the sleeping wolf. The waft of a drug all too familiar drifts through the air, for earlier it was sprinkled ever so lightly upon the meat the direwolf consumed.

The wolf will sleep fitfully and then be sick for several days. Respect is granted to those creatures which are the tools of the Many-Faced God. The wolf will not interfere tonight.

The young king tosses and turns in his sleep. A man can sense his silent anguish, his connection to the great wolf. He can sense something is wrong, that the wolf's sleep is unnatural. Yet he sleeps on. A man makes no noise.

A pouch is retrieved from a pocket in a man's cloak. A fine sedative, similar to the concoction on the needle of the palm. A breath, a cloud, little is needed to induce an even sounder sleep. A man dips a gloved finger into the pouch. A man leans over a King, and puffs ever so slightly on the finger. The powder drifts down upon the young man.

A man stands still for the seconds it will take for the sedative to have its affect. The young king's breathing grows softer, but deeper. He will not wake tonight.

A man steps forward to cover the king's mouth and nose and give him the gift. The young king barely struggles, but he is strong. It will take time.

A man hears a noise. A man knows it well, not even needing to turn to the tent entrance. The old man returns. He is a man to be feared, respected.

The old man gives a great roar. A man can start to hear the alarms rising in the camp. A man has underestimated the old man, whom a man felt would be away in the slumber those of such an age as he would need at this time of night.

The old man takes out his sword and charges. A man sweeps out a Myrish knife, but only for defense. A man wishes not to give the gift to any but the young King.

The old man swings his sword mightily. A man deftly steps aside, and then in, looking for pressure points. The old man surprises, jumping into a man and knocking him aside.

A man turns to shelter his fall to the ground, catching all weight on a hip and rolling up to a stand. The Myrish knife is no longer in his hand. It is in the old man's side. The old man will not live for long. He falls to the ground and pitches over.

A man intends just one gift. But the gift has been given to another. Most unfortunate. But so is the will of the Many-Faced God.

A man must retrieve the knife and complete the gift to the young king. Time is short. The knife will be needed.

A man kneels lightly on the old man's chest and reaches for the knife handle. A man looks down upon the old man's silent face and closed eyes, and whispers, "Valar morghulis."

At the sound, the old man's eyes flutter open for a second and before a man can move, the old man has swung his left hand toward a man's side. A man can feel the dagger enter and pierce a man's heart. Pain tingles, running through a man, though not in any way a man can feel. Pain was conquered first. It matters not.

The old man has given a man the gift. It is fitting. A man failed. A man is no longer fit to serve the Many-Faced God.

The old man gasps out, "Valar dohaeris."

And then he dies. A man can see that, and soon a man will follow him into the dark.

The tent flaps open as swords leave their sheathes. But it matters not now.

The dark takes a man to the Many-Faced God.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:47 PM   #2077
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Theoretically, everybody could vote no lynch, could they not? Not that it would happen, but I'm just saying ...

You are absolutely correct.

I presumed that wouldn't happen, but, yes, that's possible.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-13-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:50 PM   #2078
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

An old man will be greatly remembered.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #2079
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

A FACELESS MAN WAS HIRED TO KILL KING ROBB STARK.

Ser Barristan Selmy has saved Robb Stark's life, but given his own life in doing so.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:59 PM   #2080
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Assassinations are now out of the game.

Due to the crackdown across the kingdom from the recent spate of assassinations (Melisandre, Tywin, the attempt on Littlefinger, and now a Faceless Man himself arrives in Westeros), it is currently untenable for assassins to operate, and the Brotherhood has gone underground for the remainder of the game.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 06-13-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #2081
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

No King has defeated me in battle.

No King dares send their army against me.

Thanks to the sacrifice of the most honorable man in Westeros, not even a dreaded servant of the Many Faced God was able to defeat me

Bend the knee.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #2082
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

If you dispute my superiority, face me on the field. I unlike any of you, will not run.

If, instead, you acknowledge you cannot defeat me, then acknowledge me as your liege.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:08 PM   #2083
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Great write up chief.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #2084
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

A woman is not happy.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:31 PM   #2085
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You tried to send that against me?
Old 06-13-2013, 01:36 PM   #2086
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Yes, I have been accumulating 250,000 gold secretly throughout this time and sent a faceless man against you. I can't imagine who would have the required resources - I imagine you would be able to save the coin. Unless Lord Baelish has reason to see you dead, and I don't see why he would.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #2087
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Oh, I've had the coin and then some for quite some time. The North, however, does not hire killers.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:39 PM   #2088
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I was rather hoping that something would happen to change the status quo though.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:41 PM   #2089
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I did warn people that no assassin's knife would touch me.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #2090
The Jackal
Coordinator

Varys - it was not an insinuation. I've made my stance on assassins quite clear. I, for one, am glad to see that they will not interfere in the coming events.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:46 PM   #2091
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Stannis? Renly? Joffrey? Who wants to swallow their pride and unify this realm with me?
Old 06-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #2092
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Stannis? Renly? Joffrey? Who wants to swallow their pride and unify this realm with me?

I pose the same query, of course.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:54 PM   #2093
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

The death of Lord Selmy does perhaps mean that Lord Stark is more vulnerable on the battlefield, should it come to one-on-one combat.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #2094
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

A pity it seems none of these so-called Kings dare try it.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #2095
path12
Coordinator

Stark, you'll have to do it on the battlefield and I believe you're going to have to do it against all of us.

You win that, we'll talk.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:59 PM   #2096
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't see you declaring war, Robb. Stop acting like the big man. You know you can't declare a war and win it and everyone else knows they can't declare a war and win it. Most people do not go out to actively lose.

I would have gladly knelt to you if you had not backstabbed me. So I suppose you'll have to win the realm the difficult way.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #2097
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Lord Renly,

Tis nice to see you are still alive after the events of today.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #2098
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Stark, you'll have to do it on the battlefield and I believe you're going to have to do it against all of us.

You win that, we'll talk.

So in other words, we either sit here while nothing happens, or I can choose to lose the game.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:04 PM   #2099
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Lord Renly,

Tis nice to see you are still alive after the events of today.

*shrug* The Mountain Men want money. Money is not a big concern at this point. Thank you for the well wishes though, my lord.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #2100
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
So in other words, we either sit here while nothing happens, or I can choose to lose the game.

I've noted before. 'Tis a quandary.