Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2017, 03:13 PM   #2101
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
So it was all about the Iowa loss and people are still complaining? Wonder what would’ve happened if TCU won? They get in, right? They would’ve “won” the Big12.

Or what if Ohio State played Mercer instead of Oklahoma?

Quote:
LarryMcG, yes, the Patriots were clearly the best team that season. The Giants won the final game between them and the Patriots.

Yes, I agree with this. I'm still glad we played a game to determine a champion. It was a hell of a game. Imagine if we had missed out on it. This goes back to my earlier post of not caring who the "best" teams are. The teams that win the most important games deserve to be champions, even if there is another "better" team out there.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:16 PM   #2102
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
So it was all about the Iowa loss and people are still complaining? Wonder what would’ve happened if TCU won? They get in, right? They would’ve “won” the Big12.

LarryMcG, yes, the Patriots were clearly the best team that season. The Giants won the final game between them and the Patriots.

You raise an interesting hypothetical there. Presumably, honestly, if TCU had beaten OU then Bama & Ohio State might have moved up to 3 & 4 ... but that'd be problematic due to the OU win over tOSU. So would that, perhaps, have only changed the seeding order & we'd have the same four teams regardless?
Old 12-05-2017, 03:18 PM   #2103
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Why not? Does anyone think that if Auburn beat Georgia in the SEC Championship they wouldn't have gotten in?

I submit the argument that Auburn is more deserving AS IS than Alabama, even with the loss in the SEC CG.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:24 PM   #2104
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I submit the argument that Auburn is more deserving AS IS than Alabama, even with the loss in the SEC CG.

Don't disagree, FWIW. Alabama's wins stink, which is why I hated the "unequivocally" better comment. If they were, they would have had a better win than OSU did. Same reason I don't think USC deserved to be considered as that third team for the 4th spot.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:34 PM   #2105
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Don't disagree, FWIW. Alabama's wins stink, which is why I hated the "unequivocally" better comment. If they were, they would have had a better win than OSU did. Same reason I don't think USC deserved to be considered as that third team for the 4th spot.

“Unequivocally” not because of better win(s) but not having a terrible loss.

LarryMcG, I can go along with that. The entertainment factor is an important consideration. But how deep shall they dig the hole when there shouldn’t be a hole in the first place?

The AP used to have their final poll after the regular season. The bowl games, esp the awesome Rose Bowl games, were entertaining spectacles with a great parade and pageantry that served as bragging rights and fun for the fans there and those watching on New Year’s Day.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:37 PM   #2106
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Interesting thing (to me), that popped out from an easier to read (to me) formatting.

Here's the elements (or reasonable facsimle*) of the BCS, isolated for this year. College Football Ranking Summary
*for some reason, Massey doesn't includeAnderson & Hester but it was easy enough to find & count here

The humans were pretty consistent, the top 6 teams were all the same.
But the difference is how the computers varied on Oklahoma

Remember, the BCS kicked out the high & low computer rankings, then averaged the remaining 4.

Clemson 1,2,1,2,3,1 ... 98/100 possible points
Oklahoma 3,5,7,3,4,5 ... 89/100
Georgia 2,3,2,1,2,2, ... 96/100
Bama ... 6,1,5,4,6,7 ... 83/100
Ohio State ... 4,4,6,5,5,6 ... 84/100
Wisconsin ... 5,7,4,6,8,4 ... 82/100

edit to add: Worth a reminder here, maybe, that the BCS formula weighted 1/3rd to each of the two human polls and the final 1/3rd to the computer average. In other words, humans counted 2x what the computers counted.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-05-2017 at 03:45 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:40 PM   #2107
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Will anyone really be satisfied until there's a participation trophy for every damned team in the country? Let's just go to 130 "conferences" and declare everybody a conference champion I guess. Do away with the regular season & just have one giant ass tournament with all these "conference champions", maybe then people will be happier.

This is ridiculous.
Nobody here is asking for a participation trophy for every team in the country. What some do want is a level playing field for every team in the country though and to have a shot at the grand prize that the sport gives out even when your name is not Alabama, Ohio St. Florida St, Notre Dame, Clemson etc. Because a team is not involved in the Power 5 from the start, no matter what they do on the field and the entire season, means squat. Explain to me how that is fair?
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:46 PM   #2108
bronconick
College Starter

Taggert to FSU from Oregon
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:47 PM   #2109
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt View Post
This is ridiculous.
Nobody here is asking for a participation trophy for every team in the country. What some do want is a level playing field for every team in the country though and to have a shot at the grand prize that the sport gives out even when your name is not Alabama, Ohio St. Florida St, Notre Dame, Clemson etc. Because a team is not involved in the Power 5 from the start, no matter what they do on the field and the entire season, means squat. Explain to me how that is fair?

As an aside, I find it humorous and glorious that you include Clemson in such a list.

Before the last 5 years we have fought constantly just to be recognized as existing. Funny what recency bias and a little success will do for ya.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:48 PM   #2110
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Nobody here is asking for a participation trophy for every team in the country.

Sure does seem close.

Quote:
Because a team is not involved in the Power 5 from the start, no matter what they do on the field and the entire season, means squat. Explain to me how that is fair?

Because, bottom line, those outside the P5 aren't playing the same level of competition week in & week out. What part of they.don't.really.matter in the big picture is so hard to understand? They're novelty acts, the comedy spot at Wrestlemania, the cartoon before the movie. The chips & salsa before the filet mignon.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:51 PM   #2111
Logan
Head Coach

Norvell signed an extension to stay at Memphis. Was that Arkansas related or did Tenn come knocking?
Old 12-05-2017, 03:51 PM   #2112
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
As an aside, I find it humorous and glorious that you include Clemson in such a list.

Before the last 5 years we have fought constantly just to be recognized as existing. Funny what recency bias and a little success will do for ya.

Shit, I didn't mean to add Clemson...what was I thinking?
Old 12-05-2017, 03:55 PM   #2113
tarcone
Coordinator

Clemson is a neo-cheat school.

They have to be added.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 03:57 PM   #2114
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Sure does seem close.

Because, bottom line, those outside the P5 aren't playing the same level of competition week in & week out. What part of they.don't.really.matter in the big picture is so hard to understand? They're novelty acts, the comedy spot at Wrestlemania, the cartoon before the movie. The chips & salsa before the filet mignon.

But it is only the same level of competition if you or someone else deems that level of competition good enough, right? You rate/judge Power 5 conferences. So when you feel a P5 conference is not that good, then what? Should another conference take their place when you think that conference is good enough to be considered?

Someone like Moonie, thinks the AAC with UCF in it actually WAS better than the BIG and PAC, correct? That does not mean he is wrong, it's his belief. You believe the AAC is inferior and therefore do not matter.

So I will ask you. What. Part. Of. Bias. Do. You. Not. Understand?

Last edited by hollmt : 12-05-2017 at 03:58 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:00 PM   #2115
tarcone
Coordinator

Jeez, Jon, those inside the P5 arent playing at the same level.

How can Northwestern EVER hope to compete with tOSU?

The academic standards alone make that impossible.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:01 PM   #2116
Logan
Head Coach

In reference to that argument, I do think the difference in AAC vs B1G West (with poor crossovers) and SEC East is small enough where we can reasonably debate how much worse UCF's record would look with those kinds of schedules.
Old 12-05-2017, 04:41 PM   #2117
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Sounds like Alabama didn't play much competition either this year but got their participation trophy.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 04:43 PM   #2118
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Norvell signed an extension to stay at Memphis. Was that Arkansas related or did Tenn come knocking?

Maybe we know what that plane that landed in Memphis was doing?
Old 12-05-2017, 04:45 PM   #2119
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What. Part. Of. Bias. Do. You. Not. Understand?

At no point have I denied the existence of some bias.

Thing is, it's bias toward visibly better teams. And that's not remotely problematic.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:00 PM   #2120
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

I dont think Norvell will be leaving Memphis anytime soon.

There are rumblings of "issues" there.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:09 PM   #2121
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
At no point have I denied the existence of some bias.

Thing is, it's bias toward visibly better teams. And that's not remotely problematic.

Meh...you have a bit of a blinder there though, to be fair.

I mean in 2014 Alabama was visibly better than Ohio State until they played them.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:22 PM   #2122
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:

AR was supposedly looking at Norvell but the AR board is saying SMU Morris has been hired.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 05:28 PM   #2123
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Crazy stat: Mark Richt is the longest tenured FBS coach in FL
Old 12-05-2017, 05:35 PM   #2124
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Someone like Moonie, thinks the AAC with UCF in it actually WAS better than the BIG and PAC, correct? That does not mean he is wrong, it's his belief. You believe the AAC is inferior and therefore do not matter.

Yeah, he is wrong.

If I said the SE Minnesota high school football conference was better than the SEC Id be wrong as well as stupid.

Some opinions have value while some opinions are only worth an eye roll.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-05-2017 at 05:35 PM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:30 PM   #2125
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
I dont think Norvell will be leaving Memphis anytime soon.

There are rumblings of "issues" there.

Gambling
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:28 PM   #2126
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Yeah, he is wrong.

If I said the SE Minnesota high school football conference was better than the SEC Id be wrong as well as stupid.

Some opinions have value while some opinions are only worth an eye roll.

Good catch. I clearly used the wrong words. I meant that it was his opinion and he is entitled to it.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:44 PM   #2127
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Taggert to FSU from Oregon

Would be hilarious if Oregon gets Chip.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:03 PM   #2128
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Would be hilarious if Oregon gets Chip.

Why?
Old 12-05-2017, 11:35 PM   #2129
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Why?

Come on Bug, you know he is baiting you. Leave the bitter man to his own devices.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 12-05-2017 at 11:35 PM.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 09:10 AM   #2130
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Maybe we know what that plane that landed in Memphis was doing?

Sexton represents Morris.

All the SWC old money won out on this hire as a fact that has been brought up numerous times is we've gotten 15 kids from Texas over the past 5 years. Jerry probably had something to do with it also. His grandkid is the starting QB while Chandler Morris is the backup @ Highland Park.

Shocked we haven't applied for the Big 12 this offseason to complete the "mission" of the old money.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 10:02 AM   #2131
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Come on Bug, you know he is baiting you. Leave the bitter man to his own devices.

I wanted him to say he's scared of Chip in Los Angeles
Old 12-06-2017, 11:01 AM   #2132
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post

All the SWC old money won out on this hire as a fact that has been brought up numerous times is we've gotten 15 kids from Texas over the past 5 years. Jerry probably had something to do with it also. His grandkid is the starting QB while Chandler Morris is the backup @ Highland Park.

Shocked we haven't applied for the Big 12 this offseason to complete the "mission" of the old money.

Looks like Morris is our guy. The sports press seem to like this guy so I'm all for it.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:14 AM   #2133
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post

Arkansas new Ad was the AD at Houston who hired Herman.
He interviewed Morris for that job and supposedly wanted to offer Morris over Herman but by the time they got there Morris was too far down the road with SMU.

I will say I think Arkansas HAS to recruit Texas well to compete in the SEC.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:23 AM   #2134
Logan
Head Coach

So why are the Ole Miss guys like Patterson who aren't seniors expected to be eligible immediately if they transfer?
Old 12-06-2017, 11:28 AM   #2135
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So why are the Ole Miss guys like Patterson who aren't seniors expected to be eligible immediately if they transfer?

As far as I know, they aren't / won't be.

There is, however, some talk by another underclassman (I forget which one off hand) about retaining an attorney to appeal for immediate eligibility on the basis of his claim that he was misled by both the coach & the AD about the severity of punishment that was forthcoming. Patterson & others could join that movement.

Honestly, coming off the injury, and having Freeze waste his redshirt while trying to salvage the 2016 season, a year to sit wouldn't be the worst thing for Patterson (though it might make him less attractive to some teams).

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-06-2017 at 11:29 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 12:21 PM   #2136
Suicane75
Coordinator

I understand why he's doing it, but I enjoy SMU being good, and this seems like it'll, at the very least, slow down their momentum.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 01:04 AM   #2137
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgray649 View Post

On a neutral field who wins between Notre Dame-LSU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrescentMoonie View Post
Notre Dame by 30.

This should be interesting. LSU is currently a 3 point favorite.
Old 12-07-2017, 01:12 AM   #2138
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Some very interesting matchups this year.

Ohio State 7 over USC(Gotta roll with USC here)
Penn State 2 over Washington(Taking Wash if I can get 3)
Memphis 3 1/2 over Iowa State
Wisconsin 6 1/2 over Miami
Auburn 9 1/2 over Central Florida
Georgia 2 over Oklahoma (will be taking Georgia in this one)
Alabama 2 1/2 over Clemson
TCU 2 1/2 over Stanford (lean TCU)
Oklahoma State 6 over Virginia Tech

If the people that set the lines set the playoffs I get this impression their seedings would look like
1. Alabama
2. Clemson
3. Ohio State
4. Georgia

5. Oklahoma
6. Penn St
7. Auburn
8. Wisconsin
9. Washington
10. USC

Last edited by jbergey22 : 12-07-2017 at 01:22 AM.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:52 AM   #2139
bob
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
This should be interesting. LSU is currently a 3 point favorite.

LSU was getting better as the season went on. ND was looking worse, especially on offense and in particular the QB. Lock up LSU.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 09:23 AM   #2140
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Arkansas new Ad was the AD at Houston who hired Herman.
He interviewed Morris for that job and supposedly wanted to offer Morris over Herman but by the time they got there Morris was too far down the road with SMU.

I will say I think Arkansas HAS to recruit Texas well to compete in the SEC.

And before Houston was the AD at Coastal Carolina, so good things in store for Arkansas I think
Old 12-07-2017, 10:36 AM   #2141
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
And before Houston was the AD at Coastal Carolina, so good things in store for Arkansas I think

My expectations aren't unreasonably high ...

I don't need top 10 but happy with top 11-20, top half of SEC-W, exciting offense, and a nice bowl game. Petrino got us there, Bielema wasn't able to.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:40 PM   #2142
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
My expectations aren't unreasonably high ...

I don't need top 10 but happy with top 11-20, top half of SEC-W, exciting offense, and a nice bowl game. Petrino got us there, Bielema wasn't able to.

Morris' first year in Clemson was my last year really closely around the program. (in the Athletic department weekly if not daily) I got to know Chad a bit there. In fact, not to name drop but, he and I exchanged texts last night.

Here is my view of what you get in Chad Morris.
- A Great evaluator and eye for QB talent. He personally headed up Clemson's QB recruiting during his time here. He offered 4 QBs. Deshaun Watson, Chad Kelly, Kelly Bryant, and Lamar Jackson. He was also the first offer for all 4. I'll let that record speak for itself.
- A tireless worker. He identified Watson as his prototypical QB target. Taking advantage of a since closed recruiting loophole, he went and visited everyone of Watson's JV basketball games. He wasnt allowed to speak with Watson, he just wanted to be seen there. Every single home game that didnt conflict with a football team function. It was all legal (then) because Watson wasnt being recruited as a basketball recruit. Just one example...but definitely a first in last out guy.
- Clean. He will exploit a loophole as noted above, but I'll be shocked if he ever draws NCAA ire.
- An offensive wunderkid. His success in scripted drives was over 70% resulting in TDs in his entire Clemson tenure. He is very creative. One of the most creative route tree designers Ive ever seen. Probably the best Ive ever personally seen.
- A great teacher of the game. In the calm of the classroom I am not sure I have ever seen a better teacher of football. Just phenomenal at explaining complex concepts and route trees in simple ways. Prior to his arrival there was sentiment in the football offices that Tajh Boyd would never contribute - primarily because he couldn't grasp the playbook. Morris had no problems teaching Boyd his system. I remember once him using a call of duty weapon analogy to explain progression preference.
- He has a fantastic feel as a play caller.Just a gut instinct about setting up a play and catching a team off balance.
- Fiery, focused and has a vision. Comfortable in his own skin. Knows who he is and who he wants to be.

Now those are a few of his positives. Let me give you the things that will have you pulling your hair out in due time.

Much is made of his Red Bull addiction. He legit has ADHD, and I subject that he self medicates with a ton of caffeine. Every off season he was touring the country and learning new offensive wrinkles. So much so that I think he lost a bit of who he was his last year at Clemson. I think he has learned from this but he will jump from trend to trend too often.

He is so smart and intellectual he overthinks the playbook. To illustrate this point, Clemson thought they had another OC signed when Morris left following the 14 season. In fact that OC had agreed to come and then backed out. Current Co-OCs Jeff Scott and Tony Elliott were promoted rather abruptly. They had each been groomed, primarily Scott -but Morris stumped for Elliot on the way out saying promote him or I'm making him my OC. Neither Scott nor Elliott had ever called plays before and here they sat less than a month away from having to play Oklahoma. Digesting the playbook appeared daunting and Watson was out with an injury. After 24 hours of trying to whittle it down to what back up Cole Stoudt cold perform well, Scott and Elliott made the unconventional decision 'We can't learn and memorize all 650 pages. It impossible to know where and what like he did. Lets keep the first 100 pages (400 plays !!!) and just set the rest aside and work from there..
There is a ton of bloat there and at times it can bog down his players mentally.

I mentioned above Morris is a master of the passing game. He will preach the importance of a power running game, but time and again when things went bad he would abandon the run all too quickly. Even if it was having success.

He will get too cute at times. Clemson fans all point back to this example, but there are numerous ones. In the midst of SC's unparalleled 5 game win streak against Clemson, in game 4, SC was clearly in Clemson's head. There was unrest in the coach's office and the tension was palpable. Opening drive Clemson goes 70 yards on 8 plays. SC had no answers and were on their heels. 1st and 10 from the 24ish....Morris dials up a double reverse WR pass. Sammy Watkins throws a pick and the team never recovers. He will do this and you will throw your hat. He will also occasionally do it and hit a bomb.

For as good of a teacher as he is in the classroom he is a bit too emotional in game. It takes a strong minded player to thrive with Morris. He will berate a mistake when a player needs a pick me up. Not every time mind you, but he shattered the aforementioned Cole Stoudt's confidence.

Finally, he will shop his name Every. Single. Year. If there is a job opening, Morris will be talked about as a candidate. I am hoping he grows out of this and Arkansas is certainly destination worthy. But history has shown he has never turned down an interview.

Last edited by CU Tiger : 12-07-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:45 PM   #2143
MrBug708
Head Coach

Speaking of shopping names, Jimmy Sexton is the rep for 11 of the SEC coaches now. God bless you guys
Old 12-07-2017, 01:52 PM   #2144
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

They can request a waiver and the NCAA likes to do whatever they want.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 04:28 PM   #2145
Edward64
Head Coach

Thanks CU for the in-depth notes. Looking forward to his offense!
Old 12-07-2017, 07:26 PM   #2146
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

QB Coach Tyson Helton leaves USC to become OC at Tennessee. Very happy for him and USC as I think they had 1 too many chefs in the kitchen at OC.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-07-2017 at 07:26 PM.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:40 PM   #2147
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
QB Coach Tyson Helton leaves USC to become OC at Tennessee. Very happy for him and USC as I think they had 1 too many chefs in the kitchen at OC.

This comes on the heels of Tee Martin reportedly being uninterested in the OC job at UT (since he was apparently never interviewed for the HC spot). Interesting, to say the least.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:44 PM   #2148
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This comes on the heels of Tee Martin reportedly being uninterested in the OC job at UT (since he was apparently never interviewed for the HC spot). Interesting, to say the least.

Yep. I wonder if Tee gave Tyson a glowing recommendation.
Old 12-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #2149
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yep. I wonder if Tee gave Tyson a glowing recommendation.

I wondered if it was more like "Uh, Tee ... this is awkward but um ... we weren't calling to talk about you ... we just wondered what you thought about Helton"
Old 12-07-2017, 08:01 PM   #2150
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

My wife (the UT alum) & I were talking about Martin a little earlier tonight. Basically that he was never really completely forgiven in Big Orange Country for winning a title when Manning couldn't.