Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-02-2022, 02:50 PM   #2101
AlexB
Pro Starter

It’s difficult with AB, as he’s clearly talented, but clearly not all there. I’m loathe to take the piss as I don’t think it’s him being a prima donna, I think he is genuinely mentally unstable and needs help
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 02:50 PM   #2102
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

What in the hell were the Jets doing with a QB sneak on 4th and 2?
Old 01-02-2022, 02:54 PM   #2103
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
What in the hell were the Jets doing with a QB sneak on 4th and 2?

Yeah I shouldn't have posted figuring that the Jets would try to screw themselves out of a win.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 02:56 PM   #2104
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Motherfucking Tom Brady.
Old 01-02-2022, 02:59 PM   #2105
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
It’s difficult with AB, as he’s clearly talented, but clearly not all there. I’m loathe to take the piss as I don’t think it’s him being a prima donna, I think he is genuinely mentally unstable and needs help

I gree. I just wouldn't want him on my team. Arians tried his best to defend him and he got burned.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:00 PM   #2106
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I know it's the Jets and all, but how is it possible for someone his age to do that?
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 03:00 PM   #2107
Ksyrup

LOL Jets.

And instead of going for the XP to make it a 3 point game, TB with the troll job of getting the 2 point conversion. Like, "We aren't concerned with you possibly beating us with a FG if we don't get this, but there's no fucking way you're scoring a TD."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 01-02-2022, 03:01 PM   #2108
AlexB
Pro Starter

That 2P conversion is something I’d do in RetroBowl, not IRL!

Last edited by AlexB : 01-02-2022 at 03:01 PM.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:02 PM   #2109
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Tua was ass in the 1st half, and then his receivers were ass in the 2nd half. Perfect combination.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 03:03 PM   #2110
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Just protecting their draft position?

I had the same thought. The draft standings make 4-13 potentially a lot better than 5-12. Might be time to think about reform.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:04 PM   #2111
Ksyrup

I'd go for it if I was Cincy.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:06 PM   #2112
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Looking at the Bengals/Chiefs... I'm not sure analytics has caught up to the reality of what defenses do in specific situations.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:07 PM   #2113
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The Bengals WTF was that?

Old 01-02-2022, 03:07 PM   #2114
Ksyrup

Worked perfectly. First down, take a knee and kick the FG.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:08 PM   #2115
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I hate the NFL...

...and will probably watch it next week.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:08 PM   #2116
Ksyrup

Get the win but lose Burrows. The Bengals!
Old 01-02-2022, 03:09 PM   #2117
spleen1015
Coordinator

As I get older, I’m finding I enjoy sports more if I remove emotion. Can’t handle the anxiety.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 01-02-2022 at 03:10 PM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 03:10 PM   #2118
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Might be the first QB stat line in history that includes both a spike and a kneel, and nothing else. Still a 39.6 rating, according to the NFL.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:12 PM   #2119
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
Might be the first QB stat line in history that includes both a spike and a kneel, and nothing else. Still a 39.6 rating, according to the NFL.

Lol. Out of interest how does your QB metric vary in this instance (if at all)?
Old 01-02-2022, 03:13 PM   #2120
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

If Burrow is hurt for any length of time, then fuck everything
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 03:16 PM   #2121
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I hate the NFL...

...and will probably watch it next week.

I find it difficult to watch anything else for more than a little while.

Even college ball. Here we are, 4:13 - a little over three hours since kickoff - and all nine games are in the books - five of the nine went down to the wire.

The way college ball is televised, we'd still have games just entering the fourth quarter - and the only real difference is commercial load.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:25 PM   #2122
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Lol. Out of interest how does your QB metric vary in this instance (if at all)?

In this case, it's an arbitrary distinction - it's only calculated when a QB starts, factors in the decision or attempts eight or more passes.

However, another bit of interesting logic - I calculate QB wins like baseball does - who is in the huddle (or would be in the huddle) for the winning score. Does Allen pick up the win here? I think I dealt with a similar instance (not as extreme) a decade or so ago by assigning the win to the starter anyway.

I will this time, since Allen doesn't even merit an entry in the master spreadsheet because he had no non-spike pass attempts (I remove those, as well as kneels for QB rushing).

Games are taken individually - it's not a stat taken at intervals like seasons or partial games.

It's based on the idea that you start at 50 and move up or down based on eight or nine assessments - some are totals, some are averages. So it's hard to get far from 50 with a shorter appearance. It's also recalculated after the season ends so that it can be blended in with NFL norms for the season (and surrounding seasons to produce a smoother curve of norms as well as allow for temporary fluctuations in QB talent).
Old 01-02-2022, 03:25 PM   #2123
Thomkal
Head Coach

Here I was all ready to celebrate the Ravens and Jets wins...oh.

And crazy finish in Cincy, grats to the Bengals
Old 01-02-2022, 03:29 PM   #2124
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic View Post
I find it difficult to watch anything else for more than a little while.

Even college ball. Here we are, 4:13 - a little over three hours since kickoff - and all nine games are in the books - five of the nine went down to the wire.

The way college ball is televised, we'd still have games just entering the fourth quarter - and the only real difference is commercial load.

Does stopping the clock on every first down materially change game time?
Old 01-02-2022, 03:30 PM   #2125
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

With Chase, the leader in rookie receiving yards, Jefferson, now #2 in rookie receiving yards, and Burrow, it's no wonder that LSU team was pretty good.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:32 PM   #2126
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
As I get older, I’m finding I enjoy sports more if I remove emotion. Can’t handle the anxiety.

This has been me for about the past decade. I don't really enjoy watching games of teams I have historically rooted for. Much rather just watch the games and enjoy them without caring much about winners/losers (or picking who I want to win/lose at that very moment but without any of the long-term caring).
Old 01-02-2022, 03:41 PM   #2127
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
This has been me for about the past decade. I don't really enjoy watching games of teams I have historically rooted for. Much rather just watch the games and enjoy them without caring much about winners/losers (or picking who I want to win/lose at that very moment but without any of the long-term caring).

Yes. Especially at the pro level where the Bengals always lose in the playoffs.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:47 PM   #2128
AlexB
Pro Starter

I gave up Sky Sports this year, which shows one of the early games and one of the late games every Sunday

Originally I thought I would just watch Redzone, which I could still get, but I didn’t enjoy the lack of ebb/flow in games, so signed up for GamePass just so I could watch the Dolphins games in full

Essentially I’ve found (much like our football) I only really enjoy it when i’m watching teams I care for.

Edit: TBF I should have worked this out years ago, as when I play games where I don’t control ‘my’ teams, I lose interest quickly

Last edited by AlexB : 01-02-2022 at 03:48 PM.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:47 PM   #2129
Atocep
Coordinator

How crazy is it that Derrick Henry entered the day 6th in rushing and hadn't played in 7 weeks?
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 03:47 PM   #2130
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:

I still get a kick out of Britishisms (country of my birth and all) - no mincing words there.

It's been pointed out how close he was to a $1 million incentive and over the years, this is nothing compared to how much he's lost from similar outbursts.

I don't think he'll be back with anyone. Brady lobbied for him because he knows he can command the respect necessary to work with any talent. Even the most frustrating of receivers respects what he's done and how he will get you the ball if you can be where he needs you to be.

Maybe when you earn more money than you want to ever spend (I don't know if Brown cares about mansions or jewelry or yachts or whatever people who have tens of millions want these days), you start to feel like the league owes you in different ways.

Brown has never had much of a tolerance for any perceived frustration. I don't think it's crazy. It's just a sport where WR is the one position where "team" applies much less. It still applies, but you are rewarded most for a kind of athleticism and ability that's mostly individual. Run the right route, but getting open doing it and coming down with the ball - that's on you.

Combine that with someone who never learned not to react in the moment and stuff like this can happen.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:54 PM   #2131
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Since I'm a glutton for punishment (aka Dolphins fan), I'm checking out the remaining playoff scenarios.

Remaining W17 games...

Broncos beat Chargers - This must happen or Dolphins are out.
Browns beat Steelers - This is ideal but not necessary.

If both games go that way, then W18...

Dolphins beat Pats - Obv
Chargers bear Raiders - This must happen or Dolphins are out.

Then the Dolphins would get in with either...

Steelers beat/tie Ravens or Bengals beat Browns or Chiefs beat Broncos

Old 01-02-2022, 03:56 PM   #2132
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Does stopping the clock on every first down materially change game time?

I would guess it adds an average of 5-6 minutes to every game. It's too late for an experiment this year, but try timing a normal commercial break for the current game (Dallas/Arizona here) on Fox. Then time a normal commercial break for a college game on Fox. There's a difference of at least a minute. Plus the NFL mostly gave up the post-kickoff commercial break. That, I think, adds about a half-hour, maybe more, to every game.

My guess is that a few years ago, the NFL demanded more control over the number of commercials in telecasts and that has yet to happen with the college football conferences.
Old 01-02-2022, 03:57 PM   #2133
Ksyrup

Hurts is going to be on the Covid list this coming week. But better than under the pile, I guess...

Old 01-02-2022, 04:07 PM   #2134
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
How crazy is it that Derrick Henry entered the day 6th in rushing and hadn't played in 7 weeks?

And he is suppose to play next week according to some Titan’s sources to “knock the rust off” before the playoffs.
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 04:15 PM   #2135
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Early scenarios for week 18 for the AFC

Tennessee
division champions
win -> #1 seed
tie + Kansas City loss/tie -> #1 seed
tie + Kansas City win -> #2 seed
loss + Kansas City loss + Cincinnati loss/tie + either New England loss/tie or Buffalo win -> #1
loss + 2 of 3: Kansas City loss, Cincinnati loss/tie, either New England loss/tie or Buffalo win -> #2
loss + 1 of 3: Kansas City loss, Cincinnati loss/tie, either New England loss/tie or Buffalo win -> #3
loss + Kansas City win/tie + Cincinnati win + New England win + Buffalo loss/tie -> #3

Kansas City
division champions
win + Tennessee loss/tie -> #1
win + Tennessee win -> #2
tie + Tennessee loss -> #1
tie + Tennessee win/tie -> #2
loss + Cincinnati loss/tie + Buffalo loss/tie + New England loss/tie -> #2
loss + Cincinnati loss/tie + either Buffalo win, New England win -> #3
loss + Cincinnati win + Buffalo loss/tie + New England loss/tie -> #3
loss + Cincinnati win + either Buffalo win, New England win -> #4

Cincinnati
division champions
win + Tennessee loss + Kansas City loss + either Buffalo win or New England loss/tie -> #1
win + Tennessee loss + Kansas City loss + either Buffalo loss/tie or New England win -> #2
win + 1 of 2 from: Tennessee loss, Kansas City loss + either Buffalo win or New England loss/tie -> #3
win + Tennessee win/tie + Kansas City win/tie + either Buffalo loss/tie or New England win -> #4
tie + Buffalo loss + New England loss -> #3
tie + Buffalo loss + New England win/tie -> #4
tie + Buffalo tie + New England loss/tie -> #3
tie + Buffalo tie + New England win -> #4
tie + Buffalo win -> #4

Buffalo
win + Cincinnati loss/tie + Kansas City loss -> #2
win + Cincinnati loss/tie + Kansas City win/tie -> #3
win + Cincinnati win + Kansas City loss -> #3
win + Cincinnati win + Kansas City win/tie -> #4
tie + New England loss/tie + Cincinnati loss -> #3
tie + New England loss/tie + Cincinnati win/tie -> #4
tie + New England win -> wild card (seed t.b.d. later)

New England
win + Buffalo loss/tie + Tennessee loss + Kansas City loss -> #1
win + Buffalo loss/tie + 1 of 2: Tennessee loss + Kansas City loss -> #2
win + Buffalo loss/tie + Tennessee win/tie + Kansas City win/tie -> #3
win + Buffalo win -> #5
tie + Buffalo loss + Cincinnati loss/tie -> #3
tie + Buffalo loss + Cincinnati win -> #4
tie + Buffalo win/tie -> #5
loss -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)

Las Vegas
win/tie -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)
loss + quite a lot (will figure out what tomorrow) -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)

Indianapolis
win -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)
tie -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)

LA Chargers
win + win/tie in week 17 -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)
win + loss in week 17 + quite a lot (will figure out what tomorrow) -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)
tie + win in week 17 -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)
tie + tie/loss in week 17 -> no playoffs
loss (in week 18) -> no playoffs

Miami
win + LA Chargers loss in week 17 and win in week 18 (vs Las Vegas) + Baltimore loss/tie (vs Pittsburgh) + Pittsburgh loss in week 17 + Cleveland loss/tie in week 18 -> wild card (7th seed)
With Cleveland involved, it would bring the tie-breakers between LA Chargers and Miami to strength of victory (which will be in LA Chargers' favor), but without Cleveland, Miami has common games over LA Chargers.

Baltimore
win + Cleveland doesn't win both games in week 17 & 18 + Miami loss -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)
This scenario puts Baltimore into a tied situation with either or both Indianapolis and LA Chargers for one of the last two wild cards, in which case the h-t-h sweep should given Baltimore preference over Indianapolis and/or LA Chargers.

Pittsburgh
win + win in week 17 + 1 of 2 from: Indianapolis loss, Las Vegas loss, LA Chargers loss in week 17 -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)

Cleveland
eliminated

Denver
eliminated

Last edited by MIJB#19 : 01-02-2022 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Miami fix, Pittsburgh fix
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 04:23 PM   #2136
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Why is Miami eliminated? Is this assuming Chargers hold on to their current lead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Early scenarios for week 18 for the AFC

Tennessee
division champions
win -> #1 seed
tie + Kansas City loss/tie -> #1 seed
tie + Kansas City win -> #2 seed
loss + Kansas City loss + Cincinnati loss/tie + either New England loss/tie or Buffalo win -> #1
loss + 2 of 3: Kansas City loss, Cincinnati loss/tie, either New England loss/tie or Buffalo win -> #2
loss + 1 of 3: Kansas City loss, Cincinnati loss/tie, either New England loss/tie or Buffalo win -> #3
loss + Kansas City win/tie + Cincinnati win + New England win + Buffalo loss/tie -> #3

Kansas City
division champions
win + Tennessee loss/tie -> #1
win + Tennessee win -> #2
tie + Tennessee loss -> #1
tie + Tennessee win/tie -> #2
loss + Cincinnati loss/tie + Buffalo loss/tie + New England loss/tie -> #2
loss + Cincinnati loss/tie + either Buffalo win, New England win -> #3
loss + Cincinnati win + Buffalo loss/tie + New England loss/tie -> #3
loss + Cincinnati win + either Buffalo win, New England win -> #4

Cincinnati
division champions
win + Tennessee loss + Kansas City loss + either Buffalo win or New England loss/tie -> #1
win + Tennessee loss + Kansas City loss + either Buffalo loss/tie or New England win -> #2
win + 1 of 2 from: Tennessee loss, Kansas City loss + either Buffalo win or New England loss/tie -> #3
win + Tennessee win/tie + Kansas City win/tie + either Buffalo loss/tie or New England win -> #4
tie + Buffalo loss + New England loss -> #3
tie + Buffalo loss + New England win/tie -> #4
tie + Buffalo tie + New England loss/tie -> #3
tie + Buffalo tie + New England win -> #4
tie + Buffalo win -> #4

Buffalo
win + Cincinnati loss/tie + Kansas City loss -> #2
win + Cincinnati loss/tie + Kansas City win/tie -> #3
win + Cincinnati win + Kansas City loss -> #3
win + Cincinnati win + Kansas City win/tie -> #4
tie + New England loss/tie + Cincinnati loss -> #3
tie + New England loss/tie + Cincinnati win/tie -> #4
tie + New England win -> wild card (seed t.b.d. later)

New England
win + Buffalo loss/tie + Tennessee loss + Kansas City loss -> #1
win + Buffalo loss/tie + 1 of 2: Tennessee loss + Kansas City loss -> #2
win + Buffalo loss/tie + Tennessee win/tie + Kansas City win/tie -> #3
win + Buffalo win -> #5
tie + Buffalo loss + Cincinnati loss/tie -> #3
tie + Buffalo loss + Cincinnati win -> #4
tie + Buffalo win/tie -> #5
loss -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)

Las Vegas
win/tie -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)

Indianapolis
win -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)
tie -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)

LA Chargers
win + win/tie in week 17 -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)
win + loss in week 17 + quite a lot (will figure out what tomorrow) -> wild card (seed t.b.d.) -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)
tie + win in week 17 -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)
tie + tie/loss in week 17 -> no playoffs
loss (in week 18) -> no playoffs

Miami
eliminated

Baltimore
win + Cleveland doesn't win both games in week 17 & 18 + Miami loss -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)
This scenario puts Baltimore into a tied situation with either or both Indianapolis and LA Chargers for one of the last two wild cards, in which case the h-t-h sweep should given Baltimore preference over Indianapolis and/or LA Chargers.

Pittsburgh
win + win in week 17 + 1 of 2 from: Indianapolis loss, Las Vegas loss, LA Chargers loss in week 17 or 18 -> wild card (seed t.b.d.)

Cleveland
eliminated

Denver
eliminated

Old 01-02-2022, 04:23 PM   #2137
henry296
College Starter

For the Steelers scenario since LV/LAC play each other they need LAC to lose today and then LV to lose next week. They would be out with a LAC/LV tie since they would lose that 3 way tiebreaker because they lost to both of them.
Old 01-02-2022, 04:23 PM   #2138
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

Also this.
Old 01-02-2022, 04:27 PM   #2139
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Why is Miami eliminated? Is this assuming Chargers hold on to their current lead?
Fixed it.
Old 01-02-2022, 04:27 PM   #2140
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post

Per Miami Herald

Quote:
Miami would be mathematically eliminated if the Chargers beat or tie the Denver Broncos Sunday afternoon in Los Angeles.
Old 01-02-2022, 04:33 PM   #2141
AlexB
Pro Starter

Is it too simplistic to see Micah Parsons as what Isaiah Simmons should have been?
Old 01-02-2022, 04:37 PM   #2142
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
For the Steelers scenario since LV/LAC play each other they need LAC to lose today and then LV to lose next week. They would be out with a LAC/LV tie since they would lose that 3 way tiebreaker because they lost to both of them.
Close, but technically incorrect, as there will be no 3way. The tie between LA Chargers and Las Vegas will be broken first in the LA Chargers' favor. Pittsburgh then will indeed lose the 2way tie vs Las Vegas or LA Chargers on head-to-head.

Pittsburgh's way in would indeed be to finish at 9-7-1 with Las Vegas losing to LA Chargers next week and LA Chargers losing today. The ultimate backdoor in would be to tie one of their last two to make them 8-7-2, see Cleveland at 8-8-1 at best and then also need Miami to tie their last game to nullify the hth loss to LA Chargers and make superior conference record Pittsburgh's winning tie-breaker over LA Chargers and Miami.
Old 01-02-2022, 04:37 PM   #2143
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Per Miami Herald

Right. I know that as I posted above. I was wondering why they were already eliminated since that hadn't happened yet.

Old 01-02-2022, 04:43 PM   #2144
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Per Miami Herald
Quote:
Miami would be mathematically eliminated if the Chargers beat or tie the Denver Broncos Sunday afternoon in Los Angeles.
Yes, because the Las Vegas - LA Chargers game in week 18 ensures that if LA Chargers doesn't lose today, the AFC West #2 team will be at least 9-7-1, which would put Miami out. Miami's only way in is to end up tied with the LA Chargers at 9-8 after beating Las Vegas and without Baltimore or Pittsburgh or Cleveland also at 9-7 (or 8-7-2 in Pittsburgh's case). Pittsburgh would have conference record tie-breaker, or if it's Baltimore or Cleveland, the LA Chargers will beat Miami on strength of victory.
Old 01-02-2022, 04:44 PM   #2145
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I like the fact that the announcer said that Adrian Petersen is a great motivator.

I wonder if that implies that AP had a switch in his hand or not.
Old 01-02-2022, 06:11 PM   #2146
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Arians is a good coach, but he does not strike me as the coach I’d want with a melting-down locker room. Will be interesting to see how that goes.

Luckily for the Buc's, the GOAT pretty much runs the locker room.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 06:46 PM   #2147
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well I guess mt=y beloved Cards will win a game again this season. And I'd like to petition the Commissioner to have the Cardinals play all their games in Dallas stadium, thank you very much
Old 01-02-2022, 06:58 PM   #2148
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

Without emotion, what is the point of even watching?
Old 01-02-2022, 07:52 PM   #2149
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Just protecting their draft position?

The Giants have Chicago's first round pick. So whether they won or lost, they would have both helped and hurt their draft position.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 08:00 PM   #2150
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Without emotion, what is the point of even watching?

The drama of sports and the personal emotion one might invest in a team or game are not the same things.