Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2006, 08:38 AM   #2101
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Coffee Warlord as everyone is getting up from breakfast, goes over to near where Schmidty was sitting and finds a couple pieces of hair. CW takes the hair back to his lab. There is clearly some kind of test going on in the lab which CW is monitoring.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:38 AM   #2102
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Qwik... Qwik..... Qwik....

Why didn't you repair the engines last night? We could be off this planet if you had

As for the mutiny vote, you can't mutiny without my vote, so lets put this aside now and forget yesterday. We still have the same suspects as yesterday...

One question Barkeep... you say I was in my quarters doing the mission plans, I thought i was locked in the brig last night. Was I just confused?

I planned up one mining mission and one overlord attack mission last night in case we had need of them today. I had hoped we would be lifting off just about right now though.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:42 AM   #2103
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

And surprise surprise, there's my new toy. Spawn/Spawning Scanner. I prefer to call it the Warlordian-Yak Quasimatrix Positronic Dephalizer.

According to the description, it takes awhile to get results, so I'll let you know about Schmidty as soon as I can.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:02 AM   #2104
SnDvls
Pro Starter

so Qwik what happened?
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:16 AM   #2105
SnDvls
Pro Starter

interesting I wasn't sure I'd still be around, but I didn't expect qwik to be on and not answer my question or Alan's.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:21 AM   #2106
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Crap. I forgot about the time difference. I thought I was okay to send in my night action and vote. I would've voted for mutiny too.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:26 AM   #2107
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Crap. I forgot about the time difference. I thought I was okay to send in my night action and vote. I would've voted for mutiny too.

Mutiny vote wouldn't have mattered. You can't mutiny without my yes vote.

I thought about it for a long time last night, went back and forth on it. In the end I could see how Sndvls made the thought progression that he did to get to Talgian. I just think it was illtimed and set us back a day. Making a poor decision does not necessarily make you a bad guy though, and sometimes its easier to make the "good" choices when you are a bad guy since you know more of the hidden facts.

Sndvls isn't high up my trust list, but we definitly did not need to lose multiple good guys at our hands. For me to have voted mutiny would have been playing a hunch just like I think Sndvls did, and didn't make sense to me when we have solid facts that incriminate others. I can always start a mutiny later if we find reason to, so no reason for it last night.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:30 AM   #2108
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Gotcha. I'm very leery of SnDvls and it was a surprise to see that he lynched Talgian. Talgian gave off some pretty good vibes so it was definitely weird that he was lynched in lieu of dubb or Schmidty.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:33 AM   #2109
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Gotcha. I'm very leery of SnDvls and it was a surprise to see that he lynched Talgian. Talgian gave off some pretty good vibes so it was definitely weird that he was lynched in lieu of dubb or Schmidty.

Except, he was in the brig with me last night. And, unless he went after Alan, he kept his hands to himself.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:46 AM   #2110
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

If you read barkeeps write up I had changed it to someone else, but it was past the deadline. I had read it as 30 mins. past deadline was okay in reality I had to do it 30 mins. prior.

anyhow I won't be taking any more liberities w/ changing the vote.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:46 AM   #2111
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord
Except, he was in the brig with me last night. And, unless he went after Alan, he kept his hands to himself.
*out of game*

I would hope so.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:47 AM   #2112
Raiders Army
Coordinator

But I heard jail makes for some interesting bedfellows.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:59 AM   #2113
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
*out of game*

I would hope so.

I was waiting for someone to say something like that.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:01 AM   #2114
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I would go out on a limb and say that CW's scan of Schmidty is going to come back clean, unless he just choose to not do shit last night on purpose. He didn't even attempt to guard anything, just slept like a baby.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 10:26 AM   #2115
path12
Coordinator

Fuck. Back to the goddamn engines.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:56 AM   #2116
path12
Coordinator

Two things -- shouldn't Anxiety and I be exhausted from working last night?

Also, what do others make of Qwik not putting his work order in.......oversight or deliberate? I think I need to go back through some posts.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:06 AM   #2117
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Two things -- shouldn't Anxiety and I be exhausted from working last night?

Also, what do others make of Qwik not putting his work order in.......oversight or deliberate? I think I need to go back through some posts.

Its the second time he's not gone with the plan and its delayed us. (First time was a few days ago when you and Anxiety said you were working on repairing something, and he chose to repair it too even though we only needed 2 people on it.) It could be from being too busy, or lack of following closely, or could be planned. The weird part was that there was 0 spawn activity from what I can tell based on Barkeep's report.. So there was nothing stopping us from leaving today except ourselves.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:10 AM   #2118
Swaggs
Coordinator

CW, how many uses do you have per day?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:12 AM   #2119
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
CW, how many uses do you have per day?

Just the one, unfortunately. Certainly better than nothing, though.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:27 AM   #2120
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Well, I would go out on a limb and say that CW's scan of Schmidty is going to come back clean, unless he just choose to not do shit last night on purpose. He didn't even attempt to guard anything, just slept like a baby.

That's actually what happened in real life too.

I fell asleep on the couch watching a movie, woke up at 2 A.M. and sleepwalked to bed. Although I would normally check the board before bed, I was so tired, I didn't even think about it.

Oops.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 11:43 AM   #2121
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Do we have any desire to try for any type of mission today? Don't really think we need water or crystals, but we could try an exploration mission of some kind.

Seemed we learned a little bit about a group of people yesterday, not sure if there would be a downside to one if we chose specific people we wanted to try out. Thoughts?
Old 07-18-2006, 11:46 AM   #2122
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I'll say this. I'd bet my life that if you send me back to the fight the overlord he ends up dead.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:48 AM   #2123
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'll say this. I'd bet my life that if you send me back to the fight the overlord he ends up dead.

And I think that is as strong of a statement as it gets in these games.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:02 PM   #2124
path12
Coordinator

We could spare an engineer to go on a mission if necessary.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #2125
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Its the second time he's not gone with the plan and its delayed us. (First time was a few days ago when you and Anxiety said you were working on repairing something, and he chose to repair it too even though we only needed 2 people on it.) It could be from being too busy, or lack of following closely, or could be planned. The weird part was that there was 0 spawn activity from what I can tell based on Barkeep's report.. So there was nothing stopping us from leaving today except ourselves.

I would buy this, but he was on when I asked my question and he never responded.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:37 PM   #2126
path12
Coordinator

Well, we've got CW testing Schmidty, and if we send a mission with Dubb to the overlord we have a way of seeing if his prediction is correct, so it's almost a way to test them both without wasting a vote. If they are both clean/successful maybe we can take a look at Qwik or elsewhere.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:39 PM   #2127
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I need to go on the road to drive for a few hours. I should be able to check in before 6pm time for away teams. I don't want to send anything yet until I get some more information..

In particular, I would like more than just Dubb's opinion about an attack team. Would it even be worthwhile, or are we just running in circles here. A bigger issue that I have is obviously we need to include personal who are trained in fighting (ie: our security team), but I am running low on who i trust.

Out of these 7 people, I trust 1, neutral about 2 and the rest I am uneasy about.

Captain - sndvls Wounded
Second Officer - Schmidty Wounded
Sergeant at Arms - dubb93 Exhausted
Warden – kingfc22 Wounded Exhausted
Galley Master - Raiders Army Wounded
Security Crewman – Swaggs Wounded
Bek

I could send some engineers.. but thats not going to be too useful for an attack team though... in this group I trust 2 and am uneasy about 1.

Qwikshot
Anxiety
Path

Other options are some kind of exploration mission where sending engineers aren't a huge concern to me and I can put in 5 people I trust.

Or we can just not do anything...

I'll be back in about 2 - 3 hours.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:58 PM   #2128
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I need to go on the road to drive for a few hours. I should be able to check in before 6pm time for away teams. I don't want to send anything yet until I get some more information..

In particular, I would like more than just Dubb's opinion about an attack team. Would it even be worthwhile, or are we just running in circles here. A bigger issue that I have is obviously we need to include personal who are trained in fighting (ie: our security team), but I am running low on who i trust.

Out of these 7 people, I trust 1, neutral about 2 and the rest I am uneasy about.

Captain - sndvls Wounded
Second Officer - Schmidty Wounded
Sergeant at Arms - dubb93 Exhausted
Warden – kingfc22 Wounded Exhausted
Galley Master - Raiders Army Wounded
Security Crewman – Swaggs Wounded
Bek

I could send some engineers.. but thats not going to be too useful for an attack team though... in this group I trust 2 and am uneasy about 1.

Qwikshot
Anxiety
Path

Other options are some kind of exploration mission where sending engineers aren't a huge concern to me and I can put in 5 people I trust.

Or we can just not do anything...

I'll be back in about 2 - 3 hours.

Just send me, it couldn't be any clearer, I'll kill him. I'm sure that as long as the majority of my mission mates aren't spawn I will kill him. I know how much damange we've done to him both times, I was there. I told you that we wouldn't kill him on that last mission and we didn't, I'm now telling you that if you send me, he's fuckin dead this time. I really hurt him, hell, I could have killed him if Schmidty hadn't ordered me to the ship.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:58 PM   #2129
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

PS, dont send Qwik....
Old 07-18-2006, 01:08 PM   #2130
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

To be fair, I was one of the ones in the first OL mission to injure and wound the OL as well. If you wanted to send me, I wouldn't lose any sleep.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:18 PM   #2131
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
To be fair, I was one of the ones in the first OL mission to injure and wound the OL as well. If you wanted to send me, I wouldn't lose any sleep.

-Anxiety

There's a good idea. Two of us on board.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:26 PM   #2132
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I had a real life issue come up, I woke up dizzy this morning and vomiting, apparantly I have positional vertigo and spent most of the day in bed and on the phone with the doctor.

As for Qwik the Engineer, I f*cked up but I'm not bad.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:42 PM   #2133
Swaggs
Coordinator

I don't have a problem with a 2-3 man mission versus the Overlord, with Dubb being a member. It would certainly answer some questions and he seems pretty certain of his chances of success.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:47 PM   #2134
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

We have 3 phasers...personally I would put a vote out for an away team consisting of me, Alan, and Anxiety. Short and to the point. No point in having people with phasers getting hurt and slowing us down.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:47 PM   #2135
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We have 3 phasers...personally I would put a vote out for an away team consisting of me, Alan, and Anxiety. Short and to the point. No point in having people without phasers getting hurt and slowing us down.

fixed.
Old 07-18-2006, 02:45 PM   #2136
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Mutiny vote wouldn't have mattered. You can't mutiny without my yes vote.

I thought about it for a long time last night, went back and forth on it. In the end I could see how Sndvls made the thought progression that he did to get to Talgian. I just think it was illtimed and set us back a day. Making a poor decision does not necessarily make you a bad guy though, and sometimes its easier to make the "good" choices when you are a bad guy since you know more of the hidden facts.

Sndvls isn't high up my trust list, but we definitly did not need to lose multiple good guys at our hands. For me to have voted mutiny would have been playing a hunch just like I think Sndvls did, and didn't make sense to me when we have solid facts that incriminate others. I can always start a mutiny later if we find reason to, so no reason for it last night.
Actually a NIGHT mutiny, taken after the Captain overrides an execution, can be done without the first officer. It's only during the day that the First Officer must agree as part of the normal lynching.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-18-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 02:59 PM   #2137
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well kids, the Warlordian-Yak QuasiMatrix Positronic Dephalizer has finished its processing, and with 98% certainty, Schmidty is a dirty, smelly, Spawn.

Vote Schmidty
Old 07-18-2006, 03:03 PM   #2138
path12
Coordinator

I knew he was bad! Vote Schmidty.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #2139
Swaggs
Coordinator

Sounds good to me.

Vote Schmidty

Anymore thought to the away mission versus the Overlord?
Old 07-18-2006, 03:07 PM   #2140
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Well, it depends. How long will it take us to fix this wreck of a yacht? Is it really worth risking lives/exposure to spawnlings?
Old 07-18-2006, 03:11 PM   #2141
SnDvls
Pro Starter

VOTE SCHMIDTY

he's the one who should have died yesterday w/o my goof he would have been gone.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:12 PM   #2142
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

Anymore thought to the away mission versus the Overlord?

honestly I want off this rock
Old 07-18-2006, 03:18 PM   #2143
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote Schmidty. Again.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 03:20 PM   #2144
Swaggs
Coordinator

I just think we will have trouble getting away with the Overlord having power over the atmosphere. If Dubb has specific knowledge that we can knock the Overlord out with one more trip, it would seem worthwhile.

Also, unless I am mistaken, going on an away mission should have no effect on whether or not we can lift off, as we can run an away mission, get the final cycle of engine repair in, and lift off.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:31 PM   #2145
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Good work Coffee, I think Schmidty being a spawn explains alot of what happened the last 2 days/nights.

I like the idea of another strike team being smaller as others have mentioned. I don't want to go on it though myself. This isn't really a slam against Sndvls as I can't override his orders if he gives one, but I only really have high trust in myself currently among the officers and would rather keep my AP in case.

That leaves either Schmidty or Sndvls to lead it, and I have no intentions on letting Schmidty lead it. Sndvls how do you feel about me sending you on the away team? You'd still have AP to spare anyways.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #2146
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, unless I am mistaken, going on an away mission should have no effect on whether or not we can lift off, as we can run an away mission, get the final cycle of engine repair in, and lift off.

Unless we get a bad dice roll because of my exhaustion, we should be good to go after today as far as the engines.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #2147
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

oh yeah before I forget

Vote Schmidty
Old 07-18-2006, 03:34 PM   #2148
SnDvls
Pro Starter

if it takes me to prove I'm still good send me away...I'm ready
Old 07-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #2149
SnDvls
Pro Starter

alan - the other good reason to send me is if I die you move up and get my AP for the day. So you'd get 3 more AP to use.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #2150
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - and schmidty would have none as 1st officer