Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

CR, a response in light of this info?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #2102
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I have received a pm from stcronin stating that he forgot to send me a night action pm. Bulbus Senna visited me last night and was rather boring. He wanted to talk politics of Rome and is writing some sort of text.

Old 04-14-2007, 05:44 PM   #2103
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Chubby checked in earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post

I am 90% sure that Ardent Enthusiast is a Tarq. I haven't received a single PM concerning the "identity" of dead people. Of course, I've always been a horrible analysis guy... so, there.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:04 PM   #2104
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
When's the next deadline?

quoted for absurdity

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:07 PM   #2105
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nevermind. Your taunting knows no end, cronin.

Quote:

I am 90% sure that Ardent Enthusiast is a Tarq. I haven't received a single PM concerning the "identity" of dead people. Of course, I've always been a horrible analysis guy... so, there.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #2106
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
DC, what kind of info so you get on a scan? Does it tell you the senator is Republican or Tarq? Does it say good guy or bad guy, etc?

Unfortunately no allegiance, only that there was no evidence of wrongdoing... that's it.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:22 PM   #2107
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post

Narc, you wanted someone to arrest, arrest me. I seem to have dropped in trust so if this is the only way to gain it back, then by all means do it. Actually, I'll be fairly dissapointed if I'm not.

Quote:
I didn't finish the point I was trying to make. If the top wealthy and the counsel are or the Republic, then the wealthy should be arrested, hire a laywer to prove their innocence and if they're innocent great and if they're not then we got a Tarq.

Ehh... Grammaticus, Anxiety and Ardent skipped over this. I don't see why the wealthiest or counsel wouldn't go with this idea. I am willing to go to jail to prove my innocence, why not anyone else? Once my innocence is proven, then I will no longer bid for Ardent or whoever else becomes lawyer, so the other wealthy can bid for him and prove their innocence. If the counsel doesn't go with this, then I will have to doubt his allegiance to the Republic.

Hello... anyone? Is this thing on?
Old 04-14-2007, 06:23 PM   #2108
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
CR, a response in light of this info?

If you're talking about st. cronin's order of process, then I go back to my original point. At least a Tarq doesn't get it.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #2109
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hey, good point, DC. Might brave of you, I might add.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:31 PM   #2110
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ehh... Grammaticus, Anxiety and Ardent skipped over this. I don't see why the wealthiest or counsel wouldn't go with this idea. I am willing to go to jail to prove my innocence, why not anyone else? Once my innocence is proven, then I will no longer bid for Ardent or whoever else becomes lawyer, so the other wealthy can bid for him and prove their innocence. If the counsel doesn't go with this, then I will have to doubt his allegiance to the Republic.

Hello... anyone? Is this thing on?

The problem I have with that is how long it takes and how many variables there are. My plan has one variable for the rich--will they get killed before they use their service? They will pretty much get what they bid for and use it the next day. And the wolves can't kill everyone who hires a critical service. They would have to pick and choose. And doing so leaves out lawyers, consuls, tribunes and high profile analysis people like myself as targets, too. And the plan guarantees the wolves don't get the sword killer, short of a Tarq being involved in the process (and thus revealing themselves).

This plan of arresting the wealthy and scanning them, wastes a day with an arrest for the good, and the Tarq numbers are too small in relation to justify the one in five times we nab a Tarq (and that also assumes a Tarq qould go along with it, which I am guessing they wouldn't). First you would have to arrest them. Then you have to scan them AND re-arrest them because you won't get the scan results before they have to be voted on. Then one in five chances you have a Tarq, and the second day's vote is easy, but more likely you have a good Senator taking up a jail spot. Oh yeah, and for two days they can't help get services. And even if you get the scan, the person buying the service and doing the scan has to be believed to be loyal as well.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:38 PM   #2111
Barkeep49
Coordinator

And we've seen that there are several ways to disrupt a scan between the sex slaves sent at ardent and the arresting of Neon.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:39 PM   #2112
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Oh and btw if I'm never seen or heard from again, tell the police that hoopsguy did it
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:42 PM   #2113
hoopsguy
General Manager

I don't know what in the world you are talking about, Barkeep
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:20 PM   #2114
Ironhead
College Prospect

My Top Suspects Right Now
  • Dodgerchick - She has been numero uno suspect for me from Day 2. With the exception of the night she sent the sex slaves at me, which I would point out is the only night I have been prevented from obtaining a service that would help the village, her other service wins are not verifiable. I find it curious that the day after she claims AlanT is good through a scan he gets poisoned. AlanT always provides very good analysis, but he wasn't going to be winning any service any time soon. It struck me almost as a "See, Dodgerchick was telling the truth!" kinda deal, but as a wolf she knows who is good and bad anyway.

Considering that she is the richest person in Rome her utter and complete refusal to aid the village is frustrating and damning to me. EVEN IF she didn't want to follow other people's advice on what service would be best to bid on, it seems clear to me that the best way to aid the village is to prevent a daily freaking kill. Also, given that it is so clear the power she wields with her wealth why is she still alive? Surely the wolves know that she could have any service she wants on a given day. I think at this point she would be their main target but yet she is still quite alive.
  • Chubby/LonestarGirl - Strong hunch. I provided an analysis last night regarding Chubby and Passus. After reviewing Passus' most recent posts I feel better about him, and am leaning towards executing Chubby tonight.
  • Neon Chaos - Quiet as a mouse until he became 2nd best lawyer yesterday. Has posted much more in the past day, but has yet to provide a single bit of real useful analysis. Claims to have read 25 pages of completely useless information at one point - doesn't comment at all on it and just votes without real explanation. (post #1250) Also tried to vote Dodgerchick as Consul the other day, of who I am very suspicious.

Strong Distrust
  • Daddytorgo
  • Ardent

These two have made it here just from what I can observe of their interactions with other players. At one point on Thursday at DaddyTorgo came on and posted at 5:56 PM that he had been out all day and "wondered what he had missed". 4 minutes later he has elected Hoopsguy as Consul, and two more minutes later he voted Narcizo as Consul. I feel good about both of those players, but damn...6 minutes to catch up and feel good enough about who you are going to put in power? This starts on post #1341 for anyone that wants to check.

Ardent just seems to be babbling to me, and in general clogging the thread up. I found it strange this morning that I once again questioned why the top players weren't targeting the service that would best aid the village. He then peppered of like 6 posts in a row until the thread hit the next page. All of his thoughts could have easily fit into one post. Almost felt like he was trying to bury my post.

One player that I am finally starting to feel good about is Coffee Warlord. When I was taking a look at him I realized something regarding his use of the lawyer when he was arrested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post

Sorry, I forgot to elaborate on this. The reason there was only recorded vote for Yakus was the impassioned defense put on by Swaggus Swaggus. He was able to change 3 Senators' minds, out of 4 preliminary votes.

From the Rules:
- to defend yourself from an accusation of treason (this will be more effective if the player is, in fact, innocent)

Would the lawyers really give an impassioned defense of a man they knew was guilty, and change 75% of the votes against him?
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:29 PM   #2115
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so I havn't read it all...but it stands to reason that we should proceed like this I think:

top wealth person bids on the 2nd BG to protect the 2nd person
2nd person bids on the killer to direct them to kill someone
3rd person bids on the BG to protect the first person

given this yes, we could lose the 3rd person, so the person in the 2nd level of wealth that we trust ought to sue all the more poor people in order to move up to the 3rd place everyday.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 07:33 PM   #2116
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

ironhead: I agree with you about dodger. it's very weird she's done nothing.

as for my quick votes: everyone who has played with me in the past knows that I think Narcizio is a kickass villager. So when I saw he had votes for consul, that was pretty much a given that I'd vote for him.

And I don't have a strong distrust of hoops in this game, indeed from the very beginning I have agreed with him on strategies that have been beneficial to the village to follow, so a vote for him was slightly more thought than the narcizio one, but not one I really needed to think on.

the whole "lawyers+wealth+jail" thing has just completely tossed all my analyzing out the window
Old 04-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #2117
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Ardent

Ardent just seems to be babbling to me, and in general clogging the thread up. I found it strange this morning that I once again questioned why the top players weren't targeting the service that would best aid the village. He then peppered of like 6 posts in a row until the thread hit the next page. All of his thoughts could have easily fit into one post. Almost felt like he was trying to bury my post.

Have it your and Neon's way. I won't post again in this thread until tomorrow.

Quote:

Old 04-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #2118
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Spiteful dola:

This time tomorrow, heck, let's make it Monday.

Quote:

Old 04-14-2007, 07:59 PM   #2119
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so let's lynch ardent and then if neon is lying we lynch him. Either way, one of them is lying.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:41 PM   #2120
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thumbs up AE's Rome Thread

In this thread, AE can make all the comments he wants, without cluttering up the actual thread.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:42 PM   #2121
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Neon_Chaos has bene pinging my radar all game long. I have no porblem voting for him.

Vote to "bump" Neon_Chaos

Old 04-14-2007, 08:43 PM   #2122
Poli
FOFC Survivor

1. I am loyal to the Republic, and I was the 2nd best lawyer in Rome, according to St. Cronin.

2. Neon Chaos doesn't know jack. No clue = Neon Chaos.

3. Neither does ironhead. Ironhead, you're an iron head that is full of himself.

4. CR has done some good analysis.

5. Day 1, I bid on an ex-legionaire (name to be filled in when I look it up). I got him. I decided to protect myself.
Day 2: CW goes to jail. He's the only one. Swaggs is alive. Day 2 ends with CW freed, Swaggs dead. BulletSponge on the block. I tried, but failed, to hire the slaves.
Day 3: I am the new best lawyer. Schmidty is the #2. Ends with BS off the rock. I am the first to report that BS was good. It was later verified by Schmidty. ITC goes on the block. I tried again, to hire the slaves, and failed.
Day 4: Schmidty dies by the Tarqs. ITC goes on the rocks. Neon becomes the new lawyer. LSG goes on the block. I hired the horseguy Oceanus. I send a message to Hoops, but hoops dies before he gets it.
Day 5: LSG gets replaced by Chubby, but we still haven't heard much from him. LSG/Chubby get the pass. Neon and Chubby go to jail. I try to hire a legionaire, but end up with the male and female sex slaves at my door. While you might think life is grand, I grow tired of the people accusing me of trying to hide behind uninformative posts when in fact, DUH, I'm just bored.

6. I HAVE NEVER LIED IN THIS GAME. I HAVE NOT LIED IN THIS THREAD, EITHER.

7. I can't wait to sue EVERYONE. I'm hoping for some good info. Good thing that the lawsuits are heard before I could potentially go to jail.

8. Despite their questioning, I still feel Kwhit and CW are on the good side. I feel moderately the same about Barkeep and Narcizo. I also think highly of Autumn.

9. Here are how I feel about everyone left in this game (copied from the wealth page):
Abeus Anxietus - Not sure, and that worries me.
Dodgeus Erchickus - Good vibrations. The explosion actually reminds me of me.
Kayus Whitus - Good vibrations. At least he put in arrests.

Coffeus Yakus Warlordus - Good vibrations. I liked early on how he seemed to question without abandon, but I don't think I've seen that as of late.
Ironus Headus - No clue. As in, I think he might be bad. I went back to see what crucial info he put out, and it was that he hired someone. Meh, followed by my vote for Consul and other posts by myself that weren't exactly filler, and I'd post again if need be.
Passus Caglius - Replacement player, pretty honest and I like that.
Pathus Twelvus - Still weary of him.

Autumnus Leavus - Seems to be very knowledgable. I like him.
Barkeepus Valerius Fortynineus - I liked his reasoning for why his arrests weren't made. Not sure I like anything else.
Chiefus Rumus - Good info put out, and is kind of in the same boat with me. Not sure why the wolves haven't killed him yet.
Narcizus Lispus - Not sure how I feel about the Consul right now. At least he put in an arrest...and I like that he arrested Neon.
Peregrinus Barbarus - Not sure how I feel about him.

Chubbus Chubbus - LSG/Chubby. Not a fan of this disappearing act.
Daddyus Torgous - I noticed he went in right after me and suggested that I get thrown off the rock. Another a reference to me maybe having a chance to decide something. Get your head out of your butt. Listen to what I'm saying. I'm getting a strong Tarq feeling from him.
Grammus Atticus - No feel on him, kind of worries me. Reviewed all of his posts, not sure there's anything there.
Mustangus Sallus - No feel on him.
Neonus Chaosus - 90% sure I'm bad. Ha.
Tyrus Ithus - Same as path.

This post will be edited, since I can edit anything I want in my own thread. I will add more notes as I can. Currently I am watching television and will add notes as I think of them and during commercials. Given the current time, I may have to add some tomorrow.

Last edited by Poli : 04-15-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 08:44 PM   #2123
Poli
FOFC Survivor

This is more fun than I could imagine.
Old 04-14-2007, 08:53 PM   #2124
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
The problem I have with that is how long it takes and how many variables there are. My plan has one variable for the rich--will they get killed before they use their service? They will pretty much get what they bid for and use it the next day. And the wolves can't kill everyone who hires a critical service. They would have to pick and choose. And doing so leaves out lawyers, consuls, tribunes and high profile analysis people like myself as targets, too. And the plan guarantees the wolves don't get the sword killer, short of a Tarq being involved in the process (and thus revealing themselves).

This plan of arresting the wealthy and scanning them, wastes a day with an arrest for the good, and the Tarq numbers are too small in relation to justify the one in five times we nab a Tarq (and that also assumes a Tarq qould go along with it, which I am guessing they wouldn't). First you would have to arrest them. Then you have to scan them AND re-arrest them because you won't get the scan results before they have to be voted on. Then one in five chances you have a Tarq, and the second day's vote is easy, but more likely you have a good Senator taking up a jail spot. Oh yeah, and for two days they can't help get services. And even if you get the scan, the person buying the service and doing the scan has to be believed to be loyal as well.

I was more or less going to argue this same thing when I read DC's post, but CR did it much better than I did, so I'll just show it again.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:13 PM   #2125
KWhit
Coordinator

The problem I have with CR's plan is that it lets the Tarqs know exactly who has the Bodyguards. I don't particularly like that idea because I know that I am a prime target and the only reason I haven't been killed so far is the fact that I have $$ and therefore the Tarqs think I likely have a BG.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:13 PM   #2126
Tyrith
College Starter

My general take on some people now, with me actually having a few more feelings now -

DC - That one post I talked about just previously makes me really feel bad about her. I haven't really gotten a good vibe from her at any point of the game, and I think we need to do something with her to determine her allegiance because her various scan things create some linkages we can actually work with. General unwillingness to cooperate seems like it's not going to help us too much. Probably the non-arrested person spiking the most alarms for me right now.

CR - Another person really important to our plan right now. I like your services plan, because it gets us all on one page at least, not letting the key services slip down. And if you yourself are bad it only really hurts us if one of the top wealth players are bad...and boom, you've created linkage that we can use to track down the rest of your team. However, what do we do if DC doesn't play ball? What's the backup plan for the swordsman?

Anxiety - The real unknown quantity so far. If he's bad, does he screw around with the plan tonight? This is where the number of wolves we have to deal with, or what they're trying to do, comes to mind. If there are 5 wolves out there and they have a standard win condition, they will probably need to off 10 more of us at least, because I don't see how we don't catch one in the resulting mess. That means we're still looking at four more days. At this point it doesn't seem worth it to me for Anxiety to play for hiring the swordsman and going murderface on us, even if it would take us quite a while to react due to the nature of the game. However, the potential for weirdness is still there.

Neon - While I somewhat agree with your assessment of the game as a whole, your analysis of the situation just doesn't make me happy, you haven't done anything to give me a good vibe and a couple of things to give me a bad one. Have a nice trip down...and if you're good...well, um...oops?

VOTE EXECUTE NEON CHAOS

BK mentioned earlier that CR is ineligible for consul -- is this true? If so, I would like to vote for him. Other guys I'd likely consider are KWhit (although that's a big target on his back then) because, at this point, if KWhit is bad we have many other problems, and Ironhead and Autumn because they've both been proving useful information and don't really have any doubts cast on them. I'd like to note though, and this goes as part of the KWhit thing, we probably don't want to elect consuls that are also among the highest wealth players if we can help it. Concentrating our trust and our money into a single, easily poisoned body just adds complications to what we are doing.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:19 PM   #2127
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
The problem I have with CR's plan is that it lets the Tarqs know exactly who has the Bodyguards. I don't particularly like that idea because I know that I am a prime target and the only reason I haven't been killed so far is the fact that I have $$ and therefore the Tarqs think I likely have a BG.

That is a bit of a problem...but at some point, we're going to have to take some risks and weigh some sacrifices. At this point, you're the player in the game I'd least like to see dead. However, we have to weigh that it's possible that you're already going to die today, and how bad it is if we screw up the swordsman and the sex slaves, and all that other stuff. We might have to choose between keeping the safety factor up and trying to make sure we take that other kill off the table. Now, I'm in a position to be caution to the wind here, so my perspective is a little different, and I understand your point, but leaving some people exposed could be better than the alternative choice of running into each other's bids.

No matter what I feel we HAVE to have SOME kind of coordination today. There's just too much of a need to have the sword killer, ardent, and ardent's new harem under our control all at once to not do it.

BTW, I'll probably bid for a horse guy again, just in case
Old 04-14-2007, 09:25 PM   #2128
KWhit
Coordinator

I understand the benefits, but I don't like telegraphing our moves this way. Makes it too easy for a Tarq to at least get one valuable kill.

I don't have a better option at this point, though, so I'm not sure of the best course of action. I need to give this some more thought.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:30 PM   #2129
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I understand the benefits, but I don't like telegraphing our moves this way. Makes it too easy for a Tarq to at least get one valuable kill.

I don't have a better option at this point, though, so I'm not sure of the best course of action. I need to give this some more thought.

It's definitely a value judgment comparing whether or not we should leave open some obvious gaps or take our chances with a more randomized approach. Personally, I'm not really convinced that the difference between a valuable kill and an less valuable kill is such that it means we shouldn't go with the plan, but I'm not a likely target, so I can say such things.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:36 PM   #2130
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Updated. Probably for the last time tonight. I can't wait for the lawsuits to hit.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:37 PM   #2131
st.cronin
General Manager

When is the next deadline again?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 09:39 PM   #2132
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Very funny, hater.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:40 PM   #2133
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

It's the Tyrith-Kwhit show!

Old 04-14-2007, 09:45 PM   #2134
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
It's the Tyrith-Kwhit show!

Hey, at least I'm talking. For the first time all game I feel like I have at least a little to contribute.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:39 PM   #2135
Lorena
Unregistered

What the fucking shit, if you guys don't trust me, FUCKING GET THIS SHIT OVER WITH AND ARREST ME! How much fucking clear is that?

Narcizo, goddammit, if you're of the village, arrest me so I can prove to these people, whom I'm starting to really feel are wolves that I'm fucking clean... clean as... fucking... something I dunno.

Just fucking do it, if you don't then I will have doubts of your allegiance. Do it goddamit... fucking do it.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:40 PM   #2136
Lorena
Unregistered

Here are my smilies so you know I'm upset
Old 04-14-2007, 10:42 PM   #2137
Tyrith
College Starter

Hrm. This is either quite honest or incredibly brilliant. And if it's brilliant, it's sure as heck burning down a bridge.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:44 PM   #2138
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
ironhead: I agree with you about dodger. it's very weird she's done nothing.

as for my quick votes: everyone who has played with me in the past knows that I think Narcizio is a kickass villager. So when I saw he had votes for consul, that was pretty much a given that I'd vote for him.

And I don't have a strong distrust of hoops in this game, indeed from the very beginning I have agreed with him on strategies that have been beneficial to the village to follow, so a vote for him was slightly more thought than the narcizio one, but not one I really needed to think on.

the whole "lawyers+wealth+jail" thing has just completely tossed all my analyzing out the window

You guys aren't reading shit... I fucking told you who I scanned and why... it's obviously going on deaf ears. I've never had this kind of power and I'm fucking clueless on how to use it. fuck, i should have been a regular villager. Goddamit
Old 04-14-2007, 11:15 PM   #2139
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
You guys aren't reading shit... I fucking told you who I scanned and why... it's obviously going on deaf ears. I've never had this kind of power and I'm fucking clueless on how to use it. fuck, i should have been a regular villager. Goddamit

Listen, I understand the frustration thing. My concern is around the concept of a scan. If you get a "no evidence of wrondoing" that is not good enough to say, that person is Republican and not Tarq.

It could be that person did not take an action that was against the village. It sounds like a combination of a Seer and Witness ability. Which makes some sense in the fact that there are generally two lawyers available each day. I doubt we get two straight up witness scans to what appears to be a wolf kill each day.

So, when you use a lawyer to check someone out and get no evidence of wrongoing, you likely did not scan someone taking an action or you have a chance of success based on the lawyer??

Either way the scans appear to be quite valuable.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 12:02 AM   #2140
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'd normally ask you to place a friendly wager on something like this.

Instead, I'm simply going to quote this in every post I have from now on. You'll eat these words.

Lol.

As I said, I'm horrible with analysis.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:09 AM   #2141
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
2. Neon Chaos doesn't know jack. No clue = Neon Chaos.

This statement is, unfortunately, so true.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:09 AM   #2142
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Yo, people, lighten up. It's just a game.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:52 AM   #2143
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What the fucking shit, if you guys don't trust me, FUCKING GET THIS SHIT OVER WITH AND ARREST ME! How much fucking clear is that?

Narcizo, goddammit, if you're of the village, arrest me so I can prove to these people, whom I'm starting to really feel are wolves that I'm fucking clean... clean as... fucking... something I dunno.

Just fucking do it, if you don't then I will have doubts of your allegiance. Do it goddamit... fucking do it.

DC, I don't know what the issue is, why you are reacting so strongly, but if this is how you feel you need to react to this, then let it loose. I don't miond someone getting emotional in a game like this, which can certainly fry the nerves.

So long as you make the right decision here. And I want you to feel you are making the right decision, not that you are being led to it. I know you can make these connections and see what is good for the village, but I also know (for me at least) that when a person lets emotion get the best of them, it's hard to think things through and make a well-reasoned decision.

Did you have a chance to go over my responses earlier today? It's not only in the best interest of the plan and the village for you to bid on the sword killer, it's also in your best interest. No one is telling you who to use the sword killer on. No one is asking you to trust anyone but yourself. If you believe the best way to keep loyal Senators alive is to put the sword killer in the hands of someone you trust, who better than yourself, whom you trust completely? You have the power to lock this role down for the village. There are only two others who can even dream of taking that away from you, and neither of them have been in the top wealth teir like you have the whole game.

I hope you will make the right decision because I won't be around to prod you for one tomorrow. I will be working at my night job and likely workijng out and/or sleeping most of the day Sunday. So this deadline is going to go down without me. It will be up to you. If you're on our side, I hope you'll see it our way.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:55 AM   #2144
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I love you CR

Old 04-15-2007, 02:00 AM   #2145
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
BK mentioned earlier that CR is ineligible for consul -- is this true? If so, I would like to vote for him. Other guys I'd likely consider are KWhit (although that's a big target on his back then) because, at this point, if KWhit is bad we have many other problems, and Ironhead and Autumn because they've both been proving useful information and don't really have any doubts cast on them. I'd like to note though, and this goes as part of the KWhit thing, we probably don't want to elect consuls that are also among the highest wealth players if we can help it. Concentrating our trust and our money into a single, easily poisoned body just adds complications to what we are doing.

Thanks for the support, Tyrith. Actually, I am not ineligible for the consul role, but I have taken myself out of the bidding. I am working both of my jobs on Monday and Tuesday (meaning I am incognito from around 10 a.m. to 1 a.m.--i.e., the next morning) and that's if I don't work out--and I almost certainly will (add on another hour at least). I don't think it's in the best interest of the village for me to take ont he consul role with me being out for that long. Plus, let's face it, I will very likely be dead soon.

My small group of candidates for consul currently are Ironhead, Autumn, Passacaglia, and Grammaticus.

I agree we should not allow DC, KWhit and Anxiety into the consul roles. We must vary the targets for the Tarqs to go after so they can't hurt us doubly with one kill (as you mention).
Old 04-15-2007, 02:02 AM   #2146
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I love you CR

So you have said before. And yet you refuse to cuddle.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:24 AM   #2147
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Our plan is at risk because the top tier of our wealth system continues to delay joining with us. I have already said how I am reading this. There could be many reasons why the resistance, but the main one is this--they aren't with us at all. It would certainly explain why we have had problems hiring services.

But it's my hope they are only either misguided or overly suspicious of me or just not liking (understandably) that they might be targets going for these roles publically.

So in that light, I would ask Barkeep and Peregrine (whom have both offered to submit bids) to offer backup bids for KWhit (ardent lawyer) and Anxiety (Durus Pimpus sex slave dealer). Coffee Warlord has already backed up the sword killer bid that DC would make. If we are assured of making these bids, we know at least that if we do not get it, someone above you in the wealth chain has bid for them (and should a kill happen, obviously be a Tarq). This request can also be made of Autumn who is on the same wealth level, although we haven't heard from him yet today.

Anyone who does not puiblically state a bid here who is in a position to help the village, really, we have to consider them enemies of the state, and I would highly recommend we arrest them at all costs.

Narcizo and Peregrine, you both control the arrests for tomorrow. I would highly recommend arresting any high wealth member who refuses to help without very good reason. I am hoping both DC and KWhit will see what we're trying to get at here. I don't hold much help on Anxiety at the moment, unfortunately, as he has not shown any willingness to budge on this.

Too many people are thinking of themselves, I fear. If the side of good wins, but you die, do you win? I say you do. Or maybe it's just they want to keep playing. Or they think they aren't already high-profile targets (they can control services, of course they're high-profile targets) outside of this plan.

I am willing to sacrifice myself for the good of the Senate, and perhaps I have by putting this plan out. But I know what they risk personally is greater. But what good is there in living to lose? I don't know if people feel they still win if they die and good wins, but for sure, if they live and good dies, they lose.

And that is a big if in dying. I have alreayd pointed out numerous times, not only are there three top wealthy players. There are also consuls, a tribune, a lawyer and myself. There are a lot of targets. The plan limits the Tarqs to at best one per day. You could commit to this plan, the wolves always choose to target this group, and still live seven days from now--and trust me, this game won't last that long.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:29 AM   #2148
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

lol ardent.

I, too, never lied in the Big City game where I was the sports gambler (and said so numerous times). They still killed me. Sad, huh?
Old 04-15-2007, 03:30 AM   #2149
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Sorry I didn't jump in on CR's plan yesterday but I had very little time and I wanted to digest it. And to be honest I'm surprised that people are having a problem with it. Is it better to continue muddling on in the current fashion? Arresting and executing based on hunches and feelings (Again, I'm as guilty as the next person) This is a solid, concrete plan that could really help us nail down the services. So one person is going to die - one person is going to die anyway. At least one person has already died each day while we've blundered along achieving very little. There's still the threat of two bodyguards. To be honest my only misgiving with CR's plan is that it appears to be too good to be true. It looks like the bad guys can be completely locked down. So that definitely gives me pause for thought. There's a chance that cronin didn't think of this but I doubt it.

But as CR has pointed out, it requires the richest people to get on board. I've always suspected that we have a traitor in the upper wealth bracket so I am very suspicious of anyone rich who doesn't want to take part. It seems that that includes the top three people.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:45 AM   #2150
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

In my mind my thoughts on Neon and Coffee aren't supremely important right at the moment. But I'll gather my notes together in a bit and try to make my case. To be honest it looks, for better or for worse, like Neon is for the jump anyway so I don't honestly know if I can be bothered presenting my case against him.

Again, failure to vote today (Neon/Chubby/acquit) should result in an arrest tomorrow.

I don't want to be seen to be abusing my position but I am leaning heavily towards arresting any rich person who is unwilling to go along with CR's plan. Chief Rum is probably the person I trust the most at the moment. His arguments have been spot on (and I suspect he was even correct about there being a wolf among the five he mentioned, although we'll never know now - thanks Mustang).

Incidentally has anyone worked out how the hell Mustang got the services of the swordsman. Isn't he super-poor? If anything though this actually means I trust him, although I wish he hadn't done what he did. If he was a wolf he would have just made a kill and not said anything about it.

Anyway, my daughter is waking up. Time to go.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote