Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-16-2006, 02:10 PM   #2151
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, so what would you have us do with you if the lynch proceeds as it appears it will with lynching LSG?

- Leave you in jail and bring in two more candidates? Seems like a reasonable option, except we go through the same process again tomorrow with you
- Free you without your being on anyone's trutsed list

If we double execute, then the bad guys get a kill without being noticed, then we are in the spot you suggest. But that assumes both you and LSG are innocent, and that they are able to complete a kill without notice. Quite a few assumptions for us to find that 8-4 scenario you are painting.

If we do find that one of the two of you is a Cowboy, then we will have some very interesting posts to read to see who tried to help the Cowboy avert the noose. I think the value there is sky high. Cronin was a lost cause to them, so they did not act to save him. A person in jail is a different animal entirely.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:12 PM   #2152
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chubby, because I thought someone would fake it to try and create some clearance. It would seem like a good one to use in a bluff, although in reality it is a tough one to play.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:16 PM   #2153
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Barkeep, so what would you have us do with you if the lynch proceeds as it appears it will with lynching LSG?

- Leave you in jail and bring in two more candidates? Seems like a reasonable option, except we go through the same process again tomorrow with you
- Free you without your being on anyone's trutsed list

If we double execute, then the bad guys get a kill without being noticed, then we are in the spot you suggest. But that assumes both you and LSG are innocent, and that they are able to complete a kill without notice. Quite a few assumptions for us to find that 8-4 scenario you are painting.

If we do find that one of the two of you is a Cowboy, then we will have some very interesting posts to read to see who tried to help the Cowboy avert the noose. I think the value there is sky high. Cronin was a lost cause to them, so they did not act to save him. A person in jail is a different animal entirely.
I free me since I have the ability, every night, to get new information. Maybe not the best information, but new information. And I am automatically susceptible to anyone with a gun. So if it's decided at any point that I'm a wolf any of the villagers could gun me down in two seconds flat.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:18 PM   #2154
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I free me since I have the ability, every night, to get new information. Maybe not the best information, but new information. And I am automatically susceptible to anyone with a gun. So if it's decided at any point that I'm a wolf any of the villagers could gun me down in two seconds flat.

Well they would need to have a showdown available to them and at the moment, no villager claims that.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:23 PM   #2155
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Well they would need to have a showdown available to them and at the moment, no villager claims that.
It was my understanding all players had the showdown ability, but some were just better at it than others. Having had only a knife, perhaps I didn't pay as much attention to this as I should have.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:25 PM   #2156
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It was my understanding all players had the showdown ability, but some were just better at it than others. Having had only a knife, perhaps I didn't pay as much attention to this as I should have.

Nope. I don't have the ability to cause a showdown so I know for fact that all players do have the ability.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:26 PM   #2157
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

ok, I can't type...

I know for fact that NOT all players have the abiltity to cause showdowns.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:27 PM   #2158
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Off to work
Old 10-16-2006, 02:28 PM   #2159
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well then strike the last part about gunning me down in the street if I'm a bad guy, but I would argue my information collecting would still be a reason to let me out of jail. Not to mention, I hate taking up space that could go towards housing other candidates. Just trying to be considerate
Old 10-16-2006, 02:39 PM   #2160
hoopsguy
General Manager

BK, I consider it possible that the Cowboys rotate their firearms (assuming they have more than one) - the guy who is doing the killing has one and the other Cowboys submit that with their night actions, knowing that they could potentially be caught with a piece if they hold one for the evening. That would be similar to some of the other games that had items, including your Treasure Hunter game where the bad guys could move gold around.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:41 PM   #2161
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola, I have no idea if that is how it works, but if we think we have a Cowboy we should lynch. If we think we have a good guy, we should free. If we don't know - well, this is where we seem to continue to find ourselves and the majority continues to feel that free is the right move.
Old 10-16-2006, 02:41 PM   #2162
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
This post illustrates why I recommend lynching only LSG tonight. Barkeep is at least helping us, LSG has provided nothing useful. I certainly don't want to lynch a villager but she's left us with no choice.

He's only trying to help us because he's a bad guy and he doesn't want to hang today. His help is actually a hinderance.

Looks like you'll survive this day, Barkeep.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 02:53 PM   #2163
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
1.) Know when the conversion took place
2.) Identify the convert

And it does tie in to one of the roles on the first page. No one has claimed it yet, which surprises me a little bit.

I thought ntndeacon was the person who had the ability to find the person who was converted to a Cowboy. Are you suggesting that two villagers have that ability?
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 03:06 PM   #2164
hoopsguy
General Manager

No, NTN appears to be able to spot vices as the Priest. Earlier in the game I (and, I think others) thought he had the seer role. That role is in just about every WW game and gives the ability to see a persons role/allegiance. NTN, based on info released over the last couple of days has an ability to determine a vice and (potentially?) heal a vice.

NTN, please jump in if I'm not representing your role properly here.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:08 PM   #2165
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
No, NTN appears to be able to spot vices as the Priest. Earlier in the game I (and, I think others) thought he had the seer role. That role is in just about every WW game and gives the ability to see a persons role/allegiance. NTN, based on info released over the last couple of days has an ability to determine a vice and (potentially?) heal a vice.

Yes I know he has the ability to spot vices as he has visited me. However, I thought that if he visited a convert, they would succumb to their vice while a normal villager or Cowboy would not.
Old 10-16-2006, 03:23 PM   #2166
st.cronin
General Manager

I sure hope that I'm not still rotting in the street.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:13 PM   #2167
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

No you are representing it correctly, Hoops. It is clear I can see both villagers and Cowboys with this power. The potentially part is a SMALL chance, it hasn't worked yet. And Since Iwill be out til later.

Lynch LSG
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 04:41 PM   #2168
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
No you are representing it correctly, Hoops. It is clear I can see both villagers and Cowboys with this power. The potentially part is a SMALL chance, it hasn't worked yet. And Since Iwill be out til later.

Lynch LSG

NTN scanned Cronin on Night 2 but was not able to identify him as a Cowboy. He also learns vices either way and has a chance to address a vice.

I'll know if I select the convert, but not one of the other Cowboys. I'll also know if the convert is killed.

Those are a couple of differences I've picked up on between our roles up to this point.
Old 10-16-2006, 05:45 PM   #2169
saldana
Pro Starter

ok, i really thing lynching LSG is the right plan...i have never been a big fan of people coming into the thread while they are on the block and not even saying anything...she was here earlier while i was catching up on the days posts and she left without saying anything at all.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 06:16 PM   #2170
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I'm pretty confident that LSG is a villager and I think Barkeep is more likely a villager then a Cowboy at this point. Thus,

No Lynch
Old 10-16-2006, 06:56 PM   #2171
path12
Coordinator

I'm not going to vote Barkeep. I will leave my vote on LSG as is though.
Old 10-16-2006, 06:57 PM   #2172
path12
Coordinator

Oh, and I'm out until after lynch. Hopefully tomorrow I can be more active, today was a really crazed work day.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:10 PM   #2173
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I dont see anything wrong with being lynched. It is the smart move to make, so no hard feelings. It sucks that i was wrongly placed in jail but i couldn't contribute anything.... So definitly lynch me tonight and put two more people in jail tomorrow. BTW Path, hoops and racer are on my suspicious list of people to jail.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:23 PM   #2174
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
And now that I've decided she's officially suspicious, I think I'm comfortable

Execute LSG

And

Elect Chubby

And

Jail Racer
Free Barkeep49

Since a lot of people want me jailed, I feel I need to say this. Chubby, I urge you to hold off on jailing me for tonight. As ntndeacon has already alluded to, there is a very good chance that Chief Rum can clear me if he chooses to visit me tonight. If Chief Rum is still unsure of my allegiance after the visit, by all means arrest me (although you will be arresting a villager if you do).
Old 10-16-2006, 07:40 PM   #2175
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Since a lot of people want me jailed, I feel I need to say this. Chubby, I urge you to hold off on jailing me for tonight. As ntndeacon has already alluded to, there is a very good chance that Chief Rum can clear me if he chooses to visit me tonight. If Chief Rum is still unsure of my allegiance after the visit, by all means arrest me (although you will be arresting a villager if you do).

Unfortunately, I no more have the ability to determine allegiance than ntn or anyone else has said so far in the game. I can determine your role and vices, and maybe do some other things, but none of them in and of themselves have the ability to clear you.

I am still trying to decide who I want to visit tonight, amongst 4-5 candidates. Rather than tip off the cowboys, I think I will keep those names to myself.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 07:42 PM   #2176
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I get a bad feeling about the LSG lynch move, but at the same time I see the reasoning of those calling for it. We need more information, or at least one less suspect, so removing LSG from the equation might be a necessary loss. Of course, if she turns out to be a cowboy, great. Good move, everyone.

Since LSG seems headed for the noose, though, no matter how I vote, I am going to go with no lynch vote. I can't save her, even if I cared to try, and I see no reason to save her or help her put her head in the noose either.

NO LYNCH

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:08 PM   #2177
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

No Lynch

the cowboys are going to screw up again i hope. and i never got the Cowboy vibe from LSG
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:17 PM   #2178
saldana
Pro Starter

again, bullet shows up with a vote that doesnt count, and depending on the outcome of the lynch, could make him look like the ultimate villager. i know he shot cronin, but that just smells like cronin's rotting corpse to me.

and as for CR, i am really starting to have a problem with these people voting no lynch all the time...i can deal with it from racer or glengoyne, they are rookies, but someone that has been around a bit should know that votes are as good as cash in WW, and the NO LYNCH votes are not helping establish anything that we can use to develop circles of trust.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:19 PM   #2179
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Didn't miss much. I'm glad. Got harried before I headed to basketball and didn't post that I'd be back after lynch. Hopefully I'll still be awake when the lynch result comes in.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:23 PM   #2180
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
again, bullet shows up with a vote that doesnt count, and depending on the outcome of the lynch, could make him look like the ultimate villager. i know he shot cronin, but that just smells like cronin's rotting corpse to me.

and as for CR, i am really starting to have a problem with these people voting no lynch all the time...i can deal with it from racer or glengoyne, they are rookies, but someone that has been around a bit should know that votes are as good as cash in WW, and the NO LYNCH votes are not helping establish anything that we can use to develop circles of trust.

I suscribe to the theory suggested earlier that if we kill off people who don't have a strong slant toward being cowboys, we are likely killing villagers. And we will lose much faster killing villagers for cowboys on top of them doing their own killing.

I would prefer to vote to lynch when I am reasonably sure we have one locked up, and otherwise hold off and depend on our night actions to root out the cowboys.

Old 10-16-2006, 08:24 PM   #2181
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I suscribe to the theory suggested earlier that if we kill off people who don't have a strong slant toward being cowboys, we are likely killing villagers. And we will lose much faster killing villagers for cowboys on top of them doing their own killing.

I would prefer to vote to lynch when I am reasonably sure we have one locked up, and otherwise hold off and depend on our night actions to root out the cowboys.

thats mt philosophy too. i havnt been paying attention as much thanks to AlanT only giving me 1 showdown
Old 10-16-2006, 08:34 PM   #2182
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Isnt' it past time? I wonder where alan is.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:39 PM   #2183
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Isnt' it past time? I wonder where alan is.

lol, what's yer hurry?

Old 10-16-2006, 08:41 PM   #2184
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Doing writeup now. The departed was a good movie btw!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:55 PM   #2185
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The day proceeds, many people debating the previous night's death gather in the town square. At times people focus their attention to the two prisoners in the town jail and debate the validity of lynching them. Somewhere mid-day, people get distracted by the foul smell of a rotting corpse until the slacking mortician finally clears up the mess from a few days previous.

Once people get their attention back to business, the townspeople finally decide to hang Lonestargirl, feeling that Barkeep might still serve some future use to the town. As Chubby calls up a few deputys to assist with the lynch, they quickly and efficiently hang Lonestargirl.

After waiting some time to make sure she was dead, people check over Lonestargirl to see if she might have been a cowboy. In the end its decided, she might not have been a good singer, but she was no cowboy.

Election votes: (8 votes needed for new sheriff)

No new sheriff votes.

Lynch votes: (8 votes needed for lynch)

(10) Lonestargirl - Path (1942), spleen (1974), Lathum (1976), Hoops (1984), Chubby (1991), Saldana (2018), Anxiety (2108), Glengoyne (2110), Barkeep (2134), ntndeacon (2167)

(2) Barkeep - Spleen (1937), hoops (1984)

We are in night 6 now. Please submit all PMs by the deadline of 9:00am Tuesday morning.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:01 PM   #2186
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I feared as much. We have helped the cowboys again. But as I said before the lynch, I know what those voting for her were getting at. It's tough to balance trying to get information against keeping possible villagers alive.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:16 PM   #2187
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

CR - The issue was she wasn't really helping us at all. I didn't feel we had any choice. She wasn't giving off any strong cowboy vibes but she didn't give off any strong villager vibes either.

I think we'll be in a better position tomorrow...
Old 10-16-2006, 09:28 PM   #2188
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I'm disappointed, but wouldn't have been surprised either way with LSG. Still, I agree that our first instinct shouldn't be to lynch. Being wrong about everybody having a power is good news for the Cowboys as it makes it easier for them to hide behind a fake role.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:28 PM   #2189
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I would suggest to Barkeep that he choose someone to view for vices tonight in case he is released.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:28 PM   #2190
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I feared as much. We have helped the cowboys again. But as I said before the lynch, I know what those voting for her were getting at. It's tough to balance trying to get information against keeping possible villagers alive.

Just caught up.

Sorry about that LSG. I too am sorry you were in jail, at a time when we needed to lynch. There were others I'd have been more willing to sacrifice.

I also agree with the sentiment CR expresses above. I'm one of the original proponents of the No Lynch strategy. I just think the "only lynch those in jail" piece of this game, is a big change, that changes the normal paradigm.

It also, in tonight's case leaves us with a voting record that is next to meaningless. We needed to lynch someone, and arrest two new villagers tonight.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 09:30 PM   #2191
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I would suggest to Barkeep that he choose someone to view for vices tonight in case he is released.
I appreciate the consideration you're giving me, even if you decide to go in a different direction. I should warn, however, that based on the way my descriptions have been written, I might not be able to view tonight even if released, based on when, in the cycle, I am released. However, I am hopeful that if released Alan will let me have my view.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:30 PM   #2192
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I hope you are correct. I really think poor jailing choices have gotten into the fix we're in. I think NtN and Saldana are more culpable in that regard than you are Chubby. You also asked about my gun situation. I have answered that question.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:33 PM   #2193
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Oh and don't PLEASE don't release Barkeep tonight.

We NEED TWO LIKELY SUSPECTS IN JAIL!!!!!

Sorry to yell.

Come on You have to know that there are Cowboys out there that we should be on to.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:36 PM   #2194
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
You also asked about my gun situation. I have answered that question.

Actually, I must have missed that. What is your gun situation? Also, have you revealed your role yet?

Not saying I suspect you--I am trying to put together a chart of info of the remaining players in the game, and included in that is role and whether you have a gun or not.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:40 PM   #2195
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Oh and thanks for the thoughts and prayers everyone. My father's situation seems to have improved dramatically. He has been released from the hospital, and looks to be in pretty reasonable health. They believe the polyp they removed from his small intestine was causing his bleeding. No Cancer to be found!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:43 PM   #2196
path12
Coordinator

I agree with Glen that we might be better off putting two more in jail tonight.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:44 PM   #2197
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh and thanks for the thoughts and prayers everyone. My father's situation seems to have improved dramatically. He has been released from the hospital, and looks to be in pretty reasonable health. They believe the polyp they removed from his small intestine was causing his bleeding. No Cancer to be found!

Great news!
Old 10-16-2006, 09:45 PM   #2198
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Agreed, that is terrific. Good to hear, Glen.

Old 10-16-2006, 09:46 PM   #2199
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Actually, I must have missed that. What is your gun situation? Also, have you revealed your role yet?

Not saying I suspect you--I am trying to put together a chart of info of the remaining players in the game, and included in that is role and whether you have a gun or not.
I'm unarmed. I really don't like revealing that, as I'm afraid the Cowboys aren't far from visiting my little corner of Tombstone, and I wanted to disuade them as much as possible.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:47 PM   #2200
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
CR - The issue was she wasn't really helping us at all. I didn't feel we had any choice. She wasn't giving off any strong cowboy vibes but she didn't give off any strong villager vibes either.

she wasnt helping? she was a villager and would count for the villagers. you could also count on her not killing any of us intentinally. plus at the very worst the cowboys would have needed 1 more day to get a victory if she was alive

sorry LSG.