Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2007, 02:38 PM   #2201
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I will be leaving for work in a couple hours and off working out most of the time in the middle. So this might be my last post before deadline (and if I am killed, last post period except to say bye). But I will try to check in again before I go.

I think you all are already on this, but those of you in on the plan will need to determine how you can get it working going forward, as I may not be here to hear how DC and KWhit and path12 get involved. If anything needs to be changed up to be sure critical roles are covered, I have bid for the sex slaves, as noted.

I have decided to THROW NEON FROM THE ROCK. I'm not as certain as Narcizo is about him, but I trust Narcizo and his instincts (and haven't gotten any warm fuzzies from Neon myself), so I'm rolling with that.

Obviously, then, FREE LSG/CHUBBY. It's not the lack of posting isn't bad and super-suspicious, but the continued issues with this player (the combo) combined now with poor wealth makes them not our most improtant target. I would rather leave the jail open for better candidates.

For arrests, I would recommend Dodgerchick and Anxiety. I'm not even sure if Anxiety acquiescing to the planb would stop me from wanting to arrest him at this point. Dodgerchick's resistance and desire to be arrested is all well and good, so might as well let her have what she wants--and then possibly throw her off the rock.

path12 would be my next choice after that. He is growing in suspicion with me, as he has not been present (which may just be weekend related, must just be wants to hide his feelingsa on the plan) the past couple days, he has not yet committed to being a part of the plan, and he was one of my original five for the Day One sword killer patron.

For consuls, it was a tough choice, as I have good confidence in several players. For now I will...

ELECT IRONHEAD FOR CONSUL
ELECT PASSACAGLIA FOR CONSUL

Arresting people who resist the plan without good reason is key right now. We need our people in the seats of power to do so. I would have voted for Autumn but he has not been around the past day or so, and we need someone to be aorund to be certain to put in arrest orders.

I think that covers all the bases.

I "acquiesed" yesterday CR, so calm down. I' said I'd do it for a day, and then we'd see where we stand.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:39 PM   #2202
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
CW has vouched for KWhit. That's the only pseduo-clearing I know of.

I thought was a DC clearing?

Old 04-15-2007, 02:40 PM   #2203
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

DC...relax. I understand it can be frustrating. My first game with an actual complicated role I flubbed it up badly. Hell, even my 2nd I did too. It's a learning curve. No one's actually upset with you or anything, it's just a game. Take a deep breath and hug the kids, hmmm? I can only imagine the complexities of a non-vanilla role in a game that's this complicated for the vanillas.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #2204
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I hate to say this but the plan CR has laid out for us seems to be in grave danger with all of these last minute changes.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:43 PM   #2205
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Okay, this is critical because you're assigned the sword killer. Are you saying you put in another bid for ardent?

If so, please say so. At least then, if KWhit decides to join with us, then he can switch and put in a bid for the sword killer.

THE VERY LAST THING WE WANT TO DO IS LET THE SWORD KILLER FALL INTO TARQ HANDS.

And I REALLY don't care for how you continue to put yourself ahead of the village, even at the potential cost of us losing two loyal Senators tomorrow instead of just one.

Caps are for emphasis.

Coffee, I certainly hope everything's okay with your backup sword killer bid. Looks like we may need it. Grammaticus, I would recommend sending one in for the sword killer as well.

Since ya'll don't believe me to be good, yes, I put a bid in for Ardent and awaiting to get jailed. LIke I said ealier, why do you think I've been bidding on Ardent? I've been waiting to get jailed and nothing. Imthecrew, Marc Vaughn, and Bulletsponge (is there anyone else I forgot) were all at the top and they were either jailed or killed, I'm just waiting I dunno why I haven't been sent to the slammer yet
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:51 PM   #2206
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Yes, I will cast a backup to the backup bid on the sword killer.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 02:51 PM   #2207
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

second-level analysis: does anyone think that maybe there's some mechanism in play where ardent can make a bad person scan good or something?
Old 04-15-2007, 02:52 PM   #2208
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

gram...you left me off your list...where do you see me?
Old 04-15-2007, 02:53 PM   #2209
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
second-level analysis: does anyone think that maybe there's some mechanism in play where ardent can make a bad person scan good or something?

He is a lawyer, I assume he helps the defense of whoever hires him whether they are bad or good.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:55 PM   #2210
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I need ta get some votes in.

Vote Barkeep for Consul - Seems like a voice of reason
Vote CR for Consul - I disagree with his reasoning at times, but you can't fake passion

Old 04-15-2007, 02:56 PM   #2211
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
gram...you left me off your list...where do you see me?

Your right, I didn't notice. I think I would put you at hard to read, but you normally post a whole lot more. Problem is, even when you are bad you post a lot.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:56 PM   #2212
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Oh, forgot to mention, I beleive BK when he says that he was late and missed the deadline when he had the role before.

Old 04-15-2007, 02:57 PM   #2213
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post

Vote CR for Consul - I disagree with his reasoning at times, but you can't fake passion

CR took himself off the table for consul because he will not be around due to the long work days on Monday and Tuesday.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:00 PM   #2214
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
DC...relax. I understand it can be frustrating. My first game with an actual complicated role I flubbed it up badly. Hell, even my 2nd I did too. It's a learning curve. No one's actually upset with you or anything, it's just a game. Take a deep breath and hug the kids, hmmm? I can only imagine the complexities of a non-vanilla role in a game that's this complicated for the vanillas.

Yeah sorry about that DT, my emotions got the better of me. Antmeister read my posts and said he won't play ww with me anymore... so I guess I fudged that up.

I'm upset because people say, "Well why did you scan this person it was a bad scan" so of course I'm gonna be mad. I mean who is a good scan anyway? Aren't we all suspicious from the getgo? This is a legit question, who is a good scan because I'd like to know. I thought Alan was a good scan but apparently some seem to think it wasn't. I"m always suspicious of alan he plays the helpful villager when a wolf so that's why I scanned him. I sent sex slaves to Ironhead because he was being nitpicky with some stuff Alan was saying and I suspected him. I had Autumn scanned because at that point I thought he had the most votes for counsel (I was wrong Narcizo did) and I wanted to scan someone who would hold power.

I mean can someone tell me why these were bad? They make sense to me but apparently to the more experienced players they're bad. Every single game I fell like why even bother. Ugh... just frustrating.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #2215
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Musta missed that, thanks Gram! Seems fair enough, after all, he missed my post sayign that I'd go alogn with his plan for a day

Hmmm. Who to vote for.

Unvote CR for Consul

There's few I trust at this point. Very few. Let's go with one of the cheapest senators in Rome. And someone with whom I have some modicum of trust.

Vote Daddyus Torgous Consul

Old 04-15-2007, 03:06 PM   #2216
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I've got to dash. I've placed an arrest on Dodgerchick.

Vote Ironhead for Consul

I think he's talking sense and I'm getting good vibes from him.
Sorry to love you and leave you guys. Bye
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:06 PM   #2217
Barkeep49
Coordinator

FTR I'd be happy to be consul again if people want to give me another shot.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:10 PM   #2218
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Un-Elect Passa for Consul

Elect KWhit for Consul

Forgot he was available. Still tops on my list of trustworthy folks.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:20 PM   #2219
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

trust in me anxiety? not that I don't appreciate the vote of confidence...but that's suspicious. I mean I know i'm good, but that's unusual.

DC...you just hafta do what you think is right. I think alan was a good scan for sure...autumn I dunno
Old 04-15-2007, 03:22 PM   #2220
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:25 PM   #2221
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post

Old 04-15-2007, 03:27 PM   #2222
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Gah. Cronin's box is full. What's his email? I'll have to send in my bid that way.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:33 PM   #2223
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I said I'd go along with it today CR.

Wow, really? How did I miss that? If so, I apologize. A strong part of my reasoning against you was that I thought you hadn't committed to doing this. I will have to review your posts when I get home.

Well, if that's the case, it might be better to arrest DC and path. But I'm still far from certain about anything on Anxiety.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:34 PM   #2224
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Just to review the status of the plan right now. Here is how I presented it. I have added in CAPS what has publically been stated about these bids.

Dodgeus Erchickus-- Bid for MACRO, the sword killer--MAY BE BIDDING FOR ARDENT INSTEAD. NEED TO CONFIRM.
Kayus Whitus-- Bid for ARDENT, lawyer--HASN"T SAID IF HE WILL PARTICPATE. IF DC BIDS ON ARDENT, HE WOULD NEED TO BID FOR MACRO THE SWORD KILLER.
Abeus Anxietus-- Bid for DURUS PIMPUS, sex slave dealer--HAS REFUSED TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PLAN SO FAR

Ironus Headus-- Bid for MAXIMUS MAXIMUS, legionnaire/BG--HAS POSTED BUT NOT SAID HE SUBMITTED A BID. WE NEED IRONHEAD TO GET IN ON THIS.
Passus Caglius-- Bid for VITUS AVIDUS, legionnaire/BG-- HAS PUT INA BID.

This should be all that is necessary to control the services. I would like to set up backup options, but I am uncertain of this because we start to get to more suspicious people (IMO). CoffeeWarlord and path12, though, have to be committed, because they are on the same level as Ironhead and Passacaglia. Wemust also lock down what they bid on.

Thusly, they should bid on:

Coffeus Yakus Warlordus-- Bid for MACRO, the sword killer== HAS PUT IN A BID. IS ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL RIGHT NOW, WITH THE TOP WEALTH ISSUES.
Pathus Twelvus-- Bid for ARDENT, lawyer-- HAS NOT POSTED IF HE PUT IN A BID, TO MY KNOWLEDGE (HASN'T POSTED AT ALL, I THINK).

Narcizo and I are in the next wealth group, so we should submit backup bids as well. I will bid for the sex slave dealer, if Narcizo will bid for one of the legionnaires/BGs.

NARCIZO AND I HAVE BOTH PUT IN OUR BIDS, MINE FOR THE SEX SLAVE, NARCIZO FOR THE BODYGUARD. PEREGRINE HAS PUT IN A BID FOR THE SEX SLAVES.

BARKEEP AND GRAMMATICUS HAVE OFFERED TO PUT IN BIDS, NO WORD YET, HOPEFULYL COMING.

AUTUMN HAS NOT BEEN SEEN SINCE YESTERDAY AND NOT KNOWN IF HE WILL PARTICIPATE.

Given all of the above, I would be primarily concerned (after the top tier issues) about making sure Ironhead states if he has gotten a bid in, and if Path12 and Autumn show up to put in backup bids.

I'm in on this revised plan. Since DC bid on Ardent, I will bid on Macro the sword killer.

However, whomever wins the BodyGuards, I recommend you at least give consideration to sending one my way to protect me. I fear I will be a prime target since now the Tarqs know I don't have one myself.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #2225
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Gah. Cronin's box is full. What's his email? I'll have to send in my bid that way.

Anybody have his email address?
Old 04-15-2007, 03:35 PM   #2226
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
I agree that we should probably try to grab Balbus. Since I have the sword killer tonight and will not be using him there should only be a poison attempt against the village. I think a possible block of a conversion, or even a conversion for the side of good might be more important than having 2 bodyguards out there.

I forgot you had the sword killer. You might ask everyone if there are candidates they would like you to use it on, if we feel strongly enough about it. I don't know that we do. I can only think of one on off of the top of my head for whom it would make sense, and I'm not sure we can get to him/her where they are right now.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #2227
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
I forgot you had the sword killer. You might ask everyone if there are candidates they would like you to use it on, if we feel strongly enough about it. I don't know that we do. I can only think of one on off of the top of my head for whom it would make sense, and I'm not sure we can get to him/her where they are right now.

I am strongly against the idea of using the sword killer against anyone at this point. Chances are very high that we kill a villager, and since there is no reveal of roles for people who have been sword killed it doesn't really give us any information - just one more dead player.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #2228
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Since ya'll don't believe me to be good, yes, I put a bid in for Ardent and awaiting to get jailed. LIke I said ealier, why do you think I've been bidding on Ardent? I've been waiting to get jailed and nothing. Imthecrew, Marc Vaughn, and Bulletsponge (is there anyone else I forgot) were all at the top and they were either jailed or killed, I'm just waiting I dunno why I haven't been sent to the slammer yet

Why on Earth did you think you would be picked before them? You were fairly well trusted for most of the early going. You have been a great position to help us and reeally, you have been as helpful as ImTheCrew was, if I am reading you right.

DC, I'm not advocating your arrest to clear you. I am advocating your arrest to see you thrown off of the rock. You won't hear about yoru scan before your dead if it's my way. Honestly, you haven't given us much choice.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:40 PM   #2229
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
I am strongly against the idea of using the sword killer against anyone at this point. Chances are very high that we kill a villager, and since there is no reveal of roles for people who have been sword killed it doesn't really give us any information - just one more dead player.

That's certainly your prerogative, and you're probably right to be cautious. I'm just throwing the option out there since we have it at our disposal.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #2230
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I "acquiesed" yesterday CR, so calm down. I' said I'd do it for a day, and then we'd see where we stand.

I have actually alwys been perfectly calm. My early reasoning on you was entirely rationally based. It's no big deal to me if you didn't want to go with the plan, just was letting you know there could be consequences if you were to go against the plan and we had a Tarq issue.

Keep in mind, BTW, we won't really have a good read ont he plan until the Monday night deadline, meaning we will have to devise the next day's plan and move forward with it before we know the results of the first.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #2231
KWhit
Coordinator

Cronin - clear out your PM box!
Old 04-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #2232
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh, forgot to mention, I beleive BK when he says that he was late and missed the deadline when he had the role before.

I don't think I ever said in my earlier doubts about BK, so I thought I would piggyback on this from Anxiety. I absolutely 100% believe BK had the Internet issues on Thursday night. I have complete trust that he would not lie about RL stuff, as he says. He has always been an up front and honest player, to a fault (outside of game mechanics that is).
Old 04-15-2007, 03:48 PM   #2233
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I appreciate it, but, really, you mistake passion for "filling the AlanT" void. I haven't once felt in rise in emotion about this game, just playing along and enjoying it. Now DC, that's passion.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:50 PM   #2234
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

lol, well, we're fairly certain you're putting in a bid.

I think st. cronin put up his email address in the openjing posts in case his PM box filled up (very realistic in this game; JTR was huge, and I couldn't ever keep my PM Box empty for long).
Old 04-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #2235
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

Thanks!

My bid is in.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:54 PM   #2236
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Yeah sorry about that DT, my emotions got the better of me. Antmeister read my posts and said he won't play ww with me anymore... so I guess I fudged that up.

I'm upset because people say, "Well why did you scan this person it was a bad scan" so of course I'm gonna be mad. I mean who is a good scan anyway? Aren't we all suspicious from the getgo? This is a legit question, who is a good scan because I'd like to know. I thought Alan was a good scan but apparently some seem to think it wasn't. I"m always suspicious of alan he plays the helpful villager when a wolf so that's why I scanned him. I sent sex slaves to Ironhead because he was being nitpicky with some stuff Alan was saying and I suspected him. I had Autumn scanned because at that point I thought he had the most votes for counsel (I was wrong Narcizo did) and I wanted to scan someone who would hold power.

I mean can someone tell me why these were bad? They make sense to me but apparently to the more experienced players they're bad. Every single game I fell like why even bother. Ugh... just frustrating.

I could quibble about the scan choices if I thought about it, but on the face it, I don't and never had any problems with your scan choices. I just think there were other ways you could have put your wealth to use. Let's face it, the scans ended up ordering were just byproducts of you trying to clear yourself, when that wasn't even necessary until now. You kept those scans in your hands, where if they had gone to other people, we could have confirmed the things that you say and the people you scanned. Now a whole bunch of people's allegiances hinge on your innocence or guilt.

I think it's ironic you could have been cleared almost for sure a while ago if you had NOT bid for ardent or any lawyer.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:56 PM   #2237
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
FTR I'd be happy to be consul again if people want to give me another shot.

I actually considered that, but I thought the last experience would eman you wouldn't get voted in, and plus, it might be best to give others a shot in that liught first before coming back to you. I do feel better about you now than before, though, FWIW.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:57 PM   #2238
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, I'm officially gone. Good luck, everyone. I hope I'm alive when I return.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:57 PM   #2239
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Starting the game thread a day early; the next post will be the final draft of the rules, following that will be a list of the public roles. After that, I will consult random.org for the secret roles, and send out pms.

in case at some point my pm box gets full email st.cronin at gmail. please put werewolf in the subject.

From the first post.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #2240
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Bump. Updated a bit...I'm not liking that DC decided to go against the plan. I'm also not liking DT...the fool doesn't listen to me.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:07 PM   #2241
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

listen to you? I havn't seen anything you've said directed at me. in fact I havn't seen much directed at me and/or responding to things that i've said, which has kinda driven me UTR. Why bother talking and putting forth ideas if no one is even acknowledging that I am
Old 04-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #2242
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You could read what I've said, for starters.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:10 PM   #2243
st.cronin
General Manager

My pm box now has room.

I am going through the thread now, compiling votes.

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 04-15-2007 at 04:11 PM.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:14 PM   #2244
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE IRONHEAD CONSUL
VOTE KWHIT CONSUL

VOTE "MAKE THE BAD MAN FLY MOMMY! MAKE HIM FLY!!" (throw Neon_Chaos off the rock)
Old 04-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #2245
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Interesting vote by DT for Ironhead. Interesting.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #2246
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
trust in me anxiety? not that I don't appreciate the vote of confidence...but that's suspicious. I mean I know i'm good, but that's unusual.

DC...you just hafta do what you think is right. I think alan was a good scan for sure...autumn I dunno

One of the factors for me is that you are really low on teh totem pole money wise.

Old 04-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #2247
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, if somebody wants to double check my work, this is what I have:

To execute:
10 - Neonus Chaosus - Ardent (2000), DaddyTorgo (2019), Anxiety (2120), Tyrith (2123), Narcizo (2143), Passacaglia (2147), Peregrine (2150), Dodgerchick (2151), Coffee Warlord (2167), Chief Rum (2181)

1 - Chubbus Chubbus - Grammaticus (2152)

For Consul:
3 Ironhead
3 Autumn
3 Passacaglia
3 KWhit
2 Daddytorgo
1 Dodgerchick
1 Barkeep
1 CoffeeWarlord
1 Grammaticus
1 Ardent

knives out

Last edited by st.cronin : 04-15-2007 at 04:26 PM.
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:29 PM   #2248
Barkeep49
Coordinator

AE's thread merged into this thread.

~BK, YFWWM
Old 04-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #2249
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok well I'm going to go for it.

Unvote Pass for consul
Vote BK for consul
Old 04-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #2250
Poli
FOFC Survivor

!!!

What's that all about? We'll carry this conversation on elsewhere.