Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-29-2006, 11:35 AM   #2201
hoopsguy
General Manager

D'oh - didn't get my vote in during the last post ... had wanted to put it at the end of the post.

VOTE BLADE6119
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:12 PM   #2202
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Those are all good points. I have been suspicious of Blade for a long time, and I still think consensus is the best play for humans..

Why the consensus? Because then if we're wrong we don't get anything really. I mean yesterday Jeebs went against the consensus and look at where that got us.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:19 PM   #2203
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Why the consensus? Because then if we're wrong we don't get anything really. I mean yesterday Jeebs went against the consensus and look at where that got us.

It seems like, in this game, close votes don't get us anywhere. Both saldana and CW were more or less consensus picks.

I do see the negatives, but I think in this game voting patterns are less useful as the game goes on, so the bad guys don't worry so much about monkeying with close votes.

I see the basic strategies as being different in this game, as opposed to more traditional versions.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 02:43 PM   #2204
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
It seems like, in this game, close votes don't get us anywhere. Both saldana and CW were more or less consensus picks.

I do see the negatives, but I think in this game voting patterns are less useful as the game goes on, so the bad guys don't worry so much about monkeying with close votes.

I see the basic strategies as being different in this game, as opposed to more traditional versions.
If Blade IS a bad guy I think voting patterns are useful as we could reasonably argue he was a shitface for at least a couple days. I agree it's important in the sense that we shouldn't let the shitfaces be able to dictate voting, but do have some reservations. Anyhow, my vote is on Blade today and I am liking seeing so many others on him as well.
Old 04-29-2006, 02:46 PM   #2205
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
If Blade IS a bad guy I think voting patterns are useful as we could reasonably argue he was a shitface for at least a couple days. I agree it's important in the sense that we shouldn't let the shitfaces be able to dictate voting, but do have some reservations. Anyhow, my vote is on Blade today and I am liking seeing so many others on him as well.

That's how I feel, as well.

How many Things are there now? 5?

knives out
Old 04-29-2006, 02:48 PM   #2206
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
That's how I feel, as well.

How many Things are there now? 5?
I believe that is correct.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:06 PM   #2207
Blade6119
Coordinator

Et tu, Barkeep?

Oh well, my vote is for hoopsguy and will be tomorrow as well. If you have any questions for me ill answer but im not going to try and defend myself.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 06:54 PM   #2208
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Et tu, Barkeep?

Oh well, my vote is for hoopsguy and will be tomorrow as well. If you have any questions for me ill answer but im not going to try and defend myself.
Which I think is not in the spirit of the game and am disappointed to see from you.
Old 04-29-2006, 06:54 PM   #2209
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA -- The other time I know you didn't defend was in the TH game where you were a bad guy which makes me wonder.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:27 PM   #2210
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Which I think is not in the spirit of the game and am disappointed to see from you.
I have had to defend myself from RA and others(st. cronin, swaggs, etc.) for days now...i have said just about everything i can...i dont feel like repeating the same arguments over and over again. If you want i can go requote if you would like, but i have repeatedly made my case for hoops, no one has cared...i have repeatedly made my case for my innocence...no one has cared...i dont see why today will be any different. Just like the game i had you pinned as a thing all game long but no one listened, ive reached a point where i have stopped trying and will do whatever the group wants. You guys want to test me, fine...i have nothing to hide, as i have been nothing but honest this entire game. All i care about right now is trying to figure out just how my accusers(including the guy i have been after for 5 votes now) will spin my testing to their own benefit. If you have any questions, i told you i will answer them. My defense has been stated and re-stated this game. Seeing as how im still the exact same role i was every other day, my argument is exactly the same as well.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-29-2006, 07:35 PM   #2211
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I have had to defend myself from RA and others(st. cronin, swaggs, etc.) for days now...i have said just about everything i can...i dont feel like repeating the same arguments over and over again. If you want i can go requote if you would like, but i have repeatedly made my case for hoops, no one has cared...i have repeatedly made my case for my innocence...no one has cared...i dont see why today will be any different. Just like the game i had you pinned as a thing all game long but no one listened, ive reached a point where i have stopped trying and will do whatever the group wants. You guys want to test me, fine...i have nothing to hide, as i have been nothing but honest this entire game. All i care about right now is trying to figure out just how my accusers(including the guy i have been after for 5 votes now) will spin my testing to their own benefit. If you have any questions, i told you i will answer them. My defense has been stated and re-stated this game. Seeing as how im still the exact same role i was every other day, my argument is exactly the same as well.

hoops was very helpful in yesterday's bbq

I am suspicious of him as well, but we won't have anything concrete until tomorrow.

knives out
Old 04-29-2006, 07:37 PM   #2212
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
hoops was very helpful in yesterday's bbq

I am suspicious of him as well, but we won't have anything concrete until tomorrow.
Yesterdays BBQ? Im sorry, i must have missed where he was very helpful. He came onto and voted CW after it was already dead set CW was going to burn...hows that very helpful? Maybe you mean the second vote, where you guys tested a villager...Where was he very helpful might i ask?
Demotivation
Old 04-29-2006, 07:44 PM   #2213
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Yesterdays BBQ? Im sorry, i must have missed where he was very helpful. He came onto and voted CW after it was already dead set CW was going to burn...hows that very helpful? Maybe you mean the second vote, where you guys tested a villager...Where was he very helpful might i ask?

Early on, before voting, he endorsed the vote, then added the reveal which actually made the vote more convincing. I mean, yeah, maybe he's a Thing. I'm not saying he's clear, but his actions yesterday were overall helpful to the human cause.

knives out
Old 04-29-2006, 07:48 PM   #2214
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Early on, before voting, he endorsed the vote, then added the reveal which actually made the vote more convincing. I mean, yeah, maybe he's a Thing. I'm not saying he's clear, but his actions yesterday were overall helpful to the human cause.
If you feel that way thats fine...i just feel like yesterday was a pretty much foregone conclusion that CW was going down, and as a thing i would have done everything in my power to make sure i looked like one of the ones crucifying him if hes already going down. I see your side, but i just feel like its just him trying to play you. Oh well, he is my vote today, tomorrow, and every day until we kill him.
Demotivation
Old 04-29-2006, 07:52 PM   #2215
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
If you feel that way thats fine...i just feel like yesterday was a pretty much foregone conclusion that CW was going down, and as a thing i would have done everything in my power to make sure i looked like one of the ones crucifying him if hes already going down. I see your side, but i just feel like its just him trying to play you. Oh well, he is my vote today, tomorrow, and every day until we kill him.

I agree that hoops played very carefully. But at the beginning of the day it was NOT a foregone conclusion that CW was going down. At least, no more a foregone conclusion than it had been the day before.

Also keep in mind that hoops reveal pretty much ensures that he will be tested sooner rather than later.

knives out
Old 04-29-2006, 07:55 PM   #2216
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Also keep in mind that hoops reveal pretty much ensures that he will be tested sooner rather than later.
sooner or later is exactly what they want...if they have been converting every night were prob. 2-3 votes from losing...as a thing sooner or later might just win the game for them. Today is a wasted day, im clean..i just hope we make better use of tomorrow. Oh well, back to a video game and watching the draft.
Demotivation
Old 04-29-2006, 08:03 PM   #2217
Blade6119
Coordinator

Dola, as a thought...Dubb is still in the game, but he has stopped playing...that might be a stunningly amazing conversion target...food for thought..he would count in the human-thing count but would likely never be tested...just crossed my mind
Demotivation
Old 04-29-2006, 10:33 PM   #2218
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola, as a thought...Dubb is still in the game, but he has stopped playing...that might be a stunningly amazing conversion target...food for thought..he would count in the human-thing count but would likely never be tested...just crossed my mind
Dubb is not in the game. King is.
Old 04-29-2006, 11:48 PM   #2219
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Dubb is not in the game. King is.
Ah, missed that...my fault...still same effect though a tad diminished...king hasnt done much since coming in.
Demotivation
Old 04-30-2006, 01:19 PM   #2220
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I would agree with Blade that I would like to hear from King. I don't blame him for not wanting to reread 40+ pages but hearing some questions at least might help get some discussion going.
Old 04-30-2006, 01:30 PM   #2221
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Still a placeholder, likely.

Unvote tanglewood

Vote Blade

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 01:45 PM   #2222
Barkeep49
Coordinator

A placeholder for what?
Old 04-30-2006, 01:47 PM   #2223
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Until I figure out who I really want to vote for. So if I can't figure it out, then I already have a vote.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 02:04 PM   #2224
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
Until I figure out who I really want to vote for. So if I can't figure it out, then I already have a vote.

-Anxiety
What would it take to help you make up your mind? Better to have votes locked in early to try and avoid last minute manipulation.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:43 PM   #2225
path12
Coordinator

Haven't been around much the past couple of days, but it looks like the consensus is revolving around Blade. I don't have a counter to that right now, so:

VOTE BLADE
Old 04-30-2006, 08:02 PM   #2226
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I can't wait until tomorrow night. I'll either see him burn or apologize to him. I hope the former.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 08:03 PM   #2227
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I can't wait until tomorrow night. I'll either see him burn or apologize to him. I hope the former.
Since im already as good as tested i think tomorrow night(or sooner if we can get peope to vote) will be most entertaining
Demotivation
Old 04-30-2006, 08:09 PM   #2228
hoopsguy
General Manager

Vote count as of Post #2227:

Blade - Raiders (2179), Barkeep (2197), Cronin (2200), Hoopsguy (2201), Anxiety (2221), path (2225)

Hoopsguy - Blade (2185)

Cronin - Jeeber (2186)

Not voted: Tanglewood, King, Swaggs, mckerney, WVUFAN
Old 04-30-2006, 08:13 PM   #2229
hoopsguy
General Manager

Blade, I was hoping to catch up with you some point tonight or tomorrow morning ...

Just for a second, take me out of your list of suspects (I know, it messes up your entire premise for the game for 5+ days). Who else do you think are likely Things? Do you think that you are being bandwagoned up to this point by Things or by mistaken scientists?

I'm worried that you are legit, they convert Monday night, and I'm tested Tuesday. If they have been converting every night (and leave me alone tomorrow night) then we lose the game because they will have their win numbers (7-6).
Old 04-30-2006, 08:25 PM   #2230
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Blade, I was hoping to catch up with you some point tonight or tomorrow morning ...

Just for a second, take me out of your list of suspects (I know, it messes up your entire premise for the game for 5+ days). Who else do you think are likely Things? Do you think that you are being bandwagoned up to this point by Things or by mistaken scientists?

I'm worried that you are legit, they convert Monday night, and I'm tested Tuesday. If they have been converting every night (and leave me alone tomorrow night) then we lose the game because they will have their win numbers (7-6).
Tanglewood, swaggs, kingfc and raiders army...cronin is a misguided villager to me, barkeep is an oddball, and is 1 comment from adding to that list...thats if we have conversions everynight. Though you are still on top of my list, and this comment feels like you are just doing more positioning. But you have your answer(which will be moot after you test me and they convert another)
Demotivation
Old 04-30-2006, 08:47 PM   #2231
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, I'm actually trying to win the game. I've trusted you for the most part this game but I think the chances of you being converted last night after my reveal were almost too good for the Things to pass up.

If you are tested and proved to be a Thing, then I will like having this post to try and figure out if you are playing mind games (listing Things, hoping we will ignore them) or straight (listing villagers, hoping we will expect them to be Things. That part of the game is fun for me.

If you are tested and proved to be a scientist, then I expect that I'll be tested the next night if you remain 100% focused on me. I'm sure you will be doing exactly that if they convert you tomorrow night.

As it stands, I'm focusing on getting a Thing on Day 7 with my vote. But if I'm wrong and you are innocent then I think I see how the end-game goes down.
Old 04-30-2006, 08:52 PM   #2232
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, I'm actually trying to win the game. I've trusted you for the most part this game but I think the chances of you being converted last night after my reveal were almost too good for the Things to pass up.

If you are tested and proved to be a Thing, then I will like having this post to try and figure out if you are playing mind games (listing Things, hoping we will ignore them) or straight (listing villagers, hoping we will expect them to be Things. That part of the game is fun for me.

If you are tested and proved to be a scientist, then I expect that I'll be tested the next night if you remain 100% focused on me. I'm sure you will be doing exactly that if they convert you tomorrow night.

As it stands, I'm focusing on getting a Thing on Day 7 with my vote. But if I'm wrong and you are innocent then I think I see how the end-game goes down.
Oh, i already believe we have lost this game...The conversions have thrown our circle of trusts into utter uselessness, and personally im just lost if your not a thing. For us to win starting tomorrow we will have to kill a thing everyday...which i dont see as likely....

Im just looking forward to endgame so i can see what actions were taken every night(or not taken in your part)
Demotivation
Old 05-01-2006, 05:49 AM   #2233
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Oh, i already believe we have lost this game...The conversions have thrown our circle of trusts into utter uselessness, and personally im just lost if your not a thing. For us to win starting tomorrow we will have to kill a thing everyday...which i dont see as likely....
I can agree with this wholeheartedly. At this point I wish I could get converted just so I could see what's going on. There are good points to being a baddie in these games. At least you know who's on your side. The bad point to being a baddie is the obligation you have to the team. Whenever I was a wolf, it seemed as if I had to stay online to help the team. At least being a villager, you can come and go as you please.
Old 05-01-2006, 09:04 AM   #2234
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ah yes that feeling of hopelessness. I know it well. But I feel while we might be statistically closer to losing, we aren't in any more of dire straights, I feel, then we have been since Day 3. So I say we go forward with vigor and hope that we get Blade today and perhaps Tangle, who I agree is still emitting shitface left and right, tomorrow and hope we get a 2nd chance on one of them.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:07 PM   #2235
st.cronin
General Manager

The closer they get to winning, the harder it is for us NOT to vote for a Thing. But for the humans to win, they have to nail 2 things pretty much every day.

knives out
Old 05-01-2006, 01:19 PM   #2236
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
The closer they get to winning, the harder it is for us NOT to vote for a Thing. But for the humans to win, they have to nail 2 things pretty much every day.

This is kind of where I'm at too -- we've GOT to hit one sooner or later. I'm hoping that we can get enough clues once we nail one that we can get on a roll.

That said, this is the kind of game that makes me realize how much I suck at werewolf still.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:34 PM   #2237
kingfc22
Head Coach

VOTE BLADE

Didn't realize jumping into a WW game in the middle was so hard. I know that I am not a Thing yet and our chances of hitting one get better each day.

Let's just hope today is one of those days.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #2238
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm still waiting for Blade to pull off his "vote for someone else" thing that always seems to happen.
Old 05-01-2006, 03:21 PM   #2239
Swaggs
Coordinator

I had a busy weeking, but have been following along by reading.

Looks like we are either out of helpful roles or that the helpful roles are not ready to reveal much to us (leaning toward the prior). I am thinking we are bound to hit someone, just by sheer luck, soon and Blade makes as much sense as anyone else.

Vote Blade6119
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 03:21 PM   #2240
Swaggs
Coordinator

I had a busy weeking, but have been following along by reading.

Looks like we are either out of helpful roles or that the helpful roles are not ready to reveal much to us (leaning toward the prior). I am thinking we are bound to hit someone, just by sheer luck, soon and Blade makes as much sense as anyone else.

Vote Blade6119
Old 05-01-2006, 03:23 PM   #2241
Swaggs
Coordinator

Whoops.

Disregard one of the prior posts. Things seemed to jam up on me, so I tried to stop and repost.
Old 05-01-2006, 04:58 PM   #2242
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I'm still waiting for Blade to pull off his "vote for someone else" thing that always seems to happen.
If he can get a group around tangle I will go that way. Otherwise I'm locked on him.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:03 PM   #2243
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Due to the lack of discussion, I will be out tonight in about an hour. Fixing shishkabobs right now over rice pilaf and green beans. Prison Break and the Apprentice are on tonight, so I'll be out around 7 EST.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:52 PM   #2244
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #2243:

Blade - Raiders (2179), Barkeep (2197), Cronin (2200), Hoopsguy (2201), Anxiety (2221), path (2225), Kingfc (2237), Swaggs (2239)

Hoopsguy - Blade (2185)

Cronin - Jeeber (2186)

Not voted: Tanglewood, mckerney, WVUFAN
Old 05-01-2006, 05:55 PM   #2245
mckerney
Coordinator

Vote Barkeep
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:59 PM   #2246
hoopsguy
General Manager

Not much to discuss here at this point, is there?

King, I agree that it is tough coming in mid-game for any WW game. I'm not sure if this one is easier or harder since catching up with who trusted who the day before is pretty worthless in this game.

What do people think is contributing to the sense of helplessness in this game? Is it the fact that the circles of trust model, which we have come to rely upon, has minimal value? Is it because the game has gone on longer (into our 3rd week now) than usual? Or is it just a lack of success catching Things? We aren't that far removed from catching Coffee Warlord, but it does feel like a long, long time ago.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:08 PM   #2247
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm out for the night. I hope Blade is a Thing. If he isn't, then I don't know where to go from here.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:09 PM   #2248
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Not much to discuss here at this point, is there?

King, I agree that it is tough coming in mid-game for any WW game. I'm not sure if this one is easier or harder since catching up with who trusted who the day before is pretty worthless in this game.

What do people think is contributing to the sense of helplessness in this game? Is it the fact that the circles of trust model, which we have come to rely upon, has minimal value? Is it because the game has gone on longer (into our 3rd week now) than usual? Or is it just a lack of success catching Things? We aren't that far removed from catching Coffee Warlord, but it does feel like a long, long time ago.

I blame Joey Harrington.

knives out
Old 05-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #2249
hoopsguy
General Manager

I blame his wide receivers.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:14 PM   #2250
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I blame his wide receivers.

That's a good point. Trading him is a mistake - they would have been smarter to sign him to an extension and draft Holmes or somebody.

knives out