Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-19-2006, 07:04 PM   #2201
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Okay, maybe there's not much pressure on me after all. Just some votes and flees (pardon the pun -- okay, fleas aren't really barnyard animals, but you get the idea). Anyway, I can't believe this is even a contest -- two people who voted for Chubby on Day 5 come out within ten minutes of and vote for me, the guy who started the voting for GE that day? Wow.

Vote DodgerChick

You voted for GE what day? You mean yesterday? Almost everyone voted for him.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:04 PM   #2202
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

vote pass
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:04 PM   #2203
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

sorry pass, you're just too under the radar for me
Old 09-19-2006, 07:48 PM   #2204
Thomkal
Head Coach

Grey,

Wow how the heck can you be voting with the same two people who voted for you on Day 4 and 5, and have been voting together ever since Fouts came into the game?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:53 PM   #2205
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

right now i'm torn between pass and DC
Old 09-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #2206
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Grey,

Wow how the heck can you be voting with the same two people who voted for you on Day 4 and 5, and have been voting together ever since Fouts came into the game?

I'm sure he has his reasons like... maybe he knows I'm not evil? I sound like a broken record here but I couldn't read Grey and that's why I kept voting for him. I have now figured out who is good and will align myself with them if I survive tonight.
Old 09-19-2006, 07:55 PM   #2207
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Grey,

actually, just because pass voted for GE when it was close with chubby

unvote pass
vote dodgerchick
Old 09-19-2006, 07:56 PM   #2208
Lorena
Unregistered

Grey, don't let Thomkal change your mind!!
Old 09-19-2006, 07:56 PM   #2209
Lorena
Unregistered

Awww...

You got the wrong person man... you got the wrong person
Old 09-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #2210
Lorena
Unregistered

When I get lynched, seriously look at Thom... he obviously wants me dead. Maybe it's because he's a Rev?
Old 09-19-2006, 07:59 PM   #2211
Lorena
Unregistered

Hmm... he's still in the thread, is he here to see if anyone else will change their vote? Inquiring minds wanna know.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:09 PM   #2212
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yes DC I'm here in the thread-to prevent any last second vote changes...oh like the one you pulled on us the other night.
Old 09-19-2006, 08:16 PM   #2213
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Yes DC I'm here in the thread-to prevent any last second vote changes...oh like the one you pulled on us the other night.

I can see how people get paranoid and I fell in that trap. This game is full of conspiracies and it's hard to figure out who is who.

I was a bit upset and hit the submit button without thinking.

Oh well, whip me now boyz!!
Old 09-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #2214
st.cronin
General Manager

When's deadline?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:21 PM   #2215
Lorena
Unregistered

9pm eastern
Old 09-19-2006, 08:21 PM   #2216
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
When's deadline?

according to the header, 20 minutes ago
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:31 PM   #2217
path12
Coordinator

It was quiet for much of the day. The mood was far different than yesterday when the end of the revolution seemed in sight. Suspicion fell upon Dodgerchick early and didn't let up, despite a brief sniff in Passacaglia's direction.

At the end, Dodgerchick is called to judgement and she is dispatched. You hope this could be the end, but are afraid that there is still work to be done.

DODGERCHICK HAS BEEN LYNCHED. NIGHT ACTIONS ARE DUE TO ANXIETY BY 9AM EASTERN.

And that's it for me, folks. Anxiety will be taking over as the new GM for the rest of the game. I'll be able to follow along briefly tomorrow morning, but might have to wait awhile to see how this one turns out. I hope you all enjoyed playing the game as much as I've enjoyed running it -- this has been a really fun experience. See y'all in a few weeks!

Last edited by path12 : 09-19-2006 at 08:31 PM.
path12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:32 PM   #2218
st.cronin
General Manager

Well done, path! I hope you do this again!

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:32 PM   #2219
Lorena
Unregistered

Have fun and stay safe path12. It was a fun challenge
Old 09-19-2006, 08:43 PM   #2220
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thanks so much Path, you did a good job and its been a lot of fun.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:07 PM   #2221
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hello folks from your new GM! A couple of quick bits of info.

Get those PMs to me. Whoot! Gimme those actions.

I am moving the due date for Night actions to 10 am EST from 9 am EST. I don't get up that early.

I haven't read all of the coolyhighharmony stuff that happened yet today but I have all of path's info, so I hope to get caught up on the day's posts in a few minutes.

I will endeavor to stick to path's previous rulings and whatnot, so don't try to trick me by asking a question that path already answered.

That's pretty much it. Thanks to path for running a fun game thus far, and I hope I can measure up. It is an honor to take over this game.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:09 PM   #2222
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Nice work path, I've enjoyed the game. thanks for running it for us. I'm hoping to get some answers after the game for all the things I'm confused about!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post

I am moving the due date for Night actions to 10 am EST from 9 am EST. I don't get up that early.

-Anxiety

Slacker!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:12 PM   #2223
Thomkal
Head Coach

Thanks for jumping in to help Anxiety. Much appreciated.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:13 PM   #2224
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Thanks Thomkal, but really, it was an honor for me.

Old 09-19-2006, 09:50 PM   #2225
saldana
Pro Starter

i must have missed something...why did path have to bow out?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:16 PM   #2226
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i must have missed something...why did path have to bow out?

He had to go out of town for a few weeks or something. his game just took longer than he expected
Old 09-19-2006, 10:21 PM   #2227
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, thanks for a fun game. Will catch up with you on it more when you get back.

Abe, please feel free to give us some frigging info in the writeups
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 11:02 PM   #2228
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Obviously I will be unable to edit the title of the thread or the first few posts. However, we are lucky. The fourth post in the thread is mine. I will be editing that post with information and the updates on the peops as it occurs.

Old 09-19-2006, 11:54 PM   #2229
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Obviously I will be unable to edit the title of the thread or the first few posts. However, we are lucky. The fourth post in the thread is mine. I will be editing that post with information and the updates on the peops as it occurs.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I will indeed share my thoughts when I get back.

Nice catch on the titles, Abe -- I'll change that to reflect where to look for updates.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:03 AM   #2230
Swaggs
Coordinator

I had a good time, Path.

It seemed overwhelming at first, but I think it is proving to be a pretty balanced game. Good job.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:55 AM   #2231
Fouts
College Starter

So, DC pays for saving GE. We are getting down to the nitty gritty.

Hoops and Grey are known good. I know I am good, so that leaves me with;

Pass, Alan, and Thomkal.

Pass - Still don't like his vote history. Claims the first vote for GE on day 6 clears him, but any wolf can make that vote.

Alan - I trusted him from the posts I read of his when I first entered, but he hasn't picked up on any of my posts, and even voted for me. Veteran player that is still alive very late in the game.

Thomkal - Quiet since entering the game. It is certainly possible that Conflag started the game as the sympathizer. Pushed for DC's lynch.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:59 AM   #2232
Fouts
College Starter

BTW, the known good guys should be leading the hit parade, but that doesn't seem to be happening. Grey is hardly around, and hoops just keeps throwing out theory after theory.

Come on guys, give us some direction. Where do we go tomorrow?
Old 09-20-2006, 06:21 AM   #2233
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fouts, I'm inclined to agree with you at this point. With five left I'm willing to push quite a bit harder today for what I think is the right direction. I've tried to be inclusive and not to use my "known good" as a bully pulpit because I don't think that is necessarily fun for other people, but it is time to win the game.

Grey, assuming nothing funny happens with either of us this evening I would encourage you to post all of your information as early as possible. Hopefully you have a chance to read this tonight and can post it before heading into work. I want as much information as possible to work with today. Knowing that I have to leave by 5:30 PM EST, and may not be back for the deadline, I really hope you see this from home and can act accordingly.
Old 09-20-2006, 06:55 AM   #2234
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to likely have to be away a good part of today, going to Waltham to do an install at a new company we aquired. I'll likely be back before Hoops has to leave for the evening though.

My thoughts shouldn't be any question, I've been fairly vocal all game.. yesterday's moves late in the day didn't do anything to change my opinion at all with DC and Fouts moving together late in a voting block, which has been consistant the entire game since Fouts has joined.

And I'm all for Hoops and grey leading the voting push (Of course I said that yesterday and said it the night before that too!) Either way, I don't really have much more to add today I fear that I haven't said already.

I'll be on this afternoon when I get back from Waltham.
Old 09-20-2006, 07:13 AM   #2235
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
My thoughts shouldn't be any question, I've been fairly vocal all game.. yesterday's moves late in the day didn't do anything to change my opinion at all with DC and Fouts moving together late in a voting block, which has been consistant the entire game since Fouts has joined.

This is a joke right? You think there are/were 2 baddies left and they are deliberately voting in a block to off people? I may not be very good at this game, but I would know enough not to be so obvious as to vote exactly like my partner. I'm starting to think there is a good reason you are still alive.

Does everyone here think DC was a Rev? I didn't get that impression from the results.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:18 AM   #2236
hoopsguy
General Manager

No, I didn't get a strong Rev vibe from DC yesterday. Reading through the end it felt kind of like it did Day 3 with Bek.

I would encourage people to play today as if there are two Revs out there and that we are in position to lose the game with a bad vote today. More to say after results are posted and I see who I'm playing with today.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:19 AM   #2237
Fouts
College Starter

I won't be on until this afternoon (PST). Thought there would be some results by now. Anyone know what happen last night?
Old 09-20-2006, 09:23 AM   #2238
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Dawn rises over the farm and the few remaining animals emerge from their various roosts. nests, dens, stalls and sties. The stink of mud hangs in the air from a light evening rain that dampened the ground and air.

You pass by the commandments on teh barn and you gather for morning meal. Unfortunately, one of you notices that Fouts is not at breakfast. A sense of doom sets in and you have all seen this scene too many times before. Hearts weary, you trudge to Fouts' barn, and open the door cautiously.

Is he still asleep? Maybe he is just sick? Although there are questions of hop in your hearts, you have seen too much death this past week. You know what awaits you. You creep slowly to Fouts bedding. None of you wants to take the inititive to see if Fouts still lives.

Eventually, one of you pokes Fouts and then again with no response. You roll him over and see that he has died of violence last night, apparently choked to death.

With a weary step you being the process of readying Fouts for burial. As you leave and walk past an opening between the sheds and barns, one of you cries out and points. The sign at the front gate has been changed from Animal Farm back to Manor Farm.

What can this mean for the farm?

Night Seven has ended. DAY Eight has begun and will end at 9:00 pm.

-Anxiety

Last edited by Abe Sargent : 09-20-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:26 AM   #2239
Fouts
College Starter

Ugh.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:29 AM   #2240
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
No, I didn't get a strong Rev vibe from DC yesterday. Reading through the end it felt kind of like it did Day 3 with Bek.

I would encourage people to play today as if there are two Revs out there and that we are in position to lose the game with a bad vote today. More to say after results are posted and I see who I'm playing with today.

I think this makes sense, at least looking at it psychologically. If there's just one rev, we're probably in pretty good shape either way, but if there's two, we're screwed. It's hard for me to imagine that with all the rev (or pretty damn sure they're rev) kills we've had, that there's still two revs out there.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:41 AM   #2241
Thomkal
Head Coach

Wow I have to say Fouts is the last one I would have expected to be killed. The connection to Dodgerchick and his votes would have made him a strong lynch candidate today-I would have voted for him over Alan or Pass.

Now I don't know who to vote for.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:47 AM   #2242
hoopsguy
General Manager

The Revs are in really bad shape if they only have one person left. I did not protect Greyroofoo last night because I knew that if the two of us were alive come tomorrow morning that I would just put a Nightfall vote in ASAP and end the game. So if there is only one left they are essentially done.

Today: bad lynch = 3 vs 1
Tonight: I protect Grey, they can either attack one us and hope for 25% or attack the other remaining villager
Tomorrow: if they attack the other villager at night, we are down to Grey, Rev, and me. Game over

So that is why I say we should attack the game today as if there are two Revs. It doesn't really matter who I guarded last night, as it obviously was not Fouts. But if the Revs had gone for Grey yesterday than the outlook would have been much worse.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:52 AM   #2243
hoopsguy
General Manager

Instinctively I don't think that Alan T would have gone after Fouts last night because it draws a little more attention to him as the most likely candidate for "why is this guy still alive?" So I'll be looking hardest at Passacaglia and Thomkal.

Barring any really surprising analysis today, I will not be voting for Alan T. Good luck to him on hitting his 25% chance tonight if he is flying solo as a Rev. And if there are two remaining, with Alan T as one of them, then I guess I'm reducing my odds from 67 to 50 by eliminating him. Or making them 100% by correctly deducing that he is not a Rev.

Any thoughts on a Fouts/Dodgerchick alliance of evil can now be put to bed.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:01 AM   #2244
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Instinctively I don't think that Alan T would have gone after Fouts last night because it draws a little more attention to him as the most likely candidate for "why is this guy still alive?" So I'll be looking hardest at Passacaglia and Thomkal.

Barring any really surprising analysis today, I will not be voting for Alan T. Good luck to him on hitting his 25% chance tonight if he is flying solo as a Rev. And if there are two remaining, with Alan T as one of them, then I guess I'm reducing my odds from 67 to 50 by eliminating him. Or making them 100% by correctly deducing that he is not a Rev.

Any thoughts on a Fouts/Dodgerchick alliance of evil can now be put to bed.

Obviously no Fouts/DC alliance. I think I might have been hasty in making that accusation yesterday. I expected one, maybe both of them to vote for me, but I think it caught me off-guard that they voted for me in such succession. Anyway, I guess Fouts was good; also, if we're thinking two revs left, we should assume DC was good as well. Yesterday, I was thinking even if she wasn't allied with Fouts, she was a rev trying to jump on a vote to save herself. But I can't imagine that we had three revs yesterday.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:18 AM   #2245
hoopsguy
General Manager

If we had three Revs yesterday then one of them had to be DC, or else the game would have been over at the lynch (3 vs 3).

I don't find this a likely scenario.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:31 AM   #2246
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

ok back for a bit. BUt need to make the time count some since I need to leave by 4:30-4:45 pm EST to go to a school ice cream social thing for my daughter at kindergarten.

Not really sure where to go just yet today, however if both Thomkal and Pass are revs, I guess it doesn't actually matter. Going to look at both of them a bit closer for a bit, and reread what all they have had to say this game thus far.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:43 AM   #2247
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hoops what do you feel about pass right now? Neither he nor Thomkal has been super active postwise, but Pass feels like he is trying to stay under the radar more a little bit to me. He has a bit more posts than Thomkal, but has like 5 more days in the game. I'm wondering if he (or they) has/have been sitting back and just letting us make all of the wrong moves.
Old 09-20-2006, 11:58 AM   #2248
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lets get the ball rolling. I'll put out there that I'm more than willing to be talked off this vote.

Maybe I'm a sucker for the "isn't me, but I'm not mounting a strong self-defense" but after catching up when I got home last night I found myself thinking DC was not a Rev. She pointed at Thomkal as the person who was in the thread late, and Thomkal did play at least some role in deterring a vote change from DC to Passacaglia.

My biggest concern at this stage in the game is that there are two Revs, have to get one today to keep the game alive.

The people voting for Pass yesterday were DC (lynch), Fouts (night kill), and Grey temporarily (known good). So there was not a coordinatd movement of bad guys trying to set up Pass in this case. Thomkal, as a good guy, would not have complete knowledge of this at the time as he didn't know about Fouts. But we do know the roles of two of the three here now and this is a bad spot for him in a two-Rev scenario.

In a scenario where Pass is a Rev, he was living pretty well last night. He picks up some votes (2-2-1 with him and DC tied). He moves the tie an hour before lynch, then disappears. Now Grey comes in to tie it up again, leaving the vote in a position where potentially Alan T could decide how this one ends by moving his vote off of Fouts. It is then that Thomkal emerges to push Grey back towards DC.

If Pass is the only one left (same scenario for one left no matter who it is) then we are 75% to win the game tomorrow even if we mess up this lynch. It is only if we have a two man scenario of Alan T and Pass, neither of which really shaped the lynch last night, that we lose at lynch today.

VOTE THOMKAL
Old 09-20-2006, 12:03 PM   #2249
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well I obviously am going to have to vote with where you and Grey go Hoops, since voting elsewhere just opens the door for them to tie it up, and if they both are revs, it doesn't matter which I vote for.

Maybe before choosing Thomkal here we should look back at more than just last night though. I agree its fishy that Thomkal came in last second to save Pass, or help encourage Grey to move off of Pass. Just something about Pass seems to bug me more is all. Maybe I just haven't played with Thomkal before and don't have a feel for how he plays.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #2250
Lorena
Unregistered