Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #2201
HenryPym
Mascot

It looks like the rebel mission is very undermanned, and with the addition of Aardwolf who I have concerns about.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #2202
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
I do agree with this, though that point may have been lost in my struggles to bash reason into the head of Dr. Doom. I also favor overkill on the Egyptian mission -- that's why I planned to assist it this morning. However, if Mimic is going to use his considerable energy on that mission, that is already overkill. Mimic is just following orders, but how Dr. Doom does not see this, I do not understand. I am of the opinion that one of Mimic or myself is needed for this mission, but using both of us on it today takes away some of our options for going after Galactus tomorrow.

I can't decide if I think you're right or completely full of it.
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #2203
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
I think the biggest case being made against her is that she is being a Scarlet Witch! Basically ruffling Doom's feathers even though he seems to be pretty much cleared, and his actions also seem to show no third party win conditions or the like either as some suggested. I think Doom is being a bit upset at her because with his plan even one person openly defying it might cause the entire thing to implode and become worthless (if he is attempting to do what I think by making sure to use up everyone's action points so they can't be used against us).

Now that said, do I think that this makes her evil? Not really.. I think her over the top approach has put her pretty high there in the spotlight, so I would assume someone with the ability to "seer scan" as it has been called might take the opportunity to look at her early on, which would not be a recipe for her success if she was bad..

I think if anything, I don't necessarily trust her as she hasn't really been overly cooperative, and she may or may not be loyal, but I don't think that makes her necessarily a rebel either.. If anything she's just being overly stubborn.

To be clear, I am not trying to say that Doom is a rebel. Since he is the one ruling the world, he would essentially be leading a rebellion against himself. Pretty unlikely, I'd say.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #2204
Mimic
High School JV

Aardwolf is here, maybe he can answer some of our concerns.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:03 PM   #2205
Aardwolf
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
Hey, no one else felt it strange that Aardwolf was disobeying Doom and his reason was pretty weak?

Pretty weak? To go on a mission to help us weed out rebels is a pretty weak explanation? I find your questioning of this to be pretty weak. I take it intelligence is not one of your powers, or you are a rebel who does not want us to use our powers in a mission that could directly hurt your cause.
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:04 PM   #2206
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Since we appear to be undermanned on both missions, I will be available to have my assignment changed if necessary. No one has selected me to guard them this evening.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:05 PM   #2207
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangtheConqueror View Post
I can't decide if I think you're right or completely full of it.

I have been wrestling with this question for many, many years. As I posted earlier, I have concluded that both are true statements.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #2208
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
Since we appear to be undermanned on both missions, I will be available to have my assignment changed if necessary. No one has selected me to guard them this evening.

Who is left that hasn't ordered a guard command yet among the prelates?
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:09 PM   #2209
Aardwolf
n00b

Collossus and QuickSilver are already on the Rebel mission and I don't trust either of them. We need more on this mission to counter their sabotage attempts.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:11 PM   #2210
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
So far Colossus, Quicksilver and Ghost Rider have pledged to this very important task. Scarlet Witch pledges to help from earth. I would see more pledge their energy to it.

Mimic, you possess the power to make this mission succeed singlehandedly with your energy stores. Prove your loyalty to Doom by eradicating the rebellion today.

Here are the Strike Teams Doom suggests. Disagree if you wish, but unexplained insubordination will be suspect.

Rebel Mission
Colossus
Emma Frost
Firebird
Ghost Rider
Iron Fist
Mimic
Quicksilver
Silver Surfer

Galactus Attack
Aardwolf
Beast
Cable
Henry Pym
Hulk
Kang
Vision

Tonight's Guards
Magneto
Nick Fury
Punisher
Silver Samurai
Spiderman

Mr. Fantastic I will expect you to open the portal to the Negative Zone tonight.

ALL HAIL DOOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
If those who were suggested to go on the Galactus mission follow thourh we have mor than enough power there. I want to see the rebellion stopped so I am going to not so respectfully decline the suggestion from Dr. Doom and chose a different mission.

My talents were wasted last night in a guard mission (I only say wasted as there was no attack on Emma Frost). With that said, night guard duty is quite suited for some of my talents. When the moon arises I feel the power within me grow and my hunger for rebellious blood intensifies.

Go on Egypt Rebellion Mission

Quote:
Pretty weak? To go on a mission to help us weed out rebels is a pretty weak explanation? I find your questioning of this to be pretty weak. I take it intelligence is not one of your powers, or you are a rebel who does not want us to use our powers in a mission that could directly hurt your cause.

Nice rhetoric combined with personal insults.

Try providing an explanation of how the Rebel mission composition is not as strong as the Galactus team composition. I don't see how this is so.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:12 PM   #2211
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Collossus and QuickSilver are already on the Rebel mission and I don't trust either of them. We need more on this mission to counter their sabotage attempts.

What's the case against Quicksilver?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:13 PM   #2212
Aardwolf
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryPym View Post
It looks like the rebel mission is very undermanned, and with the addition of Aardwolf who I have concerns about.

The only reason you should have concerns about me going on the rebel mission is if you are a rebel, so that must mean...

Wait your turn and I will get to you soon.

What is most important today is that I get to taste rebel blood!!!
Old 10-10-2008, 02:14 PM   #2213
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Vision, I believe, First Prelate.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:19 PM   #2214
Aardwolf
n00b

Quote:

Try providing an explanation of how the Rebel mission composition is not as strong as the Galactus team composition. I don't see how this is so.

Strength is not in direct relation to the importance. Galactus mission is important to us and the rebels. Rebel mission is important only to us for success, for rebels it is only imporant to sabotage. We need as much of our own strength on that mission as possible to counter any sabotage attempts.

I know I have been taken away by outside distractions but QuickSilver has added nothing to our assistance, has done merely hit and run attacks with no explanation (yet I have not seen anyone call QuickSilver on this other than me) and has been part of a failed mission in which QuickSilver seemed to do nothing.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #2215
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:

(ooc) I thought that's the way the game is played! (/ooc)

Despite Dr. Doom's inability to withdraw his attack on me, I am considering assisting the Galactus mission today. There's no point in waiting until tomorrow for it. Thoughts?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #2216
HenryPym
Mascot

Scarlet Witch,

are you helping with the attack on Galactus or not? not sure from all the posts between you and Doom.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #2217
HenryPym
Mascot

nice crosspost

With so little time left before the misions, you need to decide now Scarlet Witch so we can figure out which mission needs more people or not
Old 10-10-2008, 02:23 PM   #2218
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
(ooc) I thought that's the way the game is played! (/ooc)

Despite Dr. Doom's inability to withdraw his attack on me, I am considering assisting the Galactus mission today. There's no point in waiting until tomorrow for it. Thoughts?

I'd do it. Let's place our trust in Doom at this point.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #2219
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Strength is not in direct relation to the importance. Galactus mission is important to us and the rebels. Rebel mission is important only to us for success, for rebels it is only imporant to sabotage. We need as much of our own strength on that mission as possible to counter any sabotage attempts.

I know I have been taken away by outside distractions but QuickSilver has added nothing to our assistance, has done merely hit and run attacks with no explanation (yet I have not seen anyone call QuickSilver on this other than me) and has been part of a failed mission in which QuickSilver seemed to do nothing.

Hmmmm...I can understand that explanation of mission importance as well as countering sabotage attempts but you understand that you put the spotlight on yourself by disobeying Doom and saying "Death to the rebels!" while changing missions? At the same time, you hinted at being a better guard. Wouldn't it be prudent to not go on a mission and prevent a rebel kill tonight if the rebel mission fails?

I'm not sure what to think about your explanation of Quicksilver other than that is not to the same level of scrutiny that Colossus was under.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:29 PM   #2220
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
nice crosspost

With so little time left before the misions, you need to decide now Scarlet Witch so we can figure out which mission needs more people or not

How would my decision affect that?

At this point, I am leaning toward using all my energy on Galactus, and let Mimic handle the rebels -- I had planned to use about a third of my energy on the rebels today, and two-thirds on Galactus tomorrow, but that energy won't be needed tomorrow after all.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #2221
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I'd do it. Let's place our trust in Doom at this point.

Sounds good. You take the rebels, I'll take Galactus. Doom twiddles his thumbs.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:30 PM   #2222
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
Hmmmm...I can understand that explanation of mission importance as well as countering sabotage attempts but you understand that you put the spotlight on yourself by disobeying Doom and saying "Death to the rebels!" while changing missions? At the same time, you hinted at being a better guard. Wouldn't it be prudent to not go on a mission and prevent a rebel kill tonight if the rebel mission fails?

I'm not sure what to think about your explanation of Quicksilver other than that is not to the same level of scrutiny that Colossus was under.

He is angry that I attacked him, following orders to attack someone.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:33 PM   #2223
Mimic
High School JV

FWIW, I think we're working together a little betterer today.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:34 PM   #2224
SilverSurfer
Mascot

I think we'll have a better idea of that after the missions.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:35 PM   #2225
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
So many holes. Where to start?

You tried to kill someone whom the rebels likely could not identify "on the sly." From the rebel perspective, young Storm was simply someone they knew only as not one of them. I presume the rebels have/had no more knowledge of what extreneous actors there may be on our stage. Ergo, to a rebel, Storm was probably a villager.

Did you try and kill a "bad guy?" Whether the Skrull was good or bad remains unknown. He notified us of the existence of the Herald, which is good. I surmise he had different win conditions, although I think only related to the demise of Galactus and the Herald.

Your justification for lying, that the expenditure of 3 points plus whatever you expended on the mission, which did not appear to be much, left the Mighty Colossus in a weakened state after day 1, is equally pathetic.

Wow, you're as ignorant as you are annoying.

Lets go point for point, shall we?

No shit the rebels didn't know who he was, how would they? and by the very SAME token, how could *I* have known he wasn't a rebel either? I had no foreknowledge that skrulls were even IN the game. So How does this negate the fact that I 'felt" someting was amiss with Mr. Storm? Oh thats right, it doesn;t, you simply can't maintain a timeline in your haste to persecute.

Not knowing that he was in fact a skrull sort of eliminates any premeditation on my part don't you think? I was assuming Torch was a rebel, nothing more. Again, a baseless point on your part. You're not paying attention to the flow of events.

And yet again you fal back on the "you lied to us" No shit. If you had actually read my posts you would see that I expended points on the mission as well as in my attack. Now I don;t know how many points you had to start, but my pool was rather limited. And just to reiterate my response to your claims that I was not vulnerable:

I had already gone on a mission so i could not use my defensive powers, I expended points on both the mission and the attack on Storm, so I had only a point left to work with. SO yes, I was worried about retaliation from the forces I BELIEVED at the time I was striking against.

Try thinking in the terms of how things actually happened instead of making it up as you go, then perhaps it might sink into that magnetic field you call a brain.

I've had enough of your ridiculous time wasting, we have a mission to fulfill.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:36 PM   #2226
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
How would my decision affect that?

At this point, I am leaning toward using all my energy on Galactus, and let Mimic handle the rebels -- I had planned to use about a third of my energy on the rebels today, and two-thirds on Galactus tomorrow, but that energy won't be needed tomorrow after all.

well we would need more people on Galactus most likely if you decided not to use their energy there.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:37 PM   #2227
hoopsguy
General Manager

Crap, I was gone for 15 minutes and you guys have filled my PM box with 20 more!

Emptying now, please resend in 5 minutes if you were not able to get through to me. (sigh)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:39 PM   #2228
HenryPym
Mascot

okay then thanks Scarlet Witch. So do we need more on a mission or not then at this point?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:39 PM   #2229
Aardwolf
n00b

Quote:
Wouldn't it be prudent to not go on a mission and prevent a rebel kill tonight if the rebel mission fails?

We need to play to win, we can't be playing "not to lose".
Old 10-10-2008, 02:40 PM   #2230
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
well we would need more people on Galactus most likely if you decided not to use their energy there.

Aren't there only like 4 people going? Even with my energy there, we should have more people on it.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:41 PM   #2231
Colossus
n00b

Quote:

You'd best come up with something valid to support your wild accusations furball. You want to see sabotage? You had best look elsewhere.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #2232
HenryPym
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Currently opting in for Mission:
Post #2020 - GhostRider
Post #2027 - Colossus
Post #2038 - Quicksilver
Post #2084 - SilverSurfer
Post #2099 - Aardwolf
Post #2126 - Mimic

Currently opting in for Galactus:
Post #2069 - Cable
Post #2090 - Kang
Post #2100 - Vision
Post #2101 - JeanGrey

Hulk has joined the Galactus mission, Emma Frost has joined the Egypt mission, am I missing anyone else?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #2233
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
okay then thanks Scarlet Witch. So do we need more on a mission or not then at this point?

With Aardwolf not going on this mission, I think we have less people then some days where we lost against Galactus.. So I think we still need more people to sign up for Galactus. Seems we are a few short right now on it.

Rebel Mission
Firebird
Iron Fist

Galactus Attack
Aardwolf - wrong mission
Beast
Henry Pym
Old 10-10-2008, 02:44 PM   #2234
KangtheConqueror
H.S. Freshman Team

All these people who aren't going on missions has me quite worried. Perhaps the rebels have to not go on missions to do their rebellious stuff?
KangtheConqueror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #2235
HenryPym
Mascot

Okay then guess I will, and I will be using more than one energy this time.

join Galactus Mission
Old 10-10-2008, 02:46 PM   #2236
Aardwolf
n00b

[ooc]In checking to see what PM's I may have sent today to hoops I noticed that if I open a PM from the sent items it gives the Reply All option but opening one in the Inbox does not. What's up wth that?[/ooc]
Old 10-10-2008, 02:49 PM   #2237
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
We need to play to win, we can't be playing "not to lose".

We've gone to rhetoric to cliches. Nice!

No seriously, I understand and can agree with that philosophy....you do realize that if the mission fails you've put yourself in a position where it looks as if you joined to sabotage it?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #2238
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

I am taking this season one mission at a time.

We win as a team, we lose as a team.

Turnovers will be the key.

We take what the defense gives us.

Egypt is always a tough place to play.

We don't do these missions on paper!

There is no love lost between the rebels and the loyalist.

It is going to be a war out there.

We match up well.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:52 PM   #2239
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
[ooc]In checking to see what PM's I may have sent today to hoops I noticed that if I open a PM from the sent items it gives the Reply All option but opening one in the Inbox does not. What's up wth that?[/ooc]

(ooc) I think that happened with the move to Operation Sports (/ooc)
Old 10-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #2240
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
I am taking this season one mission at a time.

We win as a team, we lose as a team.

Turnovers will be the key.

We take what the defense gives us.

Egypt is always a tough place to play.

We don't do these missions on paper!

There is no love lost between the rebels and the loyalist.

It is going to be a war out there.

We match up well.

If we aren't successful in this mission don't throw me under the bus.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:53 PM   #2241
HenryPym
Mascot

lol Mr Fantastic.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:54 PM   #2242
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

Quote:
Vision, I believe, First Prelate.

This is correct, Reed. I stand prepared to make such an order, but have not yet discerned which guard(s) are available, and which Prelate(s) have yet to be guarded. I wonder if a summary might be forthcoming from either of you? That would prove useful indeed.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #2243
Aardwolf
n00b

Quote:
We've gone to rhetoric to cliches. Nice!

No seriously, I understand and can agree with that philosophy....you do realize that if the mission fails you've put yourself in a position where it looks as if you joined to sabotage it?

I fully understand but I know the goal of my actions which is to destroy the rebellion. I took a chance and hope that it pays off. If I were in the rebellion why would I intentionally do this to bring attention my way?

I would be more suspicious of people accepting the Galactus mission with the "because doom asked" reason. That sounds too much like taking the easy cop out which is just what the rebellion wants, an excuse to use for why they took the actions they did.

As I have said, let me taste rebellion blood and I will be quite happy.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:55 PM   #2244
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
This is correct, Reed. I stand prepared to make such an order, but have not yet discerned which guard(s) are available, and which Prelate(s) have yet to be guarded. I wonder if a summary might be forthcoming from either of you? That would prove useful indeed.

I think the only person left is for you to order Magneto to guard yourself.. If I recall correct.
Old 10-10-2008, 02:57 PM   #2245
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I think the only person left is for you to order Magneto to guard yourself.. If I recall correct.

Correct. First Prelate, Doom has ordered me to be a guard, but my assistance may be helpful on either mission, and time is almost up. THoughts?
Old 10-10-2008, 02:59 PM   #2246
Aardwolf
n00b

Quote:
(ooc) I think that happened with the move to Operation Sports (/ooc)

[ooc]Actually I remember having it when we first moved to OS. If that were the case why would the button exist if you open a sent PM? I think something got screwed up when the skins were tampered with shortly after the move. I want my reply all back!!! That way Tyrith doesn't think I am ignoring him when I send PMs to hoops and forget to add him back in.[/ooc]
Old 10-10-2008, 03:00 PM   #2247
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
Correct. First Prelate, Doom has ordered me to be a guard, but my assistance may be helpful on either mission, and time is almost up. THoughts?

I think Doom has been eager to try to balance the need to keep those who he trust more (prelates) safe from harm while forcing everyone else to use their actions to reduce the chances for using those actions against us.

So I think the important thing is that you either guard or get an action in, but by making you a prelate I believe Doom also trusts you and would not like something bad to happen to you this evening either.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #2248
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I think Doom has been eager to try to balance the need to keep those who he trust more (prelates) safe from harm while forcing everyone else to use their actions to reduce the chances for using those actions against us.

So I think the important thing is that you either guard or get an action in, but by making you a prelate I believe Doom also trusts you and would not like something bad to happen to you this evening either.

Either way, I think if you would rather use your points on a mission, I don't know that I feel great about either of them. I feel a bit better about one than the other.. but I'm all about using you to beat the rebels if you don't mind taking the chance you might die tonight. Doom may disagree with me on that, but that is how I feel.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:01 PM   #2249
Aardwolf
n00b

Quote:
At the same time, you hinted at being a better guard.

Better at night, but not necessarily in guarding others.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #2250
Mimic
High School JV

Damn, shit or get off the pot!