Are you saying that this guy

Couldn't be Moses?
Old 04-10-2022, 07:43 PM   #22952
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Aren't I enough?

I've already given you anything of value I've had!
Old 04-10-2022, 08:03 PM   #22953
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
As an agnostic am I still allowed to enjoy the movie "The 10 Commandments"?

And can I still imagine that William Shatner would've made a great Moses?

I actually like The Ten Commandments over Ben Hur, if we're talking Charlton Heston epics

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 08:10 PM   #22954
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I actually like The Ten Commandments over Ben Hur, if we're talking Charlton Heston epics

SI

Well yah, Ben Hur is long and boring except for the chariot sequence.
Old 04-11-2022, 01:39 AM   #22955
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I've already given you anything of value I've had!

LMAO
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 01:40 AM   #22956
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Well yah, Ben Hur is long and boring except for the chariot sequence.

add explosions to every other scene
Old 04-11-2022, 09:01 PM   #22957
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Well, we now have caselaw confirming that "no government interest is furthered by the baptism of a detainee by an on-duty law-enforcement officer."

Glad that got cleared up.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:11 AM   #22958
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I love owning a home and having to pay $2800 to have my well pump replaced for my irrigation system.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 01:13 PM   #22959
AlexB
Pro Starter

Huh, didn’t realise Quinn from Homeland was a posh English actor
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 03:50 PM   #22960
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I love owning a home and having to pay $2800 to have my well pump replaced for my irrigation system.
Did you know a garage door cost $2,000 to repair? I do now.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 07:10 PM   #22961
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My daughter, 8, made an unassisted double play in her softball game tonight.

Runner on first. She was playing first. Fly ball that she snags out of the air. Starts jumping around so excited. Anyone who has kids that age who play softball/baseball know how rare it is kids actually catch fly balls. Runner takes off on contact. We all start yelling "step on the base, step on the base!!!" After a couple seconds she remembers and hauls it to the bag for the DP.

She was so proud.
Old 04-13-2022, 10:25 PM   #22962
21C
College Prospect

I used to get migraines quite regularly in my twenties. I would get the onset of the blurriness/aura/halo and I knew that I would be shithouse for the next few hours with the whole aversion to light, splitting headache and finally vomiting. I was reasonably lucky compared to many migraine sufferers in that my entire length of suffering only lasted between 4 and 6 hours.

Since that time, I moved on to less severe headaches (but still painful) in my thirties that would start with soreness in my neck and eventually move to my temples. Fortunately I haven't had one of those for about 15 years.

What is funny is that I have had a couple of recent episodes where I started to get the aura/halo and that was it. I got the exact same blurriness of the migraine experience and nothing else. I'm just glad that it didn't develop into anything else but it was really weird.
Old 04-13-2022, 10:28 PM   #22963
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm going the other way. I never had headaches or migraines but in the last couple of years, it's happened a few times now. No one can seem to figure out what's up and it's infrequent enough that there's no way I can schedule a doctor appointment to catch it in the act, so to speak. I've started to figure out little ways to help deal with it (gatorade, motrin) and I've kindof figured the dehydration and heat trigger it (mostly, but not consistently).

SI

Old 04-13-2022, 11:26 PM   #22964
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I used to get migraines in the high school years and would get that same telltale blurriness/squigglies that was a sure sign I was going to be in some pain in a half-hour. My migraines stopped relatively abruptly & altogether after either getting out of high school and/or my mom's house, thank God. I'm sorry you're dealing with them SI.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 04-13-2022 at 11:27 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2022, 11:36 PM   #22965
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Putting something out on eBay. Used the default of 7 days.

Wish I had said 4-5 days. I find myself watching the # watchers (12) and # bids (2). I figure I'll get more bids day of.

Not really complaining. eBay is a great business model for used stuff.

Sold my first item on eBay. Have to mail it off tomorrow.

This experience has made me think about buying new laptops/desktops.

If I buy a new laptop for $1,600, I can probably sell it for $600 in 4 years and roll it into my next laptop purchase, that means it costs me $250 x 4 years which is pretty reasonable.

I've got 2 desktops about 6 years old. Unfortunately, I did not keep their boxes so not sure it'll be worth it to try sell on eBay. Still functional for web browsing. Told wife I'll want to give it away on our subdivision FB for $50 (nice dinner) when we eventually replace them.

I am thinking about a nice Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen 10, i7 for me. Hope prices are more reasonable come Memorial or July 4 sales.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 02:06 AM   #22966
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21C View Post
I used to get migraines quite regularly in my twenties. I would get the onset of the blurriness/aura/halo and I knew that I would be shithouse for the next few hours with the whole aversion to light, splitting headache and finally vomiting. I was reasonably lucky compared to many migraine sufferers in that my entire length of suffering only lasted between 4 and 6 hours.

Since that time, I moved on to less severe headaches (but still painful) in my thirties that would start with soreness in my neck and eventually move to my temples. Fortunately I haven't had one of those for about 15 years.

What is funny is that I have had a couple of recent episodes where I started to get the aura/halo and that was it. I got the exact same blurriness of the migraine experience and nothing else. I'm just glad that it didn't develop into anything else but it was really weird.

I’ve had four of those aura only headaches in the last couple of years, no history of migraines before.

Doc told me they’re ocular migraines, and triggered by eye strain (screen time) or stress… if they’re the same as mine, they last 20-30 minutes and then gone (although I do feel a bit drained for a day or so afterwards)

Last edited by AlexB : 04-14-2022 at 02:07 AM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 03:47 AM   #22967
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72
Golf is kind of a ridiculous sport if you think about it. There's no functional utility at all in trying to get a little ball into a hole in the ground

Kind of unpleasant to think about how many sports that is true of.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 06:01 AM   #22968
GrantDawg

Elon Muck is now trying to buy Twitter outright. I other news, I will soon be leaving Twitter.
Old 04-14-2022, 07:47 AM   #22969
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Buying lightbulbs is stressful.
Old 04-14-2022, 08:30 AM   #22970
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm stuck in Austin for a 3rd day. Yesterday a part that's here in Austin didn't get to me because it didn't get on the truck. It got here Monday night before the trucks went out...but the bad weather kept them from unloading that truck and loading it for delivery...apparently it kept them from updating their website as well.

It cost me a day, I'm not overly thrilled about it, but my brother was on his first flight ever yesterday and got stuck in Atlanta for weather delays around the country. The amount of anger and frustration he had made my day far more enjoyable.

At one point he text me that I wasn't helping him calm down. I responded with, "I can assure you that I am not trying to calm you down."
Old 04-14-2022, 12:09 PM   #22971
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Does Ben even come here anymore? The music thread has been boned for almost a week. I'm not calling for a regime change, but if he isn't here at least daily, with obvious exceptions, maybe he should relinquish control to someone who is.
Old 04-14-2022, 12:14 PM   #22972
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My wife and the wife of a friend got each of us a ticket for Fathers Day to go see Flogging Molly in July at the iconic Stone Pony. Really excited. I have seen them about 30 times. I am REALLY looking forward to the co-headlining band The Interrupters. Saw them open for Green Day/Weezer/Fall Out Boy in Philly at Citizens bank park. They were excellent. Can't wait to see them in a smaller venue where they can also play more songs.

Old 04-14-2022, 01:11 PM   #22973
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Elon Muck is now trying to buy Twitter outright. I other news, I will soon be leaving Twitter.

The fact the share price hasn't moved remotely close to what he's offering shows that no one takes the offer seriously. Just seeking attention.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2022, 02:11 PM   #22974
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
The fact the share price hasn't moved remotely close to what he's offering shows that no one takes the offer seriously. Just seeking attention.
It is very unlikely the bid will be accepted. The running theory that I see is that he wants to push the company to find someone to buy out his shares. Most are speculating that this might be the opportunity for someone else to come in and buy Twitter, though finding someone that regulators would be ok with might be difficult.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 04-14-2022 at 02:12 PM.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:26 PM   #22975
RainMaker
General Manager

Those Progressive "becoming your parents" commercials are hitting a little too close to home.
Old 04-14-2022, 10:30 PM   #22976
21C
College Prospect

I bought a new pair of hiking boots the other day. I have been hiking around the house since then to wear them in.
Old 04-14-2022, 11:02 PM   #22977
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
I bought a new pair of hiking boots the other day. I have been hiking around the house since then to wear them in.

I've got the Merrill Moab and found they don't need to be broken in much.

Nowadays, trail runners are also used for hiking. I've tried them but my feet hurt if there are a lot of rocks on the trail. Don't know how others are able to do it.
Old 04-14-2022, 11:17 PM   #22978
21C
College Prospect

Shoes are often snug around my toes so I often do this regardless of shoe type.
Old 04-14-2022, 11:27 PM   #22979
stevew
Hall Of Famer

People on eBay are fkn animals. Everyone is flaky AF or just ghosts you. Plus there's zilch for seller protection so there's no consequence for a buyer to straight up lie.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 12:49 AM   #22980
bhlloy
Coordinator

What are you trying to buy? Outside a couple of isolated incidents where things weren’t in great condition I’ve never had a single issue with hundreds of trading card transactions.

With that being said I probably wouldn’t be super comfortable dropping thousands on the platform unless it was a particularly reputable seller and I could see they’d done deals of that magnitude before.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 01:04 AM   #22981
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Oh, just trying to offload trading cards and other nonsense from time to time and like 4 out of 5 buyers pay promptly but then 1/5 will just disappear. Gotta wait 4 days to cancel. Like they bid an item up in the last 5 minutes and don't pay. wtaf. It also doesn't matter if you put no returns, they can just lie and return an item cause they feel like they overpaid on launch day, FOMA. So like I guess it's not "everybody" but still like why even waste my time.

Last edited by stevew : 04-15-2022 at 01:05 AM.
Old 04-15-2022, 05:41 AM   #22982
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Shoes are often snug around my toes so I often do this regardless of shoe type.

FWIW Lone Peak Altras are known for their "wide box" around the toes (I've got wide feet). Trail runners and some swear by them for hiking but not enough protection for me on rocky trails.
Old 04-15-2022, 06:44 AM   #22983
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I used to get migraines in the high school years and would get that same telltale blurriness/squigglies that was a sure sign I was going to be in some pain in a half-hour. My migraines stopped relatively abruptly & altogether after either getting out of high school and/or my mom's house, thank God. I'm sorry you're dealing with them SI.

It's odd, I know a bunch of people who have this experience with the eye migraine leading to the headache migraine a short time later. For me, I get the eye migraine and it has no impact on me, other than making it impossible to see well for 20 to 30 minutes. I don't have any post experience fatigue and I never get the follow up headache. Strange how this symptom impacts so many people differently.

Last edited by Breeze : 04-15-2022 at 06:47 AM.
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 07:28 AM   #22984
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Well, we now have caselaw confirming that "no government interest is furthered by the baptism of a detainee by an on-duty law-enforcement officer."

Glad that got cleared up.

So I posted this the other day because I read about a ridiculous case where a police officer offered not to arrest a woman if she agreed to a baptism. She sued and the case got some publicity this past week.

Well... The woman was found dead in her home 2 days ago. They haven't revealed a cause of death.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-15-2022 at 07:29 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 08:38 AM   #22985
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I bought two energy drinks yesterday before finishing up the job I was on in Austin. I drank one. Found the other in the car as I was leaving. I didn't want to down it on the way to the airport, so I tossed it in my luggage. I've done that a dozen times in the past.

I'll be rethinking that in the future. It exploded at some point on the way...fortunately it just got all of the already dirty clothes wet.
Old 04-15-2022, 10:05 AM   #22986
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
So I posted this the other day because I read about a ridiculous case where a police officer offered not to arrest a woman if she agreed to a baptism. She sued and the case got some publicity this past week.

Well... The woman was found dead in her home 2 days ago. They haven't revealed a cause of death.

Woman who filed baptism complaint against HCSO deputy found dead in home | Local News | local3news.com

In what will come as absolutely no shock, the cop involved was indicted in 2019 on, checks notes, 44(!) charges including, and I quote:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/11/u...el-wilkey.html
A sheriff’s deputy in Tennessee was indicted on Tuesday on 44 criminal charges — 25 of them felonies — over actions alleged to have been taken in the course of his official duties, including rape, extortion, stalking and assault, according to the authorities.
Quote:
The charges against the deputy, Daniel Wilkey, include six counts of sexual battery; two counts of rape; and nine counts each of extortion, stalking and assault, according to court documents. Sheriff Jim Hammond of Hamilton County said in a statement on Tuesday that the indictments were connected “to incidents he was involved in while on duty in an official capacity.”

I should ask the "how the hell is he not in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison". But I'm sure the prosecutor dropped the charges or "couldn't find sufficient evidence" because, if you rely on the cops for your business you can't do anything, even to one of your bad apples.

Gee, I wonder what happened to the woman who accused the dirty cop, who has been charged with assault in /a lot/ of cases, of doing lewd things a couple of days after the lawsuit against him was allowed to go forward? I'm sure she just committed suicide with 7 bullets or tripped on someone's fist 17 times.

SI

Old 04-15-2022, 12:07 PM   #22987
PilotMan
Head Coach

BUT WAS SHE SAVED SI!?!?! WAS....SHE...SAVED?????

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2022, 12:38 PM   #22988
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I should ask the "how the hell is he not in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison". But I'm sure the prosecutor dropped the charges or "couldn't find sufficient evidence" because, if you rely on the cops for your business you can't do anything, even to one of your bad apples.

The prosecutor tried, but the Sheriff's Office fought them hard. They also "lost" all their dashcam footage of him.

Sheriff on DA: "We are at war" after accusation HCSO is slowing down Wilkey investigation | WTVC

We can do the math on this one.
Old 04-17-2022, 12:17 AM   #22989
RainMaker
General Manager

Just love it when the sewer backs up on a holiday. Plumbers are so affordable in emergencies!
Old 04-17-2022, 12:33 AM   #22990
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I pulled a softball sized chunk of evil out of my drain about a year ago and thankfully no backups since then.
Old 04-17-2022, 12:34 AM   #22991
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

If I were to grade the greatest achievements in mankind it would go:

1: Indoor Plumbing
2: Deoderant

I don't know how mankind lived before these two inventions.
Old 04-17-2022, 06:57 AM   #22992
GrantDawg

Quote:

And I have known some people that I wish knew about them.
Old 04-17-2022, 07:53 AM   #22993
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

Go to GenCon. By about day 3 of the convention, you'll see how mankind lived before these inventions.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2022, 04:18 PM   #22994
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

The Bravo Dooby-Doo crossover episode of Johnny Bravo and Scooby Doo is still brilliant

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-17-2022 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-17-2022, 08:52 PM   #22995
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

A friendly reminder to everyone:

Old 04-17-2022, 09:03 PM   #22996
Atocep
Coordinator

I think the biggest marketing success of the 21st century was rebranding convection ovens as Air Fryers.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 12:29 AM   #22997
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Go to GenCon. By about day 3 of the convention, you'll see how mankind lived before these inventions.

WELL PLAYED!
Old 04-19-2022, 11:54 AM   #22998
miami_fan
Coordinator

Evidently, someone pulled a gun out during a traffic dispute at Costco this morning. I can only assume it involved the two drivers that were in front of me when I was there. One guy flipped off another guy, sped away as if he was making a getaway but both the flipper and the flipee were going to the same place. One guy got out of his car and was arguing with another guy as I went inside and did my shopping. The cars were gone when I came out. The wife called me about a half hour ago to tell me not to go to Costco because she read about a guy pulling a gun on someone there on Facebook and everyone is clutching their digital pearls at the news.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 09:27 PM   #22999
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

The digital FB neighborhood pearl clutching is a sight to behold. I have to imagine that in Florida, it's similarly nutty as Texas with everything from "this is why I never go to X" to thinly veiled racism to ammosexuals flexing and everything in between.

SI

Old 04-19-2022, 09:52 PM   #23000
21C
College Prospect

I enjoy the Field of Schemes website for news about sports stadium building/renovation. Neil deMause has been researching and writing about team owner shenanigans for quite some time.
Field of Schemes – sports stadium news and analysis