Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-31-2022, 07:27 AM   #23201
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Holy crap, I also realized this is also true of the Indiana Jones movies. I've seen III and IV, but never I and II.

Kind of the same deal. I and II were just a bit before I was old enough to sit through movies and I never got around to them. I saw Last Crusade and Crystal Skull at the theater. And I have been to the Universal Studios Indiana Jones Stage Show if that counts.

This is all setting up for a movie catchup weekend or vacation. Rocky 1-3 day one, and Indiana Jones 1-2 day two.

Indiana Jones I is awesome. II doesn't stick in my mind as being special. Nor does it stick as a stinker.

Rocky I, II, and III are all better than IV. I is a classic.

Reading your posts makes me wonder if you also missed "The Godfather"?
I and II are both classics. III? Don't bother.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:06 PM   #23202
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Learned a couple of low carb food related things today. Bud Light Next is horrible. It is supposed to be beer, but it taste like super watered down hard cider.
Arnold Keto bread is excellent. Taste like real bread. 3 net carbs per slice.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

100% on Arnold's bread. My wife does Keto, I don't. Most Keto food substitues taste like crap IMO but this is the exception for me.

Just the idea of a Bud Light "Light" sounds awful.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2022, 12:34 PM   #23203
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Just the idea of a Bud Light "Light" sounds awful.
I just can't express how awful. I like Michelob Ultra at 3 carbs. It is drinkable. Michelob Ultra Gold is actually really good, in fact crave-able to me, at 2 carbs. So, I was sort of hoping to hit the jackpot of something decent at 0 carbs. But no. I did not.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 08:12 AM   #23204
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

It always surprises me when a company vastly under-estimates (or over-estimates) the popularity of an item. Like Taco Bell's Mexican pizza. I don't know why they pulled it in the first place, but it was the only thing I would eat when I (rarely) ate at TB. They just brought it back a couple weeks ago but pulled it again because demand was so great they ran out of ingredients. It will return in the fall. They claim demand was 7 times what they expected. How can these people be so clueless?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 08:14 AM   #23205
cuervo72
Head Coach

Yep, we went to order some last week and the app said they weren't available. WTF, man.
Old 06-01-2022, 08:04 PM   #23206
bhlloy
Coordinator

The stupidest ad on TV right now might be the Super Bowl Rocket ad that is still running that suggests a pre approval from them is going to get you a house over somebody who is offering cash or has a higher offer.

That and the Stafford “it’s a great trade” advert. I want to hurl my TV out of the window when I see it for the eighth time this period so I can’t imagine how Lions fans feel.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:17 PM   #23207
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It's hard to suggest something when they run out of the normal item, but a Doritos locos Mexican Pizza would be fkn phenomenal.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 09:19 PM   #23208
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
The stupidest ad on TV right now might be the Super Bowl Rocket ad that is still running that suggests a pre approval from them is going to get you a house over somebody who is offering cash or has a higher offer.

That and the Stafford “it’s a great trade” advert. I want to hurl my TV out of the window when I see it for the eighth time this period so I can’t imagine how Lions fans feel.

Lion's fans have long since given up on feelings.
Old 06-01-2022, 10:56 PM   #23209
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Shots fired.

Lions fans here are pumped up about a possible 8-9 win season.

The GM Holmes has killed it since arriving. Goff is in the Tua, Hurts, etc line where you $hit or get off the pot. The tools are here, work.
Old 06-02-2022, 06:11 AM   #23210
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Not sure where to post this question, screw it I'll try this thread.

For dynasty thread purposes, what's the preferred go-to for storing images to link in posts? Imgur?
Old 06-06-2022, 09:08 AM   #23211
Ksyrup

My kids love using the phrase "hot minute" but they seem to use it for any purpose - short period of time, long period of time, etc. It's gotten to where I don't know exactly what they are trying to say.

So, I got bored and googled it, and it turns out, I'm not the only one questioning this. Apparently it used to be synonymous with NY minute, meaning short/quick, but now it's being used more to describe a long period of time.

So it occurred to me this morning while doing a few exercises that "hot minute" should go back to meaning short/quick, and we should start using the phrase "plank minute" to describe an impossibly long period of time. Because there is no way a minute only lasts 60 seconds while you are planking.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 06-06-2022, 10:37 AM   #23212
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
Shots fired.

wrong thread
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 11:50 AM   #23213
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
My kids love using the phrase "hot minute" but they seem to use it for any purpose - short period of time, long period of time, etc. It's gotten to where I don't know exactly what they are trying to say.

So, I got bored and googled it, and it turns out, I'm not the only one questioning this. Apparently it used to be synonymous with NY minute, meaning short/quick, but now it's being used more to describe a long period of time.

So it occurred to me this morning while doing a few exercises that "hot minute" should go back to meaning short/quick, and we should start using the phrase "plank minute" to describe an impossibly long period of time. Because there is no way a minute only lasts 60 seconds while you are planking.

I think it's also used to indicate that something wasn't a big deal, or important.

I just saw it in a trial transcript where a witness said he dated someone for a "hot minute", and the attorney asked him how long that was, and he said 2 years or something. I got from the context that he meant that the relationship was not important to him. Sick burn.

Last edited by molson : 06-06-2022 at 11:51 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 07:05 PM   #23214
tarcone
Coordinator

I reffed 20 BB games this weekend. A couple of the guys I ref with bring a hand held massager. Always thought of getting one. And Sunday I ordered a gun massager. It came today. OMG, life changing. Pain worked out. Muscles relaxed. Best $100 Ive spent in a while.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 02:00 PM   #23215
stevew
Hall Of Famer

What is “appropriate dress” for an outdoors commencement at 70degrees plus? I’m assuming something like chinos and a button up. Something to that effect.
Old 06-07-2022, 02:13 PM   #23216
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
I reffed 20 BB games this weekend. A couple of the guys I ref with bring a hand held massager. Always thought of getting one. And Sunday I ordered a gun massager. It came today. OMG, life changing. Pain worked out. Muscles relaxed. Best $100 Ive spent in a while.

Surprised your wife didn't let you borrow hers first to see if you liked it before you spent $100 on it.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2022, 02:42 PM   #23217
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
Surprised your wife didn't let you borrow hers first to see if you liked it before you spent $100 on it.

Burn

Old 06-07-2022, 02:50 PM   #23218
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post

RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 04:32 PM   #23219
molson
General Manager

The quality of birthday promotional emails has really improved the last few years. I'm still about a week out from my birthday and am already overwhelmed by the generosity of those who really care - corporations that have my email address and birth date for some reason. $20 off at Tupelo Honey? I'm down!

Last edited by molson : 06-08-2022 at 04:33 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 09:47 PM   #23220
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 06-09-2022, 12:05 AM   #23221
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This Goat has somewhere he needs to Be : nextfuckinglevel
Old 06-09-2022, 03:17 AM   #23222
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I actually enjoy the WCWS. Obviously not this 15-1 game though. The rules for this designated player make my head hurt.
Old 06-09-2022, 04:54 AM   #23223
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Overheard last night in the grocery store

"You got the wrong ham. You got uncured, you don't even like that. You like that Black Frosted ham."

No, my post does not include a typo. What I typed is what was said.
Old 06-09-2022, 05:21 AM   #23224
Edward64
Head Coach

Good old Athens.

FWIW I'll take uncured over Black Forest ham anyday.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 06:25 AM   #23225
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Good old Athens.
FWIW I'll take uncured over Black Forest ham anyday.

There's like a half a bazillion different types of (lunch meat type) ham at Publix (where this occurred) but I recently got their "Virginia". One of the best sandwich meat hams I've had in a good long while.

And yeah, black forest is pretty much never my first choice.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:26 AM   #23226
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I actually enjoy the WCWS. Obviously not this 15-1 game though. The rules for this designated player make my head hurt.

I'm definitely the biggest softball fan on this board and I didn't watch past the first inning. OU is so good it hurts the integrity of the game. They've won 2/3s of their games by run rule this year and then the champ series doesn't have the run rule, so they get to score as many runs as possible. It sucks.

I love SB's rules though. I know baseball purists hate it, but there's 10 times the strategy in SB with DP/flex and re-entry rules, and all the different ways to construct a lineup between power and bunt/slap/speed. It's 100 times better game to watch - shorter, faster games and way more action. My kids laugh when they watch MLB ground balls and watch the dude pat his glove 3 times before throwing a runner out by 5 feet. My younger kid barely put the ball into the grass and just broke her HS single-season batting record because of her speed and ability to place bunts/slaps where it was nearly impossible to throw her out.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-09-2022 at 07:27 AM.
Old 06-09-2022, 09:13 AM   #23227
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They've won 2/3s of their games by run rule this year

What was the thing I saw somewhere earlier this week? Something about how their younger SP is still inexperienced due to the fact they played something like 60 innings less than most teams? (cause of the mercy rules)

Quote:
I know baseball purists hate it

That's fair, though I will say that it seems like it's more unwatchable now than it was maybe 10 years ago (not sure what's changed to make it so)
Old 06-09-2022, 10:11 AM   #23228
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
There's like a half a bazillion different types of (lunch meat type) ham at Publix (where this occurred) but I recently got their "Virginia". One of the best sandwich meat hams I've had in a good long while.

And yeah, black forest is pretty much never my first choice.

The polish style(Krakus is one brand) is usually my fave. Black Forest is like trash meat

Last edited by stevew : 06-09-2022 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-09-2022, 12:16 PM   #23229
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Be extra careful on that you pronounce the word "caulk" correctly in conversation.
Old 06-09-2022, 02:09 PM   #23230
GrantDawg

Quote:
I'm definitely the biggest softball fan on this board and I didn't watch past the first inning. OU is so good it hurts the integrity of the game. They've won 2/3s of their games by run rule this year and then the champ series doesn't have the run rule, so they get to score as many runs as possible. It sucks.

I love SB's rules though. I know baseball purists hate it, but there's 10 times the strategy in SB with DP/flex and re-entry rules, and all the different ways to construct a lineup between power and bunt/slap/speed. It's 100 times better game to watch - shorter, faster games and way more action. My kids laugh when they watch MLB ground balls and watch the dude pat his glove 3 times before throwing a runner out by 5 feet. My younger kid barely put the ball into the grass and just broke her HS single-season batting record because of her speed and ability to place bunts/slaps where it was nearly impossible to throw her out.
I have watched some college softball, and it really is enjoyable. I used to watch more before streaming basically killed me watching almost anything live.
Old 06-09-2022, 03:57 PM   #23231
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

Love me some softball as well...for the reasons you mentioned above. We had the SEC tourney in COMO a few years back and I watched all but the final game...if my son hadn't come down with strep we'd have been there for that as well.
Old 06-09-2022, 04:04 PM   #23232
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The polish style(Krakus is one brand) is usually my fave. Black Forest is like trash meat

Never seen that (neither the style nor the brand) in my whole life. Hell, I don't believe I've ever even heard of it.

I'll make a mental note to now watch for it.
Old 06-09-2022, 04:14 PM   #23233
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Given the option to watch some pro softball league or the WNBA I'm probably taking the softball, but honestly not watching either.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:29 PM   #23234
Ksyrup

Pro softball sucks. College is the pinnacle. Of course I say that as someone who doesn't give a flip about international play/Olympics. Technically that's the best players in the world. Japan has pro softball leagues where the best Americans have played for years. But college is the only softball that holds any interest for me. There's just something about pro ball that is sterile and just not as exciting. And in America, the issue is lack of continuity in leagues. Teams fold/reform all the time, leagues come and go, etc.

The other thing for me is, of course, having a kid who played in college. She's got a tie to several of the pitchers at the world series this year. The Trautwein girl for OU transferred from North Texas. She's the same age as Caitlin. First weekend of Caitlin's career in February 2018 at a tourney in Monroe LA, she beat Central Arkansas 3-1 in her first start and lost to North Texas 5-3 in her second start. The pitcher for UNT? Trautwein. It was her college debut.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-09-2022 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-09-2022, 08:46 PM   #23235
21C
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
Be extra careful on that you pronounce the word "caulk" correctly in conversation.
Reminds me of the "cork soaking" sketch on SNL.
Old 06-10-2022, 12:41 AM   #23236
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 06-10-2022, 12:53 AM   #23237
21C
College Prospect

My car got hit by a motorbike on my way home.

I was sitting at a set of traffic lights when he came roaring in between lanes and then clipped the back of my car. This caused him to hit another car on my left before veering off to the other side of the road into oncoming traffic. He looked disoriented before speeding off - most likely because he was guilty of dangerous driving.. It turns out that I got off lightly as I managed to fix my slightly bent fender but the car next to me got a large dent in its front.

I'm OK but, I admit, my nerves are jangling.
Old 06-10-2022, 05:48 AM   #23238
Edward64
Head Coach

I'm surprised he was able to stay on his bike.

Glad you are okay.
Old 06-10-2022, 06:26 AM   #23239
GrantDawg

Once when I was 17, me and a group of friends were riding down the interstate on our way to Stone Mountain to waste a summer day. We were going at least 70 in the middle lane when we were approaching the exchange to get off 20 to get on 285. The guy driving started to move into the right hand lane, and we hear a loud "THUMP" coming from the back right corner panel. I look back, and there was this motorcyclist we obviously just hit. This was a boat of a car, think it was 77 Granada, and the blind spots were huge. The guy on the motorcycle had gotten hit pretty hard, but he still up and his bike is swerving side to side madly as he was trying to keep it in control. It felt like forever, but it was probably only a few seconds. He finally got complete control of the bike, straighten it out, waved an "Ok" at us, and took off past us.
When we got out of the car there was a good sized dent where we hit him. I'm still amazed that he somehow didn't dump the bike, and then just waved and went on.
Old 06-10-2022, 08:39 AM   #23240
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Heading to the e airport. My wife is a go at the last minute type and I am not. Our flight boards in 40 minutes and we aren’t even there yet. I. Totally freaking inside.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 09:24 AM   #23241
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Heading to the e airport. My wife is a go at the last minute type and I am not. Our flight boards in 40 minutes and we aren’t even there yet. I. Totally freaking inside.

Good luck!

I've been there and just resigned myself to catching a later flight (and paying the change of ticket fees).
Old 06-10-2022, 01:28 PM   #23242
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:

My wife & I are totally the same. We once heard a story on the radio about a couple like us who solved the issue by going to the airport separately and to be honest we've considered it.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 01:40 PM   #23243
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

My wife is the best when it comes to flying. She grew up flying a ton with her dad so she's always early and, even better, when she's leaving or arriving on her own she just wants dropped off or picked up our front at arrivals or departures. It's not an event to go see her off or pick her up.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:20 PM   #23244
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Went to eat at Outback with the family tonight, and the service was amazing.

With all the reports of service going way down across the board with the tight labor market (some of which I've experienced), I thought it was notable and commendable. Good on the local Outback.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:30 PM   #23245
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Went to eat at Outback with the family tonight, and the service was amazing.

With all the reports of service going way down across the board with the tight labor market (some of which I've experienced), I thought it was notable and commendable. Good on the local Outback.

how's their steak and bloomin onion?
Old 06-10-2022, 07:33 PM   #23246
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
how's their steak and bloomin onion?

Didn't do the Bloomin Onion this time :-)

The steak, potato, and salad were all good--Outback quality. Not fancy steakhouse level, but really good for the price. And my kid got the Mac n Cheese as a side, and that was really good.

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 06-10-2022 at 07:33 PM.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 10:16 PM   #23247
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Didn't do the Bloomin Onion this time :-)

The steak, potato, and salad were all good--Outback quality. Not fancy steakhouse level, but really good for the price. And my kid got the Mac n Cheese as a side, and that was really good.

outback quality doesn't sound very good.
also hands off your kids' mac and cheese!
Old 06-10-2022, 10:34 PM   #23248
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I think I got sick from the last blooming onion I had. Probably done with them forever.
Old 06-11-2022, 07:05 AM   #23249
Edward64
Head Coach

Man, haven't been into a steakhouse since Covid. But I do have a grill and feel my steaks turn out just as good as Ruth Chris et al.

I mentioned meeting a friend overseas in another thread. She said her favorite American restaurant was Cracker Barrel. She also said she and her son like that steakhouse that let you eat peanuts and toss the shells on the floor. She didn't remember the name but think it is Logan's Steakhouse?
Old 06-11-2022, 07:45 AM   #23250
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I think I got sick from the last blooming onion I had. Probably done with them forever.

I can’t even imagine the amount of grease and oil in one of those.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote