Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2006, 05:36 PM   #2301
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Hahah Barkeep said this would be a boring day, and this might be the best day yet.... I think I am so unsure of what to do here.

Ok lets say for a second that Lathum did mess with Dubb's scan.. and is the head necro and did summon the mummy..

Which would be more dangerous to leave alive for the night? The mummy or the head necro?

Hypothetically, of course? The mummy is more dangerous.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:36 PM   #2302
Tyrith
College Starter

I have an idea about this entire scenario, but I'm not gonna talk about it today. I think Lathum sometime unless he provides an explanation as to why his role is allowed to break the rules. That is all I have to say about it.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:36 PM   #2303
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I just reread my post. Sorry about the typo AlanT, that was rather... unfortunate.

-Anxiety

unfortunate, but really rather funny
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:36 PM   #2304
Fouts
College Starter

At least my summoning has brought out more information for the egyptians. There appears to be some people working together.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #2305
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i think you should hang the idiot who said 10 pages ago that this would be a slow day
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #2306
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Nothing like driving home to find the apple cart upturned. I have much contemplating to do.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:37 PM   #2307
saldana
Pro Starter

[ooc]yet again WW is totally keeping me from getting anything done while at work. do i seem sad?[/ooc]
Old 06-23-2006, 05:38 PM   #2308
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
i think you should hang the idiot who said 10 pages ago that this would be a slow day
lol,

I;m telling you ALanT is the way to go. Maybe once you see fouts is the avatar you will believe me.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:39 PM   #2309
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
At least my summoning has brought together the egyptians. There appears to be some people working together to kill the necro's and the mummy.

fixed it for ya
Old 06-23-2006, 05:39 PM   #2310
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge
HEY! You're dead!
Old 06-23-2006, 05:39 PM   #2311
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #2305:

Fouts - Qwikshot (1887), SnDvls (1893), Chubby (1928), Schmidty (1937), Kingfc (1956), Dubb (2213)

Alan T - Lathum (1912), Fouts (2247)

Dubb - Vince (2244)

Lathum - Saldana (2267), Tyrith (2297)

Not voted - Barkeep, Path, Anxiety, Alan T, Tanglewood

A couple of other thoughts:
1.) Tanglewood is going to have heart failure when he sees the amount of posts to read
2.) I was pretty sure it was not going to be a slow day

I'm out until after the deadline, will post results sometime after midnight (CST). Good luck.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:40 PM   #2312
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
fixed it for ya

Editing someone's quote shouldn't be allowed.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:40 PM   #2313
Tyrith
College Starter

I think Fouts is pretty damn sure bad. The way he's picking people to suspect seems pretty damn random, like it was designed to make us paranoid, especially because he has nothing to lose. It seems way too over the top for someone theoretically trying to "help".
Old 06-23-2006, 05:40 PM   #2314
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
lol,

I;m telling you ALanT is the way to go. Maybe once you see fouts is the avatar you will believe me.

you say this with certainty, but there is no way for you to be certain.

if blade made at least one scan, it had to be bullet, or else how did he nail him yesterday, that means he couldnt have scanned alan?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:41 PM   #2315
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Another connection between Alan T and saldana. Are you guys talking to each other?

They very well just might be......Nice catch, even if you are stinky and wrapped in bandages.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:42 PM   #2316
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Did we get an answer as to why Lathum would wait until after the scan to reveal this? Don't you think you could have, I don't know, said this before hand. Would have helped the good guys immensely there buddy.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:43 PM   #2317
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
if blade made at least one scan, it had to be bullet, or else how did he nail him yesterday, that means he couldnt have scanned alan?

Exactly.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:43 PM   #2318
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay BK, I jut did some math.

Assume 7 Necs:

Of the good guy roles, I suspect that Hoops would keep out at least one just to keep it mysterious. I submit that role is the High Priest, cause I've seen no sign of any consecration of the dead occuring.

Assume that we, as Egyptians, have, maybe 3 of the neutral roles.

We now have 13 Egyptians accounted for with roles. 7 Necs. That's 20 of the 23. That's without any double roles on the E side.

Note my math is wrong because I went ot the front page and saw 23 players, but that included Fouts. Instead its 20 of 22 players have a role either as a Nec or as an E. Toss in the Prophecy, which is likely neutral, and you have 21 of 22. That's just one generic spot for an Egyptian if there are no dupes.

Old 06-23-2006, 05:43 PM   #2319
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
I think Fouts is pretty damn sure bad. The way he's picking people to suspect seems pretty damn random, like it was designed to make us paranoid, especially because he has nothing to lose. It seems way too over the top for someone theoretically trying to "help".

Hey, I only got 3 days. I gotta stir this place up.

That said, I don't know everything about Lathum's role, but I know I am an Avatar and he summoned me. He says he has proof of Alan T's guilt. So anyone wanting to lynch him or protect Alan, has me suspicious of them.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:44 PM   #2320
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, I'm out for a bit. I don't know how much more obvious I can be that I am certain about AlanT. I've put my neck on the line today when I didn't have to so anyone who is voting for me is a suspect in my book. Whoever is lynched tonight it is going to shed some serious light on the game and show a pretty obvious divide.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:44 PM   #2321
Tyrith
College Starter

I really, really doubt that blade scanned bullet on night one. It just doesn't seem like a blade play, with all his ranting with lathum. I also don't think we would have given up his vision powers for three nights so early in the game when we needed people to trust; his raililngs against it might have been a double fake but it just seems wrong. NONE of the lathum/fouts shit makes ANY sense at all -- the role that isn't listed, why blade would have gone bullet/avatar/avatar, how blade died yesterday, why no one is TALKING about that first problem if no other reason than to tell me why i'm wrong.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:45 PM   #2322
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

This whole theory was dependant on my scanning someone. Lathum hoped I would scan Alan...or even some other innocent and it would come back that they were a nec....instead when it became obvious I was scanning him him ran with it knowing he was in the clear. I feel dirty.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:45 PM   #2323
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Note my math is wrong because I went ot the front page and saw 23 players, but that included Fouts. Instead its 20 of 22 players have a role either as a Nec or as an E. Toss in the Prophecy, which is likely neutral, and you have 21 of 22. That's just one generic spot for an Egyptian if there are no dupes.

forgot to comment on the lists too....

there has to be an Enchanter, or else where did barkeep's scarab come from
Old 06-23-2006, 05:46 PM   #2324
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

A Scavenger has the ability to look like a generic villager to scans, summon avatars, know proof of my existance without doubt.

THat is the current claim. Should we buy it?
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 05:47 PM   #2325
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
This whole theory was dependant on my scanning someone. Lathum hoped I would scan Alan...or even some other innocent and it would come back that they were a nec....instead when it became obvious I was scanning him him ran with it knowing he was in the clear. I feel dirty.

You are doubting your own scan? C'mon man, you are digging to deep.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:47 PM   #2326
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Okay, here's a likely dumb, question, for Fouts and/or Lathum.

Suppose you are right, and Fouts is the Avatar.

Where's the mummy?

If you are the head nec, and two of your flock have already bit it, wouldn;t you want protection? Wouldn't you want to use just ONE night action to summon teh biggest, baddest, nastiest mummy you could? Even if it gets lynched the following day, that buys your team another set of night actions, for free. Summoning the mummy is like taking an extra turn for your whole team. Why WOULDN'T the head nec have done it last night?

I see no reason why the head nec would not have brought in the mummy now, when he has a chance and when his team needs time to regroup.

Since we only have one extra person today I don;t think you need to be a rocket scientist to connet the dots.

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 05:47 PM   #2327
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Fouts: The scan is bogus no matter what at this point. The question is how is this so?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:48 PM   #2328
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Here is a different thought... to throw out there..

What.. .if... Lathum isn't bad...

But instead he is the prophecy. I mean it looked like the prophecy struck down Blade right after Blade did a very nice job of pissing Lathum off for maybe the first time I have ever seen. And we have no idea what the Prophecy is capable of doing (ie: summoning somone?) And the prophecy would be hidden from scans...

is that too much of a stretch?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:49 PM   #2329
Tyrith
College Starter

Here is something I just thought of, take it however.

Lathum says he got scanned night one. No one else has reported a scan all game long. This could reconcile with blade spending two days to summon the avatar.

Blade pretty much gave us bullet on a platter yesterday, hinting as strongly as he could without having to blow his role. This cannot reconcile at all with lathum's story.

Either blade never scanned bullet or lathum was trying to pull a fast one on us day two, trying to get in good with us. And it worked for a little while.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:49 PM   #2330
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
forgot to comment on the lists too....

there has to be an Enchanter, or else where did barkeep's scarab come from

If we believe path when he claimed to have begun with one, then why wouldn't other role also begin with one?

Although I agree, I think there has to be an enchanter somewhere.

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 05:49 PM   #2331
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I really, really doubt that blade scanned bullet on night one. It just doesn't seem like a blade play, with all his ranting with lathum. I also don't think we would have given up his vision powers for three nights so early in the game when we needed people to trust; his raililngs against it might have been a double fake but it just seems wrong. NONE of the lathum/fouts shit makes ANY sense at all -- the role that isn't listed, why blade would have gone bullet/avatar/avatar, how blade died yesterday, why no one is TALKING about that first problem if no other reason than to tell me why i'm wrong.

i cant be too sure about this, as it is pretty much a semantic based idea, but the rules say the mystic had to forgo seeing for 3 days...not 3 consecutive days if the days didnt have to be consecutive, blade could have gone {avatar/avatar/bullet} or {avatar/bullet/avatar}....maybe lathum could check Blade's notes and let us know?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:50 PM   #2332
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Here is a different thought... to throw out there..

What.. .if... Lathum isn't bad...

But instead he is the prophecy. I mean it looked like the prophecy struck down Blade right after Blade did a very nice job of pissing Lathum off for maybe the first time I have ever seen. And we have no idea what the Prophecy is capable of doing (ie: summoning somone?) And the prophecy would be hidden from scans...

is that too much of a stretch?

This is what I didn't want to say because it gives lathum an out to explain everything today and the blade kill yesterday. I wanted someone to at least TALK about his role issue first.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:50 PM   #2333
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Here is something I just thought of, take it however.

Lathum says he got scanned night one. No one else has reported a scan all game long. This could reconcile with blade spending two days to summon the avatar.

Blade pretty much gave us bullet on a platter yesterday, hinting as strongly as he could without having to blow his role. This cannot reconcile at all with lathum's story.

Either blade never scanned bullet or lathum was trying to pull a fast one on us day two, trying to get in good with us. And it worked for a little while.

Additionally, if Blade got bullet with a scan, wouldn;t he have pushed the folloiwng day? If he skipped two days to scan, when did he scan Bullet?

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 05:50 PM   #2334
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
i cant be too sure about this, as it is pretty much a semantic based idea, but the rules say the mystic had to forgo seeing for 3 days...not 3 consecutive days if the days didnt have to be consecutive, blade could have gone {avatar/avatar/bullet} or {avatar/bullet/avatar}....maybe lathum could check Blade's notes and let us know?
no can do, summoning fouts was a one time thing.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:51 PM   #2335
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Fouts: The scan is bogus no matter what at this point. The question is how is this so?

Depends on what part of the statement he is scanning. Is it the whole post? I don't know the in's and out's of his role.

I DO know that if I'm the soothsayer, I believe in my abilities and do not waver.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:51 PM   #2336
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is what I didn't want to say because it gives lathum an out to explain everything today and the blade kill yesterday. I wanted someone to at least TALK about his role issue first.

Well I am not sure if its necessarily an out. We have no idea if the prophecy is good or not, and considering he killed our seer and has flat out lied to us most of today, I'm leaning towards the not.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:51 PM   #2337
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

I can definately buy this but it still makes lathum's story pretty damn bogus for the entire game; his role is bad and this would disqualify him being scanned night one.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #2338
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
If we believe path when he claimed to have begun with one, then why wouldn't other role also begin with one?

Although I agree, I think there has to be an enchanter somewhere.

-Anxiety

i actually accounted for those two in an earlier post.

1. path had a blessed scarab at the start of the game, used it night 2, unknown if it protected his room or not.

2. the head necro had a cursed scarab at the start of the game, used it night 4, and it clouded Dubb's view of him today

3. the enchanter made a scarab and gave it to barkeep on night 3., we dont know where it is now.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #2339
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Convienant.

Old 06-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #2340
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

1. path had a blessed scarab at the start of the game, used it night 2, unknown if it protected his room or not.

2. the head necro had a cursed scarab at the start of the game, used it night 4, and it clouded Dubb's view of him today

3. the enchanter made a scarab and gave it to barkeep on night 3., we dont know where it is now.

And I buy that.

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 05:54 PM   #2341
Tyrith
College Starter

I think lathum has to die for information sake now. If he turns out good then we keep fouts, we can ponder dubb, and we can look elsewhere. If he's bad then we slaughter fouts, we can ponder about dubb differently, and we have probably taken out a lot of their offense one way or another. This is one of these situations that even if lathum is good we don't really lose.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:54 PM   #2342
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
convenient...did the notebook evaporate upon the casting of the spell or something?
Old 06-23-2006, 05:54 PM   #2343
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote Lathum

You stink. Either of prophecy or of Head Neccing.

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 05:55 PM   #2344
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

This seems pretty plausible to me.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:57 PM   #2345
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Saldana presents a good case here. So I'll buy it.

Vote Lathum
Old 06-23-2006, 05:58 PM   #2346
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I think lathum has to die for information sake now. If he turns out good then we keep fouts, we can ponder dubb, and we can look elsewhere. If he's bad then we slaughter fouts, we can ponder about dubb differently, and we have probably taken out a lot of their offense one way or another. This is one of these situations that even if lathum is good we don't really lose.

This is crazy. Avatar only lasts for 3 days. IF Lathum has more abilities, he is not going to come out and say "yeah, I can do other stuff, necros come and kill me".

If Lathum is bad and summoned a mummy, why let the mummy live and kill somebody else?

Alan T, saldana, tyrith so far. Anxiety is creeping onto the list of suspected necros.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:00 PM   #2347
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is crazy. Avatar only lasts for 3 days. IF Lathum has more abilities, he is not going to come out and say "yeah, I can do other stuff, necros come and kill me".

If Lathum is bad and summoned a mummy, why let the mummy live and kill somebody else?

Alan T, saldana, tyrith so far. Anxiety is creeping onto the list of suspected necros.

So far your list of necros then is:

Quick, Barkeep, Sndvls, Alan T, Saldana, Tyrith .. anyone else?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:00 PM   #2348
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Dead: [7]

2. Passacaglia - Ruling Class, killed Night 4
6. Cronin - Explorer, lynched Day 2
12. Coffee Warlord - Ruling Class Fanatic, killed himself Night 4
13. bulletsponge - Necromancer, lynched Day 4
16. Bek - Necromancer Initiate, lynched Day 3
17. Blade6119 - Mystic, Day kill Day 4
18. Swaggs - Ruling Class, lynched Day 1

Alive: [15]

1. Barkeep49
3. Schmidty
4. path12
5. Anxiety
7. Dubb
8. AlanT
9. Saldana
10. SnDvls
11. Lathum
14. Qwikshot
15. Tyrith
19. Vince
20. Chubby
21. Tanglewood
22. Kingfc22

Undead: [1]

Fouts=Mummy or Avatar, Mummy is more likely

Unclaimed Roles:

- Elite Guard: standard bodyguard role. Do not learn the identity of the attacker, but will successfully block an attack except by Mummy or a Disease. Can not guard same person on consecutive nights without explicit order from the Pharaoh.

- Enchanter: can craft a Scarab of Protection once every four nights (Available on 3rd day, can be used once every 4 days, uses cannot be 'stockpiled).
Cannot use their own scarab initially, but can use it in the event it is passed back to them.

- High Priest: has the ability to consecrate the dead, prevented them from being reanimated, once every three days (note - cannot be used until at least Night 3, usage cannot be 'stockpiled').

- 'Favored by the Gods': will avert death (at least) one time during the game. No dice roll is invoked, no opportunity to identify his attacker. He will not even know he was attacked. The necromancers will know that he is 'Favored'. This power is useless against the Mummy or a Disease spell.

- Healthy: will not be affected by Disease spell.

- Magically attuned: has 10% chance of detecting mystic/enchanter/necromancer/high priest/soothsayer when they invoke the following actions: craft scarab, consecrate dead, animate mummy, summon avatar, 'lie detector'.

- The Prophecy: the coming of this one has been foretold. But will he bring victory to the forces of life or death? Note - only hidden role in the game. Cannot be detected by seer, does not show up as a necromancer if 'sought'.

- Brothers: these two players may PM each other freely throughout the game. The loss of one will have consequences on the other.

-Head Necromancer

-Dreamweaver

That makes for 11 unlcaimed roles....now lets start to place these roles and I know this may help the necs some, but I feel it is important....

1. Barkeep49--scanned by blade?
3. Schmidty
4. path12--pharoah, public knowledge
5. Anxiety--Magically attuned?, just a feeling
7. Dubb--soothsayer, claimed and played role
8. AlanT--brother?
9. Saldana--brother?
10. SnDvls--generic, confirmed by me
11. Lathum--trying to pull something
14. Qwikshot--unknown, but never wavered in support of seer

15. Tyrith
19. Vince--generic?
20. Chubby
21. Tanglewood
22. Kingfc22

Well, that is my best guess at this point, anyone want to make corrections?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:01 PM   #2349
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
So far your list of necros then is:

Quick, Barkeep, Sndvls, Alan T, Saldana, Tyrith .. anyone else?

Not yet. Let me look over dubb's list.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:03 PM   #2350
Barkeep49
Coordinator

As of 2349

Quote:
Fouts - Qwikshot (1887), SnDvls (1893), Chubby (1928), Schmidty (1937), Kingfc (1956), Dubb (2213)

Alan T - Lathum (1912), Fouts (2247)

Dubb - Vince (2244)

Lathum - Saldana (2267), Tyrith (2297), Anxiety(2343), Barkeep (2345)

Not voted - Path, , Alan T, Tanglewood