Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-13-2006, 05:30 PM   #2301
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
that's what i was saying. it shines the light back on him. i'm down with putting him up for a vote tomorrow, although i don't know why sublime or mr. weds aren't drawing anymore attention?

I've been trying to push a sublime vs ntndeacon vote for 3 days now.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:33 PM   #2302
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

so shall we "plan" that for tomorrow alan, pending the outcome of today+tonight?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 05:40 PM   #2303
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
so shall we "plan" that for tomorrow alan, pending the outcome of today+tonight?

I already said I will plan to vote for ntndeacon tommorrow unless you all try to kill me again tonight and actually manage to bring something a little heavier than a tree branch, or someone comes up with something convincing enough to make me vote for someone else.

I would be interested however in seeing what a seer shows about sublime.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:45 PM   #2304
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I would be interested however in seeing what a seer shows about sublime.

or ntndeacon too really, right? one or the other would serve equally well hmm?
Old 11-13-2006, 05:48 PM   #2305
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
or ntndeacon too really, right? one or the other would serve equally well hmm?

sure, I am somewhat suprised he hasn't been scanned yet, but maybe thats just because he's been my top suspect for 4 days now.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:54 PM   #2306
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

OK, I'm out of here until after the lynch. I hate to see Brian go this way (even though I have been suspicious of him), but it's good to know that either way we find at least one wolf tonight.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:13 PM   #2307
Tyrith
College Starter

I'm okay with Alan's tentative plan. Given the choice between the two I'd probably vote for Sublime just to make interesting...I wouldn't have any qualms killing the newbie at this point
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:16 PM   #2308
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I'm okay with Alan's tentative plan. Given the choice between the two I'd probably vote for Sublime just to make interesting...I wouldn't have any qualms killing the newbie at this point

Maybe we should look at voting for you tommorrow instead
Old 11-13-2006, 06:19 PM   #2309
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

dola,

I actually wouldn't mind a seer scan of tyrith tonight more than anyone. I think Tyrith has the cunning mind able to lead a bad guy team fairly competently.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:26 PM   #2310
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
dola,

I actually wouldn't mind a seer scan of tyrith tonight more than anyone. I think Tyrith has the cunning mind able to lead a bad guy team fairly competently.

He's still on my list to scan, but I would rather not reveal who I'm scanning after the Dodgerchick disaster.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:27 PM   #2311
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
He's still on my list to scan, but I would rather not reveal who I'm scanning after the Dodgerchick disaster.

Fair enough, I'm not going to tell people who to scan. I sure hope its not another dead person though, that would be unfortunatly inconvenient
Old 11-13-2006, 06:34 PM   #2312
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
dola,

Thanks for the compliment. I'd say go ahead and scan away, except that I think that the scan would be better used elsewhere....I have new information to reveal, but I think it would be bad for us if I did so at this time. Which puts me at an impasse, because really all I can say is, trust me, and you have no reason to do so. The best offer I can make to you is this: I'll tell you everything tomorrow, and if I don't, lynch me. But seers should do what they think is right, so I'm not going to blame you if you don't take me at my word, all things considered.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:38 PM   #2313
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks for the compliment. I'd say go ahead and scan away, except that I think that the scan would be better used elsewhere....I have new information to reveal, but I think it would be bad for us if I did so at this time. Which puts me at an impasse, because really all I can say is, trust me, and you have no reason to do so. The best offer I can make to you is this: I'll tell you everything tomorrow, and if I don't, lynch me. But seers should do what they think is right, so I'm not going to blame you if you don't take me at my word, all things considered.

what's the difference between today and tomorrow?
Old 11-13-2006, 06:39 PM   #2314
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

This is raising my suspicion of you.

There is no good reason for you to sit on information and risk us all losing it if you get night killed tonight. Unless you have no reason to fear being killed tonight?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 06:41 PM   #2315
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
This is raising my suspicion of you.

There is no good reason for you to sit on information and risk us all losing it if you get night killed tonight. Unless you have no reason to fear being killed tonight?

and if he had no reason to fear being killed tonight then he could just as easily reveal tonight.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:41 PM   #2316
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't think I buy it. We have had almost everyone in the game at this point do a role reveal, but your role is so much more important than a seer I guess?

You're not going to get me off of BrianD today, and likely won't be my target tommorrow (Ntndeacon is my likely target tommorrow, unless a seer comes out and tells me you are bad tommorrow). However you're near the top of a very short list for me, and right now I'll have you #3 after BrianD and Ntndeacon.

Tommorrow you better hope a seer doesn't come out and say you are bad.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:47 PM   #2317
Swaggs
Coordinator

What a terrible, terrible play from Tyrith.

If you have such valuable information and don't intend to share it tonight, why even make a statement and let the dark side suspect you?

Regardless of what you say from this point on, you are at the top of my suspect list tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:50 PM   #2318
Tyrith
College Starter

Sigh. Screw it all. Well, suffice it to say I'm going to make myself the best night kill target available if they want to keep us toying with our seers again, but so be it.

I am loathe to have to call out another person by name, because this strongly hints at what they are, too, but...the person that can now vouch for me is Grammaticus. Apparently he had a night action where he was searching for his long lost cousin. Night 5 he came and talked to me. As I mentioned previously I had no idea what I really was, but it seems I'm taller, stronger, and generally cooler than the average Bree-person. Point of the story, I'm actually a Dunedain, and I can train to become a ranger, which will happen tonight assuming I don't get night killed. This probably also means Gramm is a ranger -- can you see why I didn't want to have to bring this up NOW? Because dependent on how the lynch goes and what side LSG is on -- remember, she could be a Sauron -- they might leave us two rangers tomorrow. In which case I probably just killed the person that can vouch for me. But it is what it is.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:50 PM   #2319
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If you have such valuable information and don't intend to share it tonight, why even make a statement and let the dark side suspect you?

Regardless of what you say from this point on, you are at the top of my suspect list tomorrow.

Thats my thoughts too. Its like begging to be night killed if he is good, or setting something up that he can't act on if bad. Like magically he's going to say the person who is night killed tonight can vouch for him or something, and it will be too late tomorrow.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:51 PM   #2320
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

If you are willing to make such brazen blanket statements maybe we should kill you day one next game for being so unwilling to the change for the sake of the village.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:53 PM   #2321
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Thats my thoughts too. Its like begging to be night killed if he is good, or setting something up that he can't act on if bad. Like magically he's going to say the person who is night killed tonight can vouch for him or something, and it will be too late tomorrow.

If you don't recall I already lived this once, and did not like it! But I figured that Gramm was an unlikely night kill target for tonight, and remember how we've been talking about endgame plays? What if they kill him tonight and we get overwhelmed before I make rangerhood -- because I find it likely now we only have two rangers, not three, because four rangers is a LOT.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:54 PM   #2322
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*sigh*

errmmm. that's bad. very bad.

maybe we should have not pressured tyrith so bad and he shouldn't have folded so easily...it's not like he was going to be lynched tonight.

you prolly could have said something less...direct though Ty
Old 11-13-2006, 06:55 PM   #2323
Tyrith
College Starter

So can you see why I was hesitant to rat out not one but potentially two rangers at the same time? But in order for you all to listen to anything I say EVER I was left little choice but to drop hints at it.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:55 PM   #2324
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If you don't recall I already lived this once, and did not like it! But I figured that Gramm was an unlikely night kill target for tonight, and remember how we've been talking about endgame plays? What if they kill him tonight and we get overwhelmed before I make rangerhood -- because I find it likely now we only have two rangers, not three, because four rangers is a LOT.

If you were telling the truth, then why would you come out with this play and risk your future team mate? I would have assumed Gramm would have given a hint or something to back you if this was the case.

Call me doubtful until proven otherwise.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #2325
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
*sigh*

errmmm. that's bad. very bad.

maybe we should have not pressured tyrith so bad and he shouldn't have folded so easily...it's not like he was going to be lynched tonight.

you prolly could have said something less...direct though Ty

Really? Like what, vaguely referring to someone that can back me up? And have the situation where when I actually bring up who it is it's too late? You all have had it in your heads this entire game that I'm bad when I'm just a little loony. This is what happens when things get miscommunicated.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:57 PM   #2326
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So can you see why I was hesitant to rat out not one but potentially two rangers at the same time? But in order for you all to listen to anything I say EVER I was left little choice but to drop hints at it.

Its pretty funny that you felt so pressured to do so when your neck wasn't even on the line. Like I said before, this feels like a big set up to me.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:58 PM   #2327
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
If you were telling the truth, then why would you come out with this play and risk your future team mate? I would have assumed Gramm would have given a hint or something to back you if this was the case.

Call me doubtful until proven otherwise.

Alan, why don't you try _looking at the fricking posts_ before you say this. Know how many posts he's made today? 1! And it was about six words long. This happened _last night_. I had no clue I was going to get so lucky.
Old 11-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #2328
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Its pretty funny that you felt so pressured to do so when your neck wasn't even on the line. Like I said before, this feels like a big set up to me.

EXACTLY what i was thinking. you could have sat on the name of your fellow ranger and just ate your own potential death (assuming you were even going to be a night target), but you just threw Gram in front of the proverbial bus??
Old 11-13-2006, 06:59 PM   #2329
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

What I can't see is why you were so giddy about bringing it all to the forefront when there was really no need to even bring it up. You clearly were in no danger of being lynched today and probably had little chance of being night killed with all of the seers running around.

Say whatever you want about me, but I have to question why you would do this at this particular point in the game.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:00 PM   #2330
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

A set up to do _what_? Not get them to scan me? When the person that's backing me up is someone you all admittedly trust, and who will (hopefully) back me up on this? You bought Thomkal's lame reveal and you're going to ignore me? Screw this, I can't buy any credit from you all about anything.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #2331
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, why don't you try _looking at the fricking posts_ before you say this. Know how many posts he's made today? 1! And it was about six words long. This happened _last night_. I had no clue I was going to get so lucky.

Thats my point, I would have assumed he might have made more than 1 post after your hints earlier. Either way, I see this as a likely setup where tommorrow your story will be unverifiable. If a seer says tommorrow you are bad, you're my likely target tommorrow.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:01 PM   #2332
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
EXACTLY what i was thinking. you could have sat on the name of your fellow ranger and just ate your own potential death (assuming you were even going to be a night target), but you just threw Gram in front of the proverbial bus??

Worst case scenario is that he dies and I'm a ranger that takes his place. That is no different than them just killing me, except that people can't randomly die and a bad guy can't come play some screw game claiming he's my backer, get killed, and drag me down with him. There was no fricking way I could win in this game ever since you all decided to believe Thomkal, I swear.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:03 PM   #2333
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
A set up to do _what_? Not get them to scan me? When the person that's backing me up is someone you all admittedly trust, and who will (hopefully) back me up on this? You bought Thomkal's lame reveal and you're going to ignore me? Screw this, I can't buy any credit from you all about anything.

Sure, and if the person who you say can vouch for you happens to die tonight because you outed him, leaving your story unverifiable you expect us to blindly trust it? And if a seer comes out and says you are bad, we should ignore them and go with your unverifiable story?
Old 11-13-2006, 07:03 PM   #2334
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Thats my point, I would have assumed he might have made more than 1 post after your hints earlier. Either way, I see this as a likely setup where tommorrow your story will be unverifiable. If a seer says tommorrow you are bad, you're my likely target tommorrow.

Unverifiable? WTF!? Gramm usually talks a little, don't you think it's POSSIBLE he just wasn't HERE today? Not everyone has as much time to post as we do, Alan.

I just don't understand you all at all. You'll buy insanely lame stories from people that about to get lynched, but you won't buy a story from someone with no pressure except to talk about the story? What if Gramm backs me up, then you'll come up with some lame conspiracy theory and kill us both now? Seriously, come on.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #2335
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Unverifiable? WTF!? Gramm usually talks a little, don't you think it's POSSIBLE he just wasn't HERE today? Not everyone has as much time to post as we do, Alan.

I just don't understand you all at all. You'll buy insanely lame stories from people that about to get lynched, but you won't buy a story from someone with no pressure except to talk about the story? What if Gramm backs me up, then you'll come up with some lame conspiracy theory and kill us both now? Seriously, come on.

I guess time will tell then. I'm still going after ntndeacon tommorrow unless convinced otherwise.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #2336
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Sure, and if the person who you say can vouch for you happens to die tonight because you outed him, leaving your story unverifiable you expect us to blindly trust it? And if a seer comes out and says you are bad, we should ignore them and go with your unverifiable story?

I'm going to assume Gramm is going to get the chance to post again before 330 AM EST. If he does and he backs me up, because I've left him almost zero choice but to do so for better or worse, and then Thomkal says I'm bad, heck yes you should kill Thomkal but I'm not sure we've ever been able to trust a word he's said. Next game I'm going to reveal seer randomly if you're going to make it _this_ easy.
Old 11-13-2006, 07:06 PM   #2337
Tyrith
College Starter

And this is all because I didn't want you wasting a LSG scan....
Old 11-13-2006, 07:07 PM   #2338
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm going to assume Gramm is going to get the chance to post again before 330 AM EST. If he does and he backs me up, because I've left him almost zero choice but to do so for better or worse, and then Thomkal says I'm bad, heck yes you should kill Thomkal but I'm not sure we've ever been able to trust a word he's said. Next game I'm going to reveal seer randomly if you're going to make it _this_ easy.

sounds like fun!
Old 11-13-2006, 07:12 PM   #2339
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

awww man! bad news bears!
Old 11-13-2006, 07:55 PM   #2340
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

goin out for coffee. back ~ 9:35
Old 11-13-2006, 07:59 PM   #2341
Schmidty
Coordinator

Just got back to my desk for the first time in quite a while, and I'll only be here for a few more minutes before dinner. I'm hoping to get back before the lynch, but just in case:

Vote BrianD
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:06 PM   #2342
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

vote BrianD

I'm still not sure about this vote. LSG and Thomkal have both been fishy. I guess tonight's lynch will clear one of these two.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:13 PM   #2343
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

It looks like the die is cast for today. My concern is, if Brian turns out to not be who LSG claims he is, will we have lost control of the vote tomorrow?

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:16 PM   #2344
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Sublime, how have i been fishing again? I have told you everything i know...
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:17 PM   #2345
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Mr. Wednesday, you dont have to worry about that. in 45 minutes you will all be singing my praises
Old 11-13-2006, 08:17 PM   #2346
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, I'd guess not, upon further thought.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 08:25 PM   #2347
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Thomkal, no hints on who you are scanning tonight?
Old 11-13-2006, 08:33 PM   #2348
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

okay guys, ill be back in thirty
Old 11-13-2006, 08:34 PM   #2349
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Sublime, how have i been fishing again? I have told you everything i know...

I guess it hasn't been a matter of you being fishy, as it has been this whole BrianD accusation on you. But, like I said, we'll find out tonight.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 09:00 PM   #2350
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Another day has ended. Unlike previous days, today seems almost anti-climatic. One of your own has pointed a finger at someone. Eager to finally receive a reprieve from regularly killing your own, you latch onto the accusation. It’s quickly apparent that your decision is final, and the day creeps along endlessly, as you wait for the evening only out of a sense of formality.

As the assembly votes virtually as one, the final votes are cast. BrianD is to be lynched tonight. He stands up, with a look on confusion on his face. For a second, you glimpse various possibilities cross his face before he makes a decision.

With a bolt, BrianD leaps over the confining fence and begins to run full gallop away from you. The various town guards posted around the courtyard are taken by surprise and after a hesitation, begin to make after him.

BrianD is a farmer and worker of husbandry. He is no soldier. However, his profession has hardened him physically, and catching him is no easy task. Several town guard draw their weapons and approach your assembly, grim looks on their faces. They will not be allowing any more of you to leave.

Three or four minutes later you hear the sound of steel clashing against steel. It’s coming from a short distance down a couple of roads. The weaver’s shop is between you and the clang of battle. After it begins, shouts ring out. Then, just as abruptly, they end.

Within a few moments, the town guards carry back the corpse of BrianD. One of their number is limping from a slash on his hip. BrianD had managed to find a weapon somewhere, although you know he was unarmed at the assembly. You have no idea how he managed to produce a weapon.

His body is laid to rest, and the guard back off, allowing you to go about your tasks. You immediately take off after his farm and break down his door after being unable to pick the stubborn lock. A quick search of his farmhouse turns up several odd items that speak of black magic. Ultimately, you discover a parchment discussing the various basic plans that Saruman has for the region.

It’s obvious that both Saruman must have turned foul as well as BrianD. Isn’t Saruman that wizard who leaves near Rohan? What would he be interested in around Bree? Wasn’t he on the side of Light? Your questions are not answered this evening, but the possible fall of one of the icons of Light is a fall greater shadow than the one destroyed this evening.

Day Six has ended. Night Six has begun and will end at 3:30 AM EST Tuesday Morning.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote