Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-09-2020, 05:54 AM   #23651
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Oh and now Ivanka's personal secretary has it. This is going to tear through the White House. Wear masks and stay away from each other, you morons!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They might not even want to, just get it over with. Setting an example be damned (or the chance Immunity wears off in 6 months)

Pretty astoundig though that the President is either too ignorant to grasp how a viral infection works or is denying it.

Quote:
She was tested very recently and tested negative, and then today I guess for some reason she tested positive.

Language is important.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 05-09-2020 at 05:58 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 08:22 AM   #23652
QuikSand
lolzcat

Sixty percent of the townsfolk are all yelling "the fucking emperor literally has no clothes at all!" but the rest still won't believe it. It's appalling.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 08:23 AM   #23653
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
They might not even want to, just get it over with. Setting an example be damned (or the chance Immunity wears off in 6 months)

I mean they have free health care, access to testing kits, and 24 hour care. Why wouldn't you take the risk, then say it was no big deal and that everything should open up.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams

Last edited by Qwikshot : 05-09-2020 at 08:23 AM.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 08:39 AM   #23654
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The Lincoln Project spent 5000 dollars to run the Mourning in America ad once, in the D.C. market during Fox and Friends. Trump saw it, tweeted about it, and it has millions of views.
Old 05-09-2020, 08:56 AM   #23655
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
The Lincoln Project spent 5000 dollars to run the Mourning in America ad once, in the D.C. market during Fox and Friends. Trump saw it, tweeted about it, and it has millions of views.

This reminds me of the catheter cowboy thing. Sadly, John Oliver was really onto something.

Can John Oliver’s “Catheter Cowboy” Save Us All from Nuclear War? | Vanity Fair

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 08:57 AM   #23656
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

He really is his own worst enemy.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2020, 08:57 AM   #23657
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:

Money well spent I'd say then
Old 05-10-2020, 12:41 PM   #23658
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

One day after reopening, ice cream parlor closes to public after employees harassed by customers

A preview of what businesses are in for in the coming weeks.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 12:58 PM   #23659
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

The don't call em Massholes for nothing
Old 05-10-2020, 01:00 PM   #23660
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
The don't call em Massholes for nothing

they don'T? I mean they do?
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 03:45 PM   #23661
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post

Here's the money quote, though it's been going on a lot longer than 6 weeks

Quote:
“All of the sudden word spread like wildfire and nobody listened to what we told them how the protocol we had set up,” he said Saturday. “People have forgotten how to treat other human beings in the six or seven weeks that they’ve been confined to their homes. They have no clue how to respect other human beings.”

I don't think this is going to get better while everyone is losing jobs, either.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 06:13 PM   #23662
AlexB
Pro Starter

Being civil to one another should be a given, and certainly my queries do not justify personal abuse in any way, shape or form, but I think his reopening was flawed from the start.

Ice cream is an impulse purchase, not something you order an hour plus in advance. It’s not the same as a meal replacement like a burger or takeout, it’s a luxurious treat. Again, this doesn’t mean he or his employees deserved any customer abuse, but I think it was destined for failure from the start
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:14 AM   #23663
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 08:36 AM   #23664
PilotMan
Head Coach

Yeah, that's pretty much it in a nutshell.

The time was only to allow hospitals and centers to get ahead, be organized, work out the best treatment plans. Meanwhile, the state and local governments were scrambling to address and contain as rapidly as possible. They lack the resources to put a cohesive, unified "this is how we can operate in the future" plan together and leadership in Washington failed them

Washington should have been working to lay the groundwork for after the initial outbreaks, worked with each state on it's own level to help them come up with a 'best case' strategy for each state, then come up with a cohesive plan that could work for everyone nationally. Something easily understood and transferred between states. Nationally, they should have been cheering each state and it's plan for moving forward, while continuing to be pragmatic about staying ahead of the needs of the states.

That's what leadership looks like. Not saying, "hey, you're on you're own, and we're going to seize all the stuff you do manage to get for yourself and ship it to our friends in Florida."

The leadership failure in Washington is the defining memory that this administration will be judged and remembered for. Provided that in 6 months we're looking at new leadership, there's little doubt that it will go down as one of the very worst in US history.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 09:51 AM   #23665
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Bloomberg on Twitter: "Republicans say the U.S. deficit is becoming problematic https://t.co/UcegMYtAOA"

I'm pretty bullish on Trump's re-election chances (I think it is more likely than not).

But pieces like this make me wonder if the GOP leaders are seeing something that I am not. This looks like setting the stage for President Biden.
Old 05-11-2020, 09:53 AM   #23666
Flasch186
Coordinator

It's the same marketing whistle they roll out every election cycle feigning fiscal conservatism to appeal to their fiscally cognizant base that has no clue that democrats and republicans spend the same if not with the GOP spending more whether they had to or not (which is arguable).

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:29 AM   #23667
rjolley
College Starter

Those tweets are pretty much exactly how I feel about these past couple of months. Actually, I just had this conversation with my wife last night. The decision to shelter in place made sense at the time. We needed to make sure hospitals would be able to handle the potential influx of patients. The local and state governments have done fairly well overall, for the most part. People have stayed home for the most part.

The federal government, however, has not done their part. There has been no direction. The effort to help lay the groundwork for the path forward has not happened. And now, people are wondering why are they in the house out of work when we're no better off than we were 2 months ago. That is what the protests are about.

Before the pandemic, I thought Trump would cruise into a second term. With good handling of the pandemic, he could've done even better. Now, I think he's in real trouble. He's still got a shot based on the way things are politically in the country, but his administration's handling of this event will weigh him down tremendously, especially if it drags on into the summer like their projections say.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:50 AM   #23668
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Those tweets are pretty much exactly how I feel about these past couple of months. Actually, I just had this conversation with my wife last night. The decision to shelter in place made sense at the time. We needed to make sure hospitals would be able to handle the potential influx of patients. The local and state governments have done fairly well overall, for the most part. People have stayed home for the most part.

The federal government, however, has not done their part. There has been no direction. The effort to help lay the groundwork for the path forward has not happened. And now, people are wondering why are they in the house out of work when we're no better off than we were 2 months ago. That is what the protests are about.

Before the pandemic, I thought Trump would cruise into a second term. With good handling of the pandemic, he could've done even better. Now, I think he's in real trouble. He's still got a shot based on the way things are politically in the country, but his administration's handling of this event will weigh him down tremendously, especially if it drags on into the summer like their projections say.

While I generally agree with the overall sentiment, it has nothing to do with the protests. The protests are an astroturfed political tool and the vast majority believe the stay at home orders are illegal to begin with.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:56 AM   #23669
RendeR
Coordinator

In the hardest hit place, NY CA IL etc this will last long into fall.

We'll have re-openings of some sort all over the place, then we'll have a massive rise in cases and deaths and the lockdown will last longer.

We're not even talking about re-opening yet here in western NY, our numbers are still climbing.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 12:18 PM   #23670
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Bloomberg on Twitter: "Republicans say the U.S. deficit is becoming problematic https://t.co/UcegMYtAOA"

I'm pretty bullish on Trump's re-election chances (I think it is more likely than not).

But pieces like this make me wonder if the GOP leaders are seeing something that I am not. This looks like setting the stage for President Biden.

Curious why you think he will win. He seems to have a lot working against him.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:25 PM   #23671
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Worth it for the comments alone

Old 05-11-2020, 12:33 PM   #23672
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
While I generally agree with the overall sentiment, it has nothing to do with the protests. The protests are an astroturfed political tool and the vast majority believe the stay at home orders are illegal to begin with.

Maybe so, but the uncertainty of what's going on gave that astroturfed tool something to latch onto. I don't know if the protests would've been as successful if there was a valid plan to move forward in place.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 01:04 PM   #23673
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Curious why you think he will win. He seems to have a lot working against him.

A mix of voter suppression and his ability to hold onto his base.

I don't think it is a foregone conclusion that he will win. But I think that it is more likely than not.
Old 05-11-2020, 01:18 PM   #23674
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Worth it for the comments alone

So they had a cross fit class in front of the court house, proving you don't need gyms to stay in shape. Way to drive the message home!
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:30 PM   #23675
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Maybe so, but the uncertainty of what's going on gave that astroturfed tool something to latch onto. I don't know if the protests would've been as successful if there was a valid plan to move forward in place.

These protests are a strange marriage between FeedomWorks, anti-vaxxers, and struggling business owners that are willing to grasp at anything to justify their belief that their business needs to open.

I don't think there's really anything that would prevent those groups from coming together on this. For the first two, moving forward has nothing to do with their agenda. You could tell them everything is reopening in 2 weeks and they're still going to protest every day until then and continue afterwards if it's not a complete reopening without restrictions.

Washington state released a comprehensive reopening plan and we still have 1,500+ protesters in Olympia on Saturday.

We live in a country where nearly 1/3 believe a vaccine already exists and it's being withheld while 44% believe the virus was created in a lab. Does anyone believe they're going to feel more at ease because the government has a plan?
Old 05-11-2020, 05:38 PM   #23676
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Today’s press conference wow.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 06:48 PM   #23677
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Today’s press conference wow.

I can't believe we live in a country where our leader can make a blatantly racist comment and not only get away with it, but have 40% on the county think he showed her who is boss.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:50 PM   #23678
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't think he was being racist. He was just passing the buck to China. Instead of taking responsibility for his own inaction, he's just going to say the virus is China's fault.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:51 PM   #23679
RainMaker
General Manager

I don't understand what Obamagate is. Can so.eone explain it? Just see it trending.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 06:53 PM   #23680
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I don't think he was being racist. He was just passing the buck to China. Instead of taking responsibility for his own inaction, he's just going to say the virus is China's fault.

disagree
Old 05-11-2020, 06:53 PM   #23681
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- and even if he was he should be taken to task for the lack of tact
Old 05-11-2020, 06:54 PM   #23682
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I don't understand what Obamagate is. Can so.eone explain it? Just see it trending.

It is a hashtag that started at 4AM on Mother's Day Morning. Which, of course, happens to be the middle of the day in Russia.

That's pretty much all you need to know about #ObamaGate
Old 05-11-2020, 06:57 PM   #23683
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

I agree. His inability to put together a coherent statement is what puts him in situations like this. Anyone else would be politically savvy and articulate enough to avoid telling a reporter that was born in China to ask China about anything.

Another example of something his base loves but it doesn't play well to those outside of his base. He looks like a baby ending a press conference like that.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:59 PM   #23684
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

More #deepstate nonsense. The idea is Obama was the mastermind behind the Russia investigation and used political pressure to trap Flynn into lying.

Trump retweeted it 20 or so times on Mothers Day. You know, typical executive time stuff.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:02 PM   #23685
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
disagree

We all call other viruses things like Ebola and West Nile. Is that racist too, or is the latest one somehow different?
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 07:08 PM   #23686
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This is amazing

Ground News

Last edited by Lathum : 05-11-2020 at 07:08 PM.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:10 PM   #23687
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Swartz View Post
We all call other viruses things like Ebola and West Nile. Is that racist too, or is the latest one somehow different?

What does that have anything to do with telling a Chinese born reporter he has had passed beefs with to ask China her question?

Last edited by Lathum : 05-11-2020 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:11 PM   #23688
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Missed any other president asking Egyptian born reporter to ask Egypt about West Nile or an African reporter to ask africa about Ebola.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:15 PM   #23689
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I mean, I can understand someone interpreting it as him not meaning to be racist, but can't grasp how you can argue someone would interpret it as a racist comment.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:15 PM   #23690
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
What does that have anything to do with telling a Chinese born reporter he has had passed beefs with to ask China her question?

It's about the broader context in which it's considered racist to say Wuhan coronavirus or Chinese virus, even though it's not different than how we've named other viruses for like ever. On that specific statement, I can't improve on what spleen already said.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:18 PM   #23691
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
It's about the broader context in which it's considered racist to say Wuhan coronavirus or Chinese virus, even though it's not different than how we've named other viruses for like ever. On that specific statement, I can't improve on what spleen already said.

Maybe I am having trouble with my reading comprehension, but I still fail to see what either of you comments have to do with him addressing that reporter in that way.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:18 PM   #23692
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I mean, I can understand someone interpreting it as him not meaning to be racist, but can't grasp how you can argue someone would interpret it as a racist comment.

Trump knew exactly who he was talking to.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:19 PM   #23693
cuervo72
Head Coach

Racist or not, his actions here are not those of a functional adult, they are that of a four-year-old.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:25 PM   #23694
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:

And that was dumb because most locations had nothing to do with the virus (like Ebola). It just ended up stigmatizing a region or people. That is why they started giving them names not based on location.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:28 PM   #23695
RainMaker
General Manager

It is always weird that people rush to downplay a racist comment from a guy who has proudly and openly been racist for decades. He has told you what he is and is not ashamed of it.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:34 PM   #23696
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
It is always weird that people rush to downplay a racist comment from a guy who has proudly and openly been racist for decades. He has told you what he is and is not ashamed of it.

I 100% agree that he's racist. I just don't think every statement he makes is racist. I also don't care whether or not he gets the benefit of the doubt because he's earned everything thrown at him for his comments. With that said, that was a prepared China attack that would have gone to any reporter that asks a similar question.
Old 05-11-2020, 07:36 PM   #23697
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I 100% agree that he's racist. I just don't think every statement he makes is racist. I also don't care whether or not he gets the benefit of the doubt because he's earned everything thrown at him for his comments. With that said, that was a prepared China attack that would have gone to any reporter that asks a similar question.

I refuse to watch is nonsense so this is a serious question, was she the first one to ask what he would consider a "nasty" question?
Old 05-11-2020, 07:50 PM   #23698
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep
100% agree that he's racist. I just don't think every statement he makes is racist.

This is me right here. I think Trump's racism tends to get blown wildly out of proportion, and that's important as a reflection of how we assess things as a culture and community, but it doesn't make him not racist (and an ass, etc.).
Old 05-11-2020, 08:01 PM   #23699
RainMaker
General Manager

The guy built his political career on the claim that Obama could not be President because he was black. How can you blow his racism out of proportion?
Old 05-11-2020, 08:12 PM   #23700
Comey
College Starter

There was some element of racism and sexism in it--because there's a large element of racism and sexism in him--but this is a common ploy by him. When confronted with tough questions, he goes into Buzzword Bingo. He turns whatever sound byte-to-be that will make him look terrible to rational people into sound bytes situations that his base looks at as him standing tall. He is adept at deflecting whatever situation comes his way, because he doesn't give a shit about anyone who is ready to take him to task for his actions. He only cares about two things:

1) His base
2) That he's getting talked about

He's achieving both here. He's done it this entire presidency, and time and time again, it's worked. Want proof? See this page of the thread (and my post; great job, hypocrisy!)

More and more reporters need to stay on message with him; when he pulls this batshit crazy response, the next reporter needs to say, "Same question; you haven't answered it yet." Why they haven't done this yet frustrates the hell out of me, especially since he's gone to war on the press.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote