Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-12-2014, 01:41 PM   #2351
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Also, do we know for sure Beth was kidnapped? She could have just got in the hearse.

THey did specifically say several times that someone has been living in that house recently because it was so clean. They wouldn't have done that if there was no payoff to it. I'm guessing that's the payoff.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:25 PM   #2352
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I didn't have my contacts in so I had no idea it was a hearse.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 05:21 PM   #2353
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The next episode apparently leaked. There are some photo heavy spoilers out there.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #2354
stevew
Hall Of Famer

what the fuck. I read the spoilers but this is even worse than i expected.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:12 PM   #2355
Dutch
"Dutch"

Pretty crazy episode (literally, I suppose).
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:31 PM   #2356
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

well that was a light-hearted romp
Old 03-16-2014, 09:42 PM   #2357
PilotMan
Head Coach

Now that was a top 5 episode.

Possibly the best of the season, and right in the vein of the whole series.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:25 PM   #2358
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

It's funny cuz you think the older girl would be the more badass when it comes to zombies, but she's like...totally damaged.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 10:43 PM   #2359
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Watching on DVR, yeah umm...obviously didn't see that coming.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:05 AM   #2360
Radii
Head Coach

I wasn't as shocked as maybe I should have been ("I know what I have to do now" clearly was not in response to what Carol was telling her about walkers being bad), but it still hit the mark pretty damn well. Also, I was really happy to see Carol's confession, as opposed to some big deceit thing as Tyrese gets closer and closer to her and finds out what happened once they met back up with Rick.

This is the closest Walking Dead has come to delivering a half season without doing something ridiculously bad to piss me off(the governor like 5 times over), or to have me fast forwarding through parts (ie Lori on the farm). Hopefully they can stick these last few!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:17 AM   #2361
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The smoky walkers probably came from where Daryl and Amy did that dumb shit and set the house on fire, right?
Old 03-17-2014, 12:30 AM   #2362
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The smoky walkers probably came from where Daryl and Amy did that dumb shit and set the house on fire, right?

Good point - that hadn't occurred to me.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:18 AM   #2363
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

My wife said that, but I doubt it. It just depends on how far they have gone from the prison.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:28 AM   #2364
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
OMG, was that some major foreshadowing in next week's preview or what?

Spoiler

I caught the Fallout reference as well, even showed an old radio too in that shot. Thought to myself, "Nice placement".

This whole Terminus/Sanctuary thing totally reminds me of Logan's Run. In Logan's Run, the Runners were trying to get to Sanctuary, so they could live longer. However (and sorry to spoil it for anyone), come to find out, Sanctuary doesn't exist. Could Terminus not exist and it's a trap of some kind?

Probably not, as it seems like they are spending a lot of time on getting the group back together, so it would seem kind of silly if Terminus doesn't exist.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:33 AM   #2365
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I caught the Fallout reference as well, even showed an old radio too in that shot. Thought to myself, "Nice placement".

I was hoping the episode lived up to such an awesome opening and wow did it deliver. Definitely the best episode of the season IMO, really well paced and shocking.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #2366
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:

Thats the most likely scenario I can think of. Wouldnt make any sense to be some "other fire" and it also gives a perspective of overlapping time between these mini-groups.

Wow...that episode was pretty well done. The girl that plays Lizzie did a great job with her role and has a pretty solid future ahead of her.

I think my favorite character is now Carol given that she makes the tough choices and decisions, when they need to be made, and I think that makes for compelling characters. A lot more than I can say for Rick.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:44 AM   #2367
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

That was a really strong episode. Probably one of my favorites of the show. Melissa McBride (Carol) was fantastic. She acted the shit out of all of that.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:47 AM   #2368
Edward64
Head Coach

I enjoyed the episode.

TBH, if I was Carol, I would have done it when she was asleep or drugged up with whatever was in the drug cabinet.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:47 AM   #2369
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Yes I think it was supposed to show that decisions like that have consequences as you could say the little girl was murdered as a result of the burnt zombie attack on the house.

Agree on the show being one of the best. I have complained about single group episodes (and will stick by it with the Bob group and the Daryll one) but this one was done exceptionally well.

Last edited by panerd : 03-17-2014 at 08:49 AM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 08:52 AM   #2370
stevew
Hall Of Famer

There has to be some payoff to keeping Judith alive, right? They've now missed out on at least 2-3 easy chances to kill her. Wasn't there some talk of how she was important and maybe uninfected? Maybe all babies are uninfected? Would make for a great boning montage as they create a new world of babies.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:11 AM   #2371
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
There has to be some payoff to keeping Judith alive, right? They've now missed out on at least 2-3 easy chances to kill her. Wasn't there some talk of how she was important and maybe uninfected? Maybe all babies are uninfected? Would make for a great boning montage as they create a new world of babies.

It is also the main star's daughter so I would think it will also payoff when the groups eventually meet back up.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:20 AM   #2372
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
It is also the main star's daughter so I would think it will also payoff when the groups eventually meet back up.

I assume this.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #2373
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It wouldn't surprise me if this was the case...
Old 03-17-2014, 09:31 AM   #2374
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

How would they know unless she dies and does not turn?

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:35 AM   #2375
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtt View Post
How would they know unless she dies and does not turn?

Maybe she gets bit and doesn't turn?

Maybe they find a secure hospital with a doctor who does a biopsy on some brain tissue of hers?

I dunno.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:30 PM   #2376
SteveMax58
College Starter

My speculation on Judith being kept alive is purely to cement the friendship & loyalty between Rick & Tyrese.

Wouldnt surprise me if she is taken away as soon as she is back with Rick, but I think she satys alive until reunited with Rick & Carl (at least).
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 06:57 AM   #2377
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Pretty good episode, Steinbeck meets Fallout.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:08 AM   #2378
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I was hoping the episode lived up to such an awesome opening and wow did it deliver. Definitely the best episode of the season IMO, really well paced and shocking.

Yes, I was very pleasantly surprised. I can't really complain one bit about the episode other than Sunday needs to hurry and get here.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 10:55 PM   #2379
law90026
College Benchwarmer

The episode was really good at most parts. The acting by Carol was amazing and she really carried the episode. By far the best character in the show at this time.

Overall though, season has been mostly a miss for me. Way too much pointless meandering and backstory. That may work in a comic medium but it's just not good tv.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:39 AM   #2380
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
Way too much pointless meandering and backstory.

I know its 100% subjective, but its funny to see such a polar opposite.

This is exactly why I think its the best half season of Walking Dead to date. The lack of backstory and character development is by far the weakest part of the show over the last 3 years IMO. What they're doing now is actually making me care about some of these people literally for the first time in the entire run of the show.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:50 AM   #2381
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I know its 100% subjective, but its funny to see such a polar opposite.

This is exactly why I think its the best half season of Walking Dead to date. The lack of backstory and character development is by far the weakest part of the show over the last 3 years IMO. What they're doing now is actually making me care about some of these people literally for the first time in the entire run of the show.

This x1000
Old 03-19-2014, 02:01 AM   #2382
stevew
Hall Of Famer

of the 3 or 4 show runners(wow), this guy is not as good as Darabont but he's better than the last 1 or 2. Darabont was the only one who really dared to give us a larger world and did a good job of crafting some really cool original characters. I really worry that we're still just on rails to another prisonfarm here.
Old 03-19-2014, 06:27 AM   #2383
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

yeah, I love the attention given to character development. it is so long overdue.
Old 03-19-2014, 12:10 PM   #2384
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
of the 3 or 4 show runners(wow), this guy is not as good as Darabont but he's better than the last 1 or 2. Darabont was the only one who really dared to give us a larger world and did a good job of crafting some really cool original characters. I really worry that we're still just on rails to another prisonfarm here.

There are pretty much two options when it comes to this sort of thing for the characters: be on the move or try to hole up in some location.

Either of these things can be interesting. The farm wasn't interesting because the characters just kept going around in circles both literally, in their search for Sophie Anne, and in terms of character development, which was largely focused on Rick-Shane-Lori with just a sprinkling of some other characters.

I thought the time in the prison was fine. They had new challenges and some different things for different people to do. The second half of last season dragged a bit because it felt like they were stretching the Governor story a bit thin - the worst episode being the one where he was tracking Andrea down like some sort of villain in a slasher flick. That wasn't very good.

Overall, I've been pretty pleased with this season. A few episodes haven't quite worked, but largely I've been pretty happy with it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 03-20-2014, 10:14 AM   #2385
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

I guess I'm alone with not liking this episode. Yawn. The girl had to go and it wasn't a heart wrenching moment because Carol wanted to off Lizzie the entire episode. In the beginning when the kid goes berserk after Carol kills her "friend" Carol has "Oh, you must die" written all over her face.

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:24 PM   #2386
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So crazy that NBC has resorted to running ads during The Walking Dead just to promote that silly Crisis show.

Last edited by stevew : 03-23-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-23-2014, 09:40 PM   #2387
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Is terminus literally the exterior of the prison set with a different coat of paint?
Old 03-23-2014, 10:32 PM   #2388
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is terminus literally the exterior of the prison set with a different coat of paint?

I'll say no here but only because -- IIRC -- I've heard talk about the destruction of most of the prison set.

Presumably the similarities were highly intentional, meant to evoke the safety of The Prison, Part Two.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:33 PM   #2389
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Terminus seems...eerie.

Definitely don't have a good feeling about it (no surprise).
Old 03-23-2014, 10:43 PM   #2390
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Don't eat the bbq.

Jus sayin.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:46 PM   #2391
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Don't eat the bbq.

Jus sayin.

Yup. That seemed like the most likely scenario IMO.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:03 AM   #2392
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'll make you a plate.

Literally.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:48 AM   #2393
Radii
Head Coach

Man, I must be really dense here. I didn't recognize that the people Daryl is with are the ones that were in the house with Rick until I read a review. Even when they were talking about the one guy that got a look at him (when Rick was hiding under the bed), it didn't click.

As for Terminus, I'm thinking the same thing you all are it looks like... but I did watch this week's Hannibal right before Walking Dead, so I may have been predisposed towards the "BBQ IS PEOPLE" assumption.

Also... this scientist dude isn't seriously saving the world is he? Only problem I have right now is he comes off as *so* dumb that I can't actually believe that he fooled military action hero dude into taking up this cause for him. I dunno, I'm mildly curious at this point, but those two dudes and the stripper girlfriend are basically caricatures at this point to me and barely actual people. Perhaps that's a nod to the comics, but as someone who hasn't read them, that's my read on them so far.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:33 AM   #2394
stevew
Hall Of Famer

how dumb was that asian chick on hannibal. At least she can spend time getting ready for the summer season of Big Brother.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:01 AM   #2395
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Terminus seems...eerie.

Definitely don't have a good feeling about it (no surprise).

Yeah I get the vibe it is like the one house in The Road. Human's locked like cows in the basement for food.
Old 03-24-2014, 09:03 AM   #2396
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post

Also... this scientist dude isn't seriously saving the world is he? Only problem I have right now is he comes off as *so* dumb that I can't actually believe that he fooled military action hero dude into taking up this cause for him.

Spoiler
Old 03-24-2014, 03:31 PM   #2397
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Is it possible that Terminus is just some brief stop off point and the next season will completely go in some other direction? Like i think there was some serious maggie/glenn forshadowing during the episode. I wonder if one or the other will die. Also, why was there so much food available at that place that Daryl and Beth were at? Is it possible that they had developed a taste for other types of meat? Maybe we'll see Beth this week?
Old 03-24-2014, 07:45 PM   #2398
Thomkal
Head Coach

Daryl's biker gang friends need to die quickly-preferably eaten alive by the zombies
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #2399
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Daryl's biker gang friends need to die quickly-preferably eaten alive by the zombies

Claimed.

Sorry, dude. That's my thought now. Please come up with another.

Oh, and... your Beloved Cards? Claimed!
Old 03-24-2014, 08:16 PM   #2400
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The thought that Eugene is actually aware of the epidemic causation breathes way more life into the show for me. I assume he's lying but some actual "hope" type arc would serve this show well. I know this is in contrast to the hopelessness of the comics but that is a totally different medium. I'd be fine with 6 seasons and some movies.