Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-06-2006, 10:33 AM   #2351
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
im still very wary of king, but for now
VOTE SWAGGS

I understand your feeling, but like you said, we've got time for both.

While the killing of st.cronin last night might have been an act of desperation, I think it helped us out. Cronin was still in my untrusted list, and we may have eventually wasted another week lynching him (after Swaggs). Hopefully his death doesn't trigger our loss, but this was the first time (I think) that the kill was against an untrusted.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 11:41 AM   #2352
saldana
Pro Starter

before i vote today, i would like to hear from king and golden eagle about why king says GE is a chaos seer and GE says he is nothing.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:11 PM   #2353
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Swaggs hasn't really been providing any info or really pushing much analysis.

A few days ago Alan said I was the only logical player remaining and Fouts agreed. The only reason you don't think I have been providing analysis is because of Mustang making ridiculous accusations on me.

Review the facts:
--Mustang is the only one accusing me of being Chaos.
--Mustang says that I can convert or kill at night.
--There have been two night deaths since Mustang said that there would not be any, since I would be busy making conversions.
--Mustang attempted to murder Alan.
--Mustang is now a ghost.
--Mustang was never been cleared.
--Mustang, even after death, has not been cleared.
--None of our half dozen seers have identified me as disloyal, despite two days of accusations.

If you want my analysis (it is all speculation based on behavior and evidence), I think King probably knew that I had the ability to not be killed during the day and told Mustang. I think Golden Eagle (based on his odd behavior yesterday, including the fact that he claimed to have talked to Alan, who never voted for me, and that he waited until 10 minutes before the deadline to accuse me) was probably converted at some point, after he was cleared early on by Grey (I believe, may have been twothree). GE may be just confused, but his behavior definitely seems off the past few days.

I believe that the chaos members are using my curse and the fact that I cannot die during the day to buy time for the emperor to die now that st. cronin is gone. If the emperor's condition progressively weakens the longer that st. cronin is dead and you guys continue to vote for me without me dying, you will be giving the game to them.

Any questions, feel free to ask. I have nothing to hide and am one of a handfull of players in this game that have not been caught in a lie.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 12:13 PM   #2354
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Blade, do you still have your bodyguard abillities?
Old 09-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #2355
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I understand your feeling, but like you said, we've got time for both.

This does not concern you at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood View Post
[color=red]Again the council convenes in the morning to find itself down a member, this time it appears to be st.cronin who has suffered. He is completely disembowelled, still lying on his bed in his quarters. Your thoughts immediately turn to the Emperor's Golden Throne. It seems to be operating well enough at present, but for how much longer that will be who can say? Have the Chaos struck a terminal blow?[/color]

To me, this very clearly says we do not have time for both.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:44 PM   #2356
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
A few days ago Alan said I was the only logical player remaining and Fouts agreed. The only reason you don't think I have been providing analysis is because of Mustang making ridiculous accusations on me.

Review the facts:
--Mustang is the only one accusing me of being Chaos.

As a converted Chaos (if Grey is to be believed), he is the only one who could have that knowledge.

Quote:
--Mustang says that I can convert or kill at night.
--There have been two night deaths since Mustang said that there would not be any, since I would be busy making conversions.

I would expect Mustang to have beliefs about your strategy, but your strategy is really your own. I personally don't believe you can convert, but Mustang did mention that he couldn't contact others until you contacted him. It isn't exactly a conversion, but it does help explain the different numbers of kills/attacks on different days.

Quote:
--Mustang attempted to murder Alan.

Before the conversion (if Grey is to be believed)

Quote:
--Mustang is now a ghost.

Meaningless on both sides.

Quote:
--Mustang was never been cleared.
--Mustang, even after death, has not been cleared.

He was cleared by Grey. We just can't verify Grey's clearing.

Quote:
--None of our half dozen seers have identified me as disloyal, despite two days of accusations.

I don't think anyone has looked at you, but everyone else has been looked at and cleared (except King).
Old 09-06-2006, 12:48 PM   #2357
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This does not concern you at all?

To me, this very clearly says we do not have time for both.

It very clearly says nothing. It implies that time is running out, but we don't know how fast. I think you are trying to scare us into killing King first since he would die in one day rather than your two days, and you are hoping that delaying your lynch for a day will give you enough time to have the emperor die.

I fully expect the game to be over in two days when we take you out. I just wish we had more time to hunt down the mutants, but I'd prefer a minor victory to a total defeat.
Old 09-06-2006, 12:50 PM   #2358
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

GE, do you have anything you want to say about all of this? Any good info come to you last night?
Old 09-06-2006, 12:58 PM   #2359
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Alright, it is time for me to admit who I really am, regardless of what happens. I hope that Blade can protect me tonight but we will just have to wait and see. Time may be running out and we need to kill the chaos as soon as possible.

I am the human seer. Yes I have been confusing the hell out of people to try to make sure that I was not killed. That is why my stories did not add up. We made a mistake in lynching in Grey becuase that is who I think the chaos had pinned as the human seer. Anyway, here are my actions from night 1:

Night 1: Blade - Not a chaos supporter
Night 2: Alan T - Not a chaos supporter
Night 3: Fouts - Not a chaos supporter
Night 4: Swaggs - He is chaos
Night 5: Brian D - Not a chaos supporter
Night 6: Chief Rum - Not a chaos supporter.

That leaves saldana and kingfc22 as the only ones who have not been cleared. Hopefully, I can be protected and view someone tonight. We will see how that goes. I did not reveal until I got the view tonight, but that is the ways things are.

Vote Swaggs
Old 09-06-2006, 01:16 PM   #2360
saldana
Pro Starter

ok GE, since i know you are telling the truth about nights 5 and 6 because i saw you both times, i will go with you on this

vote swaggs
Old 09-06-2006, 01:18 PM   #2361
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, i saw alan being viewed on night 2 and fouts on night 3 as well, but didnt know by whom, and since i never said that, there is no way you would have been able to insert 4 of 6 people in the right slots.

i firmly believe GE at this point. and just for future reference, yesterday would have been a much better time to do this.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:28 PM   #2362
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post

So that explains why Saldana was asking about my actions before the Grey lynching. I wondered what that was about since I wasn't roaming around.

This really would have been good info yesterday since it would have confirmed what Mustang said and moved the lynching to Swaggs.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:32 PM   #2363
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
So that explains why Saldana was asking about my actions before the Grey lynching. I wondered what that was about since I wasn't roaming around.

This really would have been good info yesterday since it would have confirmed what Mustang said and moved the lynching to Swaggs.

yes brian...i saw both of you in the same vision, which has always meant in the past that you are being scanned...but since ge was babbling about alan coming to visit him, i wanted to know if he actually left his room
Old 09-06-2006, 01:50 PM   #2364
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, do you still have your bodyguard abillities?

Yes
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 01:53 PM   #2365
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, if he had revealed yesterday i could have cleared chief, and we could have used last nights scan much better
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 09-06-2006, 02:14 PM   #2366
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Viewing Chief Rum cleared two people. If you would have said something yesterday, then we would not have been able to trust you.
Old 09-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #2367
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Man, I have been trying to be helpful, have voted for two (in my opinion) evil players in Anxiety and Mustang, and have cleared two players that are verified as loyal (Alan and Fouts), and you guys are still coming after me?

Not one of the half dozen players with seer abilities has viewed me as not loyal to the emperor.

Meanwhile, GE is pulling tons of stuff out of his ass, trying to get the vote to stick to me and he is not a suspect, at all.

I'm pretty sure the chaos have already won. With st. cronin dead, the emperor won't stay alive for, I'm guessing, more than two or three days. You guys are going to keep voting for me, and I'm going to keep surviving it, until the emperor's life support fails. Nicely played chaos.

I may as well help the chaos by revealing my latest bit of research: Basically, if both Fouts and Alan T are killed, I will fall prey to the curse and become loyal to the Chaos Daemon Lord. I'm guessing since none of you have tried to kill me at night, and I can't be killed by day, I could end up on the winning team if Fouts dies.

I swear, you all are getting played so badly and don't even see it.

Vote Golden Eagle.

Crap, I guess this means you are killing me next. Oh well, I played a crappy game.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 04:38 PM   #2368
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Alright, it is time for me to admit who I really am, regardless of what happens. I hope that Blade can protect me tonight but we will just have to wait and see. Time may be running out and we need to kill the chaos as soon as possible.

I am the human seer. Yes I have been confusing the hell out of people to try to make sure that I was not killed. That is why my stories did not add up. We made a mistake in lynching in Grey becuase that is who I think the chaos had pinned as the human seer. Anyway, here are my actions from night 1:

Night 1: Blade - Not a chaos supporter
Night 2: Alan T - Not a chaos supporter
Night 3: Fouts - Not a chaos supporter
Night 4: Swaggs - He is chaos
Night 6: Chief Rum - Not a chaos supporter.

That leaves saldana and kingfc22 as the only ones who have not been cleared. Hopefully, I can be protected and view someone tonight. We will see how that goes. I did not reveal until I got the view tonight, but that is the ways things are.

Vote Swaggs

So we have 2 human seers (twothree and GE)? And you let us kill Mustang and Grey without saying anything. Gee thanks for the help.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:12 PM   #2369
Swaggs
Coordinator

Awesome, yet another seer.

Hopefully someone kills me tonight. I can't wait for the story to change again tomorrow. Maybe I'll need lynched five times instead.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #2370
hoopsguy
General Manager

The best part of all the seers is thinking to what it was like the one time I got that role in a WW game. I was pumped, getting the stud role in the game that gives you an inside track to understanding what is happening. Now, I wonder what it must have been like to be a seer in this game about the time when anywhere from 3-5 other people are claiming to be seers by Day 3.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:18 PM   #2371
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The best part of all the seers is thinking to what it was like the one time I got that role in a WW game. I was pumped, getting the stud role in the game that gives you an inside track to understanding what is happening. Now, I wonder what it must have been like to be a seer in this game about the time when anywhere from 3-5 other people are claiming to be seers by Day 3.

I'm sure if you observe for long enough, you will become a seer, too.
Old 09-06-2006, 05:19 PM   #2372
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

I'll comment on that after the game is over!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 05:51 PM   #2373
Blade6119
Coordinator

this day is slowwwwwww...but king is here, and im still waiting on his updated scan/role list
Demotivation
Old 09-06-2006, 05:57 PM   #2374
kingfc22
Head Coach

Vote Swaggs

As far as Blade asking who I have investiaged:

Night 1: St. Cronin - important to the Golden Throne, Emperor may be in danger if he dies

Night 2: Alan - tries to convert people to the emperor. After hearing grey could do the same thing and succeeded with mustang I thought he might be a mutant. Also he was agreeing with Saldana alot.

Night 3:Brian - will take somebody with him to his grave if he is killed

Nighg 4: saldana - very hard to find information on him, mutant, he has visions at night that he has no control over, but they are very frequent

Night 5: GE - has been searching for Chaos for several years and has very good instincts to spot them

Night 6: Swaggs - he is somehow resistent to death, what it is and how it works remain a mystery
Old 09-06-2006, 05:59 PM   #2375
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
So we have 2 human seers (twothree and GE)? And you let us kill Mustang and Grey without saying anything. Gee thanks for the help.

I tried to prevent the killing of Grey. I never viewed Mustang and I was out that day any way. I think WW may not be for you.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:03 PM   #2376
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Vote Swaggs

As far as Blade asking who I have investiaged:

Night 1: St. Cronin - important to the Golden Throne, Emperor may be in danger if he dies

Did you know he was human, or just not a chaos?
Demotivation
Old 09-06-2006, 06:22 PM   #2377
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I tried to prevent the killing of Grey. I never viewed Mustang and I was out that day any way. I think WW may not be for you.

I think you're right. If I had found out swaggs was chaos, I would have told somebody.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #2378
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
I think you're right. If I had found out swaggs was chaos, I would have told somebody.

I dont normally agree with fouts, not since he betrayed us in X-Com , but i agree. I dont know how you find out hes a chaos on night 4 and wait until day 7 to tell us.
Demotivation
Old 09-06-2006, 06:25 PM   #2379
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Did you know he was human, or just not a chaos?

The only time my investigation indicated an individual was human, chaos or mutant was when I scanned saldana. Other than that, I've only been told what their ability is.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:26 PM   #2380
Blade6119
Coordinator

Im out for until after the lynch...lets have fun seeing what tangle says about swaggs' non-death everyone claims is coming.
Demotivation
Old 09-06-2006, 06:34 PM   #2381
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I dont normally agree with fouts, not since he betrayed us in X-Com , but i agree. I dont know how you find out hes a chaos on night 4 and wait until day 7 to tell us.

I told everyone on Day 6 and again, I was not very useful for a couple of days there. Plus I wanted to see who he associated with.

If Swaggs takes me to the grave with him, remember what I said.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:41 PM   #2382
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I told everyone on Day 6 and again, I was not very useful for a couple of days there. Plus I wanted to see who he associated with.

If Swaggs takes me to the grave with him, remember what I said.

If hes let you live this long, i doubt he will start worrying about you now. Obviously, as grey and i both thought, you were the key role this game. If he didnt take you on night 1, or shortly there after, he obviously doesnt see you as a threat. I will be guarding someone i think is a more likely target
Demotivation
Old 09-06-2006, 06:55 PM   #2383
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'd love to take you to the grave, but unfortunately I don't have any kills in night action.

I can't believe I was identified as chaos two days ago and it is just now coming out. I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I feel better about Golden Eagle now that he has come clean.

King is telling the truth, although I'm not sure his orders are honest, since Mustang knew about me earlier.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:30 PM   #2384
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I can't wait to here what everyones' actual roles are. This game is messed up. Because I don't have time to consider unlikely conspiracy theories...

VOTE SWAGGS

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:02 PM   #2385
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Voting closed.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #2386
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Final Vote Count Day 7

Swaggs 8 - Fouts, BrianD, GoldenEagle, saldana, kingfc, Chief Rum, Blade
GoldenEagle 1 - Swaggs

Write up coming.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:08 PM   #2387
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Odd how little action there is right now. I know a lot of people are simply dead, but still, this is an interesting lynch. I guess we will see shortly what the truth is (or maybe not, given how Mustang died...)

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2006, 08:24 PM   #2388
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'll still be here.

At least until tonight.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:28 PM   #2389
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Today is a simple day compared to the rest, the unanimous opinion is that Swaggs should be the one exectued, despite his protests that he will survive anyway. He eventually has to cede to the wishes of his other council members and steps up to the executioner's plinth.

There are no protestations, no cries for help, merely an eeriy inevitablilty that sweeps across everyone in the room as Swaggs, almost totally relaxed, lies and awaits the executioner's power axe. But this time the swing is not swift nor clean, but merely thuds into Swaggs' neck, drawing blood but refusing to go deeper. After several hacks producing little more than a small splatter and some slight wincing from Swaggs he calls a halt to the farce, standing up and telling the executioner to cease. "I told you all that this would happen" he mutters in a irritated voice as he walks away from the council and heads to his chamber for the night.

But before he can make it out of the room a sinister rumble is heard from the adjacent Golden Throne. One of the operators slinks through the restricted bolted door and informs the council that it appears a section of the mechanism has failed. Not to worry he assures you, it can be fixed and shouldn't cause much distress any further. With that you all turn and exit the hall to retire for the night.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:36 PM   #2390
saldana
Pro Starter

can we just run an accelerated day tomorrow if all us are gonna vote swaggs again?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:36 PM   #2391
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
can we just run an accelerated day tomorrow if all us are gonna vote swaggs again?

I agree.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:43 PM   #2392
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Okay, tomorrow I am not quite sure if I will be able to get online at all, and the same goes for Friday too. The worst part is if I will not be able to be online I will not be able to tell anyone in advance. There are a few options here:

1. Take a break for a few days. Probably all the way until Monday.

2. Since what the council wants to do seems obvious, run an accelerated day NOW, then take a break.

3. I'll send all my info to another forum member who will be on standby incase I am not avaliable.

Any thoughts or other options?

Sorry to have to come to this situation. It was unexpected and I have really enjoyed GM'ing this game so far and would very much like to be there at the end myself.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:46 PM   #2393
Blade6119
Coordinator

GE, YOU HAVE TO SCAN KING TONIGHT...DO NOT WORRY ABOUT SWAGGS, hes dead tomorrow...scan the last unscanned person. If hes clean, then we start working our way back through conversions.
Demotivation
Old 09-06-2006, 08:46 PM   #2394
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Okay, tomorrow I am not quite sure if I will be able to get online at all, and the same goes for Friday too. The worst part is if I will not be able to be online I will not be able to tell anyone in advance. There are a few options here:

2. Since what the council wants to do seems obvious, run an accelerated day NOW, then take a break.

3. I'll send all my info to another forum member who will be on standby incase I am not avaliable.

Sorry to have to come to this situation. It was unexpected and I have really enjoyed GM'ing this game so far and would very much like to be there at the end myself.

if enough people show up soon, my first choice would be #2, but since not alot of people seem to be around, perhaps 3 would be a better option...Alan helped St. Cronin out in a similar situation last game, but seeing how we may be close to the end, i wouldnt want you to give your game away and miss the end considering how much work you put into it.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:47 PM   #2395
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

If you have all night actions in(though id like GE to scan king, who im protecting, and king to scan GE), id say go ahead now. Were all going to vote him again id imagine...
Demotivation
Old 09-06-2006, 08:54 PM   #2396
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
If you have all night actions in(though id like GE to scan king, who im protecting, and king to scan GE), id say go ahead now. Were all going to vote him again id imagine...

I've already scanned GE.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:57 PM   #2397
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
I've already scanned GE.

Well then who are you going to scan tonight...tangle seems to hint that swaggs death doesnt mean end game, so someone who is clear is a bad guy(unless its you, oh last uncleared one). Im protecting you tonight becuase i think whoever else is bad will want you out of the way to prevent you scanning them. The fact i asked you to scan GE says what i think about him right now. Think hard, unless your evil, as you should be a cleared and safe man tomorrow with info to help us win this bad boy.
Demotivation
Old 09-06-2006, 08:58 PM   #2398
Blade6119
Coordinator

dola, or GE will scan you and you will be evil...that will also help us tomorrow...either way
Demotivation
Old 09-06-2006, 08:59 PM   #2399
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
dola, or GE will scan you and you will be evil...that will also help us tomorrow...either way

That will not be the case, but funny none the less.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:20 PM   #2400
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Okay, Hoopsguy is the reserve GM. Please send any night actions to him in duplicate as well as me. If I can get online tommorow then he won't be needed and I'll resume. But if I haven't made a post by midday EST, then he is charge until further notice.

Any questions?

Good. FAAAAAAAL OUT!

Sorry, it just sounded a bit militaristic when I read it back.