Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-29-2006, 09:16 AM   #2351
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

Here's Cleon's passing thread, much shorter, but also helpful, especially if you're still trying to get your feet wet...

Passing is a very important part of football and on FM 2006 this is no different, but don't make the mistake that a lot of people do and match the players passing attribute to the passing slider. So for example if someone has 4 for passing this doesn't mean that you should give him (4) short passing on the game. You need to study your players really carefully before deciding what passing to choose. If you have a player who has 15+ for his passing attribute then he is probably good enough to play every single passing style depending at what level you are playing at.

The players passing in the midfield area is the most vital part of your formation in my eyes because you need to keep possession of the ball but also know when to release the ball to someone in a more advanced position. Time the passes right to your strikers and it could lead to a very good chance, but miss time the pass and you might give the possession of the ball away to the opposition. The passing to your strikers is important because get it wrong and you might get caught offside, but passing alone doesn't determine that it also depends on the strikers stats such as decision, anticipation and off the ball.

In Lower League Management situations you probably don’t have the players to play a very short passing game as they lack technique and creativity. So you need to find a passing style that suits the individual player. I would recommend trying to mix the passing styles up through out your team, don't have everyone set on the same settings. By doing this you give your team a variation of passing styles and make it UN predictable for the opposition to figure out what you will do with the ball.

Mixed: This means your players will attempt short passing, direct passing and long passing. This can be a good starting point when deciding what passing to have your players on. If you are unsure stick to mixed until you become more confident.

Short: Your players will just pass the ball to the closest player that isn’t marked. He will just play the basics. But if he is on (1)-(3) short passing this will mean he plays a more one touch football game. This style is only advisable for very good players who are comfortable with passing and moving.

Direct: Your players will attempt to get the ball up field as quick as possible. They will go through the positions until it has reached the front men. But don’t get this mistaken for long passing even though they sound same they are different.

Long: Your players will always hit long balls forward. They will play the ball over the top. This works well if players have poor passing stats, the weather conditions are bad or if you are playing against tough opposition. The downfall of playing like this is you could give a lot of possession away needlessly.

To be able to play any sort of passing game it also relies on other factors too not only the passing attribute. Decisions are important for knowing exactly who to choose to pass to as well as choosing when. Anticipation is another attribute that is quite important as if your player is passing to a player who is currently running he needs to anticipate where he is exactly running too. There are a few more factors too but they will get covered in a different article. It all comes down to combinations of attributes rather than just one overall attribute.
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:21 AM   #2352
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Is there any Super Tactic that makes any team win regardless of talent.

I hope not.

I'm starting to be in the camp that says, "If there's a super tactic, don't use it, and forget about it." ESPECIALLY considering that since FM 2007 details have been released, the game is approaching lame-duck status. The game's been out over half a year now -- if you haven't found a super tactic, I really don't think you need to worry.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 09:26 AM   #2353
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
I'm starting to be in the camp that says, "If there's a super tactic, don't use it, and forget about it." ESPECIALLY considering that since FM 2007 details have been released, the game is approaching lame-duck status. The game's been out over half a year now -- if you haven't found a super tactic, I really don't think you need to worry.

I was gonna comment about this post from jbmagic. Dude, you've asked a few times if a super tactic exists and most times it's been said that either no, none exists or the question has been ignored. I've not read about a super tactic that makes your team win all the time and if one of us around here comes upon one, I'd venture to say it would be because of a freakish twist of luck.

FM
Old 06-29-2006, 02:48 PM   #2354
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
I was gonna comment about this post from jbmagic. Dude, you've asked a few times if a super tactic exists and most times it's been said that either no, none exists or the question has been ignored. I've not read about a super tactic that makes your team win all the time and if one of us around here comes upon one, I'd venture to say it would be because of a freakish twist of luck.

FM

I think jbmagic's sole point of existence now is to try and poke holes in everything.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 02:59 PM   #2355
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277
I think jbmagic's sole point of existence now is to try and poke holes in everything.

maybe so, but even he, by the time we're up to page 48 in this thread, should realize we're not talking about Maximum Football here...

FM
Old 06-29-2006, 03:37 PM   #2356
Flasch186
Coordinator

nor Maximum Futbol

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 03:43 PM   #2357
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Nor FC Maxima
Old 06-29-2006, 04:33 PM   #2358
rexallllsc
Banned

About about the Defensive Line positioning? Anyone have some info on that for me?
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 04:34 PM   #2359
rexallllsc
Banned

Has anyone ever played with Harchester United?
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:20 PM   #2360
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
About about the Defensive Line positioning? Anyone have some info on that for me?

Generally, if you are afraid of an opponents pace up front relative to your defenders, you play deeper to nulify through balls and balls over the top where the quick striker can beat your centrehalves and get one-on-one with the keeper. If you have quick centrehalves you can play higher up, especially if the opposing stikers are not very mobile, as that will compress the space between the defence and midfielders making it harder for the oppositino to pick passes and retain possesion. Late in games when you are in the lead it can be helpful to drop very deep and essentially just line up everyone in and just outside your box, making it almos impossible for the other team to pick a pass to create a chance, thus resorting to taking speculative shots from 25 or 30 yards out. However, this does invite a lot of pressure, as you basically alow them to have as much possession as they want, so a very good team with creative players is likely to eventually break you down and create a good chance.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 05:32 PM   #2361
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I hope not.
No.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:24 PM   #2362
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm very pleased to say that after 10 game years, I've finally worked my reputation up to National. This American has made a name for himself in England. Yay!
Old 07-01-2006, 08:21 AM   #2363
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalcPow
Here's Cleon's passing thread, much shorter, but also helpful, especially if you're still trying to get your feet wet...
Much thanks.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 08:26 AM   #2364
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
Quote:

I hope not.
Even if there IS one and you're THAT deathly afraid of the existence of one . . . wouldn't the easiest solution be: "don't download a tactic"?

I have never, ever (and I mean EVER) understood people that sits there and post to ask about a "super tactic" to say that they hope one does not exist. (Kind of like people who finds out about a loophole in the game and say that it "ruins" the game for them.) FUCKING DUH. Don't download the tactic (or use the damn loophole). Problem. Solved. Move. On.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:05 PM   #2365
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
Even if there IS one and you're THAT deathly afraid of the existence of one . . . wouldn't the easiest solution be: "don't download a tactic"?

I have never, ever (and I mean EVER) understood people that sits there and post to ask about a "super tactic" to say that they hope one does not exist. (Kind of like people who finds out about a loophole in the game and say that it "ruins" the game for them.) FUCKING DUH. Don't download the tactic (or use the damn loophole). Problem. Solved. Move. On.

Exactly. It only becomes a problem for me if I have to change the way I play the game to avoid the loophole/tactic/etc.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:19 AM   #2366
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus

and again daedy and I are one and the same in thinking

I had not read the comments following my last post and they're about dead on. Since the game is mostly single player, if you learn that, say playign a 1-3-6 will guarantee tons of goals and will control the midfield, then darn it, don't play a 1-3-6. Problem solved. FM/WSM has always amazed me at how good it is in making sure that you can't screw the AI managers. I mean, try and make fucked up offers to see if they will be accepted. Maybe you'll think you'll get away with one, then you'll see that the player, while having some great skills in his profile page, just isn't performing when gametime comes. Their previous team might have known that while I obviously didn't, and they were just too happy to let him go for what I felt was a cheap price.

I trust SI that they have done about the same with tactics, and for most of us, I mean non tacticians as far as soccer goes, it should be even tougher. Unless you download a tactic that has been tested over and over by somebody else, what are the odds of coming upong a super tactics of some sort? I'd say they are pretty low. And if I ever come to a point that my team is winning game in game out, I'll ask openly if that's a known bug of some sort and if that's confirm, will stop using said tactic...

About the game, I've been on a hiatus for a little while now, due to a lack of time but I loaded my current career for a little afternoon fun yesterday and damn, this game is good. Played three games and all three had me on the edge of my seat, pumping my fist in the air at every goal, cheering my little dots to push, push, push, center the damn ball, KIIIIICK IT!!!

Again, just a great game.

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 07-03-2006 at 10:21 AM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:09 AM   #2367
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Damn, my computer just crashed, after rattling off three straight wins. That's it. I'm not playing anymore until I get a new computer -- although, this isn't the first time I've said that.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:13 PM   #2368
Adamski47
High School JV

I appologize for not reading this entire thread, but what is the most realistic settings (countries etc) to start a new game with? Should I just select all of the countries? What about that one slot for an additional country?

Thank you.
Adamski47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #2369
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamski47
I appologize for not reading this entire thread, but what is the most realistic settings (countries etc) to start a new game with? Should I just select all of the countries? What about that one slot for an additional country?

Thank you.

appology not accepted, please go back to page one and read the whole thing.

Seriously, it would depend on the kind of computer specs you have, especially processor and memory.

I run England from League one and up, Holland top level, France top level, Scotland top level and the MLS. These are on normal, i.e. manageable if I ever want to. I also have the top half European countries on basic level, simply to show a league table in case I'd ever make it to European competition (UEFA Cup or Champions League)...

My PC is a Athlon 2000+ (1.67ghz) with 512MB RAM.
FM
Old 07-03-2006, 02:27 PM   #2370
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, it runs slowly at times, but I find it okay...

FM
Old 07-03-2006, 02:33 PM   #2371
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

I have a Thinkpad T40 laptop.

I've run two games on opposite ends of the spectrum:

1) All of Eastern Europe down to the lowest level, plus a couple of Western Europe league all the way down. Like 40 leagues in 12 countries. Plus a few on basic detail. Game is pretty much unplayably slow at this point, 8 years in (2012).

2) French all leagues, and that's it. In 2009 game still runs extremely fast.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:41 PM   #2372
Adamski47
High School JV

If you do not select a particular country do the leagues simply not exist or are they still there in the background.

I know nothing about soccer. I am trying to set one up so that I will not go "oh shoot, I forgot about that" down the road. Is there World Cup in this game every 4 years?

When I hit recommend it tells me to run the US and Mexican leagues. Lame.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:45 PM   #2373
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
If you do not select a particular country do the leagues simply not exist or are they still there in the background.

I know nothing about soccer. I am trying to set one up so that I will not go "oh shoot, I forgot about that" down the road. Is there World Cup in this game every 4 years?

When I hit recommend it tells me to run the US and Mexican leagues. Lame.

if you don't select a league, the league as a league won't be there at all. Its teams will be there and the number of players that are available to sign in any of its teams will be determined by the size of the database you have chosen. Any league picked to run on normal has all of its players available to be signed.

The world cup and any other international competition are run with no link to whatever league you have picked to start your game. You could decide to run England only, top to bottom, and the World Cup would happen every four years and everything.

Yeah, the recommend button is not always very helpful. If you're able to run the game at all, you should be able to pick at least two countries and it should run fine. Just pick countries you'd really want to maybe one day manage in...

FM
Old 07-03-2006, 02:53 PM   #2374
ice4277
Pro Rookie

YMMV with the recommend button. It all depends on how much you want to sacrifice game speed with game detail. I have many more leagues running than is recommended, but I'll gladly take slower sim times for a more immersive game world.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:56 PM   #2375
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I'm very pleased to say that after 10 game years, I've finally worked my reputation up to National. This American has made a name for himself in England. Yay!
And now my reputation is back down to Local. Even so, Wales offered me their national team job, but I declined it.

More praise for this game, BTW: Overall, I would guess that your own salary doesn't mean much in terms of the game, but damn it, I care enough that I take it seriously! The Cheltenham fans have been begging for me to stay, and although my last contract had me seriously underpaid, I never considered leaving. I did request a new contract once, but that got shot down.

Anyway, when my contract was about to expire, the board came to me with a $6,500/week offer. Sorry, guys, but I've managed this team for 9 or 10 seasons and brought your asses up to the Championship. I've turned down countless Brazilian teams, and I told Birmingham to shove it when they begged me to lead them back to the Premiership, all because I love Cheltenham. In return, the fans love me, and the players love me. On top of that, thanks to my help, we proudly display our cheesy little LDV Vans Trophy from two years ago in our home office. I've spent the last 3 years making $1,500/week, and was probably one of the lowest-paid managers in League One while we were there. You do not come to me with a $6,500/week offer when I could make 30% more with another club. You do NOT do that.

I told them to give me $7,000/week, and they agreed. Sure, it wasn't a huge difference, but I wanted to show them that they couldn't push me around.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 07-03-2006 at 02:57 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:35 PM   #2376
Ironhead
College Prospect

I am very interested in giving this one a try but I am running a 600 MHz computer with 384 MB of RAM. Should I even bother? I have already downloaded the demo and it seems to run alright, but that is only with USA and Mexico. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:41 PM   #2377
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
I am very interested in giving this one a try but I am running a 600 MHz computer with 384 MB of RAM. Should I even bother? I have already downloaded the demo and it seems to run alright, but that is only with USA and Mexico. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

I think you'll be alright, but stick to just one league (probably can run all levels in that one league).

As I mentioned in this or another thread, I overburdened my computer, and 8 years or so into the game it is pretty much unplayable because it is so slow.

Fortunately I am looking into getting a new fast desktop where I could probably play that save relatively well.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:45 PM   #2378
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It's a shame we can't get an FM subforum around here. I'd try to read this thread, but its got an insane amount of posts. I'm sure most of it would have been split separately, if people didn't want to get fussed out at for having 20 different FM threads on general discussion.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:00 PM   #2379
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I like the new salary thing, too. I usually don't mind keeping my salary low, though, as I assume the lower my salary, the more money my team has. Maybe if the game kept record of my money earned compared with other managers, that would be cool. Or maybe if a higher salary for me led to me being able to do a better job (due to increased luxuries), that would be cool, too.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:50 PM   #2380
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
It's a shame we can't get an FM subforum around here. I'd try to read this thread, but its got an insane amount of posts. I'm sure most of it would have been split separately, if people didn't want to get fussed out at for having 20 different FM threads on general discussion.

Well, you see with the heavy use of the IHOF and Game forums, an FM forum just seems to be dumb compared to those.
Old 07-04-2006, 01:09 PM   #2381
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

not that I've asked anybody about this (i.e. not SkyDog, nor the other Hattrick players), but we could always rename the Hattrick forum something like "Hattrick & everything soccer" and use it for the FM talks, among other things. It's not like the HT talk has been very hot for a little while now...

FM
Old 07-04-2006, 01:10 PM   #2382
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, obviously, I could moderate the thing, as loosely as what I do now can be called moderation on the HT board

FM
Old 07-04-2006, 01:17 PM   #2383
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
not that I've asked anybody about this (i.e. not SkyDog, nor the other Hattrick players), but we could always rename the Hattrick forum something like "Hattrick & everything soccer" and use it for the FM talks, among other things. It's not like the HT talk has been very hot for a little while now...

FM

With the WC going on and the coinciding increase in FM/WSM tal around here, I am surprised someone hasn't asked for something to be done about it yet.

Your idea is not a bad one at all though.

Personally I have always thought every non-FOF game discussion should go in the Game Impressions forum, since that is what it is for IMO. But I am crazy like that....
Old 07-04-2006, 11:33 PM   #2384
Adamski47
High School JV

Can you play this game in a window? If so how? Thanks.
Old 07-04-2006, 11:41 PM   #2385
MJ4H
Coordinator

Under preferences there is a check-box for Full Screen. Just uncheck it.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:46 PM   #2386
Adamski47
High School JV

I am told that changing the screen settings failed because my system does not support this option? WTF?
Old 07-04-2006, 11:47 PM   #2387
Adamski47
High School JV

Also, in setting up my intial game...I am along the lines of thinking that I will start with one country as deep as it will let me (most leagues that is). Problem is, what country? I'm not sure which one or ones to pick??!! Any advice?
Old 07-05-2006, 07:12 AM   #2388
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
I am told that changing the screen settings failed because my system does not support this option? WTF?

I've never played in windowed mode but I think you need to be at a higher resolution than 1024x768, could that be the problem?

If not, I can't help you much I'm afraid...

FM
Old 07-05-2006, 07:14 AM   #2389
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Also, in setting up my intial game...I am along the lines of thinking that I will start with one country as deep as it will let me (most leagues that is). Problem is, what country? I'm not sure which one or ones to pick??!! Any advice?

all a matter of preference. I like playing in England, some don't, or they like to try new countries to see what kind of rules they have. Holland is nice in that they don't seem to have very big work permit rules, which England has. Also, to me, playing in England has the added value that I am able to follow the teams in real life, so I get to see names I know on TV every once in a while, which would probably not happen as much is I were playing in say Holland, Ukraine, or Slovenia

FM
Old 07-05-2006, 08:32 AM   #2390
Warhammer
Pro Starter

I gotta share this:

Playing in the Conference North with Lancaster. We're sitting 5th in the conference, and playing Droylesden who is sitting 20th. We're on the road, and go down quickly 2-0 due to one striker getting a couple of quick goals early in the first.

I decide to switch my two back center defenders to tackle hard. I don't hear the guys name for the rest of the match and he is subbed out at half time.

The best part, at half time two of my players are sitting at 5 form, and the rest of the lot is at 6, except for one of my strikers at 7. I tell them they are all clueless, except for the guy with a 7 form, who I am pleased with. What happens?

We go out and score FOUR goals in the second half, all of them by the striker I was pleased with. To make things even better, the other guys were setting him up!

I love this game!
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:18 AM   #2391
Adamski47
High School JV

Newbie question:

When deciding upon a job...what are the differences between Manager, Assistant Manager, Coach, and Scout?
Old 07-05-2006, 09:20 AM   #2392
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've never played in windowed mode but I think you need to be at a higher resolution than 1024x768, could that be the problem?

If not, I can't help you much I'm afraid...

FM

the screen resolution should be at least 1152 x 864
Old 07-05-2006, 09:59 AM   #2393
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Newbie question:

When deciding upon a job...what are the differences between Manager, Assistant Manager, Coach, and Scout?

When deciding on a job for yourself... you can only be a Manager in FM 2006 (cue Marc's entrance to inform us you can start as a youth team waterboy in FM 2007). As a manager you will make the tactical and lineup decisions for your team on gameday, assign training, and handle the buying, selling, and resigning of players.

When you're hiring other staff for positions in your club... an Assistant Manager can offer advice about potential lineups, filter players unlikely to even consider signing with you from transfer lists, control reserve and youth teams, and act as another coach during training. With that in mind you'll want to find an AM that is strong in a number of different attributes. Coaches serve essentially as coaches during training, so you'll want to look for coaches that have strong coaching attributes (Technical, Tactics, Fitness, Goalkeepers, etc.) as well as some scouting ability so that they are not wasting their time training hopeless players. Scouts are just that, scouts, so you will want to look for staff with high ratings in the two scouting attributes, with everything else being largely unimportant.

(Hope that helps, thought I would err on the side of the very basic if this is your first time with the game.)
MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:57 AM   #2394
Johnny93g
College Starter

Comment/Question

Coaching Canada in the 2010 world cup, we were drawn into a very tough group. Our opener against Argentina was ugly. 5-1 lost, but atleast we scored Canada's first World Cup goal. Next came a humbling 3-0 loss to Sweden. I was expecting more of the same against the host's South Africa. Instead, we controlled the game with our signature up-tempo style, and prevailed 5-3!!!. So im very happy i was able to win a game. England ended up winning the tournament, repeating as world Champs. The USA made the semi-finals before losing to Scotland!!!

Question time. I got a bright idea the other day. The game will not produce better players then i have now for team Canada. So maybe i can bring some of the young guys over to Leeds (my club team), so they can recieve some top notch coaching, and play against better competion. It wont cost me much, and i dont really pay attention to the Leeds youth teams anyway. Might aswell put them to use. I tried to buy 6 players, and eventually, all transfers were turned down because they could not get a work permit!!!

How do i go about getting these guys work permits?
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:03 AM   #2395
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g
Comment/Question

Coaching Canada in the 2010 world cup, we were drawn into a very tough group. Our opener against Argentina was ugly. 5-1 lost, but atleast we scored Canada's first World Cup goal. Next came a humbling 3-0 loss to Sweden. I was expecting more of the same against the host's South Africa. Instead, we controlled the game with our signature up-tempo style, and prevailed 5-3!!!. So im very happy i was able to win a game. England ended up winning the tournament, repeating as world Champs. The USA made the semi-finals before losing to Scotland!!!

Question time. I got a bright idea the other day. The game will not produce better players then i have now for team Canada. So maybe i can bring some of the young guys over to Leeds (my club team), so they can recieve some top notch coaching, and play against better competion. It wont cost me much, and i dont really pay attention to the Leeds youth teams anyway. Might aswell put them to use. I tried to buy 6 players, and eventually, all transfers were turned down because they could not get a work permit!!!

England won the world cup... TWICE!? Reinstall the game. Something's definitely wrong.

Old 07-05-2006, 11:06 AM   #2396
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

FM

Yeah, a "Futbol" forum would be a great idea.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:25 AM   #2397
MrBug708
Head Coach

Please, no hattrick and FM in the same forum
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:26 AM   #2398
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g
Comment/Question

You need to get them CAPS before they can get a work permit
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:30 AM   #2399
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

agreed but since I doubt skydog reads this thread someone may have to suggest it to him personally.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #2400
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Please, no hattrick and FM in the same forum

a question: why?

and my point of view: I don't see SkyDog allowing a separate forum for one single game, no matter how great it is, and I see him allowing a separate forum dedicated to soccer even less than that. My idea was simply to use one forum that already exists but has seen its traffic drop down a little with the years. Just seemed like a good compromise to use a forum that SD already doesn't care at all about and never visits anyway...

FM