Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #2401
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
I don't think it is that he is imperious to most attacks. I know or have a good feeling to what his trick is, but not sure I want to reveal it until I have a better feel for where his allegiance lies. Right now I think he is just AWOL.
Impervious is actually the word we're both looking for. And yes I don't really mean impervious, that is true. But the word does express the result of his defenses.
JeanGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:06 PM   #2402
Mimic
High School JV

Actually not better color since you can't see the yellow well on the default background.
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #2403
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
Impervious is actually the word we're both looking for. And yes I don't really mean impervious, that is true. But the word does express the result of his defenses.

Elusive.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #2404
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
Elusive.

That's what I wanted, someone I couldn't actually hurt.
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:08 PM   #2405
Beast
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I need to attack someone so I get energy back! Who is invulnerable?

Quote:
Spiderman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
Attack Spiderman

I must admit, even with my intellect, I cannot completly grasp what exactly happened here. Why would you not have recommended yourself. You have put your telekinesis shield in place, which would lead one to conclude you will be protected significantly against any damage directed towards you tonight, but instead of recommending yourself, or even any other person that may have full reserves of vitality, you suggested the one among us that is likely in dire physical condition due to the savagery he faced yesterday.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:09 PM   #2406
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

We soon will have answers to many things I think.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #2407
Quicksilver
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
We soon will have answers to many things I think.
I agree, and I'm not sure it will be good!
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:12 PM   #2408
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

I like these colors better.

Quote:
It is not exactly as bad as I remembered in my head

day 1: 697

Post #547: Quicksilver attacks JeanGrey
Post #657: Aardwolf attacks EmmaFrost
Post #676: SilverSamurai attacks Human Torch

day 2: 1198

Post #775: Silver Samurai attacks Colossus
Post #800: Aardwolf attacks SilverSamurai
Post #1105: Quicksilver attacks Aardwolf

day 3: 1917

Post #1322 - Quicksilver attacks Nightcrawler
Post #1724 - Aardwolf attack SilverSamurai
Post #1840 - SilverSamurai attacks Punisher

day 4: (today)

Post #2104 - Aardwolf attacks SilverSamurai
Post #2360 - Quicksilver attacks Aardwolf
Post #2379 - SilverSamurai attacks Aardwolf

Maybe nothing there. Just seems a small group fixated on each other that I can not figure out why.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:13 PM   #2409
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
I must admit, even with my intellect, I cannot completly grasp what exactly happened here. Why would you not have recommended yourself. You have put your telekinesis shield in place, which would lead one to conclude you will be protected significantly against any damage directed towards you tonight, but instead of recommending yourself, or even any other person that may have full reserves of vitality, you suggested the one among us that is likely in dire physical condition due to the savagery he faced yesterday.
Cause I think Spiderman will avoid Quicksilver's attack. I, on the other hand, would have to waste energy to do so. And I'm trying to keep my powder dry for the next mission that comes along, in hopes I can make a difference. I'm sick of losing missions.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:14 PM   #2410
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Elusive.
Word.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #2411
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Cause I think Spiderman will avoid Quicksilver's attack. I, on the other hand, would have to waste energy to do so. And I'm trying to keep my powder dry for the next mission that comes along, in hopes I can make a difference. I'm sick of losing missions.
Oh and my shield doesn't work against all attacks. Including, I believe, the kind Quicksilver has (though to be honest I've not been paying perfect attention to that).
Old 10-10-2008, 09:19 PM   #2412
Beast
n00b

Quote:

Quote:
Oh and my shield doesn't work against all attacks. Including, I believe, the kind Quicksilver has (though to be honest I've not been paying perfect attention to that).

You do realize you contradict yourself here. You are expecting that Spiderman will be able to evade Quicksilver's attack, which means you are assuming it is a physical attack.

But then you state that you don't believe your shield would protect you from Quicksilver's attack, which means you are fearful that it would not be a physical attack.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #2413
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post
You do realize you contradict yourself here. You are expecting that Spiderman will be able to evade Quicksilver's attack, which means you are assuming it is a physical attack.

But then you state that you don't believe your shield would protect you from Quicksilver's attack, which means you are fearful that it would not be a physical attack.
That's not contradictory. Who is to say my shield works against physical attacks?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:22 PM   #2414
JeanGrey
Mascot

And let's not overlook the fact that I think SPIDERMAN is BAD for the village. I was just talking bad stuff about him BEFORE encouraging someone else to attack him. This seems like an important detail not to be lost.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #2415
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Jean also just siad moments before this:

"No joke. I was real pleased with the damage we did [Spiderman] yesterday and then today? Nada. I thought for sure we stood a chance of nailing him today."

So clearly another motive was the hope that if damage did go through it might finish him off.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:23 PM   #2416
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Indeed.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #2417
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Jean also just siad moments before this:

"No joke. I was real pleased with the damage we did [Spiderman] yesterday and then today? Nada. I thought for sure we stood a chance of nailing him today."

So clearly another motive was the hope that if damage did go through it might finish him off.
I do not deny that. Though I don't think that it's very likely we'd kill. Much more likely he might just be kept wounded.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:26 PM   #2418
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
And let's not overlook the fact that I think SPIDERMAN is BAD for the village. I was just talking bad stuff about him BEFORE encouraging someone else to attack him. This seems like an important detail not to be lost.

Can you clarify for me to make sure I understand what you are selling here?

Do you think Spiderman is bad as in evil, or do you think his lack of participation is bad for the village but he may or may not be bad?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #2419
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Can you clarify for me to make sure I understand what you are selling here?

Do you think Spiderman is bad as in evil, or do you think his lack of participation is bad for the village but he may or may not be bad?
B.

I think he might be bad. I think his lack of participation IS bad. Either way killing Spidey? Not so bad.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #2420
hoopsguy
General Manager

Today was a dark, depressing day for the forces of Doom. Not that there are a lot of cheery days while in servitude of this madman, but this one was particularly frustrating as it involved defeat at the hands of the rogue god Khonshu and the rebels.

Colossus bears the brunt of the frustration. The double-talking Russian with the secret agenda must be a rebel, right? Right? For the love of all things Doom, right??? The steel skin of Colossus is able to repel a number of the attacks, but not all of them. GhostRider's magical flame burns into his skin, DrDoom's mystic attack sears, him, and EmmaFrost's early morning attack is still rattling arond his skull. When Hulk brings the pain, it is all over for Piotr Rasputin.

JeanGrey finds herself under fire as well, but is able to shield off the brunt of the attacks with a telekinetic shield. She urges her attackers (Kang, NickFury, and SilverSurfer) to turn their attention elsewhere if they value all of your lives.

SilverSamurai buries his blade into Aardwolf, who bleeds profusely but is still standing.

A final review of the life and times of Colossus indicate that he was, sadly, another Apocalypse/Doom "loyalist". Not the most willing of the group, but still your ally nonetheless.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:29 PM   #2421
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
B.

I think he might be bad. I think his lack of participation IS bad. Either way killing Spidey? Not so bad.

Ok, I won't get all over your case then. If you were trying to say you feel he is evil, I was going to ask how you came to this assumption.. because so far he has done so little that I barely know he is even around much less have a read on him.

I know it is not a safe assumption, but generally a lack of interest such as that feels more like mailing it in and not really a sign of being evil.. but there obviously are exceptions to every rule.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:30 PM   #2422
Tyrith
College Starter

INTENDED DAMAGE:

Colossus - 25
Jean Grey - 5
Aardwolf - 3
Iron Fist - 2
Spiderman - 2
Scarlet Witch - 1
Silver Samurai - 1
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #2423
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Who I wonder will fit in the last piece of the puzzle about Spiderman?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #2424
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Gonna have to give Spidey a long look tomorrow, not feelin good about him, what do ya think Ghost?
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #2425
NickFury
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Who I wonder will fit in the last piece of the puzzle about Spiderman?

Perhaps he's the herald?
NickFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:31 PM   #2426
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Ok, I won't get all over your case then. If you were trying to say you feel he is evil, I was going to ask how you came to this assumption.. because so far he has done so little that I barely know he is even around much less have a read on him.

I know it is not a safe assumption, but generally a lack of interest such as that feels more like mailing it in and not really a sign of being evil.. but there obviously are exceptions to every rule.
And I think it's this prevailing assumption which lets players slip UTR. They point to someone else less active than they and say "See I'm not UTR." So I say, let's not offer refuge for those evils. Lack of participation gives us nothing to analyze.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #2427
Mimic
High School JV

Dammit! I don't understand why he had to aggravate Magneto. He also wasn't paying very good attention since he forgot the Torch nova blasted Kang.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:37 PM   #2428
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
INTENDED DAMAGE:

Jean Grey - 5

Hey Beast:

This is why I didn't want another attack coming my way. I was already taking the second most.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #2429
Magneto
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
A final review of the life and times of Colossus indicate that he was, sadly, another Apocalypse/Doom "loyalist". Not the most willing of the group, but still your ally nonetheless.

I can't believe this. I was 100 percent sure we had found one.
Magneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:51 PM   #2430
Colossus
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magneto View Post
I can't believe this. I was 100 percent sure we had found one.

*OOC - Of course you were. Like many people You latch onto anything you see amiss and you kill it without weighing the possibility that there was a REASON for the at. I lied on day 1 for a REASON. Too bad Y'all are too paranoid to accept the fact that I was right all along

Good luck.

Piotr Rasputin
Colossus
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #2431
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

I believed Colossus was our best shot as well, ugh. I understand Jean's Spiderman argument but he does count towards are numbers IF he is good so isn't in our best interest to keep him around to boost our count?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #2432
GhostRider
H.S. Freshman Team

are=our I'm going retarded whenever my skull glows. Maybe all the glowing and fire is causing a tumor.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:06 PM   #2433
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

A long dark night awaits us. Doom will ponder in his castle the treachery among his subjects. When the sun arises again we will root it out.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:07 PM   #2434
Punisher
High School JV

Was I ever ordered to protect someone else?
Old 10-10-2008, 10:57 PM   #2435
Punisher
High School JV

Got awfully quiet around here. Maybe I need to bang a few more heads.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:01 PM   #2436
Punisher
High School JV

I'm crashing. Night all.
Old 10-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #2437
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFury View Post
Gonna have to give Spidey a long look tomorrow, not feelin good about him, what do ya think Ghost?

I can't quite put my finger on why, but this post just strikes me as very very strange.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:24 PM   #2438
SilverSurfer
Mascot

There is a shimmer in the atmosphere tonight. I know Galactus, and I know this sign as his. I sense he is hurt -- far more than we thought. We may be close to victory against him. I sense the opposite for the rebels.

I wish to lead the next Galactus mission.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 11:44 PM   #2439
Aardwolf
n00b

That was not an expected result. I was unfortunately detained so I could not change my attack, which would have been to hit and run QuickSilver who did nothing to help in the rebel mission.

I am a little curious about Samurai again as he attacked me based on an early statement being the justification. I will assume that he did not see my later statement about not knowing the back-pedalling of collossus about the day one attack amount which made me need to reconsider my stands on the Samurai. There is only one things my instincts are certain of and that is QuickSilver. His vote today again starts with a hit and run, then attempts a quick justification for it when called out but immediately changes off me once Samurai attacks me.
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:02 AM   #2440
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aardwolf View Post
That was not an expected result. I was unfortunately detained so I could not change my attack, which would have been to hit and run QuickSilver who did nothing to help in the rebel mission.

I am a little curious about Samurai again as he attacked me based on an early statement being the justification. I will assume that he did not see my later statement about not knowing the back-pedalling of collossus about the day one attack amount which made me need to reconsider my stands on the Samurai. There is only one things my instincts are certain of and that is QuickSilver. His vote today again starts with a hit and run, then attempts a quick justification for it when called out but immediately changes off me once Samurai attacks me.

Ah, if that's the case, I am sorry I carried forward with the attack (although, to be fair, it was the third attack on me by you, so I can't be too sorry). As you surmined, I did not read the later post, or much of anything, short on time as I was. I am planning to catch up a lot this weekend.

I am glad to see you at least see the error of your ways.
SilverSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:21 AM   #2441
Firebird
n00b

Hello all, I am in a hotel now and had no internet last night or today until now. Sorry, let me get caught up over the last bunch of pages and find out what is what
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 12:35 AM   #2442
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
I cannot. I am unsure what to make of the entire situation. Firstly I was not aware that Firebird had any telepathic sense which made me suspicious of her initial reveal, containing as it did, a large element of uncertainty. Add to the fact that Firebird had already been on missions both day one and two - it seemed to me that her searching for the sense of unease would require a special action (unavailable to her due to her participation in missions), although clearly I could be, and probably am, wrong about that.

I certainly didn't expect Kurt to back the story up in this way. There remains the question of why he did not mention it before. I see no good reason why "waiting to figure it out" himself would provide any benefit for the greater good as, if we are to believe him, he risks being controlled against his will without informing us of his predicament. I am astonished that he would not mention this as not to do so could result in him attacking someone and then, in turn, being killed for his actions.

However a telepath is named so all my reasoning here can be portrayed as me trying to cover my tracks. I can't help that, my doubts about this remain.

I am not telepathic, but I do get visions and precognitive views from time to time, but i have to focus and meditate to get them.
Old 10-11-2008, 12:42 AM   #2443
Firebird
n00b

ooc I beleive that the Super Skrull was not on our side but wanted to kill Galactus as a win condition. In comics, big G destroyed the Skrull homewolrd and SS would want all kinds of revenge.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:26 AM   #2444
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
The rule under Doom - meet the new boss, same as the old boss? Opinions differ amongst the subjects, as Doom and his new Prelates initiate a flurry of activity. However, as the day comes to a close, it is Nightcrawler who draws the most suspicion.

"Something is amiss with Nightcrawler" says Firebird, and the rout is on. Nearly half of the heroes decide that this is all the evidence they require to unearth a traitor. After a few protestations of innocence, Nightcrawler begins to teleport rapidly, avoiding attacks from Firebird, Quicksilver, and GhostRider. However, he is eventually felled by the punch from the rubbery Mr. Fantastic. He gasps, spits up blood, and utters his final words.

"Sorry ... (cough) ... (indecipherable) -king"

The other monumentous event is the eruption of the being now known as the SuperSkrull in front of Kang the Conqueror. The torrent of white-hot flame immediately melts through his defenses and leaves the future warlord howling in agony. Eventually the flames die down, leaving him very badly burned ... in a great deal of pain ... but still alive.

Scarlet Witch draws the ire of Doom, SilverSurfer, and Beast near the end of the day. Her hex defenses are enough to stave off Doom, but the Surfer and Beast lay into her and knock her unconscious. Mimic and Magneto intercede on her behalf, asking that she be spared to help save the world in the coming days. It is clear that she is not trusted, but she lives into the night.

My best guess is that he is referring to Shadow King, a character in Marvel comics.
Old 10-11-2008, 01:29 AM   #2445
Firebird
n00b

Sems I am not th eonly one to think so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
Is it possible he is referring to the Shadow King? It is from the age of apocalypse. The Shadow King telepathically probed peoples minds and was known to possess the minds of people. One thing about the Shadow King, he jumped from person to person.

In the storyline, Nightcrawler actually came up with the plan to stop the Shadow King.

Here is a link:

Shadow King (Age of Apocalypse) - Marvel Universe: The definitive online source for Marvel super hero bios.
Old 10-11-2008, 02:03 AM   #2446
Firebird
n00b

Wow it honestly took me that long just to get caught up. Jeez
Old 10-11-2008, 06:02 AM   #2447
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Okay, I see Frank Castle did a little more...
Frank Castle's dead. They call me The Punisher.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:22 AM   #2448
Punisher
High School JV

I wonder if a telepath couldn't change the perception of what really happened on these missions...essentially making it look like they did something to the others, when in reality they were just sabotaging the mission.

I believe we have to look at those on the Egypt mission. The rebellion clearly had reason to sabotage that mission. Aardwolf disobeyed Doom and went on that mission as well. We shouldn't just dwell on that, though. Doom may have placed the others in that group, but that could mean we were just unlucky in the selection of a rebel.

Personally, I'm concerned about Aardwolf, Quicksilver, and Mimic.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:38 AM   #2449
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
*OOC - Of course you were. Like many people You latch onto anything you see amiss and you kill it without weighing the possibility that there was a REASON for the at. I lied on day 1 for a REASON. Too bad Y'all are too paranoid to accept the fact that I was right all along

Good luck.

Piotr Rasputin
Colossus

*Anguished Mental Cry*

You ... you hulking imbecile!
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:25 AM   #2450
JeanGrey
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I wonder if a telepath couldn't change the perception of what really happened on these missions...essentially making it look like they did something to the others, when in reality they were just sabotaging the mission.

I believe we have to look at those on the Egypt mission. The rebellion clearly had reason to sabotage that mission. Aardwolf disobeyed Doom and went on that mission as well. We shouldn't just dwell on that, though. Doom may have placed the others in that group, but that could mean we were just unlucky in the selection of a rebel.

Personally, I'm concerned about Aardwolf, Quicksilver, and Mimic.
I get the sense from the rules and from my own mission, that if there is a traitor on the mission it's less likely that they take away from the mission, as that seems like it would be reported, and more likely that they would be contributing the minimum amount.