12) Hoopsguy - 9 Hades
13) Path12 - 1 Cronus
14) Anxiety - 12 Ares
15) Ardent_Enthusiast - 3 Atlas
16) Racer - 4 Hyperion
17) DaddyTorgo - 10 Poseidon
18) Raiders Army - 18 Apollo
19) Schmidty - 19 Minotaur

I got alot of PMs from people commenting about things they really liked, and then other PMs from other people commenting on the very same things stating they didn't like them It seems like a few of the game mechanics or roles were very polarizing, but the one thing I do appreciate is that no one let it become the center or focus of the game. Everyone for the most part expressed their approval or disapproval in private.. and I would encourage people to speak more about that now in the post game.

One of the very common comments was about various powers being overpowered.. but that was part of the purpose of alot of the abilities.. At what point are things overpowered, when alot of people on both sides are overpowered? There were some very very powerful roles in this game for both sides, but there were alot of counters for roles out there too.. Heracles countering Atlas, Coeus countering Apollo, various roles being able to manipulate other people's actions, etc...

There were some very fun nights, including one night where Cronin almost blocked the night kill but changed it with like 5 minutes to spare.. On the flip side some of the cooler roles really had a hard time getting anything going (such as Hades being incapacitated for over half of the game, or the bodyguard getting people messing with him for half of the game)..

I'm open for comments or questions from people too
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:24 PM   #2402
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

OMG....how great was my game this time around? OMG
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:24 PM   #2403
Telle
College Starter

Well I needed the vote on you Anxiety (since I didn't have a prayer of getting it on Neon or DT).. and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have convinced you to vote for yourself
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:24 PM   #2404
st.cronin
General Manager

I was around. I don't think you could have moved me - Chief could have convinced me to vote for somebody else (most likely him) if he had posted anything, but not you.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:25 PM   #2405
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
The early sun thing was brillant. Its nice to know that i HAVEN"T seen it all yet

I actually had the ability to make the sun set at 4 pm once during the game at the expense of being outed as the person doing it.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #2406
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
So was anyone even around in the last hour? Would I have even had an opportunity to try and plead my case and swing the vote if I had let my son stay up way too late instead of spending the hour putting him to bed?

No, you wouldn't have been able to change anything.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #2407
st.cronin
General Manager

What was up with RA's scans, anyway?

knives out
Old 10-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #2408
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Oh, and Raiders Army is officially the worst seer ever. Im surprised we even won this game with him false pointing to titans twice and clearing a titan.

When he scanned me, his Oracle became clouded and thus gave him false readings. And this was a hidden ability.. I didn't know it would happen until it did.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #2409
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I was on teh block a lot this game, and I'm amazed that I am still standing at the end. Thanks to my fellow olympians for never doing me in, and to my vote bouncing power as well, at full 4 ap bounce.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #2410
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh, and Raiders Army is officially the worst seer ever. Im surprised we even won this game with him false pointing to titans twice and clearing a titan.

That was Coeus affecting him. Alot of the roles had abilities that specifically targeted other players. For instance if the Minotaur or Medusa had targeted Cronus (Path) accidentally with their action, they would not have become a titan, but would have gained PM communications with them. Likewise if Apollo scanned Coeus, his vision would go dark and all scans would come reverse for the rest of the game. He also would receive a darker and darker PM message each time regardless of who he scanned to give him the idea that something was wrong (but not spelling it out for him.. so he had to interpret it).. it started with the scan of Telle where he was told she appeared as an Olympian, but he felt sick.. then Lathum he was told of something dark and sinister and Lathum was a Titan, etc...

If Raiders had been kept alive longer, he would have gotten worse and worse to the point of having visions of his own death, etc.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:26 PM   #2411
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKKKK YEAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2007, 09:27 PM   #2412
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

*High Five DT*

We kicked ass this game.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:28 PM   #2413
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Who did the early deadline, and what were the rules about that?

Hyperion (Racer) had the ability to manipulate time with his AP.. only 10-40 minutes each day if he chose, but its one of those things that once it was used once, people would expect it and it would lose it's potency most likely.. also if used wrong it could have been disasterous for the Titans. He also had the ability to one time per game have the day end anytime after 4pm EST, but it would announce him using the power as Hyperion and have given him away (similar to a power Barkeep had as the Duke which would have revealed him as Zeus to everyone)
Old 10-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #2414
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

telle - you wouldn't have had a chance with me once I made up my mind around 8pm.

but FYI...for your first game (that I can recall) as a wolf, you played out of your mind...wonderful
Old 10-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #2415
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Day 1:

Path = Lynched
Neon = petrified
Barkeep = scanned by PurdueBrad/ scanned by Raiders Army
Lathum = Force to use action on barkeep / Blocked from actions by Cronin
Passacaglia = intoxicated by ntndeacon/ killed by Racer
Ardent = protected by himself
Hoopsguy = kidnapped by Schmidty

Day 2:

Ntndeacon = lynched
Chief Rum = nullified by Triton
Schmidty = nullified by Triton
DaddyTorgo = scanned by PurdueBrad
Barkeep = blocked by Cronin/ killed by Ardent
Lathum = protects himself
Anxiety = fails to force hoopsguy
Telle = Scanned by Raiders (immune)

Day 3:

Anxiety - Seduced by Cronin to protect him
Lathum - forced to use protect action on himself
Render - killed by Ardent

Day 4:

Cronin = Entices Lathum to protect him
Lathum = guards Cronin
Chief = petrifies purduebrad
Telle - Scan block Chief RUm
Anxiety - forces Chief Rum to use power on Hoopsguy
Racer - kill Hoopsguy
Hoopsguy - petrified/dead
Raiders Army - Scan Lathum

Day 5:

Lathum - dies by the lynch
Chief RUm - petrified
Purdue Brad - killed by Telle
St.cronin - blocks DT's vote/action
Arlingtoncolt - penalized for no vote / scanned by RA
Telle - kills Purduebrad
Anxiety - forced Telle's vote
Raiders Army - Scans Arlingtoncolt
Old 10-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #2416
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Hyperion (Racer) had the ability to manipulate time with his AP.. only 10-40 minutes each day if he chose, but its one of those things that once it was used once, people would expect it and it would lose it's potency most likely.. also if used wrong it could have been disasterous for the Titans. He also had the ability to one time per game have the day end anytime after 4pm EST, but it would announce him using the power as Hyperion and have given him away (similar to a power Barkeep had as the Duke which would have revealed him as Zeus to everyone)

Almost was. I seriously thought I was lynched that day. He sent in his PM but then wasn't around to make sure none of us were on the chopping block and have the chance to cancel it.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:32 PM   #2417
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Telle - I just came back from dinner. And, I don't know... if you had made a serious case, I would have probably moved my votes.

I basically thought that if it RA's scans started screwing up after scanning you, I felt that you were probably a bad guy.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:33 PM   #2418
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

It would have taken alot for Telle to not be lynched. Anxiety had forced Telle to vote for herself, and Cronin had nullified Chief Rum's votes.. Basically Anxiety got 0 votes as it was.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:33 PM   #2419
st.cronin
General Manager

How did Chief become petrified?

knives out
Old 10-30-2007, 09:34 PM   #2420
Telle
College Starter

When Apollo scanned me I was told that he did, that I showed as an Olympian, that the Oracle would now be clouded and give false results, and that he would know that something wasn't right with the scan. So I immediately started on working on a story.. and came up with the medicine/drugs/vision thing. I figured I could try and make a case that him scanning me when I was high on the vision drugs messed him up.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:35 PM   #2421
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Alan T, care explaining how Anxiety's powers didn't work on me?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:35 PM   #2422
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Telle, when I vouched for you, did you think I was Achilles then?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:36 PM   #2423
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of votes, Path's death on day 1 was by one AP.. and Telle didn't submit a PM that day so only had 1 AP used for a vote. a Simple 4 vote AP pm and instead of Path dying, it would have been Barkeep (Zeus).. To balance that bad luck for the bad guys out, they got Passacaglia day one whom had a more powerful role than Apollo.. As Athena he was the Soothsayer, and could scan up to 8 words a day (every day). It was limited by AP however 1 AP = 2 words, 2 AP = 4 words, etc.. and there were some very tight restrictions on what or how he could scan..

Some balances in the game.. the bad guys all were given a hint that a soothsayer was in the game by a statement from me at the start that they should be careful of their words to speak the truth. (It didn't stop them from making alot of lies though in the game). Also the bad guys did start with the full list of what roles were in the game to prevent a mass reveal plan.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:36 PM   #2424
Telle
College Starter

No I thought you were Apollo.. until Raiders said he was Apollo and then I figured you had to be Achilles.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:37 PM   #2425
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
How did Chief become petrified?

He asked if he could petrify himself.. After thinking about it some, in Clash of the Titans medusa petrifies herself by seeing herself on the reflection from Perseus' shield.. so I decided it was a creative play and to let him. He looked into a puddle of water and petrified himself from that.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:38 PM   #2426
Telle
College Starter

Gah! I swear I DID submit a PM and put one extra vote to help path.. but then when I went and looked through my submitted PMs later it wasn't there. I still don't know what the hell I did.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:38 PM   #2427
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Alan T, care explaining how Anxiety's powers didn't work on me?

Your initial PM clearly said that your power was usable on yourself. There was no action for Anxiety to force you to use on someone else. In cases like that, it came back as a non-action.. Anxiety was told he focused on it, but nothing ever happened and you received no PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:40 PM   #2428
st.cronin
General Manager

I think this was my best game as a villager, although I was actually pretty confused for most of the game.

knives out
Old 10-30-2007, 09:40 PM   #2429
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Telle, when I vouched for you, did you think I was Achilles then?

One of the thoughts I had with your role.. (You were a human whom the bad guys didnt care about killing, and no ability to protect anyone other than yourself) was the possibility to false reveal as a more powerful olympian instead to try to lure them to night kill you.

That didn't happen this game, but for a while I thought you might try to fake reveal as Poseidon to try to use your power to its fullest
Old 10-30-2007, 09:42 PM   #2430
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I actually had it set in my mind that Chief Rum was bad just about before he turned into stone.

He flubbed his reveal.

Hecatonchires
----
Briareus (The Vigorous)
Cottus (The furious)
Gyes (The Big limbed)

Hecatonchires were the classification of giants... the names underneath would be the name of the giant he should have revealed as. I thought he was a Titan.

But then DT came out and said he was probably Medusa, so I went with the one guy who was basically with me every step of the way the entire game.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:45 PM   #2431
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
One of the thoughts I had with your role.. (You were a human whom the bad guys didnt care about killing, and no ability to protect anyone other than yourself) was the possibility to false reveal as a more powerful olympian instead to try to lure them to night kill you.

That didn't happen this game, but for a while I thought you might try to fake reveal as Poseidon to try to use your power to its fullest

I thought about it. Dropped the hint about the fishies. But then hoops was all over my case. I nixed it.

I did have hoops down as Hades on day 1... I thought he used the helmet of invisibility. Even left him a "so, how was the river Styx?" message on AIM. I figured if pushed hoops enough to create some friction, the Titans would leave him alone... of course, the Titans kills him that very night.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:47 PM   #2432
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I thought about it. Dropped the hint about the fishies. But then hoops was all over my case. I nixed it.

I did have hoops down as Hades on day 1... I thought he used the helmet of invisibility. Even left him a "so, how was the river Styx?" message on AIM. I figured if pushed hoops enough to create some friction, the Titans would leave him alone... of course, the Titans kills him that very night.

I felt bad for Hoops.. I liked the Hades role more than I think he did.. Hades had the ability to communicate with the dead every day. Ie: your Seer dies before giving a trust list, Hades could talk to him the following day only to get that information from him. THis game Hoops was kept in check alot of it though due to being stone one day, penalized one day thanks to Hyperion and then dead. Such ashame I thought!
Old 10-30-2007, 09:49 PM   #2433
st.cronin
General Manager

This was my role pm:

Quote:
You are the beautiful Aphrodite, one of the Olympians. Your victory lies with the other Olympians and must defeat the TItans to acheive the win.

Aphrodite - Each day you may use your beauty to distract another player from their actions. You have the following options each day for your action:

-Seduce a vote from another player to be used as you wish.
-Seduce protection from another player if their role has an action that allows them to protect you.
-Distract them for the day, preventing them from using their role/action (including their vote.)

In each case, you must use as many action points as the player you are targeting in order to be successful in your seduction. Regardless of failure or success, they will find out who seduced/tried to seduce them.

I pointed out to Alan, I actually have this same ability in real life!

knives out
Old 10-30-2007, 09:51 PM   #2434
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I was frustrated. I wanted to be a quiet villager. Instead, I was a bad guy. I thought I'd just be a quiet bad guy, willing to just...die, without talking.

But then path died. I couldn't leave the squad with essentially just two members...so I tried to take a more active role.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:51 PM   #2435
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

But I loved the fact that I couldn't be night-killed (if i used 4 points), and I could play as "out there" as I could without holding my cards close to my chest... since if i got lynched, it wouldn't be much a blow to the Olympians.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:52 PM   #2436
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yay Olympians and good try Titans! T'was fun to sit back and try to figure it out without all the stress of participating.

Interesting enough the one Titan I was dead sure of was the last one you got-Telle. Suspicious of her from day 1 when she was the last to vote-knew the Titans would try to save Path unlike a regular day 1 since there was different rules in place there. I wasn't really buying her potions power description, and then how it conveniently gave the good guys no information after a while. Thought the biggest tip off was RA's "sickly" view of her and then subsequent misdirected views. Plus Render was suspicious of her. But wanted to say good job Telle you fooled them for a long time.

To balance that good sleuthing though, I was pretty certain Lathum was a Titan too given his late vote on day 1 and call to not vote Path out on that day. And the fact that the Titans didn't take him out. Was suspicious of Cronin because he was supporting Lathum. Ardent was a surprise, as was his activity on the day he was lynched. Was somewhat suspicious of Racer, and his death before deadline had to be my favorite moment from the game. Kudos to DT for the great play there. Then seeing the reactions of all the players to the early deadline. That'll teach ya to hold onto your votes now.

Great job Alan with the theme and moderating what had to be a challenging game at times with all those powers. Guess I'll have to play a game now since I hung out for this one.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:52 PM   #2437
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Question:

Why did Chief Rum sell Racer up the river? Or was that a gross mistake of him not knowing who Racer was?
Old 10-30-2007, 09:54 PM   #2438
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Question:

Why did Chief Rum sell Racer up the river? Or was that a gross mistake of him not knowing who Racer was?

I have no idea. I don't think he was told who the Titans were though and we weren't told who he was. He must have been given the master list of roles though.

Last edited by Racer : 10-30-2007 at 09:54 PM.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:54 PM   #2439
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Question:

I was wondering the same thing. Chief won with the Titans... When i saw that play, I really had no idea what he was doing.. since I felt both Racer and Telle had some trust and were in the driver seat there.. I would be curious to hear Chief's insight on that one
Old 10-30-2007, 09:55 PM   #2440
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I have no idea. I don't think he was told who the Titans were though and we weren't told who he was. He must have been given the master list of roles though.

He was given the same list you were.. so he did know Odysseus was not in the game.. and I would have to have assumed that he would have known from the Ardent vs Racer show down over Odysseus your side... I think this is something only Chief can answer
Old 10-30-2007, 09:55 PM   #2441
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I decided that it was a better move to keep Racer and his ability in the game rather than my own. The double reveal was a plan racer and I came up with to try and provide some separation.

I have no clue why CR did what he did, considering in the end he lost.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:56 PM   #2442
Telle
College Starter

Yeah when I learned that he was a monster I was just going to leave him be figuring he might be trying to help us.. but then when he outed Racer I had to jump on him to discredit him in hopes that people would then ignore what he said.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:57 PM   #2443
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I decided that it was a better move to keep Racer and his ability in the game rather than my own. The double reveal was a plan racer and I came up with to try and provide some separation.

I have no clue why CR did what he did, considering in the end he lost.

Your role would have been pretty valuable if you had blocked Aphrodite or a kill attempt from DT.. or if a weapon had entered the game giving someone a kill ability. It would have given you a block, plus possibly some trust if you were viewed as a bodyguard
Old 10-30-2007, 09:58 PM   #2444
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

*dead horse beating*

ArlingtonColt

Old 10-30-2007, 09:58 PM   #2445
Poli
FOFC Survivor

We thought of doing a nightkill/block combo...with me not being able to see my attacker...but that fell to the side with Path.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:59 PM   #2446
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I think this was pretty much my best villager game ever.

from putting my 5 on path on d1, to sniffing out ardent and throwing a ton of evidence out there against him and somewhat leading that, to taking a shot at racer (which btw I agonized on all day between racer and anxiety...ask alan how many times I switched before coming to a decision), to finally puzzling out the whole telle-thing at a couple various points (i think I had a post last night / this AM that basically said the same thing I said at the end when I voted).

i'm honestly surprised that the titan's didn't knock me off earlier when there were few roles left and I had already started to garner a lot of trust.

especially considering that I had 4 days worth of pretty powerful powers to use and I didn't really put any effort into a fake reveal

but still...telle...hell of a game there at the end. You had me really digging and wracking my brain to try to figure it out.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:59 PM   #2447
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Your role would have been pretty valuable if you had blocked Aphrodite or a kill attempt from DT.. or if a weapon had entered the game giving someone a kill ability. It would have given you a block, plus possibly some trust if you were viewed as a bodyguard

If st.cronin had tried to use him to guard himself, would he have shown as a bodyguard?
Old 10-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #2448
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That sniff was lame. You'd have been wrong in any other game as I would have said the exact same thing.

But then again, I'm sure we'd never hear about you sniffing out a villager.

Last edited by Poli : 10-30-2007 at 10:00 PM.
Poli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 10:00 PM   #2449
Telle
College Starter

Well we were trying to find Poseidon.. and I didn't realize that you were him until close to the end when EVERYBODY did, and so then I had to worry about you being guarded.
Old 10-30-2007, 10:02 PM   #2450
Telle
College Starter

And thanks.. but it's hard not to just feel like I failed, since we lost and all.