Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-21-2023, 10:12 PM   #24901
miami_fan
Coordinator

Who knew getting sloppy drunk at your son's sports senior night to the point that you can't walk on the field with him during the post game ceremony was a bad idea?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2023, 10:30 PM   #24902
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
From my desktop, if I go to youtube and scroll down through the initial feed I will eventually find a Shorts section and the innocuous looking X to the right will remove shorts for 30 days, but it's not obvious unless you hover over it:

That's the X. And I didn't notice it until I was tired of seeing Shorts, saw the X, and thought it would just close it for the current session. Never expected 30 days.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 07:28 AM   #24903
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
From my desktop, if I go to youtube and scroll down through the initial feed I will eventually find a Shorts section and the innocuous looking X to the right will remove shorts for 30 days, but it's not obvious unless you hover over it:

Thanks for this, worked for my PC but did not translate to my TV (same YT email account).

Any idea how to do similar on an Android TV? I've looked but haven't found a way to turn off shorts. I don't have YT Premium.
Edward64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 11:17 AM   #24904
jcard
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
I heard a young woman tell a bartender this is the first time she's been south of the Equator.

We're in the Dominican Republic...

I was telling a woman about the jet lag (desynchronosis) that I experienced traveling across time zones to and from South Korea. She replied that the same thing happened to her… flying to Florida… from Rhode Island…
jcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 11:56 AM   #24905
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I heard a young woman tell a bartender this is the first time she's been south of the Equator.

We're in the Dominican Republic...

Maybe she’s from Australia or Argentina?

stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 05:17 PM   #24906
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

My life in 2023:
Get somewhat excited by the random discovery of a new venue for music, with a couple of interesting acts booked for later in the year

Do some research, discover that it's one of those "table venues"

Lose all enthusiasm and interest in said shows.

I may have a higher bar for who I'll go see these days based on the physical demands of standing around for 3-4 hours ... but better that than sitting on my ass like I'm at a supper club waiting on the pot roast to arrive. I can sit on my ass with no energy at home, save both the gas and the cash.
Old 04-22-2023, 05:30 PM   #24907
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
My life in 2023:
Get somewhat excited by the random discovery of a new venue for music, with a couple of interesting acts booked for later in the year

Do some research, discover that it's one of those "table venues"

Lose all enthusiasm and interest in said shows.

I may have a higher bar for who I'll go see these days based on the physical demands of standing around for 3-4 hours ... but better that than sitting on my ass like I'm at a supper club waiting on the pot roast to arrive. I can sit on my ass with no energy at home, save both the gas and the cash.

There are a couple of places like that out here in Northern Cali, The Blue Note and Yoshi's. You can eat and watch the show. Depending on the artist, it's a great way to hear them in an intimate setting. The shows my wife and I have been to have been great. We've even been able to get photos with them since they had to walk through the audience to get to their dressing room.

It's not something I would do for every artist, but for some, it's a much better way to enjoy them live over a larger venue.
Old 04-22-2023, 06:33 PM   #24908
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
It's not something I would do for every artist, but for some, it's a much better way to enjoy them live over a larger venue.

I'm sure there's niches where it's fine, but a) rock acts ain't one, and b) neither Rehab nor Bubba Sparxx are on the list either
Old 04-22-2023, 07:44 PM   #24909
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
I'm sure there's niches where it's fine, but a) rock acts ain't one, and b) neither Rehab nor Bubba Sparxx are on the list either

Oh yeah, this is more jazz/neo soul/smooth r&b. I wouldn't want to see anything too high energy in a small place like that.
Old 04-22-2023, 08:29 PM   #24910
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
I have had poutine, and I will never be the same again.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk

What's not to like? It's fries plus cheese topped with gravy. The only upset is that it's from Quebec and not south of the Mason-Dixon line.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 10:10 PM   #24911
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Yeah, makes no sense for rock, but a lot of great jazz venues (e.g. Green Mill here in Chicago) are basically bars/clubs with tables.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 10:49 PM   #24912
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

SI, I just never have had it. Now that I have, I am going to seek it out. Holy crap, that was cravable.
On a other note, did my first Korean BBQ place tonight for my birthday. Now that has also become a high end cravable place. Wow, that was amazingly good.

GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2023, 11:35 PM   #24913
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Yeah, makes no sense for rock, but a lot of great jazz venues (e.g. Green Mill here in Chicago) are basically bars/clubs with tables.

Oh absolutely, it ain't tables I take issue with lol.

It's putting anything I'd sit through in one of those venues that disturbs me greatly.

It's ... it's just not a match.
Old 04-23-2023, 08:10 AM   #24914
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I recently went through that kind of awkward concert (I guess show?) experience when the wife and I went to see John Waite at a beautiful theatre in Cincy. We were probably 2 of the youngest people there. Everyone sat during the entire show except for a couple of women 6 rows back dead center who looked like they were reliving their groupie years. It was uncomfortable, honestly. Good show but I felt like I was watching a stand-up comedian's set.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 09:29 AM   #24915
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
On a other note, did my first Korean BBQ place tonight for my birthday. Now that has also become a high end cravable place. Wow, that was amazingly good.

That was something me & the kid did just before he headed back to Miami. First time for both of us too (though Lord knows we've watched enough YouTubers do it) and it is on the list as a high(er) end must do when he comes home in May.

So, yeah, basically same reaction you had.

I will say this about it, the price sure varies crazily by location. You can eat REALLY good at one here in Athens for around $30/person. In Miami you ain't getting out for less than $75/person.

edit to add: In case you happen to find yourself in this neck of the woods, D92 is the good K-bbq here. Lunch just $27 (no shrimp at lunch), "regular" dinner is $30 (13 meats/seafood to choose, ayce of course), "premium" is $35 (adds sliced ribeye & jumuluk). Compared to the prices when I was in FL, it feels like a steal.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-23-2023 at 09:48 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 11:53 AM   #24916
GrantDawg

Thanks for the info. There is one about to open in Conyers. It seems to be a chain called "Iron Age". $29 regularly and $22 for lunch Monday,-Thursday.
Where we ate Sarurday was "Breakers" which was also a chain, and was fantastic. It was $39 a person.

Old 04-23-2023, 12:19 PM   #24917
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Korean beef is really easy to make. There’s like a zillion sauces available now if you want an even easier experience.
Old 04-23-2023, 01:20 PM   #24918
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I recently went through that kind of awkward concert (I guess show?) experience when the wife and I went to see John Waite at a beautiful theatre in Cincy. We were probably 2 of the youngest people there. Everyone sat during the entire show except for a couple of women 6 rows back dead center who looked like they were reliving their groupie years. It was uncomfortable, honestly. Good show but I felt like I was watching a stand-up comedian's set.

I didn't know Missing You was sung by a man until 2 years ago. I always thought it was a Melissa Etheridge type artist.

Going to see Kenny Loggins at a nice theater for his farewell tour. I actually prefer sit down style concerts. Never really been a big concert dancing/singing kind of guy. I just like to watch people make music.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 01:26 PM   #24919
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Korean beef is really easy to make. There’s like a zillion sauces available now if you want an even easier experience.
I really like the social aspects of the restaurant. I do want to look into recreating some of the flavors at home, but I don't think that will be a substitute of the dining experience. Also, at least around here there is no real easy substitute for the Korean condiments. I would frequent a restaurant if that was all you got.
Old 04-23-2023, 01:59 PM   #24920
tarcone
Coordinator

Shits stabilizing. Had a coming to Jesus moment and realized she is killig me and to forget her. Havent forogotten she is the moth of my children, but ptherwise she is dead to me. Whew. No w in process of looking to move.

Inwant a 55+ communty that is social. need that. Money is my struggle right now. Fucking economy.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 03:04 PM   #24921
Ksyrup

Quote:
I didn't know Missing You was sung by a man until 2 years ago. I always thought it was a Melissa Etheridge type artist.

Going to see Kenny Loggins at a nice theater for his farewell tour. I actually prefer sit down style concerts. Never really been a big concert dancing/singing kind of guy. I just like to watch people make music.

I've always loved John Waite's voice. I was huge Babys fan in the early 80s (after they broke up, but I was like 9 years old). Didn't care for Bad English, which was essentially a Babys reunion plus Neal Schon, but his post-80s output has been pretty good. Singer/songwriter type of stuff. He recently put out a documentary called The Hard Way that was filmed during the pandemic. He pretty much hates the music industry and the people in it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-23-2023, 03:13 PM   #24922
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Inwant a 55+ communty that is social. need that. Money is my struggle right now. Fucking economy.

If you end up at The Villages in Lakeland, don't forget your penicillin !!

Last edited by Edward64 : 04-23-2023 at 03:14 PM.
Old 04-23-2023, 07:19 PM   #24923
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

OK, why are there no cities right on the coast between San Francisco & Seattle?
Old 04-23-2023, 07:32 PM   #24924
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
OK, why are there no cities right on the coast between San Francisco & Seattle?

there were and then they sank during the merfolk invasion of '77
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 07:35 PM   #24925
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Always this.

Damn filthy merfolk.
Old 04-23-2023, 09:01 PM   #24926
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

I had completely forgotten about that. Thank you.
Old 04-23-2023, 10:10 PM   #24927
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
If you end up at The Villages in Lakeland, don't forget your penicillin !!

More hype than substance as it turns out. Urban Legend stuff primarily.
Old 04-24-2023, 07:04 AM   #24928
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
That's the X. And I didn't notice it until I was tired of seeing Shorts, saw the X, and thought it would just close it for the current session. Never expected 30 days.

SO this morning that section showed up but the wording of the X text has me doubting it'll help my gripe

Quote:
Shelf will be hidden for 30 days

By "shelf" I assume they mean that section in the recommended. My gripe is my subscriptions feed being flooded with the damned useless things

But, hey, you tried and I appreciate it
Old 04-24-2023, 07:28 AM   #24929
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Following up on my Hardee's closures post from last week. Looks like the body count in Georgia is at least 14 locations (which joins at least two others that closed last year)

But also on the DL "temporarily" is the BK in the Athens suburb of Watkinsville. It was mostly notable for 2 things: 1) the worst ingress/egress design layout I'd ever seen for any restaurant. Even worse than CFA building on postage stamp sized lots. It was a wreck waiting for a place to happen. local law enforcement protested the design to no avail

And 2) having the longest running severe short staff problem I'd ever seen anywhere. It's kind of a pity. It was really the only BK in the area that didn't feel like it was staffed by Tyrone Biggum's friends & family ... which, come to think of it, actually having some hiring standards might be why it was perpetually shortstaffed.
Old 04-27-2023, 11:38 AM   #24930
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

This is a crazy story about a local guy who raped two women on golf courses on different occasions, once in Michigan in 1999 and once in Pennsylvania in 2000, and had gotten away with it for over 20 years before finally getting caught due his DNA being sent to a genealogy company and the cops retrieving a used coffee cup of his to confirm the match.

He's the CEO of a construction company, has a wife and three kids and lives in a very affluent neighborhood. We, also, have one mutual Facebook friend (his Facebook page remains open to the public) who I know through my sister-in-law.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...es-m-rcna81157
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 11:40 AM   #24931
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Did he meet his wife while golfing?
Old 04-27-2023, 11:45 AM   #24932
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
This is a crazy story about a local guy who raped two women on golf courses on different occasions, once in Michigan in 1999 and once in Pennsylvania in 2000, and had gotten away with it for over 20 years before finally getting caught due his DNA being sent to a genealogy company and the cops retrieving a used coffee cup of his to confirm the match.

He's the CEO of a construction company, has a wife and three kids and lives in a very affluent neighborhood. We, also, have one mutual Facebook friend (his Facebook page remains open to the public) who I know through my sister-in-law.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...es-m-rcna81157

Glad I'm not the only one who enjoys finding distant social media connections with disgraced and notorious local offenders.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 11:57 AM   #24933
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

That is a crazy and horrible story. How many other women did he victimize?

I wonder how all this stuff holds up in court (Molson maybe knows).
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 12:00 PM   #24934
stevew
Hall Of Famer

“The Avid Golfer” is def a limited show I would binge in one setting.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:10 PM   #24935
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

"The Avid Golfer- From a hole in one to one in a hole, Sundays at 8PM on TNT"
Old 04-27-2023, 12:19 PM   #24936
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Following up on my Hardee's closures post from last week. Looks like the body count in Georgia is at least 14 locations (which joins at least two others that closed last year)

... and in other news, the Whataburger is here!

Wife and I talked about checking it out in next month or two, give them a chance to iron out their kinks. I don't have unrealistic expectations but like the Culvers that opened a couple years ago, have to welcome them to the neighborhood

Quote:
FORSYTH COUNTY - The newest Whataburger restaurant is opening in Cumming at 503 Lakeland Plaza on Thursday.

It's the fourth location to open in Georgia in the past few months. The other three are located in Kennesaw, Woodstock and Buford.
Old 04-27-2023, 12:24 PM   #24937
Edward64
Head Coach

I watched a YT food episode about South African cuisine and Mrs. Balls Chutney came up quite a bit.

Got some and it's pretty good. Weird combination of sweet, sour, salty all mixed in one, it's very ... tasty. If you like to try different things, check it out. It's found room alongside my spice rack.

Mrs Balls Peach Chutney

Old 04-27-2023, 12:25 PM   #24938
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
"The Avid Golfer- From a hole in one to one in a hole, Sundays at 8PM on TNT"

If it’s on TNT it’s a hard pass.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:27 PM   #24939
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I didn’t realize Pizza Hut was using Door Dash and my cold ass non bagged pizza was shit. I don’t want door dash people anywhere near my house either.
Old 04-27-2023, 08:34 PM   #24940
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
I didn’t realize Pizza Hut was using Door Dash and my cold ass non bagged pizza was shit. I don’t want door dash people anywhere near my house either.

That sucks and I wish that things would trend the other way, like restaurants would somehow figure out a way to get better/dedicated drivers of their own, but of course the end form of all the delivery services flooding the market is somehow just settling into shittier service & higher prices from & for everybody.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:57 PM   #24941
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Little Caesar's is using them also (without saying so on their website until after you get to the "check your order status" page)

They did show up here with it thermal bagged however.
Old 04-27-2023, 10:01 PM   #24942
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

I was just coming here to ask if anyone else has like a 25-30% fuckup rate by doordash drivers or if it's just our area.

It seems like they regularly forget a bag back at the restaurant or sometimes just flat out bring the wrong order. And rather than get to deal directly with the restaurant to get it fixed you have to go through door dash.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 10:03 PM   #24943
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Door Dash fucks us all the time. Comically so at times
Old 04-27-2023, 10:04 PM   #24944
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Had I known it was even possible for DD to be used, I would have driven and got my own food. Slow, cold, $5 in delivery fee and another $5.xx in tip. Infuriating.

Also door dash does no periodic verification as to who is using the account in question. It could easily be a violent felon or pedophile delivering your order.
Old 04-27-2023, 11:44 PM   #24945
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

dd people are assholes to every business they pick up from. F them
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 12:29 AM   #24946
molson
General Manager

I don't know how to get the check in European restaurants.

Sometimes I just get up walk over to the server, but, they usually seem shocked by that.

I think I'm supposed to signal them from my table, but I can never get their attention and raising my voice or waving my arm is outside my comfort zone.

I guess culturally I'm supposed to sit there for 2 hours, but, I have a limited time in their beautiful country, we have shit to do.

Of course this also means I'm only getting one beer because they're never checking on us after the food is served. We have somewhat gotten around this by ordering a bottle of wine off the bat instead.

Last edited by molson : 04-28-2023 at 12:30 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 07:51 AM   #24947
Edward64
Head Coach

I appreciate that, in Europe, they don't place the bill on the table right after delivering the food. It's kinda refreshing to not be hurried even though there are claims otherwise.

I remember always flagging them down with a raised hand (not waving) and/or saying "excuse me" as they pass by.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:47 AM   #24948
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Randomly watched an old episode of TJ Hooker this morning.

Daaaaaaaayum, 24 y/o Heather Locklear was something else
Old 04-28-2023, 09:19 PM   #24949
Ksyrup

We had a Roscoe-on-Roscoe murder in southern KY and that feels exceedingly on-brand for KY.
Old 04-28-2023, 09:44 PM   #24950
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Randomly watched an old episode of TJ Hooker this morning.

Daaaaaaaayum, 24 y/o Heather Locklear was something else

I said the same thing about 61 year old Heather Locklear.