Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
I hate that I am addicted to this show.

I am not afraid to admit I am as well.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:23 AM   #202
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

While I wouldn't say I am addicted (yet), the 1st Complete Season DVD arrived yesterday, and we took our first two hits. So far... so good!
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:15 PM   #203
Swaggs
Coordinator

Bump. Ashamed to admit that I was really looking forward to its return as much as any other show out there (on par with the Office and Survivor, for me).

Pretty decent first episode back. I wish they would have let the Sue-Will alliance run for a few episodes rather than just one. Anyone else thinking that the new quarterback is going to end up Kirk's love interest?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #204
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Woot, Gleeeeee!!

Actually, I'm not ashamed to admit this was the show I was most looking forward to (Community & Modern Family are 2nd).

I enjoyed the first episode, but was fairly sure Will couldn't work with Sue... I wish he wasn't buddy-buddy with The Beast, since she did take 10% of his budget, but I'm sure that tension will come out son enough. I did like the comment on the new QB's "Bieber hair", LOL. And Sunshine can sure sing... here is hoping she'll get plenty of numbers even though she's on Vocal Adrenaline.

Excited for the Britney/Brittany episode next week. Should be fun.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 09-22-2010 at 01:23 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:51 PM   #205
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Woot, Gleeeeee!!

Actually, I'm not ashamed to admit this was the show I was most looking forward to (Community & Modern Family are 2nd).

I enjoyed the first episode, but was fairly sure Will couldn't work with Sue... I wish he wasn't buddy-buddy with The Beast, since she did take 10% of his budget, but I'm sure that tension will come out son enough. I did like the comment on the new QB's "Bieber hair", LOL. And Sunshine can sure sing... here is hoping she'll get plenty of numbers even though she's on Vocal Adrenaline.

Sunshine is Charice Pempengco. She's pretty big here in the Philippines. Made it big when Ellen DeGeneres discovered her YouTube videos... soon enough Oprah took her under her wing and poof! Stardom.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #206
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Woot, Gleeeeee!!

I was actually rather annoyed when The Beast got all offended that Will didn't say, "Look, jerk, you took money from our program -- this isn't about you being prejudiced against because you look like (are?) a man, it's because you're a fucking jerk and took money from other programs and then expect us to be your friends."

As for Sunshine -- her big solo had way too much obvious autotune for me to be a fan.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:03 PM   #207
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
As for Sunshine -- her big solo had way too much obvious autotune for me to be a fan.

True. She should have just belted it out naturally.

Here's her very first appearance on US TV, blowing the socks off of Ain't No Way and I Will Always Love You.

Ri-di-cu-lous vocal talent.

Last edited by Neon_Chaos : 09-22-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Neon_Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #208
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
I was actually rather annoyed when The Beast got all offended that Will didn't say, "Look, jerk, you took money from our program -- this isn't about you being prejudiced against because you look like (are?) a man, it's because you're a fucking jerk and took money from other programs and then expect us to be your friends."

Well if Will had said something like that... he wouldn't have been Will. Remember who his wife was (and the fact it took a fake pregnancy for him to actually kick her out).
Old 09-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #209
Swaggs
Coordinator

The autotune was really overdone in this week's episode.

I don't mind it so much when it is Jane Lynch and Olivia Newton John in a video or in the Vogue video (which were by far the worst autotuning of last season), but I hope they tone it down. The lipsyncing is already pretty bad with a few of the actors and the autotune makes it ever worse.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:19 AM   #210
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

That youtube clip also reminded me how annoyed I was by her stage presence and the way she flails her arms.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #211
Scarecrow
College Prospect

<--- became a fan of Brittney S. Pierce
Old 09-29-2010, 06:08 AM   #212
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Mmmmmmm... Brittany S. Pierce
Old 09-29-2010, 08:40 AM   #213
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Did anyone else catch the "WOW! THERE'S A HAIR DOWN THERE!" pamphlets that Emma was organizing before talking to Schue about Carl?
Old 10-02-2010, 01:51 AM   #214
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow View Post
<--- became a fan of Brittney S. Pierce

Just saw it and that was awesome... and the most intelligent thing Brittney has ever said on the show .

The version of "Toxic" was amazing as well.
Old 10-02-2010, 02:29 AM   #216
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
I really wanted to like this show. Alas, I have no uterus and am not married so no uterus by proxy either.

Shit. Watching Heather Morris and Lea Michele get their booty-shaking on requires a uterus? Why wasn't I informed?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 07:54 AM   #217
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post

She has a smokin hot body. Even my wife was turned on.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 10:50 AM   #218
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:

This.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 11:25 AM   #219
Flasch186
Coordinator

I thought the acting on the episode was actually much better than the songs. The dancing was out of this world however.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:36 PM   #220
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

While last week's episode was a classic case of the twisting the plot for the songs (and using dream sequences for it), this week was a classic case of the songs fitting seamlessly into the plot and enriching it.

One of the greatest glee episodes ever, without question. It had great singing, a great plot involving strong emotion (from Kurt's dad to dealing with different faiths), and the acting involved a lot of character depth.
Old 10-05-2010, 11:44 PM   #221
MikeVic
Head Coach

Well, I guess we're polar opposites or something because I thought it was so boring I actually turned it off. You'd think the Kurt dad thing would do something for me, but ti didn't. And the Cheesus or whatever was stupid. That was topical like three years ago. I don't much like serious Glee episodes I guess.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 11:50 PM   #222
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

I'll split the baby and say it was ok - some nice touches (No Quiksand in this thread? ok - I liked "Only the Good Die Young") and some bad ones ("I wanna hold your hand" is awfully strange to sing to one's father), but nothing earth shatteringly awesome like the sequence in the finale last year. Still , a significant improvement on episode no 2.

Edit: I can't spell. sorry.

Last edited by Crapshoot : 10-06-2010 at 12:05 AM.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:01 AM   #223
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
...(No Quicksand in this thread?

Probably pissed off because you spelled his name wrong.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #224
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Probably pissed off because you spelled his name wrong.

whoops
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:10 AM   #225
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Kurt's "I want to hold your hand" fit the plot perfectly though (esp with the story set up he told), and the arrangement was beautiful and heart-wrenching.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:41 AM   #226
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Kurt's "I want to hold your hand" fit the plot perfectly though (esp with the story set up he told), and the arrangement was beautiful and heart-wrenching.

I thought it was pretty good. Totally hate that character though.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:44 AM   #227
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

You can't just leave it like that. Explain!
Old 10-06-2010, 10:04 AM   #228
MikeVic
Head Coach

I agree that the songs flowed better. The Britney episode was really bad for that.

I didn't like the way Kurt sang that Beatles song, and I just don't like Kurt anyway. I did like Losing My Religion though, that fit awesomely.

One thing that kinda bugged me, and maybe it was different later on in the show past where I stopped watching... but Kurt was saying how he doesn't believe in a higher power, which even though that's not my viewpoint, I can respect it as a way of thinking. He doesn't like people praying for his dad, etc. But then Mercedes gets him to go to church and he seemed to be all happy about it. I wasn't really sure what the intent of that was... to accept friends' offer of support I guess?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:40 PM   #229
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Would have been a terrific episode if they just had the Kurt and his father thing / religion talk.

The whole Cheesus story arc was just stupid, and I felt dragged the episode down.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #230
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Would have been a terrific episode if they just had the Kurt and his father thing / religion talk.

The whole Cheesus story arc was just stupid, and I felt dragged the episode down.

Yeah they should have at least show us Rachel's boobies or something...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:51 PM   #231
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Yeah they should have at least show us Rachel's boobies or something...

Ladies and gentlemen... the Nude Erections!
Old 10-06-2010, 03:53 PM   #232
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Well, I guess we're polar opposites or something because I thought it was so boring I actually turned it off. You'd think the Kurt dad thing would do something for me, but ti didn't. And the Cheesus or whatever was stupid. That was topical like three years ago. I don't much like serious Glee episodes I guess.

I'm with you. This show's heavy moments have no depth because their plots last for half an episode at most, then they switch to the character doing something totally different. I've really given up on this show having any sort of plot that means anything. Everything that happens is just a setup for a song. Period. Kind of like how everything that happens on Family Guy is just a setup for a joke.

I did like Finn's Kurt Warner moment though.
The deepest moment in the show actually came at the end with Will and Sue silently squaring off. His "you gonna get me fired" and her "no" were pretty intense. Then again those are probably the two best actors on the show.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:04 PM   #233
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
I'm with you. This show's heavy moments have no depth because their plots last for half an episode at most, then they switch to the character doing something totally different. I've really given up on this show having any sort of plot that means anything. Everything that happens is just a setup for a song. Period. Kind of like how everything that happens on Family Guy is just a setup for a joke.

I did like Finn's Kurt Warner moment though.
The deepest moment in the show actually came at the end with Will and Sue silently squaring off. His "you gonna get me fired" and her "no" were pretty intense. Then again those are probably the two best actors on the show.

they aren't even trying any more to work the songs in elegantly. The kids just stand up in class and start in on their totally unrehearsed arrangement ("hey, good thing we happened to have this harp and harp player sitting around!")

the stories are dreadful lately (they were never all that hot to begin with). the songs haven't been all that hot lately either. Sue is about the only reason to watch.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:37 PM   #234
Swaggs
Coordinator

Just watched it with the wife. Could be because the mother of my wife's best friend just passed away yesterday, but the episode really stood out for me (outside of the broadway musical-type numbers -- I wish they'd just stick to pop music, but whatever). The religious confusion was handled really well and I liked a lot of the music. The Finn stuff was goofy, but amusing for me.

The only annoying part for me was, once again, the autotune on "Hold Your Hand" (which, along with its montage and us knowing the backstory, I thought was really impactful). It was mostly subtle, but every 20 or 30 seconds I thought Kurt might break into an unexpected T-Pain medley or something.

As an aside, does anyone know if the kid that played young Kurt was his real life brother or relative? The resemblance was very impressive if they are not related.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #235
SackAttack
Head Coach

Assuming you're talking about the scene where Kurt and Burt are having the tea party, my guess is probably still Chris Colfer but with the magic of computers to make him appear younger.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #236
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Nope, it's actually another actor. And non relation.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:43 PM   #237
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Sometimes I feel like I watch a different show from most of you . I still feel it was one of the best episodes of Glee ever made and the plot was done very, very well. And the songs fit into the plot rather than the other way around (*cough*Britney episode). And Kurt's version of "I Want to Hold Your Hand" was beautiful.

Quote:
But then Mercedes gets him to go to church and he seemed to be all happy about it. I wasn't really sure what the intent of that was... to accept friends' offer of support I guess?

He realized he was being a dick to people who actually cared about him.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:23 AM   #238
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Nope, it's actually another actor. And non relation.

Adam Kolkin, evidently. No idea who that even is, but okay.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:01 PM   #239
Scarecrow
College Prospect

Glee's doing ROCKY HORROR!!!!!
Old 10-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #240
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Yay at Artie for losing his virginity! Boo for being all uppity about it afterwards.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:43 AM   #241
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Really poignant episode this week. I know the kid who plays Kurt is gay in real life, but he turned in an emmy worthy performance.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #242
rowech
Pro Starter

Loved this show last year. Stale and no direction this year.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 12:33 PM   #243
DanGarion
Coordinator

Everything seems like a plot device to create drama.
Old 11-13-2010, 02:14 PM   #244
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Really poignant episode this week. I know the kid who plays Kurt is gay in real life, but he turned in an emmy worthy performance.

best episode of the season and that song the boys choir sang was frickin' incredible and weird.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 02:56 PM   #245
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Everything seems like a plot device to create drama.

and how is that different from any other show?
Old 11-13-2010, 02:58 PM   #246
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post

I still really enjoy this show. Last year was obviously better, but I think you find that is the case with a lot of unique shows. Season one is amazing because it is something so fresh, and there is an inevitable drop off in season two because it isn't as new. Same thing happened with Heros and Lost.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:10 PM   #247
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post

Agreed. I'm still watching, but has gone from me watching it every Tuesday to sitting on my DVR for a few days. I thought the last episode was pretty good (I liked the Kurt storyline and also liked the Artie/Puck stuff), but there have been more clunkers this season than all of last year for me. I couldn't wait for the Rocky Horror episode to end.
Old 11-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #248
Swaggs
Coordinator

I will add that I think the show feels like there are maybe two or three directors or producers that alternate episodes and focus in on certain characters or storylines, but it feels like there is no continuity and that is hurting it.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:21 PM   #249
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well it's kinda like Rocky 2, where you kinda know where things are going, so that doesn't help. But I still really enjoy it.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:21 AM   #250
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
and how is that different from any other show?

Because other shows are better. I liked this show, now it's becoming something I watch to waste time.