Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #201
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Says the guy who posts incessantly on a message board for a sports text sim that he doesn't even play.

I wonder how many around here dont play it... Ive never even seen a screen shot of it!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:09 PM   #202
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

So...who's been driven off?

Ksyrup for sure. That's a top-5 poster gone because of the mods.

Others, sure, more speculation is necessary. And it's really just an opinion based on anecdotal evidence of what other posters say in the other forums after they've moved on. And the couple of posters who have popped up in these threads and stated the reasons why they don't come around as much. And the general perception of the how the board is less interesting now. I mean, we could all quit our jobs and build a case, but otherwise, any opinion, including yours, on this is just going to be based on perception. There's no formal exit interview process.

Then there have been the people who have been banned. If you really want to get into this and break it down, you could post a full list of posters who have been banned. Then you can show us how we're not missing anything. The rest of us don't log this stuff but that might be something a mod can easily generate.

Last edited by molson : 04-08-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:10 PM   #203
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Just meant in fun. Not to be taken seriously, as usual.

To me...this trolling here is what started this post and caused the havoc. The I better delete the post I made calling out Wade is enough to get most people boxed and it has...to see you take it to the next level, obviously with the help of others just isn't right.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:16 PM   #204
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
F*** You FOFC was a pretty decent outcry, I thought. Attempting to establish alternate boards is also a pretty spirited reaction. But you're right, perhaps those with mod complaints - like you might see in the images thread, or in the Unbox the Fox thread - aren't typically written with ALL-CAPS.

I would like some evidence to back up this line of thinking though:

So...who's been driven off?

Ksyrup for one.

I know some of you have issues with him for who knows what, but I had just became friends with him when he left due to the silliness revolving around the picture thread.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #205
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
To me...this trolling here is what started this post and caused the havoc. The I better delete the post I made calling out Wade is enough to get most people boxed and it has...to see you take it to the next level, obviously with the help of others just isn't right.
MG - I was messing around with wade. He knows I was kidding around with him as I always joke with him about his modding.

You've known me for a long time on here. Don't take anything I do on FOFC seriously. Except, of course, the stuff I am serious about. Like AIDS.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #206
britrock88
Pro Starter

Grover was a prolific poster for a new member.
Barkeep hasn't been around in 2+ months.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #207
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Ksyrup for sure. That's a top-5 poster gone because of the mods.

Others, sure, more speculation is necessary. And it's really just an opinion based on anecdotal evidence of what other posters say in the other forums after they've moved on. And the couple of posters who have popped up in these threads and stated the reasons why the don't come around as much. And the general perception of the how the board is less interesting now. I mean, we could all quit our jobs and build a case, but otherwise, our any opinion, including yours, on this is just going to be based on perception.

Then there have been the people who have been banned. If you really want to get into this and break it down, you could make a full list of posters who have been banned.

"What other posters say in the other forums after they've moved on." What other posters, and what other forums? The Werewolf forums that are their own little...thing? Dynasty forums (I see that by your top-five metric that Alan T is the #1 poster at FOFC. I like Alan fine and no offense to him, but I wouldn't put him on a Mt. Rushmore of FOFC posters and I'd guess most of his activity is not in Off-Topic).

And I AM looking for examples rather than perception. That's the point of the exercise. There are a ton of posters that I'd love to see post more. Maple Leafs. albionmoonlight. QuikSand. Fritz. Heck, digamma. Critch. Not that these posters are gone, but they don't seem to have the same activity they once may have.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #208
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
To address a few specific reported posts over the last few days:

And before anybody misses (or pretends to miss) the qualifying statement digamma put in there, I can 100% guarantee that the instances he cites is not an all-inclusive list of reported posts over the past few days.

Quote:
JiMGA was not boxed for what was pretty clearly a tongue in cheek comment regarding his women's NCAA pick 'em bracket.

This brings up an interesting general moderation point perhaps. Thankfully, at least some portion of the mods got what I was shooting for. But what if they hadnt'? Or what if an itchy trigger finger mod who didn't get it had been in the proverbial barrel at the moment the report came in? Now for all I know there was a great moderator confab & there was unanimous understanding of what I posted, but I believe this is an example of the sort of situation that is at least a lesser area of concern for a fair number of the rank-and-file.

There's times where it seems there's a certain amount of capricious moderation, which may simply come down to a matter of the luck of the draw about who sees what. And that can cause both suspicion & unease for us unwashed masses.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-08-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #209
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've been driven off. I never come here anymore. Too much modding, not enough trout.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #210
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Drachma View Post
I've been driven off. I never come here anymore. Too much modding, not enough trout.

I agree! it was a travesty he did not win the MVP last year.... we need to get these dinosaur voters, who know nothing of the sport, out of the voting! and modding!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #211
cuervo72
Head Coach

Getting a list of [permanently] banned users from the CP actually wasn't very hard. Here it is. If you can find some value in here, feel free to point it out.

User Name
44Niners
Adolf
BanBlackadar
BanBlackadar3
BanBlackadar9
BanningMakesMeFeelStrong
Benny Big Bang
BHSROTC610
Browns Man
ChinaMan from Hey Arnold
CrazyOlSkyDog
crushem
ctmason_98
DaleJrFan81599
DALEJRFAN831
Dr Phil
esteban juan
Foothill Falcon
Forum Necromancer
Freddy Adu
GiddaySkyDog
GO AWAY EVIL PERSON!
Godykss
GrantPDiddyDawg
Happy29
HarringtonDynasty
HelloSkyDog
HerrSkippy
HeySkyDog
HiyaSkyDog
Instant Coffee
Iraqi Information Minist
jdubs15
JerseyShore
Jesus Christ
Jew Broad
Jimmy the Greek
JMoore1
JustanotherNASCARfan
Kill Whitey
Larry Brown
meanstrosity
mgold97
Mr. Poo
mrbuttercup
mrbuttercupjr
Mrs. Marmel
MrSkippie
neofied
NewPlaymatesAreFun
niftylicious
RaiderNation
Realmania
Redbird Football
RegimeChangeTime
Rep. Dennis Kucinich
rexallsc
Rick Carlisle
Sal Musacha
SeñorSkippy
SkewedDog
skins14
SkyPig
snatchmo
Tacitus
The Postman
valesanta
vulcan
WhatupSkyDog
wiggum
wignasty
WiniftyCantBeStopped
WKClifford
1s9wyxlv00
30hf0n9m9z
72anton
advertisingonline9
Allesmalles
Anthony
ASEpinfulpitoffO
badsunassysof
baines
beauty123
BeeceAgerlefs
beninance
BenjaminFK
Bepeopitich
bigbadraidersfan
BKeymonie
BlingBlingKilla
BlingBlingKillaz
BlingBlingKillazz
BlueJewel
Bouton56
braggadocious
Braggadociousss
Braggadocioussss
Braggadociousssss
Braggadocioussssss
brimick
brimick1020
brimick123
brimick78
brimick79
buttprank
capsicum
Cherub
Clown2
cool roy
CreditCardsOffers
Crunky
D.H.J.
Dallas GM
Darth Guapo
Dauccupeclefs
David Lee Roth
Desmond
dev_tej_kohli
dirtyoldman
Driftwood
druez
EMStephen
Erotikalia
Etestysmeposy
EventHorizon
Fa'Shizzle
Faiscascaxics
FargoFreez aka fof playa
fhasumi
Fiddler
fof playa
Franklin
franklinbrown
Franklinnoble
Freethought
Fujiko
functional
Gilambfragiam
Gippinewrisee
Grimreaper 666
GroundCat
HiFiRevival
highfiveoh
HornsManiacIsBack
Huey
Hypocrites
Inexkinoton
IwasHere
IXHenry
J.H.D.
James
JamesHillaryDavis
Jesse_Ewiak
JHD
JimKizer
jimney cricket
jms
John Kerry
jshipman2
King Z-ster
kray
lamontagne04270
lealleree
leeDarb
LenRootterago
Leroy Veritas
Loki
LuvThemBulldogs
Man_In_Black
MariaMirabella
maximus
Mel Kiper's Hair
MelKiper
Memidagoimmep
MichaelRG
molaEmabs
moNkaD8
MonsterWT
moolaraFLeade
mrs.buttercup
mrskippy
mwilliams
NaisseMah
Namibiya69
Nice Guy Eddie
NobleFranklin
Noddadropp
nqCZuSbt
oldbone
omnisystem
OneEyedWilly
orepastep
Owerriewode
owleyeindianguyzza
OZBrian
Patricia
PeedlySyday
Phalid
Philliesfan980
Play2Win
Play2WinBF
Play2Winn
primeraml
PSUColoneI
PSUColonel
PydayKatt
QWsxDlmIp
Rabeled
RE: WrongWay
Reno
rev
rexallllsc
rexalllsc
RiscouBisope
rufusjonz
scottfromhou
SeaSquirrel
ShawonDunston
sheila19621
SnamnTineegak
SoccerSux
SoCIn
SoIecismic
Sollecismic
Steel
Styclarimmilt
Sweet_November
tdydynasty
techguy
TeotihuacanYaxK'ukMo'II
tovereigntar
TymnCronrenue
valinka563
VegekeyhogMef
vigrxplusreviews
viogoubograbe
WarhearceHemo
Wemsderry
wesdutQuiesee
wig
wignifty
Wiquequerig
WOLHelaHiendyRal
WrongWay
yourpharmacystoreonline
YungBludz

Last edited by cuervo72 : 04-08-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #212
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I appreciate digamma's comments and explanations, but it illustrates a real problem here. Why can't we get that all the time? The crimsonfox thing still hasn't been explained and I just don't understand why. That's one that really troubles me (despite the fact that I've never been boxed) because while I never post salacious pictures, I've certainly had moments on this board where I behaved worse than what he did in that thread. Yet we get no explanation and I'm wondering what I can say now that might get me banned for three months. Do the mods not think it's important for the posters to have that kind of understanding? Do we just not deserve to know? These aren't rhetorical questions. I'd really like to know.

As others have said, the primary argument is lack of a clear standard, not strictness. Television Without Pity is without a doubt the strictest message board system I've ever been on. However, the rules are expressly laid out, and whether you get a warning or a suspension, you get a complete reason for why it happened.

There is clearly hostility between the mods and the posters. Now if I were running a board, this would trouble me. Even if I thought I was right, I would be worried that such hostility is not good for the long term health of the board and would seek to find some way to end such hostility. Aside from some sporadic incidents (like digamma's post above), I just don't see that kind of thinking from the mods here and I don't really understand that.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
Old 04-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #213
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
I kind of felt bad and defended you when I thought you were "banned". But you were just trolling. What a fool I was. You showed me.

And ah yes, the "everyone else but me is being too sensitive" card. That's the one RedKingGold plays when he gets his panties in a wad about stuff.
I appreciate that. I did not mean to betray your sympathies with what I saw as a harmless joke. The thread bump and deletion was just a glimpse into my better nature...doing something that I quickly realized probably wasn't a good idea.

Again apologies. I really do expect everyone here to get that no harm is intended.

Expect spleen, of course. That guy hates me.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 04-08-2013, 02:34 PM   #214
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

3. Schmidty was not boxed for this thread. He started it based on some misinformation. And, of course, he's Schmidty.

Since you seem to be in the know, please explain the misinformation.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #215
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Just meant in fun. Not to be taken seriously, as usual.

EXCEPT IT MADE ME GO CRAAAAZY.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:35 PM   #216
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Which was fun!

Old 04-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #217
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I appreciate that. I did not mean to betray your sympathies with what I saw as a harmless joke. The thread bump and deletion was just a glimpse into my better nature...doing something that I quickly realized probably wasn't a good idea.

Again apologies. I really do expect everyone here to get that no harm is intended.

Expect spleen, of course. That guy hates me.

You wish harm to come of me?
Old 04-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #218
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

i think we are long past that...

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #219
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
It's not a hobby. It's called bored at work, which happens occasionally. Stop being so goddamn sensitive.

I see that the "mods" have corrected their mistake with your status, and that although you are still showing with the title "banned" that your activity has been restored.

Yes the mods provide a very useful service.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #220
molson
General Manager

Quote:
"What other posters say in the other forums after they've moved on." What other posters, and what other forums? The Werewolf forums that are their own little...thing? Dynasty forums (I see that by your top-five metric that Alan T is the #1 poster at FOFC. I like Alan fine and no offense to him, but I wouldn't put him on a Mt. Rushmore of FOFC posters and I'd guess most of his activity is not in Off-Topic).

And I AM looking for examples rather than perception. That's the point of the exercise. There are a ton of posters that I'd love to see post more. Maple Leafs. albionmoonlight. QuikSand. Fritz. Heck, digamma. Critch. Not that these posters are gone, but they don't seem to have the same activity they once may have.

Well shit, I couldn't name 20 FOFC posters off the top of my head if I tried, I certainly can't remember the specific names and places that supported my perception that's developed the over the years here. As I've said, it's just a perception, it's certainly nothing I can prove or anything (except in the case of Kyrsup, and that's a big one).

And as I've said before, of course the main reason the board has gone downhill is no new FOF game, no new members, and a decrease in the number of regular posters which is based on all kinds of things. For that reason, I wish the priority of the mods was to at least act in a way that slows down the attrition as much as possible. I think somebody called it "unnecessary hostility" at some point, and I think that's right.

This thread and your and others' posts in it are positive step though, we actually got a couple of explanations about why stuff happened.

Last edited by molson : 04-08-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:40 PM   #221
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
You wish harm to come of me?
Definitely not. I want us to be friends, to get queer makeovers, to do whatever it is guys our age do together.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #222
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I see that the "mods" have corrected their mistake with your status, and that although you are still showing with the title "banned" that your activity has been restored.

Yes the mods provide a very useful service.
Something we both agree on!

Old 04-08-2013, 02:42 PM   #223
WVUFAN
College Starter

I struggle to see one other large board that bans or boxes without knowing the reason for the boxing, or who did it. The lack of transparancy is what's troubling to me.

Also, I've been on the board now for many years now and there is a definite difference in modding. When the Hot or Not threads (I love them, don't get me wrong) have pictures ten times worse than anything posted on the Threads fed, and no one has been boxed (that I know of) for posting in the HoN threads, while people are boxed for posting fully clothed women in the Thread fed, there's a problem.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 04-08-2013 at 02:47 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #224
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN View Post
I struggle to see one other large board in which bans or boxes occur without knowing the reason for the boxing, or who did it. The lack of transparancy is what's troubling to me.

Umm ... are there really that many instances where we could honestly say we don't know why somebody here was boxed or banned?

I've been dismayed by some of them, bewildered by the rationale that was used, confounded by the disparity in the use of box/ban ... but off the top of my head I can't think of a case where we had no idea wth happened.

I don't think it's "why", I think it's more like "why X but not Y".

And maybe you meant to imply that, but it's still a distinction I think probably has to be made ... and if so, then yeah, I could name places where the rhyme or reason was just as inconsistent.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #225
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Ben has really made one request in the last couple of years with regard to posting pictures of scantily clad women. For whatever reason, people seem to love to test that and generally be ass-hattish around that issue. Why some feel the need to steadfastly defend that practice to the death, I'll never understand. But to each his own.
And yet, this is a perfect example of how this standard is vague and wildly inconsistent in how it's enforced.

To be clear, I've never been a big fan of filling up the "cool images" thread with gratuitous pictures of hot chix.

That said, there have been plenty of pictures - especially recently - that have been deleted for no other apparent reason than they are of attractive women, especially if they have big breasts. The Holly Sonders pic - she wasn't "scantily clad", unless "scantily clad" is now "something you see every day on a city sidewalk".

If the intent is to keep the image thread as something that anyone browsing at work could open up without fear of getting in trouble, then just say "no hot chix in this thread pls k thx" and be done with it. Clearly having pictures of hot chicks - in tiny bikinis even - is OK so long as the thread is clearly marked (i.e. the Hot or Not threads). If that's the deal, let's just come right out and say so.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #226
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
This thread and your and others' posts in it are positive step though, we actually got a couple of explanations about why stuff happened.

Wait...me going nuts like the old days is a GOOD thing? I'm not refilling my pill-holder anymore because I want to contribute to FOFC!!!
Old 04-08-2013, 02:49 PM   #227
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

So its ok to troll if you are at work? Got it, ill have to add it to "my list if unwritten fofc rules that contradict each other"...
Old 04-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #228
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I like Alan fine and no offense to him, but I wouldn't put him on a Mt. Rushmore of FOFC posters and I'd guess most of his activity is not in Off-Topic).

I am FOFC's version of Don Sutton. I've had my moments, but I am no Sandy Koufax.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #229
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Umm ... are there really that many instances where we could honestly say we don't know why somebody here was boxed or banned?

We could guess and figure it out, but it's very rarely directly stated. I've talked to a few people over in the Facebook group that gets boxed with a blank where the reason is. So, for some, even the people getting boxed don't know.

Quote:
I've been dismayed by some of them, bewildered by the rationale that was used, confounded by the disparity in the use of box/ban ... but off the top of my head I can't think of a case where we had no idea wth happened.

I don't think it's "why", I think it's more like "why X but not Y".

That's much better stated than I could. Thank you. When the political threads were in full force in the late 2000's, there were a number of people who posted a bunch of stuff that would have been boxed or banned now.

Personally, I've love a list of rules on here that amounts to more than "Don't be an asshat", which is the most arbitrary thing I've seen in a while.

I know this isn't a democracy, and that more than likely nothing will change. You have the option to live with it or get out (which, it seems people seem to be doing), but there's a good number of people who have real problems with the modding of this site that a few years ago would have defended it.

When even the previous owner criticises the way this board is modded, you KNOW somethings wrong.

Quote:
And maybe you meant to imply that, but it's still a distinction I think probably has to be made ... and if so, then yeah, I could name places where the rhyme or reason was just as inconsistent.

I agree.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 04-08-2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:55 PM   #230
DanGarion
Coordinator

I think I'll just go back to Something Awful, at least their modding makes sense.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #231
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I am FOFC's version of Don Sutton. I've had my moments, but I am no Sandy Koufax.

This is a quality, workmanlike post.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:57 PM   #232
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Sometimes when I am at work I like to go surf around to websites of Bengal or Mizzou opponents and there will be a board where the avatars are half naked women or the signature contains a bunch of hot chicks in thongs or something. This is the sort of stuff that could get me in big trouble. I appreciate this board doesn't have many trolls, or posters in ALL CAPS, or pictures like that. I also enjoy the images thread at home and get the other sides point of view but if this is enough to cause somebody to quit coming to FOFC and causes a group of you to get your panties in a wad every 3 weeks or so you really need to find another hobby. It isn't destorying the board. People have families and lives and don't come here as much it isn't because of modding in the images thread.

Last edited by panerd : 04-08-2013 at 03:03 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #233
DougW
High School Varsity

From the casual/lurker perspective - I see this, as a "problem". I visit this board regularly, at least daily, and have been doing so for years. I literally have ZERO idea what the rules "really" are, or when they get "enforced".

~I've seen images in the HoN threads that I know for sure would get deleted in the cool images thread.
~I've seen images in the cool images thread get deleted that were pretty tame. I've seen images deleted that the same images weren't deleted several pages before it.
~I've seen heated discussions, and I've seen people get boxed for getting personal. And I've seen people NOT get boxed for basically the same conversations.
~I've seen "touchy subjects" get talked about, and seen them discouraged.
~I've seen people rant vulgarities, profanities and get boxed .. and not get boxed.

It honestly has a feeling of... one day, one post, from one poster may be OK. And the next day, that same post isn't OK.

So, to someone that doesn't read every thread - every post .. it's all very confusing. The modding here doesn't make much sense at all to me.

Then again, It seems, there are some more active members on the board who are able to make sense of it - and it also seems there are very active members who appear to be just as lost as I.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:10 PM   #234
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
From the casual/lurker perspective - I see this, as a "problem". I visit this board regularly, at least daily, and have been doing so for years. I literally have ZERO idea what the rules "really" are, or when they get "enforced".

~I've seen images in the HoN threads that I know for sure would get deleted in the cool images thread.
~I've seen images in the cool images thread get deleted that were pretty tame. I've seen images deleted that the same images weren't deleted several pages before it.
~I've seen heated discussions, and I've seen people get boxed for getting personal. And I've seen people NOT get boxed for basically the same conversations.
~I've seen "touchy subjects" get talked about, and seen them discouraged.
~I've seen people rant vulgarities, profanities and get boxed .. and not get boxed.

It honestly has a feeling of... one day, one post, from one poster may be OK. And the next day, that same post isn't OK.

So, to someone that doesn't read every thread - every post .. it's all very confusing. The modding here doesn't make much sense at all to me.

Then again, It seems, there are some more active members on the board who are able to make sense of it - and it also seems there are very active members who appear to be just as lost as I.

There are some people that will not get banned no matter what. People can be boxed or banned for commenting on, say a celebrity, and get boxed/banned. And then someone else can post a derogatory name for a gay person, and nothing happens to them at all.

Inconsistant.

Last edited by WVUFAN : 04-08-2013 at 03:10 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:11 PM   #235
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Wait...me going nuts like the old days is a GOOD thing? I'm not refilling my pill-holder anymore because I want to contribute to FOFC!!!

Are you kidding? People going nuts is why this this board was awesome back in the day. So by all means, yes, please refrain from treating your serious medical condition!!
Old 04-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #236
Buccaneer
Head Coach

panerd, as much problems I have with sports fanatics here, I cannot imagine going a true fanatic board. Yikes.

I have not complained about moderation the times they have come up because those of us that have been around a while know that a lot of it was subjective.

However, I guess what I am reacting to in this case is moderating a forum you are not a part of, esp. the perception of those sitting at fobl/wherever talking about the children at fofc and having to go over there and discipline them with as little effort as possible.

Do you care that little about OT and its members that it's not worth interacting on a regular basis? If so (which is cool), then why are you still in a position of leadership here?
Old 04-08-2013, 03:14 PM   #237
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

the other issue is there is no accountability by the mods, they all hide behind their mod powers and just delete whatever they want and box people for the same things that DougW mentioned
Old 04-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #238
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Member A, browsing after hours from the comfort of his own home posts a picture of someone who happens to be female, fully clothed, non-pornographic in nature.

Member B, goofing off at work and shortchanging his employer, violates his company's work policy by knowingly going to non-work-related sites, browses FOFC and sees said picture, which isn't offensive in any way, except to the extent that it clues HR in more quickly to the degree of his shiftless layaboutery.

And Member A's the guy who needs to get banned? Fuck that shit. And fuck you, Member B. Close your damn browser.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:21 PM   #239
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

If it weren't for work browsing, this forum would be dead in a week .
Old 04-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #240
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
If it weren't for work browsing, this forum would be dead in a week .

here's a novel concept:

if you are at work, stay the fuck out of the picture thread.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:33 PM   #241
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
I kind of felt bad and defended you when I thought you were "banned". But you were just trolling. What a fool I was. You showed me.

And ah yes, the "everyone else but me is being too sensitive" card. That's the one RedKingGold plays when he gets his panties in a wad about stuff.

Keep my name out of your mouth before I get all sensitive on your ass.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:34 PM   #242
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
here's a novel concept:

I've always wondered (and I'm sure I've said it on numerous occasions)... why can't there be a "hot chicks" thread and a "cool pictures" thread?
Old 04-08-2013, 03:35 PM   #243
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
here's a novel concept:

That requires common sense.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #244
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I only browse from my iPhone but the pictures thread does not come up.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #245
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I've always wondered (and I'm sure I've said it on numerous occasions)... why can't there be a "hot chicks" thread and a "cool pictures" thread?

another concept that requires common sense
Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #246
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Are you kidding? People going nuts is why this this board was awesome back in the day. So by all means, yes, please refrain from treating your serious medical condition!!

+1
Old 04-08-2013, 03:37 PM   #247
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

Cause we were told a hot chicks thread would be deleted immediately.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:38 PM   #248
larrymcg421
Head Coach

I mentioned a while ago when we had the first blowup over hot pictures that it never made sense to me that pictures in a thread you had to click on were more damaging than a thread title proclaiming the hotness of child molesters. I always felt the latter would get me in at least as much trouble as the former, and one of them prevents you from visiting the board at all, while the other prevents you from clicking on a specific thread.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 04-08-2013 at 03:40 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:41 PM   #249
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:

Then i couldn't say .. "What, i was just checking out these other cool pics - it's not my fault these horny teenagers are determined to post chicks. I find them just as disgusting as you do honey."
Old 04-08-2013, 03:43 PM   #250
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Cause we were told a hot chicks thread would be deleted immediately.
And yet the Hot or Not threads were allowed to exist and are still around.
Closed Thread