Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-02-2007, 01:38 PM   #201
hukarez
College Starter

Arg! Spending too much time with this game!

I finally got around to figuring out how to do that GTS not too long ago, and managed to trade a Magikarp for one of the other starting Pokemon I never got in the beginning... I started out with that Penguin, whom I affectionately nicknamed Prinny...

Anyways, couple of things: I managed to get that flaming monkey, the Chimchar? Cimchar? Ugh, one of the starting ones from some Japanese fellow... and the damn beast is uncooperative! Ignored 4 times in a row during a battle! Is there any way I can get it to pay more attention to me or something? I've been walking around with it (not necesarilly in the first slot), as well as tapping on it's icon on the touch pad on occasion to generate that weird noise it makes.

I'm not quite so sure how to get it under control - it seems it's bio states something about a Brave nature, egg hatching, yadda yadda... but I have to admit, it's completely infuriating at times that this flaming monkey won't listen to me!

"pretended not to hear you"
"ignored you"
"is loafing around"

I'm getting real close to engaging in one of those mixed doubles matches, and have my Prinny lay the smack down on my own flaming monkey for just revenge!
Filipino Martial Arts Digest
tweet tweet twitter
hukarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:59 PM   #202
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukarez View Post

I finally got around to figuring out how to do that GTS not too long ago, and managed to trade a Magikarp for one of the other starting Pokemon I never got in the beginning... I started out with that Penguin, whom I affectionately nicknamed Prinny...

Anyways, couple of things: I managed to get that flaming monkey, the Chimchar? Cimchar? Ugh, one of the starting ones from some Japanese fellow... and the damn beast is uncooperative! Ignored 4 times in a row during a battle! Is there any way I can get it to pay more attention to me or something? I've been walking around with it (not necesarilly in the first slot), as well as tapping on it's icon on the touch pad on occasion to generate that weird noise it makes.

I'm not quite so sure how to get it under control - it seems it's bio states something about a Brave nature, egg hatching, yadda yadda... but I have to admit, it's completely infuriating at times that this flaming monkey won't listen to me!

"ignored you"
"is loafing around"

I'm getting real close to engaging in one of those mixed doubles matches, and have my Prinny lay the smack down on my own flaming monkey for just revenge!

See page 34 of you instruction book.

It is at too high a level for the number of badges that you have, that is why it is not following your orders.

0-1 badges - pokemon received in a trade above level 10 will be uncooperative
2-3 badges - pokemon received in a trade above level 30 will be uncooperative
4-5 badges - pokemon received in a trade above level 50 will be uncooperative
6-7 badges - pokemon received in a trade above level 70 will be uncooperative
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:31 PM   #203
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:

"ignored you"
"is loafing around"

Ah huh huh huh. You have a flaming monkey.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 10:07 PM   #204
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree View Post
See page 34 of you instruction book.

It is at too high a level for the number of badges that you have, that is why it is not following your orders.

0-1 badges - pokemon received in a trade above level 10 will be uncooperative
2-3 badges - pokemon received in a trade above level 30 will be uncooperative
4-5 badges - pokemon received in a trade above level 50 will be uncooperative
6-7 badges - pokemon received in a trade above level 70 will be uncooperative

What he said. Basically, beat gym 2 and they'll cooperate for quite a while and once you beat the 4th gym, you're home free since you'll be beating the rest of the gyms at levels well below the levels they will misbehave at.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #205
hukarez
College Starter

Ugh. I really should read that book more in depth... just got in the habit of 'starting' and couldn't stop, once I figured out the base rudimentary things.

EDIT: BTW, I'm presuming the book also explains the difference between 'regular' experience and 'boosted' experience? My buddy tells me that he noticed for some reason, 'traded' pokemon seem to rack in more experience at a faster rate than the ones you've single handedly caught.
tweet tweet twitter

Last edited by hukarez : 05-03-2007 at 12:25 AM.
Old 05-03-2007, 12:43 AM   #206
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Ugh. I really should read that book more in depth... just got in the habit of 'starting' and couldn't stop, once I figured out the base rudimentary things.

EDIT: BTW, I'm presuming the book also explains the difference between 'regular' experience and 'boosted' experience? My buddy tells me that he noticed for some reason, 'traded' pokemon seem to rack in more experience at a faster rate than the ones you've single handedly caught.

page 21
Old 05-03-2007, 08:18 AM   #207
Blade
College Prospect

Alright, I was holding off on getting this game, thinking I was too old for it, but it sounds like you all are loving it. I think I am going to have to break down and get it.

I know that the two versions are only different in that the starting pokemon are different in each, but is there any recommendation on which one I should look at? I know nothing about pokemon at the moment, but the game appeals to me because I was a huge Monster Rancher fan...

Loyal fan of the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Eagles.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2007, 05:08 PM   #208
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

It's not something to look at as like Monster Rancher, it's not quite apples and oranges but the games have different focuses.

I don't think Diamond or Pearl matter one way or another to someone just starting to play as the Pokemon that are exclusive aren't until much later in the game, once you already have a party set. I think it's pretty close, even if you take those into account, and it's unlikely anyone but a collector would care. The single best ones is in Diamond (Tyranitar line) but Pearl has a couple of extra quality ones (Salamence, Houndoom, and Walerin are all good series).

SI

Old 05-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #209
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Just bought a DS Lite today, been having fun with Mario Kart over the Wifi connection, also picked up NSMB. I was disappointed when three different stores didn't have Advance Wars: Dual Strike which sounded quite good. Sounds like a lot of you in this thread have been playing Pokemon lately, that one isn't really my type of game. What other games have some of you enjoyed on the system?
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:17 PM   #210
Blade
College Prospect

Take a look on eBay for Advance Wars...that is where I got mine...

Old 05-10-2007, 08:17 PM   #211
Eilim
High School Varsity

Just picked up a copy of Pokemon:Pearl for myself, along with diamond for my sister so we can trade and work together. Anyways, my friend code is 4768 4084 3989. Don't have much yet, but plan on really getting into the breeding portion of the game once I can.
Eilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:20 PM   #212
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eilim View Post
Just picked up a copy of Pokemon:Pearl for myself, along with diamond for my sister so we can trade and work together. Anyways, my friend code is 4768 4084 3989. Don't have much yet, but plan on really getting into the breeding portion of the game once I can.

I added you to my list.
I too have Diamond, so if your sister is being a bum, let me know.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 08:25 PM   #213
Eilim
High School Varsity

Good to know, as she just picked up "Cooking Mama" and seemed to be getting hooked on that game and playing less pokemon... Although her piplup owning my chimchar in a duel did pick up her spirits and get her talking about pokemon for bit again, even getting her motivated to pick up the strategy guide.

Oh, and wasn't sure if it was needed but my character name is "Mac".
Old 05-10-2007, 09:10 PM   #214
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:

I've gone ahead and added you too. I just recently got a copy of FF3, but I haven't really delved too much in it yet - guess I'm still addicted to this. I've been trading some with my buddy who has Diamond, as I'm not yet quite familiar with what's exclusive to what versions, I'm open to trading for whatever I suppose.

Surprisingly enough, it was just now that after all these years I've discovered he's an avid Pokemon gamer, with all those old GBC cartridges and GBA ones. He also finally admitted to having intentionally ditched me on certain days during our college years, to catch the movies in the theaters.

Geez..
tweet tweet twitter
Old 05-12-2007, 09:23 PM   #215
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If anyone needs some bred things, I'm starting to get a decent collection. A couple of extra of the Pearl fossils, I got a female Chimchar so I can breed those, etc.

SI

Old 05-12-2007, 11:14 PM   #216
Eilim
High School Varsity

There anything specific your looking for, SI? I've ben keeping my eyes out for a female chimchar on the gts myself but have only seen rediculous requests in return.(Chimchar was my starter, although now I have one of each of the starters.. all male. )
Old 05-13-2007, 01:28 PM   #217
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I wouldn't worry about stuff in return. I've got a good 80+ in my Pokedex at the moment and a lot of the stuff I want, I won't be able to get until I get the National Dex anyways.

SI

Old 05-13-2007, 03:50 PM   #218
MJ4H
Coordinator

I am buying a DS today. I am also purchasing:

Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Meteos
Zelda - The Minish Cap (GBA)

and a case with screen protectors.

Thank you for your attention.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:35 PM   #219
twothree
College Prospect

I am a Pokemon addict. Over 120 hours on my game save in 3 weeks. I never played any of the previous pokemon games anywhere near that pace.

6 badges and 125 pokemon seen in the pokedex, and almost all my pokemon are around level 33. The only hard time I have had was the 5th gym and now the 7th gym, but that I believe is mostly due to my pokemon being at too low a level compared to those gyms when I got there. I have been switching my party around and leveling up almost all of the new pokemon just to see which ones evolve.

I haven't even gone online yet to get my friend code, too many other things to do in the game besides battling in the gyms. It seems they brought back almost everything from the previous games and even added quite a bit of new stuff. I can't wait to see what opens up once I beat the Elite Four.
Old 05-13-2007, 09:51 PM   #220
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Take a look on eBay for Advance Wars...that is where I got mine...

Got a copy off eBay Marketplace, since it came in the mail I have totally shunned every other game I own. So much fun.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:57 PM   #221
MJ4H
Coordinator

I was unable to obtain Meteos (they had the Disney version but not the regular version. Didn't research the Disney version so I didn't buy it) and Minish Cap. Will try again. Also my car broke down while I was out (yes, again).

Grr. The games I got are pretty sweet. Metroid Prime Hunters has a rather unusual control scheme (!).
Old 05-13-2007, 11:02 PM   #222
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Got a copy off eBay Marketplace, since it came in the mail I have totally shunned every other game I own. So much fun.

The best series to come from the GBA generation. It's a great series. Not quite Civ 2 in it's "one more turn"-ness, but it's good at that. Simple to learn but a complex engine that is amazingly balanced- when I first picked it up, it reminded me of Starcraft in its ease of approach and just overall fun factor.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-13-2007 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:05 PM   #223
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman View Post
I was unable to obtain Meteos (they had the Disney version but not the regular version. Didn't research the Disney version so I didn't buy it) and Minish Cap. Will try again. Also my car broke down while I was out (yes, again).

Grr. The games I got are pretty sweet. Metroid Prime Hunters has a rather unusual control scheme (!).

I could never get into Hunters. Minish Cap is impossible to find these days. Mario Kart and NSMB are ridiculously fun, both better than their Gamecube counterparts.

SI

Old 05-13-2007, 11:16 PM   #224
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree View Post
I am a Pokemon addict. Over 120 hours on my game save in 3 weeks. I never played any of the previous pokemon games anywhere near that pace.

6 badges and 125 pokemon seen in the pokedex, and almost all my pokemon are around level 33. The only hard time I have had was the 5th gym and now the 7th gym, but that I believe is mostly due to my pokemon being at too low a level compared to those gyms when I got there. I have been switching my party around and leveling up almost all of the new pokemon just to see which ones evolve.

I haven't even gone online yet to get my friend code, too many other things to do in the game besides battling in the gyms. It seems they brought back almost everything from the previous games and even added quite a bit of new stuff. I can't wait to see what opens up once I beat the Elite Four.

Agreed 100% with the last paragraph. This is the most fun I've had since Gold/Silver due to its completeness. The other thing Pokemon always seems to do well is sneaking in stuff that is small but a nice idea.

I'm also at 6 badges but in just around 65 hours. Also around 125 Pokemon in the Pokedex that are seen and around 100 caught. I have 4 Pokemon in my party that aren't going anywhere, the 3 starters and Luxray- they're in the 35 to 40 range. Also, I raised a traded Skunktank until it evolved and it's nice to have around- good moves (Slash, Night Slash, Flamethrower) and can carry HMs (Cut, Strength, Defog, Rock Smash). Lastly, I have a Staravia but I'm using that as a rotating "Fly" spot.

Since 2 of my "main" Pokemon are traded, they level too fast so I'm trying to evolve a lot of stuff to fill out my Pokedex as well so I drag along something to level along with my Exp Share. It slows down growth considerably.

SI

Old 05-14-2007, 12:28 AM   #225
twothree
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
... so I'm trying to evolve a lot of stuff to fill out my Pokedex as well so I drag along something to level along with my Exp Share. It slows down growth considerably.

SI

Yes it does..., but you got to do it to fill out that Dex. Just got my 7th badge and now I am at 126 seen, 106 obtained.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:57 AM   #226
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I am buying a DS today. I am also purchasing:

Mario Kart DS
New Super Mario Bros.
Metroid Prime: Hunters
Meteos
Zelda - The Minish Cap (GBA)

and a case with screen protectors.

Thank you for your attention.

Minish Cap was the first Zelda game I disliked. Actually, truly hated is much more like it.

/tk
Old 05-14-2007, 08:50 PM   #227
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
I could never get into Hunters. Minish Cap is impossible to find these days. Mario Kart and NSMB are ridiculously fun, both better than their Gamecube counterparts.

SI

Found Minish Cap at Game Xchange. Picked up Meteos Disney for $15 too. Should be set for awhile. Played Mario Kart DS online earlier. Was easier than I expected. YAY Nintendo.
Old 05-17-2007, 05:20 PM   #228
twothree
College Prospect

Beat the Elite Four in exactly 152 hours on the Pokemon game save, the longest it has ever taken me on a pokemon game. Wow was that fun. I have even tried out the online stuff, now. The GTS is interesting, but I wish there was a toggle to only show trade requests where you already have the pokemon that someone wants.

I can't believe the amount of stuff Nintendo put into the game for you to do after you beat the Elite Four. Seriously. Now, I get to go back over all the old areas and see if I missed anything, along with exploring the new areas that have opened up.

I thought I might be able to devote some free time to other things, but I keep turning on the DS to play Pokemon. Best $35 dollars I have spent on entertainment in a long time.

Last edited by twothree : 05-17-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:11 PM   #229
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'm around 75 hours, just caught Palkia, and am on my way to the 8th gym. The lack of a National Dex is driving me nuts since there are so many Pokemon I want to catch and use but won't be able to until I beat the game.

Tho, if anyone has a spare Ditto to trade, I think I can start getting some stuff by trading up the ladder.

SI

Old 05-20-2007, 12:44 AM   #230
twothree
College Prospect

Pokemon Diamond Code: 2663 8606 2764
Old 05-20-2007, 02:30 AM   #231
hukarez
College Starter

Managed to grab Palkia with a Master Ball (not sure if I should have reserved the use of that ball for something else), and got all 8 badges and the HMs with 63 hrs vested into the game.

I was on my way accomplishing the other major goals in the game, namely having beaten the Elite Four (don't think I've used so many Hyper Potions before!) and was tackling on Cynthia when my battery died on me.

Really should pay more attention to my power light...

Still, having had saved it prior to my Elite Four competition attempt, I thought I'd go ahead and try and capture those Pokemon of the Lakes. I managed to snag Adelf and Uxie... but that Mesprit is going to be a pain in the ass. Think it took me 30-40 Pokeballs altogether just to capture the first two (not just regular Poke balls, but different ones like the Dusk and Ultras and Great balls).

EDIT: Oddly enough, I didn't think I touched the game in a day or so, and when I had loaded my save, there were journal like entries that did a recap of the past few days or so. Kind of neat....
tweet tweet twitter

Last edited by hukarez : 05-20-2007 at 02:31 AM.
Old 05-20-2007, 05:48 PM   #232
Blade
College Prospect

Alright, I broke down and got Diamond myself, and played it all weekend while on a trip. I love this game!

Anyway, I will post my code as soon as I get my wireless router going.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:20 PM   #233
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Managed to grab Palkia with a Master Ball (not sure if I should have reserved the use of that ball for something else), and got all 8 badges and the HMs with 63 hrs vested into the game.

I was on my way accomplishing the other major goals in the game, namely having beaten the Elite Four (don't think I've used so many Hyper Potions before!) and was tackling on Cynthia when my battery died on me.

Really should pay more attention to my power light...

Still, having had saved it prior to my Elite Four competition attempt, I thought I'd go ahead and try and capture those Pokemon of the Lakes. I managed to snag Adelf and Uxie... but that Mesprit is going to be a pain in the ass. Think it took me 30-40 Pokeballs altogether just to capture the first two (not just regular Poke balls, but different ones like the Dusk and Ultras and Great balls).

EDIT: Oddly enough, I didn't think I touched the game in a day or so, and when I had loaded my save, there were journal like entries that did a recap of the past few days or so. Kind of neat....

I got Uxie. Adelf cleaned my clock when I tried to catch it and I wasted a good 30 ultra balls on it, so I'll wait and go back when I can withstand its special attacks better. Mespirit is like the legendary dogs in Gold/Silver- it was a pain, but if you have something like Mean Look or, I can't remember, but Bronzor gets it- you can actually do some damage and try to catch it.

Palkia was actually easier for me- only took 5~10 ultra balls. I'm saving up my master ball for trading fodder or for something of much higher level.

I'm around 90 hours after spending a good 10 hours doing Pokemon breeding and trading this weekend. I now have all of the older gen starters and some other good trading fodder like Feebas, Bagon, Dratini, Larvitar, Horsea, etc.

That said, it's going on the back burner for this week as I'm still only at 7 badges so I need to beat the 8th gym and the E4 and get the National Dex.

SI

Old 05-21-2007, 08:32 PM   #234
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
I got Uxie. Adelf cleaned my clock when I tried to catch it and I wasted a good 30 ultra balls on it, so I'll wait and go back when I can withstand its special attacks better. Mespirit is like the legendary dogs in Gold/Silver- it was a pain, but if you have something like Mean Look or, I can't remember, but Bronzor gets it- you can actually do some damage and try to catch it.

Palkia was actually easier for me- only took 5~10 ultra balls. I'm saving up my master ball for trading fodder or for something of much higher level.

I'm around 90 hours after spending a good 10 hours doing Pokemon breeding and trading this weekend. I now have all of the older gen starters and some other good trading fodder like Feebas, Bagon, Dratini, Larvitar, Horsea, etc.

That said, it's going on the back burner for this week as I'm still only at 7 badges so I need to beat the 8th gym and the E4 and get the National Dex.

SI

I haven't gotten around to figuring out how to handle Pokemon breeding to be honest. I left some Pokemon in the Day Care, probably hoping to get an egg or so, but other than that, I've yet to come across fossils or anything of that nature.

Mesprit kind of took a lot out of me, still haven't caught it - and this was after figuring out not to use the HM Fly to get to a place near it (since it'll end up moving shortly afterwards).

I did, however, put this game on a temporary break and figured I'd give FFIII a shot since I hadn't really touched it. I got to a point in the game where I finally figured out my friend code: 373762571298.

Now I can go back and add everyone who posted their FC's onto mine...
tweet tweet twitter
Old 05-21-2007, 08:42 PM   #235
Calis
College Starter

I just picked up a DS Lite today and have been having a blast so far alternating between Puzzle Quest and Phoenix Wright. I couldn't find the first Phoenix Wright game which I heard is much better, but I'm really enjoying the 2nd. It's pretty simple so far but I'm really enjoying the gameplay and am finding the dialog to actually be pretty witty.

Puzzle Quest is just awesome all around.

I picked up Meteos as well but only played it for about 15 seconds and was completely confused. I'll have to dig into that one later.

I think I need a platformer though, but I can't decide for sure what I want. If I want to go the Mario route or maybe try a Castlevania.

What are must-have accessories for the DS? Are screen protectors a must? Anything else?
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:38 PM   #236
MJ4H
Coordinator

platformer: new super mario bros is effing awesome.

meteos: drag blocks up and down to make a series of three. when you do, the blocks become kind of like a rocket booster. if there are too many blocks on top, it may have trouble blasting off in which case you'll need to boost its power by doing another three + block combo on the rocket as it is drifting. I have meteos-disney and its basically the same thing except i think in the disney one you can drag blocks horizontally as well as vertically
Old 05-22-2007, 06:37 AM   #237
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hukarez
I did, however, put this game on a temporary break and figured I'd give FFIII a shot since I hadn't really touched it. I got to a point in the game where I finally figured out my friend code: 373762571298.

I think I published my code in this thread (at work right now), I'll add you tonight. There is a little bit of a quirk about how it works, but if you run into any issues, feel free to drop me a PM or AIM me. You should feel free to send me all the messges you need to send (7 total I think) so you can open up everything.

/tk
Old 05-22-2007, 01:53 PM   #238
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I think I published my code in this thread (at work right now), I'll add you tonight. There is a little bit of a quirk about how it works, but if you run into any issues, feel free to drop me a PM or AIM me. You should feel free to send me all the messges you need to send (7 total I think) so you can open up everything.

/tk

I didn't fully read Godzilla Blitz's post, and didn't realize his friend code was apparently for a different region of the FF3 game (I think I translated that right?)

But yours worked perfectly fine. Wasn't sure about that other friend code posted in red...is that one still legit?
tweet tweet twitter
Old 05-22-2007, 01:58 PM   #239
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
I didn't fully read Godzilla Blitz's post, and didn't realize his friend code was apparently for a different region of the FF3 game (I think I translated that right?)

But yours worked perfectly fine. Wasn't sure about that other friend code posted in red...is that one still legit?

You're correct, the FF3 Japanese version and the FF3 English version can't hook up.

Not sure about your red friend code, though.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:56 PM   #240
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

i added you to my list, so you should now be able to send me messages if you like.
to fully register someone, you need to add them to your roster then logon to the moghouse. kind of stupid, really. anyway, to open up some of the side stuff you need to send 7 messages. feel free to send them all to me, and feel free to make them short (like one character or something, text input in that part SUCKS).

my friend code (which appears twice in this thread, once in red) is
1289-3675-1245 (which should be what you've already entered)

PM me or send me a message on AIM if you run into problems (or kpilotte on GTalk)

/tk
Old 05-29-2007, 08:34 PM   #241
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Well, I beat the E4 in ~120 hours and got a full Pokedex once I saw the Dialga picture, but that's just the start Now, only ~300 more to catch

SI

Old 06-02-2007, 06:42 AM   #242
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Just got Animal Crossing and Clubhouse games.

Name: Kyle
Clubhouse Games Friend code: 1160-6550-0403

Last edited by RPI-Fan : 06-02-2007 at 06:44 AM.
RPI-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 02:21 PM   #243
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Added to the list in post 1

Also, for anyone playing Pokemon, anyone looking for some particular Pokemon (tho I'm not really referring to legendaries as I only have a few of those)? However, I do have some fairly highly sought after stuff that I can easily breed and toss a level 1 (if you want 1.5x growth) or egg (if you want it to be yours) your direction. Stuff like all starters from all 4 generations, lots of eevee's, some other assorted power pokemon early forms (dratini, larvitar, bagon, beldum, feebas etc). So, if anyone's interested, just give a shout.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 06-02-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #244
MJ4H
Coordinator

mario kart ds friend code

111768-992350
Old 06-02-2007, 02:36 PM   #245
MJ4H
Coordinator

hmm do you guys ever have your ds not detect a wireless signal thats clearly there? my laptop finds it fine from the same spot, and even moving right next to the router doesnt help. it has connected with this config fine in the past. what would cause this?
Old 06-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #246
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
hmm do you guys ever have your ds not detect a wireless signal thats clearly there? my laptop finds it fine from the same spot, and even moving right next to the router doesnt help. it has connected with this config fine in the past. what would cause this?

Not sure at all. The DS seems to connect pretty well for me. I've gotta think there was something changed with the wireless configuration, particularly the ssid or WEP/WPA passwords, but that's just a guess.

SI

Old 06-02-2007, 07:01 PM   #247
hukarez
College Starter

Quote:

I had to setup my router's encryption back to WEP rather than WPA for my DS to connect.
tweet tweet twitter
Old 06-02-2007, 07:10 PM   #248
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Not sure at all. The DS seems to connect pretty well for me. I've gotta think there was something changed with the wireless configuration, particularly the ssid or WEP/WPA passwords, but that's just a guess.

SI

It was a good guess. I use MAC filtering and I know I configured my router to allow the DS online before (I've played Mario Kart on nintendo wifi so I'm 100% positive); however, I looked at my allowed list and the DS MAC address wasn't there. No idea why, but it wasn't. Re-added it and it works like a charm.

Bizarre.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:25 PM   #249
MJ4H
Coordinator

Wow, I'm very fired up about Planet Puzzle League. Getting great reviews, n-wifi play, voice chat. Hell yeah. I have always thought the Tetris Attack/Puzzle League twist on tetris was the best. I've been playing the almost similar Meteos to hold me over, but all the damn blocks look the same. The graphics in PPL are SO distinct compared to Meteos. That alone makes me extremely happy. My eyes get so tired playing Meteos.

Anyone else interested?
Old 06-05-2007, 06:39 AM   #250
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Wow, I'm very fired up about Planet Puzzle League. Getting great reviews, n-wifi play, voice chat. Hell yeah. I have always thought the Tetris Attack/Puzzle League twist on tetris was the best. I've been playing the almost similar Meteos to hold me over, but all the damn blocks look the same. The graphics in PPL are SO distinct compared to Meteos. That alone makes me extremely happy. My eyes get so tired playing Meteos.

Anyone else interested?

Not sure I've heard of it (will be looking it up tonight when I get home).
Sounds interesting, though, I'd probably be game.

/tk