Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-14-2007, 07:06 PM   #201
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Lemme see if I've kind of got this straight.

The game basically plays in real-time, so if you ordered up 10 hours of driving (which seems to be the maximum smart amount at one time) and you could either walk away for 10 hours & come back whenever to complete the load or you could check back in 6 hours later & add another 6 hours worth of driving onto the back end of the trip?

Yup.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:44 PM   #202
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Lemme see if I've kind of got this straight.

The game basically plays in real-time, so if you ordered up 10 hours of driving (which seems to be the maximum smart amount at one time) and you could either walk away for 10 hours & come back whenever to complete the load or you could check back in 6 hours later & add another 6 hours worth of driving onto the back end of the trip?

That's exactly how it works. For that reason, it's a good idea to log in and drive until you are exhausted right before turning off the computer and letting your driver rest while you sleep. When you log on tomorrow morning, you'll be able to drive again...

Also, not sure if I mentionned that, but you can go over 10 in fatigue for refueling and repairs without being in trouble.

FM
Old 07-14-2007, 08:12 PM   #203
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I've updated and sorted the list of FOFCers in the game in my first post. If you're playing and your name isn't in there let me know your name in the game. I take a look at the list of new drivers in the game every once in a while and sometimes I recognize a name from here, but I might have missed some, or you might have signed up under a different name over there, you possibly JonInMiddleGA if you are indeed playing.

FM
Old 07-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #204
vex
Grizzled Veteran

This is my short-term goal:

1989 Volvo WIA64T
Top Speed: 60 MPH
Condition: 85%
Odometer: 1,043,222 Miles
Fuel Capacity: 200
MPG: 5.80
Price: $6,000.00
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:06 PM   #205
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
This is my short-term goal:

1989 Volvo WIA64T
Top Speed: 60 MPH
Condition: 85%
Odometer: 1,043,222 Miles
Fuel Capacity: 200
MPG: 5.80
Price: $6,000.00

That's the one I have right now. 58 MPH is a pretty sweet speed...

FM
Old 07-14-2007, 09:23 PM   #206
tarcone
Coordinator

Cruising along towards Halifax at a brisk 46 MPH. This may take me awhile to get that equipment there.
Im still 700 miles away.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:51 PM   #207
Radii
Head Coach

Hm, I said yesterday that I thought the biggest advantage the companies seem to offer is the terminals, extra bonus money for deliveries and the no fatigue repairs/gas.

If one of us saves up a ton of cash and starts a company can we buy more terminals with our own money, or do we have to buy additional terminals with company money?

That might change the strategy quite a bit. If we need company money to buy extra terminals, we need to get one started ASAP.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:53 PM   #208
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Hm, I said yesterday that I thought the biggest advantage the companies seem to offer is the terminals, extra bonus money for deliveries and the no fatigue repairs/gas.

If one of us saves up a ton of cash and starts a company can we buy more terminals with our own money, or do we have to buy additional terminals with company money?

That might change the strategy quite a bit. If we need company money to buy extra terminals, we need to get one started ASAP.

the company has to do it
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:00 PM   #209
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
... you possibly JonInMiddleGA if you are indeed playing.

Haven't started as of yet, but probably will.

Anybody know what the game policy, and in-game ramifications for that matter, of being offline for over a week might be? I'll be out of town with limited internet opportunties for like 8 or 9 days starting near the end of July, so I don't want to screw myself up in some way if that would be a problem. If not, I'll probably launch a character tonight/tomorrow.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:01 PM   #210
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I'm almost a third through the mileage requirement, now at 2,827 miles logged.

The money, well, I have $281.58 to my name at the moment, heh...

FM
Old 07-14-2007, 10:04 PM   #211
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Haven't started as of yet, but probably will.

Anybody know what the game policy, and in-game ramifications for that matter, of being offline for over a week might be? I'll be out of town with limited internet opportunties for like 8 or 9 days starting near the end of July, so I don't want to screw myself up in some way if that would be a problem. If not, I'll probably launch a character tonight/tomorrow.

I don't think there's any problem with that, just don't start a route and leave it there without finishing it, or else you'll be penalized a late fee for every day you are late.

Also, there's a "casual" mode of playing. Here's a link to the gameplay guide:
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Trukz/ind...?showtopic=214

but basically:
Quote:
Standard - Drivers must deliver their routes on time by beating the clock. Drivers will generally need to be able to access the game often in order to meet route deadlines. This is the default setting for all drivers.

Casual - Drivers are given 30 days to complete their routes. Driver end route collections are reduced 20% from the standard gameplay setting. Once the 30 days are up late penalties resume as normal.

So, if you are ever caught with having to leave without access to the net, you could switch to casual and you'd be fine.

Of course, if your driver isn't driving for a week, you'll simply be advancing through the game a bit slower than most of us, addicted on this thing.

FM
Old 07-14-2007, 10:06 PM   #212
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
the company has to do it

Hm, that changes things then. I have $3627 right now. Does anyone have more? 10K miles won't be a problem, i've got over 2K already and I know others have more after just a couple days, so getting to 10K won't be an issue. I know FrogMan is broke after having bought his new truck.

Anyway, we'll need to find a good route or two w/ the $500 cargo next week and I can run it over and over and just be as efficient as possible and see how fast i can get to 7K w/o buying anything else and get a company started. If we can get 40 people to all hop into a new company right away hopefully it'll make it attractive to others and if most of us stay active for a little while it'll take off and we can add terminals hopefully fairly quickly.

If I hadn't played with tickets and the quick rest thing I'd have over $4,000 now, I'm pretty sure I, or one of us if someone is ahead of me, can get to 7K next week to start a company.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:10 PM   #213
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

okay, the question was asked of when the supply and demand change in the week.

admin came back saying it changed twice a week, on Monday and Thursday at 12am game time.

you can find the thread here:
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Trukz/ind...#entry11603391

So it's not only once a week, but twice, and remember, it's when you "lock" the load that the bonus counts, not when you will deliver it.

FM
Old 07-14-2007, 10:12 PM   #214
molson
General Manager

Quote:

Ya, I think we should start a FOFC company as soon as someone's able to do it. You gotta start somewhere, and having 40+ members off the bat would already make us a top 10 company - the terminals should increase quickly.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:12 PM   #215
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Hm, that changes things then. I have $3627 right now. Does anyone have more? 10K miles won't be a problem, i've got over 2K already and I know others have more after just a couple days, so getting to 10K won't be an issue. I know FrogMan is broke after having bought his new truck.

Anyway, we'll need to find a good route or two w/ the $500 cargo next week and I can run it over and over and just be as efficient as possible and see how fast i can get to 7K w/o buying anything else and get a company started. If we can get 40 people to all hop into a new company right away hopefully it'll make it attractive to others and if most of us stay active for a little while it'll take off and we can add terminals hopefully fairly quickly.

If I hadn't played with tickets and the quick rest thing I'd have over $4,000 now, I'm pretty sure I, or one of us if someone is ahead of me, can get to 7K next week to start a company.

I will be delivering a cardboard ($500 bonus) from Monterrey all the way to Vancouver starting tomorrow. On top of the distance and the top5 bonus, Vancouver is a terminal city of my company, so I should cash in big on that one. Hopefully I won't break down too often...

FM

edit, hrm Vancouver has no demand for Cardboard actually. Of the cities with terminal, Billings, Atlanta, and Los Angeles all have a demand for it though. I'll find a way to make this work

Last edited by FrogMan : 07-14-2007 at 10:30 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:13 PM   #216
Radii
Head Coach

Ah cool. I'm glad to see that. It seems right now the most efficient thing to do is just pick one route and run it over and over until supply/demand change. Having it change more frequently adds at least a bit more strategy, as it might take a day+ to get to where the 'best' route is.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:16 PM   #217
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I am waiting to join a company until we have an FOFC one.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:18 PM   #218
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

just saw this on the game guide forums:
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
Company Contracts is a new feature that will be added to the game in a few days. Contracts are special jobs that a company CEO can bid on and have all members of their company work to complete. Here’s how contracts work:

1) Dallas Texas opens a contract to have 100 tons of Fruit hauled to the city within 7 days of the contract start date. Dallas has set a $2,500 reward if the contract is completed on time to be awarded to the company and a $5,000 penalty if the contract is not completed on time.
2) Bidding will be open to all companies eligible to bid on the contract for 24 hours. After 24 hours the bidding will close and the company with the lowest PPM bid will be awarded the contract.
3) The company that is rewarded the contract will have 7 days to haul 100 tons of Fruit to Dallas. All company drivers who participate in hauling Fruit to Dallas will receive the PPM rate that was bid on the contract.
4) If 100 tons of Fruit are delivered to Dallas before the 7 days are up the company will receive the $2,500 reward to be used anyway the company managers so choose (increased wages for a week, decreased collection percentages, funds towards a new terminal, whatever). If 100 tons of Fruit are not delivered to Dallas by 7 days then the company will be fined $5,000 based on the details of the contract.

That’s a pretty good overview of how contracts work in the game. Contract city and cargo selection as well as tonnage required will be randomly generated every 24 hours. Contracts with high tonnage requirements may have a minimum company size which means that smaller companies will not be eligible to bid on the contract. Contracts with low tonnage requirements may have a maximum company size which means that larger companies will not be eligible to bid on the contract.

interesting idea...

FM
Old 07-14-2007, 10:20 PM   #219
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

just realized that in my last leg of driving, at 58 MPH again, a significant tailwind allowed me to do 6.50 MPG. I'd never seen as good before...

FM
Old 07-14-2007, 10:37 PM   #220
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I am waiting to join a company until we have an FOFC one.

Just so you know, you're allowed to leave a company at any time (whether or not it's worth it to stay with a company just a week or so, I have no idea, but I'm hanging with one until the FOFC company takes off, then I'll run into my current boss's office and tell 'em off)
Old 07-14-2007, 10:52 PM   #221
Izulde
Head Coach

On as Izulde.

Wanted to start in Milwaukee or San Diego, but neither were available so I went Indianapolis.

Edit: I mean Minneapolis.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Last edited by Izulde : 07-14-2007 at 11:06 PM.
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:56 PM   #222
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I juste now realized that you can take out loans. Would have been nice to know at the start
Old 07-14-2007, 10:57 PM   #223
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
I juste now realized that you can take out loans. Would have been nice to know at the start

yeah, maybe. And before anybody suggests to take out a loan to start the company, you have to be free of loan to start the company...

FM
Old 07-14-2007, 10:58 PM   #224
vex
Grizzled Veteran

and have 10K miles
Old 07-14-2007, 11:00 PM   #225
Ragone
Pro Rookie

hehe i'm in now too.. trucker ragone
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:01 PM   #226
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
On as Izulde.

Wanted to start in Milwaukee or San Diego, but neither were available so I went Indianapolis.

I think we need a poll as to what color Izulde should paint his truck
Old 07-14-2007, 11:02 PM   #227
Izulde
Head Coach

Carrying 40k tons of Plastic from Minneapolis to Albequerque cuz New Mexicans want plastic. Got 4 hours worth of driving in (243 miles) before I hit tired.

Got about 900 miles to go, give or take.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:02 PM   #228
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Well, as a couple of you have already answered, it's the company's money that makes these purchases. However, there's a wrinkle to this, or so it seems to me, from reading the Trukz site: the CEO of a company can apparently change the Collection Percentage, Fuel Assistance, etc, by driver, so funds should be able to be raised fairly quickly, I'd think, by setting the Fuel/Repair/Ticket Assistance to zero for the wealthiest of our company, and the collection Percentage to 90% for those able to afford it, whenever we're in "terminal expansion mode." The less active members, or those who have just/are about to buy new trucks or equipment, all these percentages can remain at a normal, reasonable level. The CEO could just announce on our CB Band (this thread, silly!) that the company needs volunteers to get us a new terminal in Kamchatka or whatever, and those who can afford it and volunteer can start donating more heavily from their collections until no longer needed.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:03 PM   #229
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
I think we need a poll as to what color Izulde should paint his truck

I never did ask her if she'd made her up mind yet or not.

Old 07-14-2007, 11:04 PM   #230
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Your driver is too new to reset at this time. Please wait until after 7/18/2007 to complete the driver reset process. After 7/18/2007 you may freely reset your driver at any time.

Wonderful. Please wait until you have invested more time into the game so you won't want to reset. And have a good day.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:05 PM   #231
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Well, as a couple of you have already answered, it's the company's money that makes these purchases. However, there's a wrinkle to this, or so it seems to me, from reading the Trukz site: the CEO of a company can apparently change the Collection Percentage, Fuel Assistance, etc, by driver, so funds should be able to be raised fairly quickly, I'd think, by setting the Fuel/Repair/Ticket Assistance to zero for the wealthiest of our company, and the collection Percentage to 90% for those able to afford it, whenever we're in "terminal expansion mode." The less active members, or those who have just/are about to buy new trucks or equipment, all these percentages can remain at a normal, reasonable level. The CEO could just announce on our CB Band (this thread, silly!) that the company needs volunteers to get us a new terminal in Kamchatka or whatever, and those who can afford it and volunteer can start donating more heavily from their collections until no longer needed.

Now you're talking. I don't see any companies doing anything like this, but it seems like a great idea.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:05 PM   #232
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I nominate Radii or Frogman as CEO
Old 07-14-2007, 11:06 PM   #233
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

dola- and Crim as treasurer
Old 07-14-2007, 11:14 PM   #234
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Communist!
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:18 PM   #235
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxon View Post
I just joined as Axxon. Already have a pm asking for me to join a company South East Express. Surely that isn't anybody from here right?

I had an offer from them when I joined also. I'm just gonna wait until we have our own company I think.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:25 PM   #236
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

In as TazFTW.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 11:28 PM   #237
SnDvls
Pro Starter

if you "fudge" your load and carry a little more you get more money too
Old 07-14-2007, 11:29 PM   #238
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Now you're talking. I don't see any companies doing anything like this, but it seems like a great idea.

to build off this too...if say we needed to help someone out to get a better truck we could put them on payroll to help advance them quicker then pull them back off to help out another "member" and we'd be #1 quick
Old 07-14-2007, 11:29 PM   #239
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
if you "fudge" your load and carry a little more you get more money too

how do you do that, just carry more?
Old 07-14-2007, 11:32 PM   #240
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Joined as RP Shedson.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:34 PM   #241
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
how do you do that, just carry more?

ya

pick your cargo first then it defaults 40K then just select a higher number in red.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:35 PM   #242
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola,

beware you can get a ticket for over weight though
Old 07-14-2007, 11:36 PM   #243
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

Hm, more new info to me here, you're saying that the CEO can set the collection % on an individual basis? I thought those were global numbers for everyone in the company. That might make things kinda interesting yeah.

The big canadian company has 1000 members, 500 of them defined as "active". With an 11% collection they pulled in $33,000 in income todya, and paid out $20,000 in expenses. So even if all of us stayed active for a week and we had 40 active players immediately join the company, it seems like it'll still take a time to build up terminals. The first one will cost $5,000, 2nd one $7500, it sounds like each one costs 1.5x as much as the last, with major jumps in cost at 5 and 10 terminals.

the contracts that are going into the game might be real interesting as far as buiding a company. Having a few people commit to delivering stuff for contracts even if the rate isn't the best in the world for cash infusions to the company for completing the contract might give us a good way to grow early on.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:43 PM   #244
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Hm, more new info to me here, you're saying that the CEO can set the collection % on an individual basis? I thought those were global numbers for everyone in the company. That might make things kinda interesting yeah.

The CEO sets a global number, but it looks like you can override that with individual members. My company offers better terms to better-rated drivers.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:43 PM   #245
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:

The big canadian company has 1000 members, 500 of them defined as "active". With an 11% collection they pulled in $33,000 in income todya, and paid out $20,000 in expenses. So even if all of us stayed active for a week and we had 40 active players immediately join the company, it seems like it'll still take a time to build up terminals. The first one will cost $5,000, 2nd one $7500, it sounds like each one costs 1.5x as much as the last, with major jumps in cost at 5 and 10 terminals.

the contracts that are going into the game might be real interesting as far as buiding a company. Having a few people commit to delivering stuff for contracts even if the rate isn't the best in the world for cash infusions to the company for completing the contract might give us a good way to grow early on.

For the record, I think the terminal cost increase is at 10 and 15. 20 is the maximum amount.

I think for this game to be really worth persuing we HAVE to have an FOFC company ASAP. How to run it is the issue now. I'm all for the ideas put forth by molson, Crim, Radii, et al thus far.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:44 PM   #246
vex
Grizzled Veteran

I definitely want to buy my stock ASAP!
Old 07-14-2007, 11:45 PM   #247
Radii
Head Coach

The #2 company has a 15% collect rate, wonder why people join up with them?

I did see what you're talking about crim with some companies. One company has the CEO assigning himself a collect % of 20% and a couple of his employees with a higher collect % than everyone else.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:46 PM   #248
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
The CEO sets a global number, but it looks like you can override that with individual members. My company offers better terms to better-rated drivers.

From the game guide, for the record...

CEO - Company CEOs are the guys at the top and have the option to specify member titles, wages, and specific percentages on collections, repair assistant, refuel assistance, and ticket assistance for every member of their company. This allows CEOs to fine tune their operations and provide specific allocations to specific members as deemed necessary. When a CEO provides a member with custom member specific collections, repair assistant, refuel assistance, and ticket assistance these allocations will overide the default allocations of collections, repair assistant, refuel assistance, and ticket assistance that are set for the entire company.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:50 PM   #249
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Also, a little bit of clarification on companies...

You are indeed limited to 8 waged employees (can be changed by the CEO, VP, or HR person at any time).

However, you can have unlimited "power" positions. Meaning you can have as many HR, Finance, and/or Communications Managers as you desire. Not much advantage to being a manager, though. HR is the most functional -- you can hire and fire members and adjust wage percentages, etc.

So while you can have unlimited managers, you have to trust your financial managers especially.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:56 PM   #250
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

More on companies...

It costs $50,000 (+ some active member multiplier) to set up the 10% fuel discounts, etc. (each discount costs $50k and lasts for 60 days).

So with only 50 members, it's possible we would have a very tough time getting a lot of the benefits of companies right away. Then again, when a new company with 50-100 people shows up out of nowhere we might generate a lot of buzz and get a lot of members.