Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-07-2009, 09:51 AM   #201
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I need to support a new team.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:53 AM   #202
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I don't know what Man Utd were thinking when they went with the V on the new shirts. Those shirts make the sale of Ronaldo only the second worst thing to happen to the club this summer.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:55 AM   #203
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Btw, on that Top 10 link, I don't see what's so bad about Everton's colors. Wow, so it's pink and black. So what? It actually looks pretty decent.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #204
-apoc-
H.S. Freshman Team

I agree the Everton kit looks decent enough to me. Honestly I think the Celtic away one was the worst.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:32 PM   #205
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

In other news, all of Man City's new kits kick serious ass.

Last edited by sovereignstar : 08-07-2009 at 04:38 PM.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:00 PM   #206
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I don't like the third one. The stripe would look bad even if it weren't pink and black.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:10 PM   #207
AlexB
Pro Starter

Is anybody else playing the Premier Fansy League? Is there a FOFC league?

Fantasy Premier League - a Fantasy Football Game for the Barclays Premier League
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:19 PM   #208
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
I don't like the third one. The stripe would look bad even if it weren't pink and black.

It's red.

Last edited by sovereignstar : 08-07-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:30 PM   #209
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Not entirely sure why those Man Citeh kits are all kicking serious ass, but whatev .
Old 08-07-2009, 05:35 PM   #210
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Why my club are a bunch of fucking idiots - this is the third kit:

WTF CAN'T THAT BE OUR ROAD KIT INSTEAD OF BUMBLEBEE YELLOW?!!
Old 08-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #211
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Not entirely sure why those Man Citeh kits are all kicking serious ass, but whatev .

Wait til you see them on the field. That crappy quality picture does them no justice. They look remarkable up close IMO...
Old 08-07-2009, 05:41 PM   #212
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Yeah, the third kit is looking good. Don't know what was being thought with the yellow though.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:42 PM   #213
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:

The third kit has the look/feel of the two greatest kits of all time - Crystal Palace in the 70's and Peru

PS - I notice Palace have gone back to the classic this year: if it wasn't for them having Colin as their manager, I could have found some love...

Last edited by AlexB : 08-07-2009 at 05:43 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:52 PM   #214
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Kit 3 is freakin' awesome. Maybe they'll wear bumblebee yellow once and never break it out again. Maybe.
Coffee Warlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:14 PM   #215
whomario
Pro Starter

German Bundesliga started today as the first major league with 1 game, allways (since 2001) the defending champion and another major team opening on Friday.
Wolfsburg with a comfortable win to start their road to defend the title, 2:0 over Stuttgart. Good game by both teams, at the end the stars on Wolfsburg delivered the final punches with last seasons Top scorer Grafite and the best passing midfielder in germany Misimovic scoring.

Those 2 and Dzeko were ridicoulous last year shattering records. Grafite scored 28 goals in 25 games played, Dzeko scored 26 (21 in 16 games after the winter break ...) and Misimovic had 22 direct assists and 7 goals himself.

Grafite is the chap that scored this nice little goal which might have been the best of the year i´ve seen :

The crazy thing is all 3 were newcomers in a way. Grafite played in Le Mans before going to Wolfsburg in 2007, Dzeko came for 2,5 mio from slovenia and Misimovic played for relegation candidates Bochum and Nürnberg (who actually were relegated in 2008) before going to Wolfsburg last summer.

Talk about a match made in heaven between those 3. Now also added Obafemi Martins, who didn´t yet play today. Watch out for them in the champions league, they are really fun to watch.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #216
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts View Post
Is anybody else playing the Premier Fansy League? Is there a FOFC league?

Yes.

Fantasy Premier League 2009/10 - Front Office Football Central

I have moved the thread to general discussion for the next week or so to try to drum up more interest.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #217
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Why my club are a bunch of fucking idiots - this is the third kit:

WTF CAN'T THAT BE OUR ROAD KIT INSTEAD OF BUMBLEBEE YELLOW?!!

I wonder what happens if they have to play Inter Milan at San Siro in an European competition...
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 08-07-2009 at 06:37 PM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #218
Easy Mac

Watching Toronto-Real Madrid. Very tough to tell which team spent $300 on players this summer.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:15 PM   #219
AlexB
Pro Starter

I think it's the team that's 3-0 up after 25 minutes????
Old 08-08-2009, 05:43 PM   #220
AlexB
Pro Starter

Where is the accent from of the co-commentator on the NE/LA game on ESPN?
Old 08-09-2009, 03:58 AM   #221
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
The third kit has the look/feel of the two greatest kits of all time - Crystal Palace in the 70's and Peru

PS - I notice Palace have gone back to the classic this year: if it wasn't for them having Colin as their manager, I could have found some love...
Sure, it's kinda Peruvian, but did they really have to pick Manchester United's colors (red and black) for it?
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:07 AM   #222
Icy
Pro Starter

Tragedy yesterday in Spain. Daniel Jarque, defenseman and 1st captain of RCD Español (Spanish 1st division), died from a heart attack at 26 years old. He was the image of the team, as he joined the club's youth team when he was 12 years old and played in the different categories during his whole 14 years soccer career.

He was talking by phone with his wife, who is 8 months pregnant, then he stopped talking. The worried wife phoned other team mates, that were also worried of not seeing him in the evening meal. They went into Jarque's room to found him dead there.

He is the second young player that dies in Spain in the last 2 years from a heart attack, and everybody is asking how could it be possible with the medical checks they are supposed to pass.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/SPORT/fo...l?eref=edition

Last edited by Icy : 08-09-2009 at 04:11 AM.
Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:54 AM   #223
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIJB#19 View Post
Sure, it's kinda Peruvian, but did they really have to pick Manchester United's colors (red and black) for it?

They've used that red and black stripe before. Primarily in the 70's. Won the League Cup in 76 with it.

Edit: And I found this via wikipedia

Quote:
According to Peter Stoker, Allison was also responsible for Manchester City's red and black shirts; during his stint as assistant manager he decided the colours would turn them into AC Milan. "It certainly worked for a while," Peter says. "City lifted the FA Cup, the League Cup and the European Cup Winner's Cup in two seasons while wearing it."

Last edited by sovereignstar : 08-09-2009 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:12 AM   #224
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Nani such a pimp

Who needs Ronaldo
Old 08-09-2009, 10:33 AM   #225
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Chelsea take a 2-1 lead after a terrible non-call on Evra leads to a Chelsea counter. At least this one doesn't count for anything.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:04 AM   #226
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Is ManU always this terrible in penalties?
Old 08-09-2009, 11:07 AM   #227
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Chelsea celebrating like they actually won something important

Man Utd make penalties when they matter like in the 2008 CL Final (although they did lose to Everton in the FA Cup last year on pens). Maybe today's win erases John Terry's pain from that day.

Nice goal by Rooney in injury time to make it 2-2.

Last edited by Big Fo : 08-09-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:18 AM   #228
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Chelsea celebrating like they actually won something important

Yeah, what a bunch of idiots...

YouTube - Manchester United 2008 Community Shield Champions-celebration

edit: wtf is up with embedded youtube vids.. can't get to work

Last edited by sovereignstar : 08-09-2009 at 11:24 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:47 AM   #229
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Chelsea take a 2-1 lead after a terrible non-call on Evra leads to a Chelsea counter. At least this one doesn't count for anything.

Much as I hate Chelsea, there was no problem with the call: the ref played advantage as Rooney had the ball, and there was bugger all wrong with Evra, who is one of the worst divers & feigners of injury in the league.

Serves him right, and losing goals like that will be the only way players will learn not to pretend they are hurt to try and get others booked/the game stopped.

Having said that, Ballack probably did deserve a yellow card for his challenge when the play stopped.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:38 PM   #230
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar View Post
Yeah, what a bunch of idiots...

YouTube - Manchester United 2008 Community Shield Champions-celebration

edit: wtf is up with embedded youtube vids.. can't get to work

idk - i have that problem too with some vids sometimes
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:39 PM   #231
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Tragedy yesterday in Spain. Daniel Jarque, defenseman and 1st captain of RCD Español (Spanish 1st division), died from a heart attack at 26 years old. He was the image of the team, as he joined the club's youth team when he was 12 years old and played in the different categories during his whole 14 years soccer career.

He was talking by phone with his wife, who is 8 months pregnant, then he stopped talking. The worried wife phoned other team mates, that were also worried of not seeing him in the evening meal. They went into Jarque's room to found him dead there.

He is the second young player that dies in Spain in the last 2 years from a heart attack, and everybody is asking how could it be possible with the medical checks they are supposed to pass.

Football: Espanyol captain Jarque dies - CNN.com

god
Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #232
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Much as I hate Chelsea, there was no problem with the call: the ref played advantage as Rooney had the ball, and there was bugger all wrong with Evra, who is one of the worst divers & feigners of injury in the league.

Serves him right, and losing goals like that will be the only way players will learn not to pretend they are hurt to try and get others booked/the game stopped.

Having said that, Ballack probably did deserve a yellow card for his challenge when the play stopped.

Well Ballack himself said Chelsea may have been fortunate on the non-call.

“I have to be happy the referee didn’t blow. Maybe I blocked him a little bit,” Ballack said.

“If he would have given the foul then OK - but he didn’t. They were unlucky they conceded straight away.

“I kept on playing but when I didn’t have the ball I couldn’t see how injured he was. It is our choice to continue playing so that is it.”

There's probably 100 players in the league that dive more than Evra. He's far from one of the worst in a league that has guys like Drogba and Gerrard (who gets called on it less because the commentators are reluctant to admit it's not just the foreigners who dive).
Old 08-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #233
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well Ballack himself said Chelsea may have been fortunate on the non-call.

“I have to be happy the referee didn’t blow. Maybe I blocked him a little bit,” Ballack said.

“If he would have given the foul then OK - but he didn’t. They were unlucky they conceded straight away.

“I kept on playing but when I didn’t have the ball I couldn’t see how injured he was. It is our choice to continue playing so that is it.”

There's probably 100 players in the league that dive more than Evra. He's far from one of the worst in a league that has guys like Drogba and Gerrard (who gets called on it less because the commentators are reluctant to admit it's not just the foreigners who dive).

So you're saying there's five players per team who diver more than Evra

I give you Drogba is worse, but he's worse than everyone! And I agree Gerrard is poor for diving as well (although he doesn't do the rolling around pretending to be injured part).

But on the Man U team now Ronaldo has gone there's only Nani & Anderson who are even remotely close to Evra's antics, and I'm being harsh on Anderson.

I'd Evra isn't quite in the top 10, but nor far off.

And the point was not that it wasn't a foul (it clearly was) but that the ref saw it and played advantage as Rooney had the ball in space, which was perfectly fine. Would have been fine too if he'd have stopped play, but either decision was OK by the rules.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #234
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

All the blogs say Adu is close to joining Danish club Odense on loan. He would be joining up with former Manchester United great Eric Djemba-Djemba. At least it's playing time (hopefully)?

Last edited by Big Fo : 08-11-2009 at 06:10 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #235
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Can someone tell me what channel the US v Mexico World Cup Qualifier is being carried here in the States tomorrow afternoon. I have ESPN, Fox Soccer Channel, & Setanta and my listings don't show the game being carried live. Can that be right?
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:36 PM   #236
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
Can someone tell me what channel the US v Mexico World Cup Qualifier is being carried here in the States tomorrow afternoon. I have ESPN, Fox Soccer Channel, & Setanta and my listings don't show the game being carried live. Can that be right?

Analysis: Telemundo, its mun2 outlet, will broadcast U.S.-Mexico match.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:41 PM   #237
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Don't blame anybody for this.. Telemundo, the folks who have the rights to the game, wanted an Arm, a leg, a spleen, and a couple of ESPN's testes to give ESPN the rights
Old 08-11-2009, 10:02 PM   #238
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Hmmm, it says I need to hit my SAP button to switch to English. Gee, I don't even think my Tivo can automatically do that for me. I may have to resort to audio only, or pull out my notes from Spanish 101
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 11:37 PM   #239
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyketime View Post
Hmmm, it says I need to hit my SAP button to switch to English. Gee, I don't even think my Tivo can automatically do that for me. I may have to resort to audio only, or pull out my notes from Spanish 101
You should be able to DVR mun2 - it's being offered free for the day to all TB providers in the US. But check early in the day before you go to work to make sure it's working - I've got both Telemundo and mun2 being DVR'd just in case.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:56 AM   #240
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Anyone else's cable box guide say that Univision is showing "El Gordo y la Flaca" and "Primer Impacto" instead of the game today? Hopefully it's some kind of error.

edit: nevermind - found it on Telefutura, 4pm.

I don't have a good feeling about this one today.

edit 2: Time Warner cable has mun2 for the day but I can't find the damn thing

Last edited by Big Fo : 08-12-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:29 AM   #241
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I don't have a good feeling about this one today.

Is there any reason why US fans should have a good feeling? I mean, Mexico @ Azteca is penciled in as a loss for me, doesn't matter the other circumstances.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #242
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Comcast here it's in the 700's near other foreign channels. Took me a while. I hit guide and scrolled through everything looking for sports at 4pm until I found it.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:45 AM   #243
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Is there any reason why US fans should have a good feeling? I mean, Mexico @ Azteca is penciled in as a loss for me, doesn't matter the other circumstances.

I mean that they might not just lose, but lose badly.

Time Warner aren't offering mun2 in my area, the person on the phone said it's a regional thing

Watching it in Spanish on TV still beats a stream from the Internet at least.
Old 08-12-2009, 11:27 AM   #244
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Waiting to hear who makes the starting 11 and the bench. Hopefully Casey is the odd man out with the forwards. Something tells me Stu Holden won't make it either, he got his token training sessions in and maybe he gets a chance with the next qualifiers. Marshall is the other newb, but he plays DC so I see him getting the nod over Holden. Unless Torres gets called up for this and then doesn't even suit up. If that's the case I go back to wondering what the hell Bradley is doing (even though I love Holden since he is a Dynamo).
Old 08-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #245
Easy Mac

Supposedly Telemundo has agreed to stream it live on terra.com
Terra - En vivo - Noticias, fotos, videos
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:37 PM   #246
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

@ussoccer, the USMNT twitter account has been posting all day. The bus ride to the stadium must have been interesting, rock thrown at the bus and lines of people holding up 5-0 signs. Nice time to get our first win there, can't wait for the game.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #247
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Rumor has Casey and Marshall not in uniform, which would make me wromg and Holden is in the 18.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:16 PM   #248
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Starting lineups:

USMNT - 1-Howard; 6-Cherundolo, 5-Onyewu, 15-DeMerit, 3-Bocanegra (capt.); 8-Dempsey , 13-Clark, 12-Bradley, 10-Donovan; 9-Davies, 11-Ching

Mexico - 1-Ochoa, 2-Magallon, 3-Salcido, 5-Osorio, 6-Torrado, 8-I.Castro, 9-Franco, 10-Blanco, 16-Juarez, 18-Guardado, 17-Dos Santos
Old 08-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #249
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm avoiding this thread like the plague till after i get home and can watch the game
Old 08-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #250
Anguscl
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Supposedly Telemundo has agreed to stream it live on terra.com
Terra - En vivo - Noticias, fotos, videos

Currently watching the England - Holland match, but the US - Mexico game is also being shown through Channel Surfing: Watch Online tv sports news and entertainment for free at channelsurfing
Anguscl is offline   Reply With Quote