Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #201
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
When you get to the final tribal council and there is a relatively meek and quiet female who "backed" her way into it, she's going to win because everyone is pissed off at the other one or two folks on the council. This has happened season after season. Never ever take the female who has played a "weak" game to the end with you.

I don't agree with this at all for two reasons. First of all, Sophie doesn't even fit this description. She won three individual immunities, more than anyone else, and was a central part of the main alliance. Second of all, what you described rarely happens. It certainly didn't happen last season when Rob brought Natalie to the end. It happened to Russell, but that was a special case of someone pissing off an already bitter jury.

Coach's biggest mistake was actually not taking the meek, quiet female to the end. At F7 when he had the chance to make a move with Cochran and Edna and didn't do it, he cost himself the million. If he had taken them to the end, he would've won in a landslide.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 11:01 AM   #202
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Coach had the game won if he had done the "Boston Rob" thing, i.e. take Edna and one other (Brandon or Rick) to the final 3.

Unfortunately, he got stupid and started thinking that getting to the final 3 was the goal and he would somehow win then, regardless of who he took. Honestly, he threw this game away because of his contradictory philosophy.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #203
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
I think there was a good candidate with those three-she won more immunity challenges than them-a woman against those four athletic males she was with at the end there. And the come from behind win in the final immunity challenge to beat both Coach and Ozzy was huge-and she didn't even bring it up in the final Tribal which was a mistake on her part I think. Albert was too shady, and Coach really lost it in the last couple weeks when his "honor and integrity" went out the window and betrayed both Brandon and Rick, plus openly courting Ozzy for a Final 3.

And I think her breakdown in the previous Tribal helped to soften the hearts of some of the jury-especially Dawn, and made her more likeable. Even if Jeff Probst tried to belittle her for breaking down. And hey jury I hope you listened to Edna-all those stupid comments they made before she made her speech. If things had gone the other way and the other tribe was in control after the merge-they would have had to betray and lie to each other just like Coach's tribe did. You got outplayed by an alliance that held strong since day 1 and alienated Cochran to the point that he jumped to the other side.

Do we know who voted for Coach besides Cochran? Loved that Jeff rubbed it on Coach by asking for a vote if it was Albert, Rick, and him in the Final 3. Not taking Rick to the Final 3 was mindboggling-yeah he seemed like a nice loyal guy, but he won nothing and was out of most challenges early on. Albert kept saying how it was a mistake to take Sophie to the Final Three, and Coach didn't listen.

Oh and if there is a Brandon vs Russell Survivor-it will be the first Survivor I don't watch-until/if they both are voted out. I hope never to see a Hanse family member on that show/reunions. Previews for the new Survivor looked interesting-sharing an island and hopefully no Redemption Island.

\So the rule of thumb is don't take bitches to the final 3. Got it. And yes it was stupid thinking of coach that people would vote for rick because he was a nice guy. People NEVER just vote for the nice guy that isn't even playing the game. Badbadbad. Ehhhh I still don't see how winning challenges is a factor of why to vote for someone to win. It kinda seems like if you're a woman and beat a powerhouse man it suddenly makes you worth voting for.

Ditto on everything you said about the future. I mostly fastforwarded through russ's gobbledygook. Brandon was actually pretty cool during the reunion show. I think he needs to move far away from his nutjob relative and even out of Texas to actually straighten himself out.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 03:22 PM   #204
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by law90026 View Post
Coach had the game won if he had done the "Boston Rob" thing, i.e. take Edna and one other (Brandon or Rick) to the final 3.

Unfortunately, he got stupid and started thinking that getting to the final 3 was the goal and he would somehow win then, regardless of who he took. Honestly, he threw this game away because of his contradictory philosophy.

Actually I thought hhe played a pretty perfect Boston Rob thing. All he had to do was SAY that in final tribal and he didn't.

He really should have known that Sophie and Albert would both try and drum up votes by saying how good their strategy was. And he merely said he wasn't a strategist at all. bleh. Wanted to punch him .
Old 12-19-2011, 04:00 PM   #205
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Coach is a douche, the only thing better would have been if his ass got voted out when he didn't play the idol.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #206
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Coach is a douche, the only thing better would have been if his ass got voted out when he didn't play the idol.

Should we call him Couche then?
Old 12-19-2011, 04:20 PM   #207
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Should we call him Couche then?

We have a winnerr!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 06:37 PM   #208
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I think Jim had the best advice last night: Don't assume that everyone in the game is playing the game.

Despite Richard winning season 1 being a villain, some (most?) players still vote based upon how they were screwed in the game. Instead of looking at it as a game, most people hold grudges and vote on a personal level. This is really the most interesting facet of the game. If it were strictly gamemanship, it would be far less interesting.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #209
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I think Jim had the best advice last night: Don't assume that everyone in the game is playing the game.

Despite Richard winning season 1 being a villain, some (most?) players still vote based upon how they were screwed in the game. Instead of looking at it as a game, most people hold grudges and vote on a personal level. This is really the most interesting facet of the game. If it were strictly gamemanship, it would be far less interesting.

What I found most funny was that Brandon was taking things way too seriously when IN the game and once he was out he was laughing about it realizing he had no idea what he was doing. And he seemed then to start thinking "wow I should have done something else".
Old 12-19-2011, 08:56 PM   #210
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I liked Coach this season for the first time, but he had intense "friendships" and deals with everybody that he broke week after week. Every time, it would be coach getting up to hug the guy and they'd be totally betrayed. Not by Albert, Sophie or Rock, but by Coach. So it's no wonder that he didn't win.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:40 PM   #211
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Maybe Brandon will come back for another season. He'll start out playing exactly like he did this time but then at the first tribal council when the person he made an alliance with turns his back Brandon pulls out a folding chair and hits him across the back with it.

Then we'll see Russell walking up the path towards the tribe though the fog and reach out towards Brandon. Brandon drops a few stomps on his betrayed 'friend' and walks to Russell's corner as he rips off his shirt to show his Hantz tat. "Welcome back to the family. Oh yeah, we're back bitches!"
Old 12-19-2011, 10:20 PM   #212
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The thing is it wasn't even the people he broke deals with that cost him the victory. The three that voted for him were Cochran, Edna, and Rick, all people who he backstabbed in one way or another. The only person that held a grudge was Brandon. The 5 votes that cost him came from Savaii who couldn't stomach his honor and integrity crap. He should've really just said that was all BS he came up with to do well in the game. He might've won. But really, he should've gone to the end with some combination of Cochran, Edna, Rick, and Brandon. The jury wasn't gonna vote for any of them to win no matter how much they hated Coach.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:02 AM   #213
law90026
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Actually I thought hhe played a pretty perfect Boston Rob thing. All he had to do was SAY that in final tribal and he didn't.

He really should have known that Sophie and Albert would both try and drum up votes by saying how good their strategy was. And he merely said he wasn't a strategist at all. bleh. Wanted to punch him .

I think he didn't because Boston Rob picked the 2 pansies that he could take to the final which he knew had NO chance of winning against him.

Coach on the other hand decided (or had no choice) but to take Sophie with him.

Like Larrymcg said, any combination of Brandon, Rick, Edna and Cochran wins him the game. Big fail there on Coach's part.
law90026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 12:18 AM   #214
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Everyone it talking about Coach bringing Sophie, I think it can be argued that Sophie brought coach as well. She was presented with opportunities to change the game and seemingly didn't but maybe that was all part of her plan as well, know that she could beat him in the final.