Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-25-2007, 07:49 AM   #201
Balldog
Pro Rookie

There is a guy at OS working on a roster mod, that he anticipates will be complete by Dec 20. The mod will include all coaches, assistants, face and accessories edits. He has posted some pictures and I must say it is quite impressive. Hopefully by then some good coach mode sliders have come out and perhaps a patch will be in the works to fix a few stat issues and the sub on the fly not working for coach mode.

I'm going to go back to CH2K7 for a little while, I can't seem to pull myself from my CMU (coach mode) Legacy even though I furious that we just lost to WMU after winning our first two conference games by 30+ each.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:02 PM   #202
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm going to have to kludge together some sliders so I can play 20 minute halves and get some decent scores/stats. I haven't started a legacy yet because I haven't gotten sliders yet. I hope to start playing for real soon.
Old 11-25-2007, 03:15 PM   #203
korme
Go Reds

Since I'm a complete n00b to my brand new PS3, how do I go about obtaining real rosters?

I need a step by step here.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:22 PM   #204
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I'm going to have to kludge together some sliders so I can play 20 minute halves and get some decent scores/stats. I haven't started a legacy yet because I haven't gotten sliders yet. I hope to start playing for real soon.

I'm playing 20 minute halves and just had a very good game with my most recent sliders. They are still a work in progress but might be a nice starting place. All are the same for CPU and Human:

Player speed at 40 and game speed at 40.

Inside, Medium, and 3 point shooting success down to 48 (I might turn these down a bit more in the future)

Blocking down to 45. Steal success up to 60, Help defense and help recovery up to 55. Offensive rebounding down to 45. Dribbling down to 40. Charges at 100, all other fouls at 85 (I might turn them up a bit more, too, but I play with a perimeter oriented offense so it is hard to say if it needs to be higher.)

I'm playing on the default level (which is starter I believe.)
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 03:23 PM   #205
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Since I'm a complete n00b to my brand new PS3, how do I go about obtaining real rosters?

I need a step by step here.

Go to 2kshare and look for a set. I'm not sure of any that are out though, yet. The OS rosters are 360 only.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #206
Groundhog
Coordinator

Shorty, there was a PS3 roster out very quickly after the game's release. Check this thread:

hxxp://forums.operationsports.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=229075
Old 11-25-2007, 09:03 PM   #207
Phototropic
Mascot

Is anyone seeing fouls other than shooting? I have them all maxed but can count on one hand the number of blocks and charges and have yet to see a loose ball foul. I don't reach in manually so I don't get a lot of those either.
Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:21 PM   #208
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
Is anyone seeing fouls other than shooting? I have them all maxed but can count on one hand the number of blocks and charges and have yet to see a loose ball foul. I don't reach in manually so I don't get a lot of those either.

With fouls at 85 except for Charging at 100, I've seen about 1-2 over the backs a game, a few reaching in calls, and a few blocking calls. However, I was attributing the low number to the fact that I'm a perimeter oriented team. I've had had games where I've gotten a dozen or so fouls in a half by going more heavily inside to my PF and C and trying to draw contact.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #209
korme
Go Reds

YTou guys are drunk or either just mis-interpret "step-by-step".

I don't know what 2kshare is. Is that an option inside College Hoops (which I don't have yet)? Do I have to be connected to the internet?

I feel like an old man, all outdated and whatnot.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:43 PM   #210
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yes, you need to be connected to the internet. 2kshare is an option within the game under one of the main submenus. I think it is titled extras or something like that. I'll edit this to say for sure exactly the name of the submenu once the Eagles game is over and I pop in College Hoops. Once you click on 2kshares, you select what you want to look for. Rosters is the choice you'll want, and then you just need to weed through the rosters to find the one you want. The one in that OS thread probably would be a decent one to check out.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:27 PM   #211
korme
Go Reds

Thanks EF. As it is, I'll have to find a fancy way to connect my internet cord to my PS3, which is a considerable distance away.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:34 PM   #212
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ok, in the main menu you click on "features", then click on "2k share" and then click on brose shares. Then you have a choice of clicking on the top 100 files, top 100 users, or latest files. Hopefully, the PS3 roster you want will be in the top 100 files.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:36 PM   #213
korme
Go Reds

Thanks again studly
Old 11-26-2007, 05:47 AM   #214
Phototropic
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
With fouls at 85 except for Charging at 100, I've seen about 1-2 over the backs a game, a few reaching in calls, and a few blocking calls. However, I was attributing the low number to the fact that I'm a perimeter oriented team. I've had had games where I've gotten a dozen or so fouls in a half by going more heavily inside to my PF and C and trying to draw contact.
I may drop them back down. It could be one of those situations where it takes just the right combination, or maybe my shooting fouls are dominating any opportunity for the others. I know I saw a lot of over the back last year.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:51 PM   #215
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Anyone know what sliders will "enable" fast breaks? It could be my team, as I have started a legacy with the Citadel, but I've only seen about 5 fastbreaks in my 8 games thus far.

Btw, the Citadel is 1-7 - we won our first game and then lost 7 straight. I finally had the patience today to learn some of the different moves in the game (I'm horrible at getting down stuff like "left analog stick - opp hand - Y - Y" - it's too much for me). Anyway, after getting blown out by 50 against Davidson, we then went to Washington State and were only down by 2 at the half. Of course, the second half quickly dissipated into a hellish, 80-54 loss, but hey - we were only losing 30-28 at halftime!
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 11-27-2007 at 12:52 PM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:06 PM   #216
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Anyone know what sliders will "enable" fast breaks? It could be my team, as I have started a legacy with the Citadel, but I've only seen about 5 fastbreaks in my 8 games thus far.
What difficulty level are you playing on? If it's either of the top two levels (All-American or MOP), you probably won't see any, and the game has historically jacked up the CPU players' speed on those levels. Somehow, I don't think you're playing on either of those levels, but I figured I'd take a stab at it.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:13 PM   #217
Icy
Pro Starter

Grrrrr still waiting for the postman to bring me the game, every new day is a torture.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:26 PM   #218
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
What difficulty level are you playing on? If it's either of the top two levels (All-American or MOP), you probably won't see any, and the game has historically jacked up the CPU players' speed on those levels. Somehow, I don't think you're playing on either of those levels, but I figured I'd take a stab at it.

Yeah, just starter for me. Is no one else noticing this? If so, it's just my stinky team, but I'd think even teams like the Citadel get fastbreaks everyone once in a while. Btw, I did notice that my coach settings have them (properly) set as a slow-it-down type of team. Perhaps that's it?
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 11-27-2007 at 01:26 PM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 01:54 PM   #219
korme
Go Reds

Dude. Getting real rosters/coaches made a world of a difference.
Old 11-27-2007, 03:04 PM   #220
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Yeah, just starter for me. Is no one else noticing this? If so, it's just my stinky team, but I'd think even teams like the Citadel get fastbreaks everyone once in a while. Btw, I did notice that my coach settings have them (properly) set as a slow-it-down type of team. Perhaps that's it?

I'm having a hard time generating any fast break with Princeton on Starter level as well, but when I played as USC, I was getting 3-5 fastbreaks a game. I think it is partially the talent level, but I also think it is important to knock down ball handling and up stealing a bit to generate more turnovers. There aren't nearly enough at default levels (which is the opposite of last year.)
Old 11-27-2007, 03:31 PM   #221
Radii
Head Coach

I'm not getting many fast breaks, but at this point layups I get after breaking a team's full court press seem to take its place nicely :/
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 05:17 PM   #222
Groundhog
Coordinator

FINALLY my game arrives. Unfortunately, so does my girlfriend, home from overseas.

Might not get much of a chance to play this sucker for the next few days.

(I hope she doesn't read this)
Old 11-27-2007, 05:32 PM   #223
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Might not get much of a chance to play this sucker for the next few days.
How dare you refer to your girlfriend that way!
Old 11-28-2007, 02:13 PM   #224
BigDPW
College Prospect

Anyone thought of doing a group career dynasty with a team. Similar to what we have done with FOF in the past. Maybe three or four of us could pick one team act as head coach, assistant head coach, recruiting coordinator, etc. With 2KShare now available it would seem pretty easy to get the file to everyone.

I think it is a neat idea and we could post in the dynasty thread.

Someone could do the reporting (pictures, game reports, etc.) The rest of us could play roles on the staff.

Let me know if you are interested.

I am having a blast with this game but I just don't have enough time to dive in and play out my own dynasty right now.

I am really enjoying EF27 and Radii's dynasties.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 04:57 PM   #225
Groundhog
Coordinator

Man, this game is hard.

I picked Eastern Illinois. They have a decent roster with a quick PG, a great young SG, and a solid rebounding freshman C. I quick simmed most of the first season, and thought that I'd done great in recruiting. I targetted mainly ranked 2 star players, and managed to nab 4, including one SG from Washington very late in recruiting who my scouts thought was off the charts.

Well, turns out they all stunk. 2 of the guys started ranked in the high 40s overall, while a 6'10 C I got was a 54 (good inside scoring, low everything else - I had high hopes for this guy), and the hotshot SG was a 56 with poor shooting ratings (I scouted him as an A in this area). I'll have to see how these guys improve over the seasons to come, but right now it looks like they'll struggle to reach the level of my current starters. I really need to improve my scouting, me thinks.

I'm only a few games in to my second season, but I've tried to recruit a few 3-star players as well. It's not easy as we always start at the bottom of their list, though it looks like a few of the JuCo guys are attainable.

Overall, I like the challenge, but still feel like I'm getting my head around what level of players we should be chasing.

It sure is hard playing decent teams though! I played Notre Dame last night and had to quicksim because we were down by 45 about 5 mins in to the second half. I just couldn't buy a basket with anyone, while Notre Dame killed us on the boards and made their open looks.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:33 PM   #226
Radii
Head Coach

I started my first game in my Elon Dynasty against a team that plays a zone today... I was JUST starting to make some improvements when I had that thrown at me. Holy shit I couldn't do anything. I was down 24-4 before a small run kept me in the game at least.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:29 PM   #227
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm getting into a nice dynasty with Long Island. Whoever said size really matters this year (yes, very funny) was dead right. I picked up a 2 star 7'2 center right at the end of recruiting who is basically a scrub. Decent rebounding, great strength and mostly F's elsewhere. The only reason he was a 2 star I guess is that they give a letter grade for size this year.

Anyway, this guy absolutely dominates in the paint. He swats shots away like they are nothing and doesn't even need to jump to get rebounds. I recruited another hot shot center who is money in the low post, so together they should give me a lot of success in the next 4 years.

Haven't succeeded in getting any shooters (my highest rated 3 point guy is only 71) but I'm having good success on the fast break with fast PG's with high steal ratings.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:00 PM   #228
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Man, this game is hard.

I picked Eastern Illinois. They have a decent roster with a quick PG, a great young SG, and a solid rebounding freshman C. I quick simmed most of the first season, and thought that I'd done great in recruiting. I targetted mainly ranked 2 star players, and managed to nab 4, including one SG from Washington very late in recruiting who my scouts thought was off the charts.

Well, turns out they all stunk. 2 of the guys started ranked in the high 40s overall, while a 6'10 C I got was a 54 (good inside scoring, low everything else - I had high hopes for this guy), and the hotshot SG was a 56 with poor shooting ratings (I scouted him as an A in this area). I'll have to see how these guys improve over the seasons to come, but right now it looks like they'll struggle to reach the level of my current starters. I really need to improve my scouting, me thinks.

I'm only a few games in to my second season, but I've tried to recruit a few 3-star players as well. It's not easy as we always start at the bottom of their list, though it looks like a few of the JuCo guys are attainable.

Overall, I like the challenge, but still feel like I'm getting my head around what level of players we should be chasing.

It sure is hard playing decent teams though! I played Notre Dame last night and had to quicksim because we were down by 45 about 5 mins in to the second half. I just couldn't buy a basket with anyone, while Notre Dame killed us on the boards and made their open looks.

I'm also playing with Eastern Illinois. Still playing in my first year, I'm 11-4(6-2) so far. Austin Peay is a pretty good team it seems. We just couldn't play catch up with them. Our signature win so far was beating Iowa(10-6) in the the Hawkeye Invitational Championship. I was pretty pumped and shocked that we even beat them by two.

As for EIU's players, yeah, the PG Mike Robinson(the OS file had the wrong name), he's pretty quick and is avg. 11.7 ppg. The SG, Romain Martin, wow. I can't say enough about him. In his first game of the season he scored 42 points!(I'm playing 14 min halves, btw) Through 15 games he is averaging 24.9 ppg, which is 3rd in the nation. Dorlack(the center) is doing alright for me, but I really play a perimeter game to Martin open.

Recruiting is going horrible for me. I'm tempted to scrap the recruiting year and start fresh next year, saving my 3 schollies.

Go Panthers!
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 07:15 AM   #229
Phototropic
Mascot

I had a great game and my first win on MOP last night. Marshall defeated William & Mary 79-63. I went on a run midway through the first and kept a double digit lead the rest of the way. I'm thinking about knocking human and CPU shooting down to 47s to drop the FG percentages.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:02 AM   #230
rjolley
College Starter

Does anyone know if they added conference movement to the game? I haven't seen it mentioned. It would be nice if you could build up a team to dominate it's conference for a few years and have one of the larger conferences call and ask you to join.

Last edited by rjolley : 11-29-2007 at 09:02 AM.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:25 AM   #231
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Does anyone know if they added conference movement to the game? I haven't seen it mentioned. It would be nice if you could build up a team to dominate it's conference for a few years and have one of the larger conferences call and ask you to join.

There is a conference realignment option at the beginning of the game, but I can't recall if that is for manual realignment before you start or if it is a dynamic conference movement system.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:28 PM   #232
Galaxy
Coordinator

So I take it "charisma" is a key rating to have when it comes to recuiting? Also, what does it take for a transfer to come to your school? EF27's dynasty has Yale (I think, I can't remember) getting an incredible (I think he is a 91-rated junior) shooting guard who left Arizona due to PT.

Finally, can you try to get underclassmen to stay?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:36 PM   #233
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
So I take it "charisma" is a key rating to have when it comes to recuiting? Also, what does it take for a transfer to come to your school? EF27's dynasty has Yale (I think, I can't remember) getting an incredible (I think he is a 91-rated junior) shooting guard who left Arizona due to PT.

Finally, can you try to get underclassmen to stay?

Yup, Charisma is the key attribute to building up your recruit's interest in your school (outside of your school's prestige). I think transfers are random. At the beginning (or end, I can't recall) of the season there is a transfer phase, and you are informed if any players wish to transfer to your school, and you can then reject or accept the transfer.

As for underclassmen, well, I'm only one season in with a bad school so no one left early, but I don't believe you can influence them from what I've seen on the OS forums.
Old 11-29-2007, 09:58 PM   #234
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post

Not certain, but I think it's just at the start of the dynasty, and not year-to-year based on results.

On another note, this game is quite tough. I tweaked my Wright State players' ratings and now we're rated as the second best team (tied) in the Horizon League. We're 11-2 (4-0) so far. Almost all of my games have been close. But I won 2 or 3 recent games by a large margin against average conference foes and so I thought I was ready for the next difficulty level...I was wrong. I moved from the middle difficulty level to the 2nd hardest level when I had a home game against 1-11 Youngstown State. We fell down 9-5 and were in trouble so I switched it back to the middle difficulty level. We barely pulled out a 6 point win at HOME vs a 1-11 team. Argh. I still have a ways to go before I'll be ready to move up a level. Maybe after my first full season. I am up to #24 in the country and I'm hoping to be good enough for an at-large bid in case we lose to Butler in the conference tourney.

Having lots of fun with it though. In this season of Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, and Mass Effect among others...College Hoops 2k8 is getting a lot of playing time.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:27 AM   #235
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm kind of having a tough time finding a setting for my legacy. All-Conference plays pretty nice, but I have a feeling I'll be able to dominate it when I get familiar with the team. I played on MOP last year and after a few seasons was a top 10 team with Gonzaga. Since they really dumbed down the human defense this year, I'm thinking All-American may be the best bet. Will probably take a beating early on but should be able to figure out the team by conference play.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:04 AM   #236
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'm kind of having a tough time finding a setting for my legacy. All-Conference plays pretty nice, but I have a feeling I'll be able to dominate it when I get familiar with the team. I played on MOP last year and after a few seasons was a top 10 team with Gonzaga. Since they really dumbed down the human defense this year, I'm thinking All-American may be the best bet. Will probably take a beating early on but should be able to figure out the team by conference play.

Must be a nice problem to have I don't know if I'll ever advance past the Starter difficulty!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:09 AM   #237
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Must be a nice problem to have I don't know if I'll ever advance past the Starter difficulty!

Same here. Starter is very good for me right now. I think the 3rd setting (All-conferece?) is the highest I might ever go
Old 11-30-2007, 09:17 AM   #238
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Default is a good challenge for me as well.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:43 AM   #239
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I am not sure about this but I think if you have an open scholly not offered to anyone in the off season you will get transfers to come in. I just got a 83 Center from Florida to come to my team, which is good cause my current starter is a Senior so when he leaves I will have someone who can come in and be a better player.

I took my team to the final four in my PG's senior year(the one who transfered here before) and man that kid is a legend. I am considering buying NBA2k8 just to see how his career turns out.

Great game but college 2nite sucks.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:49 AM   #240
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, well I'm going to try some things after halftime that may seem counter-intuitive to most. I guess you'll see what I mean by that.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:50 AM   #241
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
Yeah, well I'm going to try some things after halftime that may seem counter-intuitive to most. I guess you'll see what I mean by that.
You're going to shoot at your own basket so you can get a bunch of rebounds and get a triple-double?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:51 AM   #242
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Anyone thought of doing a group career dynasty with a team. Similar to what we have done with FOF in the past. Maybe three or four of us could pick one team act as head coach, assistant head coach, recruiting coordinator, etc. With 2KShare now available it would seem pretty easy to get the file to everyone.

I think it is a neat idea and we could post in the dynasty thread.

Someone could do the reporting (pictures, game reports, etc.) The rest of us could play roles on the staff.

Let me know if you are interested.

I am having a blast with this game but I just don't have enough time to dive in and play out my own dynasty right now.

I am really enjoying EF27 and Radii's dynasties.

I'm interested, but what would an assistant do?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:34 AM   #243
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

I had an 11 point lead at the half last night and the halftime report was that "I was taking special measures to make sure that we don't run up the score and embarrass the other team" ... really? It was barely a double digit lead!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:05 AM   #244
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

This game is freakin awesome. I just finished my first season with Rutgers. We made it to the semi-finals in the Big East Tournament but lost to UConn.

My best game so far was against WVU. I came back from a 20-point deficit to win by two points.

Now I'll be heading to NBA2K8 for this season, and then back to CH after the draft, basically alternating between seasons.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #245
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:
I'm interested, but what would an assistant do?
There are several things that individuals could focus on.

1- scouting looking at who we should scout
2- recruiting who should we recruit heavily - how many points to spend - then to offer schollies
3- rotation/lineup (how many minutes to give each player - if we are simulating - how deep to let our bench go)
4- who to cut
5- if someone has a vid capture method at home we could put up the weekly review show
6- someone could act more as a reporter or newspaper to highlight what else is going on in the world of college basketball?
7- if we wanted to have someone coach the games out or play them out then the head coaches could do that
8- development of players (one coach could focus on using the development system to improve each player in specific attributes) and/or play out individial training sessions

There is probably more stuff to do than I am mentioning here but I think this is the gist. I have not completely fleshed this all out in my mind yet either but I think there is some possibilities there for a group dynasty to happen if people were interested.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:44 PM   #246
Mota
College Benchwarmer

I'm loving it so far.

9-1 as Florida in my first season (very low caliber opponents so far though). Got 2 5-Star recruits in the early recruiting, so I'm really anxious to see them next year.

Florida is fairly tough in this season as they have no seniors and very low team unity. However their roster is packed with young prospects and will be awesome in the 2-3 years.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 09:43 PM   #247
Groundhog
Coordinator

I started again on the weekend with a closed legacy, picking Long Island University. It's a tough team to score points with I've found because, outside of a good shooting SF, there isn't really another guy with a 71 or better rating from anywhere outside the key. Having two quick guys in the backcourt and pressing all the time has helped, but the few decent teams we've played have been real struggles for us because when they go on a run we don't have the firepower to catchup. We are currently 6-8 (2-2) with me playing every second game.

I played perhaps the most frustrating game yet last night. Going up against New Hampshire and up by 15 with 8 minutes remaining, NH's SG just catches on fire. He knocks down 4 threes in a row and we can't buy a basket and the lead dissapears. My guy marking their SG is always sagging off him, so I take control of him myself and try and stick to him, but he pump fakes a few times to get me to try and block the shot and then takes it inside for a couple of nice drives. He finished with about 30 points for New Hampshire, and we lost by 4.

One thing I learnt from it is that during those inevitable runs I really need to take a real time out, pause the game, and get a drink or something, because I get frustrated and just starting running a "1 pass and shoot" offense... which is pretty realistic, now that I think of it.

Recruiting has been nice and tough too. I'm limiting myself to one 3-star international recruit every 4 seasons because it looks like (much like FBCB) its far too easy to land them. With my 4 scholarships I've offered 3 to 2-star players (a 7'0 who can do nothing but rebound, a 6'8 SF who is rated Cs across the board buy with B+ potential, and a 6'2 JuCo PG who looks pretty unremarkable at this point, and may be dropped), and 1 to a 3-star Nigerian PF who is a B-graded rebounder by my scouts, but is otherwise an unknown quantity. I'm also considering keeping 1 scholarship open in order to allow for the possibility of a transfer.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:53 PM   #248
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
I started again on the weekend with a closed legacy, picking Long Island University. It's a tough team to score points with I've found because, outside of a good shooting SF, there isn't really another guy with a 71 or better rating from anywhere outside the key. Having two quick guys in the backcourt and pressing all the time has helped, but the few decent teams we've played have been real struggles for us because when they go on a run we don't have the firepower to catchup. We are currently 6-8 (2-2) with me playing every second game.

I'm in season 3 with the Blackbirds now. Have fun in season 2 once the SF leaves... he averaged like 25 points in all the games I controlled.

I was pretty much forced to go very up-tempo, the soph PG at the start of the game is pretty good off the dribble and most of my points come off of his penetration and kick-outs now. Managed to win the conference championship in season 2 with the help of a great C I managed to recruit, that year I picked up four 3 star guys who are all getting big minutes and I'm pretty much the best team in the conference (although unity is really low and I'm still having trouble with Wagner and St. Francis PA).
Old 12-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #249
bhlloy
Coordinator

DOLA - one interesting thing I've found with recruiting is that all the guys that fall to me (i.e. the guys that the big boys aren't interested in) are really rated much lower in terms of potential than I scout them. Season one I picked up a 3 star JuCo SF who I thought had B+ potential, who came in at D potential and 56 overall. I've also had a couple more B+ potential guys who came in at C potential in reality.

Of course, this completely makes sense that the only guys who are interested in LIU are being ignored by the better teams because they are overrated, but in previous years I've always had A & B potential guys early on and scouting seemed to be way more accurate. In fact in 2k7 and 2k6 I can't think of a single guy I got who was a "bust" (like the aforementioned SF) and didn't come in to the program at pretty close to what I thought I was getting.
Old 12-02-2007, 10:03 PM   #250
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I'm in season 3 with the Blackbirds now. Have fun in season 2 once the SF leaves... he averaged like 25 points in all the games I controlled.

I was pretty much forced to go very up-tempo, the soph PG at the start of the game is pretty good off the dribble and most of my points come off of his penetration and kick-outs now. Managed to win the conference championship in season 2 with the help of a great C I managed to recruit, that year I picked up four 3 star guys who are all getting big minutes and I'm pretty much the best team in the conference (although unity is really low and I'm still having trouble with Wagner and St. Francis PA).

Yeah, I'm worried about that! My second leading scorer is usually the SNR PF, too, so that'll hurt too. There is a decent freshman PF on the roster (I'm not using the real names in this legacy, but he's a 6'7 200lbs-ish guy who is rated in the mid-60s for midrange shooting) who may see his contributions increase a lot.