Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #201
Tasan
College Starter

Dallas strolled down the field and punched it in from the 1 with a Marion Barber TD. So far so good, unless you're from Cleveland.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #202
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Wow, the Bills just DISMANTLE the Seahawks.

A number of crazy plays in this one - if you get the chance, you HAVE to see the Roscoe Parrish punt return for a TD, as he makes a number of sick moves to score.

They also fake a field goal and the Hawks don't even cover the defensive end who was lined up wide - another easy six points.

Great game for Bills fans.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #203
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bah - Pacman with his first of what I expect to be many pass interference penalties.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:54 PM   #204
Northwood_DK
College Benchwarmer

41yds TD by Gore
Northwood_DK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:58 PM   #205
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
direct tv can go screw themselves...i cant believe the first week of sunday ticket isnt free this season.

and to add insult to injury, they have added the ability to buy a single game if you want only one, instead of the whole season ......FOR 45 BUCKS...one game, 45 bucks...and only in standard def..no HD!

i cant even express how pissed i am at them right now

Best post of the day, if dumb posts win that award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jas_lov View Post
Would have been nice to see Favre lose to the worst team in football last year. I really hope Brady is back next week and the Patriots pound the Jets into submission.

What the hell is this about? You hate Favre now? Are you really TT?
Old 09-07-2008, 04:06 PM   #206
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I'm still stick in traffic. Fuck Pittsburgh. Fuckit up its stupid ass
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:08 PM   #207
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I'm still stick in traffic. Fuck Pittsburgh. Fuckit up its stupid ass

What are you complaining about. Only been like an hour! You are out of the parking lot right? That is progress
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:10 PM   #208
Raiders Army
Coordinator

What the hell. Throw it to Jackson, not Chambers.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:12 PM   #209
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
What the hell. Throw it to Jackson, not Chambers.

He was always better than his rep is Miami

Last edited by AlexB : 09-07-2008 at 04:13 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #210
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

So I made the right choice (so far) in starting Chambers as my WR3?
Old 09-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #211
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Sure. Any time a WR gets a TD that's great. I'm not so sure Rivers is going to do well early in the season. He looks horrible.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:37 PM   #212
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
No worries, Scott Fujita with the pick to end the game. Saints with a nice win. Reggie Bush was very impressive today.

I thought the Bucs did a great job containing Bush...until that one play.

All in all, the Bucs look okay, but Jeff Garcia is looking old...Galloway is looking old...Antonio Bryant is looking old...Warrick Dunn is looking...well, he still looks young, but he's not much of a factor these days. Derrick Brooks still looks good, except when he's hurt on the bench...and his replacement can't touch Reggie Bush to save his life (or in this case, in order to save the game).

One sour grapes moment early in the game: The Saints receiver did make a "football move" when he caught the ball and braced for the ensuing hit that jarred the football loose, that would've been a touchdown...but those things happen, you can't review a judgement.

Anyway,

The Saints looked good today, especially the D-Line, congrats on the win.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:49 PM   #213
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts View Post
We were robbed on that drive if the clock on the TV was right - on the 3rd down conversion before the TD the play clock had clearly run out before the ball was snapped, but no-one challeneged it.

Still, overall we didn;t really deserve to win, and the Jets went much softer on D after they went 13 up.

I noticed that too, but maybe that clock was inaccurate. I did think the pass interference was called unevenly. The penalty that set up the last Jets TD was a 50/50 call, but the Dolphins receivers weren't getting the benefit of calls in similar situations.

I didn't like the offensive playcalling in this one. As I poisted earlier, what's the point of play action on 3rd and 11? Too many short passes throughout. We need to open up the passing game so our RB's will have some space.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:03 PM   #214
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I noticed that too, but maybe that clock was inaccurate. I did think the pass interference was called unevenly. The penalty that set up the last Jets TD was a 50/50 call, but the Dolphins receivers weren't getting the benefit of calls in similar situations.

I didn't like the offensive playcalling in this one. As I poisted earlier, what's the point of play action on 3rd and 11? Too many short passes throughout. We need to open up the passing game so our RB's will have some space.

The only problems are Chad hasn't got an arm, Ginn can't run routes, which leaves Fasano (who looked excellent today) or Greg 'Is This The Way To' Camarillo who are both possession type who don't stretch the field. Basically the passing game isn't going to threaten anyone - we need Ronnie and Ricky to open up the pass.

Chad is as good a QB as we can get and is a good match for our receivers - if they aren't going to get downfield we need someone who generally is accurate and protects the ball (forget the last INT - may as well take a chance).

I thought the interference call on Goodman was harsh as well, he seemed to be turned around and they were both pulling at each others arms.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:12 PM   #215
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz View Post
Wow, the Bills just DISMANTLE the Seahawks.

A number of crazy plays in this one - if you get the chance, you HAVE to see the Roscoe Parrish punt return for a TD, as he makes a number of sick moves to score.

They also fake a field goal and the Hawks don't even cover the defensive end who was lined up wide - another easy six points.

Great game for Bills fans.

The Bills did look good, but the Seahawks looked just horrible. No run blocking (go go revamped running game), no pass blocking (Hasslebeck got pounded on), no special teams (Plackemeier looked atrocious, and he could have tried to tackle Parrish but just stopped), and even the 1 FG Seattle got was a lame duck that barely went through.

Combine that with Burleson (that's the top 4 receivers now) and Morris going down and Arizona fans should be excited. Hopefully Seattle can come home for the 2 games they have next and settle down.

(Yes, I love my parentheses!)
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:14 PM   #216
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm annoyed that Brady got injured.

Not so much because of any games he'll miss, but because of all the myopic coverage the media is going to give us to eat. I might as well eat a bullet and spare myself the pain.

And that was my opinion before everyone began analyzing and questioning whether it was a dirty play or not. I swear, I fee like an alien left on this earth sometimes.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-07-2008 at 05:15 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:16 PM   #217
Thomkal
Head Coach

So who were the people who said in the draft thread that the Falcons shouldn't pick a QB with their first rounder?
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:17 PM   #218
Thomkal
Head Coach

anybody getting the Ari/SF game and tell me how my beloved Cards are looking?
Old 09-07-2008, 05:18 PM   #219
MJ4H
Coordinator

yay for Felix Jones. 1 carry, 1 TD.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:21 PM   #220
Tasan
College Starter

So, no Cleveland fans here today? Anyone?

Tony needs to just have a seat today. He's done alright and the game is just about in hand.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:30 PM   #221
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So who were the people who said in the draft thread that the Falcons shouldn't pick a QB with their first rounder?

{raises hand}

Let's talk again after, say, 4 games and then we'll see. At this point, I'm not even convinced Ryan has played a game against NFL competition yet.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #222
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
{raises hand}

Let's talk again after, say, 4 games and then we'll see. At this point, I'm not even convinced Ryan has played a game against NFL competition yet.

yeah i agree with you, but had to rub it in when he had such a nice debut. Hope he keeps it up, be nice for the Falcons to have a positive story for a change
Old 09-07-2008, 05:43 PM   #223
Jas_lov
College Starter

4th and 3, down 21 and the Browns kick the FG. Doesn't make much sense.
Jas_lov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #224
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

I don't know whats wrong with Cleveland today. I never expected them to win the game, but I hoped it would be close. The defense looks bad. Too many times a reciever has been wide open and they're not getting any pressure on the QB.
Old 09-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #225
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Best post of the day, if dumb posts win that award.

sorry, but what exactly about this post is dumb....every single sport that directv carries for every single season EXCEPT this football season has been a 'free preview' since the beginning of the existence of satellite TV.

assuming that today would be free is the most logical thing imaginable...did you even have the slightest idea what the fuck you were talking about before you called me dumb?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 05:54 PM   #226
TheOhioStateUniversity
High School Varsity

Cleveland fan here, the defense looks rather disappointing considering the recent additions to the line. The secondary looks completely horrible but has largely been ignored by management this offseason. We can only hope the offense clicks against Pittsburgh because with a bend but don't break defense (hopefully) there will be a lot of shootouts this year.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:04 PM   #227
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
sorry, but what exactly about this post is dumb....every single sport that directv carries for every single season EXCEPT this football season has been a 'free preview' since the beginning of the existence of satellite TV.

assuming that today would be free is the most logical thing imaginable...did you even have the slightest idea what the fuck you were talking about before you called me dumb?

Pay for it, problem solved. If it doesn't fit into your budget then don't get pissed at them for the price or for not giving it to you for free. What other companies do you "hate" because they aren't fair to you?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:07 PM   #228
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729 View Post
I don't know whats wrong with Cleveland today. I never expected them to win the game, but I hoped it would be close. The defense looks bad. Too many times a reciever has been wide open and they're not getting any pressure on the QB.

It may not really be Cleveland's defense.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #229
Tasan
College Starter

So who else is glad they started Michael Turner today?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:08 PM   #230
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
So who else is glad they started Michael Turner today?

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #231
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola doubly so since my QB is Brady and he was a big bust for me today. Turner won the week for me.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:13 PM   #232
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Dola doubly so since my QB is Brady and he was a big bust for me today. Turner won the week for me.

except my QB was Palmer and his sub 100 yard day. I have a 20 point lead with Addai and Wayne to go, and he's got Viks D and McFadden left.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #233
Tasan
College Starter

What is Carolina doing hanging with the Chargers in this game?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #234
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Pay for it, problem solved. If it doesn't fit into your budget then don't get pissed at them for the price or for not giving it to you for free. What other companies do you "hate" because they aren't fair to you?

again, every single sport, for every single season, since 1996 has been a free preview for the first week...got that....MLB, NBA, and NHL are an entire WEEK of games to try to entice you to purchase the product....so in addition to raising the price of the Sunday Ticket to almost 300 bucks this season, they have taken away the free preview weekend and instead are offering single games at 45 dollars a game...again, i ask, do you even have directv or are you just talking out of your ass?...how about you just suck my balls instead of me paying for it [smiley of me giving cringer the finger /smiley]
Old 09-07-2008, 06:14 PM   #235
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
What is Carolina doing hanging with the Chargers in this game?

Not sure, but as long as Carolina doesn't score 38, I don't care

Old 09-07-2008, 06:15 PM   #236
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

i am playing against the guy with Brady today, so i am loving the whole injury thing....sorry.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #237
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

49ers are less than 2 minutes away from losing to the Cardinals at home.

Mike Nolan was wearing his suit today. At this point, it's like putting lipstick on Arno from Green Acres. I think the suit industry should protest Nolan for denigrating their clothing. I'm now calling Nolan the Suit Of Failure, or SOF.

The Cardinals managed to have the ball for nearly the entire 4th quarter. Martz will help the offense, but turnovers were crucial. O'Sullivan threw a pick and fumbled, and Takeo Spikes fumbled a short kickoff.

It's only the first game, but I get the feeling the only thing that could save SOFs job would be a 9-7 8-8 or 7-9 miracle division win in the NFC Worst.

Last edited by Karlifornia : 09-07-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #238
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Shocker ending for Carolina there. wow

Old 09-07-2008, 06:16 PM   #239
Tasan
College Starter

WOW

That was an amazing catch by the panthers.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #240
saldana
Pro Starter

wow...panthers....just wow.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #241
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

yikes
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:17 PM   #242
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
i am playing against the guy with Brady today, so i am loving the whole injury thing....sorry.

No big deal for me, I have Cassell and Cutler on my bench as backups for QB just in case. Since I'm up by about 30 points with A.Gonzalez still to play, it didn't hurt me at all.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #243
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

*raises hands as well*

I promise you' I'll be quite happy to be wrong. I'll already go out and say everything I've seen of Ryan (even excluding this game) suggests I was. He is looking to be worth a 3rd overall. He impresses me how hard he works, and really takes charge of the team even though he is a rook. He made a couple of real rookie throws today, and will make some big mistakes this season, but he seems a guy who will not let that phase him. I'm pretty excited to watch him develop.

On the flip side, the Birds still need interior defensive line bad, bad, bad. It looks like this would be a solid offense, if there was a defense that could keep them in it. I just think they won't be able to stop anyone.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:18 PM   #244
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
No big deal for me, I have Cassell and Cutler on my bench as backups for QB just in case. Since I'm up by about 30 points with A.Gonzalez still to play, it didn't hurt me at all.

as soon as i saw brady was hurt, i put in waiver claims for Cassel in 2 of my 3 leagues.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:21 PM   #245
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I had the Chargers in my office Survivor league.

Old 09-07-2008, 06:22 PM   #246
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
as soon as i saw brady was hurt, i put in waiver claims for Cassel in 2 of my 3 leagues.

Ditto.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:26 PM   #247
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
again, every single sport, for every single season, since 1996 has been a free preview for the first week...got that....MLB, NBA, and NHL are an entire WEEK of games to try to entice you to purchase the product....so in addition to raising the price of the Sunday Ticket to almost 300 bucks this season, they have taken away the free preview weekend and instead are offering single games at 45 dollars a game...again, i ask, do you even have directv or are you just talking out of your ass?...how about you just suck my balls instead of me paying for it [smiley of me giving cringer the finger /smiley]

Having DirecTV has nothing to do with this actually, the fact that you are crying because you feel entitled to something does. Being disappointed I could see, but outright anger and saying you hate the company is a little sad to me. The fact that they have given free previews in the past doesn't mean you are entitled to them for the rest of time though. They changed their mind, suck it up and live with it. My guess though, you won't cancel DirecTV, so even your anger over this is hollow much like your reasoning.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #248
saldana
Pro Starter

the fact that you dont know what the fuck you are talking about is much more significant as far as i am concerned. i seriously doubt i am the only person that has DTV that was expecting a free preview week of sunday ticket only to severely let down unexpectedly today....i would wager pretty much anything that there are several million of their customers that feel exactly the same was as i do, and also would agree that you are a dick
Old 09-07-2008, 06:33 PM   #249
SFL Cat
College Starter

Why don't you boys take this to the Obama-McCain thread.

Last edited by SFL Cat : 09-07-2008 at 06:33 PM.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:34 PM   #250
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Having DirecTV has nothing to do with this actually, the fact that you are crying because you feel entitled to something does. Being disappointed I could see, but outright anger and saying you hate the company is a little sad to me. The fact that they have given free previews in the past doesn't mean you are entitled to them for the rest of time though. They changed their mind, suck it up and live with it. My guess though, you won't cancel DirecTV, so even your anger over this is hollow much like your reasoning.

Come on Cring, you are dealing with people that has their well-being wrapped up sports entertainment, become suicidal over political elections and throws a fit when they don't get the entitlement.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote