Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-29-2009, 06:39 PM   #201
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I think it should be noted that, once again, Rose and Bernard have been off in the jungle unaccounted for months....strike that, if they're stuck in the same 'slice of time' as Sawyer and Jin, they've been off wandering in the jungle for over three years. They BEST be seen attacking with/as the 'hostiles', because that would make me happy.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:36 PM   #202
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Does anyone remember seeing that scene where young Ben asked Richard Alpert to take him with the Others. It was the first one in last weeks "Previously seen on Lost", but I can't remember what episode it was from. Is it just me blanking?
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:51 PM   #203
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Does anyone remember seeing that scene where young Ben asked Richard Alpert to take him with the Others. It was the first one in last weeks "Previously seen on Lost", but I can't remember what episode it was from. Is it just me blanking?

No...you are not blanking. They threw that in there and it was not in a previous episode. Either one of two things happened. They conveniently placed that there for story development later on or that was a deleted scene from a prior episode.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:34 AM   #204
hoopsguy
General Manager

It did happen earlier, back in the episode where Jacob was introduced. That episode was a Ben flashback that had a lot of the backstory on Dharma that is being explored this season.

hxxp://lost.about.com/od/fullrecapsseasonthree/a/3x20recap_4.htm
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:04 AM   #205
John Galt
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
No...you are not blanking. They threw that in there and it was not in a previous episode. Either one of two things happened. They conveniently placed that there for story development later on or that was a deleted scene from a prior episode.

It was from a while ago, but it was definitely in a previous episode. It was the essential meeting for Ben to betray the Dharma Initiative. He hated his father and asked Richard if he could join the Others. That is what led Ben to help the Others gas the Dharma Initiative and the Others took over their camps.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:19 AM   #206
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
It was from a while ago, but it was definitely in a previous episode. It was the essential meeting for Ben to betray the Dharma Initiative. He hated his father and asked Richard if he could join the Others. That is what led Ben to help the Others gas the Dharma Initiative and the Others took over their camps.

Argh....I knew it wasn't from this season, but from what hoopsguy posted, it looks like it was in Season 3, Episode 20. Okay, I am assuming this is the episode in which Ben killed his father.
Old 03-31-2009, 05:57 AM   #207
spleen1015
Coordinator

That's the same scene where he saw his mother and he goes looking for her in the jungle.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:01 AM   #208
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Good episode last night... I loved the conversation between Miles and Hurley - gotta love any Back to the Future reference

Add: Anyone know where Richard took Ben?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 04-02-2009 at 08:02 AM.
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:07 AM   #209
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

My guess is it's The Temple. Looked like the building where smokey tore the French guy's arm off too.
Old 04-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #210
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Good episode last night... I loved the conversation between Miles and Hurley - gotta love any Back to the Future reference

Add: Anyone know where Richard took Ben?

Yes, the Miles - Hurley dialogue was outstanding. I loved that

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:44 AM   #211
spleen1015
Coordinator

I like how they had Hurley ask some of the questions from the fans. The big one was how come Ben doesn't remember Sayid being the one who shot him when he was a kid?
Old 04-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #212
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I like how they had Hurley ask some of the questions from the fans. The big one was how come Ben doesn't remember Sayid being the one who shot him when he was a kid?

That was exactly my thought. That conversation was as if it had come off of an internet message board.

Old 04-02-2009, 09:53 AM   #213
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

that was one of the best Lost episodes in a long time
Old 04-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #214
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Miles has quickly become a favorite of mine. He is like mini Sawyer except he is wrong when he talks most of the time.

when Locke told Ben welcome to the Land of the Living are we supposed to infer everyone in the past is dead?

Also the only somewhat hokey thing was explaining why Ben wouldn't remember being shot. Glad they tied it up but the whole thing about him not remembering and losing his innocene seemed out of place to me.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 11:43 AM   #215
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
when Locke told Ben welcome to the Land of the Living are we supposed to infer everyone in the past is dead?

Since Ben was the one that killed him, I think it was just Locke's way of letting Ben know that he was alive again. (as opposed to Ben being dead and seeing Locke in some "afterlife"

I didn't get the impression at all that it had any reference to the others in the past.

Old 04-02-2009, 12:36 PM   #216
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Also the only somewhat hokey thing was explaining why Ben wouldn't remember being shot. Glad they tied it up but the whole thing about him not remembering and losing his innocene seemed out of place to me.

My question about Ben and Sayid is, is it necessarily true that Ben doesn't remember Sayid? I know Richard says that Ben won't remember any of this, but grown-up Ben is such a secretive character (and a pathological liar, IMO) that it is entirely possible that he does remember Sayid from his time as a child, and simply chooses not to reveal it.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:27 PM   #217
spleen1015
Coordinator

I think he remembers, but we don't know that he does. That memory is why he has Sayid kill all of those people, his way of getting some sort of revenge against Sayid. Maybe next week will clue us in some more since it looks like a heavy Ben episode.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #218
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

it was extremely forced. they could have done a MUCH better job with that.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #219
Swaggs
Coordinator

Very good episode. I loved the Miles/Hurley exchange -- I think it was definitely a shout out to the fans that are trying to figure out what is going on. Very well done.

Also thought the final scene with Locke waiting for Ben to wake up was very cool. I really liked how Locke showed a hint of a smile toward the end.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:38 PM   #220
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
My guess is it's The Temple. Looked like the building where smokey tore the French guy's arm off too.

I thought it was the Black Rock, overgrown with weeds. I've always thought that ship was how Richard arrived.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:22 PM   #221
hoopsguy
General Manager

Huh, may have to watch that scene again because I thought it was Jacob's cabin.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:42 PM   #222
MrDNA
High School Varsity

I agree that it looked like the temple where the French dude met his fate.
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:09 PM   #223
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm really looking forward to finding out what happened to Faraday (and Charlotte). A few episodes, Jack asked about him and someone (I think Sawyer) said he "was" here.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:35 PM   #224
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I'm really looking forward to finding out what happened to Faraday (and Charlotte). A few episodes, Jack asked about him and someone (I think Sawyer) said he "was" here.

Yeah, it was Sawyer who said that.

Also we know that previously Charlotte had said that she thought Faraday was the crazy man from her youth. So obviously he goes crazy trying to make sure she never comes back to the island and he probably gets kicked off of the island or something I guess.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #225
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I'm rather certain that was the temple.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 11:29 AM   #226
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
I'm rather certain that was the temple.

Lostpedia confirms that it was the temple.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #227
kingfc22
Head Coach

The Hurley/Miles exchange was classic. Loved how the writers threw that in there.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:30 PM   #228
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Figured it was the temple.

So will Ben be offered up to the Smoke Monster and that is what changes him? (like the french people from earlier this season)?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:31 PM   #229
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I get the feeling that the "smoke monster" does not exist yet, and at this point the temple serves a different purpose.
Allegiances:
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
Old 04-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #230
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
I get the feeling that the "smoke monster" does not exist yet, and at this point the temple serves a different purpose.

That's an interesting idea.

According to Lostpedia, Danielle and her team encounter Smokey on 11-18-88, which I believe is the earliest in time we know of Smokey.
Old 04-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #231
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

I haven't watched the scene again, but Temple is a good choice. The door way made me think of the dynamite scene at the Black Rock.

How will Ben's return be explained to his dad and the Dharma's?

I think we will learn the 'whispering' is folks on the island in different eras, like Ben and Locke are now. In essence, the Losties were hearing themselves in the early seasons of the show.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:59 PM   #232
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
I think we will learn the 'whispering' is folks on the island in different eras, like Ben and Locke are now. In essence, the Losties were hearing themselves in the early seasons of the show.

Ooo...very good. I like that idea.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 04-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #233
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

About Old Ben being judged and in the forest saying he can't control what's going to come out, I'm guessing he's referring to the Smoke Monster? Becuase this is being shown at the same time Young Ben is going into the Temple I will throw out there that I think whatever happens to Ben to heal him in the 70s will be what creates the Smoke Monster.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:29 PM   #234
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

It's been a common theory that the smoke monster is a tool of judgement. With Mr. Eko, when we first saw smokie there were images from his past in the smoke, then when smokie kills him his brother tells him he will be judged. When Juliet and Kate were approached by smokie there were a series of flashes and it has been theorized that they were being scanned for their past.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:02 PM   #235
samifan24
Pro Starter

Can someone remind me how Ben and Locke end up in the same room when Locke says "welcome to the land of the living?" I can't remember what happened. I thought Locke was dead? Is that a flashback? This show is too confusing sometimes.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #236
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Can someone remind me how Ben and Locke end up in the same room when Locke says "welcome to the land of the living?" I can't remember what happened. I thought Locke was dead? Is that a flashback? This show is too confusing sometimes.

When the plane came back with Ben, Jack, Kate, etc (and Locke dead in a coffin).. most of the returnees were flashed to the past.

Ben, Sun, the pilot and Locke were not flashed to the past.

Locke did come back to life however somehow once he returned to the island.

Ben was attacked by Sun and the pilot when they were heading to the boats to go to the larger island, and I assume found and put in their make-shift infirmary. That is where Locke found him and waited for him to wake up.

Old 04-03-2009, 05:16 PM   #237
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
When the plane came back with Ben, Jack, Kate, etc (and Locke dead in a coffin).. most of the returnees were flashed to the past.

Ben, Sun, the pilot and Locke were not flashed to the past.

Locke did come back to life however somehow once he returned to the island.

Ben was attacked by Sun and the pilot when they were heading to the boats to go to the larger island, and I assume found and put in their make-shift infirmary. That is where Locke found him and waited for him to wake up.

Thank you. I wonder why Ben, Sun, Frank and Locke were not flashed to the past. I guess the other three have no idea Locke came back to life.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:10 PM   #238
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
About Old Ben being judged and in the forest saying he can't control what's going to come out, I'm guessing he's referring to the Smoke Monster? Becuase this is being shown at the same time Young Ben is going into the Temple I will throw out there that I think whatever happens to Ben to heal him in the 70s will be what creates the Smoke Monster.

That part in the preview where Ben is in the forest and says he can't control what's coming out, I thought this was from the episode when he 'called' Smokey to come after the freighter commandos right after Keamy killed his daughter.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:15 AM   #239
StLee
High School Varsity

That was a very action-packed episode! I was surprised by a few things in there. I won't offer any spoilers for "just in case" purposes, but some events occurred a lot differently than I expected them to happen. I want to know exactly who that bounty hunter is now and what she knows. She will be an intriguing character for sure.
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:22 PM   #240
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Really disappointed with
Spoiler
Other than that one thing, great episode.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 01:27 PM   #241
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I truly doubt Caesar is dead. Also, I think we can dispense with spoiler tags, the show aired last night.
Old 04-09-2009, 03:33 PM   #242
Swaggs
Coordinator

Locke is a pretty awesome character when he has some confidence and is assertive. Also, I thought Desmond beating the crap out of Ben was pretty awesome.

Pretty cool episode -- it felt like it was building up to something really big and didn't quite deliver, but still very cool overall.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:09 PM   #243
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Locke is a pretty awesome character when he has some confidence and is assertive. Also, I thought Desmond beating the crap out of Ben was pretty awesome.

Pretty cool episode -- it felt like it was building up to something really big and didn't quite deliver, but still very cool overall.

Yeah Desmond kicking Ben's ass was awesome.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:52 AM   #244
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Solid episode, and I concur that Locke can be a pretty cool character at times. The only thing that bugged me about this episode was the piss-poor job they did of making Ben look like a "young Ben" when he stole Alex. Seems like with the production values of the show they could hire a makeup person worth a damn, rather than just give Michael Emerson a haircut.
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 04-10-2009, 10:03 AM   #245
Swaggs
Coordinator

The "young Ben" scene also opened up a pretty interesting new storyline, since it appeared that the kid with him was Ethan Rom (sp?). Ethan must have somehow survived Ben and the Others' wipeout of Dharma, so that is something to keep an eye out.

As mentioned, I'm also really looking forward to a Farraday episode to explain what happened to him. We can assume it had something to do with young Charlotte, but I hope they address it before the end of the season.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #246
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I haven't been keeping track....how many more episodes do we have this season?
Allegiances:
Awards:
Old 04-10-2009, 10:06 AM   #247
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Solid episode, and I concur that Locke can be a pretty cool character at times. The only thing that bugged me about this episode was the piss-poor job they did of making Ben look like a "young Ben" when he stole Alex. Seems like with the production values of the show they could hire a makeup person worth a damn, rather than just give Michael Emerson a haircut.

Yeah, it reminded me of some of the Jack "wearning a bad wig" episodes.
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #248
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
The "young Ben" scene also opened up a pretty interesting new storyline, since it appeared that the kid with him was Ethan Rom (sp?). Ethan must have somehow survived Ben and the Others' wipeout of Dharma, so that is something to keep an eye out.

didn't we already know that?
Old 04-10-2009, 10:19 AM   #249
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I haven't been keeping track....how many more episodes do we have this season?

According to wikipedia, there will be a new episode next week and then there will be a break, followed by two more weeks to finish out this season. But, the finale will have back-to-back new episodes.

So, essentially, there are three more weeks and four more hours left. And then, next season will be the series finale with 17 new episodes.

Last edited by Swaggs : 04-10-2009 at 10:26 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:23 AM   #250
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
According to wikipedia, there will not be a new episode this week and then there will be three consecutive weeks to finish out this season. But, the finale will have back-to-back new episodes.

So, essentially, there are three more weeks and four more hours left. And then, next season will be the series finale with 17 new episodes.

According to everything I've read, there IS a new episode next week ("Some Like It Hoth") and no new episode the week after that.

Also, the episode after the week break ("The Variable") is said to be a doozy.