Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #201
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
You did that yourself. Luckiest 4-0 team in history? And then trying to take away the Cowboy win as though Dallas lost it and Denver didn't deserve it? Get a grip.

At best, you could say Dallas played Denver to a draw. I know, Romo missed receivers. The Broncos 5 sacks, holding the running game to 3 yards a carry and constant pressure didn't have anything to do with that, right?

They had a lucky win at Cincy. They blew out Cleveland and the Raiders. They could easily finish the year 6-10. . . but that wouldn't take a thing away from three of this teams wins, especially the one today.
Thanks for taking the good natured kidding much too personally and seriously as usual.

I'd agree the game was a draw and I don't think I ever said that Dallas "lost" the game. I'm saying I think Dallas isn't very good right now, might be an .500 team at best. That's the toughest team Denver has played yet and it played to near draw at home.

I'll gladly admit to the usually "fanbole" on the luckiest 4-0 team ever but the schedule and breaks Denver has had so far this year has made for a great opportunity for them and they have taken advantage of it.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #202
stevew
Hall Of Famer

One of the worst calls I've ever seen on the Hester TD. The refs should kill themselves.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #203
Swaggs
Coordinator

Man... Woodley has been half a second slow on getting to the QB about five times in the second half.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:09 PM   #204
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I LOVE YOU RIVERS TO GATES~!! I think I just got enough of a lead to seal it. unless Aaron Rodgers goes ballistic and has a Brees esque day from week 1
Old 10-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #205
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Okay, who told the Pittsburgh defense the game was over?
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:15 PM   #206
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I was all set to turn this one off after the last Pittsburgh TD. Glad I didn't..
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:16 PM   #207
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Huh? it was cheap but unintentional? OK, pray tell me what exactly was Sanchez trying to do? You said he'd never made a tackle so he didn't know how. . . um, he's not so daft that he has to learn that when making a tackle you have to hit the guy WHO HAS THE BALL is he?

He went after Vilma with a clear intent to injure. I think Sapp hitting the defenseless OL a few years ago was a cheap shot. Sanchez was right in line with that.

I'm not saying we chop his nuts off and hang em from the upper deck, but I am saying he needs a very stiff fine with the threat of suspension so that never happens again. Vilma could have had his season with that shot. This isn't a minor deal IMHO.
Looking at a second time I would correct myself and say it was intentional. However, you can also see what he was trying to do -- dive through the blocker to trip up the returner. It was the only play he had. It wasn't a smart play because he could have wrecked his shoulder.

That said, it wasn't as cheap as I first thought. Yes he hit the guy low and it should have been called and possibly fined because low hits are a no-no. But he also hit the guy from the front and the guy could see it coming.

Favre got fined $10,000 for chop blocking Eugene Wilson from the side. What Sanchez did was stupid but it wasn't on the same level of what Favre did.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #208
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Chargers cant tackle for shit
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:23 PM   #209
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

You got to love Hines Ward.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:25 PM   #210
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I used to love that HB pass play on FBPRO.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:26 PM   #211
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Looking at a second time I would correct myself and say it was intentional. However, you can also see what he was trying to do -- dive through the blocker to trip up the returner. It was the only play he had. It wasn't a smart play because he could have wrecked his shoulder.

That said, it wasn't as cheap as I first thought. Yes he hit the guy low and it should have been called and possibly fined because low hits are a no-no. But he also hit the guy from the front and the guy could see it coming.

Favre got fined $10,000 for chop blocking Eugene Wilson from the side. What Sanchez did was stupid but it wasn't on the same level of what Favre did.

different viewpoints and all I guess. He wasn't trying to go through the blocker to the ball carrier. He was well behind the ball carrier. It was a cheap, disgusting play. I've read your response and I just can't see how someone could view it as not cheap or not on the level with what Favre did. I think it was every bit as bad if not worse. His goal was to injure. Period.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:30 PM   #212
Logan
Head Coach

And as said, it's not the first time he's been flagged for it. I think someone needs to tell him to cut that shit out before a defender decides a 15 yard penalty is worth sending him that message.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:33 PM   #213
TroyF
Coordinator

Steelers and Chargers are two of the leagues most goofy teams. The Steelers put up 500+ yards of offense and nearly lose the game. The Chargers look inept for long stretches. . . then Rivers gets into a groove and Katy bar the door.

I think the Chargers still win the AFC West, but their pass rush is poor and the loss of Williams looks like it may be a fatal blow for the defense. If I were Norv, I'd start playing pure spread offense 100% of the time. Rivers excels in those situations. They need to pretend they are behind from the opening kickoff.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:35 PM   #214
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Nothing like suddenly remembering that you are commenting on a message board about a game you are watching on delay. Duh.
Old 10-04-2009, 10:44 PM   #215
bhlloy
Coordinator

This was a pretty bad defense before the loss of Williams to be honest Troy. I think losing Olshansky really hurt, the whole scheme was based on having 3 solid run stuffers up front keeping blockers off the middle linebackers and allowing the outside backers to freelance and basically pass rush the whole game. Williams was starting to look old even before the injury and Castillo can't do it all by himself. Add in that Merriman is pretty much done, Phillips had one good year when teams were focusing on Merriman and the fact that the secondary is horrendous, ugh. I really think this defense could be up there (down there?) with the worst units in NFL history. Looks like Phillips could be out for a long time now as well.
bhlloy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:47 PM   #216
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Lions 49 - Steelers -7. Heard it hear first.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 10:52 PM   #217
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
This was a pretty bad defense before the loss of Williams to be honest Troy. I think losing Olshansky really hurt, the whole scheme was based on having 3 solid run stuffers up front keeping blockers off the middle linebackers and allowing the outside backers to freelance and basically pass rush the whole game. Williams was starting to look old even before the injury and Castillo can't do it all by himself. Add in that Merriman is pretty much done, Phillips had one good year when teams were focusing on Merriman and the fact that the secondary is horrendous, ugh. I really think this defense could be up there (down there?) with the worst units in NFL history. Looks like Phillips could be out for a long time now as well.

I don't disagree bh. That's why I said the fatal blow. It already had a lot of problems to begin with, but even an average Williams made the Chargers difficult to run up the middle against. Merriman still isn't himself after the injury. Because of that the pass rush just isn't there at all. I really thought with English added that Merriman would be successful this year. I still think this is a better team than the Broncos. The Broncs will meet both teams the Chargers lost to as well as the Chargers in the next four weeks. We'll be able to judge the AFC West at that point.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:00 PM   #218
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Lions 49 - Steelers -7. Heard it hear first.

So Steelers up 7-0, end of the 3rd qtr?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:43 PM   #219
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

What happened in the Pittsburgh game, saw 28-0 and turned it off. Flipping by later and it's 35-28 and the Steelers are icing their own kicker.

Last edited by EagleFan : 10-04-2009 at 11:44 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #220
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
What happened in the Pittsburgh game, saw 28-0 and turned it off. Flipping by later and it's 35-28 and the Steelers are icing their own kicker.

Detroit's own Antonio Gates manned up. A nice HB pass got Pittsburgh another score. Gates showed again why he is dangerous. Then SD got an onside kick. Gates, Gates & more Gates.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #221
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
So Steelers up 7-0, end of the 3rd qtr?

Well played.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:18 AM   #222
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Oh, for anyone in the Season Prediction contest, check out how everyone has done for this week. We have a chance at the first ever perfect week.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:31 AM   #223
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

As a Broncos fan I finally got to see them play for the first time this season, and it was everything I could have asked for. They are better than I thought (their defence is for real), and I like Orton more than I thought I would, but they will still be lucky to finish 8-8. I hope I'm wrong, I hope they somehow take 1 or 2 from the Chargers, get the 3 wins from Oakland and KC that they should get, and maybe, just maybe, pull another win or two out somehow... but I doubt it.

Bottom line: this season has already exceeded my expectations, and we're playing with house money the rest of the way.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:42 AM   #224
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
As a Broncos fan I finally got to see them play for the first time this season, and it was everything I could have asked for. They are better than I thought (their defence is for real), and I like Orton more than I thought I would, but they will still be lucky to finish 8-8. I hope I'm wrong, I hope they somehow take 1 or 2 from the Chargers, get the 3 wins from Oakland and KC that they should get, and maybe, just maybe, pull another win or two out somehow... but I doubt it.

Bottom line: this season has already exceeded my expectations, and we're playing with house money the rest of the way.

4 wins are in the bank.

Let's give them the win against KC and Oak at home. That's 6.

Now it gets hard:

Patriots
Chargers x2
Ravens
Steelers
Redskins
Giants
Colts
Eagles
Chiefs

That's brutal.

8-8 is still going to be very tough to achieve. That said, I feel a hell of a lot more confident about our chances now than I did this morning.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:01 AM   #225
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
4 wins are in the bank.

Now it gets hard:

Patriots
Chargers x2
Ravens
Steelers
Redskins
Giants
Colts
Eagles
Chiefs

That's brutal.

8-8 is still going to be very tough to achieve. That said, I feel a hell of a lot more confident about our chances now than I did this morning.

If they can continue playing like they are on defense while this offense starts getting better as the season progresses wins against the Chargers, Redskins seem very possible and they could sneak out 2 other ones. The division is within reach with this poor San Diego defense that I swear Cleveland could run on right now. Surprisingly the Broncos averaged 2.16 points per possession last year and are averaging 2.03 this year on offense. Orton isnt playing well but he also isnt making mistakes.

Orton is actually outplaying Cutler this year by a substantial margin. FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | QUARTERBACKS 2009

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-05-2009 at 01:06 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:27 AM   #226
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
4 wins are in the bank.

Now it gets hard:

Patriots
Chargers x2
Ravens
Steelers
Redskins
Giants
Colts
Eagles
Chiefs

That's brutal.

It all depends on whether that defense is legit or not. With Orton, they have a QB who won't make mistakes and will do just enough to keep them in games. That's all you need in this league if you have a great defense to be a playoff team.

I think the division is really weak too. I think KC and Oakland are potential wins, and don't see why they can't split with Denver. The Redskins are bad and if they can sneak an upset out of one of the remaining teams, it's 9-7 and probably the division.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:28 AM   #227
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Orton is actually outplaying Cutler this year by a substantial margin. FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | QUARTERBACKS 2009
I'd be interested in seeing how Cutler stacks up in his last 3 games after throwing out that abortion against the Packers.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:45 AM   #228
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I'd be interested in seeing how Cutler stacks up in his last 3 games after throwing out that abortion against the Packers.

Probably quite well. His average per attempt this year has been impressive. He has faced the 7th, 9th, 17th and 30th rated defenses. The rankings will change quite a bit after this week as it adds strength of schedule to the rankings after week 4.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:32 AM   #229
TroyF
Coordinator

Orton is really an enigma.

You watch the game and see him missing wide open WR all over the place. Underthrown balls, balls 15 feet wide of the target. Balls that should be picked off and are just missed.

Then. .. you look at the numbers at the end of the game. 20-29, 243 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT.

He's still wearing a glove. I'm interested to see his accuracy after he's able to get rid of that.

There is no question this all hinges on the defense. If the defense continues to play well, hold teams in the 17 point a game range and force turnovers. . . the Broncos will be in 90% of their games, even against the tough teams.

What I find amusing is how before this game, everyone jumped up and said, this is the game Denver can prove if they are for real or not. The third ranked offense in the league. The top rushing offense in the league. A team that put up 31 points and 378 yards on the Giants. This is where you'll find out how good they really are.

Well. . . 10 points, just over 300 total yards of offense, 3 yards a carry on the ground, 5 sacks, 2 forced turnovers. . . and now people are saying "it's just the Cowboys. Romo sucks and had an off day to boot." and talking about all of the Cowboys problems on offense.

It's funny that with all of those problems on offense, Dallas had games of 462 yards, 378 yards and 449 yards heading into this game.

I have zero problems with people looking at the schedule and saying "6-10, the schedule is still too strong" Just save me the speel about the Broncos beating yet another garbage offense, ok?

For myself, the five games in this grouping have to be looked at as a whole. Go 2-3 in them and you go into the buy week 5-3 with three games left against the Raiders/Chiefs. As for the defense? I'm fairly convinced at this point. If I'm right, I promise you the Broncos don't lose 4 straight games before the bye.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:40 AM   #230
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

You watch the game and see him missing wide open WR all over the place. Underthrown balls, balls 15 feet wide of the target. Balls that should be picked off and are just missed.

Then. .. you look at the numbers at the end of the game. 20-29, 243 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT.

He's still wearing a glove. I'm interested to see his accuracy after he's able to get rid of that.

There is no question this all hinges on the defense. If the defense continues to play well, hold teams in the 17 point a game range and force turnovers. . . the Broncos will be in 90% of their games, even against the tough teams.

What I find amusing is how before this game, everyone jumped up and said, this is the game Denver can prove if they are for real or not. The third ranked offense in the league. The top rushing offense in the league. A team that put up 31 points and 378 yards on the Giants. This is where you'll find out how good they really are.

Well. . . 10 points, just over 300 total yards of offense, 3 yards a carry on the ground, 5 sacks, 2 forced turnovers. . . and now people are saying "it's just the Cowboys. Romo sucks and had an off day to boot." and talking about all of the Cowboys problems on offense.

It's funny that with all of those problems on offense, Dallas had games of 462 yards, 378 yards and 449 yards heading into this game.

I have zero problems with people looking at the schedule and saying "6-10, the schedule is still too strong" Just save me the speel about the Broncos beating yet another garbage offense, ok?

For myself, the five games in this grouping have to be looked at as a whole. Go 2-3 in them and you go into the buy week 5-3 with three games left against the Raiders/Chiefs. As for the defense? I'm fairly convinced at this point. If I'm right, I promise you the Broncos don't lose 4 straight games before the bye.

I think there is some truth to the "Dallas offense sucks" argument. They looked terrible yesterday, especially Romo. However, the Bronco defense was all over the place and they deserve recognition for how well they have played. They will be a playoff team if the defense keeps this up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:47 AM   #231
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I think Denver is "for real" in the sense that no game against them will be easy and that they have every possibility of winning their division. The Patriots trip to Denver next week is *anything* but a gimmee.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 10-05-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:06 AM   #232
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Glad that Troy noticed the Sanchez block. That play was incredibly cheap. I don't know if a one game suspension is out of line for it.

In the case of Favre, his teammate had the ball, and he was blocking for his teammate. The block was dirty, but it made sense in a football context.

In contrast, Sanchez was acting as a defender, and he had no chance to catch the ball carrier, so he just dove at the knees of an opposing player. The only thing he could have been trying to do there was injure the opposing player. There is no legitimate football reason to do what he did.

Part of me thinks that, had he not been a QB, he might have gotten kicked out of the game for it.

The closest examples I can think of are when Sapp hit Chad Clifton 30 yards away from the ball and when that Packer suplexed Jim McMahon 5 seconds after he threw the ball. We are talking that level of malicious and pointless assault.

When a guy is trying to stop the ball or block for a teammate and goes cheap, I can understand it as getting carried away trying to win. Something like the Sanchez hit has no place whatsoever on the field.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:29 AM   #233
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

figures that Sanchez went to USC...
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:49 AM   #234
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Geez, I didn't realize how bad this is getting. I heard this snippit on the radio this morning. The Chiefs have now lost 27 of their last 29 games, which is the worst 29 game stretch in NFL history. Ouch.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:01 AM   #235
Logan
Head Coach

I'm late to reading Bill Simmons' power poll heading into Week 4, and this part for the Raiders (#28) killed me:

Quote:
From Anthony in Philly: "Has there ever been a uniform number that so perfectly describes a player's performance as JaMarcus Russell's No. 2?" Nope. And that wasn't even the best Raiders-related e-mail this week. Vallejo, Calif., reader Steddy Long writes, "I was at the Broncos-Raiders game on Sunday. Took my son for his ninth birthday as part of his *gift.* How am I supposed to keep my little guy interested in a product like that? So he is sitting there on the ride home and finally he just says it: 'Hey, Dad, can we not have the Raider tickets be part of my birthday present next year?' Kills me."

(The Oakland Raiders … where "Just Win Baby" has given way to "Hey, Dad, can we not have the Raider tickets be part of my birthday present next year?" Al Davis, I think it's time to sell.)
Old 10-05-2009, 12:00 PM   #236
JediKooter
Coordinator

YES! Way to go Norv Turner. Your 4th game in a row this season your team comes out and looks completely unprepared and listless. No, wait, that's every game you have been the head coach of the Chargers, my bad. Your teams are so unprepared that you made the Raider fans think they had a decent squad this year.

Injuries have nothing to do with how unprepaired this team looks every single game. Injuries have nothing to do with getting into the red zone 6 times and coming away with 2 field goals. Injuries have nothing to do with blown coverages in the secondary. It's you Norv Turner, YOU. You castrated the toughness that Marty had instilled in them. It is you Norv Turner that released Lorenzo Neal and now can't get a back to rush for more than 40 yards a game. It is you Norv Turner that makes the play calls in the red zone and then turn into Henry Winklers character in the Water Boy and puss out.

I can only hope Norv "The Genius" Turner keeps this up and San Diego can finally get a real head coach and not a coordinator that's only good at coordinating and can't handle all the other elements of being a head coach.

My prediction of a 9-7 (or was it 10-6?) season for the Chargers may have to be revised. 8-8 at best with more than likely a 7-9 season. Which will conform to every single team that Norv Turner has ever been the head coach of.

Hell, if I had the money, I'd offer AJ Smith to buy out Turners contract, so he can fire him and get someone in there who knows how to prepare and motivate a team in the NFL and get the best out of his players.

Anyone have Bill Cowher or Mike Shanahans number handy?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4

Last edited by JediKooter : 10-05-2009 at 12:01 PM.
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #237
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Glad that Troy noticed the Sanchez block. That play was incredibly cheap. I don't know if a one game suspension is out of line for it.

In the case of Favre, his teammate had the ball, and he was blocking for his teammate. The block was dirty, but it made sense in a football context.

In contrast, Sanchez was acting as a defender, and he had no chance to catch the ball carrier, so he just dove at the knees of an opposing player. The only thing he could have been trying to do there was injure the opposing player. There is no legitimate football reason to do what he did.

Part of me thinks that, had he not been a QB, he might have gotten kicked out of the game for it.

The closest examples I can think of are when Sapp hit Chad Clifton 30 yards away from the ball and when that Packer suplexed Jim McMahon 5 seconds after he threw the ball. We are talking that level of malicious and pointless assault.

When a guy is trying to stop the ball or block for a teammate and goes cheap, I can understand it as getting carried away trying to win. Something like the Sanchez hit has no place whatsoever on the field.

Yeah, I completely +1 all of this. You look at the call in the Ravens game for roughing the passer (BS and I'm a Steeler fan so I hate to agree with Ray Lewis but he's right) and then you look at what Sanchez pulls here. I expect the NFL to take some good action on this, particularly because Sanchez had NO reason to do this. He wasn't blocking for a runner, he wasn't, at this point, going to get anywhere near the ball carrier, so he just took a guy out to take him out. I hate when the NFL steps in on hits and stuff, but this seems like a good place to make an example of a cheap, dirty play.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:08 PM   #238
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Yeah, I completely +1 all of this. You look at the call in the Ravens game for roughing the passer (BS and I'm a Steeler fan so I hate to agree with Ray Lewis but he's right) and then you look at what Sanchez pulls here. I expect the NFL to take some good action on this, particularly because Sanchez had NO reason to do this. He wasn't blocking for a runner, he wasn't, at this point, going to get anywhere near the ball carrier, so he just took a guy out to take him out. I hate when the NFL steps in on hits and stuff, but this seems like a good place to make an example of a cheap, dirty play.

look at the call where the Pats got called for roughing the passer because the guy's hand brushed over Flacco's face too.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:14 PM   #239
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I think that there should be a 5 yard penalty for touching the QB's helmet and a 15 yarder for hitting it.

Though they recently got rid of the 5/15 for facemask, so they seem to be moving in the opposite direction.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:32 PM   #240
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I think the NFL ought to allow fighting like the NHL does. Have two players drop their helmets and just go at it. Then have both guys sit out a play. This way, even if there's a BS roughing-the-passer call or something, the guy who got flagged can just release his anger by fighting with the lineman who failed to block him or something. And hey, possible momentum shift!!

Roger Goodell is a pussy.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:47 PM   #241
JS19
College Prospect

Eli getting an MRI, uh oh. I know it's probably precautionary, but after watching what the Mets went through all year, and the Giants for that matter, I'm really not digging this.

New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning undergoes MRI on right leg - ESPN
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:29 PM   #242
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Denver did a great job defensively from what I could see. Orton was terrible with his accuracy (not raw numbers, but inability to put the ball where it was supposed to go), if he had been better, he could've carved up Dallas' defense like Eli did. I have no clue if that's due to his injury or not. Romo was ok in the first half (minus the turnover, unsure if it was totally on him for pocket awareness or a bad blitz pickup or both) but ice cold after that. Overall Dallas looks like an average team to me. The offense is pretty good at moving the ball but turns the ball over at a pathetic rate. The defense is streaky and doesn't force a lot of turnovers. They didn't change the team much from last season which is why it looks a lot like last season, except improved special teams. I don't expect them to be in the playoff hunt unless they suffer an abnormally low amount of injuries.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:33 PM   #243
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Romo was ok in the first half (minus the turnover, unsure if it was totally on him for pocket awareness or a bad blitz pickup or both) but ice cold after that.

Joe Buck actually mentioned how Romo looked out of sorts and was having a poor pocket presence day (or something similar, don't remember the exact quote).

You know it's a bad day at the office when JB says something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:43 PM   #244
Butter
Coordinator

With the Broncos beating an actual team on a non-fluke play, I am willing to give them some credit. But they have a long way to go still.

Their defense is miles beyond last year's though. So much better, it's almost hard to believe.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:13 PM   #245
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Eli getting an MRI, uh oh. I know it's probably precautionary, but after watching what the Mets went through all year, and the Giants for that matter, I'm really not digging this.

New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning undergoes MRI on right leg - ESPN

From what I hear they aren't worried that it is an achilles injury since he walked off the field.

Even if he sits next week I have the confidence Carr can get it done against the raiders.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:19 PM   #246
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
From what I hear they aren't worried that it is an achilles injury since he walked off the field.

Even if he sits next week I have the confidence Carr can get it done against the raiders.

Kind of off topic but I have been wondering this. As a Giant fan would you rather have Orton as your QB or Jay Cutler? I ask this for a reason and I will wait to respond.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #247
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Kind of off topic but I have been wondering this. As a Giant fan would you rather have Orton as your QB or Jay Cutler? I ask this for a reason and I will wait to respond.

Cutler.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:00 PM   #248
Logan
Head Coach

Just saw on another board that Ochocinco went on twitter after the game and invited fans to meet him at a local place for dinner, with the bill on him of course.

I love the guy.
Old 10-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #249
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Just saw on another board that Ochocinco went on twitter after the game and invited fans to meet him at a local place for dinner, with the bill on him of course.

I love the guy.

Awesome. I thought I remember reading/watching something along the lines of him saying, "I'm gonna get a little crazy this Sunday (in regards to the breast cancer awareness), probably be fined by the NFL". Did I miss something?
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:12 PM   #250
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I like Chad a lot. Unless he's playing my team.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote