Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2008, 01:08 AM   #2451
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Guys, the event coordinator told me that clap didn't leave the boat yesterday.

Vote claphamsa

Really? He said he went golfing (and saw no one).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 01:22 AM   #2452
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Wow, not sure how to read all this.

I think Lathum is telling the truth, although I have leaned that way from the get go. But I thought someone was going to get sick tonight? Lathum? You're high on my trust list right now, but I have to say not following through on that strikes me as odd.

As for clap, here is what I want to know. Let's say Jackyl is telling the truth, and clap was lying. Okay, why? What happened on the ship? Barkeep and PurdueBrad were brothers, and BK was lynched. st.cronin seems likely to have been removed by Lathum's vote somehow. Anxiety was killed off the boat.

So if he stayed on the boat, WTH was clap doing anyway? That's what I really want to know, and I am afraid we may find out today.

I don't buy The Jackyl lying, for the simple reason that there was no reason to do it. A player not under much suspicion "outing" another player not under much suspicion? What's the point of doing that. So I buy The Jackal's story, and that means clap lied.

If it weren't for that, I am pretty sure I would vote for Passacaglia. Come on, you really think we'll just buy you using that on PB? Funny thing is, let's say, as we suspect, he didn't use them on PB. Well, who did he use them on? Since no one we know of has been knocked out, I would guess no one, and he may still have them. Well, if someone is knocked in the future, we will know who did it, won't we? So what good was it to not drug someone?

I don't necessarily buy the PB thing, but I wouldn't be surprised if Pass just flat passed the drugs to someone else altogther.

But clap strikes me as more guilty right now, especially considering I felt I had reason to vote for him yesterday as well (his hidden item passing, possibility he received the sword from Anxiety).

VOTE CLAPHAMSA

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 02:22 AM   #2453
The Jackal
Coordinator

Don't get me wrong, I think Pass is a good vote too, and if the majority of the vote thinks so I'm willing to let clap live a day, I guess, but he did blatantly lie.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 03:06 AM   #2454
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Vote Claphamsa
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:51 AM   #2455
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

"Seriously folks, what is going on with this trip...y'know I didn't sign up for this...all this death...I can't look at a Bloody Mary the same way again...thank god I don't /drink/ them...

I thought this would be safe, I believed flying to be more dangerous....I recall once flying in a small plane...really small, like six passengers...no flight attendant, no in-flight movie...meal was a basket of biscuits made by the pilot's wife, and he goes and calls the best one for him...and I told him, I'm having that one...and he goes, oh really, and then begins to /divebomb/ the plane...needless to say, he got his biscuit and we got to our destination (but I was quiet the rest of the flight...)

...but all this misdirection and stuff...we've got to stick to one suspect and go with it y'know...to much like the United Nations, with this one doing that, and this one going here...I mean, how does one get anything done...so let's stop with the multiple choices and pare it down to one...and the one that has been in and out of the bulleye's for so long is that claphamsa dude...not saying that there aren't other worthwhile choices, but the captain does seem the type to have more than one walk the plank, and with all this killing digging into my margarita time, we've got to start making some progress here..."

Vote Claphamsa

"By the way, I did not go out sightseeing yesterday...stayed in the cabin and watched the tele and dozed off...I figure I'd /at least/ disclose what I did, which was hardly anything, though I wish room service had gotten me a margarita...guess that Lathum fellow is too bloody busy to do that..."
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:16 AM   #2456
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
I dunno - why should I believe Jackal?

4 people go golfing one day and then claphamsa is supposed to have lied and thrown it out there that he went golfing and no one else showed up? This is one of those events where everyone sees each other. If he was going to lie, I figure he'd pick something like flightseeing (well, something that occurs at our location).

Also, I thought someone just pointed out that the murders have been taking place off the boat and thus it might be a bit less suspicious to have stayed on the boat?
I went golfing the day after the 4some.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:19 AM   #2457
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yeah, I have been quiet in this game, although once you play with me more often, you'll see this happens every now and then, depending on game mechanics and/or deadlines.

In this case, it is the deadline. Usually the voting deadline is at night, and I am here contributing at that time, and then around afterward to kibitz about the results.

In this case, I am not around for the vote at all, and usually have to throw in a somewhat "blind" vote the night before. And by the time I get back from work, you guys have usually talked out the stuff from the voting deadline, and people haven't really been around for the late deadline.

Hope that makes sense. I try to contribute in spurts like this where I can, although it is more difficult when I don't have too many people around to respond to me.

makes perfect sense

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 06:21 AM   #2458
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Ok, all caught up, sun has risen, looks like its me or pass today, Im fine with going. I am 10000% convinced that Jackyl is a wolf. Im just hopign he isnt one that we have to kill twice to get rid of, but once I come up as a vilager youl know hes bad!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 07:00 AM   #2459
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
I went golfing the day after the 4some.

I know. And they all saw and identified one another. So why would you take a chance and lie about going there if there existed the possibility that someone could have gone and shown that you were not there?

Thus, I tend to believe you over Jackal. Perhaps that is my mistake. I'll re-evaluate in a few hours after class.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:18 AM   #2460
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

In response to what CR said about me poisining someones food, I was basicly told it will take some time to see if there was any effect
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:21 AM   #2461
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I know. And they all saw and identified one another. So why would you take a chance and lie about going there if there existed the possibility that someone could have gone and shown that you were not there?

Thus, I tend to believe you over Jackal. Perhaps that is my mistake. I'll re-evaluate in a few hours after class.

the thing that confuses me is... why would Jackyl lie about this? I mean I get lynched, and wala im good..... what could he possibly have to gain, cuz then EVERYONe will know hes bad.... makes no sense.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 07:27 AM   #2462
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
the thing that confuses me is... why would Jackyl lie about this? I mean I get lynched, and wala im good..... what could he possibly have to gain, cuz then EVERYONe will know hes bad.... makes no sense.

which is why there is no reason not to believe him
Old 04-15-2008, 07:36 AM   #2463
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I dont blame you for beliving him... I would. Except I know hes lying!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 07:38 AM   #2464
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I dont blame you for beliving him... I would. Except I know hes lying!

and if he is then he goes next.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:41 AM   #2465
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, I have an idea.

Yesterday my vote for Cronin carried extra weight and everyone got the boot.

Now that may have been a 1 time thing, I don't know. But why not try and keep the vote semi close and I'll vote for Passacaglia at the deadline.

If we keep it close enough it's possible both Pass and Clap get voted off today.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:51 AM   #2466
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
OK, I have an idea.

Now that may have been a 1 time thing, I don't know. But why not try and keep the vote semi close and I'll vote for Passacaglia at the deadline.

If we keep it close enough it's possible both Pass and Clap get voted off today.

"This is not a time for experimenting...we gotta vote someone off without any voting manipulations...personally, if Claphamsa is innocent, then Jackyl is not, vote accordingly...if Clap is bad, then we can move onto Pass...let's not play these games anymore...one suspect, one vote...I'm sorry this clap fellow bares the brunt, but he's been on the edge and back enough times, and damn if it's found out he's guilty as sin and been sitting out in the open doing it this long...anything that deviates is suspicious because it mucks up the vote...one vote, one suspect...cripes you can put me on the list next if clap is innocent, I'd rather have margartias in Jamaica then Haiti...if the boat can make it that far..."
Old 04-15-2008, 07:55 AM   #2467
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

"Mr Lathum, the key thing to me is that we did more harm than good yesterday, losing three innocent at the vote, then mr. nervous in an unfortunate accident...I'm not amused this is digging into my margarita time...personally, experiments aside, your vote did little good yesterday, and trying it out for experimental purposes doesn't lead me to believe it'll be any better today...this whole food thing could be a red herring too, I mean while I believe Mr. Lathum is cooking, it doesn't neccessarily clear him of wrong-doing and the one who may or may not be a victim could be acting...thus staying on the ship, thus causing issues, nefarious issues...

So I reinterate, to vote the clap off, and get some antibiotics...bodies are starting to hit the floor, and not in the odd slamdancing type way..."
Old 04-15-2008, 07:56 AM   #2468
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Ok, all caught up, sun has risen, looks like its me or pass today, Im fine with going. I am 10000% convinced that Jackyl is a wolf. Im just hopign he isnt one that we have to kill twice to get rid of, but once I come up as a vilager youl know hes bad!

What's this about having to kill someone twice? When did we learn we have to do this to anyone? PLease explain.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:56 AM   #2469
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Vote Claphamsa
Old 04-15-2008, 07:58 AM   #2470
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

And if/when he's guilty, I'll be looking HARD at mccollins. There is zero reason to not take the leap of faith with Jackal's story, the only motivation I can construe for him to lie would be to somehow delay time to "save" Pass who was clearly going to get heat today.

My thinking is

clap guilty - mccollins would be next (possibly Taz too)
clap innocent - jackal and passacgalia next
Old 04-15-2008, 07:58 AM   #2471
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
What's this about having to kill someone twice? When did we learn we have to do this to anyone? PLease explain.

this confused me as well
Old 04-15-2008, 07:58 AM   #2472
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

either way, I think it's just time for clap. Not only because he lied and I likely think he's up to something, but knowing what we know now I think we can go back and look at the previous days votes and really discern some valuable information once we know which side of the coin clap was on.
Old 04-15-2008, 07:59 AM   #2473
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
"This is not a time for experimenting...we gotta vote someone off without any voting manipulations...personally, if Claphamsa is innocent, then Jackyl is not, vote accordingly...if Clap is bad, then we can move onto Pass...let's not play these games anymore...one suspect, one vote...I'm sorry this clap fellow bares the brunt, but he's been on the edge and back enough times, and damn if it's found out he's guilty as sin and been sitting out in the open doing it this long...anything that deviates is suspicious because it mucks up the vote...one vote, one suspect...cripes you can put me on the list next if clap is innocent, I'd rather have margartias in Jamaica then Haiti...if the boat can make it that far..."

I disagree. Either was Pass is getting lynched at some point, why not advance things a day?
Old 04-15-2008, 08:03 AM   #2474
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I disagree. Either was Pass is getting lynched at some point, why not advance things a day?

"I'm sorry and when did the underground not manipulate votes? What if you are wrong about your influence over the vote...you are basically splitting the vote with no guarentee anyone goes to the plank...at this point and time, that's risky, running out of margarita supplies risky...won't stand for it...give a monkey a banana, and he'll be your friend...give a monkey a gun, and well, there is no telling where the poo will be flying...we have to retain some semblance of unity...because there is a percentage vote to influence the captain (ooc: correct me if I'm wrong), then messing with the percentage is a bad thing...if clap is innocent, then jackal (not to be confused with the band Jackyl with a Y!) is shark chum material...just remember the underground has a hell of a monkeywrench and we've yet to find one, /one/ of this group...I'm going to be two days late from home, and I'll be damned if I missed my welcoming party - gonna be foxes and margaritas there!"
Old 04-15-2008, 08:21 AM   #2475
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

Nothing new here with this vote, but if Jakal's information is wrong, he's next in line for me.

Vote Claphamsa.
Sonic Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:27 AM   #2476
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I think i read through one of the old games, that a wolf could stop themselves being lynched once.

Im, jsut tryign to come up with reasons Jackyl lied

cuz he will be dead nex turn, once I come up good.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:28 AM   #2477
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
either way, I think it's just time for clap. Not only because he lied and I likely think he's up to something, but knowing what we know now I think we can go back and look at the previous days votes and really discern some valuable information once we know which side of the coin clap was on.

except i didnt lie :P

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:34 AM   #2478
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
except i didnt lie :P

That could be the case, but my point is, you need to die in order to figure out which fork in the road we take from here, IMO.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:38 AM   #2479
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

yeah :'( i hope I get ditched somwhere with margaritas.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:42 AM   #2480
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'll be on the train leading up to and during the deadline, but I'll be checking if anyone has any questions.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:48 AM   #2481
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I have a question, why are you lying? your just gonna die a turn early, I cant see killing me being part of a win goal.

Could I be the holy mark?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 08:49 AM   #2482
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

anyone think of any other reasons the wolves would sacrifice jackyl to kill me?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:01 AM   #2483
The Jackal
Coordinator

I've been trying to think of a witty response.. but I'm too tired at the moment.

There's a chance the event coordinator lied to me, but I don't buy it. It's as close to solid information as I've had all game, and we are running out of passengers.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:09 AM   #2484
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I've been trying to think of a witty response.. but I'm too tired at the moment.

There's a chance the event coordinator lied to me, but I don't buy it. It's as close to solid information as I've had all game, and we are running out of passengers.

You realize if he's innocent, you're likely next, right?
Old 04-15-2008, 09:26 AM   #2485
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
You realize if he's innocent, you're likely next, right?

Yup. I'm very much a vanilla villager, so it made more sense for me to reveal this info and most likely nail a wolf, but if the coordinator lied then I'm fully ready to take the blame, because we won't lose anything really important.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #2486
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

excpet me, then again, im a normal vilager too. unless im the holy mark, but that doesnt make sense.

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #2487
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

did you specifically ask which night?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 09:35 AM   #2488
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Have you stayed on the boat one of the other nights?
Old 04-15-2008, 10:14 AM   #2489
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
In response to what CR said about me poisining someones food, I was basicly told it will take some time to see if there was any effect

Still no word about feeling sick yet. I do want to just point out that if this poisoning is severe enough to remove me from the cruise that Lathum would hopefully shoot to the top of some other lists besides mine.

Remember, he's basically been converted into crew, and we know that the wolf problem started with the crew.....
Old 04-15-2008, 10:17 AM   #2490
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
OK, I have an idea.

Wow. Just wow.

If that doesn't sound wolfish I don't know what would.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:19 AM   #2491
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
VOTE CLAP

Just a reminder, I still have my object that NFG and I assembled. Without coming out and saying what it is, I will give the following information:

*It's a one use item
*From my very limited knowledge of the item, it would inflict a lot of damage and/or kill someone whether they are good or bad
*The fact that nfg had the other piece of this item makes me believe that at the time he had it and passed it to me, he was good.

If anyone would like to make suggestions for who/when to use this item, let me know. I am open to ideas, but am also open to just hanging onto it longer to see what happens.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:23 AM   #2492
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

go ahead and kill pass?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #2493
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Have you stayed on the boat one of the other nights?
night before last I stayed on, becasue I was sure I woudl die, I forgot to put in an order

I posted this befroe FYI

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #2494
KWhit
Coordinator

I have to run to a couple of meetings. May not make it back by the deadline, but Clap sure looks guilty right now. Hopefully we're about to net our first wolf!

VOTE CLAPHAMSA
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 10:25 AM   #2495
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I have to run to a couple of meetings. May not make it back by the deadline, but Clap sure looks guilty right now. Hopefully we're about to net our first wolf!

VOTE CLAPHAMSA

not until tommorow when you lynch jackyl

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:28 AM   #2496
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
"Mr Lathum, the key thing to me is that we did more harm than good yesterday, losing three innocent at the vote, then mr. nervous in an unfortunate accident...I'm not amused this is digging into my margarita time...personally, experiments aside, your vote did little good yesterday, and trying it out for experimental purposes doesn't lead me to believe it'll be any better today...this whole food thing could be a red herring too, I mean while I believe Mr. Lathum is cooking, it doesn't neccessarily clear him of wrong-doing and the one who may or may not be a victim could be acting...thus staying on the ship, thus causing issues, nefarious issues...

So I reinterate, to vote the clap off, and get some antibiotics...bodies are starting to hit the floor, and not in the odd slamdancing type way..."

Catching up, I fully agree with Qwik that we need to be united today. No messing around. There are 7 people (all passengers!!) gone now and only 15 remain. We'll follow the logical progression from the outcome of the vote today.

Unvote Jackal
Vote Claphamsa
Old 04-15-2008, 10:31 AM   #2497
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Catching up, I fully agree with Qwik that we need to be united today. No messing around. There are 7 people (all passengers!!) gone now and only 15 remain. We'll follow the logical progression from the outcome of the vote today.

Unvote Jackal
Vote Claphamsa

Your last vote wasn't for Jackal, it was Pass
Old 04-15-2008, 10:35 AM   #2498
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Wow. Just wow.

If that doesn't sound wolfish I don't know what would.

"Yes yes (slurp of margarita), I must say when I heard that through the grapevine, it didn't reek of wolf, it barked and bit...now I'm not saying that there aren't multiple suspects, but you have to admit that with our dwindling numbers saying such things is disturbing...we need one suspect to vote on, and off...I made errors in holding off on a vote (once)...but I believe that deviations from one vote one suspect without remarkable waiting for the govenor's pardon a minute before the switch is pulled because of some surprise evidence, that this is what we should do, we /need/ to do, then I can get back to margaritas, and the ladies...those wonderful ladies..."
Old 04-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #2499
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:

No, but I made it clear in my original post that the only day I could look at was yesterday
Old 04-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #2500
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

Unvote Jackal
Vote Claphamsa

Heinz's crazy finger pointing threw me off; I actually need to
Unvote Passacaglia
instead of Jackal.