Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-27-2010, 02:21 PM   #2451
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Watching LOTR: Twin Towers on TNT, and something occurred to me again that has occurred to me before.

Yeah, I know I'm odd.

I thought the same thing in Attack of the Clones when all the alledgedly badass jedi were dying left and right.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 10:32 PM   #2452
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

had to work 6 Pm-2AM Christmas Day. Working 6-2 new year's eve (and then 6-2 NewYear's Day!) too..

Work sucks
Old 12-28-2010, 01:37 AM   #2453
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
That easily could have been me. Christmas Eve is my big day. On Christmas I slept till noon and then laid around the entire day.

Santa?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:37 AM   #2454
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Watching LOTR: Twin Towers on TNT, and something occurred to me again that has occurred to me before.

In Helms Deep, after the orcs breach the outer wall with explosives, Aragorn leads a charge of elves into the breach to hold them off. In this charge, the orcs set up with their spears out in front of them, and one of the elves is shown getting skewered charging onto one of these spears.

Despite myself, this always makes me chuckle abit. I mean, here's this elf warrior, probably milleniae old, has no doubt been through hundreds of battles and thousands of individual moments of immense peril. This is a fighter who not only has all of that experience, but could not be more skilled with a sword or bow or in battle tactics, and has speed and agility that is matched by few. Despite all of that, this elf ends up skewered on an orc spear held simply at length.

Think about that. This immortal being has been through so much, and this is how he dies. I would think he would be lying there, run through and knowing he was dying, and thinking to himself, "By Valar, really? Really? This is how I'm going to die? How embarrassing! I hope everyone else dies then, too, so no one will tell my kin in Rivendell and Lothlorien."

Yeah, I know I'm odd.

There were no elves at Helm's deep (save Legolas)
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:20 AM   #2455
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
At one point, my dad decided to make it worse. He began driving out to a remote truck stop. This truck stop was apparently popular with the truckers but far enough out of Knoxville that there wasn't very much around that exit ramp other than the truck stop.

He would go in, every Sunday, to see if anyone would like to go to church. As I recall most trips were not very successful. To be honest, when they were I didn't realize the guys he brought back were strangers. I thought they probably worked for my dad.

This wasn't the J&R Truck Stop east of Knoxville by chance, was it?
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:25 AM   #2456
molson
General Manager

Why do people I've never heard of follow me on twitter when I've never made a twitter post, and I've only ever followed public figures that I don't know personally?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:30 AM   #2457
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo View Post
There were no elves at Helm's deep (save Legolas)

Thank you Peter Jackson.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:04 PM   #2458
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Why do people post on craigslist saying what stuff they want? I'm looking at iphones, and amidst the oodles of posts there selling iphones, there's a couple in there by people saying they want to BUY iphones. Uh...how about checking out all the iphones for sale there?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:18 PM   #2459
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Why do people I've never heard of follow me on twitter when I've never made a twitter post, and I've only ever followed public figures that I don't know personally?

Trying to find people to spam with their own crap mostly.
Old 12-28-2010, 02:38 PM   #2460
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Why do people post on craigslist saying what stuff they want?

I post saying what I want to buy in case I get the odd hit on someone looking to liquidate/sell off collections.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 05:52 PM   #2461
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I post saying what I want to buy in case I get the odd hit on someone looking to liquidate/sell off collections.

But...iphones? There are dozens posted on sale each day right now!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:20 PM   #2462
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
But...iphones? There are dozens posted on sale each day right now!

Not sure on Iphones.. laziness perhaps. I was just giving you a reason why someone might post what they want.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 12-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #2463
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I've passed Jon by like 20 posts...I'm now 3rd in total posts, behind Alan and EF27.

I think this calls for a cookie, or a cake or something.

Next up, 30,000.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-29-2010 at 03:14 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:52 PM   #2464
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I was going to make fun of DT being a postwhore.. then I remembered that I'm pretty high on that list too :P
Old 12-29-2010, 03:56 PM   #2465
sabotai
General Manager

I remember when I was in the top 10, knocking on the door of the Top 5. I'm almost out of the Top 20 now. I've slipped in my old age.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:05 PM   #2466
RendeR
Coordinator

I was kind of shocked to find myself nearly on page 1. I'm currently 52nd.

been a long time since I even looked so it was really surprising.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:45 PM   #2467
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Looking at that list of posters makes me sad a bit. st.cronin is still #10 and he hasn't posted in almost two years. I miss him around the WW forum.

I was also surprised to see Pumpy hasn't posted since 11-14. I hope he's okay. If he's staying away on purpose, I hope we didn't make too many Colin White jokes.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #2468
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Posted this on Facebook, but, it's a good random thought:

"After looking on Amazon and Audible, When the hell did science fiction/fantasy get overrun by so-called "urban fantasy" (ie, Vampires, Werewolves, Demons, BUT IN THE "REAL WORLD"..."
Old 12-29-2010, 05:26 PM   #2469
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I'm proud to be #128 on the post count, but jeff061 is right on my ass.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:44 PM   #2470
Izulde
Head Coach

I forget my ranking. I should go check.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 05:46 PM   #2471
Izulde
Head Coach

#56. I think I was #54 at one point, but maybe not. I'm hoping to crack the Top 50 one day.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:08 PM   #2472
PilotMan
Head Coach

I am #153. I thought that was pretty good. I will never crack the the upper crust of the FOFC elite.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 06:10 PM   #2473
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

#23, Holy crap
Old 12-29-2010, 10:04 PM   #2474
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

new life goal: playing through Running Down a Dream in Rock Band on expert
Old 12-29-2010, 10:42 PM   #2475
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Looking at that list of posters makes me sad a bit. st.cronin is still #10 and he hasn't posted in almost two years. I miss him around the WW forum.

I was also surprised to see Pumpy hasn't posted since 11-14. I hope he's okay. If he's staying away on purpose, I hope we didn't make too many Colin White jokes.

I was kinda wondering what happened to Pumpy as well. Hope he is ok.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:55 AM   #2476
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

For the first time ever, a flight attendant checked to make sure I was on the plane (walking up to me and confirming my name.) I didn't know they did that and I have been sitting here for 15 minutes at least.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #2477
DataKing
Pro Rookie

#186. Guess I need to stop disappearing for extended periods of time...
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #2478
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
I was kinda wondering what happened to Pumpy as well. Hope he is ok.
A little birdie asked me to check in. I'm fine, thanks. Post #466 in this very thread pretty much explains my absence.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #2479
JeeberD
General Manager

Down to seventh place, less than 50 posts in the last six months, and the vast majority of my 200 posts in the year since my son was born were in the Google Earth game and the NFL Season Prediction game threads.

It's amazing how having a kid can suck up so much of your free time.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:48 PM   #2480
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Approximately 20% of the posts I read on FOFC piss me off to no end and make me want to leave forever. If that number grows to 35%, I'm gone.

And I am measuring this.

So we reached 35%? Bummer.

Although, man, given the wide variety of relatively innocent and innocuous posts we have here, I am surprised you could find something that pisses you off no end in 35 out of every 100 posts.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:52 PM   #2481
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

Although, man, given the wide variety of relatively innocent and innocuous posts we have here, I am surprised you could find something that pisses you off no end in 35 out of every 100 posts.

After this one he only needs to find 34 more

Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 12:53 PM   #2482
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I didn't think anything angered Pumpy. I always imagined that if he was the Incredible Hulk, he'd be really boring because he'd never change.
Old 12-30-2010, 12:58 PM   #2483
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

It depends. The mustache was the source of all of his power. If he shaved it, then who knows what could happen?!
Old 12-30-2010, 01:02 PM   #2484
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I didn't think there was any material on Earth that could actually cut his mustache.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:33 PM   #2485
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

If they gave me a banhammer for one day, I'd wipe out the small group of people who are responsible for most of the 35%, but they ain't giving me that kind of power. Oh, well. On the bright side, I had some really good lasagna for dinner one night last week.
Old 12-30-2010, 01:42 PM   #2486
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If they gave me a banhammer for one day, I'd wipe out the small group of people who are responsible for most of the 35%, but they ain't giving me that kind of power. Oh, well. On the bright side, I had some really good lasagna for dinner one night last week.

See, there's nothing a good lasagna can't beat.

As for the banhammer, maybe Ignore is your friend.

Personally, even though we have never met, I would be sad to see less of you around. You're one of the coolest cats around this joint, IMO. Plus, you love to bowl.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:43 PM   #2487
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Found a programming bug in assembler code.

I don't know assembler code. No one in our office knows assembler code. The stuff was coded back in 1985 where it has sat chugging along for 25 years.

It is like uncovering an ancient civilization's lost writings.
Old 12-30-2010, 02:59 PM   #2488
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Found a programming bug in assembler code.

I don't know assembler code. No one in our office knows assembler code. The stuff was coded back in 1985 where it has sat chugging along for 25 years.

It is like uncovering an ancient civilization's lost writings.

LOL...They have guys that know it...they are typically found in museums in the caveman exhibit

I jest...my dad and I were talking about programming languages and me ramping back up and how he felt weird working in Microsoft Visual Studio with all he does is write in non oop languages.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:18 PM   #2489
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I didn't think it was possible to agitate Pumpy.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:58 PM   #2490
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'm pretty much a grumpy old man now.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:22 PM   #2491
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

But who will I look up to now? Guess the only one left is JIMG .

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 12-30-2010 at 04:22 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #2492
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm pretty much a grumpy old man now.

Perhaps not being negative and actually repairing their food processors will turn that frown upside down.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:30 PM   #2493
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Everything's cool. Let's get this place freshly stocked up with white women and we're good.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:33 PM   #2494
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Where's terpkristen when you need her?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #2495
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I should add that the women don't necessarily have to be white. I just said that before to be edgy.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:37 PM   #2496
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Playing the race card? For shame!
Old 12-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #2497
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Aren't y'all glad to have me back?
Old 12-30-2010, 04:40 PM   #2498
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

YES!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2010, 04:44 PM   #2499
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

So, my wife slices a piece off a brick of cheese for the little one, but doesn't put it back in the fridge. My wife gets busy and comes back and finds half the brick eaten (teeth marks all over).

My wife sees the brick of cheese, looks at the little one and my daughter goes... "TA DAAAA!!" and raises her arms.

She ain't gonna crap for awhile.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:54 PM   #2500
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
So, my wife slices a piece off a brick of cheese for the little one, but doesn't put it back in the fridge. My wife gets busy and comes back and finds half the brick eaten (teeth marks all over).

My wife sees the brick of cheese, looks at the little one and my daughter goes... "TA DAAAA!!" and raises her arms.

She ain't gonna crap for awhile.
This makes the song "Brick House" go through my head, and I'm thankful for that.