Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2006, 09:49 PM   #2451
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
People had different chances to see people based on how long they stayed in a district. hoops was in Cavell all night, Mr Wednesday only part of it.

Just bad luck it went that way, although I also thought there were plenty of ways to spin that, too. Really, if you're in any district and you're not on a kill run, there is a pretty good chance you will be seen and you should just say so.

If you were on a kill that night, Lathum, you would have been much harder to see, but you were opnly in the first ohase of looking for prostitutes, unfortunately.
Again, that same night ntndeacon was checking out hoops so that was why he was in that area.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #2452
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
FWIW Path...that spot-on analysis earned you bullet's knife last night, and i was gunning for Blade before I was arrested last night (i figured I'd at least give CR the chance to write that showdown if I made it there before i was arrested).

and tonight i pretty much knew it was over. either today or tomorrow, and what's the possible value in surviving another day just to be lynched tomorrow.

If I would have lived I was going hard after you today.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #2453
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

thats because I had to idetify a prostitute first. It just seems it would have made more sense for me to run along with the group. I had no chance of survival after that
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:50 PM   #2454
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
i don't really understand this post. MY point is that early in werewolf anything that sets you apart probably gets you killed so the fact that i was seperated from anyone else pretty much doomed me. Compound that with the fact people were saying I screwed up I was in a surly mood.
Becuase both seers our side had were confirmed to have met eachother on night 1, as well as watson. Then, NTN comes up dead as a seer and raider immediately trusts cronin and I. I felt it was blatantly obvious who we were.

Then, to add on to it, hoopsguy kept demanding answers about why he had seen cronin and in meeting with people at night...i was sure you guys would kill us then and there, but you all never did.

But lathum, as bad as it was for you to be singled out it was just as bad for NTN, cronin, and i to be grouped, coupled with NTNs death, RAs trust, and Hoops sightings...all game i was wondering what you were waiting for
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:51 PM   #2455
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR- Thanks for running the game, I can tell you put alot of work into it so I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way.

I was really pissed off at everyone saying I messed up etc....

I just don't understand the mechanic in the game when there is a killing and 4 of us are in one sector. 3 of them run to Mr. Wed screams, hoops can identify all 4 people in the sector then Mr. Wed can identify the 3 people who responded. It makes it impossible for me to survive that.

And you had also already left Cavell when Tyrith bought it. IIRC (I'll have to look it up), only hoops and Schmidty were actually in Cavell when Tyrith died. Well, and dubb93.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:51 PM   #2456
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
thats because I had to idetify a prostitute first. It just seems it would have made more sense for me to run along with the group. I had no chance of survival after that

But the group was the 3 people who just had a secret meeting between 2 seers...that doesnt make sense for you either to follow them
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:53 PM   #2457
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Blade and I had a lot of fun.

Thanks for all the talks cronin, i had to clear out my PM box like 4 times from all our PMs.

I had a great time working with ya, thanks for the fun buddy
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 09:55 PM   #2458
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I almost was going to try and get you lynched at one point, st. cronin. After you started saying people should vote to lynch me and knowing I was good, I instantly became suspicious of you.

This is a common mistake in werewolf, confusing the statement "that player is wrong" with "that player is a wolf." I do it myself, fairly often.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:55 PM   #2459
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Cronin was holmes, i was watson...watson had no bodyguard powers. From the start i took the spotlight and eventually claimed holmes all to cover cronin. I figured eventually you would want to kill the one seer alive, but would miss and kill me. But you guys never came, which still suprises me.

Every murder we would visit...we investigated every crime scene and learned things from each. Thats how we bagged saldana that night, from our inspection of scmidty's body...thats whow we knew barkeep was killed by a lover, becuase he found a rash on his/her back which made it clear.

Last night we had communication issues..he asked me to send a scan in(since he said he was gone for the night about an hour before lynch), and i typed an order up. Right when i was going to send it in, he showed up(about 4 hours past lynch)...so we talked, and decided on scanning DT. Unfortunately, we both thought the other was going to send the order in. Cronin posted a the story about path, and despite my disagreement personally with that i had to follow along in public. We hoped maybe the bad guys would think we had something but wanted to wait...

Actually Watson did have BG ability...on Holmes. If Holmes was attacked, Watson would buy it for his friend and partner. And Holmes, in his grief, would be twice as sharp in picking up clues.

You got saldana because it was the third kill by Hyde you had investidated. Chances of identifying the killer increased with every murder by the same murderer. Getting dubb was just luck. st. cronin had a 1 in 5 chance of spotting an evil character in an interview, and he rolled it up on dubb.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:55 PM   #2460
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Not being picky, but Moriarty, Fagin, the WW, and Hyde were all able to communicate? Wow. I'm surprised we won.

You do realize in this game there were 2 seers and one of the seers was actually two people and the two could talk and then 4 "semi" seers, right? I think the game was balanced slighly wrong, however I'd play it again. I don't think Chief had dreamed Lathum would have died so early. Even when you guys lost a seer in NTN, I think you have no clue the effect of Lathum dieing had. It allowed the "semi" seers to share their scans or "johns" in public.

Add to the fact that the only person we had that could kill every night was Saldana, we didn't get team kills like in normal games. It pretty much came down to die rolls IMHO. So yea, had Lathum survived we had a shot, once Lathum was gone the game balance went completely out the window. I also think the entire night scene of seeing everyone out and about made the game even more stacked against up.

If me or Sal made a kill we weren't seen out, anywhere in normal form(which draws attention from everyone). After LSG's urchins died, she could no longer leave the house, and in order for Daddy to visit a whore he had to forgo his evil night actions. And I still think it all goes back to the game balance going out the window once Lathum died. The whores won the game with their information. But that was a great play by Hoops to nail Lathum.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:55 PM   #2461
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Becuase both seers our side had were confirmed to have met eachother on night 1, as well as watson. Then, NTN comes up dead as a seer and raider immediately trusts cronin and I. I felt it was blatantly obvious who we were.

Then, to add on to it, hoopsguy kept demanding answers about why he had seen cronin and in meeting with people at night...i was sure you guys would kill us then and there, but you all never did.

But lathum, as bad as it was for you to be singled out it was just as bad for NTN, cronin, and i to be grouped, coupled with NTNs death, RAs trust, and Hoops sightings...all game i was wondering what you were waiting for

ditto

knives out
Old 12-05-2006, 09:59 PM   #2462
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You got saldana because it was the third kill by Hyde you had investidated. Chances of identifying the killer increased with every murder by the same murderer.

Are you freakin serious? That is complete bullshit.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:59 PM   #2463
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
You do realize in this game there were 2 seers and one of the seers was actually two people and the two could talk and then 4 "semi" seers, right? I think the game was balanced slighly wrong, however I'd play it again. I don't think Chief had dreamed Lathum would have died so early. Even when you guys lost a seer in NTN, I think you have no clue the effect of Lathum dieing had. It allowed the "semi" seers to share their scans or "johns" in public.

Add to the fact that the only person we had that could kill every night was Saldana, we didn't get team kills like in normal games. It pretty much came down to die rolls IMHO. So yea, had Lathum survived we had a shot, once Lathum was gone the game balance went completely out the window. I also think the entire night scene of seeing everyone out and about made the game even more stacked against up.

If me or Sal made a kill we weren't seen out, anywhere in normal form(which draws attention from everyone). After LSG's urchins died, she could no longer leave the house, and in order for Daddy to visit a whore he had to forgo his evil night actions. And I still think it all goes back to the game balance going out the window once Lathum died. The whores won the game with their information. But that was a great play by Hoops to nail Lathum.

agreed. dubb and i said this several times early on, that the game balance seemed off. and he just articulated why quite eloquently so I will just say that i agree with everything he said regarding that. and that's not just sour grapes...sure we could have played better and possibly won, but at heart I think the game balance was stacked against us, and the loss of lathum on night 2 (before he could have any effect) just made it near-impossible for us.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:01 PM   #2464
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Dubb, with this being true, you werent as screwed as you think:
Quote:
st. cronin had a 1 in 5 chance of spotting an evil character in an interview, and he rolled it up on dubb.
Dice rolls fell in our favor, but the balance was actually there..you guys just got unlucky and made some "interesting" night kill choices.

Can you all tell me why all game(well, after NTN on night 2) you killed the regular villagers and 1 hooker? It seemed clear to me RA, cronin, and i were widely accepted as the 3 specials, and the 3 of us won the game.

Without being able to arrest and double lynch, we wouldnt have had LSG or DT this quickly, and without cronins seer powers we wouldnt have had dubb, saldana, and really lathum since he got caught in part because our scan of NTN.

So basically, why did you any of the 3 of us?
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 10:02 PM   #2465
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Thats what we never revealed, and i said it a bit ago.

Now you know why i was soo for the bad guys killing constantly, we would catch you.
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #2466
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I mean seriously, I would bye the fact that Blade was watching the area of Sal's murder. But to hand it to him? Thats not a good mechanic at all, and I really wish I hadn't heard that. How were we supposed to kill them off then? I assume there was a stipulation where when the side of good lynched an innocent they risked losing a random member too? Or risked losing a day to lynch? I chalked that up to a good play by Blade to be in the right place at the right time, but you handed it to him?
Old 12-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #2467
Raiders Army
Coordinator

also, what about the masons?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:04 PM   #2468
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So who were the freemasons? Or was that just a ruse?

No ruse, but no masons to start the game. If a Londoner got to 20 shillings and kept it at that level or higher for a night, he would be offered to join the freemasons. Only thing was he couldn't have committed to evil yet (been converted).

A mason had a number of powers. He could command RA to arrest anyone or release anyone. He could put anyone's head in a noose (the other side of the duke power that I did not give to RA). He could frame someone for a crime once a game, much like Moriarty had, and his frame would stick. And he would not be able to be lynched.

Dodgerchick came closest after robbing Barkeep. She would have been offered last night if you hadn't lynched her.

Oh yeah, and the win condition was as listed--to survive. And the mason could choose to help whomever they wanted. One mason per game.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:04 PM   #2469
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
agreed. dubb and i said this several times early on, that the game balance seemed off. and he just articulated why quite eloquently so I will just say that i agree with everything he said regarding that. and that's not just sour grapes...sure we could have played better and possibly won, but at heart I think the game balance was stacked against us, and the loss of lathum on night 2 (before he could have any effect) just made it near-impossible for us.

We lost one of our seers night 2(same as lathum), our other seer had a 1 in 5, i repeat 1 in 5 chance of catching a bad guy if we scanned him, and the only real power we had was that we could investigate crime scenes. That netted us 1, 1 bad guy.

You had 5, really 6 killers...you could all communicate(minus lathum, but you knew him and he died early), and all 3 good specials were pretty obvious in hinting
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 10:04 PM   #2470
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Also, Blade was Watson and I was Holmes.

I suspected this after the first few days. It was a good play, in my opinion.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:04 PM   #2471
st.cronin
General Manager

Killing path was the nail in the coffin. Hoopsguy or Izulde would have been better choices, and Blade and I would have been VASTLY better choices. Had you come after either myself or Blade, you might have been able to pull out a win.

The game was still within reach at that point.

knives out
Old 12-05-2006, 10:05 PM   #2472
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

So basically, why did you any of the 3 of us?

We all made the decisions ourselves on who to kill and argued about it quite a bit. However, once Sal died we were down to no real killers. Like I said, Sal was the only one who could kill every night. Heck, I only got 1 kill.

LSG only got 1 kill, and DT only got 2 kills. We didn't kill you b/c by that point we couldn't. Simple as that.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:05 PM   #2473
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thats what we never revealed, and i said it a bit ago.

Now you know why i was soo for the bad guys killing constantly, we would catch you.

and you KNEW this? that's ridiculous...means all you had to do was pick one type of "kill" to keep investigating until you found the murderer. UGH

as for why we didn't go after you three: lack of night-kill ability (LSG had 1, i only had 2 until the others were killed, dubb was dependent on the weather, sal could kill every night but risked "loosing control", bullet had none)

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-05-2006 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #2474
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I mean seriously, I would bye the fact that Blade was watching the area of Sal's murder. But to hand it to him? Thats not a good mechanic at all, and I really wish I hadn't heard that. How were we supposed to kill them off then? I assume there was a stipulation where when the side of good lynched an innocent they risked losing a random member too? Or risked losing a day to lynch? I chalked that up to a good play by Blade to be in the right place at the right time, but you handed it to him?

It was cronin, i was watson.

And if you hadnt left us alive after all of our hints it wouldnt have been an issue.

Unlike you, we couldnt visit prostitutes...it was clear by day 2 or 3 who was left. Not to us, you were all unvisited too...but to you, it read a list of good specials. I maintain you made the mistake of not killing the three of us(more cronin and RA) and it cost you the game
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #2475
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Again, that same night ntndeacon was checking out hoops so that was why he was in that area.

Yup, ntn was there for hoops, and Watson-st. cronin were there for ntn. Strangely enough, they left to investigate the other murders (BrianD and Fouts, I think), and then came back to Cavell after Tyrith bought it.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #2476
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
and you KNEW this? that's ridiculous...means all you had to do was pick one type of "kill" to keep investigating until you found the murderer. UGH

as for why we didn't go after you three: lack of night-kill ability (LSG didn't have any, i only had 2 (i think) until the others were killed, dubb was dependent on the weather)

No, we were never guranteed a thing..we just investigated every murder scene and looked for clues. The more each murdered, the more likely we found something. We went to every murder, not one type...but we could have gone for a year and not got anything, we got lucky with sal
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 10:08 PM   #2477
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
It was cronin, i was watson.

And if you hadnt left us alive after all of our hints it wouldnt have been an issue.

Unlike you, we couldnt visit prostitutes...it was clear by day 2 or 3 who was left. Not to us, you were all unvisited too...but to you, it read a list of good specials. I maintain you made the mistake of not killing the three of us(more cronin and RA) and it cost you the game

Blade, I got 1 kill, I repeat 1 kill on night 1. I believe LSG's kill's were gone on night 2, and with Lathum and Sal dead, our two killers, who exactly was going to kill you?
Old 12-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #2478
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well, you investigated exactly one bad guy and I came up bad to you. And only the only guy that killed more than twice you nailed him immediately. I'd say you were REALLY lucky.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #2479
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Blade, I got 1 kill, I repeat 1 kill on night 1. I believe LSG's kill's were gone on night 2, and with Lathum and Sal dead, our two killers, who exactly was going to kill you?

yeah. the weather screwed you too dubb. and i was honestly wary of going after holmes+watson myself even after we had identified you two because I figured you had a counter to my rather "clumsy" kills and then I would be lost for nothing.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:12 PM   #2480
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It wasn't automatic. Even the third saldana kill was just a 50% shot. But Watson-Holmes were getting lucky roles all game long.

Also, it was bad luck with the weather. If weather behaves (50% chance of moon being out every night), you get to kill every night. And unfortunately for you, one of the nights you could kill, your target was arrested before you could get to him.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:12 PM   #2481
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
You all chose to kill path, you chose to kill barkeep...

Heck, by night 3 all the clues were out there(really after night 2 it was clear about cronin and I...RA might have been harder). Night 3 you chose schmidty, and mr. w(i can understand mr. w, but we were a bigger threat then schmidty too.

Thats 3 kills you could have used on us
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #2482
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Well, you investigated exactly one bad guy and I came up bad to you. And only the only guy that killed more than twice you nailed him immediately. I'd say you were REALLY lucky.

Yes, we were very lucky.

knives out
Old 12-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #2483
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Killing path was the nail in the coffin. Hoopsguy or Izulde would have been better choices, and Blade and I would have been VASTLY better choices. Had you come after either myself or Blade, you might have been able to pull out a win.

The game was still within reach at that point.

I was still alive when we found out what happened after I died. In no uncertain terms, they were told they were not killers. Bullet had no experience killing, and DT was clumsy at it. Their best chance was to go out together, but even then the chance of making a kill and cleaning it up good were about nil. So, I think if you were told that you would be careful to pick off the feeble.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #2484
Swaggs
Coordinator

Did the prostitutes know one another from the beginning? Or was it just real easy for them to identify one another? I think the fact that they were all good to begin with and that they all seemed to know one another gave the good side, perhaps, too much of an advantage. Although I guess it was unknown whether or not they were good, we all seemed to assume that they were.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #2485
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

We got good dice rolls, but things didnt go our way as well. Hoopsguy was a big detractor for us, as he couldnt shut up about cronin and i. By night 2 he had linked us twice, and the first time with the other dead seer.

Lucky yes, but you had luck like that too
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 10:14 PM   #2486
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You all chose to kill path, you chose to kill barkeep...

Heck, by night 3 all the clues were out there(really after night 2 it was clear about cronin and I...RA might have been harder). Night 3 you chose schmidty, and mr. w(i can understand mr. w, but we were a bigger threat then schmidty too.

Thats 3 kills you could have used on us

Schmidty's kill was a mistake as I said before I died. We lost control of hyde. Another thing that was stacked against us, we fucking lost control of our only real killer.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:15 PM   #2487
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I actually believe the kill of Schmidty was supposed to St. Cronin, but we lost control of him. Prehaps Sal can come in and confirm?
Old 12-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #2488
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Did the prostitutes know one another from the beginning? Or was it just real easy for them to identify one another? I think the fact that they were all good to begin with and that they all seemed to know one another gave the good side, perhaps, too much of an advantage. Although I guess it was unknown whether or not they were good, we all seemed to assume that they were.

Knew there were four prostitutes, but did not know each other initially.

On Night 0 I saw Barkeep and SnDvls out selling themselves. And Fouts protected Izulde, said he was in another district. So it seemed likely that Izulde was the 4th. Had that info by end of Day 1.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:16 PM   #2489
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Schmidty's kill was a mistake as I said before I died. We lost control of hyde. Another thing that was stacked against us, we fucking lost control of our only real killer.

Ill openly admit we got lucky...you got lucky to get one of our seers on night 2....but you have to realize it wasnt unbalanced, and the reason im fighting you here is because i think your wrongly attacking chiefs game when the fault lie in other areas...be it bad luck or missing clues
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #2490
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was still alive when we found out what happened after I died. In no uncertain terms, they were told they were not killers. Bullet had no experience killing, and DT was clumsy at it. Their best chance was to go out together, but even then the chance of making a kill and cleaning it up good were about nil. So, I think if you were told that you would be careful to pick off the feeble.

exactly. there's no way we had a chance to win, especially with holmes+watson investigating our clumsy kills i was certain. and i had a feeling that we wouldn't be able to get to killing the two of you either, and even if we had via path's post i was still target #1 and bullet would buy it sooner or later.

it was beyond done at that point. hell i'll go ahead and say that ANY chance we had was gone when Sal died, and DEFINATELY when dubb died.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:18 PM   #2491
Blade6119
Coordinator

Hoopsguy, now do you understand why i was annoyed by you not dropping your demands about seeing cronin and i with schmidty when both Mr W and i were telling you to shut up? I was sure they would come kill us that night
Demotivation
Old 12-05-2006, 10:18 PM   #2492
hoopsguy
General Manager

One of these times I want a bad guy to actually put up their own argument rather than waiting for me to find a reason to back them

Blade/Cronin - I'm not sure I would have swallowed the "we collectively forgot to process an action" story so I guess I'm very glad the game ended tonight when it did.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:18 PM   #2493
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well, he is Sherlock Holmes. Like I said, it wasn't automatic. You guys had some bad rolls. Just like losing Jack The Ripper really hurt you guys, losing Sherlock Holmes would have really hurt the side of good. Unfortunately for you, Holmes stayed alive and Jack bought it early.

Not going to say whether it was balanced properly or not. It was my first GMing game, so I am certain I made a mistake or two here and there.

But that's what was going on there. Sorry if you felt it was unbalanced. It wasn't my intent.

Old 12-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #2494
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well, he is Sherlock Holmes. Like I said, it wasn't automatic. You guys had some bad rolls. Just like losing Jack The Ripper really hurt you guys, losing Sherlock Holmes would have really hurt the side of good. Unfortunately for you, Holmes stayed alive and Jack bought it early.

Not going to say whether it was balanced properly or not. It was my first GMing game, so I am certain I made a mistake or two here and there.

But that's what was going on there. Sorry if you felt it was unbalanced. It wasn't my intent.

it's okay chief. I just want to say, none of us are ATTACKING you or blaming you for that. It's more...constructive criticism.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:20 PM   #2495
Swaggs
Coordinator

Actually, if I hadn't of screwed up and not given CR instructions on what to do with my bribed orphan, we would have gotten LSG a couple of days earlier, as well.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #2496
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Actually, when you died, anyone without previous kill pwoers gained those powers "out of necessity." In other words, Fagin and Moriarty were normally manipulators, and bullet was too new, so they wouldn't kill automatically. But if the three "killers" all bought it, they would gain normal killing powers (and they did--bullet killed path).

Old 12-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #2497
st.cronin
General Manager

I agree the way the game went was tough for the badguys. But, I still think they will agree that it was a fun game, and that Chief did a good job.

knives out
Old 12-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #2498
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I actually believe the kill of Schmidty was supposed to St. Cronin, but we lost control of him. Prehaps Sal can come in and confirm?

i think you're right about this, from what i remember. and that would have taken out blade, and still left us with our "real" killer.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #2499
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoopsguy, now do you understand why i was annoyed by you not dropping your demands about seeing cronin and i with schmidty when both Mr W and i were telling you to shut up? I was sure they would come kill us that night

Yeah, I get it. But I also thought it was about 50/50 on you having a Holmes/Watson role versus Fagin/Urchin and Schmidty wasn't around to say anything about the situation.

I'm always going to have a hard time sitting on the sideline and trusting someone in these games - I'm naturally paranoid when I play. I ask questions with the intent of putting information together and "trust me" is not the easiest advice to listen to, especially after I felt like you went after a known good in Barkeep earlier in the game and had admitted to lying about your info repeatedly.

Anyways, all is well that ends well with this game.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #2500
Blade6119
Coordinator

It wasnt unbalanced, we just got lucky and the bad guys didnt kill the special roles. Sucks for them, but it wasnt the game. Bad guys, unlucky or not, missed the good roles and lost becuase of it.
Demotivation