Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-23-2006, 06:59 PM   #2451
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts
But, why is it ok to kill somebody on the side of good? Lathum has said Alan is a necro. Nobody has come out and said I am a mummy or Lathum is the head nec. You guys are all saying kill one of the good guys is ok, while leaving a bad guy alive. I don't understand it.

you are a mummy

lathum is the head nec

Happy now?
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:59 PM   #2452
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Coffee Warlord, the fanatic, killed him.

It's not my fault! Honest! The yaks made me do it!
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:00 PM   #2453
Tyrith
College Starter

My logical side wants Fouts dead...but...I can see a situation where Fouts is good and Lathum is bad. The absolutely very best Lathum can be right now is the prophecy and that's not good for us, but if we kill Fouts and he's good I don't want this subject dropped. I suspect there is a good chance the only side Fouts is on is Lathum's side, even if he is an avatar. If lathum is head necro he probably still has a disease use left (I assume he wouldn't be able to disease and search for necro the same night) so we're saving ourselves a sure kill either way, but this way leaves us the possibility of an avatar and it gets the lathum discussion over with before we get distracted slaughtering Alan or the like.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:01 PM   #2454
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
But, why is it ok to kill somebody on the side of good? Lathum has said Alan is a necro. Nobody has come out and said I am a mummy or Lathum is the head nec. You guys are all saying kill one of the good guys is ok, while leaving a bad guy alive. I don't understand it.

you are a bad guy, kill fouts...there how's that.

lynching fouts is the right choice. even if...and it's a hugh ass if he's an avatar we gain knowledge....first we keep our EG like king said and we then know lathum is good.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:01 PM   #2455
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

You know:

A lot of us feel Lathum is the prophecy which is how he dodged the sooth lie detection. Maybe the prophecy summons someone who is NEITHER the mummy nor the avatar?

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:02 PM   #2456
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
only if fouts is good. see if fouts is bad we know lathum is bad and the necros do to so they can all meet up tonight. (guess 4 left now). so we kill lathum. leave fouts to kill and probally 2 more kills tonight. Tomorrow the remaining 4 necros gang up as we hang fouts. that's again a 2 night kill.

this is the necros attempt to all finally get together. no matter what they either scan lathum and all have communication.

sun, i am not disagreeing with you at all, but there is alot more upside to leaving fouts alive than leaving lathum alive....all lathum gives us (if he is for real) is one more 'scavenge' that may or may not prove useful. fouts gives us 3 nights of protection that kills anyone that attacks him
Old 06-23-2006, 07:02 PM   #2457
Tyrith
College Starter

I don't know if you're the mummy Fouts, but you weren't summoned by a guy on our side, so you're guilty by association. Lathum tried to make up a cute story and got caught because he forgot how explicit the rules were. Sometimes being summoned isn't the happiest way to live a life, sorry.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:03 PM   #2458
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
sun, i am not disagreeing with you at all, but there is alot more upside to leaving fouts alive than leaving lathum alive....all lathum gives us (if he is for real) is one more 'scavenge' that may or may not prove useful. fouts gives us 3 nights of protection that kills anyone that attacks him

At this point I seriously doubt that there is a scavenge ability in the game. I suspect Lathum came up with a cover so that he didn't have to show us his real abilities but was caught by the "no hidden rules except prophecy" bug.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:03 PM   #2459
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

it's too high a risk in my book...we're doing just fine with out him right now...hell they haven't gotten a night kill yet we're doing all the work between a day one lynch..a blace explosion...and a CW attack and hanging.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:04 PM   #2460
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
You know:

A lot of us feel Lathum is the prophecy which is how he dodged the sooth lie detection. Maybe the prophecy summons someone who is NEITHER the mummy nor the avatar?

-Anxiety

This makes sense with my theory that Fouts is only on Lathum's side...a personal EG for Lathum?
Old 06-23-2006, 07:05 PM   #2461
Fouts
College Starter

Well, no facts, just a bunch of wild guessing going on. Nice.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:05 PM   #2462
SnDvls
Pro Starter

kill fouts and force lathum's hand if he's lying.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:06 PM   #2463
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
it's too high a risk in my book...we're doing just fine with out him right now...hell they haven't gotten a night kill yet we're doing all the work between a day one lynch..a blace explosion...and a CW attack and hanging.

I don't think that we're risking that much because Lathum probably isn't our side and if our EG is smart there is only about a 1/12 chance he gets caught tonight.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:06 PM   #2464
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yep, and it seems awfully hoopsguy-ish. He creates a role where it's pretty easy to figure out who is the avatar and whuo is the mummy, only to have a hidden third role to surprise us with.

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 07:06 PM   #2465
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, no facts, just a bunch of wild guessing going on. Nice.

seems to be the same thing you were doing...I noticed you back off accusing me after it was pretty clear I'm good.

I'd also say path is good as well for those worried or wondering.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:06 PM   #2466
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ive been torn over which way to vote all along... I think right now I agree with the mummy being more dangerous left alive. The fact it can kill anyone means bad things as we have no protection from it and he can take out several important roles. If Lathum is the head necro, and we keep him alive, its no sure thing that he is even able to do anything bad to us...

I think I'm going back with my vote from earlier

Vote Fouts

Its not really an easy decision, but weighing pros and cons I think it gives us a better chance to win in the end.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:07 PM   #2467
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I'm not moving my vote...I"m off to dinner

down w/ Fouts!!!
Old 06-23-2006, 07:07 PM   #2468
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
This makes sense with my theory that Fouts is only on Lathum's side...a personal EG for Lathum?

either way, neither of them is on our side. because if lathum is the prophecy, he killed blade, which didnt help us at all.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:08 PM   #2469
Tyrith
College Starter

I'm no longer going to give Fouts the respect of actually having anything useful or relevant to say until he posts something that actually involves evidence.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:09 PM   #2470
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
seems to be the same thing you were doing...I noticed you back off accusing me after it was pretty clear I'm good.

I'd also say path is good as well for those worried or wondering.

he has pretty much stopped throwing all our names out there as soon as it was mentioned how wolfish it was....maybe hoping we would forget?
Old 06-23-2006, 07:10 PM   #2471
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

But is anyone worth protecting around here?
Old 06-23-2006, 07:11 PM   #2472
Tyrith
College Starter

I am just really really concerned now that Fouts is going to come up as an avatar or some kind of avatar and people are gonna think lathum is on our side when he bald-face lied to us today and is almost certainly the prophecy. We can kill an avatar and still need to kill lathum tomorrow (ESPECIALLY if he doesn't come clean right this second and what happens tonight doesn't match with Fouts death). If I can at least get some support to ease my concerns I'll switch back to fouts.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:11 PM   #2473
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I'm no longer going to give Fouts the respect of actually having anything useful or relevant to say until he posts something that actually involves evidence.

Thanks for that. Here is some evidence. dubb scanned lathum and it said he was good.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:11 PM   #2474
saldana
Pro Starter

and if lathum is the prophecy, why didnt he say so...there are plenty of ways for us to protect him at night....why bother with the goofy scavenger thing unless he is on his own team

(did i post this already, i honestly cant remember if i posted it or just thought it)
Old 06-23-2006, 07:12 PM   #2475
Tyrith
College Starter

[OOC] I really don't like how this game has gone in terms of personal attacks and tempers...blade, lathum, dubb, myself getting snippy, now fouts seems to be going down that path...I'm not sure this is good for Werewolf in the long run. Just a note. [/OOC]
Old 06-23-2006, 07:13 PM   #2476
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I am just really really concerned now that Fouts is going to come up as an avatar or some kind of avatar and people are gonna think lathum is on our side when he bald-face lied to us today and is almost certainly the prophecy. We can kill an avatar and still need to kill lathum tomorrow (ESPECIALLY if he doesn't come clean right this second and what happens tonight doesn't match with Fouts death). If I can at least get some support to ease my concerns I'll switch back to fouts.

Unbelievable. People are voting for me because I might be the mummy and it will clear Lathum, and now you are saying it doesn't clear Lathum when I am found to be an avatar. Very necro-like. Throw more suspicion on Lathum to save Alan.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:13 PM   #2477
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Thanks for that. Here is some evidence. dubb scanned lathum and it said he was good.

And the scan result was otherwise completely inconsistent with lathum's story. You can use this with evidence, it just proves lathum is a liar or a faker.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:15 PM   #2478
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
[OOC] I really don't like how this game has gone in terms of personal attacks and tempers...blade, lathum, dubb, myself getting snippy, now fouts seems to be going down that path...I'm not sure this is good for Werewolf in the long run. Just a note. [/OOC]

Huh? I'm playing the game. If you can't separate the two thats your problem. I didn't say anything about disrespecting you.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #2479
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

What a thread kill, learn to play the game.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #2480
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think we really need to deal with lathum tonight. There are scenarios under which Lathum is someone we need to take out but under which Fouts is still an Avatar. Maybe Lathum is the head nec and he never summoned a mummy, so he knows Fouts is not a mummy. Maybe Lathum is the prophecy and he can shoose to summon a mummy or an avatar and he chose avatar to get on our good side. Who knows?

However, we do know that if Lathum is rotten, Fouts is too.

In other words, a Fouts lynch as a mummy is not a guarantee that a Lathum lynch is a bad move the following day. A Lanthum lynch as a baddie likely keeps Fouts around.

We do know something hinky is going on with Lathum or Dubb. One lied to us. Either he has a role and Dub is lying or he is lying about his scavenger role or he's something immune like a Head Nec using a cursed scarab or the prophecy.

In other words, there is a reason to vote lathum outside of the Lathum/Fouts continuum. There is no for Fouts.

-Anxiety

Old 06-23-2006, 07:16 PM   #2481
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

And Chubby earlier

Old 06-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #2482
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think we really need to deal with lathum tonight. There are scenarios under which Lathum is someone we need to take out but under which Fouts is still an Avatar. Maybe Lathum is the head nec and he never summoned a mummy, so he knows Fouts is not a mummy. Maybe Lathum is the prophecy and he can shoose to summon a mummy or an avatar and he chose avatar to get on our good side. Who knows?

Fouts has made it clear he was summoned by Lathum. end of story on that.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #2483
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Huh? I'm playing the game. If you can't separate the two thats your problem. I didn't say anything about disrespecting you.

You don't have to say anything, but your tone for most of the day has been, "Wow, wtf, I'm playing with a bunch of idiots." It might just be playing the game, but like with blade, it's not a tactic that I think makes the game a better experience for anyone else. It might just be that you're doing this strategy THIS game because I haven't seen you play a game in realtime. And I know I've kinda gone a little on-tilt myself this game and for that I have to sincerely apologize. I think we should all strive to play this game in a pleasant manner, no matter what side we are on.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:19 PM   #2484
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
And Chubby earlier

Chubby was just being stubborn. He even said it wasn't out of character. Let's play the game and not worry about hurting someones feelings, it is a game about lieing, cheating, and killing. Someone has to be a dick at some point.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:21 PM   #2485
Tyrith
College Starter

I wonder if there is any possible chance that if we kill the person who summoned something the something also dies? It isn't in the rules and large parts of me are just looking for a good excuse to keep my vote on lathum now, but the avatar and mummy both say "a maximum of three days/night", so there's a tiny chance for it.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:21 PM   #2486
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You don't have to say anything, but your tone for most of the day has been, "Wow, wtf, I'm playing with a bunch of idiots." It might just be playing the game, but like with blade, it's not a tactic that I think makes the game a better experience for anyone else. It might just be that you're doing this strategy THIS game because I haven't seen you play a game in realtime. And I know I've kinda gone a little on-tilt myself this game and for that I have to sincerely apologize. I think we should all strive to play this game in a pleasant manner, no matter what side we are on.

Sometimes that isn't possible, I warn you of this before you find yourself in a situation where u've spent free time for nearly 2 weeks playing and find yourself the only villager left with a wolf, a mafia hitman, and a mafia spy. Sometimes you have to be a dick.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #2487
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

from what i remember from playing with fouts before, he is always very abrupt, but i have never thought he was rude or abrasive in any way....no more so than most of us who are about to get killed and dont want to die.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #2488
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:

Ok, sounds good. Can you please not make the noose so tight as you strangle the life from me.

Seriously, I am just taken aback when people are given facts and choose to disregard them. There was a scan, oh but it might have been corrupt, here is my role, oh it doesn't exist because I don't see it written down.

If my tone is coming across this way, its because I know the truth and nobody believes it. I'll stop posting and let you get on with your lynch.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:22 PM   #2489
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Chubby was just being stubborn. He even said it wasn't out of character. Let's play the game and not worry about hurting someones feelings, it is a game about lieing, cheating, and killing. Someone has to be a dick at some point.

heh

Old 06-23-2006, 07:23 PM   #2490
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Sometimes that isn't possible, I warn you of this before you find yourself in a situation where u've spent free time for nearly 2 weeks playing and find yourself the only villager left with a wolf, a mafia hitman, and a mafia spy. Sometimes you have to be a dick.

I think on this we'll have to agree to disagree and leave it at that. Time to kick ass
Old 06-23-2006, 07:25 PM   #2491
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

wow, I love this game, you guys are so paroinoid. So in the span of 24 hours I have summoned fouts, used an item to confuse dubbs scan, killed blade, become the prophecy and invented a role. All I have started with are theories so that we would have some discussion today. Once fouts is proven to be the avatar one way or the other I hope you guys wil have some faith in me.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:25 PM   #2492
Tyrith
College Starter

I think an interesting werewolf variant would be a game where people are only allowed to make a certain number of posts each day. We'd definately make them all a lot longer but everything would also be more considered and there would probably be a lot less junk to sort out. And no, this is not meant as a crack at anyone here, just an interesting concept I just thought of.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:26 PM   #2493
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum
wow, I love this game, you guys are so paroinoid. So in the span of 24 hours I have summoned fouts, used an item to confuse dubbs scan, killed blade, become the prophecy and invented a role. All I have started with are theories so that we would have some discussion today. Once fouts is proven to be the avatar one way or the other I hope you guys wil have some faith in me.

I will have faith in you if and only if you explain how your role fits within the parameters set out by hoops at the beginning of the game.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:27 PM   #2494
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
are you refering to the mafia game
Old 06-23-2006, 07:28 PM   #2495
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I wonder if there is any possible chance that if we kill the person who summoned something the something also dies? It isn't in the rules and large parts of me are just looking for a good excuse to keep my vote on lathum now, but the avatar and mummy both say "a maximum of three days/night", so there's a tiny chance for it.

this is huge...i didnt notice it before....if we kill lathum, it only makes sense that the being he summoned dies with him....which means if we are wrong, we DON'T get 3 nights of guard duty from fouts....however, i dont think we are wrong, which translates to killing lathum kills them both and we dont have to worry about what fouts will do tonight in terms of killing.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:28 PM   #2496
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I think an interesting werewolf variant would be a game where people are only allowed to make a certain number of posts each day. We'd definately make them all a lot longer but everything would also be more considered and there would probably be a lot less junk to sort out. And no, this is not meant as a crack at anyone here, just an interesting concept I just thought of.
blade would hate this
Old 06-23-2006, 07:29 PM   #2497
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

*wave Tanglewood* Welcome to 15 new pages!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 07:30 PM   #2498
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum

actually, I AM SURE YOU ARE NOT THE PROPHECY.

the role of avatar is listed under the Eqyptian roles, not the neutral, so you have to be either the mystic or the head necro, and fouts either the avatar or the mummy....i think my vote says which one i think you are.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:35 PM   #2499
Tyrith
College Starter

The Prophecy could be an Egyptian, theoretically, but probably not an Egyptian on our side; more like...crap, I forget the name of the traitor role usually. But you get the idea.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #2500
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
The Prophecy could be an Egyptian, theoretically, but probably not an Egyptian on our side; more like...crap, I forget the name of the traitor role usually. But you get the idea.
turncoat.

but the turncoat suggests someone who is a weasel and I doubt the prophecy is that.