Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-13-2023, 06:12 PM   #25801
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

My wife decided on our getaway. Hotel in Atlanta (done often), Saturday night at the Shakespeare Tavern for "Dracula: The Failings of Men" (they almost always do "Othello" in October, so this is a nice change of pace), and then Sunday afternoon the Atlanta Falcons versus the Washington Commanders. That was her idea and a total surprise.
Still open for something Monday, but we are going to have a fun weekend.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 06:49 PM   #25802
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
So George would be ... Brent Spiner?

#whoknew

I was going to go with "Charles Dance if he was from Iowa" but yours is better.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 06:58 PM   #25803
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
... Saturday night at the Shakespeare Tavern for "Dracula: The Failings of Men" (they almost always do "Othello" in October, so this is a nice change of pace)...

A truly cultured & renaissance man in our midst.

I looked it up, may have to give it a shot.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2023, 07:27 PM   #25804
GrantDawg

The Tavern is a great place to see a play. Decent food as well.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 09-13-2023, 07:31 PM   #25805
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I like that Coke is trying to innovate but can't say any of their Creation drinks have stuck with me. I think it's because its all so transitory/temporary. Wish they would pick 1 or 2, and create a new business line.

Old 09-13-2023, 07:42 PM   #25806
Edward64
Head Coach

Yup
Old 09-14-2023, 01:00 PM   #25807
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

This was a real product invented by a black panther
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 01:07 PM   #25808
Edward64
Head Coach

Funny, wonder how it sold.

It needs a 20's remake.
Old 09-14-2023, 02:31 PM   #25809
bhlloy
Coordinator

I think we've either had a thread for long misheard lyrics or we've been putting them in here, but I had a fun one this evening. While randomly rapping a song that had been in my head for a couple of hours I suddenly had the epiphany that Jay-Z says

"selling out the Garden in a day" (i.e. selling out MSG)

not

"selling out the garden in the day"

I have no idea what the garden has ever meant in my head, but I guessed it was some reference to people thinking he's sold out by making music rather than his previous endeavors that I was just not well versed enough to understand. Yeah, I feel kinda stupid now, that's only been 20 years or so.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 03:12 PM   #25810
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I would assume Madison square garden since he’s from nyc.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2023, 03:35 PM   #25811
bhlloy
Coordinator

It makes absolutely perfect sense now, but literally just realized it out of the blue after probably having that lyric go through my head hundreds or thousands of times over the last 20 years. The mind is a really funny thing.
Old 09-15-2023, 08:31 AM   #25812
HerRealName
College Prospect

The old lady and I are about to head over to Italy to celebrate our 25th. We have a couple of things reserved - a Coliseum tour with a guide and we want to visit Pompeii but basically the only thing I've scheduled are the places where we are staying and a few train tickets on longer trips between cities.

A co-worker offered up their itinerary from their recent trip and it's like a nightmare come to life. Every hour is completely scheduled out including wake up times. There are also multiple cooking classes and other activities that sound like torture to me. It went directly into the trash can.

I just thought it was interesting how differently people approach vacations and probably life in general.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 08:44 AM   #25813
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Right? I'm trying to figure out this summer and my wife suggested a road trip down the California coast where we schedule different activities. That's not a vacation to me, that's work. Yes I want to see places, but I also want time to just shut my brain off and just see, not do.

I don't like the beach, or really the pool, or even sitting in the sun drinking an alcoholic drink... but just doing that at a nice Caribbean resort is 10x more enjoyable to me than a sight-seeing tour. And yeah, maybe I'll take a day or 2 to go see a village or zip lining, but at my age I just need time to decompress.

Edit: Oh, and congrats on your anniversary.

Last edited by Ghost Econ : 09-15-2023 at 08:45 AM.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 09:27 AM   #25814
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
The old lady and I are about to head over to Italy to celebrate our 25th. We have a couple of things reserved - a Coliseum tour with a guide and we want to visit Pompeii but basically the only thing I've scheduled are the places where we are staying and a few train tickets on longer trips between cities.

A co-worker offered up their itinerary from their recent trip and it's like a nightmare come to life. Every hour is completely scheduled out including wake up times. There are also multiple cooking classes and other activities that sound like torture to me. It went directly into the trash can.

I just thought it was interesting how differently people approach vacations and probably life in general.

My parents are currently on Week 3 of their three month European adventure for their 50th anniversary. They planned it out so that they stay 3-5 days in a city (excepting for the 3 weeks I join them in Lyon for Rugby World Cup) and explore the area. They have a few must do items, like tomorrow they are taking the Glacier Express train from St. Mortiz to Zermatt at the base of the Matterhorn, but for the most part they are just exploring and having a blast.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 09:43 AM   #25815
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
My parents are currently on Week 3 of their three month European adventure for their 50th anniversary. They planned it out so that they stay 3-5 days in a city (excepting for the 3 weeks I join them in Lyon for Rugby World Cup) and explore the area. They have a few must do items, like tomorrow they are taking the Glacier Express train from St. Mortiz to Zermatt at the base of the Matterhorn, but for the most part they are just exploring and having a blast.
This is my dream.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:00 AM   #25816
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
My dad got one last lucrative consulting gig that allowed them to sock away a ton of money to be able to do this. Their original plan for a 50th anniversary trip was renting a canal boat in the UK for three weeks and touring that way.
Old 09-15-2023, 10:02 AM   #25817
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
Right? I'm trying to figure out this summer and my wife suggested a road trip down the California coast where we schedule different activities. That's not a vacation to me, that's work. Yes I want to see places, but I also want time to just shut my brain off and just see, not do.

I don't like the beach, or really the pool, or even sitting in the sun drinking an alcoholic drink... but just doing that at a nice Caribbean resort is 10x more enjoyable to me than a sight-seeing tour. And yeah, maybe I'll take a day or 2 to go see a village or zip lining, but at my age I just need time to decompress.

Edit: Oh, and congrats on your anniversary.

Thanks, it's a real testament to her lowered expectations and getting trapped in the marriage by kids.

@Cartman -that's our plan in a miniature version. A couple of days in Rome, then down to Sorrento, up to Lake Como, over to Venice and then back to Rome. Have a great trip to Lyon.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2023, 10:09 AM   #25818
cartman
Death Herald

Nice! Sounds like a great trip. When I lived in Milan, I loved going to the Lake Como area, it is so beautiful
Old 09-16-2023, 10:42 AM   #25819
GrantDawg

It is rare I see a commercial that makes me want something, but I just saw a commervial that makes me really want an e-bike. Those look fun.
Old 09-16-2023, 09:20 PM   #25820
Edward64
Head Coach

National Cheeseburger Day next week.

Google on specials.
Old 09-19-2023, 12:30 PM   #25821
Edward64
Head Coach

Our Samsung top-loader washer had "unbalanced" issues and not able to complete the spin cycle when we washed towels & heavy stuff. Could see the barrel "thunking" from side to side.

Googled some YT, ordered some pieces, then took top and back off, and replaced the 4 suspension rods in the washer.

So what would have a been a fairly expensive service call (out of warranty) took us about 1.5 hours to fix. Works great now.
Old 09-19-2023, 01:02 PM   #25822
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

YouTube has saved me thousands.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 01:29 PM   #25823
molson
General Manager

I wish I had the aptitude for that. I'd order the wrong parts, break something else trying to find the thing to open up, end up spending more than I would have if I just called someone to begin with. And I have some kind of defect in my brain about visual learning, someone showing me something just isn't going to click.

Except toilets. I can fix a toilet.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 01:35 PM   #25824
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I wish I had the aptitude for that. I'd order the wrong parts, break something else trying to find the thing to open up, end up spending more than I would have if I just called someone to begin with. And I have some kind of defect in my brain about visual learning, someone showing me something just isn't going to click.

Except toilets. I can fix a toilet.
How soon can you get to my house?
No, our toilet problems are septic. Trying to get someone to help me with it has been harder than I expected. I imagine it is a hard job to higher workers,
Old 09-19-2023, 07:18 PM   #25825
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

The fact that Ticketmaster is allowed to sell tickets and also sell them on the resale market, and there's nothing we can do about it, is legitimately insane. It would be like if Nintendo sold a new Mario game, but only about 50% to the public at $70 and then "sold" 50% to their own reseller and then charged $500 a copy on their reseller market.
Old 09-19-2023, 07:26 PM   #25826
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The fact that Ticketmaster is allowed to sell tickets and also sell them on the resale market, and there's nothing we can do about it, is legitimately insane. It would be like if Nintendo sold a new Mario game, but only about 50% to the public at $70 and then "sold" 50% to their own reseller and then charged $500 a copy on their reseller market.

But presumably there's a middle man in between (minus directed sales, presales, etc) ... your description would require them to control the buyer that put them onto resale

People want to stop the madness, stop buying tickets until it ends ... but clearly there's an insufficent number who care/mind.

Hell, there's people paying $80 in northeast Georgia for the very back row to see Trace Adkins (or JoDee Messina, two separate shows).

I like Trace better than most country acts, but he's a $25 ticket tops. They're selling out at $80-$125. So obviously there's not a shortage of people with more money than sense
Old 09-19-2023, 07:29 PM   #25827
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I am absolutely certain Ticketmaster is the middle- man in 90% of the resales on their site.
Old 09-19-2023, 09:02 PM   #25828
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Wrestling shows is where I really see this. The reports show that only 50-75% of tickets are sold, but you can’t buy anything but 3-4x over retail 2nd hand seats on Ticketmaster. Someone really should look into it.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 08:27 AM   #25829
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Wrestling shows is where I really see this. The reports show that only 50-75% of tickets are sold, but you can’t buy anything but 3-4x over retail 2nd hand seats on Ticketmaster. Someone really should look into it.

If you mean the dirt sheet reports, that 50-75% is because a lot of shows are heavily papered to fill the house, plus all the comps to sponsors, guests, etc.
Old 09-21-2023, 09:37 AM   #25830
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I think my dog is left-pawed.

Didn't notice until the other day, but we have a little rubber pineapple we put cheerios in. To get them out he kicks the pineapple around the room until the shoot out.

Watching him, 99% of the time he spins it with his left front paw. Once in a blue moon hell try with the right, but nearly always with the left.

No idea what to do with this information but even after watching my wife refuses to believe.
Old 09-21-2023, 09:47 AM   #25831
Kodos
Resident Alien

He's a southpaw. Like Rocky.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 12:24 PM   #25832
cuervo72
Head Coach

Fran Drescher: still yes.
Old 09-21-2023, 08:39 PM   #25833
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

I let my 14 year old daughter play her music on the drive home from swim practice. I was all set to zone out, but then Ying Yang Twins "Say I Yi Yi" came on her playlist.

I wanted to be taken aback because she's 14... but I was actually kinda proud that my musical influence has rubbed off on her.

Then In da Club came on and I felt like I've done good.
Old 09-21-2023, 09:49 PM   #25834
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Fran Drescher: still yes.

sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 08:22 AM   #25835
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I think the BBC is getting lazy in editing their headlines.

Police find drugs in trapdoor at fentanyl daycare

Maybe I'm missing something but I mean of course you're going to find drugs at a fentanyl daycare. Why else would I go to a fentanyl daycare?
Old 09-22-2023, 02:20 PM   #25836
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

As a result of my dad's accident (which I haven't updated lately in the Mental Health thread, but is not going as well as we had hoped at this point), I've taken over my parent's financial accounts to pay bills and look for anything out of the ordinary, etc. As part of that, I have access to his emails since so many bills come in through email and it's easier than my mom forwarding dozens of emails to me daily and asking, "Do you need this?". No, mom, I'm pretty sure the Kroger ad email is fine where you found it.

Anyway, the amount of political garbage he subscribes to is just ... depressing. This isn't even a one side or the other thing - the fact that a 75 year old man allows himself to be consumed by politics to this degree is really disturbing. I'd rather he become a master champion at solitaire or sudoku or something. At least that works your brain, not rots it.

This whole situation is just so bad. If I get the strength to force myself to relive it to type it all out in some sort of cathartic exorcism, it'll be in the Mental Health thread. I've always dealt with adversity of all kinds with music. Let's just say I've been listening to more than my fair share of black and death metal the past month and even that isn't touching the blackest core of my soul right now.

I also deal with stress with comedy, so I've made plenty of inappropriate jokes about this whole situation, and sometimes I even manage to keep them in my head (you know, the inner monologue thing).
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 05:11 PM   #25837
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
As a result of my dad's accident (which I haven't updated lately in the Mental Health thread, but is not going as well as we had hoped at this point), I've taken over my parent's financial accounts to pay bills and look for anything out of the ordinary, etc. As part of that, I have access to his emails since so many bills come in through email and it's easier than my mom forwarding dozens of emails to me daily and asking, "Do you need this?". No, mom, I'm pretty sure the Kroger ad email is fine where you found it.

Anyway, the amount of political garbage he subscribes to is just ... depressing. This isn't even a one side or the other thing - the fact that a 75 year old man allows himself to be consumed by politics to this degree is really disturbing. I'd rather he become a master champion at solitaire or sudoku or something. At least that works your brain, not rots it.

This whole situation is just so bad. If I get the strength to force myself to relive it to type it all out in some sort of cathartic exorcism, it'll be in the Mental Health thread. I've always dealt with adversity of all kinds with music. Let's just say I've been listening to more than my fair share of black and death metal the past month and even that isn't touching the blackest core of my soul right now.

I also deal with stress with comedy, so I've made plenty of inappropriate jokes about this whole situation, and sometimes I even manage to keep them in my head (you know, the inner monologue thing).

I fear it is a thing that just happens with certain elderly people. I mean that literally. I actually fear that as I get consumed in that way. My mother and I are mostly on the same side of most political issues and even then I have to tell her that I have had my fill for the day/week/year. I am also handling the bill paying and thus have access to her email as well. Yes, it is filled with all of the toxicity that you are probably seeing. Any question as to why she is so consumed is answered with a need to remain informed. I don't really have a counter to be honest. The one saving grace is she is still willing to listen and accept when I tell her something she read or heard is factually untrue. She is definitely moved into "the other side is trying to do harm to my grandchildren/grand nieces and nephews so they are the ultimate enemy" phase of her life. I
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 06:16 PM   #25838
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'll just toss in here something that, based on personal observation over a number of years, I'll swear is even worse than those emails: 24 hour news channels.

See, just because a news channel (pick your flavor, it doesn't matter at all afaic) is ON 24 hours a day doesn't mean anyone is meant to consume it 24 hours a day.

Take an elderly person living alone that keeps a TV on for noise pretty much 24/7, throw in serious hearing impairment, and compound it with the fact they sleep in front of said TV.

What gets misheard, misunderstood, or mixed into a combination of reality + dreamstate can become VERY difficult to manage.

And unlike miamifan above, putting an inability to accept any sort of factual correction (since "they heard it on TV so it must be right") is just a shiny cherry atop that shit sundae.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 09-22-2023 at 07:04 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 07:00 PM   #25839
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Ironic that a generation that thought violent video games and D&D would ruin our perception of the world allowed themselves to have their worldview shaped by misinformation on social media and cable TV and AM radio.
Old 09-22-2023, 07:11 PM   #25840
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Being 'informed' was a big deal to the boomers, it was practically an indicator of intelligence for that generation.'The News' was considered to be relatively monolithic & consistent, regardless of where it came from, and misinformation was typically thought to be the result of watching too little news. As Jon alludes to that change started well over 30 years ago, but the elder generations' habits and expectations didn't evolve/devolve along with it.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 08:07 PM   #25841
Ksyrup

Quote:
I'll just toss in here something that, based on personal observation over a number of years, I'll swear is even worse than those emails: 24 hour news channels.

See, just because a news channel (pick your flavor, it doesn't matter at all afaic) is ON 24 hours a day doesn't mean anyone is meant to consume it 24 hours a day.

Take an elderly person living alone that keeps a TV on for noise pretty much 24/7, throw in serious hearing impairment, and compound it with the fact they sleep in front of said TV.

What gets misheard, misunderstood, or mixed into a combination of reality + dreamstate can become VERY difficult to manage.

And unlike miamifan above, putting an inability to accept any sort of factual correction (since "they heard it on TV so it must be right") is just a shiny cherry atop that shit sundae.

Totally. We go over to my in-laws and a political channel is on at 2pm on a Saturday afternoon. And I'm like, man, I can't believe anyone watches this kind of stuff on a weekend afternoon. They should be running infomercials or something. NOBODY needs politics 24/7.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 09-22-2023, 09:10 PM   #25842
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:

+10000!

To up the ante even more, substitute Youtube channels for the news channels.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 09-23-2023, 06:56 AM   #25843
Edward64
Head Coach

I find myself typing 1 space after a period nowadays.

Hard to change old habits.
Old 09-25-2023, 10:40 AM   #25844
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

Had someone knock on my door with a scam I didn't understand completely. They said with recent storms they wanted to come on my roof in a day or 2 because they work with insurance companies. They aren't roofers and don't work on roofs. They DID ask if we would be home the next couple of days so they could inspect the roof.

Given they aren't roofers, I have to assume they're just trying to find people to rob? Or make some weird insurance claim where they "fall" off the roof? Or just make a quick hundred or so by saying there's something wrong, then you contact the insurance and insurance says fuck off it's fine?

If they were scammy roofers I get it, damage the roof a bit while you look around, do shitty work and charge insurance a shitload for it.

Edit: also, it hasn't rained with any real force for about 3 weeks.

Last edited by Ghost Econ : 09-25-2023 at 10:41 AM.
Old 09-25-2023, 11:23 AM   #25845
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quick and easy way to figure out who will be on vacation I’d imagine, looking for the little old lady who will offer up that she’s going to a vacation home or to family.

The other two make less sense… workers comp claims only work if you have a company who pays for a policy and are notoriously difficult to defraud, and it seems like there’s a lot easier ways to do the “money up front” scam without going door to door and showing your face.
Old 09-25-2023, 11:37 AM   #25846
stevew
Hall Of Famer

They’re probably the wet bandits.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 11:40 AM   #25847
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
They’re probably the wet bandits.

Wet bandits is so Home Alone 1. Marv changed it up to Sticky Bandits after they got out of prison.
sovereignstar v2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 11:41 AM   #25848
stevew
Hall Of Famer

In between easy Kia/Hyundai boosting and Can-Bus attacks/ I’m convinced one of my cars will be stolen in the next couple years.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 12:04 PM   #25849
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Had someone knock on my door with a scam I didn't understand completely. They said with recent storms they wanted to come on my roof in a day or 2 because they work with insurance companies. They aren't roofers and don't work on roofs. They DID ask if we would be home the next couple of days so they could inspect the roof.

Given they aren't roofers, I have to assume they're just trying to find people to rob? Or make some weird insurance claim where they "fall" off the roof? Or just make a quick hundred or so by saying there's something wrong, then you contact the insurance and insurance says fuck off it's fine?

If they were scammy roofers I get it, damage the roof a bit while you look around, do shitty work and charge insurance a shitload for it.

Edit: also, it hasn't rained with any real force for about 3 weeks.

Ahh one of my favorite subjects

I would lean to this being an insurance scam. Unless you have had your roof less than say seven years or so, you are probably going to have some loose tiles or shingles, broken tiles or shingles or other minor damage. Roofs at least here in Florida are supposed to last anywhere from 15-20 years. So here is the short version of the scam.

The guys knocking on doors are not roofers but they probably work for or are third party associated with a roofing company who have trained them on what a damaged roof looks like. They offer you a free roof inspection. They climb on the roof and identify (create?) any damage areas of the roof. If the roof is sufficiently damaged, they will let you know that you could get a brand roof with your insurance company covering all of the cost minus your deductible. I have posted watching this play out with a neighbor. The roof "inspector" tied the roof damage to a storm at least 4 months prior to the day of inspection and well out of hurricane season. To cut to the chase, he paid $1,000 for a new roof.

Stuff like this is why Florida has the highest insurance costs in the nation tripling any other state.
Old 09-25-2023, 01:43 PM   #25850
Ksyrup

This is NFL-related but really more of a random thought. This hit me after I turned on SNF and unfortunately caught the Carrie Underwood intro.

You know why I hate that song so much? It's because the entire premise of the song is completely wrong. The only people "waiting all day for Sunday night" are the fans of the teams playing that night. Most football fans have spent the better part of the last 7 hours watching NFL games. Most weeks, we don't even think about who's playing SNF until about 7:45. And frankly, when 8:15 rolls around, what SNF reminds me is that I have to be up for work in about 9-10 hours. I most certainly have not been "waiting all day" for a reminder that a new work week will begin in 12 hours.

Now, this song is a much better fit for MNF. At the end of a Monday, plenty of football fans have been looking forward to one (or two) games to extend their football long weekend. But Sunday night? That song should be banned.

*end of rant*