Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-22-2006, 11:29 AM   #2651
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure how I want to play the lynch today, but I'll be thiunking.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:30 AM   #2652
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I say lynch chubby

I still don't understand the mechanic of how swaggs' ability works.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:10 PM   #2653
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

With just 6 players remaining, everyone with night actions available tonight has been PM'd. Basically if everyone gets in PMs early tonight, I'll process the night actions early. With only a few players left, would like to move the last few days of the game in places where we can. If I don't get all night actions in, we'll keep going with the normal 9am monday morning deadline tonight.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 12:42 PM   #2654
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I say lynch chubby

I still don't understand the mechanic of how swaggs' ability works.

I don't really understand the dynamic of how most of the remaining players' abilities work. If I trusted more players, I might share the info, but this has been a tough game.

In fact, this is a game setup that I wouldn't mind playing again with a large group. I thought we had it wrapped up a few days ago, but it has been really challenging.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:51 PM   #2655
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Don't mind me.

I'm just the dead guy spying, and biting my tongue over here.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:19 PM   #2656
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Swaggs, I am not terrifically thrilled with spleen's lack of a role (other than mortician) nor have I been able to confirm through visits or analysis that he couldn't have done a murder here or there. The problem is, though, we have better candidates, and I am concerned that we might use your lynch ability on someone we can easily arrest, rather than someone who has proven difficult.

As I noted from my visit with spleen (the night the last cowboys' victim was shot, ntndeacon or bullet, I think, too lazy to look it up right now), he seemed hard at work and distracted when I showed up. It was pretty much right smack in the middle of night actions, because spleen wasn't around at all during the early times/wrapping up the day/walk home bit. Did I get anything in the PM saying he was here all night or he couldn't have gone out at all? No. But it sure felt like it.

As for bullet's gun, something has been troubling me. If the cowboy's knocked him out to steal his gun, why didn't they kill him? They waited until the next night. That doesn't make sense to me. If you have the ability to knock someone out to steal a possession and you know he is good and you are bad, why wouldn't you kill him? Something is funny there.

spleen is the next likely candidate after Chubby and Anxiety, and I will be jailing him tonight if things go as planned today. But if you use your lynch on spleen instead of Anxiety, that will completely waste our one ability to assure Anxiety gets the noose. Anxiety's ability could string this game along another few nights while we try to guess who he is disguised as. We can go get spleen at any time. So please use your lynch on Anxiety, and spleen will be in the pokey tonight.

And, of course, we must lynch Chubby.

Speaking of which...

Lynch Chubby

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #2657
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And Swaggs, we'll need your vote to lynch Chubby, too, so I hope you get back in time to put one in.

BTW, another thing to note is that Anxiety has consistently not been voted along with us in our actions the past few days, as if he is acknowledging he is not one of us. Which is why your vote is important. The voting block right now is you, me, spleen and Lathum. And spleen has been voting along with us the whole time.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-22-2006, 04:36 PM   #2658
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

With about 3 1/2 hours till deadline, current vote totals.

Sheriff election: (4 votes needed)

No current Sheriff votes

Lynch votes: (4 votes needed)

(0) Swaggs

(3) Chubby - Spleen (2647), Lathum (2652), Chief Rum (2656)

And as I mentioned earlier, if the game doesn't end at this lynch night actions will be processed once I get all actions or a PM saying no action from people.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:01 PM   #2659
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lynch Chubby

Old 10-22-2006, 07:37 PM   #2660
Swaggs
Coordinator

I don't think that Chubby is a cowboy.

Sorry.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:04 PM   #2661
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The first day with a new sheriff, its clear that the townspeople wanted justice for the non-action of their previous sheriff. Its clear that the villagers are scared and they need someone to make them feel safe at nights. Some people debate that Chubby couldn't be a cowboy, after all he arrested several of them before. The majority of the people in the town square wouldn't listen and ask what had he done for them lately?

In the end the people calling for vengence sound out the loudest. Chief Rum calls for the deputys to bring forth a rope. Without question they hang their sheriff from just a day before. Everyone watches him twitch, but finally it is clear that Chubby is dead.

"Was he one of them?" .. "Is he the last cowboy?" Questions murmur through the crowds. Feverishly the deputys search through his belongings but they can not find any red sash or indication that he was against the townsfolk. Chubby was indeed just a villager...

Sheriff election: (4 votes needed)

No current Sheriff votes

Lynch votes: (4 votes needed)

(0) Swaggs

(4) Chubby - Spleen (2647), Lathum (2652), Chief Rum (2656), Anxiety (2660)

We are into Night 12. Deadline for actions is Monday morning 9:00am EST. If I receive all of the actions (or PMs stating no action) early, I will process night actions early.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:47 PM   #2662
Swaggs
Coordinator

Chief, I suggest locking up Anxiety and Spleen and keeping me in jail.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:47 PM   #2663
Swaggs
Coordinator

Lathum, have you learned anything with your role?
Old 10-22-2006, 08:49 PM   #2664
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I don't think that Chubby is a cowboy.

Sorry.

Now that Chubby and I are both dead, I'll just say that I agree with this statement.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:57 PM   #2665
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

If there are two, then they are at five. Kill tonight - four - game over.

-Anxiety

Old 10-22-2006, 09:50 PM   #2666
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
If there are two, then they are at five. Kill tonight - four - game over.

-Anxiety

I don't think there is 2. I think there is one, you. Swaggs should be using his ability to get you.

I am troubled by why Swaggs hasn't used it yet. First, he misrepresented his role. Now, he doesn't use it when we've established there is a strong possibility of Anxiety being a cowboy.

Tomorrow, I will be voting to lynch Swaggs.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:37 PM   #2667
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Ladies and gentlemen - spleen is a cowboy.

If there were one cowboy, as he suggests, then I'd have been tired when we had double kills in back to back nights.

And I'm not a cowboy. Evidence:

I was plan B'ed by st cronin when he was discovered with his knife in the cookie jar.

My ability to escape is fun on an otherwise harmless villager but broken when combined with a werewolf.

No GM worth his salt would create a game where you had to be jailed in order to be lynched but then also able to dodge night attacks and jail cells with ease on a wolf.

-Anxiety

Old 10-22-2006, 11:18 PM   #2668
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Chief, I suggest locking up Anxiety and Spleen and keeping me in jail.

I won't announce what I sent in yet to Alan, as there has been no night actions run (I would guess someone who has a night action has not responded, unfortunately). And I can understand not believing Chubby was a cowboy. I didn't believe it for most of the game, and then what information I had made a case for him against my better judgment. I was fooled, and now he is dead.

I don't understand why you haven't used your ability yet, though. Are you kept from using it in jail? We have suspected Anxiety for some time, and have had trouble bringing him in, but you still don't lynch him, despite your stated ability to do so. Why is this?

I still believe there are two cowboys remaining.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:21 PM   #2669
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Ladies and gentlemen - spleen is a cowboy.

If there were one cowboy, as he suggests, then I'd have been tired when we had double kills in back to back nights.

And I'm not a cowboy. Evidence:

I was plan B'ed by st cronin when he was discovered with his knife in the cookie jar.

My ability to escape is fun on an otherwise harmless villager but broken when combined with a werewolf.

No GM worth his salt would create a game where you had to be jailed in order to be lynched but then also able to dodge night attacks and jail cells with ease on a wolf.

-Anxiety

If I was a cowboy and you weren't I would have killed you a long time ago, pretty soon after you revealed your ability.

Muddy the water however you like. If there are 2 left, I'm sure it is you an Swaggs. That would explain why he hasn't done anything with his ability when there is a huge cloud of suspicion hanging over you.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #2670
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I received all of the night actions. I'll process them all in about 15 min unless someone has a last minute change they want to send in pm.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:39 PM   #2671
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I won't announce what I sent in yet to Alan, as there has been no night actions run (I would guess someone who has a night action has not responded, unfortunately).

I had gotten all of the night actions in earlier, I wasn't on for a few hours though while I watched the World Series. Sorry for the hour or two delay
Old 10-22-2006, 11:48 PM   #2672
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

With the death of another villager, the mood in the town is rather gloomy. The town is starting to look like a ghosttown, the days of prosperity and the talk of being a boomtown are long gone. Those that are still here head to the local saloon for dinner. There is very little conversation these days and most people just finish eating and then head home for the evening.

You get a good night rest yourself, well as good a night sleep as imaginable with the threat of the cowboys in the air. When you wake up however, once again there was no talk of any deaths at night. What could they possibly be up to?

Tired players:

Current Sheriff:
Chief Rum

Currently in Jail:
Swaggs
Spleen

Deadline for Day13: 9:00pm EST Monday night. Your current sheriff is still alive, so a new sheriff is not needed. If you wish to elect a new sheriff, please do so by posting:

elect playername

Sheriff election is not mandatory as not voting confirms your desire to keep the current sheriff. For a new sheriff to be elected, they must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople vote. (3 votes)

There are two valid players for lynch votes today: Swaggs and Spleen. If you do not post any lynch vote, it is assumed you wish to not lynch them. To lynch players please post as:

Lynch playername.

To lynch multiple players, please post:

Lynch playername
Lynch playername2

In order to lynch a player you must receive more than 50% of the alive townspeople's vote. (3 votes)
Old 10-22-2006, 11:52 PM   #2673
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The deadline for today's lynch and sheriff votes is 9pm EST. We can move this up however if everyone wants to. If people want the entire time for debating or trying to prove innocence or guilt, its fine 9pm still will stand.

Old 10-22-2006, 11:54 PM   #2674
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I attempted to arrest Anxiety, and what a shock, he disguised himself as someone else (Lathum). spleen had no gun and went quietly, although he was shocked to be arrested.

Swaggs, ball is in your cart.

Old 10-23-2006, 12:52 AM   #2675
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I don't think there is 2. I think there is one, you. Swaggs should be using his ability to get you.

I am troubled by why Swaggs hasn't used it yet. First, he misrepresented his role. Now, he doesn't use it when we've established there is a strong possibility of Anxiety being a cowboy.

Tomorrow, I will be voting to lynch Swaggs.

To me, this adds to my confusion of you.

I am clearly the only one who didn't vote to lynch innocent Chubby today. I have been in jail while the murders have been going on, and yet you continue to try to prosecute me.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:56 AM   #2676
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lynch Spleen

Old 10-23-2006, 01:05 AM   #2677
Swaggs
Coordinator

I am really at a loss here. I have not used my remaining power because I really don't have a strong, safe feeling between anyone but Chief Rum (and even that is fading, sorry to say). If I would have used it today, it would have been on Spleen because I thought he was lying about bullet's gun.

Let's examine the issue of bullet's gun again:
  • We know that bullet said it was stolen.
  • We know that bullet was a villager upon his death.
  • We know that Spleen did not have a gun upon his arrest tonight.
  • We know that I am the mayor because of my proven abilities to switch lynches.
  • We know that I did not have a gun upon my arrest tonight.
  • We know that Chief Rum is the prostitute because other have vouched that he has visited them in the night.
  • We know that ntndeacon, who was alive at the time, was the priest, as he visited some of us. He was also a villager upon death.

This leaves Anxiety and Lathum as the only possible suspects to have stolen bullet's gun.
  • Anxiety claims he is the actor.
  • Lathum claims he is the pony express rider.

One of these people has established their role much better than the other, in my opinion.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:16 AM   #2678
Swaggs
Coordinator

In order to win this game, I am going to take the assumption (which I feel is a pretty safe bet) that Chief Rum is still a good guy. Chief, you will have to assume that I am, as well (which I think is a safe bet for all of us).

Right now, I feel like Chief, Spleen, and I can be trusted.

I think we need to not lynch Spleen at this point. If he does not have bullet's gun, my trust of him increases quite a bit. My greatest suspicion falls on Lathum right now. I think he is the one player that has lied about his role and I have also noticed him to be tired at points in the game. I am going to go back and search and see what he has claimed with regards to him being the pony express rider.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:17 AM   #2679
Swaggs
Coordinator

Abe, what are your thoughts right now?
Old 10-23-2006, 01:22 AM   #2680
Swaggs
Coordinator

Lathum was definitely leaning on Chubby the last day or so.... Interesting:

Quote:
damn, bullet was killed with his own gun...

unless chubby shot him

Quote:
chiefrum, great work. the only place i kind of disagree with you on is if anxiety is a cowboy and there are more then one cowboys left I think that makes chubby look guilty for not arresting him when anxiety clearly said to. Does anyone else not see that connection?

Quote:
chief, i agree totally with you. I would really like to understand how swaggs' ability works?

and chief, if you release me or swaggs it means you can only jail one person, I suggest chubby, he will probably be eaiser to find

Quote:
well who could have knockrd bullet out?

I already have a gun
Swaggs was arrested-chubby, did he have a gun?
i think chubby needs to arrest anxiety and see if he has a gun. Is it possible anxiety wanted to impersonate bullet so he knocked him out and took his gun as a prop?
Old 10-23-2006, 01:25 AM   #2681
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, guys. I have given myself a brain cramp trying to figure out our next step and what we must do. This is likely to be a bit radical, but hear me out.

There is a way, right now, that the villagers can assure victory, but all villagers must do this or it won't work. I will explain shortly what this is.

And ask yourselves: if you are a villager, you die in the game, but the villagers win, do you win, too? I am hoping you say yes, because more villagers may need to die to assure victory. What I am asking is, will you sacrifice yourself if you know a villager win is a certainty?

Now I have reviewed the rules, and they are standard WW rules. Villagers win when every cowboy is dead. Cowboys win when they are one-to-one ratio. No specification is made for in jail or out of jail. Two cowboys in jail, two villagers out, cowboys still win (somehow), get it?

That means we have at least three villagers left. We may even have four. But we can't assume that. We have to guess we have just three, and that means if one more villager dies, we lose!

In my thinking, I am assured of the following:

Lathum and I are townsfolk. We have shown this through and through. Lathum has shown by his actions and been in jail during key murders, so we know this to be the case. I have also made similar actions and I believe shown myself to be good townsfolk.

That leaves Anxiety, spleen and Swaggs in doubt. I normally wouldn't include Swaggs, but his continuing lack of action on the lynch front throws everything into an uproar. I can no longer trust that Swaggs is a villager, even if I admit there seems to be as much evidence he is that I am or Lathum is.

Outside of jail, we have at least a two-to-one town to cowboy mix. Lathum and I outnumber Anxiety (if he is a cowboy), so we can't lose in that ratio. That means we can eliminate those in jail without being concerned about losing as a result.

So here is my radical proposal. We must lynch both spleen and Swaggs tomorrow. And we will likely need either spleen's or Swagg's help to do this. Lathum and I are two votes. We will need three to pull this off, and his recent vote for spleen notwithstanding, I certainly can't count on Anxiety right now.

This is where the sacrifice comes from. We can't have just spleen or just Swaggs swing tomorrow, because if the wrong one swings, it's one-to-one and we lose. We need both of you to swing. Now, if you're both villagers, we will be safe because Lathum and I outnumber Anxiety. If you are both cowboys, no problem, because Anxiety will vote with Lathum and myself, and the game will end when you both die. The concern is if (as is likely) one of you is a cowboy and the other is a villager. If you are a villager in jail now, you should realize that both of you need to die to confirm a villager victory. That means you need to vote for both you and your companion in jail. Yes, you must vote for yourself, because if your companion in jail is a cowboy, you can't count on him voting for himself, just you.

So, spleen, if you're a villager, please vote for yourself and Swaggs to be lynched.

And, Swaggs, if you're a villager, please vote for yourself and spleen to be lynched (and it would help end things sooner if you made Anxiety join you on the gallows).

If Lathum and I both vote this way (and I know I will), and the villager among you also do this, both of you will swing tomorrow, but a villager win is pretty much a certainty.

This is in our control, guys. Let's make this happen.

Lynch spleen
Lynch Swaggs

For most of this game, I never thought I would have to type those lynch commands out for either of these players.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:26 AM   #2682
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

If you'll recall Ive been on Lathum for a while - that's my thoughts.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:33 AM   #2683
Swaggs
Coordinator

I had forgotten about this, so now I am at a loss:

Quote:
OK, I guess it is time to reveal since I am tired today. I thihk we may be close to endgame. I know for a FACT barkeep is a cowboy. My role is the pony express rider. Basicly I have the ability to here snippets of PM's when I deliver the mail to them. The first night I was "delivering" a message to anxiety, but since it was CR who answered the door I was forced to leave. After that I was jailed and said my ability was a "single use only" I lied about that because I didn't want to be shot in my sleep. From then I toed the line so the cowboys would keep me around since I got some heat.

2 nights ago I decided to look into hoops message, he was sending it to BK but BK was in jail so my PM stated I was to hold onto the message until BK was released. Once hoops was executed I was sent a PM saying I could read the letter since hoops was dead. Reading the letter was considered a night action which is why I am tired today. the PM said something along the lines of " there is no way we can win without a conversion"

I swear I am telling the truth, lynch BK tonight, if he is a villegar then kill me, I deserve it. And btw, I carry a gun because I have some hazards on my job as you can imagine.

I can't get my mind to accept that Anxiety would have the ability to avoid being arrested AND to pickpocket, so I am not sure what to think now. Is it possible that Spleen could have passed the gun to someone else?

Either Spleen or Lathum must be the pickpocket, in my opinion. Spleen did not have a gun when he got arrested and Lathum already had a gun, so I'm not sure what dynamic that would have added.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:37 AM   #2684
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
All right, guys. I have given myself a brain cramp trying to figure out our next step and what we must do. This is likely to be a bit radical, but hear me out.

There is a way, right now, that the villagers can assure victory, but all villagers must do this or it won't work. I will explain shortly what this is.

And ask yourselves: if you are a villager, you die in the game, but the villagers win, do you win, too? I am hoping you say yes, because more villagers may need to die to assure victory. What I am asking is, will you sacrifice yourself if you know a villager win is a certainty?

Now I have reviewed the rules, and they are standard WW rules. Villagers win when every cowboy is dead. Cowboys win when they are one-to-one ratio. No specification is made for in jail or out of jail. Two cowboys in jail, two villagers out, cowboys still win (somehow), get it?

That means we have at least three villagers left. We may even have four. But we can't assume that. We have to guess we have just three, and that means if one more villager dies, we lose!

In my thinking, I am assured of the following:

Lathum and I are townsfolk. We have shown this through and through. Lathum has shown by his actions and been in jail during key murders, so we know this to be the case. I have also made similar actions and I believe shown myself to be good townsfolk.

That leaves Anxiety, spleen and Swaggs in doubt. I normally wouldn't include Swaggs, but his continuing lack of action on the lynch front throws everything into an uproar. I can no longer trust that Swaggs is a villager, even if I admit there seems to be as much evidence he is that I am or Lathum is.

Outside of jail, we have at least a two-to-one town to cowboy mix. Lathum and I outnumber Anxiety (if he is a cowboy), so we can't lose in that ratio. That means we can eliminate those in jail without being concerned about losing as a result.

So here is my radical proposal. We must lynch both spleen and Swaggs tomorrow. And we will likely need either spleen's or Swagg's help to do this. Lathum and I are two votes. We will need three to pull this off, and his recent vote for spleen notwithstanding, I certainly can't count on Anxiety right now.

This is where the sacrifice comes from. We can't have just spleen or just Swaggs swing tomorrow, because if the wrong one swings, it's one-to-one and we lose. We need both of you to swing. Now, if you're both villagers, we will be safe because Lathum and I outnumber Anxiety. If you are both cowboys, no problem, because Anxiety will vote with Lathum and myself, and the game will end when you both die. The concern is if (as is likely) one of you is a cowboy and the other is a villager. If you are a villager in jail now, you should realize that both of you need to die to confirm a villager victory. That means you need to vote for both you and your companion in jail. Yes, you must vote for yourself, because if your companion in jail is a cowboy, you can't count on him voting for himself, just you.

So, spleen, if you're a villager, please vote for yourself and Swaggs to be lynched.

And, Swaggs, if you're a villager, please vote for yourself and spleen to be lynched (and it would help end things sooner if you made Anxiety join you on the gallows).

If Lathum and I both vote this way (and I know I will), and the villager among you also do this, both of you will swing tomorrow, but a villager win is pretty much a certainty.

This is in our control, guys. Let's make this happen.

Lynch spleen
Lynch Swaggs

For most of this game, I never thought I would have to type those lynch commands out for either of these players.

Sounds like a brilliant plan. Unless you are wrong and Lathum or Anxiety are the one remaining Cowboy and you get both of us killed and they complete their lynch the following night to win the game.

Come on now, Chief. I held out and didn't vote for Chubby, even though I would have looked like crap if he had been the last cowboy. There was a murder while I was locked up two nights ago, so clearly one of you, Spleen, Anxiety, or Lathum (although he may have been locked up, as well, now that I think about it) is a cowboy.

Think this through a little bit and you will realize it is a bad idea.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:38 AM   #2685
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
If you'll recall Ive been on Lathum for a while - that's my thoughts.

So you think he is the last remaining Cowboy or what? You have played very close to the vest this game.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:48 AM   #2686
Swaggs
Coordinator

Everyone should be clear that someone other than Lathum and/or I is a Cowboy.

On successive nights:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Most of the town goes to the local saloon for dinner after the day's lynch. The tone of the town seems a bit different than before however. Most people talk quietly and many appear that they just are trying to not draw any attention. Any person next to you might be a cowboy, is it safe here? Is it safe anywhere?

As most of you turn in to sleep for the night, you wake up fully rested in the morning in a good mood. The good mood does not stay for long however as word quickly gets around that there was another death. Ntndeacon was found dead last night! Who will pay for this act?

Tired players:
None

Current Sheriff:
Chubby

Currently in Jail:
Swaggs
Lathum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
With no lynch occuring yesterday, some of the town head to the saloon for dinner, but many head straight home and lock themselves up inside feeling unsafe. For the first time since this boomtown started you actually see some of the villagers packing up their wagons to leave for good.

Despite the fear running through the town, most of you are able to get a good night's sleep... most except for Bulletsponge whom was found dead this morning in his bed. Unfortunatly it was not the liquor that got him this time.

Tired players:
Chief Rum

Current Sheriff:
Chubby

Currently in Jail:
Swaggs
Lathum

Now, I know for a fact that Lathum or I could have killed ntndeacon, because ntndeacon visited me the night he was killed. He was found just outside my house, in fact and Chubby arrested me shortly afterwards. Lathum was arrested later that night.

So, even if you believe that Lathum and/or I am the cowboy, someone else had to kill bullet the following night, while we were both in jail.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:50 AM   #2687
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Lathum was in jail for bullet's death and being arrested on the night of ntn's death (as were you that night). Unless you believe Lathum slit ntn's throat before being arrested and somehow Chubby didn't come upon this, then the killer had to be Anxiety, spleen or myself. And I assure you, as much as you assure me about yourself, that I am not ntn's killer (or anyone's).

I do believe you are a villager, Swaggs, but your insistence on not moving on Anxiety has petrified things.

I believe Anxiety and Lathum are not on the same team. Will you agree with me on that? They have been accusing each other a lot lately, after early on actually being linked with each other based on Lathum visiting Anxiety.

If they are not on the same time, we can lynch both you and spleen with relative impunity. That clears the jail, which I would then fill with Lathum and Anxiety (if the game doesn't end). The following day, I and the villager remaining (whether it's Lathum or Anxiety) will vote to lynch the whole jail (both themselves and their companion). Both will swing, and the villagers will win--because I will be the only player left in the town.

I am talking about plans that would basically force a villager win, but require some people to practically commit suicide. You are talking about ways that may still produce a villager win and save villager lives, but also gives the cowboys openings for us to lynch the wrong people and even out the ratio.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:50 AM   #2688
Swaggs
Coordinator

Now that I think about it, it is really not safe to assume that Chief is safe.

He was tired the second night.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:54 AM   #2689
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Everyone should be clear that someone other than Lathum and/or I is a Cowboy.

On successive nights:

Now, I know for a fact that Lathum or I could have killed ntndeacon, because ntndeacon visited me the night he was killed. He was found just outside my house, in fact and Chubby arrested me shortly afterwards. Lathum was arrested later that night.

So, even if you believe that Lathum and/or I am the cowboy, someone else had to kill bullet the following night, while we were both in jail.

Exactly, thus my focus on Anxiety, and my belief Lathum is relatively cleared. spleen did not have a gun. Anxiety has suggested he might or might not, and we have had no clear way of proving it one way or another.

So unless you believe I killed bullet, or that spleen somehow got rid of the gun before he was arrested, it has to be Anxiety. Which is why I have been asking you to aid us in putting his head in the noose.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:54 AM   #2690
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Lathum was in jail for bullet's death and being arrested on the night of ntn's death (as were you that night). Unless you believe Lathum slit ntn's throat before being arrested and somehow Chubby didn't come upon this, then the killer had to be Anxiety, spleen or myself. And I assure you, as much as you assure me about yourself, that I am not ntn's killer (or anyone's).

I can assure you that Lathum or I were not arrested until after ntndeacon's death. My PM from that night establishes that fact. Chubby could have verfied that, but unfortunately, he is no longer here to give us his information OR serve as the Pinkerton detective.

You have lost my confidence as the sheriff.

It is probably too late for me to do anything much in this game, but:

Elect Swaggs
Old 10-23-2006, 01:55 AM   #2691
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Now that I think about it, it is really not safe to assume that Chief is safe.

He was tired the second night.

Yes, I have been making visits (with amazing unsuccess) on most nights since I was outed as the brothel girl.

Old 10-23-2006, 01:56 AM   #2692
Swaggs
Coordinator

You can rest assured that I will be putting someone's head in the noose tomorrow.

It will be either you, Anxiety, or Lathum.

Hopefully I hear some good alibis or information.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:57 AM   #2693
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Yes, I have been making visits (with amazing unsuccess) on most nights since I was outed as the brothel girl.

Have you been tired every other night since the beginning of the game?
Old 10-23-2006, 01:58 AM   #2694
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can assure you that Lathum or I were not arrested until after ntndeacon's death. My PM from that night establishes that fact. Chubby could have verfied that, but unfortunately, he is no longer here to give us his information OR serve as the Pinkerton detective.

You have lost my confidence as the sheriff.

It is probably too late for me to do anything much in this game, but:

Elect Swaggs

If you are a villager, I don't mind you as sheriff. The problem is, I am no longer certain you are a villager.

I don't recall anyone ever stating that ntn's death was for certain before the arrests. This is the first I have heard of this. Did I just miss it, or are you for some reason bringing this up only now? That is critical evidence, IMO.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:01 AM   #2695
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Have you been tired every other night since the beginning of the game?

Every other night? No, it hasn't been so consistent. Before I came out as the brothel girl, I was careful to only go on alternate nights, so I wouldn't show up as tired. After I was put in jail and revealed my role, it was no longer necessary to do this, so I picked likely suspects in an attempt to ferret out their allegiance or some kind of information I could use. You will see after I leave jail, I am fairly often tired.

Old 10-23-2006, 02:03 AM   #2696
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
If you are a villager, I don't mind you as sheriff. The problem is, I am no longer certain you are a villager.

I don't recall anyone ever stating that ntn's death was for certain before the arrests. This is the first I have heard of this. Did I just miss it, or are you for some reason bringing this up only now? That is critical evidence, IMO.

It is new information that I am just now releasing because I thought it could be damning later on if someone slipped up.

Lathum, if he is honest, should be able to confirm it from his PM on 9/20/06. Chubby would have also been able to confirm it. Who did you spend the night with that night?
Old 10-23-2006, 02:05 AM   #2697
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You can rest assured that I will be putting someone's head in the noose tomorrow.

It will be either you, Anxiety, or Lathum.

Hopefully I hear some good alibis or information.

I will hope you will consider carefully the three people here you are considering. I have no problem with you suspecting me, because I have had to play an under the table sort of game at points, because of my role. I wouldn't expect to be 100% cleared.

Still, don't outthink yourself and focus too much on me when compared to these other two. I don't need to convince you on Lathum. You yourself have brought up questions about him. And there's a ton of doubt about Anxiety.

You would choose to lynch me over these other two? The evidence just doesn't support that, but if that's what you choose to do, then do it, and I only hope there is one cowboy left and not two (my death gives two cowboys a victory).

Old 10-23-2006, 02:14 AM   #2698
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It is new information that I am just now releasing because I thought it could be damning later on if someone slipped up.

Lathum, if he is honest, should be able to confirm it from his PM on 9/20/06. Chubby would have also been able to confirm it. Who did you spend the night with that night?

If I tell you, I think you will lynch me. Maybe just saying so is enough. But you will be killing a villager if you kill me. I told you I had the play this under the table, and my action that night was for the ultimate purpose of defeating the cowboys. Just as you kept this information to yourself, so have I kept this to myself.

If I reveal this, will you listen to my story earnestly and without prejudice and not seek my lynch without considering all facts?

Old 10-23-2006, 02:16 AM   #2699
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I will hope you will consider carefully the three people here you are considering. I have no problem with you suspecting me, because I have had to play an under the table sort of game at points, because of my role. I wouldn't expect to be 100% cleared.

Still, don't outthink yourself and focus too much on me when compared to these other two. I don't need to convince you on Lathum. You yourself have brought up questions about him. And there's a ton of doubt about Anxiety.

You would choose to lynch me over these other two? The evidence just doesn't support that, but if that's what you choose to do, then do it, and I only hope there is one cowboy left and not two (my death gives two cowboys a victory).

The evidence is clear that there is a cowboy other than Lathum and/or myself. SOMEONE WAS KILLED WHILE WE WERE IN JAIL. I know, and there is so much evidence that supports me that I don't know what else to say about it, that I am innocent.

Unless you are 100% sure that Spleen is a Cowboy, lynching both of us loses the game for you (unless you are a Cowboy, which I still have a tough time believing).

It would leave you, Anxiety, and Lathum alive. The Cowboy among you three would end the game that night with a kill, unless two of you are Cowboys, in which case the game ends right there.

We are going to have to roll the dice in this game at some point, but I don't think lynching Spleen and I, together, is the smart move. I am probably going to vote to lynch Spleen and use my action and see what happens tomorrow.

Unless you can clear someone, and at the same time yourself, by being with them all night in the PM you got on 10/20/06, it is going to take luck.
Old 10-23-2006, 02:17 AM   #2700
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
If I tell you, I think you will lynch me. Maybe just saying so is enough. But you will be killing a villager if you kill me. I told you I had the play this under the table, and my action that night was for the ultimate purpose of defeating the cowboys. Just as you kept this information to yourself, so have I kept this to myself.

If I reveal this, will you listen to my story earnestly and without prejudice and not seek my lynch without considering all facts?

I can't see any good reason you would be holding this information back.