Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-01-2010, 05:03 PM   #2651
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Can you imagine howgood the prestige of the PAC would be with a school with the prestige of a Baylor or a Texas or an Oklahoma?

Umm ....
Old 04-01-2010, 05:19 PM   #2652
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Sorry, Bug, not sure I understand you here. Could you clarify?

Sarcasm
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:29 PM   #2653
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sarcasm

No, I mean, I literally couldn't make sense of your sentence, sarcasm or not. Are you saying, sarcastically, wow, imagine the prestige the PAC would have if it added such prestigeous schools as Baylor, Oklahoma and Texas?

Personally, I wouldn't shrug at any of those teams. Baylor would probably be an also-ran in the PAC (and especially if Drew left), but Oklahoma has a solid program, and Texas is one of the better programs in the NCAA. The Pac-10 is good--but it could still plenty use a program like Texas among its better teams, and Oklahoma wouldn't be turned away either (and that's basketball, I'm not even touching football).

If you're trying to scoff at Mizzou_BBall's fandom of the Big 12, you would probably be better off bringing up an Iowa State, Nebraska or a Colorado.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #2654
MrBug708
Head Coach

I edited a bit after I re-read it. I was typing from my phone while driving so it didn't come out as good as it I wanted it to, so for that I apologize.

The group of sentences was what I was trying to go for
Old 04-01-2010, 06:06 PM   #2655
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
The argument is whether or not Oregon is in a better hiring situation than Missouri and they are. That doesn't mean they'll get a better coach out of it though.

They're in a better position because they can hire questionable options that Mizzou didn't want to move on? Interesting tangent. Makes no sense, but interesting.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:08 PM   #2656
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I edited a bit after I re-read it. I was typing from my phone while driving so it didn't come out as good as it I wanted it to, so for that I apologize.

The group of sentences was what I was trying to go for

Usually a poor decision maker or just today?

Had a kid at my former fraternity killed by an idiot who had to text while driving. Might not want to make that mistake.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #2657
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Rumors on KU message boards that X. Henry will announce he's going pro very soon. No surprise, but looks like he'll make it official soon.
Old 04-01-2010, 06:29 PM   #2658
MrBug708
Head Coach

k
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Usually a poor decision maker or just today?

Had a kid at my former fraternity killed by an idiot who had to text while driving. Might not want to make that mistake.

I make it a habit of doing illegal things.

I appreciate your concern though, I suppose you don't speed either?
Old 04-01-2010, 07:08 PM   #2659
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
They're in a better position because they can hire questionable options that Mizzou didn't want to move on? Interesting tangent. Makes no sense, but interesting.
Hiring Huggins would've been questionable and made no sense? Only because of what Snyder had done - if Mizzou had been in a position where they could've afforded to weather criticism over hiring Huggins, they would've been better off. Huggins is a clearly superior coach to Anderson.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:30 PM   #2660
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Hiring Huggins would've been questionable and made no sense? Only because of what Snyder had done - if Mizzou had been in a position where they could've afforded to weather criticism over hiring Huggins, they would've been better off. Huggins is a clearly superior coach to Anderson.

But we don't have the option of considering that argument. Because we know that he wasn't an option and even if he had been hired, he would have left quickly for WVU and would have hurt the university overall.

The best thing for Mizzou was to have a coach bring respect and continuity back to Mizzou. Anderson has done both of those and given what was know now concerning Huggins, Anderson was clearly the best hire.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 04-01-2010 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:33 PM   #2661
Emmett13
Mascot

Quote:
k

I make it a habit of doing illegal things.

I appreciate your concern though, I suppose you don't speed either?

I Don't see how those are comparable.
Emmett13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #2662
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Which one isn't dangerous?
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:18 PM   #2663
Emmett13
Mascot

One is much more dangerous, and let's face it a big chunk of drivers are speeding all at the same time.

The other is diverting your attention away from what you should be doing.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #2664
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmett13 View Post
One is much more dangerous, and let's face it a big chunk of drivers are speeding all at the same time.

The other is diverting your attention away from what you should be doing.

The second part is correct. Unless your a master texter like me and can do it without look at your phone

But the first part... C'mon now.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:26 PM   #2665
Emmett13
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
The second part is correct. Unless your a master texter like me and can do it without look at your phone

But the first part... C'mon now.

You don't think a good percentage of drivers are going over the speed limit? Even if it's 5-10 miles an hour? And I think texting while driving, if you're looking down at your phone is much more dangerous than going over the speed limit. (Unless we're talking about going 90 in a 60 or something).

Last edited by Emmett13 : 04-01-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #2666
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I really don't know what percentage of drivers are, and wouldn't even hazard a guess.

I took the way you said it to mean that it's not as dangerous because if most people are speeding this it's kind of not speeding since they are all traveling the same general speed. Maybe I am putting words in your mouth.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:32 PM   #2667
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Wrong thread. Stupid argument on both MBBF and Mr. Bug's part. While MBBF may actually have personal experience with someone dying in a text-lated crash Mr. Bug's post was obviously went as nothing more than a humorous anecdote. MBBF decided to commit on this post to continue the fight. Mr. Bug should have just let it go. (It's the college thread and nobody listens to what MBBF says anyways). Let's not continue this nonsense with a side argument over texting vs. speeding. Start another thread if you wish to rehash this for the thousandth time.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:34 PM   #2668
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Good point. Kinda forgot what the original thread was which is always a bad thing.

Carry on.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:45 PM   #2669
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Wrong thread. Stupid argument on both MBBF and Mr. Bug's part. While MBBF may actually have personal experience with someone dying in a text-lated crash Mr. Bug's post was obviously went as nothing more than a humorous anecdote. MBBF decided to commit on this post to continue the fight. Mr. Bug should have just let it go. (It's the college thread and nobody listens to what MBBF says anyways). Let's not continue this nonsense with a side argument over texting vs. speeding. Start another thread if you wish to rehash this for the thousandth time.

You and I have a difference of opinion on what constitutes a humorous anecdote.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:07 PM   #2670
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
But we don't have the option of considering that argument. Because we know that he wasn't an option and even if he had been hired, he would have left quickly for WVU and would have hurt the university overall.

The best thing for Mizzou was to have a coach bring respect and continuity back to Mizzou. Anderson has done both of those and given what was know now concerning Huggins, Anderson was clearly the best hire.

Again, the argument is that Oregon is in a better place currently than Missouri was when they made their Mike Anderson hire. Not a year later when Huggins would leave for West Virginia. I honestly don't understand what is so hard to understand about this. Right now, Oregon can hire the best available option with no limitations...unlike Missouri when they were hiring Mike Anderson. Missouri wasn't allowed to hire the best coach available (Huggins) because of Quin's troubles in Columbia. Oregon doesn't have that problem hence why your suggestion that Missouri and Oregon were in similar hiring situations is incorrect. Oregon is better off.

And just a side note, but KSU doesn't seem to be hurting from Bob Huggins leaving. I don't know that Missouri would have made the same decision to promote Frank Martin or not, but it can be argued that KSU is in a better situation then Missouri is even with Bob Huggins leaving after one year. KSU will likely be the Big 12 favorite next season so long as everyone returns. Mike Anderson has done a great job at Missouri though and nobody can question that he wasn't a good hire thus far.

Last edited by the_meanstrosity : 04-01-2010 at 09:11 PM.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:16 PM   #2671
MrBug708
Head Coach

This. If Oregon hires say, Mark Turgeron, then they already were at a better place then most schools. Hell, they just fired a coach who had a winning record in the NCAA tournament and two Elite 8 appearances as part of his resume. That's as many as Norm Stewart went to in his whole career at missouri and he's considered a legend
Old 04-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #2672
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
This. If Oregon hires say, Mark Turgeron, then they already were at a better place then most schools. Hell, they just fired a coach who had a winning record in the NCAA tournament and two Elite 8 appearances as part of his resume. That's as many as Norm Stewart went to in his whole career at missouri and he's considered a legend

Mark Turgeon would be an excellent hire. As I'm sure I've said before I'd hate to lose Mark from the Big 12, but the guy can coach. I'm biased obviously, but I think he's a huge upgrade over Kent.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:11 AM   #2673
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

Ah, Arizona = Oregon and Ernie Kent = Norm Stewart.

This thread is going well.

It will be very interesting to see who Oregon finally settles on when all is said and done.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 04-02-2010 at 06:17 AM.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:10 AM   #2674
Butter
Coordinator

So, rumor is that DePaul is going to hire Oliver Purnell as their head coach today.

As I stated on the Univ. of Dayton fan boards, Purnell is a good hire for them as long as they don't expect to win any tournament games with him as coach.

This probably works out for Clemson as well, as it felt like the basketball program had stagnated under him, and more than a few fans were disgruntled at their inability to win a single NCAA tourney game under him. But it's just as likely that they hire someone awful like Larry Shyatt as it is that they hire someone good to replace him.
Old 04-06-2010, 05:58 PM   #2675
RainMaker
General Manager

I'm walking distance from DePaul and my parents had season tickets throughout my childhood. So I've always been a fan of the program and will root for them.

I sort of wanted Isiah for the job. Yeah he's a shitty coach but he also would recruit the hell out of Chicago. Not to mention bring some much needed attention to the program.

In any event, they at least hired someone with solid qualifications. At this point I'm not worried about winning games in the tournament, just winning a few games in the Big East.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:09 PM   #2676
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm pretty impressed that DePaul was able to do this well. Purnell will probably never get them to the Final Four or win the Big East, but he has a pretty good track record of turning poor teams into pretty good teams.

It looks like he is 56-years old, so if he can transform them back into a bubble-ish (of course that will be different if/when the tournament expands) team in the next 3-4 years, the job will be much better for whoever comes along afterwards.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:36 PM   #2677
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Cornell's Donahue to BC.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:44 PM   #2678
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I'm pretty impressed that DePaul was able to do this well. Purnell will probably never get them to the Final Four or win the Big East, but he has a pretty good track record of turning poor teams into pretty good teams.

It looks like he is 56-years old, so if he can transform them back into a bubble-ish (of course that will be different if/when the tournament expands) team in the next 3-4 years, the job will be much better for whoever comes along afterwards.
Yeah, that should be the goal. Get them back to respectability. Without an on-campus arena and more money going into facilities, I don't think they'll ever be able to become a contender in the Big East. But they should be recruiting better in Chicago being able to get into the tournament every other year.

The city is much more fun when there is a good college basketball team in town.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:18 PM   #2679
MrBug708
Head Coach

Rumors of Brad Stevens and Butler AD(Former Oregon Asst Coach) as a package deal.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:05 PM   #2680
miami_fan
Coordinator

Wake Forest Demon Deacons fire Dino Gaudio as coach - ESPN

Quote:
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. -- Wake Forest fired men's basketball coach Dino Gaudio after three seasons Wednesday during a hastily drawn news conference.

Athletic director Ron Wellman said "the basis for the decision was our late-season and postseason performances." Gaudio was a combined 1-5 in Atlantic Coast Conference and NCAA tournaments, the only victory coming in the first round of the NCAA tournament this year against Texas, when Ishmael Smith hit a last-second jumper in overtime.

"This was not a snap decision. It was not a snap judgment," said Wellman, who served on the NCAA Division I men's basketball committee this season and was in Indianapolis earlier this week for the Final Four.

Gaudio was 61-31 at Wake Forest since he was hired in 2007 to replace Skip Prosser, who died of a heart attack. Gaudio received a contract extension in October, but pressure has been mounting because of those poor late-season performances.

Neither Gaudio nor his assistants returned several messages left on their cell phones.

"Six months ago, I was convinved that we were going to perform better at the end of the season," Wellman said. "That did not happen."

Wake Forest opened the 2008-09 season 16-0 and was briefly ranked No. 1, before finishing 24-7 and going one-and-done in both the ACC and NCAA tournaments. The Demon Deacons were the highest seed to lose in the first round when they lost to No. 13 seed Cleveland State.

"We started off 16-0, No. 1 in the country, then lay an egg in the NCAA tournament -- it tore us to pieces when we knew we weren't going to finish our dream," guard L.D. Williams said before the season. "All season long, coach Gaudio talked about 'Final Four, Final Four, Final Four,' and we don't even make the final 32. It kills us every day."

Part of the problem for Gaudio has been players leaving early for the NBA. Jeff Teague and James Johnson both left early last season, and leading scorer Al-Farouq Aminu declared for the draft last week with two years of eligibility remaining.

The Demon Deacons also lose Smith, their second-leading scorer, and 7-foot center Chas McFarland and guard L.D. Williams to graduation.

Interesting timing to say the least. Based on the comments it looks like he could recruit but could not develop the talent he brought in. I am guessing the AD put out a few feelers during the Final Four and found a better coach.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:55 PM   #2681
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Goodbye E.T.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 04-07-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:42 PM   #2682
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Not a surprise, but Kansas' Xavier Henry announced his decision to enter the NBA draft today. He should be a top 20 pick.

Interesting story regarding Kentucky's recent press release announcing their five NBA bound players. It sounds as if Calipari made the announcement public before the players had even truly decided. I can't blame the guy as he's promising playing time to potential recruits while waiting on these players to decide. Probably could have handled it better though.

http://vaughtsviews.com/?p=4221
Old 04-08-2010, 10:57 PM   #2683
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
Wake Forest Demon Deacons fire Dino Gaudio as coach - ESPN

Interesting timing to say the least. Based on the comments it looks like he could recruit but could not develop the talent he brought in. I am guessing the AD put out a few feelers during the Final Four and found a better coach.

Speculation has been there's something more to the firing than just the fact that Gaudio can't coach his way out of a wet paper bag, things the NCAA would look askance at. However, the mediocre play down the stretch the last few years on his watch did not help his case. I also agree that AD Wellman likely has a successor on the line already and is just getting his i's and t's taken care of before announcing anything.

All this hot-n-heavy ACC coaching carousel action has once again raised the hackles of many a State fan who are ready to lynch our current AD for gross mismanagement of the various programs on his watch because he damn near refuses to fire anyone no matter how poorly they're performing. It took several winless conference seasons for him to fire the women's volleyball coach, for example.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:21 AM   #2684
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

The exit of Oliver Purnell leads to the apparent exit of Clemson commitment Marcus Thornton, Mr. Georgia Basketball for 2010. He's requested his release and has expressed interest in both Georgia Tech and Georgia.

AJC’s Mr. Georgia Basketball requests Clemson release, interested in Georgia Tech and UGA | Prep Zone: High School Sports
Old 04-09-2010, 07:39 AM   #2685
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
The exit of Oliver Purnell leads to the apparent exit of Clemson commitment Marcus Thornton, Mr. Georgia Basketball for 2010. He's requested his release and has expressed interest in both Georgia Tech and Georgia.

AJC’s Mr. Georgia Basketball requests Clemson release, interested in Georgia Tech and UGA | Prep Zone: High School Sports

Requesting and receiving a release from a LOI are two very different things. I would guess that there is about a 70% chance he ends up staying at Clemson once the new head coach sweet talks him and about a 2% chance that he ends up at any other ACC school. In the rare cases that players are let out of LOIs, they are almost always contingent on the player not joining a fellow conference team.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #2686
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Requesting and receiving a release from a LOI are two very different things. I would guess that there is about a 70% chance he ends up staying at Clemson once the new head coach sweet talks him and about a 2% chance that he ends up at any other ACC school. In the rare cases that players are let out of LOIs, they are almost always contingent on the player not joining a fellow conference team.

I don't think there's a very good chance he stays, but I agree that he likely won't end up at an ACC school. Georgia would be a more likely destination.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #2687
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Requesting and receiving a release from a LOI are two very different things.

Umm ...
Quote:
The elder Thornton confirmed to the AJC that Clemson officials have agreed to the release

Whether he ends up at GT is a different deal

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 04-09-2010 at 08:13 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 08:19 AM   #2688
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Umm ...

Requesting a release from a LOI is nearly automatic anymore. If a new coach doesn't release signed players from their LOI, it's major recruiting ammunition for all the other coaches. It can kill your recruiting. Many of these coaches know that they'll go to a different program eventually and they want the same luxury of taking players along to their new destination without any backlash.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #2689
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

FYI to Mizzou b-ball fans.......At least two transfers expected to be announced today. Rumor is that Paul and Stone are the two that are transferring. Not a surprise given the staff has been hitting the recruiting path hard over the last few weeks despite no more scholarships available at that time. Should allow Mizzou to bolster their front line.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:15 AM   #2690
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Umm ...

My bad, I re-read it. I had seen this:

Quote:
Georgia Tech and UGA have revealed through third parties that they are heavily interested in Thornton, if he is granted a release.

and this:

Quote:
“(Clemson) has indicated to me that they will grant the release, and that they are excited about the opportunity to continue recruiting Marcus,” the elder Thornton said. “They said Marcus is part of any conversation that they are having with coaching candidates.”

and taken the quotes from his dad and the prepared statement w/ a grain of salt b/c people often hear what they want to hear when they are making a request. It seems like, often times, the school will release the player, but they'll take their time to give the new coach an advantage.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:26 AM   #2691
Logan
Head Coach

That's what Rutgers is doing with Gil Biruta right now. They'll eventually release him, but they'll make him listen to the new coach make his pitch.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #2692
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
FYI to Mizzou b-ball fans.......At least two transfers expected to be announced today. Rumor is that Paul and Stone are the two that are transferring. Not a surprise given the staff has been hitting the recruiting path hard over the last few weeks despite no more scholarships available at that time. Should allow Mizzou to bolster their front line.

It sounds like Paul has been unhappy with his playing time and is transferring on his own. If that is the case then I have no problem with it. However if this is a Kentucky like thing where we recruit a kid and then the program gets better and we try and push the less talented kids out I can't say that I am happy about it. They should definitely honor their scholarships. I am not saying that Anderson has to play Paul at all but if paul wants to stay on the team and get a degree from Mizzou it should be on him. Anderson has never given any indication to be this type of coach (so I will give him the benefit of the doubt) but there really is a fine line being potentially crossed here.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #2693
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Derrick Favors joins Gani Lawal in declaring early for the NBA draft.

Tech's Favors decides to turn pro *| ajc.com
Old 04-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #2694
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
It sounds like Paul has been unhappy with his playing time and is transferring on his own. If that is the case then I have no problem with it. However if this is a Kentucky like thing where we recruit a kid and then the program gets better and we try and push the less talented kids out I can't say that I am happy about it. They should definitely honor their scholarships. I am not saying that Anderson has to play Paul at all but if paul wants to stay on the team and get a degree from Mizzou it should be on him. Anderson has never given any indication to be this type of coach (so I will give him the benefit of the doubt) but there really is a fine line being potentially crossed here.

Paul did move by his own choice. The staff asked him to reconsider for a couple of days, but he still decided to transfer in the end. He'll be a good player for someone.

Stone had some attitude issues that the coaches weren't very happy with despite his potential. Neither side was interested in continuing their relationship.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:25 PM   #2695
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I wouldn't be too worried about it. The fact is players transfer from programs all of the time because of lack of playing time. It's a coach's job to recruit better players each and every year so you can't honestly put this on the coach. Guys like Paul and Stone are going to get an opportunity to gain quality minutes at another program. Everybody wins.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:51 PM   #2696
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Requesting a release from a LOI is nearly automatic anymore. If a new coach doesn't release signed players from their LOI, it's major recruiting ammunition for all the other coaches. It can kill your recruiting. Many of these coaches know that they'll go to a different program eventually and they want the same luxury of taking players along to their new destination without any backlash.

Just curious, but how is it major ammunition? Most coaches won't release a player into the conference
Old 04-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #2697
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Just curious, but how is it major ammunition? Most coaches won't release a player into the conference

That wasn't the point of discussion. The point was releases. I've already noted in a previous post that the release likely will not result in a transfer to GT in this case.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #2698
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
That wasn't the point of discussion. The point was releases. I've already noted in a previous post that the release likely will not result in a transfer to GT in this case.

I'll revise my statement. If a coach doesn't release them, how is that ammunition? Didn't Beasley want out of KSU and Martin refused? (iirc?)
Old 04-09-2010, 06:36 PM   #2699
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I'll revise my statement. If a coach doesn't release them, how is that ammunition? Didn't Beasley want out of KSU and Martin refused? (iirc?)

No. It was much like the scenario mentioned earlier. Beasley was frustrated initially about the change and the university told him they would release him if he still wanted to leave after talking with the new coach. He talked with Martin and confirmed that Hill would still be with KSU and then decided to stick with his commitment.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #2700
MrBug708
Head Coach

Oh vey, what sort of "negative recruiting" would other coaches use?